Speaker 1: It is Outsider.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and welcome to Outsiders, the show that is to woke identity politics, what Vice President j d Vance is to the art of diplomacy?
Speaker 3: What do you mean by diplomacy? What are you talking about when you say the close?
Speaker 2: What do you even mean?
Speaker 4: Studio? And you disrespect the host the very stun You've.
Speaker 2: Got a very you've got You've got no cards, You've got you've got no cards, You've got no hands on the deck. You can't win, you can the only way. Let's go to the latest Outsiders news. Yes, the whole world is talking about the spat in the Oval office? Was it a setup? Was it not to set up? Who set up? Who? Was Zelenski? Who set up the others? Was a trumpel Vands? Who set up Zelenski? Who knows Rita and James? What did you make of it? What exciting television? Donald Trump was right about that.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was exciting television.
Speaker 5: And I've been just as excited and appalled by some of the so called analysis in the aftermath. Clear that most of those doing the analyzing haven't been bothered to watch the full fifty three minutes interaction because it wasn't just the last five or seven minutes, and it wasn't just the fifty three minutes. Is everything that has led up to that, and analyse Nielsen just did a very good bit of analysis on Sky News and it's one of the rare ones that you see in this from the Australian media.
Speaker 4: Because it is such surface levels born so much out of ignorance.
Speaker 5: If you've been paying attention to US politics over the last four years, certainly the last two years, nothing that happened should surprise you. The US's position, Donald Trump's position on Ukraine has been clear for years and the polling in the States backs that up. The American people do not want to fund this war. Now you might say that's not morally correct. We don't agree with that position. That's fine, but that is their position. They don't want to pay for this war. They want Europe to pick up the slack.
Speaker 2: I think he hit a really good point there is So the point is that you can still support Zelensky from a moral point of view. Russia should not have invaded. You can talk about the whole background, and that's a separate thing. But James, you know, you don't invade another country. So that's fine, Russia should not have invaded. But there's only two ways forward. One way is you stop the war. Now, you draw a line and you stop killing. The other way is one side has to win that war. Well, no one's going to defeat the Russians. You're just not going to do it. Maybe you never know, in some fantasy novel you could alternately, could the Russians defeat the Ukrainians. Probably, the reality is the war has to stop. And Zelensky was a fool not to take that moment, not to grab that moment and say this is it, let's finish the war.
Speaker 3: James, this was an absolute disaster for Zelenski. And the evidence was the Ukrainian ambassador to the United States was face palming during the press conference, because the whole conference is Zelenski is sitting there fidgeting. He wants to make a statement. This is Trump's press conference. Let Trump do his thing. But to try to argue your point and jd Vance didn't provoke this. Zelensky provoked it by trying to argue the case in front of everybody.
Speaker 6: You do that behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting you say that because it's almost like a microcosm of the war, who provoked who, who's start right, Who said diplomacy first? Who said this first?
Speaker 5: A deal that was being worked on that was enormously advantageous to Ukraine, and for some crazy reason, Zelenski di cided to renegotiate it in front of the world's media in the White House. Knowing the positions that Trump and Vance have on this entire issue, it was extraordinary. Now I do wonder whether it was calculated or whether it was just the White House calculat If you watch the full fifty three minutes, I don't think any sort of same person could say that, because he was goading them repeatedly, and Trump was uncharacteristically diplomatic for a good forty forty five minutes, sort of letting things go, and even JD. Vance let a lot go through to the keeper until it just got too much.
Speaker 4: And one thing we've.
Speaker 5: Got to talk about is again, morally, of course, Russia.
Speaker 4: Is in the wrong, Putin is in the wrong.
Speaker 5: They should not be invading a smaller country, They should not be taking advantage of the weakness in the White.
Speaker 4: House at that time to do that.
Speaker 5: But we've also got to look at the reality that as you said, Ukraine isn't going to win this war.
Speaker 4: We know that, So what are the options?
Speaker 5: And even some of the most art and pro Ukraine experts have clearly said there's three options. Either you give up and give putin what he wants. Obviously no one wants to do that. Or you continue this war. And if you actually want to win it, if you want Ukraine to win it, you've got to commit forces. You've got to commit ground forces, You've got.
Speaker 2: To commit a lot. As Donald Trump said, you've got a gamble world War three because the Russians, it's.
Speaker 4: Probably kind of sparked World War three.
Speaker 5: And really all those European countries who are coming and posting, tweeting about their support, even our own time minister, are you willing to send troops? Are you willing to send troops? Are you willing to spend a lot more money?
Speaker 2: Tops James, when you dig up a couple of old bushmus masters that are out in the desert there and it would stand in the petrol dieseling and send them be.
Speaker 5: Dragged kicking and screaming to or you do a deal. You do a deal that's advantageous to Ukraine. And that's where we were on the verge of and now that's been entirely jeopardized, more people are going to unnecessarily die.
Speaker 4: This war is going to be prolonged for what aim.
Speaker 2: Well, the aim is very clear. It all boils down to the idea of some kind of security. Trump believes that that security comes simply through having American investment, having Wall Street invested in Ukraine, with the raw earth minerals, that that by itself, not only the people who are working there, but also the security apparatus that would surround that is sufficient to deter the Russians. Zolenski believes that history tells him that's not the case. That's what the whole spat boiled down to. Let's take a quick look at a bit of it. Basically, where Trump is you pointing out his point of view.
Speaker 7: You went to Pennsylvania and campaigned for the opposition in October. Offer some words of appreciation for the United States of America and the president who's trying to save your country.
Speaker 8: He wants to make a deal. I don't know if you can make a deal. The problem is I've empowered you to be a tough guy, and I don't think you'd be a tough guy without the United States, and your people are very brave.
Speaker 1: But you're either going to make a deal or we're out.
Speaker 8: And if we're out, you'll fight it out. I don't think it's going to be pretty, but you'll fight it out. But you don't have the cards. But once we signed that deal, you're in a much better position. But you're not acting at all thankful. And that's not a nice thing. I'll be honest, that's not a nice thing. All right, I think we've seen enough. What do you think, Uh, this is going to be great television?
Speaker 4: Tell you it was great or he had to do.
Speaker 5: Zelenski to finalized this still was Wear a suit, show the respect to the Oval Office, to the White House, show up, have the negotiations behind closed doors, have a nice little meeting in front of the world's media, say some damning things about Putin and shake hands and walk away.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you how badly he went.
Speaker 5: Almost immediately after, one of his biggest backers, one of the people who has fought hardest for more funding for Ukraine, has stood by Zelenski's side, has been a long term friend of his despite other than just the political support, is Lindsey Graham, and he immediately disowned him, which shocked me because I thought he would come out and say it was disappointing, but we've got work to do. Let's just have a look at what Lindsey Graham said immediately after.
Speaker 6: What I saw in.
Speaker 9: The Oval office was respectful. And I don't know if we can ever do business with Zolensky again.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 9: I think most Americans saw a guy that they would not.
Speaker 6: Want to go in business with.
Speaker 9: The way he handle the meeting, the way he confronted the President was just over the top. So I think the relationship between Ukraine and America is important, vitally important. But can Zolensky do a deal with the United States after what I saw?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And he went on to say Zelenski would either have to step down or dramatically change his approach to try to salvage something here. So let's talk about what matters, because what matters is we want to end this war, and we want to stop having Ukrainians die needlessly, and we want to have an advantageous still for the for the Ukrainians who have suffered over three years.
Speaker 2: Having all the Europeans jumping in immediately armors there this morning with Zelenski. The King's going to be seeing Zelenski. So last week they were all courting Donald Trump. This week they're all rushing off to court Zelensky.
Speaker 3: And you're right, that's the irony for Zelensky is that Trump had just met with the French, he had met with the British, he'd met with the Polish. So Trump was set up having been sympathetic towards Europe. There was no need for Zelensky to now go in and poke the bear. And if you wanted to talk about the importance of security and all that Putin had done in breaking ceasefies, he could have talked straight to the media rather than taking the discussion to JD. Vance and taking them on. And that's the other interesting thing about this. You've now got a White House that will not be pushed around. Could you imagine Kamala Harris rather than JD.
Speaker 6: Vance. Could you imagine Biden and all that exactly.
Speaker 3: But now all world leaders are on notice. You go to the White House, you don't want to be foolish, because they will not tolerate fools, which may be a reason why Anthony Albaneze has not visited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's a great point, James. And it is a disgrace that our Benizi has zero relationship with Trump. Not surprising, but still the disgrace a penny Wong And I mean, we are just so on the nose with the modern American world, the new Pax American or if you like the new world of Donald Trump, we are just nowhere to be seen. I hope. Well that changes when Peter Dutton wins the election, which is going to do in a few weeks time.
Speaker 5: But this also goes to that speech, that groundbreaking speech we've spoken about on this program so much that jd Vance gave in Europe. Yes, there is a political realignment. Again, many political analysts may not like it. It doesn't matter if you don't like it. This is the reality. America is now an America first approach. They do not want to support endless wars overseas. They do not want to have a values that are in line with the European elite. They are not for open borders, they're not for green climate madness, they're not for the cultural stup socialism. Yeah, the uah European socialism. There is a divorce happening there. And again, this is something the American people voted for. Whether you like it or not is immaterial, and the polling on this has been very clear.
Speaker 2: It's really all that surprising, James, if you consider that in Europe they've gone down the route of net zero, which is basically just socialism climate change. They've de industrialized the great industrial nations of Europe, Germany and France and others. They've deindustrialized themselves. They're reliant on the US for military support and cash. They're aligned on the Russians for energy. They're socialists. They've got open borders that are destroying their welfare states, the complete antithesis to every single Donald Trump policy. So no wonder Donald Trump looks at them with absolute horror and go. And I think this is what the message from the White House yesterday was, Europe. You're on your own, take it away, you know your problem. You either do it the American way or where out and you can sort this mess.
Speaker 6: That was JD's message, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Why would we spend billions of dollars supporting people who don't share our values? And again I go back to Anthony Alberanzi. He's got a problem because his values don't exactly align with the Trump administration, and Anthony Albanzi does not want to be embarrassed on.
Speaker 6: The world stage. You ought to tread very carefully, I think.
Speaker 2: Well, in the direct opposition to Trump, I would say everything that Alberanzi stands for.
Speaker 4: Well pretty much.
Speaker 5: An He did come out strongly and make a statement about Australia and his support for Ukraine and President Zelenski, which is all good and well, but during a week when he's been utterly inept, he hasn't actually stood up for Australia Whilst we've got Chinese warships not far from our from our borders, doing god knows what without advising us, sometimes starting these very aggressive maneuvers and then telling us about it later. And he just seems to be shrugging the shoulders and going well, strictly speaking, they're not breaking any international laws, they're in international waters.
Speaker 4: Why they here and doing.
Speaker 5: These exercises so close to us? Obviously it is sending a message and it's not a friendly message. And I would like to see the Prime Minister be a little bit more animated, a little bit more outraged on our behalf and making a stand for Australia. That's I think would fill people with a great deal of confidence that the Prime Minister is seeing what's happening and he's not okay with it, and he's bold enough and strong enough to make that clear to the Chinese Communist Party instead of cowtowing to the Mendless.
Speaker 2: Well, Scott Morrison has come out and said that he finds Albow's reaction to the Chinese extremely disturbing. And of course Scott Morrison was great and standing up to the Chinese and that was one of the highlights, actually one of the best things that Scott Morrison did. But James, we've now got the news that Peter Dutton is saying this morning thirty five jets, billions of dollars to be spent on that, and that's a good time to come out with this announcement Albanizi and the Chinese weak stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad Dutton's buying stealth fighter jets. Elbow would probably come out and buy a few new virgin jets so we could have some virgin pilots controlling the borders.
Speaker 6: I just could not.
Speaker 3: Believe the fiasco we had this week where we are assured by government ministers that you know, we had the highest level of surveillance. If you are surveilling Chinese warships and you don't notice their firing live round.
Speaker 2: You don't notice them, ye, and that's the highest.
Speaker 6: Level of surveillance.
Speaker 3: And Richard Marles the Defense Minister to say that, well, this wasn't a real threat, therefore our response is irrelevant and does not matter. I mean that's what he said. He said it wasn't a real threat. It was so real forty seven jets had to be diverted. I'm pretty sure commercial airliners thought it was a real threat. The other thing that the Defense Minister said is he said it's not a concern that our close allies New Zealand, who were partnering with us in this valance, didn't get the message to us until what was it forty to fifty minutes later, and he dismissed that as unimportant. It gives you zero confidence in this government's ability to defend us at all.
Speaker 5: Absolutely well, that didn't even seem to have the will, let alone do we even have their ability to do this? And I'll be talking about this after the break, but Australia possibly should stop antagonizing some of our greatest allies during this period because just finally, on what Albanezi said in terms of the Ukraine Deal, we're also negotiating an exemption to tariffs against Australians still aluminium. Again, I would just advise some caution because Australia's interests should be at the very top of the prime minister's priority list, above everything else, Above virtue signaling about tweeting out something that he thinks is going to be popular. What he's got to be interested about is Australia First strategy. You might want to call it something else because that sounds a bit like the Trump agenda, but this is what Australians want. We want to have a prime minister that prioritizes our country and our interest and our living standards and our safety above all else. And I don't think any sort of reasonable person can look at the last two and a half years and say.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, absolutely, I agree. Virtually everything this government is doing is completely at odds with the future path this nation needs to take. And this nation needs to get on building up our mining, building up our agriculture, building up our investment, tracting money from around the world into a country which should be the greatest place to do business, which should be the greatest place to invest your mining or agricultural dollars in, and instead we're doing the complete opposite. We're making it as difficult as possible for investment to come here. We're driving it away. We are you know, this government is so bad it's got to go. But we've got to make sure that the coalition does a much much better job of putting as Rita says, Australia First.
Speaker 5: One of the most underreported stories I think at the moment, James, is the fact that we are in a recession, a per capita recession. We've been in it for what's seven quarters now. That is something that impacts the living standards of Australians. This is something that hurts everyday Australians, and it seems to be almost forgotten about.
Speaker 4: We have an influx of migrants coming in.
Speaker 5: Who artificially boost the GDP figures, so we'll say, oh, well, we're not really in recession, but the figure that matters is the per capita data, and per capita we are in recession.
Speaker 4: We have been for some time.
Speaker 3: And if Anthony Albersi was hoping that tiny interest rate drop was going to make a scrap of difference to anybody's life, let alone voting intention in the next couple of months.
Speaker 6: He's kidding himself.
Speaker 3: The other interesting thing this week was Jim Chalmers was out selling the government'sconomic message because, according to reports, Labors insiders weren't confident of the Prime Minister's ability to sell his own economic policies. So this does not bode well for Anthony Albanezi if he's lucky enough to win the next election. His own team now just don't believe he's capable of selling their message.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not capable of selling any message. I mean, let's be honest.
Speaker 5: But let's tell the voice with all the support he had and all the corporate support, all the actor saw that money and lost what sixty forty Now.
Speaker 2: Let's go over to the States to Shamika Michelle who joins us. Shamiker, always great to chat to you. You're right there at the moment, in the heart of it. Or what did you did you enjoy the spectacle the great television from the great television maestro himself, Donald Trump. You thought the Apprentice was good? Here's the Oval Office brought to us all what's the feeling in America? As Rita was saying beforehand, Americans relieved that Donald Trump stood up to Zelensky and said, We're not going to be spending any more money on you. You've got to make a piece. Still, what's the attitude in America, Shamaika?
Speaker 11: Yeah, obviously the left is having a fit, right, They're crazy. They are going to go against everything simply because they don't care about the American people. If it was up to them, we would just keep sending billions and billions of dollars over to Ukraine while Americans actually suffer and can barely pay for eggs. But for the rest of us, those of us who have common sense in any type of sanity, we are so grateful for President Trump.
Speaker 4: This, what we saw this.
Speaker 11: Display in the White House yesterday is exactly what we voted for him for. We want someone who is tough, someone who is going to put America first, and someone who's just not afraid to be hated. Trump is not afraid for people to criticize him, and we appreciate that. And for those of us that campaigned over the last four years after what happened, in twenty twenty four. We are really just basket and glory right now, we are so happy.
Speaker 5: Well, this is what a lot of people don't understand Shamika, particularly here in Australia, that this wouldn't have come as an enormous surprise to Americans. This was something that Donald Trump has talked about, is campaigned about. They don't want to see billions going from America to Ukraine, no matter how good that cause may be. It is something that the American public have changed their mind on because back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Two there was support.
Speaker 5: For the amount of funding that was going to Ukraine, but even by last year it was clear it was only a minority position. So tell me about that change where people were quite happy for America to fund Ukraine's defense, but now they have said no more.
Speaker 11: You know, I think for those who actually initially supported it, they didn't really expect it.
Speaker 4: To be the amount that it has been.
Speaker 11: Not only that, you have to remember we've had an influx of illegal immigrants that have come across that have just really put a burden on things, and people are angry. People in the inner cities have said, hey, you're bringing all of these illegal immigrants in they get you know, checks, and they get all of this cash. We're sending all of this money to Ukraine. And I really think all of those things compiled is why Trump won and it's why the Democrats lost. And I do think some of the Democrats are saying, hey, wait a minute, what's going on, or just some of the more sensible Republicans. But there are people like myself whose pockets have always been touching a little pit, that have been a little thin, that never wanted this money to go anywhere but to those here in America in need. Like I understand that we have to do some type of foreign aid and we have to help people in need at times, but it's just.
Speaker 4: Been a lot.
Speaker 11: Biden was a terrible president, and he really cared more about putting himself in a better stance, I think, with his own personal pockets than actually doing what we needed him to do in America for Americans. And so I think it's just a compiled, a compiled amount of things that people are saying, no more, we're tired, and something has to change here. You know, when eggs are thirteen dollars a dozen, I think people are just saying something has to change. If we have this amount of money, let's funnel it into those who are most in need.
Speaker 3: James Schamiker give us an insight into the thinking of Donald Trump. I mean, he referred to Zelenski as a dictator. Then he kind of walked that back. Trump had made a big deal about the fact he was going to bring peace. He's since tweeted after this meeting that Zelensky's not ready for peace. He should come back when he's ready. Where does this go from here? What's Trump's thinking on the future of this negotiation?
Speaker 11: You know, I really think Trump just didn't like the disrespect. If we watch from the beginning of the meeting, uh, Zelensky was already disrespectful, the way he came in, dressed, his body language. There were times when Trump said something and Zolensky he rolled his eyes up in his head, or he would mess with his nose, or it's like he was completely uncomfortable with the things that was being said. So I can only imagine if I'm watching this in what I'm seeing, what the energy.
Speaker 2: Was like in the room.
Speaker 11: So I think if he actually comes back with a different approach, then perhaps Trump is going to steal you go after the help because I do think think.
Speaker 4: Trump wants the war to stop.
Speaker 11: I do think that he's concerned about the people and he wants to make a peace deal. But Trump is just not the type of man that's gonna let someone disrespect them, and I think Zolensky came in with the ultimate Napoleon complex, just being very disrespectful from the start, and I think that Trump is not having it. Thank God, we have a very outspoken Vice president JD. Vance is not having it. And I think that Zolensky needs to go back, think about his actions and come forward with the appreciation that they said he should have, because he should, and I think he just hasn't had to have that before. He was able to come and say whatever he wanted to during the Biden administration, and now those things have changed. So but I do think that Trump really wants the war to stop and he's ready to help with a peace deal. But Zolensky has to get over himself, and he needs to do it quickly.
Speaker 5: It seems like Zelenski is not fully appreciating that the people he needs most are no longer in power. So he's got all the Europeans and countries around the world who are full of praise, but they're not going to send troops, they're not going to send money, they're not going to arm Ukraine, so they're not going to.
Speaker 4: Help his war war effort.
Speaker 5: And obviously the Democrats are very receptive to his message. But now there's a change in administration, it seems Tamika, he went in there not appreciating. I think Trump made the comment about you're not holding too many cards winning cards. He's not holding cards. Ukraine needs America. America doesn't need Ukraine, And sadly that's just the reality of the situation.
Speaker 11: That's the reality. And hopefully Zolenski actually comes, you know, we would call it a come to Jesus meeting. Hopefully he has a come to Jesus meeting and he understands that there is a new sheriff in town. And after what Trump has been through over the last eight years, I think this administration or this term is going to be a lot different than what we saw when he was in office in twenty sixteen. I really think that a lot of the promises that he has made, he's going to do everything in his power to keep them for the American people, and so I just think, you know, Zelenski didn't know what he was walking into. I do think he has a chance to turn it around. But I'm just grateful that we have a president that will not be walked over. He will be respected, and for those of us who voted for him, we will have his back every step of the way.
Speaker 2: Now, Shamiker, you mentioned the price of eggs thirteen dollars a dozen more than a dollar an egg? How long does Donald Trump have before public sentiments sort of says, well, when the price is coming down. He forced on you know, one of his platforms was that Biden's inflation was out of control. When do the you know, the average American household, are they expecting prices to come down or do they just think it's now rusted in and that's it.
Speaker 11: No, I do think people are expecting for it to come down. If you're on the left, he was a week end and they was saying, oh, it's been you know what happened to voting for him to bring the prices down? And most of us were like, he's been in office a week, you know. So I do think again, those of us that actually have common sense are going to give it some time, but we do want to see that he's making the effort to make the changes, and I think that he is. They are actually aware of how much egg prices are.
Speaker 4: They're aware of.
Speaker 11: How much everything costs right now, and so I do think that we're going to begin to see some changes simply because they care. We didn't have that when Biden was in office. They just kept telling us, oh, prices are not high, and those of us going to the grocery store were like, you know, it is high. But this is the difference with this administration. Trump knows, he sees, and he cares, and so I do expect the prices to start coming down, and I think he'll have some time with sensible Americans again. The other side, they've been complaining since a week in office, and I just think we're gonna hear them complain for the next four years. Eggs could go back to being seventy seven cent a dozen, and then they're still going to complain the shell isn't white enough or brown enough, or it's gonna be something. It's always something.
Speaker 2: Mega, Michelle, you know the left only too well. You've seen it all. Thanks so much for chatting to us. From the States from North Carolina. Thanks after the break, Greeta's reality check. What's more here on Outsiders Don't Go Away.
Speaker 5: You're watching Outsiders with your host Rowan Dean, James McPherson, and I'm Rita Panny And soon we'll be delving into the wacky world of academia and how your taxes are funding more anti Australian, anti Western civilization activism.
Speaker 4: But first, some awful news.
Speaker 5: Fanthony albanezy this morning as the latest polling shows he is facing an electoral backlash in Victoria, once so severe that it could see the Socialist Republic of Victoria deliver.
Speaker 4: The most seats to Peter Dutton. Yes.
Speaker 5: According to today's red Bridge polling, Labor's facing an electoral disaster and Victoria and risks losing eight seats to the Coalition in marginal seats including Aston, Casey, Chisholm, Krangermite and Mensi's. Labour's two party preferred vote has gone from fifty one point four percent of the last election to four twenty three percent.
Speaker 4: That's the two party preferred If Redbridge's data.
Speaker 5: Is accurate and they are a Labor aligned polling company, well, Labor are in all sorts of trouble in Victoria, and already they're all throwing each other under the bus, with Labor insiders telling the Herald Son it's all Dan Andrews and just into Allen's fault. The polling in today's paper shows that in a cost of living election, it's Peter Dutton's Liberal National Coalition that voters trust most when it comes to economic matters. On crucial issues like cost of living and housing, as well as crime and health, the coalition is ahead of Labor. So expect to see another medi scare style campaign coming from the ALP at this election, and expect to see more absurd hit pieces on Peter Dutton and his supposed property portfolio, or to try to prop up the Prime Minister, who now trails the Opposition leader on a range of issues. The poll shows that the Opposition leader leads the PM on strength, ability to inspire, hope, shared values with voters, and he is also considered to have the better economic plan for Australia. That characteristic strength and also shared values. That's a big one and we've seen that over the past seventeen months, not just in domestic policy, with Labour's race obsessions, but also with the country's foreign policy.
Speaker 4: Where Labor has disgracefully.
Speaker 5: Abandoned a key ally at the UN during their darkest days, Israeli's reeling from October seven, the biggest slaughter of Jews since the Holocaust, have watched a gas as former staunch ally in Australia has waivered. We've been weak, inconsistent, sometimes even antagonistic. At home, there's been an unwillingness from Labor, from the Prime Minister down to meaningfully address the scourge of anti Semitism.
Speaker 4: But it's on the global.
Speaker 5: Stage WHEREABA has really disgraced itself and Australia by splitting from the US and Israel at the United Nations on critical votes that impact the only Jewish state. This week we learned that Foreign Minister Penniwong had failed to meet the Israeli representatives, including Benjamin Ettinyahoo at the UN in September, but she managed to sit down with representatives from the Palestine, Palestinian Authority and Iran, Yes, the same Iran that's the chief backer of terrorist groups including Hamas and Hezbila. Wog then saw fit to lecture Israel about a two state solution and demanded a clear timeline for the international declaration of Palestinian statehood, a fantasy at the best of times, but particularly during the time of war.
Speaker 4: Australia then broke away.
Speaker 5: From Israel and the US Abbogist allies and abstained from a Palestinian resolution. But as we've discussed on this program, Labour's betrayal.
Speaker 4: Of Israel was about to get worse.
Speaker 5: By December, thanks to Anthony Albanesi and Penny Wong, Australia had gone from being a staunche supporter of Israel to one that abstains from crucial votes to siding with the bullies. At the UN, Australia voted in favor of the resolution demanding Israel bring to an end its unlawful presence in the Occupied Palestine territory as rapidly as possible as shameful capitulation. You can say plenty about Opposition leader Peter Dutten's refusal to lean into some important debates, but he has been consistent and clear eyed when it comes to Israel and the rise of antisemitism. He has shown moral courage and clarity, sadly lacking in the PM and Foreign Minster Wong. It's a little wonder that the polling shows that even one from a labour aliened firm shows that the PM trails Peter Dutton when it comes to strength and values. The Albanesi government should feel great shame for the way it has treated Israel during its darkest days.
Speaker 4: Now, by no means will this be a key election issue.
Speaker 5: We understand that for the overwhelming majority of Australians it's not the key election issue, but it signals weakness and that ineptitude. That broken far left ideology of modern labor is evident elsewhere and Australia deserves better.
Speaker 2: Brilliant Thanks Rita, and you're one hundred percent correct. When the Albanesi government is gone, the Albanesi one government has gone, which will be pretty soon. The legacy it leaves is the appalling treatment of Israel, but also of Australian Jews. No government has done so little for Australian Jews, and in fact, no government has done so much to encourage the disgusting outbreaks of anti Semitism which we have seen in this country. That sits firmly on the heads of anti Albanesian penny. Make no mistake, throw into the mix the teals who signed that letter. I have the letter that they all signed calling for more of your money to go to Aunwa. We now know that Aunoir is basically a front for Hamas, so Australian tax dollars were going to pay for slay. But here, closer to home, yet again, more anti semitism on the streets of Sydney. We saw the other evening a very popular cafe in Rose Bay in Sydney, in the Eastern Suburbs. I've been to the cafe. It's a great cafe, does the best bagels in Sydney. Jesse's Cafe. It's called Smashed Windows and scenes reminiscent of Crystal Nach. They had their windows smash the other evening. There's the photo of it. Absolutely disgusting. I hope someone is arrested and I hope they are brought to account. But can I just make a plea to anyone who's in the Eastern Suburbs, either today or over the next couple of days. Jesse's Cafe does, as I said, the best bagels in Sydney. It's open till three o'clock Thesavo. It's opened during the week. Go along say that outside has asked you to go along, spend as much money as you can there and show these bastards who are wandering our streets and vandalizing Jewish shops and businesses that we the Australian people, do not stand for it. So go to Jesse's Cafe. It's there in the old south Head Road in Sydney today. Turn up the savo, have a few bagels, have a coffee at a great time. But let's show these bastards that we're not going to stand for it at all. Anyway. We've also seen all sorts of other scenes, James. We've seen the most disgraceful scenes outside schools. I don't even want to go into it. How Australia ever got to a point where we have basically full blown Islamist rhetorica being spewed out hatefully from our schools just disgust me.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, yeah, I mean those scenes were absolutely shocking that you could have children yelling those sort of slogans from this schoolyard, encouraged by activists standing on the street who are given cut blanche opportunity to encourage those kids. It's not the Australia, any of us knew ten fifteen years ago. You know, you talk about Jesse's cafe at Rose Bay there, and the really sad thing is you were talking is I'm thinking, what sixteen eighteen months ago that would have been shocking, but you're relaying that news and it's just not that shocking anymore. It's an everyday occurrence. And who would have ever thought we would be in this position. It's just disgusting and it's not the Australia we want, and you're absolutely right, it's not good enough for people to be privately disgusted. The only way to push back is to do what you suggested, go and support Jewish people when they are persecuted like that, and show tangibly we are with you. It's not just a quiet conversation between us. Tangibly, we're helping to push back.
Speaker 5: Well, talking about cafes, I remember December being in a cafe in Israel right close to the Palace to the Gaza border, and it was a crowded cafe and there was a group of us there from Australia, probably six or seven and people were asked where are you guys from said Australian, and there's like do you hate us like everyone else in Australia.
Speaker 4: That was the comment back the.
Speaker 2: Rest entirely on Albanisian wong entirely, that's all down to their appalling leadership.
Speaker 5: The treatment of Jews in this country, the tolerance we've had for anti Semitism from authorities, including state police forces and.
Speaker 4: The Prime Minister down.
Speaker 5: This normalization of anti Semitism almost has definitely had an impact on Australia's standing in Israel. They think this is a widespread view. They don't understand sometimes because all these reports coming out one.
Speaker 4: After another after another.
Speaker 5: They don't understand. This is a small radical friinge. This does not represent the views of everyday Australian. So in that cafe they were very happy to learn that. But the perception of Australia has changed dramatically.
Speaker 2: In Isidae, and Australians also have to understand that it might be the Jewish Cafe or Green Races or whatever this week, the bagel shop, whatever. But if these bullies and thugs like the Nazis in the nineteen thirties can get away with it with the Jesse's Cafe or anywhere else, don't think they're not coming for you.
Speaker 3: Because they will ron just on that you and I had an opportunity to meet with the Israeli ambassador to Australia, and without telling tales out of school, one of the interesting things he said was he said he was most concerned not by the usual suspects sprouting anti Semitism, but he said he was shocked by the silence of the majority of Australians. And I thought that was a really poignant point and it just reminded me how much it does mean to the Jewish community when just normal, everyday, quiet Australians actually speak a word of encouragement, get involved in on.
Speaker 2: The south Head Road, Jesse's Cafe, head on down there ret We had some great reporting by Shari on her excellent program. I urged you to watch it. Of an evening, Tony Burke has been told or urged to block Australians returning from the hez Boler leader's funeral. I mean, I'm sorry, if that's not automatic grounds for canceling your citizenship, banging you off out of this country. I'm not sure what is Oh, where are you going on my trip abroad? Oh, I'm off to the Hezboller funeral. I'm going to take some flowers and sit there at Israela's whatever his name was. I mean, seriously, it is. We've got people like Georgia Maloney, the Italian Prime Minister. Brilliant job she's doing, but she's raising the question about the Islamification of Europe and it's something that Australia needs to consider as well.
Speaker 5: I would argue, well, we've got an election coming up and they are very much worried about several western Sydney seats with significant Muslim populations. So I don't think Tony Burke will be taking this.
Speaker 4: Suggestion on just quietly.
Speaker 5: I don't think you'll be doing anything on that issue whatsoever, because it's a numbers game.
Speaker 4: I think that's how they look at it.
Speaker 5: A lot of it is motivated, obviously by self interest, by wanting to hold onto those seats, but I think it's also ideological when it comes to modern labor. It's not just well, there's eight times I think more people in the Muslim community than there are in the Jewish community in Australia and they tend to be in these seats. I think it is deeply ideological. They have this far left, anti West, anti Israel view. It's this worldview that is just prevalent amongst the left around the world now and it's hard to have them see.
Speaker 4: Things differently from that.
Speaker 5: Because we did think, even with this government that they were going to remain consistent when it came to the UN in backing Israel, but no, they went very quickly from voting with Israel to abstaining to then voting with.
Speaker 4: The Bullies. Essentially, when you.
Speaker 3: Mentioned Tony Burke being reluctant to do anything because of course they are looking at those Western Sydney seats and you mentioned a school in Granville Boys High, I mean that's in Jason Clair's electorate and he's the Education Minister and he was asked by The Australian to comment on those dreadful scenes at the school and surprise, surprise, Jason Claire never got back to The Australian with any comment, and of course he didn't. But when you've got the Education Minister not commenting on scenes like that in schools because it affects his electorate, you've got a real problem.
Speaker 2: We've got three thousand people coming in from Gaza, We've got thousands coming in from Afghanistan and elsewhere. Well, Australians have got to decide. We've got an election coming up. You've got to decide, folks, this is the future for Australia. You want go and vote for it, or you can vote against it. That's the beauty of a.
Speaker 4: Democracy, so vote against it.
Speaker 5: And we can also actually have values like assimilation that are celebrated as opposed to de crite. There's nothing wrong with saying if you want to come to this country, you're welcome, but you live by our values.
Speaker 4: You leave behind.
Speaker 5: Whatever hatreds, whatever backward attitudes you might have, whatever your cultural position is, that is in conflict with us.
Speaker 4: We trump, we trumpet.
Speaker 2: You want to live here caruelled assimilation, it's called integration, and the left regarded as racism. So there you go. Assimilation and integration used to be the policies of this country. Labor and the left got rid of all that and the liberals went along with it. There you go, after the rate. Lots more coming up. See you in a teach you're watching Outsiders, and thank you so much for watching us every Sunday morning here with Rita and with James McPherson filling in for the other James makes our life easier when there's James James. James James, it's the rule.
Speaker 4: We have only another James can.
Speaker 2: Feeling net Zany the insane world of net zero. I love reading these things because they get funnier and funnier, and they don't realize how funny. Let me just read this to you. The Climate Council ozs the hot spot's too dangerous to live in by twenty ninety. And this is a real estate dot com dot au thing, the rise of lethal heat. It's now lethal heat reader. I thought we the global boiling that went out onto lethal heat hitting pockets of Australia has been forecaster driver reverse migration from the nations north to itself, starting in as little as five years. Oh my goodness, the data shows there will be I mean it's twenty ninety, but it starts in five years. Their maths ain't that good for the real estate to counsel. I'm surprised or whoever they are, the Massive Council Climate Council, Well, they're both involved in it worst case scenario for climate change. And then they go on and on with all the hot spots and where not to buy a house because of climate change starting in five years time. It always starts in five years time, but twenty ninety is when you're going to be look out where.
Speaker 5: The lethalness comes in. Yes, well this is just fantastics. We've got this genius crew who obviously got together and worked out that it gets pretty hot in Australia during summer in the north.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well done on that.
Speaker 5: As parts of Australia you have you couldn't live in really in the summer.
Speaker 3: Now, and the boss of the Climate Council says that he's got staff who are already moving to Tasmania to escape the lethal heat that starts in yet.
Speaker 5: A visa process people that can't come back to the mainland.
Speaker 2: Now, Well, modeling, I love modeling because you know it's not necessarily true. I was going to I have to put them not necessarily, but anyway, modeling finds Victoria gas policy would result in emissions reductions of eighteen million tons. That sounds all dandy until you get to the cost of twenty two billion dollars. I was talking rich earlier about the way we are destroying the prosperity of this country, the economic ability of this country to make money, and this is just a classic example. So you the Victorians rita up twenty two billion. Now, where does that money come from? Jacinra Allen doesn't have it. It comes out of the pocket of every single Victorian who has to go to work, get up early, have a job, working at whatever they're doing, to pay money that then gets squandered by these idiots twenty two billion to reduce some carbon emissions, which will never make any difference to anything, because China, even if you care about carbon emissions, which I don't, but if you do, China is just emitting way more than whatever. And the rest of the world.
Speaker 5: Victus wouldn't they They're building coul fire plants all over the place, so there's going to be more than twelve hundred dollars per time.
Speaker 4: This is just crazy stuff. And in a state like Victoria.
Speaker 5: Where we are sitting on hundreds of years, if not thousands of years of reserve, but we're not doing the exploration, and the gas bills of Victorians are astronomical.
Speaker 4: And we have the biggest state debt in the country.
Speaker 5: So you know, it's the trifecta right there. We're winning on refront. It is sad, It really is just sounds.
Speaker 2: To a little bit of wacademia. Yes, it's the wacky world of academia, James. And I'm a settler. I just learned I'm a settler. That's true. My ancestors were settlers, but I'm a settler now as well. James, tell us all about what we're learning at mcquari univer Well, I've.
Speaker 3: Got first hand experience of this wrong because one of my sons goes to Macquarie Universe. So I do want him to be a communists studying physiotherapy. But to complete his physio degree, he has to go through a module on First Nations cultural appreciation and on sustainability. And as part of this first nation's cultural appreciation module, he and other students are being told that they are settlers and guests in this country. My question is, of course, if my sons are guests in this country, what country do they actually call home?
Speaker 2: Well, they don't. And this is the point, that's the whole point of this entire welcome to country acknowledgment of country. It is telling you you don't belong here. Now, this isn't just some oh let's be nice and touch you feely do a little bit of smooth an idiot monique rhyme, who're albo breathing in all the smoking. I mean, what morons seriously. But the downside is that they are telling you you don't own your property, you don't have any kind of sovereignty over this place. The money you're paying on your mortgage doesn't it's not yours. You don't belong here. You're a guest, you're a settler, and they will get rid of you if they can. That's what the whole agenda is about. And you're a moron if you don't see it retail.
Speaker 4: It is so clear.
Speaker 5: It's just saying Australia is not legitimate because it was an evasion day. It wasn't you know where we came here and we slaughtered the locals, and our presence here is not legitimate.
Speaker 4: And yes, you're.
Speaker 5: Always, was, always will be the welcome to countries, acknowledgment of countries. It's just a polite way of saying, go back to where you came from. That's as a migrant to this country. That's how I've always received that. That's exactly what basically, and welcome someone to their own home. So and this is my home. I'm Australian. I don't need anybody else because of their ethnicity to tell me that I'm welcome here.
Speaker 2: And full marks to Leah.
Speaker 6: You asked me how to pronounce your name before the show.
Speaker 4: I had a.
Speaker 6: Perfect rowan and now I've blown it.
Speaker 2: Leah the Territory.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: Well done for refusing to do the welcome of the country this week on the grounds that it wasn't necessary. We've all been rehearsing your name because we're going to be hearing a lot more about you because you're obviously a very talented Well done. Well done, Thank you, James. We'll take a short in a tick on Outsiders. Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita Panahee and with James McPherson filling in for James Morrow for exciting years. James McPherson's going to be with us for the next few weeks because James Morrow has a brilliant show. Every Sunday evening Campaign Confidential from six to seven pm. You'll get all the best analysis of the forthcoming Australian election and what all result it's going to be. My tip is Peter Dutton's going to win it, but James Morrow doing that every Sunday night in Jameson First, and we're thrilled to have him here on Outsiders for the next few weeks until the election, which will be great. Now all the world's are stage, and all the men and women nearly players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts. That is, of course, from Shakespeare's As you like it, No matter how you prefer your theatrical deliance comedy, tragedy, high drama, or a combination of all free it has certainly felt this week like we're living in some crazy Hollywood movie with the dramatic twists and turns the villains and the heroes. On the shakespe Experience stage of Donald Trump's Oval office, there have been the court jesters bearing letters from the King.
Speaker 12: It is my pleasure to bring from His Majesty the King a letter.
Speaker 10: He sends his.
Speaker 1: Best wishes and his regards, of course, but.
Speaker 12: He also asked me to bear this letter and bring it to you. So can I present a letter from m King?
Speaker 1: Take you very much supposed to read it right now?
Speaker 2: Please do it, and along with the ad libbing, no shortage of great one liners.
Speaker 12: Between our two countries. That is why this is the greatest alliance for prosperity and security I think the world has ever seen. Whenever necessary, we absolutely backed each other up.
Speaker 1: And that's could you take on by yourselves?
Speaker 2: Well, Starmer is, of course an actor of unparalleled abilities, able to portray a sense of bonomy and rapport with a man who only a few short years ago he couldn't bear sight of.
Speaker 12: Of course, I wouldn't want Donald Trump round for dinner, But don't underestimate the danger to the world if Trump is re elected this time around.
Speaker 10: I'm anti Trump.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. Of course it's very different now with mister Starmer playing the role to perfection of Donald Trump's greatest admirer. Just watch the body language.
Speaker 12: Well, I haven't got yet, it is your answer.
Speaker 1: I do need the entry.
Speaker 2: Lots of laughs, but eager to change the dramatic values. Trump's vice president J. D. Evans deliberately threw a spanner in the works and raised the curtain on that irksome topic of free speech.
Speaker 1: I said what I said, which is that we do, have, of.
Speaker 7: Course a special relationship with our friends in the UK and also with some of our European allies.
Speaker 10: But we also know that there have.
Speaker 7: Been infringements on free speech that actually affect not just the British, of course what the British doing their own country is up to them, but also affect American technology companies and by extension, American citizens. So that is something that we'll talk about today at launching.
Speaker 12: We've had every speech for a very very long time in the United Kingdom and it.
Speaker 1: Will last for a very very long time.
Speaker 12: Well no, I mean, certainly we wouldn't want to reach across US citizens and we don't know that's absolutely right. But in relation to free speech in the UK, I'm very proud of our history.
Speaker 2: There free speech. You have been warned, Coalition, But I digress. As with any good Shakespeare in comedy, Look who was waiting backstage to steal the show conditional law, Yes, a lot of Zelenski himself, the former Ukrainian dancer and comedian who starred in a sitcom about a Ukrainian comedian who becomes the President of Ukraine and then well he became the President of Ukraine. Well he arrived at White House determined to steal the show. But first what should he wear?
Speaker 10: Why don't you wear a suit?
Speaker 1: Why don't you wear a suit.
Speaker 9: You're the highest level in this country's office, and you refuse to wear a suit.
Speaker 1: I just want to see if you do own a suit.
Speaker 2: And sadly, it was all downhill from there, but not before we got a few insights into what the Deal of the Century is really all about. Here's the lead actor.
Speaker 8: Well, if I didn't align myself with both of them, you never have a deal. He wants me to say really terrible things about Putin and then.
Speaker 1: Say, Hi, Vladimir, how are we doing on the deal. That doesn't work that way. I'm not aligned with Putin. I'm not aligned with anybody.
Speaker 8: I'm aligned with the United States of America and for the good of the world, I'm aligned with the world, and I want to get this thing over with. You see the hatred he's got for a Putin. That's very tough for me to make a deal with that kind of hate. You's got tremendous hatred, and I understand that, but I can tell you the other side is exactly in love with you, know.
Speaker 1: Hem there.
Speaker 2: The art of the understatement. And then we got this from mister Trump's understudy, JD.
Speaker 7: Vance, The Path to Peace and the path to prosperity is maybe engaging in diplomacy. We tried the pathway of Joe Biden, of thumping our chest and pretending that the President of the United States's words mattered more than the President of the United States's actions. What makes America a good country is America engaging in diplomacy.
Speaker 1: That's what President Trump is doing.
Speaker 2: And that's when it really started to go wrong. The d word diplomacy. For reasons that he may now regret, President Zelenski decided to go off script and somewhat undiplomatically, but probably correctly, pointed out that diplomacy needs to be backed up by security guarantees. Whatever the intention, it missed the mark.
Speaker 1: What kind of diplomacy gg us gambo? What do mean? I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: The kind of diplomacy that's going to end the destruction of your country.
Speaker 2: Part of the script may have been lost in translation. There are many on social media claiming that Zelenski muttered the Ukrainian word for bitch under his breath, which may or may not be true. But we did see this cameo. Reaction from Zelensky's ambassador as things rapidly descended into chaos.
Speaker 1: Said you, because people have all his fired what they.
Speaker 2: See from there on in, it only went downhill, with Zelenski determined to give a history lesson of almost certainly legitimate Ukrainian ingrievances. Jd Vance determined to get Zelensky to show some gratitude to the American people for the lazy three hundred and fifty billion dollars they have so far stumped up, and Trump eager not to be upstaged.
Speaker 8: Don't tell us why we're going to feel. We're trying to solve a problem. Don't tell us what we're going to feel.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling you because you're in no position to dictate that. You remember this, You're in.
Speaker 8: No position to dictate what we're going to feel.
Speaker 1: We're gonna feel very good, feel influenced. We are going to feel very good and very strong. It will feel influenced. You're right now, not in a very good position.
Speaker 8: You've allowed you to be in a premad position that he's apples.
Speaker 1: To be right about the very beginning of the war. Not in a good position. You don't have the cards right now with us. You start having right now.
Speaker 2: You see spread you're gambling.
Speaker 8: Lives, billions of people see you're gambling with World War three.
Speaker 2: But in all the talking over each other, finger pointing and amateur theatrics, JD. Vance may have accidentally let slip what was behind much, or at least most of the grievance.
Speaker 7: You went to Pennsylvania and campaigned for the opposition in October. Offer some war of appreciation for the United States of America and the president who's trying to save your country.
Speaker 2: Yes, whether he had any other choice or not, Zelensky backed the wrong horse by appearing to be supporting Kamala Harris during the presidential election campaign, a catastrophic miscalculation which had the Republicans crying foul at the time, But back to center stage in the Oval Office where the raised voices and shouting over each other may have been full of sound and fury, but ultimately did it signify very little.
Speaker 1: Your country is in big trouble. I know you're not winning. You're not winning this.
Speaker 8: You have a damn good chance of winning out Okay, because of the president.
Speaker 1: We're saying, Yowa country staying strong.
Speaker 2: From the very beginning of the war, we've been alone and.
Speaker 8: We are thankle I said, and he gave you this stupid president, three hundred and fifty billion dollars.
Speaker 1: You will. We gave your military and you met are brave. But they had used our military one in your vest.
Speaker 8: If you didn't have our military equipment, If you didn't have our military equipment, this war would have been over in two weeks.
Speaker 1: In two days, I.
Speaker 2: Heard it from Putin in three days.
Speaker 1: This is how vegulest.
Speaker 2: And in that climactic exchange we learned the truth. Zelenski appears dismissive of the money he has so far received, basically saying that the Americans voted for Biden, and Biden gave him the money, so what, so suck it up. Trump, on the other hand, correctly notes that Ukraine would have probably been wiped off the map by now were it not for that money.
Speaker 1: You have to be thankful. You don't have the cards. You're buried there, your people that died. Tell you you're running low on soldiers. Listen, you're running slow on soldiers. It would be a damn goodness. And then you tell us I don't want to cease fire. I don't want to cease fire. I want to go and I wanted this.
Speaker 8: Look, if you could get seats for her right now and tell you take it.
Speaker 1: So the bullets stopped flying and your meant to corny kills. Course, who wanted to stop the war?
Speaker 2: Trump eva showman clearly didn't object to the spat being played out in the public eye, maybe even orchestrated it and did a bit of comedy acting there himself. But at the end of the day, the facts remain.
Speaker 1: I gave you the javelers to take out all those tanks. Obama gave you sheets.
Speaker 8: In fact, the statement is Obama gave sheets and Trump gave javelins.
Speaker 1: You got to be more.
Speaker 8: Thankful, because let me tell you, you don't have the cards. With us, you have the cards, but without us, you don't have any cards.
Speaker 2: So what does it all mean? The players strutted and fretted their hour upon the stage, and the three of them are the three lighted fools leading the way to dusty death.
Speaker 1: All right, I think we've seen enough. What do you think?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: This is going to be great television?
Speaker 2: M hm, And indeed it is on television where the game will now play on.
Speaker 1: Do you think your relationship with Donald Trump?
Speaker 10: President Trump after today can be salvaged?
Speaker 1: It can be.
Speaker 13: Example, yes, of course, because it's relations more than to president, is the historical relations, strong relations between our people.
Speaker 2: And as always with the greatest shows, what did the critics think?
Speaker 14: All he had to do was walk in there and say thank you, I'm really grateful to be here. We want to be partners with the United States, We're grateful for your leadership. Where's the papers and what are we having for lunch? That's all he had to do.
Speaker 2: Well, joining us now on the Strategic Analysis Australia, the director Peter Jennings joins us. Now, great to see you. Peter. We'll ask you in a second about your thoughts on the Zelenski etc. You had a great piece in the odds there yesterday, but I really want to pick your brains about China and the warships. Dutton's now said we're going to get thirty five more fighters. What was the real meaning behind those Chinese warships off the coast last this week with live rounds of ammunition being fired, flights being diverted, and it appears that the Chinese didn't bother to tell anyone in the Albanese government beforehand what they were up to.
Speaker 15: So it was an act of Chinese intimidation ron pretty clearly. I thought it was remarkable that the Prime Minister and his senior cabinet leaders are then justifying that by saying, well, it was legal. Yeah, maybe legal, but certainly not the behavior of a friend. You know, in a week or two, we're going to have a japan Nese warship visit called the mcgami. It's going to pull into port. There will be lots of Australians allowed to visit the ship. In all probability, the Australian Navy will do live fire training exercises with the Japanese naval.
Speaker 10: Vessel when it's here.
Speaker 15: And this is how friends work together, the very opposite of what we saw with China, which was we're not going to engage with you, we won't tell you what we're doing, as they did not. We're just going to fire weapons and force your aircraft to divert and by the way, we're going to circumnavigate the country, and you Australia are going to do nothing other than apologize for our activities. That was the essence of the Chinese message, and I think it's very disappointing that our government didn't deal with that with a stronger response.
Speaker 5: Peter, Why are the Chinese wanting to intimidate us?
Speaker 4: What is the end goal here?
Speaker 10: I think they're doing it reta because firstly they.
Speaker 15: And because they want to make a point that they don't really care about a stabilized relationship. They don't care if our government is happy or unhappy. They simply want to assert their position as a great power in the region. They want to be the dominant power in the region, and that means for all other countries they want. They want us to accept our subordinate status.
Speaker 10: And thank them for it.
Speaker 15: This is the new muscular face of Chinese diplomacy under Shi Jinping, and the sort of contempt that's inherit in that treating Australia as the third order country, I think is very deliberately part of the Chinese message, Peter.
Speaker 5: Do they have any ambitions in the next twenty fifty years to land in Australia?
Speaker 4: Is that part of because.
Speaker 5: We know with China they think long term, they think in centuries. Is that something that's even on the cards.
Speaker 15: Look, I think their attitude reader would be why attack it when you can buy it?
Speaker 10: In a moment they seem.
Speaker 15: To have got a pretty effective relationship of the type they want with our government. You know, looking ahead twenty years, fifty years, Australia has a lot of things that China needs. Long term commodities, food space, all of these things are highly valuable to China. It's not as though we're.
Speaker 10: The only country in their interests.
Speaker 15: They're everywhere from the Caribbean down to the Antarctic looking to become a dominant power. And I guess what we need to do is just make sure that China never sees us as an easy mark. You know, we have to strengthen our defense capability to the point that China concludes not today.
Speaker 10: They're simply not going to tackle with us.
Speaker 15: And I think that's what we fail, because we won't spend the money that we need to spend on defense. And we we're going to have to change that very quickly if we're going to be able to look after our interests in future.
Speaker 3: James, we spoke earlier on the program about just what a fiasco the past week was. They were surveilling the ships and yet we didn't find out until a Virgin Airline pilot notified the government. Then Anthony Albinezi lied about what had happened. Two questions, what do the Chinese make of the response? And also, the United States are trying to do big orchest deals with us, what do they make of the mishandling of this? Really a small episode yet handled so badly.
Speaker 15: So in the case of China, you know, I think their position is they're more than happy to look like they're dominating us, and therefore they want the Australian response to be subservient and meek.
Speaker 10: Even the little political level.
Speaker 15: Commentary that happened was then attacked by the Chinese ambassador and by the Chinese media saying, well, that was an inappropriate way to describe what China was doing. They're just looking for silence, pure and simple, to copy some advertising copy, shut up and take the money. That's really the message that they're passing through to us. In the case of the Americans, you know, I've not seen any public comment. I guess their system is rather focused on other things at the moment.
Speaker 10: But I can tell you this.
Speaker 15: It will have been noticed in the Pentagon, it will have been noticed inside the Beltway in Congress, and they'll be thinking, gee, that was a rather weak response. And my concern is, you know, we're supposedly engaging in a deal with the Americans whereby they are going to hand us three Virginia class nuclear submarines. They're going to give us access to one of their most important military secrets, that's nuclear propulsion. And that was all on the basis that we were going to stand up and become a more effective security partner. And then when they see this kind of subservient response to China, I just wonder if the American reaction is to think that's weak and that's not what we would like to see from the Australians.
Speaker 2: Well, perhaps Peter, the next thing they'll do is fly a balloon over us from one side of Australian to the other, in which case we might need Peter Dutton's new thirty five jets to shoot it down out of the skies. But tell us about these new fighter jets billions of dollars of course, are they going to happen, what's the strategic importance of them and how critical is this to the coalition's view for Australian defense.
Speaker 15: I think this is an important first step for the coalition to decide that it needs to take defense more seriously and in a week where we have China doing its aggressive circumnavigation of the country. Isn't it a great idea that we should have more air power to defend Australia's interests, including, as Andrew Hasty said on sky earlier today, with anti maritime shipping capability.
Speaker 10: So this is a good thing. It's actually something.
Speaker 15: That I and my colleagues at Strategic Analysis Australia have been advocating for, and in particular, we would like to see the government give consideration to a variant of the F thirty five, which is the one that's capable of landing on ships, that short take off and landing variant, because you can put that to sea and you can extend Australia's reach by doing that. Defense of course would say no, but I think this is the time for lateral thinking and so I absolutely applaud the government for bringing this decision back. It was one that labor canceled in order to save money for the submarines that we won't see until the late twenty thirties. But we need more strike capability sooner, and the F thirty five is an excellent aircraft coming off production lines right now, so we should be able to see it well within the decks to strengthen defense, and I think that's.
Speaker 2: A good thing now, Peter, you wrote in Australia in your ten points on the Zelenski spats with Donald Trump in the White House, I was intrigued by your idea that JD. Vance messed up. I think that's arguable. I don't know if that's correct or not, but you think that he's a weak link in the Trump administration, explain your thinking.
Speaker 10: Not necessarily a weak link.
Speaker 15: I think, in fact, what he is going to be is, you know, he's an articulate, smart, somewhat impatient young man, and I think that he's not really understanding that if you're going to serve in Donald Trump's cabinet more than anything else, what you need is deference to the president's agenda. And Evance has an interest in wanting to be that the next president. At some stage in this term, probably after the midterms, he's going to have to think about how does he put some distance between himself and Donald Trump in order to position for a tilta the presidency next time round. So given all of those things, I don't think Vance is going to find it easy or comfortable to say in the vice president's job for terribly long, certainly not in the latter half of this term. And I think he's going to want to because of his own temperament. Apart from anything else, Carve had a position for himself as a next candidate rather than being the vice to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Read highly unlikely.
Speaker 5: All those traits that you've pointed out are absolutely accurate. But that precisely what Trump loves about Vance and why he's been such a valuable addition to the administration.
Speaker 4: And he doesn't need to.
Speaker 5: Insistance himself from Trump because he's not going to have to go up against Trump.
Speaker 4: He's done his two terms.
Speaker 5: But I'm interested in what you see is going to happen next with Ukraine. If America says the tap is turned off, We're not funding this. If You're doesn't pick up the slack and support Ukraine, what is going to happen? I mean, is there anything that can happen other than a peace steal that is going to save the country because we don't want to see more death and destruction and more people needlessly dying.
Speaker 15: Well, regrettably, that is going to continue to happen, and most of it now is happening by the Russians.
Speaker 10: I find it quite remarkable that.
Speaker 15: We can be talking about a peace steel when the Russians are still raining missiles down on Ukrainian City. But yes, I agree, it's not sustainable short term or long term.
Speaker 10: I think we'll see two things happen.
Speaker 15: I think we will see Europe step up to provide more military support for Ukraine, and that's a good outcome reader it's something that they should do. It's very directly about security on their doorstep, and they need to understand that they can no longer right on the security coattails of the United States. But the second thing I think we'll see happen is that Zelensky will come back to the deal over rare earth resources that Donald Trump was wanting to see signed after that lunch after the Oval Office debacle, which didn't get signed. It may not have been explained terribly well, but I think it is a good deal for Zelensky because what it does is it buys an American commercial interest and an American economic presence in Ukraine. And I think President Trump is absolutely right to say that that's the core of a security guarant Absolutely, Zelensky may want to argue for more of it, but I think it's the best deal on the table right now. And to me that would suggest that sooner or later, probably sooner, Zelensky will come back and we'll see an agreement.
Speaker 2: Sign fantastic and Part two of the Oval Office will be great television.
Speaker 10: I'm sure it.
Speaker 2: Might not be as good as Part one. That's right, Thanks so much, Peter. Always great to have you here on Outsiders. That Peter Jennings, of course, is always great to have him on here from the Strategic Analysis Australia. After the break, James has got his thoughts. Well, I'll let him tell you after the break.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Outsiders.
Speaker 3: Well, Independent Senator Jared Rennick has suggested that the Israeli Secret Service may have infiltrated News Corp in order to stir up division in Australia.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: The Australian newspaper, along with Sky News hosts like myself, have apparently been so obsessed with covering anti Semitism in this country. The only explanation is we've been put up to it by Mossad, the Israeli Secret Service. He tweeted this week, and I quote it begs the question whether Mossad has infiltrated news Corp and it's trying to stir up the vision here in Australia. Now, if that suggestion wasn't so insulting both to Jews and to news.
Speaker 6: Corps, it'd be hilarious.
Speaker 3: The senator's comments begs the question as to whether the Hamas has infiltrated his office and is trying to stir up anti Semitism here in Australia.
Speaker 6: See how this game works.
Speaker 3: Of course, I don't really believe the Senator has been infiltrated by anyone, but he is hoping he's infiltrated by some common sense sometime soon. In the same tweet that Senator Renick accused news Corps of acting in cahoots with Mossad, he agreed that the media will quote mind blowingly stupid.
Speaker 6: So if I'm understanding the.
Speaker 3: Senator from Queensland, the media is simultaneously mind blowingly stupid and part of a sophisticated foreign infiltration plot.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Senator Renick went on in his tweet to suggest a second time that Israel was manipulating news corps reporting on anti Semitism in this country. He said quote, we don't need assimilation problems as well, regardless of foreign interference there it is. It has to be said the mainstream media need to have their behaviors scrutinized. They have been dog whistling and fear mongering for years.
Speaker 6: Hmm.
Speaker 3: So it was news Corp, acting at the behest of Mossad, who whipped up the pro Palestinian crowd shouting where are the Jews on the steps of the Opera House. And it was news Corp, following instructions from the Israeli Secret Service, of course, who told a Sydney Sheik Ibrahim the Don to shout that he was elated by the October seven massacre of twelve hundred Jews.
Speaker 6: And if Senator Rennick is to be believed, it was news Corp.
Speaker 3: Acting as a proxy for the Jews, who told a Western Sydney Imam to quote Mohammad saying that Jews were pigs and monkeys. It was also news Corp, at the directive of the Israeli government naturally, who directed people in Australia to smear hostage posters with excrement docks Jewish business people, vandalized Jewish businesses and set fire to Jewish synagogues. Really, there is another possibility, Maybe, just maybe news Corp Corp journalists aren't stooges for Mossad. Maybe journalists are simply reporting what they are seeing take place in our country, rather than ignoring it or attempting to downplay it, as the government seems intent on doing. Perhaps news Corp journalists so honestly calling out anti Semitism rather than accusing Israel of creating anti Semitism in order to win sympathy for themselves, the very suggestion of which, in my view, would constitute peak antisemitism.
Speaker 6: What a disgrace.
Speaker 3: Let me share with you a quick selection of replies to Senator Rennick's tweet quote Jew's own Australia and you know it. They kill American presidents, bring down towers to start wars, and killed the son of God. And then there was this reply to Senator Rennick's tweet, Mike Burgess the boss of ASIO working for his Zionist mates. Someone else demanded quote, there needs to be a full investigation into Israel's influence in our media and politics. This nextly to Senator Renick was typical quote they the Jews are definitely trying to incite hatred against Muslims.
Speaker 6: Only one religion would do that.
Speaker 3: We all know who they are, and I'll throw in one more just for fun. Mossad have infiltrated and subverted our government, institutions and companies. They serve Israel who have committed genocide. They are the real threat and enemy of the state. On and on it goes. That's just a few of well over one hundred similar applies from people agreeing with the Senator who has the hide to accuse News.
Speaker 6: Corp Of stirring up division.
Speaker 3: For the record, I've never been told what to say about anti Semitism in this country by my employer, News Corp.
Speaker 6: Or by Mossad agents. I realize it.
Speaker 3: Can get a bit boring all this talk about anti Semitism, and I get that some people are sick of hearing about it because, after all, anti Semitism, well, it only affects the Jews, so who cares.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 3: When the anti Semitic attacks stop occurring, then we can stop talking about the anti Semitic attacks. But until Australia returns to the tolerant, decent, respectful country, we remember, my colleagues, and I will keep calling out anti Semitism, not because we've been manipulated by Mossad. We think Senator Renick has been watching far too many movies. We'll keep calling out anti Semitism because it's abhorrent and dangerous, just as suggesting anti Semitism is being cooked up by the Jews is also abhorrent and dangerous. And I must say far beneath Senator Jared Rennick.
Speaker 2: Great stuff, James, Well, this story caught my eye during the week. Narrabriye up in northern New South Wales, beautiful part of the world, has a small hospital in a town near Narrabriye Is. We were and got a state of the art hospital there, fairly new, nice, beautiful equipment and all the rest. But but but here's the thing. The bureaucrats. You remember all those comedies like a Yes Minister, those sorts of things utopia, those comedies about the health bureaucrats and so on. Well, it seems own New South Wales health bureaucrats have taken a leaf out of Yes Minister. They've come up with the brilliant idea. We were hospital has an emergency department, but it shuts at five thirty pm. Oh good, Yes, the doors are shut and there's no doctors. So if you're going to have an emergency, get a snake bite for instance, or trip over you know one of those beautiful vineyards. I've got vineyards up there, don't.
Speaker 10: Go to hospital.
Speaker 2: Don't let the accident happen after five thirty because there's no one at the hospital, no doctors, it's all shut down, it's empty. Joining me now is the Narrabrie Mayor, Darryl Tiemans. Darryl, what a genius timetes, what a genius idea you've got? Health bureaucrats you say, here's the solution to our problems. We shut the emergency department at five thirty because it's not like anyone's going to have an emergency after five thirty pm, is Daryl.
Speaker 1: It's a look.
Speaker 16: We did actually have some of the bureaucrats saying that the Eastern brown snakes apparently they actually don't bite after five point thirty at night. And I can I can tell you the farmers, the cotton farmers and the other farmers around the area that work twenty four hours a day, they can assure you that that's when the snakes are out overnight. So it's look, it's it's just ridiculous. It is like an episode of Yes Minister. But the problem is it's it's not a comedy because the people out there are absolutely furious about it. They're absolutely furious. The local IgA supermarket opens longer hours, much longer hours than the local hospital. There's eighteen beds in that hospital and not a single patient Pats Players of Australia, not a single patient in that hospital of an evening. And you know it's a shame. I did a tour of that hospital not that long ago and it is state of the art. It is an awesome hospital. And what a waste of taxpayers resources. It is shocking. It is shocking where I pay a lot of tax, and I can tell you the farmers and the business people and the enterprises up here. We're the second largest economy in northwest East South Wales and we pay bucket loads of tax. They take a lot from us, the federal and state governments, and we get very little back from it. And I can tell you we deserve a hospital. We deserve this hospital open tonight. But I doubt it's going to be open tonight because there's another inquiry happening and there's an inquiry, so it is it is kind of kicking the can down the road. And look, we certainly we welcome any investigation into these bureaucrats. But meanwhile, the kids, the families, the elderly, the farmers, the others around our area are in danger. Our lives are in danger simply because we do not have this hospital open this evening five point thirty tonight.
Speaker 1: It's closed.
Speaker 5: It's presumably Darryl what he actually gets admitted to this hospital because obviously, if you've got to be admitted for a couple of days, you can't stay overnight at an empty hospital with nobody to take care of you, just wandering around by yourself. So what happens to the locals if they go to this hospital during before five point thirty and they have an issue that needs to be addressed and they just get transferred somewhere else?
Speaker 4: So what happens?
Speaker 10: Great question?
Speaker 16: So what actually happens is that there are a couple of nurses there and they're very talented, really good, committed nurses.
Speaker 10: And we love them for it.
Speaker 16: There's not a single doctor available physical doctor in that hospital, even though there's four doctors in.
Speaker 6: The town that live in the town.
Speaker 16: So what they do is you end up with these telehealth situations where.
Speaker 10: You've got a doctor. The doctor could be in.
Speaker 16: Western Australia, it could be you know, all over the place. And we've had situations where serious mistakes have been made simply because of this telehealth situation. You know, one of our committee members he was missing his CAN that was misdiagnosed by one of these telehealth practitioners.
Speaker 10: And look, we're.
Speaker 16: Really angry about it. I know we're making light of it at the moment, but the seering anger not just in we War, but all the five or six towns to the western we Wall that rely on this hospital. The seering anger is palpable. Every time we call for a rally on the lawns of the hospital, people turn up in their hundreds and we are not going to back down.
Speaker 10: On this one.
Speaker 16: We took the fight to Sydney this week and even Sydney siders were quite shocked when we told them that this is the only hospital in Australia where the emergency department was at five point thirty every night and there's not a single patient of any note any evening. There's only security guards wandering the grounds of the hospital.
Speaker 2: Looking for the patients.
Speaker 3: James Daryl, I would have thought, if you have to schedule your emergency between the hours of nine and five thirty, by definition, it's no longer and emergency.
Speaker 6: What explanation have you been given?
Speaker 3: Have the government said it's a staffing issue?
Speaker 6: Is it a finance issue?
Speaker 3: What's their explanation when you ask why the situation?
Speaker 10: And this is why?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 16: Like yes, Prime in the Star, you know, Sir Humphrey would be very proud of some of this stuff. We've had everything from there's not enough staff in the area, there's no doctors available, this for in town. There's plenty of nurses in town, half of them work at Narraborough Hospital.
Speaker 6: The next latest.
Speaker 16: Excuse that they've been coming up with is the fact that if they have the hospital away, but it makes it unsafe for the nurse practitioners. It's just bonkers. There is an allocated budget to that hospital. It's five million a year. You think about five million, I mean that's chump change for some of these politicians. And that hospital relied on by thousands and thousands of people, remains close. So it's look, it's a disgrace and a hundred New England Health and the bureaukrats really should hang their heads in shame.
Speaker 2: Well, in my opinion, Daryl, we could fire a few of those bureaucrats anyway. The coalition promise they might if they win the federal election. Darryl Teamans, thanks so much for chatting to us, and good luck you saving Weewire Hospital. I know people in the area getting behind the petition and you had to come down to Sydney cap in hand to speak to the men's government. Yet you're one of the wealthiest tax you know that you're part of the New South Wales pays more tax, pays higher taxes, you know, contributes more because it's such a productive area. It's absolute disgrace. Darryl Teamans, sorry quickly, yep.
Speaker 16: I was just going to say that we are the second most productive agricultural local government area in all of the country. We pay bucket loads of tax and I'm not going to stand by, as you said, I'm not going to stand by and continue without begging bowl going to Macquarie Street trying to beg.
Speaker 10: Them for what is an essential service.
Speaker 16: The New South Wales government was elected on a platform of essential services and we need that essential service restored. And I really thank you guys for getting on board with these thinking our pleasure.
Speaker 2: Daryl Tiemans, that's the mayor there of narraw Brie. Coming up after the break. Some more bureaucrap madness on Canberra clown Show in a teck, Roll up, roll up, step right this way. It's the wackier show on Earth. It's the Canberrack clown Show where ol Bozo the Clown decided this week to try and recruit far North Queensland comedian Bob Catter to join the traveling Climate Change Circus. You can decide for yourself how convincing that performance.
Speaker 17: Was someone who no one would accuse of being touchy fairly or being left wing. Bob Catter understands that renewable energy is good for jobs. And unlike the LMP who seemed to be opposed to these siks, what do you think.
Speaker 1: No, the eletric I represent you know we diametrically opposed to climate change.
Speaker 10: There be no equivocation here.
Speaker 2: Love it that is still under the Burly Griffin big top. There were fireworks and amateur dramatics galore. As Coalition Senator James McGrath accused the Greens of being anti Semitic.
Speaker 9: Inappropriate and further, you have referred to me as anti Semitic.
Speaker 2: In my words than you.
Speaker 1: I will say what I need to say. You say it.
Speaker 2: I am the only Greens.
Speaker 18: Senator in this room and you have referred to me and my part is anti symtic.
Speaker 19: I'm not withdrawing that the Green's Political Party is a racist, anti Semitic party.
Speaker 1: I am not withdrawing that, Senator McGrath.
Speaker 2: I am asking you to withdraw that.
Speaker 1: I am not withdrawing.
Speaker 2: Brilliant James McGrath, speaking of fireworks. This week also saw the world famous Beijing Floating Circus performing their explosive nautical stunts off our shores this week, but of course they forgot to tell the punters, so ticket sales were fairly poor, although one terrified Virgin Pilot's got a front row seat. Seems the Chinese, however, didn't bother to give any advance notice of the dramatic display display whatsoever, even though for reasons best known to himself, our bows O the clown tried to claim that they had.
Speaker 17: Doesn't concern you that it was a Virgin pilot that alerted Australia about the Chinese Li Fi exercise rather than Defense. The Austraie Defense was certainly aware and I've spoken with the Chief of the Defense Force about what has occurred. Australia has had a frigate both monitoring I see and by air of the presence in the region of these Chinese Chinese vessels.
Speaker 2: But is that strictly true? Senator James Patterson was extremely unimpressed.
Speaker 20: What's the value of notification if it's not received, if it's not heard. The Government's been very clear that the notification was not timely, that it should have been earlier. But you're now telling me that notification was not received at least by Defense by Australia until after it commenced. That's not any notification at all, is it no?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 20: Well, that's contrary to the evidence that the Prime Minister and other senior ministers have given publicly.
Speaker 2: Brilliant elsewhere. One of the Canberra Clown Show's funniest clowns, Murray what's the point of a me even being in Parliament, decided to launch a bizarre attack on Peter Dutton.
Speaker 18: Senator Wae, who spoke before the Opposition leader today.
Speaker 16: Now, Peter Dutton and his colleagues had a fair bit to say about the Prime Minister buying one house last year.
Speaker 2: But is that strictly true. Here's Peter Dutton being pushed by reporters to criticize Albozo for his four point three million dollar purchase on the cliff tops of albo Cabana, Sorry, Copa Cabana.
Speaker 10: Well, it's a matter for the Prime Minister.
Speaker 19: But I wish he and Jodie well, and they're obviously planning for the next stage of life post politics, and I wish them well in that the Prime Minister can answer questions in relation to it otherwise, but the homeowners in Australia that I'm worried about it at the moment of people who can't afford their mortgages.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and while we're on the topic of Alboza's home ownership commitments, guess what. Albosa's precious Housing Australia Future Fund has built not one single house in two years. Meanwhile, other clowns and the Burly Griffin Big Top have been raking it in, with one joker getting paid apparently eight seven hundred dollars of your money to perform, if that's the right word, at a parliamentary Indigenous event, and that's on top of his ABC salary that you also pay for what fun? Senator Jane Hume tried to hold the Canbra Fatcats.
Speaker 18: To accounts in response to a question, I notice one hundred and seventy five. I note that you engaged a speaker for the Parliamentary Service Indigenous Employee Networks interagency event. Your response says that you engaged a single member of the ABC to perform that duty at a cost of eight seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 21: Is that correct? Guess at of that throne?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 21: How was that engagement entered into.
Speaker 4: Senator, I'll have to take that on notice. Unfortunately, I'll need to double check how that occurred.
Speaker 18: Okay, it was it was Dan Borschy out, somebody I admire greatly.
Speaker 21: But seven hundred dollars seems like an awfully large amount of money for a.
Speaker 18: Parliamentary Service Indigenous Employee Network it's interagency event.
Speaker 21: What did he do?
Speaker 1: Senator?
Speaker 21: Will take that on notice. My understanding was that it was an event that he was speaking at. But I will will take that on notice for you. Just one event.
Speaker 13: I think it was one event.
Speaker 21: But again i'll take it on nice for you. It's a nice side hustle.
Speaker 2: Indeed, sadly I wasn't invited to the event in questions, so I can't report whether it was worth the eighty seven hundred dollars that Dan Bouchier was paid. But Dan, who was the ABC's chief voice proponent, is an ambassador of the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation, an ambassador to the National Association of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Irelander Health Workers and protect Practitioners, which goes under the nifty acronym of nasi WHIP and is a proponent of gender and cultural diversity. On top of which, this worthy individual refuses to be part of any panel discussion where women are not included. Ah, so I think we can guess how riveting the Parliamentary Service Indigenous Employee Interagency event must have been. Can we ask for our eight seven hundred dollars back? Of course not cynic might be tempted to adopt dire Straits number one song and sing money for nothing at the ABC, Well, lefty Lunacy, We've got plenty of it for you here right here on Outsiders. Rita Jake Tapper, the CNN reporter. What's he been up to.
Speaker 5: Well, he's been trying to rewrite history, memory hold his own complicity in covering up Joe Biden's obvious cognitive decline. He's actually written a book on what he calls the great cover up about Joe Biden's health. But he was not just someone who refused to acknowledge the obvious. Something we've talked about on this program for more than four years, even before the twenty twenty election, that cognitive decline was obvious. Jake Tappa was doing everything he could to push back against the notion that there's something wrong with Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Just have a look at this.
Speaker 11: I think what we see on stage with Joe Biden Jake is very clearly a cognitive decline.
Speaker 16: That's what I'm referring to.
Speaker 4: It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: You are.
Speaker 10: I think it's so amazing.
Speaker 22: It's so amazing to me that try and figure out an.
Speaker 6: Answer a cognitive decline.
Speaker 10: You're trying to tell me that what I was suggesting was.
Speaker 22: I think that you were marking his study. Yeah, I think you were marking his stuttery. And I think you have absolutely no standing to diagnose somebody's cognitive decline. I would think that somebody in the Plump family would be more sensitive to people who do do not have medical work diagnosing politicians from Afar.
Speaker 4: Incredible sumthing. That wasn't a one off there.
Speaker 5: There are several other instances of him pushing back, even suggesting footage of Biden looking obviously dazed confused.
Speaker 4: Now these gibberish.
Speaker 5: Sort of outbursts that he would have, Oh no, no, that's all some sort of right wing conspiracy.
Speaker 4: And now he's.
Speaker 3: Writings it's more like a confession, isn't it of his own original since it's just a pity of this book didn't come out two years ago, would have been far more help.
Speaker 5: It's almost like when OJ Simpson wrote a book about you know he knew who the real killer was. It's almost got those sort of lies. It should be more of a confession.
Speaker 2: Now I want to show you I mentioned it earlier in the show, but have a look at Suddy K. Khan here in London this week. This has been what's been happening in London.
Speaker 4: We feel loved and wanted in London.
Speaker 2: Now having lived in London for ten years, I fondly remember the lighting of the Christmas lights on Regent Street where all the lights were it up to celebrate Christmas. That is the lighting of Regent Streets Rama Dame lights. You may think this is a good thing, or you might be like Georgia Maloney, the Prime Minister of Italy, and not be sure it's such a good thing. Have listened to her?
Speaker 4: Your ben problematicatiilit ke molto distant.
Speaker 2: Rita is someone whose parents fled Iran for another life elsewhere. What do you think? Are you on Sunday ex side of the fence or Georgia?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 5: And we haven't talked about senator payment for two payments out first this week learning that she was telling the Iranian admirers of the Iranian regime that you know they're so pro women, you know they allow women to work and contribute and be part of the.
Speaker 4: Conversation to your mum and it's just such an.
Speaker 5: Appalling And then she pled ignorance that I don't really know what's happening. Your family fled Afghanistan. How do you not know what's happening in Iran? Even someone with a passing interest in politics, let alone women's rights, and she pretends to be a crusader for women's rights. How do you not know about women dying in Iran fighting against compulsoryh jabblers. How do you not know about the fact that they're treated like second class citizens. To me, that was one of the most disgraceful things I've seen any Australian politician do. And you know, kind of had a twenty four hour life cycle and we've forgotten about it. But this is an indictment on labor because labor pre selected this woman, this ignorant what twenty seven, twenty eight year.
Speaker 4: Old, because she ticked a diversity box. Let's be honest. She wasn't picked on her credentials.
Speaker 5: She was picked because they value diversity. And they trumpeted about how she is the first hijabbi in the Senate.
Speaker 3: And of course Sadik Khan wasn't the only one in the UK pushing Ramadan. King Charles, who's of the Christian faith, was packing dates to help people celebrate what he called the holy month of Ramadan. You know, tolerance is one thing, but for the defender of the Christian faith to announce that Ramadan is.
Speaker 2: A he recrowns defender of Faith Anglican Church. But there you go.
Speaker 4: I'm on board with that.
Speaker 2: Fantastic well, but I agree with you. I think you know when the when the head of the Anglican Church is out there packing dates for Ramada, you know, I raise a question mark. I tend to be more on Maloney point of view on that one. That's it for us for Outsiders. But you've got so much to look forward to during the week. Starting tonight at six o'clock, James Morrow's Campaign Confidential, so that'll be running every Sunday night at six you don't want to miss it. This is the Australian federal election campaign. James is right on top of that. Starting tonight, James mc ferson will be with us here and Outsiders for that duration of time. You've got my Friday show World according Outsiders, you've got Rita during the week, and you've got James Ferston on the Late Debate. Don't miss that. We'll see you next Sunday morning at exactly nine am b