Speaker 1: Jason No. One hundred, Well, good morning, everybody. Welcome Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Good morning. It's a midweek.
Speaker 3: Some people say Wednesday is their favorite day because it's sort of like, no, that's on heat.
Speaker 4: I think Wednesday is the worst day, you know.
Speaker 5: Tuesday, Yeah, Tuesday.
Speaker 2: What the hell am I doing it?
Speaker 1: You know what's becoming my favorite? Yeah? Thursday afternoon is it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bye? By nine oh one on Thursday, I'm in my weekend.
Speaker 1: Because Fridays like Fridays.
Speaker 3: Fridays, Fridays and Monday. You know, you're still on a high from the weekend. Tuesday, Wednesday, still what on the holidays?
Speaker 2: It's the who when We're Hell Day?
Speaker 5: That's for me, Monday, the Funday, Tuesday, the Seconday, Wednesday, Who when We're Hellday?
Speaker 2: It's from a movie. By the end of the show, take.
Speaker 4: Your word for it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to need some movie live googling.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's early for live Google.
Speaker 7: I have not seen that movie, nor have I speaking movies. Yeah, I did go to one on the weekend. Did you Thunderbots?
Speaker 1: What it's called birds?
Speaker 8: I go?
Speaker 1: I left halfway through it. I see. I think that's a bit rude.
Speaker 2: Monday, the Fun Day two days Wednesday, the who one were?
Speaker 1: What movie is it from?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I think that's a bit rude.
Speaker 7: But cli the actors aren't in the audience, man, Like, who am I being rude to? Or the other people in the theater they stand, it's not affecting them.
Speaker 2: Wait, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I left movie.
Speaker 4: It's okay to leave a movie halfway through.
Speaker 3: Remember when he walked out of that movie we saw together the three of us and he didn't come back moving the car.
Speaker 1: That's rude. Oh here we go.
Speaker 2: Rude to the actors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not in the room.
Speaker 4: Give them more respect.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it.
Speaker 2: Just means he's run out of snack.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is spot on. I think there should be an interval where you're head to the candy bar. Hey, guys, we've got the cops coming in today. We do after seven this morning.
Speaker 1: Popo.
Speaker 7: If only Melbourne could see you now frantically googling to find out what movie that's trying to get validation.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was in a movie.
Speaker 4: Hey, there's a new boss of the poper.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, it's Blake. Yeah. I think he's quite quite stirn Well.
Speaker 7: Look, we're got our friendly police officer Cheesy. He is going to be in the house this morning. We're going to catch up with him after seven thirty. If you've got any questions for the cops, give us a ring. There's something I want to ask him about. I did in traffic the other day and I want to know if I'm okay, it's illegal or it's just frowned upon.
Speaker 3: One of my one of my television morning television rivals, will join us as well. Oh, and he's he's got the best rig in the business.
Speaker 2: I reckon, not Tony.
Speaker 4: He works in the evenings, not in the mornings.
Speaker 2: Rival, David.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know who it is. I know who it is. He was on one of our favorite TV shows growing up. You'll find out who it is.
Speaker 2: Larry, Larry, Larry.
Speaker 1: I'm to come on there.
Speaker 2: The movie. He'll know the who what when we hat?
Speaker 7: Please don't bring up the movie. Let's get into it. Welcome to Wednesday.
Speaker 4: You're on the air with Wednesdays Now, Jason.
Speaker 5: Lauren, tell me why I really Likeday.
Speaker 7: It's going to be a long day. Good Morning Melbourne, you're on over. Good Morning Melbourne. We are on the air thanks to our mates shell Ready Express. You got Jason Lauren clint here as well. You are listening to over one hundred.
Speaker 5: I'm going to need one of the producers to do your breakfast run this morning morning. No, well, I normally have oats, but I had the oats like the little Sasha is of oats.
Speaker 1: In my bad microwavee ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, money and some nuts and some blueberries.
Speaker 4: Hang on blueberries a very expensive at the moment, eight bucks a punt it.
Speaker 1: What's happened you hung dog millionaire?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not hung I'm hungry because I had them. I didn't let them at work. I had them like the sachets in my bag, and I went to Pilate's and I came home and my dog ripped open in our bedroom, got my hambag off the bed, pulled it down and had eaten them, but also ripped the packets and then obviously licked them off the floor. And it's like a crust on our carpets. Do I just need nuke? Is that a steam clean job?
Speaker 1: Ripped the carpet up, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To vacuum it.
Speaker 5: And then I got like a brush and I like brushed it out to try and lift.
Speaker 1: You need to go down to Woolies and rent those machines of the year one.
Speaker 2: I've got one of the small version.
Speaker 1: No, you need to go and rent the big one day wheel that out to the car. They're chained up.
Speaker 2: They are right mate. Can you carry them upstairs?
Speaker 1: They used to when I was a checkout chicky. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've actually got to get our couch done too. Do you think I should give it a home? Yes, it will be therapeutic watching the dirt come out.
Speaker 7: You know what's you know, it's a bit, but it gives you that same feeling doing your mattress.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but the guy I got electro dry around a little while.
Speaker 2: Ago, Electro Dry Electric.
Speaker 1: And they did a pretty good job on the couch.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they'd fix your your dry oats on the carpet.
Speaker 5: She's like licked them into the carpet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be fair. So she's pretty good.
Speaker 7: It's quite a scene out the front with the van and all the cables going into How do they do it?
Speaker 1: Have you have you got a tap and plug into?
Speaker 2: But I think they can't get it upstairs. I've had this.
Speaker 1: Issue get the machine upstairs.
Speaker 2: The ones that are connected to the varn.
Speaker 7: No, they've got it looks like the scene in Et, you know, with all the cables and the pipe going into.
Speaker 2: The house, posters all the way upstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, backpack. Yeah, they're like Ghostbusters call me, electro Drie call them. That's how it works.
Speaker 5: You know what I hate calling companies that I call my insurance company there forty five minutes good as for a simple question, and they said we'll call you back in twenty four to forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: I was the same with the bank. Do you know what I and the menu?
Speaker 2: Your banks still exists? What about if you miss an option and you're like, do I just hang up and start again?
Speaker 1: Star gets him nine? That is it.
Speaker 2: But some of them that hotel room stuff, that's desk.
Speaker 4: Some of them let you leave a message and you can they call you back.
Speaker 5: I love that one, but then I never answer because I'm like, it's a number I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, oh, I missed it. Now I'm going to start again. It's so annoying, you.
Speaker 7: Know, the other days on the phone to Iron G and I'm just like hanging, I've missed the menu.
Speaker 1: I'm back to seven. Do you back with Iron G? Yeah, I've got like I got yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Got you account, your wife knows about it. Okay, No find me a bank. There are no banks anymore. No, I get cash out And I was like, well, you can't really.
Speaker 7: Rattles me when you're walking in to the bank now, and they're like, oh, I'm Charles, I'm the concierge.
Speaker 1: What if they have concierges?
Speaker 2: Now, what do they do before?
Speaker 1: You've got to qualify for the teller?
Speaker 3: You don't know, so you don't need to tell you need the machine or just pick up this phone and speak to Dorothy.
Speaker 2: Know you know how you get them?
Speaker 5: You say, when you get the options on the phone, you say you want to get a home loan through them, rush through.
Speaker 2: And then when you're there like, actually, I've just got an inquiry about getting a new bank card and they're done. Damn it. They think they're getting your money and they're not really.
Speaker 1: I'll give you hot tip. Dorothy's not in Sydney.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about another fad that I've stumbled across.
Speaker 2: I grapefruit diet.
Speaker 3: I love a fad, is you know me even more than well? A fitness fad, A health fad, you know, a wellness fad. I've stumbled across another one, and I want you to tell me. Is it a fad or is it fab?
Speaker 1: Is it the weak grass shots?
Speaker 2: Because there remember them and boost you said, I'm the little wheel of that right.
Speaker 1: Mowing lords. They still have them. I don't think it's a thing, weak grass shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love all those things.
Speaker 1: And they even had the troll dolls that had real wheat grass hair. This isn't wheat grass.
Speaker 2: Okay, what have you got now?
Speaker 1: Grounding sheets? Sorry?
Speaker 2: No, my brother wanted me to get him these for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Rounding sheets, Jason, hear me out.
Speaker 2: It's a new thing.
Speaker 3: It's a new thing, and I've never slept better. So what they are. They're sheets you put on your bed. And what they are they're intended to connect the sleeper to the Earth's natural electrical field.
Speaker 4: You know what you should do?
Speaker 1: Why don't you just sit at home and burn twenty dollar notes?
Speaker 2: Like no, my brother asked for some for Christmas, and I was like to expense.
Speaker 4: Hear me, hear me out.
Speaker 1: What they do.
Speaker 4: They pump a conductive material through the sheet, so you plu You plug them into a PowerPoint and it actually it grounds you by putting an electrical electoral electrical current through the sheet.
Speaker 2: Already, why don't you just go and sleep on the g So what.
Speaker 4: It does like exactly replicate sleep sleep on the ground. I can't sleep all wait hours at night in the park.
Speaker 2: Mean, but there's no electrical.
Speaker 5: There's no electrical currents in the ground.
Speaker 1: Do we think this is healthy? It feels yeah, No, it reduces inflammation.
Speaker 3: Studies have proven it reduces inflammation and helps you get a better night sleep. And can I tell you I've been sleeping like a baby.
Speaker 5: Have you have a sleep over at your house on the weekend when you're away and try it.
Speaker 3: So much so that I've had to order a second sheet is to take away with me when I sleep in Cindy.
Speaker 5: No, how much you are not traveling with a grounding sheet?
Speaker 4: How much with the grounding sheet?
Speaker 1: They're about two hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: You've gone, kookie. No, the ones I saw way more real.
Speaker 7: We've had this issue before with like the heated blankets. You gotta be careful.
Speaker 5: You don't if they've got electricity in them, you wash.
Speaker 4: Them because they've got a plug which you obviously removed before you put in there.
Speaker 2: If you putsh top sheet. Wait, is it a bottle top sheet?
Speaker 3: It's a fitted top sheet and straight on it.
Speaker 1: It's a fitted sheet.
Speaker 2: And then do you put a sheet over it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I just sleep nerde on it and let's to fry. Your boy.
Speaker 3: Is a fan? Back me up, Brodie? This is is? This is this fab?
Speaker 1: Or fab?
Speaker 4: Absolutely fab?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Why I've slept on it once? It was incredible.
Speaker 2: Where did you get where did you sleep on it once?
Speaker 1: A little tingle on you in Spain?
Speaker 2: Sp one night on a grounding sheet.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was just so happened to have it at the hotel and it is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 7: I don't think I'm very worried for you. I don't like the idea trick cables.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes you would, No, no, no, you know I just googled earthing sheet debunked and it says there is very little scientific evidence.
Speaker 7: You didn't want to You didn't want to google that before you paid turn the army enjoying it?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Do you reckon? It's a place?
Speaker 4: Ebo?
Speaker 2: Should we trick him? We'll give you two and you can see.
Speaker 7: How's it going to be when he when he takes a good and he takes the dourner off and we're just gonna lay down here and have a throwdown.
Speaker 5: He's got a fifteen power board next to his bed with his heated blanket, his electric blanket. He's ground in chakes, he's weighted blanket.
Speaker 1: Can't blog anything else.
Speaker 2: In He's a happy light to wake him up.
Speaker 1: About the white noise.
Speaker 5: Sexy Lawrence started morning the right way.
Speaker 1: Good morning. I hope you join you Wednesday. Thanks for joining us on your runder work. We got the paper win after seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Guys, we do.
Speaker 5: Cheesy's coming in. He's our resident friendly cop.
Speaker 1: He's like the cop.
Speaker 2: He's our resident friendly police officer.
Speaker 7: He's a good contact to have. Hey, like we ever got in trouble? Could you say no?
Speaker 4: I know, Cheesy, Superintendent Cheesy.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can do.
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 3: He's got big hands, massive hands, bigsive hands.
Speaker 4: When he comes in, you shake his hand, huge.
Speaker 2: Hey commands respect.
Speaker 1: Yes, out for a joy rad the copper plats of sign.
Speaker 2: He's seven.
Speaker 1: No, but I still get a thrill out of it. That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Your voice just went so hype.
Speaker 1: D Hey, Lauren, Yes, Jason, there's something that I'm going to tell you guys about next and oh my.
Speaker 2: God, am I going to flip this or am I going to love it?
Speaker 1: Is Gonnis send you and it's got to do with the dishwasher.
Speaker 7: Oh she's already been said.
Speaker 2: Were you impressed by the photo?
Speaker 5: I think she sent memulately stuck dishwasher?
Speaker 1: I've ever done talk about a photo got me going. I saw her in the wild dishwasher the other day.
Speaker 2: I was very particular.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's the one thing, the one thing and only thing Lauren and I agree on. So wait till you hear what I opened the drawer to yesterday. We will go there, Louise, we will go there next over. Good morning, Melbourne, Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Melbourne, Good morning Melbourne, Melbourne, Good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 4: It sounded like the controller.
Speaker 5: Stopping all stations.
Speaker 4: This is You's so easy to take the piss out of.
Speaker 5: Thank you, cartoon character.
Speaker 1: Your doing five thousand dollars. That's coming up.
Speaker 5: We're all in the mood today. If we make it to late o'clock, it'll bear Christmas miracle.
Speaker 7: Okay, here's the guy. There's an issue that you and I agree on, and that's a dishwasher. How it's stacked is very important also what goes in a dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm very particular.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what, I'm very particular about how my dishwasher is stacked. But I don't mind chucking the odd rogue thing in there.
Speaker 1: Well hold on to that.
Speaker 7: In fact, in fact, what I saw the other thirteen twenty four ten. What rogue thing have you put in a dishwasher?
Speaker 2: I saw Rachel Finch.
Speaker 5: You know, Rachel Finch missed Universe, Australia supermodel, wonder woman.
Speaker 7: Put one of her kids in there for not winning the athletics.
Speaker 3: No, no, run, we don't do thirty his household.
Speaker 5: She took her jewelry off and put like her diamond engagement ring and wedding ring.
Speaker 2: However, one of the prongs in the dishes. That's how she washes her jewelry.
Speaker 1: You're not going to handle this.
Speaker 2: That's danger zone, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yesterday I opened the dishwasher to unpack it. Now I get we are living in a cost of living behind.
Speaker 2: How many dishwashes do you have any house?
Speaker 1: How many dish one?
Speaker 2: How many of you got two?
Speaker 1: You got two dishwashers.
Speaker 5: I've got a dishwasher drawer and I've got a dishwasher, because how many I've got like a dishwasher drawer because it's just Paul and I and when it's just the two of us, we don't want to fill up a whole dishwasher and wait for a week to fill it up, so we just do that. And then when we've got like a dinner party, we use the big dishwash.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we're the same. We've got the waiting pool just for us. Then we've got the lap pool when everyone comes over.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't afford a pool, but you can.
Speaker 5: So that's why I thought you would have had multiple dishwashes back on track, right, actually do because it won't be you.
Speaker 1: I opened the dishrusher, and like I said, cost of living, cross.
Speaker 7: The same money where you can because he lives. But I don't think this is the place to say I don't worry.
Speaker 2: About because he lives with your mansion and you.
Speaker 7: Put I open the cutlery drawer and sitting there next to the knife and fork at the tops of the electric toothbrushes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't mind it. No, I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: No, you might as well put a disposable one in.
Speaker 1: There, Like, come on, I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: No, why not?
Speaker 7: Because it's just spun around in the water with the chicken teriarchy.
Speaker 5: From No no, no. Also there do you throw them out when when they're too warm?
Speaker 1: That's why you can take them off.
Speaker 5: No, no, it is time out and time for an intervention.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I don't I don't see the issue.
Speaker 2: Would you put it? It's no different.
Speaker 5: Would you put your toothbrush in the dishwasher when it needed to go?
Speaker 4: Sure you would.
Speaker 2: You're going to die. That's why you're single.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You can't put your cold gate toothbrush.
Speaker 3: A cold gate toothbrush that you buy from the supermarket is a bit different to the electric toothbrush head.
Speaker 2: No, it's just the top.
Speaker 7: The top comes so you can throw it away and replace the top.
Speaker 5: You don't throw away the handle. You keep the handle in the battery, and it's just the bristles.
Speaker 1: So I've never had one because i'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not, you know, I don't earn enough money to buy an elect toothbrush.
Speaker 5: I know what else he's got. He's got the water blaster. Instead of using floss, he uses a water blaster.
Speaker 1: Rich In fact, thank you.
Speaker 7: I opened it and I'm like, oh, this is going to send Lauren and I just closed the drawer.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Did she got food and stuff stuck in it?
Speaker 4: What did she say? How did she justify it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I haven't got the guts to bring it?
Speaker 2: This is this is Jesus.
Speaker 5: Process doesn't have the balls to talk to his wife, so he publicly vents about it on.
Speaker 2: The radio, and he thinks that's going to be a way better way to should be.
Speaker 1: A cold was a couple of weeks. Check out, lady or go. I heard about the toothbrushes. I don't mean you should do that.
Speaker 2: I'll give you some of these.
Speaker 1: Cattle help third e twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: That's unacceptable. I took the whole top of my niece's baby chair off and put it in.
Speaker 1: Though that's a good idea plastic lid.
Speaker 5: My sister in law was like wiping it down with spaghetti bolonnaise, and there was stuff everywhere, and I was like, toss it in the dishwasher drawer.
Speaker 1: Done. You know what I do?
Speaker 7: You know, the like on a gas stove, you know, the metal sort of things of the saucepan rather than scrubbing them.
Speaker 1: I chuck them straight in the dish washing.
Speaker 3: I don't think they'd fit in the guys are thrown everything in the dishwasher. But heaven forbid when your wife throws that.
Speaker 1: It's not things that are going in our mouth.
Speaker 4: Ah, live a little nah nah.
Speaker 1: I knew it'd send Lauren. I have just revealed what I found in a dish prussure.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 7: I opened the cutlery drawer and I found my wife has put the heads of the electric toothbrushes.
Speaker 1: Which I don't I don't mind.
Speaker 2: No, that's no. No, you wouldn't put a disposal.
Speaker 4: You'll put a spoon in your mouth. Do you put your toothbrush in your mouth?
Speaker 5: No? But once a tooth and once, I think once it's time to go in the in your mouth. I never said I never said anything about putting things in your mout easy.
Speaker 1: That was easy.
Speaker 2: I never said anything out.
Speaker 5: The thing is with the with the is that it's disposable. Do you put a disposable fork in the dishwasher?
Speaker 1: You can do if you want.
Speaker 2: Not the plastic, Yeah, but that's I think the bristles would.
Speaker 1: Make good point, isn't it? It was a great point. Thank you.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't put it just it's a disposable item. They're not made for discords, they're made for disposing of.
Speaker 2: But I also never said the man.
Speaker 1: Goes in your gub, Shelley.
Speaker 5: I never said about all Hello Clinton back, I just win.
Speaker 2: With me, fight with you.
Speaker 10: Put whatever you want you look, Yeah, I don't know if I want.
Speaker 5: To get out of the family.
Speaker 1: What do you What do you put in the dishwasher?
Speaker 10: I recently put my washing machine detergent draw through the dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did it give it a good cleaner?
Speaker 10: It won't perfectly. It just is you know the softener that it gets a bit skungy. But you'd have to displocate your wrist enough to get in and like really clean it properly.
Speaker 5: You have to do a little you know how you can put the dishwasher on a cleaning cycle to clean the dishwasher.
Speaker 2: You'd have to do that, otherwise you'd have laundry detergent in.
Speaker 1: All you you want to get that fake lemon thing that you put in.
Speaker 5: No lemon, fake lemon thing makes everything taste like lemon for like ten washes.
Speaker 1: You just get a dishwasher cleaner.
Speaker 2: Like a finished dish washer clean, But that makes everything taste like lemons. I think in.
Speaker 1: Green Vale morning, Hi here you going, what do you put the dishwasher?
Speaker 10: I put my range hood measures, so I take them off the range.
Speaker 2: That's a great washer.
Speaker 5: That'd be good, so good because the finish would break down all the oil.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you don't have to scrubbing it.
Speaker 1: Right, that's good, that's strong.
Speaker 2: Any cooking troment can go in there.
Speaker 7: Do we say nothing that belongs outside should go in there?
Speaker 2: People put their shoes and things in the dishwasher. They run it.
Speaker 11: Producer Brody, Yes, when I lived in a sharehouse, Jason supplies to you put your hat in there.
Speaker 2: They come out sparkling clean.
Speaker 4: They are amazing.
Speaker 1: That's why there's a washing machine.
Speaker 5: Did you know you can't put that in the washing machine? Perfect soggy, soggy.
Speaker 4: Peak dog boll can good, good, it's glad.
Speaker 1: We've got consensus. Eventually you'll put the dog bowl in your mouth.
Speaker 9: Jack?
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I don't put the dog bowl in my mouth about Jack?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Jack? Why do you put the dish washer cap in there? In the dish washer cap you okay? So and it comes out cleaner than a washing machine? Job or what?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And you have like a plastic cap formed.
Speaker 4: Saying that you sit your cap in and then you close it up, it won't go out of shape.
Speaker 2: Actually an accessory that you put your hanut in.
Speaker 1: I've seen this on the ground and then that way you don't get a floppy brim.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, what do you get on?
Speaker 2: Hey? What do I search for? Cap dishwasher shape keeper? What would I what's it called?
Speaker 12: Then you're linked?
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: You got a dizzy jack?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 2: I say, Jack?
Speaker 7: Can I ask an obvious question here? Why we're putting clothing in the dishwasher when we've got a washing machine?
Speaker 1: Because it doesn't keep its structural integrity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you get the plastic protector, you could put in the discs in the washing cap.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you've got.
Speaker 4: To get one of those guys there the key.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm on Amazon. I'm trying to find I don't know what it would be called.
Speaker 7: Cap shaper put in Jack from Dandy Nong's cap shaker Jack twenty.
Speaker 2: Five hat shape holder.
Speaker 7: I do see your point about the spoons. It's all a mouth chop.
Speaker 2: It's different to bristles.
Speaker 1: If you chuck it in your mouth.
Speaker 2: No, it goes in the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Jack, what do you reckon.
Speaker 2: Toothbrushes in the dishwasher? Yeah, your knee.
Speaker 13: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Joe, you on, Jase, you're awake, you're conflicted.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: We are Pram and the paper.
Speaker 7: Every couple of weeks we get in someone from the Victorian Police, and every couple of weeks we catch up with our friendly neighborhood policeman. It is super intended. Wayne, cheese man, Morning Cheese, Morning cheese.
Speaker 9: The morning. Everyone's great to be.
Speaker 2: You've been catching some baddies.
Speaker 12: It is non stop, Lauren. Oh really, it's non stop. Adding the North, we call it the crazy North, or I call it the Crazy North. It is non stop.
Speaker 5: Really, But you've been off with the man flu. Well, do you have to take some time on?
Speaker 12: I took one day off. I actually took a day off for the first time I reckon in twenty years.
Speaker 1: It was a harder.
Speaker 12: Being a voice has a bit funny, But I feel better.
Speaker 5: Did you get much sympathy at home, laur that's questions.
Speaker 9: No, there's no sympathy from the wife.
Speaker 2: Kids, they're not good at giving place.
Speaker 7: You're better off just having a sleep in the back of the paddy wagon and then going home.
Speaker 9: Probably better to go to work somewhere.
Speaker 2: How is the crime going around Melbourne?
Speaker 12: Look, crime is up, I've said that before. Crime is up. We are, but we are arresting more people than ever. But the demand for police and and to deal with crime is through the roof.
Speaker 7: Now here's my issue, right, because you guys are working around the clock. I just think there is way too much paperwork out crops are stuck with. You brought up on the show the other day that if our wheelly bing goes missing, all right, or there was there was footage of a garbage truck the robotic arm picked up the wheely bin.
Speaker 1: The wheely bin fell in the truck and they kept driving.
Speaker 5: You were telling a rubbish bin I had to go to the police station to get it. Stack take from a police like as if you could be bothered dealing with that.
Speaker 12: So we have dozens of people at the counters every day. Where's that deck signed? So it takes up our time. The counters can be you know, ten deep, and I have two constables on the counter and it's ten deep all day every day.
Speaker 4: We need a stash deck shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pharmacists do it or something.
Speaker 12: So there are people that can do there. Pharmacist so often we get a bole justice and who consider an the counter. They can help with some of the demand.
Speaker 5: It just felt strange to me going to the pharmacy saying my bin's gone.
Speaker 9: Miss.
Speaker 1: Cheese.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a really really important week, this one. It is road safety Week, and I dare say, as a police officer, you have seen some notorious things on our roads.
Speaker 12: Unfortunately, most police go to some horrific accident scenes and you can imagine, you know, the human versus the metal of a car often doesn't go well. So you see some really traumatic things. But what's an important message here for me around road safety is the broader impact a nasty or a fadal accident can have. So you obviously have people that make errors and errors of judgment around speeding or distracted driving, and suddenly their life is turned upside down. There's also the life of their families. Suddenly they might have a son or a daughter going into jail. But then you have the victim side, and you know, as terrific and the impact, and it's a life changing impact really. So you know, we had last year I think around the country there was twelve hundred deaths on the road, So twelve hundred if you think about that, there was connected to it, and there was forty thousand serious injuries. And there are things. You know, we harp on as police about the message of concentrating on the road and sticking to the speed limit and not using your phone. But I drive home from Falkland every day and it's about a forty minute drive. People are speeding, people on the phone for some reason. The message just not get through. But all I say to those people is the impact and the split second life changing moment. The impact that can have on you and your loved ones is life changing.
Speaker 7: Say, if you're heading home right, you're in the traffic, you're in your normal car. I can see you in like a little Master too or something, and you see someone at the lights and they're fully on their phone, clear as day.
Speaker 1: Can you, even.
Speaker 7: Though you're off duty, tap on the window time to pull over and book them.
Speaker 12: So once you're sworn in in the academy, you are you are you have those powers twenty four to seven. Yeah, there's no honor off Judy right. The decision you have to make is if it goes wrong. I have no radio, no no firearm, I have no equipment. So often often what I would do is I might show the police sign that I put on the dash for parking. I might show it out the window and just say, you know, put the phone down. Yeah, And generally there's compliance because suddenly they break out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have a fright every time I see a police car. I thank God, what am I doing wrong?
Speaker 2: I panic?
Speaker 5: I get really like, okay, am I I'm right? When I see police cars on the road. I know people flash their headlights whatever, but actually is a good reminder absolutely make sure like are you speeding? Are you doing anything wrong? Because it is easy to all of a sudden go, oh my god, I'm in a forty zone.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, it is easy to do.
Speaker 12: So that's why we ask people to concentrate, but it is very easy to do.
Speaker 7: Just quickly back on the parking sign. Can you just check the he was saying, he chucks the police sign on the dashboard when he wants to park, Can you just if you check that little police sign on the dashboard.
Speaker 9: So if I'm working in my official capacity of course, of.
Speaker 2: Course, yes, right, yeah, you can't get a passily.
Speaker 12: We don't go in the disabled sign. But if I need a park appointment Chadston Christmas Eve, we'd come in here.
Speaker 4: Because you don't want to get in trouble with the with the new boss and.
Speaker 1: You've got oh you got a new boss.
Speaker 7: Hey, can you hold that thought? Because I have questions about the new top cop that's going to be running Victoria Police. Stay with us. Cheesey's on the air this morning. Can we come make a chat about it next? Of course, every couple of weeks we get the Victorian Police in and we love this man. He's our resident friendly cop. Cheesy is with us this morning. Hey, you've got a new boss coming. We've got a new top cop here in Victoria. Have you met him yet?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 12: I haven't met him, but I was impressed with his press conference.
Speaker 1: Mike Bush is his name.
Speaker 12: He's a key, he's got a wealth of experience. I really look forward to having him with Victoria Police. We will all get around him. We'll see what direction he wants to send the force in and what he'll set the direction, and we'll look scary you're a superintendent.
Speaker 2: What is Mike Bush?
Speaker 9: So he's the chief commissioner.
Speaker 5: Chief Commissioner, Mike Bush is the number one we're addressing sore.
Speaker 1: Where are we? How far are you off top job?
Speaker 3: So you got your chief com You've got your commissioner, you got your chief superintendent.
Speaker 9: No, so I'm a bit of a way down.
Speaker 1: So above me doing hunger games?
Speaker 4: How long have we got to go until you're the the commander.
Speaker 9: The way Victoria please has gone through?
Speaker 2: Who else is above you?
Speaker 12: These commanders within the organization, Then you are assistant commissioners, and a couple of deputy commissioners, and then the and then you and then brother, I'm too old.
Speaker 2: He's the constable. Six they below you.
Speaker 9: So they begin its constables.
Speaker 12: Everyone starts as the constable, senior constable, sergeant, senior sergeant, inspector, superintendent, long far off, yeah.
Speaker 9: A long tree.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're like seven from the bottom. He made that sound like you were.
Speaker 1: Right on the bottom, little badges on his arm.
Speaker 2: About five from the top, six from the top.
Speaker 9: Still long way. I'm happy. I'm happy.
Speaker 12: I don't know how I got you to superintendent, really, but I'm happy.
Speaker 7: Is there any I mean, obviously pays and stuff change, but is there any extra little benefits the higher you climb in.
Speaker 12: The forces, those those lurks and per days finished off.
Speaker 9: It's a salary based ranks struck. So you get what you get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all about the honor of serving the people at Victoria, he said, the new statement.
Speaker 1: You get what you get, don't get upset.
Speaker 2: The new boss is from New Zealand.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so he was the chief commissioner over in New Years. She's retired and from the news report, he was headhunted to interview and obviously he impressed the selection panel and he's got the job.
Speaker 2: I saw, remember the news Beautiful New Zealand.
Speaker 7: Is on the news the other night. He seemed stern serious. I was about to say scary, but Stern's a good way of putting it. Put it this way. I don't think he's going to muck around.
Speaker 12: No, no, So he came across as a as a very serious, smart, strong leader, and I think that's exactly where what we need at the moment.
Speaker 2: It's a big job, isn't it.
Speaker 12: It's a huge job there are you know, they're like, I guess it's like any any corporation. You're the head. There's lots of shoes down within. But you know it's well known. We've got our crime issues. We've got our I guess how morale issues. But I think he's you know, I thank him for putting his hand up and taking it on.
Speaker 2: You've got faith he's going to sort out the crime in this state.
Speaker 9: I have one hundred faith.
Speaker 12: And then as long as we all get behind him, which I will and I'm sure others will. You know, we're a bigger organization and we can have impact if we all work together.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're like us?
Speaker 1: Do you think you're get him? Should we pick him up from the airport?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You're with a sign? We'll park and go in here. Well you want to come to Jesus?
Speaker 12: Well, he spoke about being visible and the important of that with leadership, So what better way to reach the audience and the community.
Speaker 5: So you've got were you putting in a good word for us? I will always cheesy cheesy? What are you going to tell him about us?
Speaker 12: I'm going to tell him that you you three are the premier number one radio show across the country and he needs to get on board.
Speaker 2: Good. I you that's the messaging. We'd like cheese.
Speaker 1: Now, let's park that messaging because I have a question before we let you go.
Speaker 3: We go. He's got beef with someone.
Speaker 2: Comes straight from mensa. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I don't have beef with anyone. I just want to know cheesy Just so?
Speaker 5: Do you get to push in the line and drive through? Do you get free McDonald's if you show your badge?
Speaker 9: You don't?
Speaker 2: What other questions is?
Speaker 7: It is National Road Safety Week and we should all be slowing down and watching what we're doing on the roads. And you mentioned earlier seeing police cars out there or just reminders of what people need.
Speaker 1: Could hypothetical.
Speaker 5: If you were doing so well? I do you really want to ask a stupid question?
Speaker 7: If I saw a highway patrol radar set up the other day and hypothetically flash my lights to oncoming cars, therefore slowing them down, can I be fine for that?
Speaker 12: It's a really it's a vexed answer. It's a gray area. So you flash the light, you are slowing people down, so you're having impact.
Speaker 2: We should just go around flashing lights and.
Speaker 12: Be charged with hindering the duties of police. But I think that's a rarity these days. Yeah, I think you are available to be charged. But people do it all the time, so for me, it's for me, it's quite a good thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's better for people to slow down then to get a fine and keep speeding, to be honest, because you don't even realize when you've gone past it.
Speaker 7: Sometimes someone did it to me and it was just a reminder to go and I was actually going to spend them, but I was like, oh, I haven't even looked down at speak.
Speaker 3: So just to be sure, it's discretionary. All things are discretionary, So lock.
Speaker 1: Him up, put him away like it was a hypothetical.
Speaker 7: Superintendent way cheesemin cheesy in the house of this this morning.
Speaker 9: Good to see mate, No, really, good to see you three as well.
Speaker 8: Thank you on the question question five thousand dollars Lawrence five thousand dollars questions.
Speaker 7: Do it good Man of Melbourne every day just after o'clock will give you.
Speaker 1: A chance to win five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Question Let's go to Q East today. Sarah, good morning, good morning, how are you well?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 5: I believe you want to have a crack for five hundred dollars today, which is our medium.
Speaker 6: Question yes, that's right.
Speaker 7: Also, I understand you got a couple of little Pie supporters.
Speaker 1: In the house. How old are the kids?
Speaker 10: Actually, one's Melbourne on, one's calling life. So I didn't get the boy over the line for calling.
Speaker 1: Over, I got the girl over.
Speaker 2: That's all right. You win some, you lose some.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 7: When do you decide who they're barracking for? Isn't it, Norman? An argument when they're a baby?
Speaker 6: And yeh, I know that.
Speaker 10: Well, if it was going to be a girl, it was in. It was likewhile ury in the woomb.
Speaker 3: Usually a debate in a lot of someone wins the premiership, it helps.
Speaker 5: Yes, So my beautiful little Niche she has one downfall and that is that she breaks for Collingwood because she was born in near Collingwood. All right, Sarah, let's try and win you some cash today. We've got a five hundred dollars question lined up for you. You'll hear three to one countdown. You have to answer before that time runs out.
Speaker 1: Good luck, this is gettable.
Speaker 7: It is all thanks to il Janna Victoria, meet your new charcoal obsession.
Speaker 1: Il Janna.
Speaker 7: They've got now I got thirteen stores and it's a miasing chicken. All right, are you ready to go for five hundred dollars? Got to answer within the three seconds?
Speaker 13: What is the primary diet of a panda?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 9: You got it?
Speaker 7: Thanks guy, And you know what, I'm going to check out one hundred and fifty bucks to El John and Chicken as well.
Speaker 1: It's the best you can get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A bit there you go so much?
Speaker 12: Go par right?
Speaker 2: Well that is my father.
Speaker 5: My father would go to an early grave if you heard me say that.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the money.
Speaker 5: Okay, you guys know I'm not good with car stuff and I'm having a run of sad luck with my car.
Speaker 7: Don't you start on the no, no, no, no, I'm not going to rip into the test.
Speaker 1: But you know what I tried to share clip the other day.
Speaker 7: What did I show you only worked out recently that when you get out of your car, so as I'm walking over your just like I think some European cars, I was walking away from mind and I'm like, oh, the windows down. I got to go back, put the ignition on, put the window up. And one of our producers, jud said, no, no, no, just hold your finger on the lock button on the key ring and just keep holding it and then all of a sudden, all the windows in the car you showed me.
Speaker 2: This, I've never seen that, and the sun.
Speaker 7: Riff closed everything. So I got clipped to try it on his car. Yeah it didn't work.
Speaker 2: I didn't work for you.
Speaker 1: He had to get back in done. Like this happens with all the European What are you driving?
Speaker 2: Audi?
Speaker 1: What cars? Does it work? Starts your V up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, WX and yv W.
Speaker 13: I think it's just it should work on most modern cars.
Speaker 4: I don't have a list on me, not.
Speaker 1: Mine, not mine.
Speaker 2: I'll try.
Speaker 5: I was so angry in fact, I've got to take my car, the Defender. Yes, I've got to take it to Clayton South today because I got a rock on the windscreen and I called oh oh, and I was like, hey, guys, can you have seen the age?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get it, guys, you can pop out here and.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, if it's bigger than a ten cent piece or a twenty cent piece or something, you've got to take it.
Speaker 1: In the magic gel on it.
Speaker 2: To be.
Speaker 5: So like it's fully cracked.
Speaker 2: No, Brian, that's what they said.
Speaker 5: So I've got to take it out to Clayton's Outh for like four hours.
Speaker 1: Hours to READO a windscreen.
Speaker 2: You have to replace the whole thing.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do while you're in Clayton's out drink and sit in a little waiting room.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So I've got to do that today.
Speaker 5: But then I'm driving to work and how urgent do you think this is? It popped up on my So I took the Tesla.
Speaker 3: I'm not good with the notifications on the screen. I's saying I've got to get a service.
Speaker 2: Well, you should get a service.
Speaker 1: Mine says one of the wheels is flat.
Speaker 5: Well that's what I was going to say, right, So I drove the Tesla this morning. It says, pull over like a big man. Look, pull over safely. Air pressure is very low.
Speaker 2: Check for flast.
Speaker 1: You kicked them?
Speaker 2: Well they looked okay to me.
Speaker 1: What did you kick them? What do you mean you kick the tie? You'd be able to feel if it's so.
Speaker 2: Can someone go and check it?
Speaker 1: Go and kick them for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they all look fine.
Speaker 1: Questions did you pull the ruined?
Speaker 2: Have you seen hard driving to the copper?
Speaker 1: Clint don't like. I almost cried the other day looking at my rooms as well. Have you scratched your.
Speaker 5: Does that mean both my cars are going to be out? The windscreen and the.
Speaker 2: Can you pump up tad.
Speaker 1: On one side? Just on the left side. I know a bloke, the rim guy. What did he do? Do a rim job? That's all he does?
Speaker 2: Careful what you call?
Speaker 1: No, that's all he does jobs?
Speaker 2: What does he do? Fix them?
Speaker 1: Just rim jobs? Comes around, fixes the room at home, ram job or you can come to work if you can't wait.
Speaker 4: Really, that's service when a smile, that really is.
Speaker 5: If you've got If you've got a flat tire, you need a rim job.
Speaker 2: Do I need a new tire? I definitely need four rim jobs? My mind? My rooms are no good.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the is the issue because you bought the long car. They don't have a spare what they don't do rim jobs on the spare times?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it says they're all flat. Do you think it's someone's slushed?
Speaker 1: Someone slashed its?
Speaker 2: Can someone check for me?
Speaker 5: Pop?
Speaker 1: Or after the eloon cars?
Speaker 2: Can someone go and check my car? You have flat tires and you needed him job under windscreen?
Speaker 1: Miami, you got a big day head. Are we talking about your and new addiction? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so. I mean it's been it's been building for weeks.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got sucked in. I'm not gonna lie I did. I got sucked into an episode the other day. And how do you want to know what? Tell everyone what you're talking about for Okay.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the Floor, which is the new Roger Curser host.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't like what they're dressing him in though, I'm just not sure if his wardrobe choices.
Speaker 2: We're hosting the Floor.
Speaker 1: Does he look like he's walked out of rud and Gun?
Speaker 2: No, but I think he should look like he's walking right.
Speaker 1: So it's basically a big grid.
Speaker 4: It's a big grid where every mine sweeper.
Speaker 5: It is when the bomb goes off and it clears the squares around you. Remember that game? No, ye you played Mind Sweeper?
Speaker 1: No? I was a SIMS guy.
Speaker 2: No No, this was before the SIMS.
Speaker 5: Everyone's Solitaire and Mind Sweep were the only two games that came on you Home PC.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Worms, did you the game Snake?
Speaker 2: That's called Snake? Not Worms?
Speaker 7: It's called Snake where they have to kill each other you send bombs over and what's battleship?
Speaker 1: Isn't it anyway?
Speaker 2: Worms?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: One's going I have.
Speaker 3: Effectively, it's effectively word tennis, basically the game of word tennis, So you effectively rea you're given a subject matter and you are going against your opponent.
Speaker 5: So the one I got sucked into, to give you an example, was drinks. And I knew drinks, soft drinks. Well, it was like people white wine, red one. But on the show, a picture comes up and you've got to say what it is, So.
Speaker 1: You can't just come up with one. No, it's on the show.
Speaker 5: You've got to guess, and if you pass or get it wrong, then you get a three second time time penalty, and whoever's got the most time left wins. But I knew every cocktail, and I thought christ for problem.
Speaker 2: I knew every single one of the cocktails.
Speaker 1: How's the floor come into play?
Speaker 2: Well, if I'm playing you, then I eat your square.
Speaker 4: Y you take over the square.
Speaker 1: It was like Ellen, where they'd fall through the floor.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's not like that. So you basically end up whoever's got the category a favorite category missed the price.
Speaker 2: They choose their own category. So mine might be cocktails cocktails, and yours might be yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: So I thought we might play today, and I'm going to be Roger Corse because the tall handsome one.
Speaker 2: Are we getting pictures or are we just getting it's radio?
Speaker 1: Thanks to we will be speaking to the key of game shows. He'll always be the king of game.
Speaker 4: Shows to me.
Speaker 1: Larry Mda joining.
Speaker 2: Us after Hot Larry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, you're ready, yep, so we go until someone stuffs up. Okay, your first topic is and we're starting with you, Jace Things even.
Speaker 1: Even introduced the contestants asked us about We've.
Speaker 3: Got Jace Hawks otherwise known as hawk forty three years of age from where.
Speaker 4: Bentley Bentley East?
Speaker 3: Who'm up against Lauren Phillips otherwise known as missus Mangles.
Speaker 1: I'm not anyway, Let's skip that.
Speaker 3: Okay, your first topic starting with Jace Things on a young charcut, sesame.
Speaker 2: Toast, Shane hih pork dumplings, shime i dumpling, peking duck, vegetarian spring rock, salt pepper, spicy squid, chicken spring, wrong chicken, corn soup, chicken feet, chicken. You don't just get chicken feet on you.
Speaker 1: That was the time.
Speaker 4: That was time.
Speaker 1: That's my area was so disappointed.
Speaker 4: You've just eaten if you're seeing Laurence Square.
Speaker 2: All right, go again.
Speaker 4: Okay on the one, let's get for footy players Nick.
Speaker 6: Watson, Harry Christian Petraka, Bason Cox, Nick Duffy.
Speaker 2: Is it currents or the past players? Are they also included.
Speaker 4: Duffy?
Speaker 5: Was eat we including or is it on the car? Okay, it's current players. Have to start again.
Speaker 1: You need to drop through the floor, drop her through the.
Speaker 4: Actually, no, that's too nil, No, No, we've gotta get carried.
Speaker 2: An Instagram DM.
Speaker 5: Now he's got a ball drop or something. Now he played for Richmond.
Speaker 1: Slid in your DMS.
Speaker 2: Not many people? All right, here we go one more.
Speaker 4: The The topic is car brands.
Speaker 2: Forward, Lamborghini, Masca, Mercedes.
Speaker 6: This is saying a lot BMW, McLaren, Tesla, b y D, Mac Truck, Cherry, Chevrolet, ram it.
Speaker 9: Hold drop her through the four.
Speaker 13: You're real bad.
Speaker 2: You do have to have a turn.
Speaker 7: She'd be more of a supermarket sweep into the show.
Speaker 4: Go straight for the vitamins.
Speaker 1: We are joined by a very special guest.
Speaker 4: Our next guest is a legend of the screen and winner of the prestigious God Login.
Speaker 11: I'm so convinced I wasn't going to win this that I said. If I did win it, I would have all the nominees initials had it on my ass Live tomorrow morning. Well, he's busy hosting many shows on TV these days.
Speaker 3: Gilds a special place in our hearts for hosting.
Speaker 1: Larry.
Speaker 5: Good morning, It's so nice to see you.
Speaker 13: Great to see you, guys, lads?
Speaker 1: How many years ago.
Speaker 2: Anyone call you that?
Speaker 4: On lads and chase terms.
Speaker 13: We're getting close?
Speaker 11: I wouldn't have said were they're like just yet one Lazza and then eased into lads slowly.
Speaker 2: But people call you Lazzer.
Speaker 13: Yeah, sometimes they do it.
Speaker 2: Do you like it?
Speaker 13: I don't mind it.
Speaker 11: It's better than things kindly calls me a work call you, I can't say.
Speaker 2: Do you have a nickname other than Lazzer?
Speaker 13: No, that'll do it. I reckon Larry.
Speaker 7: Saying mister have some respect.
Speaker 2: Isn't Australian icon.
Speaker 1: How long ago did you grace the pages of Men's Health ten years ago?
Speaker 13: Years, or as my wife says, ten klas ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well this is my question because Clinton it would have been ten months ago. Yeah, I would say Larry is still in prime form. Yeah, he probably is too slipped up a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, Larry.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, it goes way quick, but.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was. It was for my fiftieth. It was on my fiftieth and I've just turned sixty, So look younger.
Speaker 2: Than you do.
Speaker 1: You do how much? Lauren?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 9: How much? Jimmy?
Speaker 13: You're doing every morning?
Speaker 11: For up at four o'clock every morning you're pushing waits, a bit of wait its, bit a cardio, bit of then go and have a bacon egg roll and a chocolate milk.
Speaker 2: Do you actually four o'clock every morning? Larry?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what time do you go to bed?
Speaker 11: Four forty five? I was gonna go to bed with you, but that sounds so weird. We're early, like, you know, thirty nine o'clock something like that.
Speaker 1: So hang on, let me get this right.
Speaker 7: Because you're on the morning show with Kylie so nine the show starts when ours ends.
Speaker 2: Es still get up before for us?
Speaker 7: Hey, let's talk the Chase Australia five pm on seven and seventh plus.
Speaker 1: You are the game show king to us. He's still enjoying it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, don't let Grant Daniel hear you say that. He thinks he's the king. He does this whole I'm the king.
Speaker 1: Thing more of a year's car salesman.
Speaker 2: Feel between game show hosts.
Speaker 11: I would slap that man so hard, so hard. I just walk up to him and whack him fair enough. Yeah, like whack them mole. You know when you see the whack a MOLTI yeah, no, No, we're all mates. I think that's the key. You think that's the key. We're all good mates.
Speaker 7: Do you get to kick out it because we do on this show. When you get to give good people money.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's why I love it. That's why for forty years I've loved this thing, the game show stuff. Back to the Prices Right days and the main event days, standing next to someone who is winning something potentially to change their life, which just an ordinary person so far into this bizarre situation that can potentially change things for them.
Speaker 13: Love that moment, well, I really do.
Speaker 3: At twenty two Bendigo Street, Richmond, when I was a young fellow, young seventeen year old working in the news or am, I used to creep down to Studio nine to watch Larry in action on Prices.
Speaker 4: It was the highlight.
Speaker 11: Can I propose that, as a twenty two year old young man that you didn't come down to see me. You came down to see the bikini models.
Speaker 1: I don't want to and the show.
Speaker 5: We don't have that anymore on game shows. That's what we're missing presenting the caravan.
Speaker 4: What was your favorite prices right? Gameling guy, I still when they walk past.
Speaker 5: With the cost of living right now and how expensive everything is, the price is right.
Speaker 2: Could come back, you know, one.
Speaker 11: Hundred percent, I agree with you. And when we finished back on Channel nine, we will give it. The showcases were like six hundred and seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: It was always a jet ski and.
Speaker 2: A and you got a spar there's a spar.
Speaker 11: And then there was always a terracotta bird bath that no one ever wanted. No one collected the terracotta bird bath from the prize warehouse.
Speaker 5: But it seems so easy to win back then the game shows where the chase is hot.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't just get any like Larry off the Street to play. You've got to be really smart.
Speaker 11: No, Well, people come in, people watch it at home, they've had a glass of wine with dinner. They have to stay awake, Lauren, Are they just awake after four forty five? But if they're there, they're having dinner, they have a glass of wine.
Speaker 13: They go, oh, I can do that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, or those people are stupid because they're not getting it, so they'll they'll come in and have a go. And it's really funny, like people come in and there super you can tell they're super super bright, but they they collapse under the lights and the cameras and everything.
Speaker 13: They miss the mark.
Speaker 11: And then there are other people who come in and go, I'm just here to have fun and I don't care what happens, and they do really really well because they're relaxed.
Speaker 13: It's very strange.
Speaker 2: What can what time do you film?
Speaker 5: Do you let them have a glass of wine before they come in to get another Dutch hurrying?
Speaker 11: No, the only wine on set is in my change room. Yeah right, that's my rider.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine thousand bucks you gave away to it.
Speaker 11: In twenty nine thousand, and then there was ninety one thousand earlier this week, so there's some big money around with this mega money.
Speaker 5: All right, who's the grumpiest out of the chases because they seem like a pack like they.
Speaker 4: Would not see and then he went lost all the weight.
Speaker 11: Oh the beast, Yeah, the beast I said, I can't call you the beast anymore.
Speaker 1: You're just skinny.
Speaker 11: Yeah. No, they're all nice people. I've got to say that they are. They are, and they actually do really care about that. They're torn because they care about the contestants. You can see that. But they also want to win.
Speaker 5: But do they crack it when they lose? Because they think that, like they are, they're meant to be the smartest people in the world, right.
Speaker 11: I think they like all of us. Would they get upset when they miss something that they should know? Yeah, so when something happens and it's happened on TV now and people can see it that they should have got that the answer was red and they said blue, And now that's a moment from them that they don't they'd rather forget.
Speaker 5: I think they ever throw it because they're a lot this person I'm going to yeah.
Speaker 2: Surely, I don't think so.
Speaker 13: I'm contractually obligated to say.
Speaker 7: We are on the air with a gold LOGGI winner Golde mister Larry MDA this morning. Larry is King of the Game Shows. Can you give our audience on what's the best way to be selected in a studio audience to be the most be the person dragged up on a game show or when throwing out applications and stuff.
Speaker 11: Well on, you know, for the chase, they're going to do a little test with you via zoom and you're going to get some questions and answers. But back in the day of the Price is Right, this is one of my funniest, my favorite things. People would come in at ten o'clock in the morning, would film at six or seven o'clock at night, and as they're filtering through, the producers would ask them, you know, something quirky, and they realized that they had to say something really bizarre to get called that would help them get called down. But between ten o'clock in the morning and telling this lie and seven o'clock at night in filming, I'm like, so, Mary, you sailed single handedly around the globe twice and she looked at me, go whatn I didn't? People forget rap stories they tell to get called on down.
Speaker 1: So just remember.
Speaker 13: Remember the lie that you're told.
Speaker 7: Well look the Chace Australia. It's on weekdays five pm on seven and seven plus. Larry, We love you, work mate, you are working on the show anytime.
Speaker 13: So good to see you guys, thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: Jason, Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials show.