Speaker 1: Good morning, Melvina.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 3: Gonna be great.
Speaker 4: Good day.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: No, you're one hundred.
Speaker 5: Well half FDA for Friday and Milne.
Speaker 2: Because let's be honest. You take your foot off the gas a little bit on a Friday.
Speaker 5: I take it off on Thursday. Oh that Wednesday for me?
Speaker 2: True or false, Lozzie, someone was sleeping. I did.
Speaker 5: But it's really weird because like, normally I wake up, my alarm goes off at four thirty, and this morning I rolled over and it was five point fifteen and there was no alarm, and I was like, yeah, but I looked at my iPhone, all fine, and it said alarm four thirty and it was on, so it was set. I think I must have just done it in my sleep, turned it off, Like.
Speaker 2: Can we get stage jobs on the phone.
Speaker 5: Anyway. I wear an aura, which lots of people are wearing now, and it tracks your sleep, and it tracks you this and that and everything else. I just use it for my sleep and that normally tells me when I wake up. So it said I didn't even wake up when the alarm went off. Anyway, I'm here, but I did wake up at about five seventeen, and I was like, oh, this is a very quick shower. U dress and like leaving it.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, it past five traffic.
Speaker 5: Leaving at five point thirty five traffic.
Speaker 2: Everybody, I know you're going to hate this. This a bloke's opinion. You look the same as you do when you get up an hour earlier. Well you look great, but you look the same.
Speaker 5: Well I didn't actually get ready any faster. I just got here later. But thanks, I actually look pretty ordinary in here most mornings.
Speaker 2: So nice little evening. The missus went out to the movies.
Speaker 5: So movies on Thursday. What did she say? I'm into the movie.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Just yeah, they've done in the cinemas now they've ripped out the first few rows and they put in raklanas like gold class. Oh yeah, so it's basically cheaper gold class. You just can't get wedges in the front.
Speaker 5: You want to the back, backs where it's out.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you just down the front.
Speaker 5: I saw Matt Damon's movie premiered in New York overnight, The Instigators. He wants to carpet with Lucy, his wife, and his four gorgeous daughters. One of his daughters actually worked on the film as well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, Madie Damon Maddie DayMen is joining us on the show for like half an hour come Tuesday, boys, so make sure you join us Tuesday morning for Matt Damon.
Speaker 5: Can't wait to catch up with him. He has many a story. We just were engraced together on their summer holidays and.
Speaker 2: Quite well, would he like it if? I'm like, holy shit, it's Jason Bourne.
Speaker 5: Probably, I don't know. I've never said it to him, but I'm I'm sure he's heard it before. Yeah, yeah, I think you'd be the first person. Actually, I have an amazing story about about one of the Bourne movies and somewhere Matt and I win in Greece that basically brought him to tears. I'll tell you what it is next week when he joins us. I'm excited to have him on the show.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the Born movies? All of them?
Speaker 5: Two of them?
Speaker 2: How many are they?
Speaker 5: We're never glue? I watched the one.
Speaker 2: Here we Go, Here we Go? Yep, lady at Blockbuster about to give a review? You watch which one?
Speaker 5: No? No? Who was fighting us? It was like boxing was when he moved to Thailand or something and became a boxer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, number two. He I was watching Shark Tank last night with my eight year old. He has started a business. We got his website last night.
Speaker 5: What and I'm assuming this is honey? What has my friend? Honey?
Speaker 2: I've said a honey when he but you know what?
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 2: Good? Great, it's great. I said to him, if you're going to do this, I will. I will buy your website and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you'll own it so you'll get the win the makings.
Speaker 2: I've also committed that when the business gets up and running, that you would do an interview with him about his.
Speaker 5: Business on the radio show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Free advertising. Did I get the advertising team to send him a rate car?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, we weren't going to pay for it. We're looking for a free I don't want to reveal it.
Speaker 5: Did he invent it?
Speaker 2: No? No, he's just doing the old China job you know where he imports it.
Speaker 5: Label to make the cash with no responsibility. Yeah, bro, that's where it's at.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up today, we are going to be caning.
Speaker 5: I find out what the website is called. What does that give it away. It gives it away just a little him.
Speaker 2: He's hot dogs. It's not food. You don't want to go down the food route.
Speaker 5: I was thinking that this morning. I was driving here and I was driving behind it, nice and fresh chicken truck or something, his chickens, and I was like, I don't know if I'd want to go into food manufacturing. One thing goes wrong with that temperature in that chicken truck and lots of people are sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't want to be responsible for it. Naw. Hey, we're going to be crossing to Patty today. Clint is over there, big morning. The final of the women's relay is coming up very.
Speaker 5: Like so soon that in fact, one's about to get on the blox.
Speaker 2: We need to get to the song so we can watch. Watch right now, it's across the paddy Hello, good morning, Good morning, Lauren.
Speaker 6: What great timing as well, because there is gold, gold, gold for Australia.
Speaker 5: How good is it?
Speaker 3: What just happened?
Speaker 6: Flint did well in the four by two hundred meter freestyle relay at the pool. Our girl came out on top, by the way, smashed it. How well are our female athletes doing at the game, honestly playing it.
Speaker 5: If it wasn't for the Chicks of Australia, we would not be this high.
Speaker 2: It's you're holding. That's a big cause.
Speaker 5: I think New Zealand is still swimming in that relay currently actually finished seven minutes ago. It's still going.
Speaker 6: I reckon they should probably build a statue of Kitmas because she swam the anchor egg and she swam it's brilliantly pulling away. They almost got there in world record time. But what a fantastic meets her two goals and a silver now and also a really lovely story in Lannie Palliser who was in the fifteen hundred meters that had to pull out because of COVID. She swam in is reelay and now she has a gold medals back.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think she missed Tokyo because of a COVID issue as well. I think, yeah, yeah, good on her. She's got a gold medal at Aussie Girls. And I was watching yesterday Clint at home on the couch, sobbing yet again, watching the watching the Walk, the Walk, the twenty k Walk, and an Australian got a bronze and she went to the same school as me. Shout out Wesley College she represents.
Speaker 6: Did she sing the Wesley song on the codium?
Speaker 5: I assume? So you know the collegian's Instagram page is going on.
Speaker 2: Hang on, that's a sport. I could compete it. I love walking.
Speaker 5: No, you should see you've like basically got dislocate your hips every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. I remember someone getting carded at the Sydney two thousand ones.
Speaker 6: Speaking of the walk, there's a gentleman sitting just opposite. We're having a team meeting at a French restaurant because the athletics starts tomorrow, so we're plotting and planning, and the frenchman leaned over and said, he gives me who are cheering for the girls? Do you know the Cat and Kell?
Speaker 3: And I'm like.
Speaker 7: Guracious at day night?
Speaker 6: Do I watch I shop at Fountain Lake.
Speaker 5: Well, Kath and Kim have made it all the way to Paris.
Speaker 6: Speaking specifically, said Katherine Kel.
Speaker 5: That's so good, Kim, so you Kimmy.
Speaker 2: Gina Reinhart was hanging out with Dawn Fraser in the stands at.
Speaker 5: The Swim when she sponsors the Australian Swim.
Speaker 6: Team hit the truckload of cash in Hey guys, the other big highlight today for me. Now I'm going to make a radical statement. This is one of the greatest things I seen live Simone Bile.
Speaker 5: I've been talking about.
Speaker 6: It, artistic, all around gymnastics.
Speaker 5: Isn't she the most extraordinary human.
Speaker 6: Well human athlete, all of the above. And she came into the big Stone media area where I tried to get a scoop an interview and I got congratulations to austrain Simone out of the goldfield. Is it satisfying? And she got to thank you, thank you. It was a really hard hitting exclusive that one. She went straight for the US Today Show and hoe of the hosts of the US Today Show. But she had this beautiful, big smile on her face. And I tell you, outside of Melbourne winning the flag in twenty one, this is the coolest thing I've seen. Well, I didn't actually see Melbourne win live, so probably the best thing I've seen.
Speaker 5: Did the crowd go absolutely bananas because she's bought. She's been the drawer card for all the big Celems in Paris as well. Like Snoop Dogg's been watching her Tom cruise. Nicole kidman are.
Speaker 6: It's an unreal story because you recall in Tokyo she actually quit the COMPLI the twisties, the twisties where the body doesn't sort of align with what the brain is thinking. And it's quite surreal and amazing story.
Speaker 5: I just watched the documentary two weeks ago. It's really good. She's been through a lot and she came back. Now Jason's in love with one of the gymnasts.
Speaker 2: Not smiles though from from England.
Speaker 5: I believe great Britain. Yeah, she's a great Britain gymnast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's said.
Speaker 5: I'm in love with tom Daily the diver. Oh my god, Tommy n he knits. He knitted his own Paris twenty twenty four jumper, and I want one. It's really cool.
Speaker 6: The gymnastics turn.
Speaker 2: The gymnastics has got me.
Speaker 5: Though, Georgia may Fenton is your favorite.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna say that's fine, okay cook.
Speaker 6: Does she do the ribbon?
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't do the ribbon. She just does a little jump off the horse.
Speaker 6: You'd be excellent at the ribbon.
Speaker 5: No, he wouldn't twiddle ribbon.
Speaker 2: I'd probably get it caught around my ankles and.
Speaker 6: You'd also catch you catch the ball in your leg very well, you know how they catch it.
Speaker 3: In the credit.
Speaker 5: Shut up, hey, Clinty. So the athletics starts tomorrow. Because we are often on top of the metal telly or near the top in the first week when we're all in action in the pool, and we sort of were swimming off a bit in the second.
Speaker 2: We're not great in sand or throwing them.
Speaker 5: What are our chances.
Speaker 6: There's a few great chances, Like Jess Huller is a runner who you know has been running world record times and wow, you know she's she's a really strong metal chance. You know, we're a chance in the women's javelin, we're a chance in the discuss all these sports that Jakes. I know as a keen athletics track and field watcher, you'll be following with the baited breath the next week.
Speaker 2: Little athletics just down on Thomas Street and Hampton. You'll see me there every Sunday watching.
Speaker 5: That's weird.
Speaker 2: That does sound weird. My kids are involved in Yeah, my kids are. It's not just me.
Speaker 5: So it's parasput Clinton. Enough work talk. Have you have you had a few nights out yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You're out with Harry Garside.
Speaker 6: Last night, I was out with Harry and his mum and his daddy's mum. By the way, big Big Nover fan, Big listener sent her love to you both. But Paris parents like, it's you know, obviously the middle of summer here. And do you know what, there's not the same level of tourists here, which is sort of nice because people have probably stayed away because they're a bit into the crowd.
Speaker 5: Well, if you just wanted to go and get a photo with the Eiffel Tower, it's not the week for it.
Speaker 2: No, he Clint, have you found that nightclub where they give out free tattoos? Yet?
Speaker 6: Still working on it, Jay, thank you?
Speaker 2: Right, okay, And we've got a tattooist here ready to put the Olympic rings on YouTube when you get back.
Speaker 5: Get it over there to be way Shaker. You're getting it from Fine Lines in Melbourne. After the event, get down to some Parisians.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow is to head back to the laundrot of the Laundromat of Death to I've got some red grundies I need to wash.
Speaker 5: I think there might be a few of the nine commentators who have also gone to that laundry. Mauntin accidentally strunk the shirts, some of them getting into that pastry. There's a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Hey, Clint, you're doing a great job over there, mate, keep it, keep it up.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys. I really miss you as well.
Speaker 5: One misses you more than me. You've left me with Jason.
Speaker 2: Clint. Does she normally text you like constantly through the day? Just a little statement? Clinton, Oh, mate, she's texting me because you're away.
Speaker 5: It's non been replying.
Speaker 2: I've got to walk around with a battery pack attached to my phone. There is Clint over in Patty, God, he'd be able to eat. I'll tell you what. When these games wrap up, he's going to have one hell of a night out in Paris.
Speaker 5: And then he's going to come home and need to sleep for a month.
Speaker 2: All right, it's about hit six thirty. Well, check you around the work later ten years and then guess what we got coming up? Naughty noughty six.
Speaker 5: Forty Right now, though, let me take you to the tennis. I love a bit of tennis. Actually didn't know tennis was in the Big Oh? Actually has it always been in?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Some rogue sports in there.
Speaker 5: Mate, And yeah. Yeah. Anyway, so they're there, they're playing. It's the women's singles quarterfinal, and like all good matches, the Mexican waves started. I love a Mexican one, a Mexican wave. It's going around.
Speaker 2: What I love is when they do the Mexican wave at the footy and sometimes it gets round to like the members area CC. Yeah yeah, exactly, yeah, Oh what to elite to stand up and the wave? Are we? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I sit in the MCC And then sometimes there's a rogue MCC member that does it and everyone looks at them like, shame on you for being fun.
Speaker 2: We'll shame on you guys for not getting involved. What are you scared your little blanket's going to fall off your knees? Yeah, you're at the footy, get into it.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's worse at the cricket.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I'm getting over the beer snake at the cricket. I can't believe they've been.
Speaker 5: Did they ban it on the cups piled?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah apparently I.
Speaker 5: Don't know it basically cleaning up, thank you, collecting the cups like a good bussy? Is that what it's called a bussy? I could see you as a bus boy in a pub where they pile all the glasses of my ground.
Speaker 2: I can barely carry three back to the time.
Speaker 5: I feel like that would have been a good job for you. Anyway. The Mexican waves going around and around in their crowd at the tennis so the you know bit atmosphere of in Paris. They're filming it. They're showing the Mexican wave go around, and then it cuts to this beautiful family sitting there, man, woman, child, and mum pulls up the top and flashes the camera with the child sitting next to.
Speaker 2: Their Why why, how what's the kid?
Speaker 5: Oh? I don't know, like young, not like you know, like a kid, like anything between three and eighteen. They all look the same. But it was a kid in the kid territories in.
Speaker 2: Your schoolmates saying, hey, saw your mum and her boobs on TV.
Speaker 5: But why do that?
Speaker 2: I get it if you're young and in the club, but you're there with you.
Speaker 5: It's a good family moment. Frame it and put it on the mantel piece. Oh, this is when mum got her boobs out at the game's at Paris. I know she must have had a few lemonades in the stands. Perhaps and thought it was a good one.
Speaker 2: Look it does that doesn't scream roundy to me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the tennis can be boring. Danielle Collins was playing there. She's quite good. I would have thought that would have kept her entertained.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, don't get me wrong. If this lady didn't flash, we weren't exactly going to be covering the tennis this morning.
Speaker 5: That's true. It brought a bit of excitement.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten? Have you been flashed? Or have you flashed someone?
Speaker 5: I'm not a flusher in a surprise to no one. I don't flash near my bits to.
Speaker 2: No one accidentally seen anybody else.
Speaker 5: But I remember on the school bus back in the day the boys that all like pull their pants down and push their bums up against the windows for the truck drivers going past, and the truck drivers and go.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, have you flashed someone accidentally? Or are you the one who has been lashed? I'll tell you what. You joined us on the air. I got some bree stuff to go this morning, got some good stuff as well.
Speaker 5: Actually, what free stuff have you got? Little flashes of Melbourne?
Speaker 2: I've got turn dollar Cogan vouchers. Cogin dot com helps you get what you want for less. Cogan dot com. Now that is clicking awesome, Give us a call out and over thirteen twenty four to ten Flashes thirteen twenty four ten. A mum lift at her top at the tennis while doing the Mexican Wave over in Patty Share. The family next to her go, Mum, we're talking flashes.
Speaker 5: Mom, you'd be like, mom, flashes, I have to do that.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 5: Newsletter, Maum, all right, let's go to ocean ground.
Speaker 2: Ah old school listener, Big Jake Mate Day, Hello, Lauren.
Speaker 8: Lovely, Big j welcome to I know it's been a while.
Speaker 2: I have to pull joys.
Speaker 8: I've been very, very busy, and the people have demanded I get back on the air.
Speaker 2: Stay here, I am. I'm not sure who those people are. A Big Jay, Welcome Jay.
Speaker 5: Why am I not surprised you've called for the topic flash flashing? Were you the flesher or did you receive the flash?
Speaker 8: I always received the flash. I'm a man of dignity. I'm not going to get my bits and bobbed at and let the price is right.
Speaker 2: He is a man of dignity, Lawrence.
Speaker 5: I think that is a good idea.
Speaker 2: Did Jack who flashed you? Jay?
Speaker 6: I don't know. Some Sheila in a youth.
Speaker 8: We're doing road works out and out in the middle of nowhere. You remember that story I told you about when one of the boys spanned the grenade and I throw it over the fence because it was fake. Same day, about an hour later, this young lady's in the youth with a frenzy that half way out. Oh boys pull them out and keeps them out for at least one hundred totority of Minuisola.
Speaker 6: Boy's got a good look.
Speaker 5: Was she driving or was she in the passenger?
Speaker 8: See now as here the person you said got half way out, halfway out, the huge mars Well jumped out her, shot him out and just left them out for a good two hundred minutes. All the boys, oh my back turned on. Ton't care of better things, So.
Speaker 2: Don't I love him?
Speaker 5: At least she wasn't standing on the back of the like she was in the Moonber parade or.
Speaker 2: Caught the grenade. Don't know where that came fro the granade.
Speaker 5: I remember the grenade.
Speaker 2: I love you, big Jay, And he's just going nine to seven thirteen, twenty fourteen, there was a lot to unpack Sheila, and are you have have you been flashed? Or we the flasher. We'll take more calls after this banger. On Nov. Thirteen, twenty fourteen, we're talking flashing. Have you flashed someone or been the flash?
Speaker 5: Shir typ from a reservoir? Were you flashed by someone?
Speaker 9: Well, I reckon you guys, configure it out on the air. Okay, two stories on flashing, they actually connect together.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 9: So I was playing rugby, and of course you know when you're running out the little short short sign yep. Well for the first time I was like, nah, I'll be right with his rugby shorts and they had no shoe lakes on the front.
Speaker 2: Oh yep.
Speaker 9: So we were just better win the aim. We're winning if we got this try. I passed the ball and just happened to me. When I was running past the big prop and went around the side, the winger got me. Instead of just following my shorts down, he pulled my drops and my shorts down.
Speaker 2: Little ty came out.
Speaker 5: So you flashed by accent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I did the hob along and was likely to get the dry so.
Speaker 5: You still won't even though you Willy was.
Speaker 2: Out got graphics.
Speaker 5: Could you just cut him off? He's got two parts of that story, he said.
Speaker 2: I know, we'll get the second part of Monday. Hello.
Speaker 5: I think the end of that story was that someone flashed him back. Yes, I went down in solidarity with.
Speaker 2: Him, Molly. This was during COVID.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was just so happy, guys the back of the radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No one's more happy than us.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was doing COVID. I I got a job during COVID in a factory and it was down into Long So because I had to pass the border I had to show the officers my past.
Speaker 5: That I could oh.
Speaker 2: The steel.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so it was a two pager and I had to take him on my phone and you're staying your car. I got a police officer, but I just worked the wrong way and it was a full.
Speaker 11: Picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bet they let you through the ring of steel. Though.
Speaker 5: What did the police officers say?
Speaker 10: Oh, he got really flustered, and so that I didn't really know. He got quite flustered and he was like, oh, he didn't really know what to say. And I kind of looked at my phone and I went and I couldn't drive forward because the car in front of.
Speaker 5: Me was talking about oh yeah.
Speaker 10: I was like kind of stuck dogging.
Speaker 2: In my car and he was like this guy, Oh no, you dit like that you got nudes on your phone?
Speaker 5: Me unsurprisingly, No, I'm not a nude taker. Remember when I saw the need on that guy's phone night on the plane. No, the guy tried to take himself and then he went to look at it, but he accidentally swiped across.
Speaker 2: Got to be careful. The anxiety when you give someone you find out a look at something and they start swiping, and the anxiety it hits you straight away.
Speaker 5: Well, when you accidentally swipe on someone's phone, you're like, no, no, no, no, no, this.
Speaker 2: Would be a good one. Anonymous in Richmond, what happened?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 12: I had a friend who splashed her the top half my future father in law.
Speaker 7: I have engagement party.
Speaker 2: Accident or on purpose?
Speaker 7: On purpose?
Speaker 5: The engagement party.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think she had too many savvyds. We've all been a little bit excited and gave my father in law or current father in lawa a show.
Speaker 5: I thought you said your brother in law. So was she a bride'smaid? In the wedding.
Speaker 7: Noah, I didn't.
Speaker 10: Let her in at the wedding, but she did get herself kicked out at the wedding.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, what you do at the wedding.
Speaker 5: So the engagement party was just the entrede Jesus she do at the wedding.
Speaker 7: That was just the warm up, the main the wedding. I'm obstru glass at a barrel, got what going into the bathrooms with another guy.
Speaker 5: I was like, Oh, this sounds like a map sweating.
Speaker 2: She's going to go off at the baby show.
Speaker 5: Oh go off, queen. Too many savvy basil do it.
Speaker 2: It's the white wine. It'll get you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the devil juice Pool calls it. Not on the devil juice.
Speaker 2: Seven tons a eye. Gonna be joining us on the other side of this and we'll check you around the work the latest in years. This is Nova. Good morning. It is Jason and Lauren and we are joined by this lady.
Speaker 13: Our next guest is an og for Mornington Peninsula, her husband smashing it on the world stage side. She brings as you bring the eyes, welcome to the shots and.
Speaker 4: Morning, good morning, A happy album day, thanks mate.
Speaker 5: How good is today? Exciting? Or nerve wracking. You've obviously spent so much time working on this album and now it's everyone else's album.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm excited, And then I just got the nerves on the way in the car, going like, oh no, now everyone's going to figure out like what they like what they don't. And then instead of me just going I like it, I'm going to start overthinking about everything.
Speaker 2: But do you will you deep dive comments and stuff on social today?
Speaker 1: No, it'll be mainly from Nana. She's a hard critic.
Speaker 5: Nanas are the toughest.
Speaker 2: There's no filter, and you know what, I plan on being like that as well when I'm nineteen.
Speaker 5: So she already heard it.
Speaker 1: H No.
Speaker 4: But I wrote a song about Papa called Sorrento, and I just held off from showing her for months and I only showed.
Speaker 1: Her like two weeks ago.
Speaker 5: And what did she say?
Speaker 1: She really loved it.
Speaker 4: It's a favorite song obviously, it's like the story of his life, including her.
Speaker 2: Why did you hold off?
Speaker 1: I just feel so nervous. Papa passed away like at the start of.
Speaker 4: The year, and it's been tough for Anna and I've been away and I didn't want to like, I just didn't want.
Speaker 1: To see her upset or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know, but I still wanted to have a moment showing her myself before she.
Speaker 2: Heard then the absolute world.
Speaker 5: Grandparents are so precious, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's the best lace.
Speaker 2: Lawrence Nan. How old is your nan?
Speaker 5: She's ninety four, still lives at home on her own. It's still going.
Speaker 2: Oh she's not driving, is she?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Nana's eighty next year, but she said she wants to be seventy nine again and start going backwards.
Speaker 5: Now, oh, okay, that's seventy nine as long as she wants. But so it's obviously, I mean, every album is really personal, but on this one, you've got a song for your sister as well. How does that sit with you when you know other people are going to listen to that and judge it as well? Does it not matter it's just about your family?
Speaker 4: Well, the first line of the album is I'm sorry to my sister. I don't know if you're talking about that one, because that's just a few things about my life. It's not all that's wonderful, which is about my wonderful Okay, cool, I wasn't sure there, Yeah, No, I love that song, and I think I wrote that just because, like I have the most empathy for my sister and brother. I think like that's where the most empathy in me lies.
Speaker 14: I really like genuinely care for them and like want them to be happy all the time, and I like, sometimes you just can't help it, especially when I'm so busy, they go through mental funks and that's what makes me so sad.
Speaker 2: It seems like a tight family. Seems that you guys are pretty tired.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, family, I'm really close with my Manana and my brother and sister.
Speaker 1: We've gone closer.
Speaker 2: Hey, what are you gonna do tonight for album? How are you celebrating?
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna just hang out with you guys for a bid, just procrastinate around the office, try and get a gig.
Speaker 2: What the planning's got the album day?
Speaker 4: Literally I'm going to go actually though, I'm going tonight on the jew Barrymore Show.
Speaker 1: She's in Sydney and I'm going on you know how much one of the angels.
Speaker 2: She probably prefer to hang out on eat.
Speaker 5: That's the next level excitement though, like to reach her level of enthusiasm in life. Please nervous about that because I would been to I'm.
Speaker 4: Nervous about how close she sits to you on the like on the chair. If anyone looks it up, you'll see and I'm like, do I just do I kiss her?
Speaker 5: Did you share like a couch?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And she like really faces in and crosses her legs and just looks at you while you look at the crowd.
Speaker 2: She would be one of those ones that I'd be like, my heart would be ripped into if she turned out to be a bit of.
Speaker 1: A oh I know she would.
Speaker 5: Her when she goes trainy like.
Speaker 2: Other talk shows like Letterman back in the day, would lock there. I remember talking to the guys from Jet, you know the Jet, and they were on Letterman and they're sitting there waiting to go on, and then a stage han comes along and they lock them in their dressing rooms so that way no one can bump into Dave on the way to the stage let him and likes to meet him on camera.
Speaker 1: That's I've done that. I did that with Alan and Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 4: I thought about that too, because because there was this thing that came out saying, oh, Alan bumped into someone in the hallway and she liked that, but I thought the same thing. You sit there in the dressing room and you wait, You're like, oh, they're going to come in any moment. They might want to say hi before the show, like, how's it gonna work, Jimmy Fallon, We did pop in and after the show and got me to sign some drumsticks. Apparently they do that with everyone. They have different drumsticks for every guest.
Speaker 2: And how is Ellen?
Speaker 5: She gets a bad rap?
Speaker 1: Alan was great?
Speaker 4: But I the thing is, when you only meet someone on camera, what can I really say?
Speaker 1: Like I met her only on camera, so like you really take that.
Speaker 4: Small moment with them when if they choose to come in and you know, but we did see her rehearse like we're to TV in our room. And then after the interview, is she just like okay bye because then she has to finish the show.
Speaker 5: She got to keep going and we're like peace, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: Much more honest in here at Nova. I was actually just getting tones to all my breakfast should I she's an.
Speaker 4: Eggs tones That's actually the only one I heard you say, So then I was like I forgot the first ones.
Speaker 5: I said, yes, yeah, that one strong choice.
Speaker 2: Yes, strong choice.
Speaker 5: So it is Drew Barrymore in town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's doing a show like a live couch show in Sydney tonight and then tomorrow in Brisbane.
Speaker 5: Cod skipped over Melbourne. That's what I thought I liked about in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Do we Hey, we're very excited you are playing at Nova's Red Room. It's such a cool gig to play. Phones have lit up. Shall we give away some invites?
Speaker 5: Let's do it. I don't think they want to talk to us. I think they want to talk to doones. Catherine from Summer's Morning, Oh.
Speaker 12: Good Morning and high Tones.
Speaker 10: I'm so excited to come and see you and Hi guys.
Speaker 2: Hi Catherine, God, we're an afterthought. Catherine. Well, I can hook you out with an invite so you can go along to Nova's Red Room. Same with Britney and Languorren. You're on the line of Tones.
Speaker 3: Hi, Oh my god, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you going, Brittany, I'm good.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 12: I love your music.
Speaker 7: You've gotten me through a lot, so I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Stream the album that was very un emotional. I'll see you. I'm nervous Red Room. I'm not radio ready.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But these little intimate gigs like the Nova's Red Room is so small and so intimate, and doing shows at home, do they hit differently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing so many pop ups as well. I just do them a lot, like I get. I do acoustic pop ups all the time and just like go down the park because.
Speaker 1: That's what I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so like I love that stuff and I love acoustic as well.
Speaker 2: Will you will you blasted out on socials to get people heads up, or you just pull out the guitar and go for it.
Speaker 4: I do like sometimes the day before, yeah, but never usually too much time before because then.
Speaker 2: It gets a little bit great great yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: It affects like the council.
Speaker 5: They get mad.
Speaker 4: All the councils get mad. Sorry about it, every single council.
Speaker 2: You've got to be grumpy to join the council. That's how it works. Don't worry. I came home the other day I had the sticker of shame on the recycling bit because god forbid, I put something wrong in there. And they have people that go around and check what's in your beIN.
Speaker 5: Oh, imagine having that job.
Speaker 2: Great, Frankston, You've got invite as well.
Speaker 12: Amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good house Frankston. I was actually just there.
Speaker 12: Oh it's bo But have you guys got yourself so she'll be very excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Frankston monopoly board yet. But there's a Frankton just been released. We must get you, sis, I reckon you have probably on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should be. You should be in like community. Chest advanced to Tones's house for a few drink. If you pass, go you win two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Well you know me so well.
Speaker 2: Hey, honestly, make congratulations on the album being out today. I know it is a huge day for you and we love you here in overtime.
Speaker 1: I love you guys. Congrats on the morning.
Speaker 2: And thank you and good luck with Drew. Let us know.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I can't wait to hear about you much.
Speaker 1: Bring you that.
Speaker 2: Just flick as a text either lovely or yeah. Right across Melbourne. This is number one hundreds. We're designed and every people the ordinary games with Jase and Laura finding the best of us from the rest of us. Hey, coming up after seven thirty, you are going to meet the worst customer in Melbourne. You do not want this person in your shop?
Speaker 5: No, you do not.
Speaker 2: Well get to that just after seven thirty. But first though, yesterday we kicked off our Ordinary Games finding the best of us from the rest of us, and yesterday's event was the big splash. We went down to M Sack.
Speaker 5: I'd so much fun. These contestants were great value. Sorry, yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: There's a little teas video on our socials. Jason Lauren of nover Boy taking to the diving boards.
Speaker 5: No, over Boy, it was not very confident.
Speaker 2: Over Boy was a little nervous.
Speaker 5: Laena Boy shuffled to the edge of the Jerry springerboard.
Speaker 2: Let's not bag the guy addressed as overboy when you didn't want to get up into it yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm a bad back. My osteo said. I wasn't allowed to get off the Jerry springboard.
Speaker 2: My wife said she didn't want me getting the rig out. That's why I addressed as overboy.
Speaker 5: Smart.
Speaker 2: But this was all the action from yesterday's Ordinary Games. Weird as I nay people, Good evening Australia and welcome to the Ordinary Games here at M Sack and want to turn out?
Speaker 5: It is Lauren, I want to turn out you have the most ordinary hosts in the land, and we are here for the biggest splash.
Speaker 2: Earlier today, nov Boy took to the Jerry springboard to show you how it's done. Yo, yo, this is nov Boy. No the boy look it in.
Speaker 5: He's such a like sweety treaty eat and he's got this tiny little balm and no hips and like men are so annoying. If I ate like Katie, I would be the size of our hazel. If he falls in before he jumps, I will die of hysteria.
Speaker 2: I want no boy, nice work, nover boy, graceful to the very.
Speaker 5: End, would you say graceful?
Speaker 2: Let's meet ordinary contestant number one. Contender number one, brad twenty nine years old. He's a green keeper and he likes a bit of merit at first sight. How are we feeling.
Speaker 13: I'm nervous. I don't normally jump that high.
Speaker 2: All right, Bradley, wind about.
Speaker 5: Gotch that's a stinger.
Speaker 2: It's a stigger. That's a strong eight, strong eight. Let's make competitor number two, contender number to twenty.
Speaker 5: Three year old Alisia. You're an integration aid out of primary school. You to think kids do this many times before yeah, of course, you know, but I'm never the one actually doing it myself, So.
Speaker 6: I just watched my far Good luck out.
Speaker 3: There, Thank you guys.
Speaker 5: She's ready. Oh god, she's going backwards.
Speaker 2: That's gonna How are the boobies are? My concern is she let go in the last minute out of bringing in a strong seven.
Speaker 5: The backwards move gave her an eighth from me.
Speaker 2: Let's meet ordinary contestant number three. Contender number three get a rob Hi, good, good morning. Be honest, rub, you look like a pool piss of to me? Do you pean the pool.
Speaker 3: The purple dies in the pool or not?
Speaker 2: It's a myth. Rub you're on, thank you.
Speaker 5: It's a lot higher up here, he said, Yeah, you can crawl out like mister bean on all fours. To the fans, what was that?
Speaker 2: Take your time here?
Speaker 15: He goes, okay, vomiting jury group these days looks in time committed.
Speaker 2: That is going to leave a mark? Does that hurt all?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: There's definitely some movement downstairs.
Speaker 2: Has a been a Arsons?
Speaker 3: Has been movement.
Speaker 2: That you're getting a night from me?
Speaker 5: We are found the voice ordinary asles in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Congratulations are taking home a thousand dollars cash and the gold medal and the title of our Most Ordinary Tiver are here in Melbourne. Thanks guys, We're just people. Video will be on Socials tonight Jason and Lauren if you want to check it out. Congratulations to all the competitors and don't forget next week weeps. If you are an adults that can jump baby hurdles.
Speaker 5: Hurdles are not to be sneezed.
Speaker 2: They're not forgiving. No go to the novaplayer app or novfm dot com dot Are you cheeky thousand bucks up for grabs?
Speaker 5: I'm outraged, Jase not happy, not happy. You hear people winge a lot about bad customer service. The customers always right. People complain about people who work in their local supermarket, their local Japanese restaurant, their local BP, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: People are all off every shot.
Speaker 5: People are always mad about bird customer service.
Speaker 2: I I always get sad when I see those signs saying please have respect for our staff, treat them with dignity, because I go.
Speaker 5: Well, that's it.
Speaker 2: How bad did things get that the shop had to put that up?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: We're talking about bad customer service? What about bad customers, because there's a lot of people who are on the other end of it that have to say to themselves, customer was always right. Just keep smiling and let this happen. And I don't think you should have to let it happen.
Speaker 2: My biggest ick is someone that is rude to like a waiter.
Speaker 5: Me to just say thank you. Yeah, and you know what, they're humans if they get it wrong.
Speaker 2: And you know what, if they don't say thank you, you are permission from me to put something in.
Speaker 5: Their food now anyway with no no, no, no, no, no no, that's a bad idea. Anyway, there has potentially been the worst customer. You've still got a growl on your face.
Speaker 2: Laxatives.
Speaker 5: Turn that frown upside down.
Speaker 2: Bro, here's your enjoy coming out.
Speaker 5: You will be mad when you hear this. I don't know if you saw it. There was a video that went everywhere yesterday. It was from the little Larte drive through in hoppers Cross Coffee. There's one in Hopperst Crossing.
Speaker 2: There's one you Southland.
Speaker 5: There used to be one on kingsway down here get the cream, used to get the francakes. No one would be have a frown there they wouldn't good anyway. At the little Larte drive through in Hoppers Crossing Great Now, a woman, I think it's a woman. A customer has thrown a hot coffee all over the barista because she was furious that she had to wait too long.
Speaker 2: What a troll?
Speaker 5: What a troll. You can't carry on like that, Like everyone's just doing their job.
Speaker 2: And like even if the barrista was slow, if the barrista was rude, whatever, you don't throw a hot coffee over them.
Speaker 5: You don't throw hot coffee over anyone ever. You don't throw anything on people.
Speaker 2: Is she being charged? I hope yeah.
Speaker 5: The police have got involved now they're investigating the circumstances surrounding an unlawful assault.
Speaker 2: I think she should be cable tied to the little late sign to throw a coffee.
Speaker 5: Back the poor lady working there, though she's got like burns.
Speaker 2: It was hot, terrible, terrible. And when I worked at David Yans back when I was like eighteen, I used to work in the TV department. If a customer was rude, I'd be like, I'm just checking. I'm sorry, we don't have the TV. You want it in stock, and I'll give you hot tip. We could have had forty of them out the back, but you weren't getting one. Yeah, right, Probably why I got fired because revenue was down. But you know what I mean, like if you were rude or it'd be like, yep, no worries, I'm just going to place that order. You'll get that in a couple of days, and then as soon as they'd leave, I'd be like, cancel that order, and then that'd after ring, after a week. But I'm so sorry. We're still chasing it for you, your.
Speaker 5: Witch, your wench. Yeah, but I often feel sorry for people who work in restaurants or in shops or whatever rude.
Speaker 2: You know what, many times on radio people have said, give us a call and tell us about bad customer service. Let's slip it out thirteen twenty four to ten. We'll give you a chance to winge about your customers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't even need it. You don't need to say where you're from. You don't turn people off your business, have a rant? How bad? Also, you've got to get up in the morning and make coffee for other people and their route to you.
Speaker 2: You know what little artepe drive through neat.
Speaker 5: No, I am sorry. I am fueling your morning with caffeine. You'd be nice to me.
Speaker 2: You know what, if I was operating the window, I would want some sort of buttons where spikes come out of the ground. You're like at the airport. If you drive over the spikes the wrong way into a can'tpact bush your ties. But if Jenny's give me attitude at the window, you hit the button, the spikes come up. Good luck leaving the drive through. Jenny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd be like this, this is your morning savior. How can I take your order twenty four? Praise me? I'm giving you coffee thirty.
Speaker 2: To twenty four to ten worst customers in Melbourne. If you've had them, we want to know about it. You can remain completely anonymous and then reten. I'm going to hook out with some free stuff as well. I've got Bailey Nelson Vouchers two hundred and fifty dollars Bailey Nelson Bouchers shaking up the way you wear glasses with friendly optometris and a strange design frames at fair prices. Let's go to Lang Warren loz he Riley.
Speaker 5: Good morning. If you had a shocking customer.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Yes, I have I used to work with dab Hi Fi and we sold a like display kettle.
Speaker 7: So it was all wrapped up.
Speaker 12: All ready to go. This lady took it home, realized that the lids for the kettle wasn't in it, and she called me back up and told me that I was going to be the reason why her baby died because she couldn't heat up her milk.
Speaker 5: Wow, wow, wow, Riley.
Speaker 12: And keep in mind I was like sixteen.
Speaker 2: At the time, so what it would say?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm pretty bad.
Speaker 12: Just panicked and I was like, I'm so sorry, Like I'm pretty sure I cried. But yeah, that very traumatic.
Speaker 5: People are awful, aren't they.
Speaker 2: I thought these were going to be light and bright calls.
Speaker 5: No, we're asking for Melbourn's worst customer. It sounds like a bad one card.
Speaker 2: I hope her weever was standing on the front door of JB with their little colored lanyard on, didn't let her in next time. It's a special type of work at JB, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tap tapping away. Let me just check that for your swinging.
Speaker 2: The crazy hipsters just checking on stock for that one. Hey days, we got those kettles mate entire energy. Yeah, a little bit hipster, a little bit strange.
Speaker 5: Take this and go and collect it from out the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, lighting top, Yeah yeah. Our video guy Nandos, he used to work there. He is a speeding you.
Speaker 5: You look like do you not know that I did not know?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he is a spitting image of.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You would have been working in TV's or something.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: He wasn't selling CD's alright.
Speaker 2: He wasn't cool enough for the CD area. Right, we'll take more calls next worst customers in Melbourne. If you've had him, we want to know about him. This is number one hundred. Good morning, we're talking worst customers in Melbourne. I just mentioned before thirteen twenty four ten. To join us on the air. Our video guy Nandos used to work at JB Hi Fi. Looks like, you know, one of those crazy hipsters with the lanyard around his neck. He's just shown me a complaint he received when he was doing the job. Said hello, I've just returned from your Hopper's Crossing store where I was looking at activity trackers. My son and I were served by a young man hipster type who came to us still drinking his morning coffee. It was apparent he had a limited knowledge of trackers.
Speaker 5: What on earth is a tracker?
Speaker 2: Well, I'd hang on a last JB. You've done it again, nandos. What's a tracker? It's like a garment watch, see he answered? Look at that? He answered us, still drinking his morning coffee, dressed as a hipster, and didn't really get didn't really get much to detail about it.
Speaker 5: Back to hoppers crossing JB.
Speaker 2: I think the guy would have learned in mill Park are okate?
Speaker 7: Hi guys, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Worst customer? What do you add?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, this is my mum. She works at the post office. Now he gets all kinds of duties in the post office.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 7: But five to five So, just before you know, finished time, a lady comes to get a package that she'd ordered no id. Starts getting a bit more angrier by the minute because they wouldn't give the package to her, which apparently was a phone, which is like a common scam. Anyway, long story short, she's getting angrier. She tries to pull the FOS machine out of the like it's terminal. Oh, she didn't get anywhere with that. So she's picked up this hand sanitizer and hurled that over the barriers, your mum, yes, and have hit a lady in the elbow and they had to call security to escort this nutcase out of.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what would have been worse at that bottle burst trying to get Sanny out of the poster.
Speaker 5: I actually feel bad going into a shop, a cafe or restaurant, like within fifteen minutes of closing time. But they're still trying to make money and do business. But I'm like, oh, like the bakery coffee shop near clost I'm like, I can't go now, you can already half cleaned the machine.
Speaker 2: Well, then if you're not going, they might as well go home at two forty five.
Speaker 5: I know, but I feel bad, but they're there either they want out, of course.
Speaker 2: They want out at ten o'clock. They wanted out hours ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just yeah, I feel I would feel about.
Speaker 2: The side note God, post office so.
Speaker 5: Random stuff random.
Speaker 2: I was lining up for the other day.
Speaker 5: Post Office goes out the door every single time on there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, when do you want to buy a bloody chest set or a make control car? Post office is not the place to go.
Speaker 5: Still the only one place that what was that thing we used to social distancing. Everyone stands a meter apart in the line only at the post office. I'm like, we're still doing this.
Speaker 2: Well, they've still got the stickers on the ground.
Speaker 5: Yeah, social distance at a time.
Speaker 2: Morning, worst customary, Melbourne. What you got?
Speaker 11: I need to work ad Bunnings. And I was on the return death and a man was trying to return a flower that he wasn't happy with, and because I told him that he couldn't return it, he threw the flower and the pot at my head.
Speaker 2: In his defense, you guys have said we can return plants, but he.
Speaker 11: Didn't have the direct card. Use someone else's card.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't be doing that. You also can't even you can't.
Speaker 2: Be throwing a pop planet.
Speaker 5: A person that's throwing not allowed.
Speaker 2: You know what, Bonnings? I love how you guys, I can semes the receipt. What do you mean so that when you pay a right.
Speaker 5: In physical copy?
Speaker 2: No one's taken the physical receipt.
Speaker 5: No, it's great.
Speaker 2: You just typing the little phone number and they text you. That's great, hey, Kelly, Yeah, you forget to go on the bunning Dad.
Speaker 11: No, I wasn't lucky enough to do that.
Speaker 2: They're real stuff, right, Yeah, yeah they are.
Speaker 5: You have to put in I believe a submission of what you would say, though, Is that true, Kelly? Or do they tell you what you say?
Speaker 11: No, I'm pretty I'm pretty sure. They just tell you what to say and they tell you what product to hold as well.
Speaker 5: Get this is Kelly at the front desk when what she really works in the nursery reckons.
Speaker 2: They just moved it. Yes, thanks to you called you can't be throwing pop plants at people.
Speaker 5: He can't be throwing anything at people's team. You just can't do that. No coffee, no pop plants, no hand sanitizing.
Speaker 2: I still got onion gate going on at Bunnings. Remember there was a big blow up because if you were doing the barbecue out the front, you have to put the onions below the page.
Speaker 5: They're holding raves at Bunnings now, I believe the problem playing Bunnings.
Speaker 2: Aren't they doing it rave? I got asked to be part of the basketball team Bunnings barbecue I think.
Speaker 5: So you go to Bunnings to raise money for the basketball time. Yeah, I went to one that was raising money for a soccer team. It was in Fitzroy though, and they were serving toe turkey sausages, fake turkey.
Speaker 2: That is hard. No, you could class, that's hard. Those kids don't deserve the place.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 5: It wasn't raising sorry, sorry money, it wasn't. The soccer team was raising money for lost cats home Ah very Fitzroy toe turkey sausages and the lost catsme. It is time for the five thousand dollar question. We have five thousand up for grabs for hard question, five hundred for medium question, or fifty dollars for an easy question, and our player today is from Chad Vegas, Chadstone, Vera, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Vera.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 11: It's turn seven in twenty two days?
Speaker 5: Oh six, turning seven and twenty two days? Do you know how old Jase is? Vera?
Speaker 9: Vera?
Speaker 2: You one?
Speaker 5: Congratulations, You're very cute.
Speaker 2: I know, Vera. What school do you gotta? Do you want to give it a shout out?
Speaker 6: Uh, Maulvin Valley Primary.
Speaker 5: Very good present, Maulven Valley Primary School, shout.
Speaker 2: Out, Vera. Would you like an easy question for fifty dollars a medium question for five hundred? Are you going to roll the dice and go for five grand with a super hard one? Wanting fifty do.
Speaker 5: If you win fifty dollars, Vera.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna buy something.
Speaker 5: Some cam yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: Pretty much by a franchise. It came out of fifty bucks. Fifty dollars all right, Vera, Auntie Lauren's going to give you a question. Hopefully it's easy because you deserve the money you do. And I will put three seconds on the clock and you have to try and answer within three seconds. Okay, okay, Vera's a bit of an old person.
Speaker 5: Is so cute, really, the old Come on, Vera, mate, no, come on, Verra. For fifty dollars, here we go, go on a shopping sprit camart. Let's go, Vera, how many sides does a square have? She has done it, Vera, fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. That's like winning a mill.
Speaker 5: If you're a kid, what what what ailey to a kmart? What are you gonna buy?
Speaker 12: I'm gonna by.
Speaker 5: Squish, mellow, squish, mellow squish mellow. Yes, sounds amazing. Everyone should send their kids to Vera's school because kids are smart there.
Speaker 2: If she was like pack of darts and some mollollies, you'd be like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 5: You've got too many kids. You're broken, You've got too many kids. She's six and the cutest little thing, cutibable, she's lovely. But you got too many kids. Stop having kids and start loving.
Speaker 2: I'm loving children.
Speaker 5: Doesn't sound like no? Well can you give her something else as well?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: I just gave her fifty bucks. I'm not a charity.
Speaker 5: I am Vera. Do you like burgers?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Does dad? I think your dad's there, Julian. Does he like burgers? Yeah? Hey, you old dad. We're also giving him a two hundred and fifty dollars Grilled voucher because Grill's first ever in Melbourne drive through is opening in Chadstone this Saturday.
Speaker 11: We live me.
Speaker 5: That you live in Chadstone. That's why I thought dad might like it. Can you tell dad we're giving him two hundred and fifty dollars worth of burgers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Be excited?
Speaker 2: Reckon, Yeah, there are away seven hundred and fifty four free burgers. So get to grilled.
Speaker 5: Do you want to join the show, Vera, Vera? Would you like to join our show? Jace, Lauren and Vera? Okay, great?
Speaker 2: Any anything else?
Speaker 5: Who do you want to hear a song?
Speaker 2: Vera, Jesus, are you done? Are you right now?
Speaker 5: I'm talking to Verra. Do you want to hear a song?
Speaker 2: Vera can tell my text track and tell him we're going to be late.
Speaker 5: He'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Vera.
Speaker 5: Do you want to hear a song?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Who's my favorite?
Speaker 2: I'm not playing the wigs?
Speaker 11: Can I come on?
Speaker 5: How could you say? Now? I don't know what's in the log, but get rid of it. The Door The Door by Teddy Swims? I love that song? Do you have any brothers and sisters?
Speaker 2: Vera, We're going back again. We're going to play that bloody song too.
Speaker 5: Do you like footy?
Speaker 2: Verra?
Speaker 5: I got I got six brothers. True.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say Dad's busy, bloody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's going to need that grill. Val Good on you, Vera, you have a great day. I really playing Teddy playing Teddy Swims the Door for you?
Speaker 2: Bye?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite? J? S Lauren.
Speaker 6: Erh Laurence.
Speaker 2: Yes, Queen was forced.
Speaker 5: This is for Vera. Teddy Swims the Door in joy Vera.
Speaker 2: Johnny us all away from a Noosa up on hosting Street Mighty Days, Christopher track Morning, How.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to keep you waiting track, but I had.
Speaker 3: A very I'm on the beach, so it's not that big.
Speaker 5: Of I was just on the phone to a six year old and after that I said to Jason Christians should never come home. It's four degrees here. Why wouldn't you stay? Just stay there, go and play for the Bristol Lions or something.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: Gold Melbourne are going to come out.
Speaker 3: Probably I'll start my Tiger's team or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 5: You could go play local footing. I'm sure they'd be Hopefully.
Speaker 3: You can enjoy make the AFL.
Speaker 2: How did the body pull up? Because last week when we spoke to you, you're gonna do some light training or go for a bit of a run.
Speaker 3: Yep, it was good. I'm probably running at your pace at the moment. Jake, you're very morning apology.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's great. It's been confident from Lauren, so you fit it.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's going really well and feeling really really good. I mean it's very low level running. It's like six kilometer k pace, so it's it's nothing so but it's good to get the body moving. I think more thin orphins like I just hate not being active and being exercising. So it's nice to kind ofly well, kind of get my body moving again.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, for an athlete to not be able to move, that must be messing with your head.
Speaker 2: It's really hard, Lurine, you're talking to track.
Speaker 5: Has that been the mental side of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, I've seen the hardest part. I think that's what I've always known, probably for when I first got the injuries. Like physically my job. I got paid to run and lick weights and look good, So that's fine, that's not an issue, but it's more the mental start. I think that's probably the weather. The biggest thing would be the hardest. That would be the hardest thing, to be honest. And seven weeks was the first time. Yeah, I could run gym, you know, lift some weights, which is nice, to go for a swim in the water. So because of the wounds and that I wasn't able to get the kind of them wet. So it's nice to kind of actually get body moving again, which is realized you're going, no, no, finish me No. I was just so you realized how much actually missed being aptive, like just actually just even just walking and just being feeling well.
Speaker 5: You take it for granted.
Speaker 2: When we were only saying that the other day.
Speaker 5: I've done my back from being old Christian. I didn't actually do anything. You just woke up and couldn't move, and I.
Speaker 2: Say, ja around her. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I took for granted just feeling good and feeling well, and until it's taken away from you and then you go, oh, why didn't I enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Pay track, Just back on the mental side of things, because tonight is sort of do or die for the D's up against the Doggies. Do you think mentally this would have been a lot more challenging if the D's were having a great run and they were towards the top of the eight for me or for you, you know what I mean, that you're missing out we're in there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course, I mean definitely if you're missing out on your team having success, No, it's good and effect somewhere or the other. But for me, there's also nothing I can do, Like, I can't control that situation too, So I'm going to try and give my support as much as I can to the boys. But at the same time, for me, the last seven weeks has been really tough, so I also need to really focus on getting my body in my mind right. But you know, it's a big game tonight, a huge game. I think if we win this week can kind of get our hopes back up for final because I think I'm not too sure in terms of I think we have to roll on other people to win, which is not what you want to all lose, which is not what you want to be auditioning. So I think if we win this we kind of we can control our own destiny in a way. So and Doggies are playing some great footy, so it's going to be a big game, big game.
Speaker 5: Middle of the latter is very blocked up, like alpen in the.
Speaker 2: Top three teams don't even from Melbourne. Are you going to be on the app paroles with Jenny and Karen watching at the NUS.
Speaker 3: Served Jenny, Well, i'd be. I will be not at Thesiness. I'll be in my living room and I'll be watching some TV, watching it On and Company.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? He's cruising around him those white straw hats, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like a retiree.
Speaker 2: Yes, like a retire I reckon. You look like you're on a cruise ship up and down the street of Hastings Street.
Speaker 5: How good's new track?
Speaker 3: I'm just everyone advocate for it.
Speaker 5: Let's just listen to what it's like up there this morning, Melbournians. Just imagine we're a.
Speaker 3: Worn analytics of this radio station. And what's the average age demographic?
Speaker 5: Who knows? We'll take anyone.
Speaker 2: Let me let me play some music as you describe what you're looking at.
Speaker 5: Just tell us what this seems like. Okay, yeah, we're.
Speaker 3: Dreaming in the morning.
Speaker 5: It's track. It's four degrees.
Speaker 2: What you can see?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm currently standing out to six beautiful palm trees with a view of the ocean. The ocean on a balcony.
Speaker 2: Is the ocean ching back at you?
Speaker 3: Ocean sparkling? You can see some nice, nice sparkles back at you.
Speaker 5: Can you have some canoes?
Speaker 3: There's some people who are doing some canoeing.
Speaker 5: Do you see that big ball in the sky called the sun that we don't get to see her in print?
Speaker 3: I can see the sun. I actually can't look at it to be on.
Speaker 2: Are you getting wet this morning? Going for a swim?
Speaker 3: I'm good? That's enough. Hey, just quickly before from a stick. We're going from a six year old phone.
Speaker 5: That's our show for you, just quickly before we let you goes. You've been watching any of what's happening over in Paris.
Speaker 3: He I've been how amazing swimming. The swimming has been awesome. Watching a lot of the hockey too, which has been good. Boys, you've been good. We watched a lot of the basketball. They lost the Canada the other day, which is which is tough game. Watched some bas and an absolutely freak. She is a boss, absolute.
Speaker 5: Boss, isn't she?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: Actually watched the documentary Dalla Day and it was just really relative, really relevant to what I'm going through. So I loved it. I really loved it. So that was awesome. She's an absolute boss.
Speaker 5: I've been encouraging everyone to watch that.
Speaker 3: I was. Jess Fox is an absolute bar.
Speaker 2: Lauren's got the biggest girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's awesome. Now I read the athlete, ah and who else is there? But there's a lot of people who I just love. I just love sports, Like what about that fifty two year old Turkish go just got up and shot it no use, no equipment, no equipment. People are saying it's a bit tough that didn't win gold. He did it on purpose because it's a bit like he's true. God of a shoot. I probably hit man.
Speaker 5: He's very good. That's what we were saying before. There are some incredible stories, stories like the fifty eight year old woman who's gone in to play table tennis now at the Olympic eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about the Italian man who lost his wedding ring in the scene then and then said and said, I'll put your wedding ring in the scene so they could be there forever to get out of it, I said that the ballots she gets stuff. You're not doing that.
Speaker 5: No, that's not an Australian way of talking. He wrote his wife a love letter find me a man in Australia has done that.
Speaker 2: Reason we send an emoji. Hey track, rest up, enjoy, nurse and mate, and good luck to the DS tonight.
Speaker 3: Thanks Gods, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Enjoy the warm Yes, yes, stay there for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Please come home, please come on. Christopher Draca joining us on over Hey, coming up before the end of the show. Are we going to be testing out a special skill of yours loss your amazing lip reading ability?
Speaker 5: I am I love watching with the TV's on hereing on mute obviously. So we're doing a radio show and I stare at them all the time and I think I know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like I've got teletext live. Yeah. Well, thanks to E. Spentley Dental Group, All Dental under one roof is a e B DG dot com dot AU loses Lips is coming up very soon. First, though, I've been invited to something.
Speaker 5: We've been invited to Yes, sorry, sorry mom, And this is an exclusive invitation amongst like three hundred and fifty people.
Speaker 2: So we've got a We've got a girl that works here at the station. We won't say names. Macy is her name, and she has been on a health kick for the last couple of months and before that.
Speaker 5: A lot of people have been doing health kicks of late.
Speaker 2: I know we're all on them, and so she hasn't been going out. She's been very She is the party animal of Nova, without doubt.
Speaker 5: The vibeesetter exactly. Yeah, Like if she's not going to the Christmas party, no one's going.
Speaker 2: To Christmas party. Yeah. And for the last two months, she's also been the mood killer around here because she has just been going to church and watching movies.
Speaker 5: She's been doing boxing and coming in every day telling us how wonderful.
Speaker 2: Learning videos like you're fit and healthy? Do you think I'm I don't want to be sitting on the couch at home eating cheesels, cruise and social watching videos off you're getting fit? Like you think that helps us? She is returning to her party animal glory to get Yeah. Well, this Saturday, she's getting it again. She has decided to host a house party. This isn't like a thirtieth no. Now, if I'm not a Byo barbecue, this is a not.
Speaker 5: A munch legitimate house party. And I might say I'm having a house party, right, and that might be six girls coming over for champagne and I'm like, I'm having a house.
Speaker 2: I would say I'm doing I'm doing Friday night drinks at my beers and the footy four people. Yeah, she asked us early in the week, hey do you reckon? I need to give the neighbors the heads up. At the start, I was like, you know what, I would drop a note around and a bottle of wine. I have now changed my opinion.
Speaker 5: She actually needs to buy them a new house.
Speaker 2: She needs to help them move because on Thursday, Lauren, she showed me a video.
Speaker 5: Oh I know.
Speaker 2: Of the lighting and DJ setup that. Oh, I hope it's not going to be as loud.
Speaker 5: There's like fifty that's more hectic than some nightclub setups I've been to.
Speaker 2: That is un believe. I've got a headache and we just played a ten second clip. How loud are they going to have it? At the part?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: They called us to drop wait a drop.
Speaker 5: I don't think I can go because I've got a fortieth to go to before. So if I turn up and the fortieth I'm going to wait for. This is a snow vintage ski thing.
Speaker 2: You definitely can't get it.
Speaker 5: If I turn up. I'm wearing snow boots, I said to Mace, And I'm going to be too hot to dance to that.
Speaker 2: What times this start? Are we thinking?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: A four thirty.
Speaker 5: Party starts at four? The one I'm going to love.
Speaker 2: Well At first when I heard house dring so I was like, Oh, might bring the kids? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Should we bring a bag of cheesels in a bottle of wine?
Speaker 2: I think people would be very point when there's cheese us in that we are too well for this.
Speaker 5: The party starts like nine, but it might take us back passed and picked me up from the ski party, and then we can roll in because.
Speaker 2: We mom and dad are hearing a cab.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need it might make us feel it might make us I think we're young.
Speaker 2: From I can't even say the word you know.
Speaker 5: Am I going to feel really old on Sunday?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You've done your back out? Will there be seats at the party?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is there a quiet room? Is one of those sensory rooms?
Speaker 2: Ma see? Is there some sort of quiet chill out zone and some seats like a couch because Lauren's done her back out?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. Have you cleared the furniture out of the house. We will get rid of the dining table.
Speaker 3: So there's a dancer and.
Speaker 5: What are we going to use as a podium.
Speaker 2: We're not going to be eaten.
Speaker 3: We're going to be dancing.
Speaker 2: I've got my feet hurt ready, I'm nervous, and you know what's going to happen. I'm going to rock up with like cause it's b yo. I'll rock up with some nice drinks and some bloody twenty one year old hillbillys on a bloody center link will siphon all my drinks and leave me some cheap UDL crew.
Speaker 5: If you do that, you siphon the good stuff into a camelback and we're it on a backpackage.
Speaker 2: Knock it down, camelback and have.
Speaker 5: The straw, and then you don't have to share your good stuff with the kids.
Speaker 2: We just walk around with a camel backpacker.
Speaker 5: You sure you want us to hear? Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: And what he gives a start? Seven.
Speaker 5: We don't want to be on in the Herald Sun like being associated with Corey the party boy of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: If police raid this joint, that's not going to be a good look for us.
Speaker 5: As I am super responsible.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a low key house party to celebrate my birthday.
Speaker 5: How many people, um, maybe one hundred at this point plus and then they'll plus plus like I'm bringing all the girls from the fortieth so that's at least another forty, right the modern Maria. Should we give up the address on it? No? Should I read I've got the invite? Should I read it out?
Speaker 2: No, I'm gone not for DJ again. Turn it down, wait for the drop mom, turn it down. Ah, we made it to Friday has just mentioned before this twenty year old's buddy house party, you and I have been invited to.
Speaker 5: Mum, I'm worried they've invited us. So something goes wrong, you know, and something goes wrong and you look to the adult.
Speaker 2: I'll wear the parents Oh so listen, I've just been on websites trying to pick my outfit. Shud I wear a band T shirt? Is that a cool thing? I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think they could be playing antellicat. I think it's more like it you need a fisher you know, or like it?
Speaker 2: Should I wear the fisher hat?
Speaker 5: Yeah? To follow the fish hat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, not the fishermen hat, the fish of the DJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a fisherman's hat.
Speaker 5: It looks just like Okay, so we're fitting. We're going to a twenty year old's house party, and that is living.
Speaker 2: Yeap?
Speaker 5: How long did it? I reckon? You and I going to walk in, walk out, and go let's go get Japanese. It'll be twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Thank you for.
Speaker 2: Being I don't want to be at the Japanese restaurant in the fisherman's hat. That'll be a bad look.
Speaker 5: Tune of myself.
Speaker 2: Hey, Melchrasina is in next Now you're going to any twenty year old's house parties on the weekend.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going to be in bed by a ten pm. It's going to be Don't worry. We're still going to the party.
Speaker 2: We'll be there three hours before it starts. Hey, what's coming up today?
Speaker 10: Mail?
Speaker 5: We've got some red room invites and of course more chances to get in the draw from there was cash car at a Star amazing, excellent.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend, Melbourne, and we will see you on Monday.
Speaker 5: Oh with all the battle scars from the house party we're.
Speaker 2: Going to Oh the stories we're going to have from the nineteen minutes where that thing will be unbelievable. Have a great weekend, go the days tonight. We'll see him Monday.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Bead, Gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren, Jason.
Speaker 5: Lauren wake up feeling good on Nomber one hundred. Jason Lauren Only them on Socials