Speaker 1: FIVEBA Football Post Match Callers sixteen eleven one a seven Hawthorne for the first bounce to the last twelve eighty a margin of twenty seven. It was so damn disappointing this after the game for Ace transport solutions we've got for West Crowdon's John, what are your people?
Speaker 2: How are you going?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Not good?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I'd like to say a few things, but it won't be possible on air. But Tim Silvers came onto your program or in the media release when they appointed Maddie Knicks for another two years and said that they believe that he's the premiership coach. Well, if they believe that he's a premiership coach, I'm a giraffe walking around West Croydon. Let me tell you, I'm sick and tired of this club accepting the same excuses and accepting the same mistakes from year one in Maddie Knicks's tenure to year five. Nothing is going to change. If anyone in that club thinks that this is going to be ambership close coach, they're delusional. This club is no better off today today than it was five years ago. It's just not And we see the coach making the same errors, putting his faith in faith in the same players. They just don't deliver. And we talk about an AFL team that apparently supposed to have a skill set, Well, can you tell me what they've been practicing over the off season?
Speaker 5: This is this is just a joke.
Speaker 4: We have people with no courage in this in this organization to call it as it is and say, thank you, Maddie, not good enough, we're going But what do we do? For no reason at all, we decided to extend the tenure for another two years. Absolute joke, this club, absolute joke.
Speaker 1: Thanks John Berry passion. It's not all on Maddie.
Speaker 6: The performance invites scrutiny of his performance.
Speaker 1: Well, yes it does, but that was a group of boys out there that build all week. This was like a final last seasons on the line and dish that out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But to John's point, this is not just on today that John's angry. It's a body of boy the first time this has a genuine expectation. Where are they will hard again?
Speaker 1: We're hard to defend. And we've got Campo sitting here and I don't want to put him in the burner a year. But for the last two weeks and certainly today, Why aren't they evening up the numbers in front of the ball. Why aren't they evening up the numbers in front of the ball. Why aren't they evening up the numbers in front of the ball. You knew what Stewart did, justly did it. If he didn't do it, it was well if it wasn't even someone else, they just slaughtered us from D fifty fifty.
Speaker 7: Well, and the answer that, well, and clearly we're not there. And I'm making somewhat of a I guess, an educated guess as because we can see from the vision that there's one up there so and you can see behind the goals and that sort of thing that there is an extra one there. But I just you know they.
Speaker 1: Does that person impact enough on the game?
Speaker 7: Correct? And then that is no, it will. But sometimes as a coach, right, sometimes you've got to lose the battle win the war, right, And that's a fly that I used as a stoppage coach. Okay, so you sit there and go, do we want to try and get field position off the back of the stoppage. Yes, we want to do, which is what they've done for majority of the year. Right now. But if you've got an influential defender who generates intercept possession and they go back and score off the back of it, which they will now have to make a decision. Do I need to make this a one on one game and put it on the midfield group? You guys don't. I can't give you any help. You need to get it done, and I think Adelaide's midfield can get it done without that. I absolutely think they can do it. Crouch, Dawson, lead Berry, Peddler, I reckon, there's enough grunts and everything to get it done in there, but they continue to get I guess beat by the same way with these intercept possession defenders. That causes grief, like in terms of when the ball gets lost and they lose it off half back and they get.
Speaker 1: Scored against it, We're just done. Hello tab loss, Hello you're on tab.
Speaker 8: To me?
Speaker 9: Okay, look, I'm not a Knicks fan, so let's get that out front. And I think that you keep playing the same team and yeah, you beat West Coast, big bill, you know, And why have they got people like why is we've got the worst ruckman in the whole league. And I don't care if he's friends with anybody there, but why not try something different in the ruck and then maybe you know, we won't be losing the middle and putting pressure on what you're talking about?
Speaker 10: Do you fifteen?
Speaker 9: Do everything? All that's out the window if you can't win the ball out of the middle. So a better ruckman, a better set up there, and it's an experiment. I mean, just touch the players around him there. I don't know, you can't keep going with you know, the knixt what's the name in the Ruckman O'Brien combination isn't complete and utter failure and every Crows person knows it. And that's all there is to it.
Speaker 1: Thanks tav Well. Clearly the next man in is straw and they don't well.
Speaker 7: I mean, I could argue, I could argue against that from that perspective. If he's had thirty five hitouts and fifteen hits to advantage. If you go to Reeves, he's had twenty hitouts and only six hits to advantage. So in terms of Riley O'Brien's rock work, if that's what we're critiquing him on, he was a better ruckman on the day. But when the ball hits the ground. What's happening at ground level? That's what the question you should be asking, not necessarily the rockwork because those numbers fifteen hitouts to advantage is a fair day. Actually, that's that's a great connection rate. So you can't sit there and go so out of thirty five he's connected one in every two almost. But so what's happening at ground level? That'd be the question for me in terms of and you know what that refers to the ground ball scrambled, That's what happens. They got beat up once the ball hit the ground.
Speaker 1: Hello, Jacket, Melrose Park, Hey, Steve, were yours?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Yeah, Look Stephen, I think with the Crowe I think there's a lot more issues than are matching units. Maybe Matthew nixt questions some players like brodis Smith shouldn't be playing I think Hrey should be playing half. But that I think you're going to look at it trows me to look at behind the scenes, Rashudo justin reive Camish over. Those three people have been in the club's a very long time now and there's there no success. Camis Sholi red. They've recruited pops in my opinions, like Ned mc Canrey Murphy. There's no ex talent at all in our list, And I think if we change coaches, yes, don't. I think Nick has made some decisions that have been poor, But honestly, I think he's just to chat to the best out of this list as possible. And honestly, I think if we changed coaches, not much is going to change you too. He changed the background things.
Speaker 1: Could agree with you more. Jack. I've been seeing that for probably a fair time and you know a lot of Crows. People get into me for being negative about it, but just have a look at the numbers, have a look at what they've attracted. Now. I keep getting because I get phone calls. Well, but we've got Dawson Rowe not bad, and we got Rankin' not banned. But it's the body of work. You can't just hang your hand on those two.
Speaker 6: It's the body of work we got both of.
Speaker 1: Traction and retention are the two big things. And I think they're as poor as any club with it. No one wants to deal with them, and they're aggressive in the market. Now, anyone that's anyone who's that rooster, we're going to get you one point three million. I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that name is linked to my club. One link to the fifteen Unner eight ing clubs was linked to mine. Hello, Jai.
Speaker 10: Gooda boys, great call again, amazing passion, and that's why I listened to you.
Speaker 12: I just want to.
Speaker 10: Think about half time and think about our big, beautiful ruckman O'Brien. He had fixed tackles, which is you know, that's pretty good for a ruckman. But I looked at the statu sheet and there was fourteen Crows players who had as many tackles combined as O'Brien did. And I looked at that.
Speaker 13: That's m joy, that's an effort. Yeah, that is effort.
Speaker 10: And our midfield, I think, rocked up today just assuming we're going to rock out in the game, have a kick and we take the chocolate home and get back on the plane. But you can't do that in this competition.
Speaker 1: Well, JOI, that's a damning stat and it's true. And again it was build and I got seduced by it. I got seduced by it. I looked at Hawthorne all week. What can they do? What can't they do? What the Crows can do? And it is Brian Faith and people can ring and have a fair crack and rightly so that is that is just an absolutely damning stat for the whole week. The boys were builders. This is our final, our seasons on the line. We want to be in that group. You know. Now we're three games out, they're fourteenth on the ladder. They got beaten by a team who's below them on the ladder. They've now lost not a hand straight at the MCG. The stats are starting to become very damning, and a rock up like that, I don't think there's anything else other than to say they didn't turn up and I think that's embarrassing. Yeah, how do you defend it?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 1: They were embarrassing that first half? Yeah, well you fourteen players said there's tackles.
Speaker 7: Well, I just had I just I just had a quick look. There was seven players that had one tackle and there was two players that had zero. So there's nine out of year twenty two or in a final three that didn't have a tackle. But I mean, ultimately there, Yeah, the tackling is one thing, but for me, there's other issues in the tackling big.
Speaker 1: People at hands another one big picture in a year you're expecting to make finals after a long rebuilding period, the expectations you're catching teams, not having teams that were behind you catching you.
Speaker 6: And that's what it looked like happened today with Hawthorne.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 6: They look like they've gone past Adelaide well.
Speaker 1: Eleven wins last year, the expectation was more and again I can just imagine Nixy saying, whether it's in the press and now or Rankins heard us, Dawson wasn't fit, Walker was off, we don't have feelthorpe. Now, that's all pertinent points. They're probably your four best players, your most talented players, the ones with the most skill and poison class. Aren't they nothing out of those four because three were injured and Dawson probably shouldn't have played pretty hard, but you shouldn't be relying on that well injury. They still Crow's top end talent is just three players not named two of them.
Speaker 13: Hello Tom, So you guys.
Speaker 14: A couple of points. The first one is again recruiting, which was never you know, was never held to account during when we had publish and that look over the club. I mean, our best players that we've recruited are rookie picks and picks in the thirties and forties, not our first round picks who are meant to be your elite talent with elite skills. And to use your word Rowie class what Raschelley, You look at Roschelle, you look at Ned Mucknry, you look at Chase Jones. I mean the fact that Ben mu Kenry and Chase Jones are still on the team. If they weren't first round picks, they wouldn't be there. My other point is as well, none of the players are worried about being dropped because Nicky's got his favorites. It's about time and to save his own coaching career, it's about time he stops putting blind faith into players and goes, you know what, you're not pulling up. You're not doing what you're meant to be doing. So you know what, I'm going to bring in some young kids, give them a go, see what they've got, because you never know what you have unless you actually give them a go. You know, sometimes you don't have to always be smashing it in the sanfl to come in and do all right. And I think we need to give some of the other guys a go because we're going nowhere quick, and to be honest, the best thing that can happen is we lose every game from here, because then heads will roll.
Speaker 1: Oh told me, don't want to wish that. There's one bloke that I'd like to have a stern talking to, and that's for Shelley. And I think if you want to put one over the bow, he's won send him back till he comes back as a team man. I mean that just the basics of giving on the up, give the first give. Don't think he can win it off your own beat every time, every time he gets near the ball, he wants to do something miraculous with it or something brilliant with it. That's how it appears to me. And I don't know what he's like as a kid. I hear him on your show and he's lovely or hear positives coming out of him. But he doesn't play the ultimate team game. He's not a King O Taylor, that that ultimate team man that does the basics every damn single time. He has no defensive side of his game. He misses too many tackles he's intended. The contest isn't strong enough for me. Get out, come back when you're better.
Speaker 7: So in terms of that, though you agree.
Speaker 1: With those comments or of being too hard, I think tend to be a bit hardh.
Speaker 7: No, I think they're valid, you know, and that fluctuates. Some of those things fluctuate, right, And he's still a young player, so we've got to you know, but we're temper our. But we've seen there's a trend there once again. And I use that word a lot row with you when we talk about stuff. You've got to look for trends because sometimes you know, these things happen and.
Speaker 1: He come off the line poorly.
Speaker 7: He did, Yeah, he did. But the thing is now, so the question I'll ask you two is so Adelaide now potentially don't play finals. So do we get to see some of those guys now we happy to be You have to.
Speaker 1: Well, who are we talking? Is Downing ready?
Speaker 6: Dowling's had twenty five, it's through the third quarter of the game this afternoon, they're getting towed out by West. He's Adelaide. They're actually twenty eight points behind three quarter times, so he's twenty five and a half. But does he come in and play the r Ford Sean Berg death role or do you know.
Speaker 7: Midfield we got to play. He's to be willing to.
Speaker 1: Play him in the spot that they've been training it, and we don't do that at our club. For midfielder lights up in the sample for three weeks, like Shomberg, he goes in the deaf seat. Bitter lights up in the in the sampleing he goes into the deaf seat. You know, the deaf seat.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: To your question, care clubs that deathly.
Speaker 6: The position now can't be about trying to apply some window dressing to the season. Sneak a couple of late wins in our well was thirteenth or twelfth and other things. It might have been playing for eighth. This needs to be about investing time in the future.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: And if the people aren't there who are willing to make a commitment now to the future the football club, they shouldn't be in those positions.
Speaker 7: Or and or you not that this and or it's about list management decisions as well, because you cans now, so you go, well, instead of we'll planning on maybe having three picks, No, no, we've got to try and trade up and get four because we need some talent in this particular area. So that's that's the potent now they won't want to throw the season away or whatever. But it's an interesting one because you're round twelve. You've got Richmond next week and then the bye, so then you really are.
Speaker 1: City then the bye is it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's Richmond on Sydney at home and then the bye.
Speaker 7: Correct. Yeah. So you sit there and go, well, they we think they should take care of Richmond. But and Sydney they're humming. So you're seeing there going now what happens you know at that point in time. So there's a decision to make on you know, there's some players that you sit there and go, well, you know, do we need to have a look at someone else?
Speaker 1: I'm there, I'm well and truly there. Hello Keith at Highbury.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'd like to say happy days God, but that was absolute rubbish Hawthorne. Hawthorne players were running around like stray dogs without a catcher and adelaide I need to take a broom to the coaching staff and the recruiters. But I'd like just to say one thing. What's next is North Melbourne and West Coast are going to go to pass us now because a Hawthorne certainly has and since when has Adelaide given a coach more than five years without making a final. You Ro you might be able to know that or your campo, but I can't remember a coach that was allowed to say more than five years and not make the finals.
Speaker 7: Yeah he's the number was three, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was? But he's he signed for Well this year and another two after that. He's the next premiership coach. But you're building on the back of class in the midfield. I look at Hawthorne and I think, wow, they've got Blakes in a twenty one twenty warp will still only twenty three. Nukim is still only twenty two, Like oh god, like you think wow, so so and Campos always said it. You know, midfields win premierships. We're miles off of that.
Speaker 6: After the game thanks to Acet Transport Solutions. Need something delivered, don't risk it acet Acet Transport dot A.
Speaker 1: But that's all right. Rankins Apparently the midfielder who we recruited at a million bucks for Ford, now he's outstanding. I hope he can be that. Rochelley was the same. Race Shelley ain't ever going to be a midfielder. He can only work one way Sligo I think is going to be good Schomberg. They don't look at Impeddal. They should, but they don't. I mean, I can put whole all the way through this like Swiss cheese.
Speaker 6: It's giving me the earth to give and just one last bit on that. I think The thing that frustrates fans as well is what appears to be the absence of a development plan for these guys. Is it to play half a season as a half forward flank and then work your way in What do you need to demonstrate playing in that role to get your chance? What are you need to demonstrate at the sandful level to get a chance to play in your preferred position. It just seems to be a rotation of the same positions with the same group of names, and it's difficult to draw any sort of consistent narrative around.
Speaker 1: It's a revolving door, that's right.
Speaker 6: Why people are getting certain opportunity to do the same thing. I don't know what's the plan for Luke Peddler. I don't understand he's gone back today. He's got about eight touches and three quarters of foot in the sample, so I presume he's playing as a Ford there is that now. The way he's seen it just seems like these guys are plug into the side sort of fingers in a dike to try and stop stop the whole thing from willing.
Speaker 1: I can't answer it because I don't know.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Even scary than that, they don't know.
Speaker 15: Hello er yeah, Oi. Look, it's hard to judge Nixie. I had a lot of confidence he might be the man the first two or three years. But I think you've got to take into account that the Crows are the worst field kicking team in the AFL. We watch him every week under pressure. There's just so many of those lads kicking skills and not up to AFL standards. So that's not the coach's fault. That Tamish Ogilby and Justin Reeve they've brought those lads in the club knowing their kiding was not up to scratch. Now, Nixy, fifth year, we've seen bad signs. Now they were seeing no effort today. That was one of the worst efforts in the first half I've seen from the Crow's team for years. So now, but now it's coming home to roost, Nixy for five years without finals, you cannot accept mediocrity like this. We already have accepted so much mediocrity over the last seven years. Cats have vibe this book. He's tried his best, but he's going to look at his recruitment and his list management and let's we get those areas tidied up first. The next coach won't have him luck either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, passionate Cyril. There's a lot of that I can't defend. Hello, Douggy at blake View.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys. The reason why we had such a good year last year because Taylor Walker had a career best season. It's pretty simple. This year he's not having that and the Crows going crap. I've been ringing this show for last I reckon seven or eight years. That hasn't just been a recent thing. Our poor recruiting. The Crows have not gone to the draft and got one player that you say, oh gee, he's.
Speaker 8: Going to be a star.
Speaker 2: Sure enough, we've got Rank and the Dawson, but we've got them from other clubs. Let's go to the draft and actually draft someone. It's I'm a twenty three year gold member and I'm absolutely sick of this club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, passionate Dougie passionate Doug got a grin with.
Speaker 16: La Michael boys, great call, and thank you againting the five double A.
Speaker 13: But look and all.
Speaker 16: The callers are absolutely spot on here, all of them, I reckon. But I mean, you do wonder a few calls ago whether coaches do have their favorites. Campaign would probably be best to answer that. But honestly, what Pembo could have called this one today? Sitting on the couch with a crosser blanket in front of the heater at bowl full of diluted custard, which would draw a parallel.
Speaker 13: With the way they play.
Speaker 16: And we need a state raw commission on both teams in this date. So yeah, but thanks to five double.
Speaker 6: A surgery is right. He's out. So I don't think today would have made him feel any better.
Speaker 1: So is that the custod.
Speaker 6: He might have thrown the custod at the TV at some point in time. He doesn't get that wrapped up when you're lost, but he would have got he would have started Pembe would have started gardening. Had the fifteen minute mark of the first quarter and just going into a z end like state that none of the rest of us can't get to.
Speaker 1: So he's a gardener and a cook.
Speaker 6: Gardener and a cook, and.
Speaker 1: He's a better man than me. I'm a fishman and a hunter. Tallo, John, and I'm on the hunt right now.
Speaker 17: Hello Johnny Ooday, gentlemen.
Speaker 18: Look, it's not all doom and gloom. You know, I can see how this is going to play out. I'm confidence it's you know, it's one game. I think for me, what will happen is we'll take a big scalp later in the year when finals are not possible. Then we'll win the Showdown again. Then we can extend Matthew Nicks for ten years and then everyone will be optimistic about like next year, and then it will at least be happy to a round three or four next year till this until this happens again.
Speaker 1: John, you just defined me. I mean, I mean, and I'm embarrassed. You're right, John, I am embarrassed by that.
Speaker 7: That's me.
Speaker 1: That is me. It's called blind faith, and it just disappoints It's Rick my entire weekend eight double two three double a double. If you just tuned in from the first bounce to the last, Hawthorne who were below them on the ladder at the mcg beat them sixteen eleven one o seven. The numbers were just damning for the Crows twelve eight eighty March and twenty seven. It's got to Edwardstown.
Speaker 13: Michael, Good, afternoon, Fellow's air going yours?
Speaker 1: You there, we're yours mate, Fire up, yep.
Speaker 13: I'm not a pro supporter. I'm actually a Tiger supporter, so I feel your pain. But Rowie, I just want to make a point. I mean, there's no point you know, going on about coaches and all that sort of stuff, because all of that stuff will take care of itself, you know, win wins or losses. But you were talking about, you know, talking about Josh Race Shelley. I was what I've been watching him a bit lately. You know, I've followed Saligo as well off what his his game has had really picked up this year, which is good to see. But you know, when Rachelley came onto the scene, he you know, he burst onto the scene and did a few special things, et cetera. But ever since then he's really done nothing. And you know, a player should improve, but you know, really seen him go backwards. He doesn't look fit. I reckon, he's probably about five or six kegs over a good playing weight for him. He doesn't push up the ground, you know, when if the ball is struggling to get through, you know that that half back middle, you know, you see that, you see the forwards you know push up the ground. And it really it really stands out when when Texas not there and Rankin's not there, he just he's got no tank and he just doesn't seem to have a passion to go and get the ball. He's always seems to be waiting to be given the ball. And the year exact right in what you say in regards to him having, you know, wanting to do the special things and not play the team game. You know, you know it's as you know, it's a team game. Yeah, you do a special thing every now and then, you know, and that's on instinct, you know, it's an instinct thing that that's built into a player that's played the game for years and years. But he's really got to go back and go back to the basics and build himself a tank, get some gut running into him, and get a little bit of mongrel into his game, because like you say, you know, he's brushed off the tackles. He doesn't go and get the ball.
Speaker 4: He doesn't, you know, he's.
Speaker 13: There's no he as a forward. You know you should put the fear of God into your into your player. As a defender, you know they should be scared to go and stand on you because they don't want to get five goals kicked on it.
Speaker 1: But Michael, I'll say it like this, I run into Torrance with people that you know don't quite do the team thing in the basics. Well, I reckon if I was his coach and campo, this is what I did. There was a bloke called Dylan More who's the same agent, played as many games, who kicked five today. He gave the first gift. He got to the crumb. He didn't fly three deep, he didn't try to do anything fancy. He got the basics of his game right and he was an enormous small forward for them. Rachelley has all of those attributes. I don't know who's coaching him or who's instilling the sense of I'm gonna be careful to say because he's a great lead and he works for you at five double a will, But I was bitterly disappointed in his game today.
Speaker 5: Hello Michael, gooday, lads, Thanks taking my call, twenty five year gold member. After the Congry game, the word I use.
Speaker 13: I was tired.
Speaker 14: And after the game today all I.
Speaker 5: Can play is on board.
Speaker 13: It's it's what take what it is?
Speaker 5: Seven years of board. Nothing is actually progressing. I don't club anymore any stagnant. You've got a team that's not winning, You've got a fans inside that's not doing anything. You've got a home base that is just.
Speaker 19: How I square.
Speaker 12: I'm just bored.
Speaker 1: We need something you about we did last year, Michael. That's the teas. That's the teas. It's like going to a dance and they really pretty girl there. You just keep looking at her and you think I can get her and end up not you know what I mean. You end up just still sitting on the bench and no girls come and ask you for a dance. Where you go and ask him for a dance and they say, no, ugly thing. How about you get your teeth fixed, in your hair done, and you know you ugly thing. We're just ugly at the moment.
Speaker 7: We're just getting left on the dance floor or a graders last year if you look, if you think of last year. So Dawson rankin Walker.
Speaker 1: You know, they were the three classes and best players in the team.
Speaker 7: But what happened last year is the guys underneath did they I guess the question for you guys did they overperform?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: And now they either haven't improved or they've dropped back below you know where the over performance has been. And so now the GAP's too big between the best players and then you lose. You know, Dawson had didn't have a great start to the year, but then his last month was great. He didn't have a great day today. You know, Walker was in my opinion, and this is my opinion, he was never going to have each season like he had last year, like that was what he did last year at his age was phenomenomenal, right, and so he was never He's another twelve months older, another preseason older. The service was they didn't focus on their ball movement. They focused purely on defense. So I think they probably got some of it wrong over preseason. Now that was a lot of it.
Speaker 6: Maybe you've described a scenario Campo, that's every Crows fans worse not there and no one will sleep if you put what you just said in simple language, which is to say that last year wasn't the continuation of a trend towards being a final side, but Riley rather the high watermark for an achievement for a list that isn't was never as good as coming eleventh twelfth.
Speaker 7: That's terrifying.
Speaker 1: After being West Coast twice and North twice. They built it up on lad if.
Speaker 6: That's the case after what five years of rebuilt.
Speaker 1: Well after the four losses this year, I said it was fool's gold. Well, can you put fool's gold in your teeth? Camp I'm not going to slay. Can I use scientific language? Hello, Johnny wild on campaign? Well, don't have you say.
Speaker 17: John Stephen Campo. I just want to go back in time a little bit. You was under Phil Walsh. He was a great coach, Phil watsh I had a lot of respect and you were there with him. He would not have set what some of these players are putting in for the club their grand will get.
Speaker 20: He wouldn't cop that. He wouldn't count your sake, get rid of them pretty much betrayed. Walsh wouldn't put up with some of these guys playing for the Adelai Woody, you know I want the honest.
Speaker 7: John I one hundred and ten percent agree with that. You know, yeah's one of those and to be honest, you know that was something that I drove as well. But unfortunately, whether the players have to buy into those things right, Ultimately, that's what the players have to do. The coaches put the game and then you have to either go and get the talent that can execute the game plan. Now, whiles she's timing was perfect. When he came in and they everyone bought in. It was an unbelievable preseason to think that the group that was there, what he was able to do to get the belief and get the game style. It was a breath of fresh air. But he was He was ruthless on some of those things, but still did it in a caring way. And you know, with this generation like it is different. But unfortunately, if you let it go, these are fester.
Speaker 1: They fest, and Rochelle's the boy product of that. He is I'm using him because he's superbly talented, should be better not getting that part of it right. He's the boy product of week week week, training week, coaching week. Everything.
Speaker 21: Well.
Speaker 6: I think I think every weather, whatever people's perspectives on Josh Shirley Guard, I think every Crows fan has been frustrated. They've been terming the selection Merry Go Round. We said, the same two names go out, the same two names come in.
Speaker 1: Hello, Daniel, are young boys? Who are yours?
Speaker 19: Just what are we going to do with the midfield? I mean, when are we going to actually put someone in there under the age of twenty five? I've been kicking some starts this year on a few of the boys. I'll get I'll read out some numbers for you. One hundred and seventy four center bouncers attended twenty three to one. Now in that twenty three to one nine or against West Coast and three against the Kangars. Any idea who that is? Boys?
Speaker 1: Who the player is?
Speaker 15: Yep?
Speaker 6: Well one, you mean clearances cele yep.
Speaker 19: No, No, that's look Rowie. So he goes way above that bait. One hundred and seventy four attendances, twenty three to one lead lead. How is he still in the midfield? His numbers percent of bounce clearances this year one two, one two two two.
Speaker 1: That's so that's first touch off ruckman's head.
Speaker 19: That first touch off the open hands. Now he's going at twelve to thirteen percent for the year. Other midfielders in the competition are up eighteen twenty. How is he still in there? And he's the first day in the first quarter today just waltzed around in time after time?
Speaker 6: What we just why we keep the second after? Didn't we?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: Center bounce one's an interesting one that once again having coached that roll not correct. So let's take the emotion out of those on Paddy dangerfield. When I coached Patty is the center bounce. He was either target or he was reader on the opposition. He couldn't play sweeper because he was like a dog chasing the tennis ball. And he used to break And you remember that visionary when I dragged him off the ground because Burgle and he let him goal side on two occasions, and I said to him, what are you doing? And he's a you know, what do you mean when I said, you're not to play sweeper because you break the system down right? So, and the center bounce is an art in itself, Like you have a separate meeting, you look at the dynamics of and you look at take Adelaide out of it. You look at how you know port Adelaide in terms of what they do. They've got speed and power and agility and those things around there. Now they got opened up in the last quarter. So it happens. But some of the times it's about the personnel and the role that you're playing. So those numbers and I haven't looked deep into it, but I would suggest that Rory LED's not the target inside a center bounce. It's more Dawsons, it's Matt Crouch, it's Celego, so he's playing more of a defensive sweeper type role from there. So it's not that I'm I'm trying to put some perspective on it.
Speaker 1: That's hello, tenure, thanks for waiting.
Speaker 21: Oh no, worry, t going good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm bit upset.
Speaker 3: I just can't get how we're the only AFL side to not have a home base.
Speaker 1: Were we getting one tenure?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah, maybe yeah?
Speaker 3: And before that, like what else happens? So unbelievable. It takes so long to get something.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not the club's fault, it's the stupid cancels And don't get me shut on that.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, right, So why not go out and purchase some land. It might not be in an ideal spot, but build it and they'll come because it's got to be better than waiting forever, waiting for thirty trees to get knocked down or something.
Speaker 1: Ten we've negotiated for three and a half years now the plans are done. They're too far gone. I think they're throwing good money after bad. But when you've spent that much time on something and you've got a bulldoze through and we had John Oser and he said pretty much that this is going to happen. Be a little bit patient because I reckon by Septembumber one, the bulldozers and the survey peaks will go in tenure.
Speaker 7: Is it more based around It's an interesting call because you sit there like Hawthorne at home. Well, I want to hoold Hawthorne. They're building out in Dingley, which is like an hour and a half out of Melbourne, right, So I guess the question is is and having been inside the Four Walls when this all started, like I remember, they want to be in Adelaide where the Adelaide crows, and we want to be in a sanctum of Adelaide. That's part of the issue. Now. The problem is is these days it's not that easy because of the urban sprawl and you know, development plans and cancels and all those sort of things. So and to me, yes, Adelaide being is important, But ultimately isn't it about the facility, Like they're not going to play there. Well, they're not playing there. No, it's about the facility and what you know that can bring to perhaps another community. So they got wetted on being in Adelaide.
Speaker 1: But I don't know where there's. What Teavy wants is a club. I want a clumb I want to see the premierships there. I want to go there and have a beer and a snitty, you know. I want to yell over the fence. Come on, Rochelle there, Thanks, Janya, Hello, mas.
Speaker 21: Hey, guys, how are you going?
Speaker 1: Rule yours mans?
Speaker 21: I've heard that before or.
Speaker 8: Just going on?
Speaker 21: First of all, Daniels called back lead one hundred percent agree, even though he's getting those twelve percent or whatever he said, the possessions that he gets a worthless state. They don't hit Tiger. They're very up in the air. They don't give the fours the chance. So I agree with Daniel and that one. I think Rochelley has been coached out of his plays. He has no confidence. He he doesn't think instinctively. It's always trying to do something that's not there, Like he always tries to go for a goal when you know it doesn't work. It's there, there'll be a player open. It feels like a coaching thing where they've tried to make him a player that he isn't. He's had a lot of expactor a lot of now I think you need to go back to that, and I don't know how you sort of coach that insol player, That's my opinion. My other sort of question to you guys is what do do you guys see O'Brien as a premiership ruckman because I don't, and I don't know why we continue to move on with him and try to make him better or do things he basically gave off on players more of the ball than our own players. And I also think Smithers needs to have a bit of a spell. I think his possessions efficiency is going.
Speaker 19: Down the drain.
Speaker 21: He can kick sixteen met ball but kicks the straights the opposition and I don't know how many times he's done over the last probably this season and last season. Just want to get your thoughts on O'Brien and Smith.
Speaker 7: Well, I could take that, Matt. If you look at O'Brien, I mean, they don't grow on tree. So the Max Corn's the Brodie Grundies that if you look back over the premiership, you know, great teams. Yeah they're important, absolutely, but they don't grow on trees, those guys. But for me, that's one part of a midfield role. For me, it's the midfield at ground level, you know, that gets it done. So I think we're probably being a little bit hard on Riley in terms of what he does. The Smith one, I mean, if you take today, he kicked it at eighty percent Brodie Smith, so he missed that Howler in the first quarter. So you know, like sometimes we can get skewed by we see one thing and then all of a sudden that's the and a bit about you know what happens. But you know Smith, he's not getting any younger, right so and he's been a wonderful servant of the footy club, like he's not going to be He's all Australian best. So I guess from the frustration point of view is the supporters are saying is there someone better or is there another opportunity for someone perhaps to come in for Brody, and ultimately the question. We've seen Nan Curvis, we've seen Murray come in, we've seen Michael and he come in. So we've seen some you know, some up and shoots in terms of some of those guys. But I guess after year five everyone's getting frustrated around. We want to see, well, we want to play finals ultimately is what it is.
Speaker 6: After the bounce. Thanks to as transport solutions, we get to the awards in just the way. Well, I take one more call Vassi, good afternoon.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, good boys. Look, I just think we just don't have the cattle. Who is our a grader. I've watched the last two games of this round. You had Crips that he said, come on, I'm going to win for us, and you had Bonds said come on, I'm going to win for it, and the last of these their games were absolutely outstanding. We've got Dawsman, but he's in and out. He has this not consistent enough, and today he's captain.
Speaker 2: Walker goes off.
Speaker 8: He's got to do so. He had a very poor game. Okay, it's one game, but that we should have on paper, we should have beaten Hawthorne. And it would either We've got to look at our. It's not coaching a coaching these kicks, these thirty miss meter kicks that didn't get the target. If everyone you go totally over that game and already watching it. Finally, how many kicks just straight the opposition? Now, that's not a coach. That is poor ball skills, any talent, our talent and how to you know? Like, so we last year we probably have to really reflect and say we overachieve and this year were people have been hyping us up and we're not half as good as what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Well, actually they've been hyping themselves up. I think all pre season we expect to make finals, expect to make folds. I did two on the season they did last time. He asked about a graders. This an a grader. His name is ranking. He didn't play. So there's one I think philthought will be. He's developing, he's a big two. He will be very good. He's not played. Walker was off in the second quarter of the first with his back half time. They pulled the trigger. He's a third a grade out in doors and clearly had a fitness test, hasn't been fit. We've heard it all week. So there's your four best most talented poise A grade, I don't know classy plants.
Speaker 6: Now, then who's next, Let's go whose Hawthorne's a greater that most Crows fans did nominate.
Speaker 1: That that would say A grade.
Speaker 6: It's not basketball, you need more. It's not talking about one person.
Speaker 7: Well it's I mean even last year the A gras A graders. But it's still system as well, like you can have.
Speaker 6: It's a sum of talent, isn't it It is?
Speaker 1: I mean I predict against Port, was't it but for some of the talent.
Speaker 7: But if you have if you take Sydney for example, and you go across and I guess this is where the discussion is. If you go across Sydney's three and they're the they're the number one, so you can use them as a bit of a benchmark in terms of you know, if you look at their list profile once again, if you go back Grundy Golden, Heni Warner like that, that's not a bad that's arguably your all Australian midfield. You could easily make pole an argument to go here boys, you're the first four in pick in there, which it won't happen, but ultimately that's what happens. But then you've got Nick Blakey off half back. He's class. He's got calorm Mills that hasn't even played yet.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 7: You know coming back in you've got Maceneronnie and these guys on the wing, you've got Campbell. So the depth of players coming through now do they get I guess go to the level higher because those guys that we mentioned do they elevate, which I think is what happened last year. They elevated last year and unfortunately, for numerous reasons, those guys haven't. But you know, you've got a I don't think every team, every club in the AFL has depth that we think we do. You know, your top fifteen is probably around the mark and every you know, even Collingwood last night. You have a look at their outs last last night that it's a fair chunk of it's going on there, right, But there's still and they've given guys opportunities. You could argue Collingwood they've got the most inexperienced forward line going around.
Speaker 1: And god they've got no one up front. They lost, but didn't they a bulldogs?
Speaker 7: They still lost and even the Bulldogs. They didn't have Norton, they didn't have Richards last night.
Speaker 1: You know. So we've got shape, we've got good shape. Then he's out there in his boat. God, we have good shape playing.
Speaker 7: Is he playing or was he over there? Did he fly over?
Speaker 1: He didn't play. He's over there.
Speaker 7: So he's running at the MCJ now he was emergency. This is five double a football