Speaker 1: Our next guest is a music legend, a.
Speaker 2: Household name who has probably put out more hits than the Mafia.
Speaker 3: Lady.
Speaker 4: If she's here in Australia to perform at the AFL Grand Final, please welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Kedy Bay, Katy Perry, welcome back to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: See it's great to see how you did.
Speaker 2: In a minute. Huh, how long's it been since you were he lost six years? Well, no, not since I was here, but six years since I will have toured here.
Speaker 6: But you heat, just before the world stopped with COVID.
Speaker 2: Really at the MCG, I was with my sexy cricket bat and then I was pregnant and I was also staying in the same room that Tom Hanks was staying in.
Speaker 6: You were staying in the same room that Tom.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it wasn't that well, but after it was revealed that he was like the first one of the first people COVID and I was.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, you mean it's not a bigger.
Speaker 3: Bill now, but back then, Sanitizer because he kind of copped it for being.
Speaker 6: He was there. He was the first celebrity to have it in this earlier.
Speaker 2: From Elvis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you meant money was and you were sharing with Tom patch Reader. Congratulations on the new album so much signal.
Speaker 1: Come on it, what is it?
Speaker 6: Don't I was doing it.
Speaker 3: We won pressures on one, four, three, and I keep going to two and a half.
Speaker 6: My little finger went.
Speaker 2: On for three.
Speaker 6: That way, he's much better.
Speaker 1: Because the three fingers curl.
Speaker 6: We worked out we're very old people.
Speaker 3: When we were downstairs having his commentsation, I mean it's up.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you know, you know you're definitely of a certain age when you're doing heart, when you're not doing hearts like this like that, like can you do this?
Speaker 6: Oh, hang on place hald.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're not doing it right. You got to do the okay, pointer fingers, hearts and then the middle finger. That's what separates the old guard the new guard.
Speaker 1: Just quickly, are you about to have a most on birthday?
Speaker 2: I am about to be forty years old.
Speaker 1: I knowngratulations. Welcome to the club.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I heard it's a really fun club.
Speaker 5: Well, Clinton, I reckon you like us? You still like twenty five, so it's like, well she can do.
Speaker 2: That's the question to everyone, how old would you be if you didn't know how old you.
Speaker 3: Were, I would have stuck at twenty five approach.
Speaker 2: Emotionally I feel emotually I feel thirty five, thirty seven, but physically I feel in my early thirties, if not younger.
Speaker 6: Was that your favorite age?
Speaker 3: Did you have an age that if you could just pinpoint and pause time?
Speaker 6: What age?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I feel so great. I mean, so much has changed. I went through a huge metamorphosis becoming a mother, and that's what the records about one four three is. I love you and I'm so full up on that love. So I want to share that love. And I think now more than ever, I just feel like at that crossroads of feeling like I've got some life wisdom under my belt and my body still works.
Speaker 3: I think that's the thing people get scared of turning forty, but it's actually the time where you know the most.
Speaker 2: Right well, I think so as far as I know. I mean, the fifty year olds are all laughing at us right now.
Speaker 1: You got to have a party, but you know we are.
Speaker 2: We are all living like three times our life span. So this I'm not even at the half way mart.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, you're a cold laved.
Speaker 2: Don't send me out to pasture life.
Speaker 1: Are you going to do a big party?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a really big deal.
Speaker 3: Nice, but well you're here in Melbourne, I mean the Grand Final. Do you know much about AFL?
Speaker 2: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 6: Has anyone like sat you down and made.
Speaker 2: You watch I love soccer?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Do you know anything about the game?
Speaker 2: What I know is that the AFL has existed before the NFL. That's some big thing. That means, you know, you might like this, but I'm putting two into together. I guess Americans copied Australians.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, with the pioneers were the pioneers. But there are a lot of people going to the m c J on Saturday saying they're going to a Katie Perry concert, and then there are men running around in short shorts.
Speaker 2: Okay, well after that, thank you. Yeah, it's a big deal. One hundred thousand people, it's going to be huge.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I was trying to pick like one of the twelve of Melbourne, but it's so funny that none of them made it.
Speaker 6: To say that.
Speaker 2: I was just I was like twelve teams from Melbourne. I know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We really sat this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why a lot of people are going to the Katie Perry Contacts.
Speaker 2: Right the football is running around after I can't say I love one more than the other. I do love Sydney, but I have the best party in Brisbane.
Speaker 4: Brisbane brizzy boys got of dividing opinion already because it's Swan's versus Lions, and the Swans fans are a little bit jealous of raw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that might become a Brisbane anthem.
Speaker 2: Potentially they're gonna co op it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, did you get told not to sing that song because it was supporting the Lions?
Speaker 2: I didn't, but I figured when that news came out, I was like, well, I guess you'll know my alliance.
Speaker 1: You have to sing it twice screw the Swans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to write a Swan song, real bird song.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna stick around?
Speaker 1: Watch the get?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just a little bit hot crush a beer, a real chin wag.
Speaker 6: Yes that and you need to learn Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk crap with people thing super keen. But you've played you've played the MCD before. As Lauren said eighty five ninety thousand at the T twenty cricket Final, what was that like I.
Speaker 2: Was pregnant and it was awesome and I'm just so grateful that they'll have me back. And I did leave all of my second sexy cricket bats here. I don't know where they are. They probably, you know, having a cigarette and brisbane at a bar somewhere. But it's a different show than that, for sure, and a lot has evolved since then.
Speaker 5: Now, I did hear you come out and say that there is a female Australian artist that might be making an appearance.
Speaker 2: Correct, I'm really good at she's a scorpio. Oh that's because I'm really good.
Speaker 1: I can look at my wife's.
Speaker 6: Peak, my Christmas present October.
Speaker 5: Should we run through some female out to see if we can get it?
Speaker 2: Try me, because when you play mafia with me, you lose Delta.
Speaker 1: Delta has already done it. So she was with Robbie a couple of years ago. I'm saying Vanessa and Morosi. I'm saying carle Minok. Oh god, she's got face at the moment.
Speaker 6: Well, it was Delta last year. It can't be Delta again.
Speaker 3: We can't just keep rolling Delta out every time we get in the international Superstaring time.
Speaker 6: Maybe do you know this person?
Speaker 3: Well, Jess, melboy, it's Jess.
Speaker 1: She's got a poker face.
Speaker 6: It's Jess.
Speaker 1: Do you know the person? Well, now I do.
Speaker 3: Have they been rehearsing with you at the mcg or is this kept so far?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: So people know?
Speaker 2: But they have a code name. Oh, I think it's gonna I think it's going to hit accord on you that you are.
Speaker 6: Like, oh my god, oh is it a classic? Is it a classic banger? It's not magical?
Speaker 3: Neighbors, you don't know that.
Speaker 4: Katie an envelope and those ladies will come run and hey, Katie, I'm trying to get these too.
Speaker 5: I'm old school Katy Perry fan. So I've been trying to get these two to watch the Katy Perry movie.
Speaker 3: This morning, we go this morning ripped while we were live on it this morning, Jason ripped into us that we hadn't seen the Katy Perry movie.
Speaker 2: Part of me, yes, well, that's only one little part of me. That's not all of me.
Speaker 5: I know that's old school, like you know, like you said, very old school.
Speaker 2: That's almost like must be watching ten years fourteen years ago. It's interesting. I mean it was made at the beginning of my career and so much has happened and changed and evolved since then, so I definitely needed to do a follow up, like, yeah, Katy Perry another part or half of me? Yes, this half of me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like the sound of it.
Speaker 3: Hey, the new album. I was listening to it this morning driving into work.
Speaker 2: To make you want to move?
Speaker 6: It made me want to dance.
Speaker 3: I said to these guys, I was like, I need to see this in like a club club gimet my club called Puffed Off, which is I got it. And I was like, Katy Mary needs to get on the stage and through these album It's so.
Speaker 2: Good that or you just like literally can work out to it, like I love working out and I will work out to that music and it goes so much faster on the elliptical.
Speaker 3: Same, yeah, he's never step footing.
Speaker 6: A gym is where people go and there's always machine.
Speaker 2: I don't love it like I don't. I mean, I don't love going to the gym. I like veiled workouts like dancing. So yeah, you could dance to this in the club and still get your heart rate up. And that's what the tour is going to be out about.
Speaker 6: The two, I tell us it's just been announced.
Speaker 3: Congratulations back yes in June.
Speaker 2: It's called the Lifetimes Tour, and I called it that because I have a song called Lifetimes, and I feel like I've grown up with my fans. It's almost been a lifetime fifteen sixteen, seventeen years that we've been hanging out and they've been using my music as you know, the soundtrack to their life. And so I'll be playing all those songs that they know and more. And there's two different circles. Slash Pits is really fun. There's like a club.
Speaker 3: And it's gonna be a club in the concert, like an area, an area.
Speaker 6: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: There's two bars, you boss, but it's super high energy and prepared to bring your dance and shoes.
Speaker 5: This will be the first time going on tour now that you've got a family. Yes, and like today's work and I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's school holidays at the moment, so I've got three kids at home under ten. I just want to thank you for getting me out of the house today.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so welcome. You're like, I have to go and do this interview.
Speaker 6: Dad, He told his wife, we have you for three hours.
Speaker 2: To go listen. I know, like my daughter's four, and when I started taking her to preschool, it was like a revelation. I was like, what is time? I have time. I can get a coffee now, literally, And I was like, I looked around my town and I was like, I think I'm going to try a new coffee.
Speaker 6: Shop at do something different yet.
Speaker 5: Because at my kids school, I'll get hit up to do all the seeing of the charity events and stuff like that. I hit you up a pre school going we.
Speaker 6: Need a fundraiser.
Speaker 2: Always done it anyways, I've done a lot. I've do it for any fundraiser. I am their girl school to be hitting up. Yeah, she's not in real school just yet. So I've got some time and I'm gonna, you know, I hope I can bring her out on tour. And so she came out here when Orlando was shooting a movie and you know, she got to touch a koala and all that. We went. We were in the Great Barrier Reef. We stayed at Lizard Island and when we had the most incredible Australian experience I've ever had, I was a full on tourist I loved it, so I hope I can parlay some of the muled She she really loves music. She loves listening to it. She requests songs all the time. And she's just started singing raw and it's adorable.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, does she try and sing your songs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She loves mummy.
Speaker 6: Does she know it?
Speaker 2: She does? She does pretty good. I've just now put her in music classes, but they're exploratory. It's kind of like, what instrument are you interested in?
Speaker 6: Let's try them all except the drums stone litter.
Speaker 1: She was drum that.
Speaker 5: Really hurts to listen to Spotify than already.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, I've heard their dead enough exactly.
Speaker 5: Congratulations on the album. We are so to have you back than the m c J.
Speaker 1: So lucky. Nervous, Like do you get nervous?
Speaker 2: Am I nervous? I only get nervous when I'm not as prepared as I want to be. I prepare for everything and so that takes away the nerves. There'll be more butterflies than nerves.
Speaker 6: Have fun to see.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 6: Can't be in the club on the tour with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, club club