Speaker 1: Welcome to the Code NRL Show, Dave, Ricky, Michael carry Ona's prent reed where Black Boys Origin Countdown is on. So it's a funny time Origin. We know, we get stuck into it on Monday Tuesday, all excited. We rip everyone apart as far as the selections are concerned. Yeah, well yeah, okay, and then.
Speaker 2: It's sort of just goes into the and I reckon, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Footy fans of fifty to fifty split on this.
Speaker 2: There's die hard, died in the wool club.
Speaker 1: Fans that don't like the impact of State of Origin, and then there's people that are well clearly TV ratings and interest are interested in.
Speaker 3: State of I'll tell what the split is day. There's Queenslanders and Southman.
Speaker 4: Loves the game, love the game of course, fans love Origin tonight, No, not really, but I feel like Queenslanders.
Speaker 3: If a new South if new South Wales, the new South Wales club side, a new South Old fan would always rather their club win a premiership than the Origin series, unless maybe, but everyone else would be desperate for a.
Speaker 1: Premiership to Broncos fans with the season on the line tonight would prefer Queensland Broncos fans, would you prefer Queensland win the series or Broncos win?
Speaker 5: Queens win the series every day of the week. We won the comp last year, days, we don't need to win it again. What was I need to remind you?
Speaker 2: What if it was last year and you had it won?
Speaker 5: For twents the series? The series I've always saidhip you have confirmed, would have always said, we don't get Origin exactly. It means more to us. Case in point, it means more to Queenslanders enjoy it. It always has.
Speaker 2: Enjoy I don't care all those Broncos, you don't care about it.
Speaker 1: I don't care about these Broncos.
Speaker 5: I care, but I want to see the team win. If you say, if you say, all Queensland, would you rather win win a comp? Would you rather win Origin? I think the vast majority of Queenslanders would say I'd rather win Origin.
Speaker 2: You don't get club for you?
Speaker 1: Sorry about the Cowboys?
Speaker 5: What about the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Prefer to win a start of Origin series or what.
Speaker 5: You're talking about players? Now that's a different confident situation. But Tommy has Tommy has never won a comp. He's one of the Origin series, mind you, he is the reigning Wally Lewis Medal winner. Okay, so what he's doing Tommy did and has dominated origin.
Speaker 2: We're going to go you know what. You know what he's doing here, Queensland fans.
Speaker 1: He's setting up the excuse for when Didon comes back in game three. He must be there for why Sam Walker has been omitted.
Speaker 5: Tommy's a running Lewis medal with Sam work is not there? Would you respect to Sam? Who I love you, guys know I love Sam right on the way he plays the game. And I said Tommy should come back, has to come back. He is Queens's number seven. And Sammy goes and I got a hell down for this. I said, I have seem Walker on the bench. Yeah, but he was one of the bokes hewl and me down.
Speaker 1: So Sam Walker goes to the MC squares up the series in front of ninety five thousand God bless him, and Billy Flatter drops him.
Speaker 5: No, he puts him back to the bench and brings him the incumbent.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I'm with a ready on this one. If Tom, if Tom has played.
Speaker 5: He's got plays.
Speaker 3: Played right, Like, if all things being equal, I'm rushing Tom straight back in. Yeah, but I'm not having Sam Walker on the bench. He starts or nothing. You have him ahead of Res Walsh on the bench. You're not carrying both.
Speaker 5: Well, I can't carry him both. We can't carrying both.
Speaker 2: Why not you need outside back?
Speaker 5: Well, risk can cover the outside backs to extend, or they can shuffle things around.
Speaker 2: They're gonna playme at center.
Speaker 5: Re Walsh, Well, I'm sure there's a way you can make it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is. By having an outside back on the bench. He can eat mate. You can't have both of them.
Speaker 5: You can't on a six man bench, and you can. I think you can in the modern game. I think you can.
Speaker 2: We understand that, but I think you can't.
Speaker 5: Think you can.
Speaker 1: Can't.
Speaker 2: We'll disagree, cannot.
Speaker 5: The first time we'll disagree on that.
Speaker 2: What we're talking about, question about are you.
Speaker 5: Conceding it's gonna be one all go to Brisbane? Because it sounds to me like a concession.
Speaker 1: No, I knew, I know exactly what you're doing. You're setting it up for the game.
Speaker 5: One game.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it's one one and then we can beat you on your turf again.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do if Lrily wraps this series up in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I'll be buying a lot of tickets because of Laurie Can if he can win. That was a joke. Look, I mean they should win it. From here, they lost out. But let's remember what. Let's remember what. Let's remember what happened last year. You said, well, One Up lost the unlosable, the unlosable.
Speaker 3: Series, right, last year, unwinnable series the year before.
Speaker 5: So as good as your last series. But I'm just saying, like it can and there was a different coach, So yeah, there's no there's no reason why they shouldn't win it. For me, the one Up?
Speaker 1: Who's under more pressure head coach Laurie Dailey or head coach Billy Slade.
Speaker 5: Clearly, Laurie how can be under How's Billy under any pressure?
Speaker 1: He's done, He's down one sire?
Speaker 2: Why do I have to agree with you again?
Speaker 1: He's in the.
Speaker 5: Series, the past four series.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, don't worry about the past.
Speaker 5: You can't forget the last game apparent the last series.
Speaker 1: In the series.
Speaker 3: Yea, let's let's throw forward, right. If Queen's don't lose the series, is Billy Slater gone as coach? If no, But if Laurie Daily losing this series.
Speaker 1: Know that even if the Blues win, Laurie Daily is a ninety percent into walking.
Speaker 3: Okay, but take away the walking aspect, right, say it was in your hands, Dave, and you had If Queensland lose the series, rid.
Speaker 1: Of Billy, probably not.
Speaker 2: If New South Wales lose the series, get rid of Laury. Yes, that's why. That's why Laurie is under more pressure.
Speaker 1: He's leading one nil exactly as far as pressure, and Billy has to go and get it done.
Speaker 5: Of course he doesn't know he's got paying halfback, He's got Mitch Moses back. You know what last year was the unlosable. I'm actually saying this series is more unlosable. This is actually moresble.
Speaker 2: Did you know what them playing game? They lose from you had him sacked.
Speaker 5: At play worse they lose from here?
Speaker 1: What lay can coach?
Speaker 5: Well, let's see. But if they lose this his defeat, you.
Speaker 1: Are right.
Speaker 2: Did you not watch him play in game one?
Speaker 5: Yeah? They won the game though this guy's flipping. They were terrible, the complaining worse, Mick, They count play worse than it.
Speaker 2: Did you Now you call it they lose. It's the worst origin loss in history.
Speaker 5: Well from here, Yeah, because they're paints and Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Moses back're not normal. What are you talking about? How is this not like cataclysmic that's what series loss.
Speaker 5: In history, well, in recent history.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it cannot be even if they don't score another point.
Speaker 5: This I'm saying it's okay. Remember it's something the worst. It's on the same level as last year's series defeat. Disagree. Do you think they shouldn't be short priced favorites from here?
Speaker 2: Not sure?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think there's one. They were terrible. I was. I saw it as well. I was.
Speaker 2: Why are we saying that the world's greatest team all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: No, I'm certingly the paint Ars, Mitch Moses back in the team the one game, one one up in the series, going to melbournehere, I've got a great record.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not common at all.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you can view a team that deserves the time all over the show. You're absolutely you're saying there's certainties.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't say that was certainly it's unlosable. That's because they wandered up and generally when you win the first game, you win the series. Last year was the exceptions because they collapsed, right we all remember that. Okay, So okay, it's not unlosable because technically Queens and can win two games. But they should be short priced, heavily short priced.
Speaker 3: They should be favorites because they won game one to win the series, obviously, but not.
Speaker 5: Sure cataclysmic they lose, eclismic.
Speaker 1: This is what we deal with.
Speaker 5: This is a disaster.
Speaker 2: Disaster, let's go, let's move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, Dylan Lucas into this back back row position.
Speaker 5: You've come around It is no no, I just think he's a very good player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm feeling has definitely changed. It's definitely changed.
Speaker 2: You will speak to his dad. That's why you didn't like good fellow.
Speaker 1: I didn't like being dropped and suddenly the last one being dropped.
Speaker 5: I'm saying Dylan Lucas is a very very good player.
Speaker 1: Story firm belief. This is strategic for his legs breed to shut down. Kaylon, Okay, on that suite. The way Carlen comes around the back, we'll see not true. And I think Dylan moves quicker across the field than.
Speaker 5: What I'm say this. Dylan Lucas amazing footballer. But if Kaitlyn's on, no one's shutting him down. It doesn't matter who favorites Kaylin's on. If Kaylin's on, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. If Dylan Lucas Smole.
Speaker 2: I get it, I would have had on the bench, So I probably would have had him on the bench as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely it's cutthroat from Laurie cutthroat.
Speaker 1: You want to changes after the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, disgraceful. I'm surprised by that one though. He ran for the most mean changes.
Speaker 1: And then then.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, did you like it? Did you like it?
Speaker 1: I don't mind it at all.
Speaker 5: You're okay with it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not a massive van.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, what did you play last those day as well? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You have a club football outstanding dominates his opposition state of origin. I just haven't seen the power the power forward in origin.
Speaker 2: I haven't really seen dominate. Who do we have to.
Speaker 1: Go back to pay half?
Speaker 5: The power forward?
Speaker 1: Is it? Yeah? Middle through the middle, Mole is out on edge.
Speaker 2: I think there's definitely day for food.
Speaker 1: I got chewed up and spat out of Origin, and I would have to And I'm only coming off the top of my head here. But if you think about power back rowers, I think he's a boat scratching your heads to find in origin that body, that body shape working in there's one we're missing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there'd be some someone on the lines. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well they've gone to go well, they're going to well and Britain Nicer are right and away from ribbon cotter Britain Nickers legs all Legs was.
Speaker 5: Lost on the bench. That was just shotting the troops a little bit to accommodate for that, so I'm sure the Carragan was available, cod would still be on the edge. I don't like him on an edge. I don't perform it. I don't disagree with you. I think he's a better lock, right, but he does good job for Queens on the edge. Ribbon coder, you don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think he's a good middle player. I don't like him on the edge.
Speaker 5: I understand that we agreed on that's a better lot than his edge play. But he's done a good job for Queens on the edge.
Speaker 1: Thursday Nights Game, Thursday Nights game at the Course Stadium. Aside from the fact that this is an outstanding tribute to Joy a row with the white out jersey, which the entire.
Speaker 3: Game of a fan, or it's just a huge game. Ready's quarter Broncos. Don't win, they don't make the eight.
Speaker 1: Right when did you call?
Speaker 5: I think it was on three six.
Speaker 1: Again, good work, good that's a huge game for the producer.
Speaker 5: I mean potentially by the end of the weekend. If they lose this game to two wins out of the eight, it's a long way back from there. And when you have the draw, they've got very difficult seven top eight team. So who you got. They got the Roosters, They've got Penrith, they got help me Sharks, they've got the Warriors. I think they've got Dolphins. So it's a hell of a drawer, hell of a run home for them. With the way they're playing, the form they're in, the injuries they've got, it's a it's a mountain to climb from here. Look it's not impossible, but I find it hard to see them making the aid if they lose this game.
Speaker 1: Boys, take me inside. Let's just let's put out. Let's put out Michael McGuire head on and also our pain half head on paint ass is leaving the club.
Speaker 5: Michael mcgahead on, my head might explode live on this.
Speaker 1: Paint Ass is leaving the club for South.
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 1: What do you think the strategy is here. Let's let's work this Bloken until we haven't got him anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, you could say the same about cal and Klum Tonguey. It's us going to the Dragons looks trouble because the narrative, right and where I'm getting to, there's a narrative that the Bronx are running paint Aff into the ground because he's not going to be there next year. He did miss a few weeks through injury he's had as a byproduct. No, no, it was an injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have a correlation. I don't know. I'm not there. I can't. I don't watch him train. So that's a big statement.
Speaker 5: Dave mad It's a bad rap, right. I don't think Madge would do that, man, you know, I think Madge generally cares about his players. I don't think he would do that to paint Ass.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: They had injuries in the game last weekend and pain had to play longer minutes because the injuries they had. I don't think they'd run paint hoss.
Speaker 2: In the ground.
Speaker 1: So and in response to that, and I agree with you. I don't think Madge would do that either, because I think if you lose pain Ass, I reckon, you lose the dressing room.
Speaker 5: You're probably right, Dave your spot on him. He's a big voice in that dressing room.
Speaker 1: Big voice, fair enough, definitely, I think standard.
Speaker 5: My feeling is that dressroom right now has on a press plase. Anyway, he might be the guy's hold together at the moment pain Ass because it feels like that dressing rooms. You know what's he was swaying a little bit.
Speaker 1: Pain picks and chooses when he does media and speaks, they all do up there. I don't know what what I'm getting to is. So when he does talk, you take a lot out of it. And when he spoke the other week post match and said it's time to cut the crap and the BS talk, I found that. Yeah, pretty BoJack exclusive was what ABC on your It wasn't your colleagues.
Speaker 5: He plays you off for Brake zaying the best sideline sideline.
Speaker 1: The business behind Zaye Travis Maine, Dean Hell, It's out Dean.
Speaker 5: Johnny Gibbs.
Speaker 2: You know you press the pset shout out before that's John tis little baby.
Speaker 5: It feels like that club, not just that dress room, that club, and I know we talk about it and people blow up about it, right and they get the pips up up in Brisbane about it. It just feels like, lose this game, life becomes more difficult. Then they've got to get over Origin and then you know they've got this draw that appears almost insurmountable, right, you know, can you imagine if they get to four weeks down the track and the finals are gone, they can't make it unbelievable their last seven eight weeks of the season, all hell's going to break loose up there. We know what the bomber's like, pep Adell.
Speaker 1: I mean, he'll be fosk and run bombing grenades all.
Speaker 5: Lobby grenades here, there and everywhere. You know, it just feels like that club. You know what that was You and I Dave last season member. We did that story pre season about and of course a bit of drama which club's going to imployed, and we did story on Newcastle end up sacking the coach at the end of the year. Right, It feels like if you did a story preseason this year, I necessarily wouldn't have said Brisbane. In hindsight, I think right now when you sit there, they're the club most likely to imploy.
Speaker 2: It depends on when you would have done it. If you did it before Christmas, probably not.
Speaker 3: If you did it post Christmas, after sign after they lost the World Club Challenge, Benny Ben, I think you probably would have agree with me that they're the club. I think there's two Brisbane and Bulldogs. They are the two, which is they're the two No, Brisbane definitely, but they're the two back half of the season that there's going to be the most intrigued over, and to a lesser extent, I don't think there's gonna be drama that is Tigers, just so the Tigers don't fall off the cliff after really strong starts of the year.
Speaker 2: I don't have them.
Speaker 3: I don't have the Tigers anywhere near the same level as Brisbane and Broncos. But they're probably the three in the back half the year, Brisbane and Bulldogs that I'm looking at to see what happens in the back half because there will be ramifications off the back.
Speaker 5: Of it, and they've just got big personalities right I manages obviously Brisbane Gusts and cam Soireldo. At the Bulldogs, I mean, they've just got and they're big clubs, man, the huge clubs in this game. They win this season with high expectations. But it feels like they both got the potential two. Yeah, they're obviously off of the rails a little bit at the moment. It feels like they can go completely.
Speaker 2: Off finishes high on the ladder are those three of who?
Speaker 1: Tigers, Bulldogs, Broncos. I'll say Broncos.
Speaker 5: This is higher is lower?
Speaker 1: Tigers get out of town, baby, just not staying on the Broncos. Pat Carrigan and his future and so Pat's out injured at the moment and we're talking about this club being on the precipice. What's Pat Carrigan thinking about his future? He's still two more.
Speaker 5: He's end the twenty eight y is yeah, but I think they're trying.
Speaker 2: To He's obviously on the end of twenty eight, not twenty nine.
Speaker 5: End of twenty eight, so he was off coint No, he's no contract under twenty eight.
Speaker 2: That's how if miss last week's episode. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he's in the process of trying to they're obviously in the process of trying to renegotiate that deal.
Speaker 1: Because he's not.
Speaker 5: Because he's not on the money he should be on with him with payings going, he should be there highest paid forward and he needs to be paid more. And Paddy's spoken about p and g I think he's spoken about it. So they've got to be really careful man. They've got a lot of players off contrac at the end of end of twenty seven, so going to the twenty eighth season, it's the big names right, a lot of players. They've got a lot of guys who I reckon depending on how this season plays out, and may might hold on to November one and Madge it's got twelve months.
Speaker 2: It's definitely watched this space. As I said from the top, there's still footy fans that want to know how their team are going to go.
Speaker 1: Dolphins roosters. Roosters have got stacks out juit to origin. Dolphins are impacted as well. I don't know. I don't know which way this goes. Dolphins are may get easy Kataoa back out of camp.
Speaker 5: The Dolphins are on faire well, they're on four or five in the row. You know what intrigues me about this game. There's a play playing for the Dolphins named Herbie Farmworth and those rumors, rumors about the Roosters having an interest in Herbie won't go away?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'd be intrigued to watch how Herbie goes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah again.
Speaker 5: He's a very good player's a gun, very good player.
Speaker 1: DC captain alongside Hugo Sevlla, Hugo Sava has been fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 5: Fifty him on my top players of the year, Dave Really Yeah, he's a swamp wrap and then you look stunned.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's been outstanding.
Speaker 5: But he's still very good playing the Senters, he's been good, been great.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. He's forty nine so it's hard to be critical.
Speaker 5: I think the Dolphins are should be favorites in this They are really.
Speaker 1: Good football over the ditch. The wars versus the Sharks, wars have got Did you pick this one up?
Speaker 2: James Fisher Harrison out with a calf problem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Fisher, Harris Fisher Harris No, No, Roger no Metcalf named in the reserve obviously. Queensland Cape well for Cronulla. No Brayley is still no Hine still Blake Blake and Nico out. There's tip around could come back.
Speaker 2: In well he played for Stone Street or potentially Air and I'm tipping an upset here Warriors at home.
Speaker 5: Warriors at home. Yeah, I think the Warriors might get him at home. Yep, that's that's a big loss of fish. Yeah, yeah, old means in your car. I had one of them. There's actually I've had a lot of them play for there's a injured overcome. I give you tip Jo don't come back too early, okay, and do a lot of car phrases.
Speaker 2: Wilds fans. There's a young player on your bench with huge hopes.
Speaker 1: Jai l Nane from the Newcastle Knights that the Warriors have picked up in around February March this year and he's been named in Jumping nineteen. I think.
Speaker 5: Would you say met cars on the bench this in the reserves?
Speaker 2: What do you think in South Wales Cup again?
Speaker 1: He will still just wait for his chance when the halves go down.
Speaker 5: Do you think you'll play first great again this year?
Speaker 1: There definitely if you Yeah, that's on stage. They won't let him go early with the Dragons.
Speaker 5: Why would he want to go against be fair seriously.
Speaker 3: Or why would you let him good kind of board out as well? Like he's the back essentially, there's no chance.
Speaker 5: No chance, I'd not to see him running first grade.
Speaker 1: He'll play first it will ye paraverse the Raiders. Tough game, Yeah, tough, tough gime with Dave. I mentioned this on three sixty.
Speaker 2: Ill discipline, Ill disciplines hurt them.
Speaker 1: I will say that they've been hurt in the forward pack. A big Papa has been a blow hosking through periods, Big Morgan Smithy's they've been without and they just haven't had that punch. Joe Tarpany plays his two hundred and fifty first grow game. You know, Joe, you know I've always said he's the best front round of the game.
Speaker 5: He's very good. All right, He's not better than playing ass, but he's very good.
Speaker 2: He plays more consistent than paint off far out.
Speaker 1: That's a very high bar. Like if Taps was in the Broncos roster.
Speaker 2: He's a very good player.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to ring Ricky and find out where he ranks Taps as far as the greatest raders, because I think he'd put him right up there.
Speaker 5: Remember when he ended up there? He was at the Knights, wasn't he ended up He ended up in a stouse to get out there, to get to Camber all those years ago. I mean it's quite it's actually, Dave need to talk about. It's quite an intriguing story to revisit. I reckon because he had I think he went on strike, didn't he for memory at Newcastle Worth looking into good story. David should chase that.
Speaker 2: Thanks, mate, appreciate that listening. All roads lead to like Art over for the.
Speaker 1: Last time eighteen months.
Speaker 2: Yep, he's doing a pub crawl or something.
Speaker 1: Mate, really can't do pub crass me. You know why we have half a meeting because second beer, it's all over.
Speaker 5: I'm going to this game. Brooks is coming with me. We're gonna gonna I would have like carts sold. You know what I've said about like art for a long time now.
Speaker 2: But of like of like you should wear a hard hat five years he doesn't imagine find him. They're gonna find him anyway.
Speaker 5: To help protect me, to protect you.
Speaker 2: You want to help the demolition Your tigers.
Speaker 5: Need to be a jersey to wear I'm gonna wear Tigers jersey. Even a broadcast fans Tigers is going to be a Tiger's jersey to wear. And you sit in the hill going to beer at the Orange Grove walk down.
Speaker 2: The Tigers jersey.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't wear another team's jersey.
Speaker 1: That's It's the same. These people the change teams in their lives.
Speaker 5: I'm not changing teams, just working for the day.
Speaker 2: Stories of Roosters fans suddenly becoming Sounds fans.
Speaker 5: Years later, he hasn't changed. I'm still a broncast man. That's like you're Dragons man. What was Sharks man?
Speaker 1: He might as made Jack Yeah, tragic Raiders fan goes to Sharks, goes back to Raiders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't flip.
Speaker 2: He's got massive problems, massive problems.
Speaker 5: Anywhill be going on the hill, David gaming, And look.
Speaker 1: I think the important this game seriously huge.
Speaker 5: Titans were very good last week. Well, I think the titles are bounce back.
Speaker 1: Why is that still? No? Do he.
Speaker 2: Miss so much? Oh, Alex, He's been somewhere.
Speaker 5: I think I think stand up this week.
Speaker 2: I think he needs he need to.
Speaker 5: You know, some people are being critical of him. No names.
Speaker 2: Have you been lavish and in your praise.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've spoken about him, but I still made the top fifty. Was in your top fifty. Yeah, okay, So I think you'll bounce back, have a big game, and I think they win.
Speaker 1: H what do you think? I'm with, Brents? You think the Tigers just on the fact that it's like, can't a little bit and it's the Titans, that's what you're doing. You've got no confidence in the Tiger's form, do you They just got pumped by sixty? How would I have any got no confidence in do not? The way he's playing.
Speaker 5: The times were very It's gonna be a hard game for Tons were very good last week.
Speaker 3: It's going to be It's going to be really a fun game to watch Kenny and Campbell up against. You know, the free flowing nature of the Tigers. I think if it's a dry track there'll be lots of points.
Speaker 1: Awesome atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see it sounds really I love like.
Speaker 1: Kill, suburban grounds kill. The game is my attitude. Yeah mate, Yeah. The smell of sausages, sausage sizzle gets under Indian nostrils and you see far you see fathers and sons and generations before walking together to the game. It's sport at its best.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll see. I'll be the judge of that.
Speaker 2: Dave, even if you hate on it, I'm going to listen to you. Yeah, tune in.
Speaker 5: All will be revealed.