Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I was on two n RL three sixty rugby league from every angle joining me in the great Gordon Tallis bring the journals in, Paul Crawley and Andrew Webster. Interesting round of footy on the weekend, that you enjoy the weekend's footing.
Speaker 3: I love sim bins.
Speaker 4: I just think there should be more of them. Don't need to wrap the games at all. Now, what's up? You know the footy has been great.
Speaker 3: We just need to get the officials out of the way.
Speaker 5: Just be great if you could talk about the footy.
Speaker 2: Hopefully after magic round we can now. The sin bin saga continues tonight, with Titans coach Des Has hitting out at the NRL denying his team he is the most penalized in the competition.
Speaker 6: Take a look the.
Speaker 3: Most penalized team in competition for high tackles.
Speaker 6: What do you make of that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's interesting stat and it doesn't mean it's correct and consultation it might appeal at that.
Speaker 6: I can assure you it's not correct.
Speaker 7: So for Andrew to say that there has been a correct down.
Speaker 6: Us is wrong.
Speaker 7: And it seems like all of a sudden that you know we're going to move the gold posts, which is not the not a clear response. Why are we moving the gold posts all of a sudden, I don't think coming out and changing all this now moving the goal post, I think it's not being honest with the integrity of the game.
Speaker 3: Are you after four losses and a couple of them?
Speaker 7: No, No, we take full will take full responsibility to four losses. So don't say that I never said that.
Speaker 2: You said that he's off at the NRL.
Speaker 1: The NL are moving the goal posts.
Speaker 6: Ah, And I don't.
Speaker 8: Think they're moving the goal post. I think they're clamping down. And last night when we saw the stats, I must have been reading the wrong ones because the Titans were leading, the comp went we shod here well.
Speaker 1: Is the most head Eige tackles. He's saying they haven't, But.
Speaker 6: Is he alluding to other teams get away with them?
Speaker 5: That's the point.
Speaker 9: That's the point when when you when you put those figures up last night, you can read them two ways. Yeah, the Titans are on top, but as we all know, we're seeing some that are being panalized that shouldn't be penalties and some that are getting this from other teams. That changes the landscape, and there's no question in the world, no question in the world. In the last month, we've seen a change, Gordon. You can't deny the goalposts have changed in the last month.
Speaker 4: It was the line that was sort of trotted out by Andrew Abdo on his charm offensive yesterday, like he spoke to everybody, and I remember talking to Andrew earlier in the day and he made the point that, you know, head high tackles are significantly more at this point of the season than last year.
Speaker 6: But you're right.
Speaker 4: The counter argument to that is is that they're they're calling more and more head high tackles when they actually aren't. So I'm less concerned about them like calling it tackles as the inconsistency of when they're calling them from game to game, from.
Speaker 3: From official to official.
Speaker 5: That's I think that's.
Speaker 4: The thing that we're all worried about heading into Magic Ground, that we're just going to have the repeat of what we saw in twenty one, and that's the last thing the game needs.
Speaker 8: We're actually sitting arguing over the force. Well, it wasn't hard, but isn't it if you hit him in the head, you hit him in the head.
Speaker 9: It's the fairness of the Gordy you showed last night the knee in the head, right, there's no excuse in the world that the bunker missed that. Everyone that watches that game sees that happen, and the injustice and the unfairness of it. And even though it was the same team that got lost to Bloke A tackle later, is that you look at the second that the tackler of Montoya, it doesn't warrant a sinbin if Tupereneurs doesn't.
Speaker 5: And there's no way in the world they miss that. You can't miss that the Burden one in the same game that the.
Speaker 9: Burden one when they called up the game and showed that and put him on report, yet they didn't send him to the sinbin. How the hell, How the hell is that not synbin if we're seeing all these other ones that are synbind In the South Sydney game, there was a crusher tackle, you know, that's head contact. Memozulas was on the ground. I think it was trently Erro did the tackle. He's sitting there, he's holding his neck.
Speaker 5: No penalty.
Speaker 9: It's the fairness of it all. There's no fairness at the moment.
Speaker 2: Fair to be fair, ABDA come on last night admitted they got it wrong and said there will be immediate change. So as much as yeah, I agree with you Cross, you know they've been getting it wrong. You know, I do question the no crackdown by the NRL, and I think Desi's right there, there's been a crack like that because the players haven't changed the way that they play that much for the amount of penalties that have been given, synbins and reports and you name it. So they're definitely refereeing differently too. And I mentioned that to Andrew last night. It's not just the bunker, you know that they are giving more head EIE penalties that shouldn't be and there's definitely more synbins that shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Full credit to Abdoor to be able to say that, you know, to admit that they got it wrong. You know what I'm interested in is what he said in all his interviews yesterday, is how much reach the bunker is going to have during Magic Round. Is it going to go back and pull up, you know, indiscretions from earlier in the in the set. That's going to be the interesting thing because he seems to think that that threshold, as he was calling it, needs to be needs to be lifted, and that's going to be interesting to see in Magic Round, just where that thresholds at.
Speaker 8: The referees are always going to push the envelope. I think we're missing the point. If they changed the technique of all the players and they get hit in the head less, there's going to be less Papa.
Speaker 2: The last couple of nights off because you think the players are going to responsible now.
Speaker 6: I think tackling techniques really pull that.
Speaker 8: Bolly comes in and there's Hazeltin runs, He's got his rib cage open, and he stands up and hits him in there.
Speaker 5: That's the one offense. Gordon.
Speaker 9: You can't pin this back on the coaches and the players and tackling technique.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what. Okay, So where they learn? A year ago?
Speaker 9: A year ago, hang on a second last June I wrote a story Bennett.
Speaker 5: There was so much frustration in the game.
Speaker 9: Bennett couldn't bite his tongue anymore, bring me up, and he wanted to do a story about it because he was so fed up and everyone in the game was so fed up. He came up with some really great ideas right at the end of the season. They sat weighing down, they said, Ivan Cleary and Ricky Stewart, and they.
Speaker 5: Came up with a plan. Well guess what.
Speaker 9: They didn't bring the plan into play, and we're a year down the track and it hasn't got better, mate, it has got worse. They came up with a plan that perhaps could have fixed the sinbin problem that we have at the moment while still punishing high tackles.
Speaker 5: They ignored it.
Speaker 9: Andrew Abdo said last night, we might look at it at the end of the year. They looked at the end of last year, and they trialed it in a trial. They spoke about putting regular people in the bunker, right for regular people that could be there every week to try and get some consistency.
Speaker 5: Never happened. Never happened, Never happened.
Speaker 9: To Mate, reference a game because this could have been sorted out, or at least we would be on the right track.
Speaker 5: But to me and to many many.
Speaker 8: Fans out there, mate, backwards, I used to used to get penalized if you gave way a penalty. It was taboo. Now I reckon your coach to give away penalties. That's why six to go to coming. They don't care how many penalties.
Speaker 9: Believe is coached injured. I would back there, but I would suggest mate on the try line. Yeah, their coach to give away penalties and slow down the game and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: They probably don't care. But I wouldn't say I like the only I would like.
Speaker 8: I would like every week to challenge every coach to come down the park and run.
Speaker 6: And I hit him in the.
Speaker 9: Head the only delivery active.
Speaker 8: And I hit him at I said, man, I'm sorry, I just slipped you know, MAT's up and just see whether they like it.
Speaker 6: And I don't think that they would.
Speaker 8: I didn't like it when I'm playing and now you see them all getting hit in the head and they just run, bend your back I.
Speaker 4: Speak to I don't A lot of coaches were on the point your I think it's all a lot of factors to be to the game, the surface, the interpret But but I agree with you, Gordy, because I've been writing this for a few years, because you talk to coaches about it. Did they think that you know, the two players, the two defenders coming in that up high. That's a big part of it. So let me ask you this, Then, what do you say to those, and the great Mic Cronan has been a propeller this for a long time. Two in the tackle, I don't mind it. But I don't know why we don't even try that. Why we don't even.
Speaker 8: Consider that because the athletes got two seconds because the athletes got too good, got too big, too big and too.
Speaker 6: That would take it.
Speaker 2: That would take a while to for players to get you still, So that's not an off season thing.
Speaker 1: That that's that's a whole.
Speaker 9: Fifteen the interchange and everything else comes having an idea.
Speaker 5: It's good enough for me.
Speaker 6: Krona haven't appear on the show because there's one on one right.
Speaker 8: And then in my era, the player the balls got so quick, so I had to be two in a tackle, and now they play the balls didn't slow down, so now there's three just to slow it down.
Speaker 6: So you don't have as many rocking friends either. And the leg tackle wasn't getting rewarded.
Speaker 3: Get rid of the sixth to go, which is so subjective anyway, the tackle.
Speaker 2: It's not just fans that are blowing up though the immoral Joey he was feelthy, wasn't he?
Speaker 6: And that it was well reported and on TV and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he put the headset down here.
Speaker 4: I wrote that in The Australian yesterday he with twenty look at that look at that head Jesus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I reckon, I'm bigger than current and he hits him in the head.
Speaker 3: So that was a send off, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I thought?
Speaker 4: But this, this story in terms of Joey, like I mean, it just shows you know, people give Joey, have different opinions on Joe Jo love the fact that he's so unfielded and it's such a fan of the game that he could not call the last twenty three minutes of that match for Channel nine. He just put his put his his microphone down after the bole a well, when it got to Golden Point they trying to engage, he said, I hope there's no head highs and then said nothing for the rest of the game. To me, that just sums up the frustration, particularly and former players about what's going on in the game.
Speaker 9: It's not just former players though, it's the fans too. You look, you look at any online story that that talks about the crackdown all the sin bins at the moment, and the majority of fans feel so frustrated Gordy and this is what the game can't ignore because people love rugby league. Well you know what your friends will say, oh wait, watch the footing next week. They're always back on watching the footy because they love rugby league.
Speaker 6: But they still care.
Speaker 3: That was the dumbest one out of the weekend.
Speaker 4: You know, it just sort of put an exclamation point on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Really, that's a creature of habit. Yeah, because that's what.
Speaker 3: It's not even a penalty though, is it.
Speaker 1: It's if it's a penalty, it's only just why does he hit him in the head.
Speaker 5: To wrap up the ball?
Speaker 9: And you're right, it's look he got him high and he has got his ribs cage there that he But the fact.
Speaker 5: That it's not a sin being Gordy, it has never been a sin.
Speaker 6: Bin get ten of those a game. As I said, just go down bunk, just get someone. Just keep on it in your hand.
Speaker 1: Do it now.
Speaker 6: It's annoying.
Speaker 2: You're pretty outspoken about Latrell Mitchell. It's him been in now one week suspension. You don't believe he should have been.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what I don't believe.
Speaker 9: I don't believe it's fair that Latrell gets one week for that and he gets sin binned. And Isaiah Yo hits Tom Travoyevitch with a swinging arm and again I'll call him both Rugby League accidents in a way.
Speaker 5: But Yo hits him and gets nothing, Mane.
Speaker 9: This is it all goes back to the fairness, and in fairness to Latrell. Litrell's a bloke that is so polarizing in our game, and so many people love him and others don't like him.
Speaker 5: But when that tackle happened, there's an immediate blow up. Oh he should have been sent off. But when you actually look at the tackle and Faye Logo.
Speaker 9: Comes sliding in different circumstances and Latrell hits him right, Falgo actually knocks himself out when.
Speaker 5: When his head hits the ground.
Speaker 1: This was careless at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's careless.
Speaker 9: But what I'm saying is it's the unfairness because then you get Yo that gets understand that, and that's the problem.
Speaker 5: With the game at the moment.
Speaker 1: Thought for Latrell's I'd take the week and run.
Speaker 9: If that's how I saw it, I saw it differently because I reckon we've seen accidents in the game forever, and you'll never get it out of the game unless you's unless you put on os tag or you put on touch footy, because it's a collision sport and unfortunately it's going to happen.
Speaker 5: He's sliding on the wet ground there and he and he's and he's engaged.
Speaker 6: Latrell and he was going to pass the ball.
Speaker 8: So quick on what he's going to do and the defenders moving forward when standing there in the defensive.
Speaker 4: I'm happy if he stays on the field and let the matter review handle it, you know what I mean. I just think they're so trigger happy with with sending boats to the bin. But then again, the bunker and the referees are under instructions from those above them.
Speaker 1: The direction is going to come. What about magic around this weekend? What's a pass mark?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 2: Andrew Abdo was on sitting right there where you are, Cruls and he said, it's not going to be the same.
Speaker 1: They're going to pull back on the bunker. They're not going to interrupt the game.
Speaker 2: The referees probably won't be as harsh with their judgment of high tackles.
Speaker 1: What's a past mark?
Speaker 5: Common sense?
Speaker 9: Common sense is a pass mark? Like you can't put a number on what's right and what's wrong. But we speak about it all the time. The majority of people will sit down and they will agree what constitutes as send off, what constitutes has sin bin, and what's a penalty and what you let go.
Speaker 5: We just want to see common sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are we expecting then, more more so than a pass mark? Do we think that it's going to be a lot different this weekend from the conversation we had with the NLCO.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be significantly different.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think so too, But I wouldn't even want to try and forecast what it's going to look like. Like I mean, honestly, it's so all over the place at the moment, like I've got no I actually am worried about how it's.
Speaker 6: Going to go.
Speaker 4: We're not talking about magic round. If we're talking about Sinbin's on Monday morning, that's a failure for.
Speaker 6: The Can we live with if the referee misses it?
Speaker 9: Yes, for mate, that's what the mat We're always going to debate the game, mate, We're always going to debate the game. But they missed the Burton one the other day, right, I wasn't upset that they missed the Burton one. I was upset when they saw the Burton one they didn't Sinbinni all right.
Speaker 2: Circling back to des at the top of the show, we're going back there, and the reporter, which he caught my eye, am i ear said are you deflecting from the last four losses?
Speaker 4: Yes, Daz and Wayne Bennett are the masters of using the press to distract attention from their team. I've got no doubt that that's what des has done. I also don't understand why he's done his press conference this morning or earlier today and not after dropping David Tafita. I think that's prettyordinary from Deaz. I know Desert's mind games, and I love deserts so much anyone.
Speaker 1: He's done the press conference before, it looks.
Speaker 6: Like to me, that looks ridicuous.
Speaker 9: He could have been defending his reputation with the fact that Titans are at the top of the penalty things and he doesn't think that they're all fair and he doesn't think they're chemist right.
Speaker 4: You don't think Cruelsey should have spoken after dropping over for feeder from the team and explaining it to the fans and given the way that they're playing.
Speaker 3: I just think that's I think that's ordinary and I see that.
Speaker 9: As a different issue though, there's no question in the world you can't make excuses for the Titans performances this year, but you can also defend your club.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 4: But he can do it all with the one press conference later in the day gime. I know he does, but I mean the NRL, I think that's rubbish. I don't think the NRL should should let coaches, you know, dictate when they talk in the week, do it before the game.
Speaker 9: Well, there was a time, there was a time to where they used to make every player talk every every three weeks.
Speaker 5: Was that they all run their you know what I had.
Speaker 4: About it, because later in the week they're going to shove up two players. They're going to have to air the questions a bit. Why David Ffieda isn't in the team and not the coach Surgury.
Speaker 6: So that's something about Dave that no one knows. Sure they had a show.
Speaker 8: Sorry, he had an ankle reconstruction and he's struggled with pain in his ankle.
Speaker 1: Has pressure? Is he under pressure?
Speaker 5: Has to be under is his job on the line?
Speaker 2: Do you think they'd be considering other options or has he got some time here?
Speaker 1: What do we think? How long has he got? The way he's going at the moment is unders well.
Speaker 9: They're definitely underachieving, aren't they. And they're and they're throwing away good leads, which shows that they should be more competitive over eighty minutes?
Speaker 5: Is he under pressure? Who knows?
Speaker 9: Like, if you don't win football games, you're under pressure. That's how it works.
Speaker 4: Surely they've got to be you guys, tell me they've got to be doing better than the Tamos.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought I thought would be doing better, especially this year. This is does his second year. One thing I know about the organization that they're very loyal. You haven't heard anything out there? No, I haven't heard anything, but I don't go there either. The last game I was there was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Probably not going to tell you anyway, because you sitting here, Can you please tell them?
Speaker 6: I need to break a story?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the ins and out's around nine thanks to sports Bett, and here they are a couple of big ones this week is the teams are on out today white and at five eight Dodd on the extended bench, Ily has dropped for the Dragons, King Tommy are named at half or five eight, whichever one. David Fafeeda demoted to the reserves list for the Titans, Garner a place in McClean at center for the Panthers, and Reynolds chosen for the Broncos despite that shoult Or injury. Now we'll get to the Dragons, but quickly, let's talk about Lewis Dodd and him not getting a run this week.
Speaker 6: What's our take on this.
Speaker 5: It's a massive story, really, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Like you can't you can't hide from the fact he's on seven hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 5: He's chilling up seven hundred thousand dollars a year. They're short of halves.
Speaker 9: They haven't got Cody, they haven't got Humphreys at the moment, and he's moved Jack Whiton.
Speaker 1: Why won't they pick Obviously he's not playing well enough, well enough, He hasn't played that much well.
Speaker 5: He's obviously way in New South Wales.
Speaker 6: Doesn't think that he's first grade ready or he's good enough to play.
Speaker 9: He's picked Jack White and at five eight this week he's moved him from centers.
Speaker 5: They're already short Latrell. It suggests to me.
Speaker 1: That he's no Cody, no Latrell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it is what it is, isn't it. They haven't picked him. You can't make excuses for it.
Speaker 4: I remember we talked about this in Vegas on the on the show when we were there for the start of the season.
Speaker 3: It was always going to be a bubbling issue. It just seems to be