Speaker 1: Good morning, Melvina, Jason.
Speaker 2: Lauren start your morning the right away.
Speaker 3: Be great.
Speaker 4: This is Jason Lauren No.
Speaker 5: One hundred.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning everybody, and welcome to your Monday.
Speaker 6: Good morning Melbourne. Boje Clinton sent away in Paris. Boss wir s, what time is it there?
Speaker 4: Did you say, boss? Way?
Speaker 6: He hasn't lost weight, he's been eating.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's what is it ten o'clock at.
Speaker 6: Night here and it's still light.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 8: Oh, let me just paint a picture because I am at a bistro, at a brasseriy in in Paris, because I'm doing some crosses for the Today Show. In fact, there's a lovely couple just sitting on the table opposite me. Oh, you're not a couple. That's already messed up, that's all.
Speaker 7: You're not a couple. She's my sister.
Speaker 4: Can I just point out you have a lovely dinner?
Speaker 6: Hey, but she's quite gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Gives you well, he's a Lauren. I've been watching Clint on Skype and just in the background, like at the cafe, I know she keeps looking at you, just on the corner of.
Speaker 6: Clint keeps looking at her.
Speaker 7: Are we having a lovely dinner?
Speaker 4: Back?
Speaker 7: Yeah, good, okay, good, and we are single.
Speaker 4: Again. We'd like to retract our comments about her potentially looking.
Speaker 7: We've got to find another We've got to another bistro.
Speaker 6: Like there's plenty of them in Paris, Clint, there are plenty of fish in the sea in terms of central wives and bistros in Paris.
Speaker 4: So we've got the home wrecker over in Paris.
Speaker 6: He is there for you, he asked a question.
Speaker 4: Good call. He's over there for the Olympics, Clint. Is it like, is this starting to get a bit of a buzz in the air? What are we weak out from the games?
Speaker 8: It's extraordinary, especially the security detail the police in Paris. Just it's really stepped up this weekend, a lot of excited Parisians and of course they've done a dry run. Well it's actually a bit of a wet run because it's on the River Sin of the opening ceremony.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So there is a real buzz in the air and I'm really looking forward to it. Only five days ago?
Speaker 4: Is there still still another five days till this started?
Speaker 6: I feel like the Today Show have been in Paris for about two months leading up to this event.
Speaker 8: Lauren texts me and said, I am sick of seeing people at the Eiffel Tower, the whole.
Speaker 6: Of Channel nine at the bloody Eiffel Tower all day every day. According to get.
Speaker 4: Someone do under the Poo river and they still got the floaters.
Speaker 6: No, it's not like that anymore because they're swimming in it. They're putting people in it. Hey, it's been a big night overnight in news. Yes, and our newsreader is away. So what beautiful timing Christmas.
Speaker 4: Joe is out and the walking skeleton will be bowing out and.
Speaker 6: Poor Joe, I mean, good on him. He's done the right thing there.
Speaker 4: He should have done it maybe a year ago, Lauren, to be honest, good on your show. Actually, be interesting to see what Cox he says, because we've got a special co host, johny Us today.
Speaker 6: Mason Cox is joining us for the whole show because Clint is away out with standaway in with Cox.
Speaker 4: Yep, he's going to be rolling in inside the next couple of minutes.
Speaker 6: And also so Clint, an Australian on the podium. Oscar Piastree wins his first Grand Prix.
Speaker 8: What a moment and there were celebrations in Buddhapest where he won it. The Hungarian Grand Prix and also in Brighton because Nicole is beautifull. Mum uploaded a photo this morning jumping for joy toasting the victory.
Speaker 6: That's right, she's going to join us a little later on the show actually to celebrate Oscars win. Could we get the champagne bottles and shake it and pop it?
Speaker 4: We're red food in a nightclub, you know, like we.
Speaker 6: Just won the Grand pro but we won because he's Australian. You know how we claim people who are successful.
Speaker 4: We won. We are a bandwagon show. Hey, we need to talk about the footy as well.
Speaker 6: I don't think we do actually boring.
Speaker 4: No, pass think I'm off the pies.
Speaker 6: Pies are terrible.
Speaker 4: Rich.
Speaker 7: Where are you going now?
Speaker 6: He's going to go for the giant.
Speaker 4: I can't go for the d's either, can I.
Speaker 6: It's going to have to be the giant.
Speaker 4: Bloody Bomber is just missing out as well. Oh mate, I was number one of the tipping last week. I think I'm going to be like number eight now I've had an absolute shocker. Why do you go?
Speaker 7: The Lions? Go the Lions.
Speaker 6: You can't change teams. No, We've done this dance before. He'll get kicked out of Victoria if he changes teams again.
Speaker 4: All right, our new co host Mason Cox is going to join us on the other side of this. Listen. I know they're saying that she's married, but that blonde lady behind Clint just keeps having a look at him. I don't know, don't look back, don't know's going back.
Speaker 8: Well, they've just ordered the barrata and I can't take my eyes off that.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it right across Melbourne. Welcome to you Monday. You're on the air with Jason Lauren. We're doing it thanks to what If it is Ouzzie for Travel. This is a never one hundred good morning joining us in the studio. Special co host for this morning from the Mighty Magpies, Mason Cough.
Speaker 5: Good morning. It is early for me, it's early.
Speaker 4: It's early toally, but this is not the crowded bitch too.
Speaker 5: You just want to give a shout out to you all that's up right now because you've won the day. You've won the day already, so it props to you.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't have heard this for a while, but this is the song we normally play.
Speaker 6: Jay Subtle, So what's happening at the Pies man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we haven't. We haven't won for a while. It's not ideal scenario, but yeah, it's a bit of a media pilon.
Speaker 6: What's the mood like down there though, because there's no doubt when there is a media pylon and people are frustrated that that filters down eventually to you guys and to the players and to the team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you see it. But whenever we get to the club, it's really just kind of normal. I don't know. It's actually better to be around the people you're going through it with, if that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Business as usual.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think everyone's kind of like, okay, you know, these are the people you can connect with the most because we're all having the same experience and try to figure out how you can get away from it.
Speaker 4: Clinton.
Speaker 7: I know it's early for the big questions. Mace, good morning. Can you still play finals?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 5: I think there's still statistical chance. I'm not really too sure. You're the footy correspondent here, so I'm not hud of for sure, but yeah, I think there's still a statistical chance that we're going to go gun for it.
Speaker 4: Would the coach be blowing up because as a Pie fan, I'm going to say the score on the weekend against the Hawks one hundred and thirty three to six seven is not acceptable, Oh Dad from a Grand Final winning team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, does the coach ate like does he get more fired up in or is he the one that's sort of quite calm.
Speaker 5: He's pretty calm and collective, like he fires up whenever he needs to. But that's I'd probably say it's a rare occasion for him to kind.
Speaker 4: Of do that.
Speaker 6: He on the weekend.
Speaker 5: You know, I wasn't I wasn't there. It'side the game for VFL on Sunday, so I wasn't there in the rooms and stuff. But yeah, I can imagine he wouldn't be happy obviously with the score and kind of what happened over the weekend. But he says it every day. It's like, you know, we come in, you know, we try to get better every day, whatever capacity that is, and just kind of keep putting one foot in front of front of the other.
Speaker 6: It's interesting at the moment because I feel like none of the big teams that we've known for so long is being like top eight and top four, like your Richmond's in Melbourne's your Collingwood's like it's it's a weird year in footy.
Speaker 4: It feels like to.
Speaker 5: Me, it's insane, Like I think it's like two games and there's maybe like thirteen spots. It seems like there within two games of each other. Yeah, and yeah, it just kind of allows, I guess, for anyone to really make that eight, like it is a big question mark. I mean, Esden lose over the weekend, they're kind of going, Okay, we're going to make finals. Now we need to turn things around. So there's a lot of different teams that you have ability to make the finals this year, which makes makes the lead quite exciting.
Speaker 4: All right, make you cool? Clinton? Who do you think is going to be in the final.
Speaker 8: Grand Final playing red hot footy?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 8: I reckon it'll be Brisbane. I want to say Sydney, but they're getting a bit shaky at the moment. I'm surrounded by Sydney supporters right now. Do we see the plava with Jack Innovan?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: What did he do?
Speaker 4: I miss that?
Speaker 6: He was rubbing it in the face, in your faces?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, is he still the main of yours? I enjoy seeing that sort of thing, and you're an American, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I actually don't mind it well, but I give yeah, like I talked some trash and I give it out as well. And it's all part of the entertainment of the horspeker. It adds more kind of controversy to it as more to the game, like we're talking about it right now. Like Jack's an entertainer. We all know that he was an entertainer for us. He played for us. You know now he's played for Hawthorne. What did he do exactly?
Speaker 6: Well, he was so used to play for Collingwood. He now he's now gone to the Hawks. And the Collingwood fans were blowing up that he was sort of rubbing it in their noses a bit that now he was with Hawthorne and they were absolutely smatching the rise. There was much conversation on the socials about it. People were not happy.
Speaker 4: Do we see the foot He was called off in Ballaratte because of how cold it was. It was a local game there that ye pulled the pin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, My first game I ever played in Ballaratte was of AFL in general AFL VFL any level was in Ballarte and it was cold leading Sonny on the same games.
Speaker 4: Bloody the weekend. All right, well look makee you're going to hang out with us throughout the morning. Yes, tell you what, you watch your back around here? Clinton, you know what the industry is like?
Speaker 7: Wow, exactly, Platon, Well.
Speaker 6: We haven't got him reading the news, but maybe we should should we give him a.
Speaker 4: New news actually, and I'll be honest, you couldn't go any worse than we normally. That's good. Far up the satellite from Paris, we have Clints down away in town for the Olympics, which is still what six months away? Is it?
Speaker 6: It feels like you've been in Paris forever.
Speaker 8: What an uncouth family we have this morning, the four of us. I am in Paris, and look what I love about Paris first impressions. I love how Parisians don't really give a ship like, you know, you can be anywhere at any time, and they just sort of thumb your thumb their nose that you you know, they just go their business.
Speaker 7: But what also impresses me is.
Speaker 8: They don't really make much of an effort to speak much English. It's fair enough because they're in their own they're in their own backyard, so fair enough too. So a lot of things get lost in translation. And that happened to a great colleague and friend of mine, Tony Jones.
Speaker 4: You know what can I just put out? I can imagine TJ walking around with his iPhone and one of those translating apps.
Speaker 6: He'd have a money belt with his passport under his ship to.
Speaker 4: Jones would be a money belt wearer.
Speaker 6: What's he done?
Speaker 8: He is, He's kicking around in a hurly cap and a pair of Birken stuff. He's looking every part astray and can't understand why none of the pubs stock VB. But anyway, he's been he's been a way for it for some time, and he's running low on one thing, that being underwear.
Speaker 7: So it happens, it does.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, you need to clean bear every day. So he's out, he's fresh out, and he hasn't been to the laundromat anyway. He gets to the department store across the it's sort of like one of these mega supermarket department stores. It is huge, It's like I think it's multi level. There around hundreds of people, hundreds of shoppers. It's quite chaotic and a lot of Frenchies just going about their business.
Speaker 7: Anyway, Tony walks in there and he is just he's confused.
Speaker 6: Is he overwhelmed, because you can get overwhelmed in those department stores.
Speaker 4: I get overwhelmed a maya.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, the European department stores are like they're.
Speaker 7: Hardcore, very hardcore, and this look.
Speaker 8: He goes to seek some help because surely there's surely there's a lovely grocery assistant or shop assistant or someone who would speak English and help him. Anyway, he barrels up to one one young lad and he says, excuse me, I need to find some jocks docks.
Speaker 4: Also, Tony would be so condescending to the way he talks.
Speaker 8: There's no bonjour, Just excuse me, I need to find some job shocks.
Speaker 6: I don't think the French called lingerie jocks.
Speaker 4: I don't think Tony's asking for laun.
Speaker 7: Not the lacey anyway.
Speaker 9: So the French, he replies, jookes, what is jokes? And he goes, you know, jocks, Jookes don't understand what is jokes anyway. Tony's like, just need a new pair of jocks, like a packs. So Frenchy just he goes ah, I understand.
Speaker 8: So he marches him up to the corner of the department slash grocery superstore and presents him with the produced department.
Speaker 6: No, just completely wrong.
Speaker 8: Tony went bright red stormed out in a fit of rage, as he does. And I believe he still hasn't replenished his jocks stock.
Speaker 6: He's still got rereach grundies, got no and TJ around Paris.
Speaker 4: At the nice hotel or is he at the Neva tailler with yourself? Sorry?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is at lenot.
Speaker 6: What's the name of Can't you lend him some jocks?
Speaker 10: Come on, I wouldn't that way.
Speaker 8: I just I can't imagine I'm not sharing my jocks with Tony Jones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, story though, no.
Speaker 4: One's been in Clinton pants for quite some time. And teacher the person I was expecting. I'll be honest, we are paying your bills, yes, after seven. But first though.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden is going to stand down from the presidential ratio.
Speaker 11: He's stepping down.
Speaker 1: President Biden has announced he will stand down from the research.
Speaker 4: Breaking news overnight out of the US Sleepy Joe the Walking Skeleton.
Speaker 6: I don't like you saying that, mate, Honestly, I don't like it at all. I actually so Joe Iden has pulled out of the US President's I just like sorry watching my grandfather and I feel so I just people laugh at him tripping over and falling.
Speaker 4: Over the sorry, the people around him should have got him to step down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, the Democratic How do you woke up now?
Speaker 6: Mason Cox is co hosting with us this morning, which is actually a really great day for you to be as an American. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 5: It is a wild experiment that's happening right now in the US. It is very late, obviously in the whole presidential election campaign for them to switch. So for Kamala Harris to come up and be kind of the face of this now, it's I'd almost call it panic stations from them.
Speaker 4: Let's she's a sacrificial lamp. They know they're not going to win it now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's what's the vibe like amongst your family and friends people before Joe pulled out? Was it a feeling of like, God, what do we do here? Because a lot of people are saying there's not a good option.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think yeah, it's it's what's the lesser of the two options. But yeah, a lot of people are asking me how they can get Australian citizenship at the mar if I'm married.
Speaker 4: A wife, You've just gone from a seven to nine. But what's her story? She's been VP for the last four years, Let's be honest, that's you know, you're not it's a great job because you dog all is she liked?
Speaker 5: I think she's she's a bit like that. She's a bit what you just said. I think people are kind of confused as to kind of what policies she supports and things like that. And that's going to be massive for her, you know, next month, to really kind of push that initiative of telling people exactly what she wants to do in her presidency if she makes it.
Speaker 4: But she's not hated or anything, or it's just a bit bland, like people are just.
Speaker 5: Indifferent, right, But then again, like Joe Biden was vice president for you became president, so there.
Speaker 6: Is you know of It would be interesting to see how Donald Trump plays it though, because his whole case has been he's the better option than Joe Biden because he's like just been criticizing all the things Joe's getting wrong.
Speaker 4: He's already come out saying, you know, like he should have stepped down ages.
Speaker 6: But now he's going to start to get question question.
Speaker 4: I don't want to offer you money because there's a small, slim chance you might get it right. I will happily be your butler for a week if you can tell me who is our vice prime minister?
Speaker 6: Our vice prime minister?
Speaker 4: Did you know we had what? Well? I assume I'm pretty sure we do.
Speaker 6: Do you know, Brady?
Speaker 5: Yep, it is Richard Miles.
Speaker 6: It's just a Today Show correspondent these days. He's on the Today Show like every your second day.
Speaker 7: Never heard of Miles?
Speaker 3: Yeah you have?
Speaker 6: He's quite like handsome. He's a handsome guy. Richard always on the Today Show.
Speaker 7: He is Richard Miles.
Speaker 12: MP's the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia, Minister for Defense and the Federal Member for Correo Geelong.
Speaker 6: He's from Geelong. He's always a yeah you thought he was a Today Show correspondent, corresponding show. That's the only time did you know that? Mate?
Speaker 5: No idea? Now I'm not from here.
Speaker 6: What a what are you? That's terrible? You're an Australian citizen, are you an American?
Speaker 4: Can? You be.
Speaker 6: So do you have to vote?
Speaker 5: I get to vote in the US, Yeah, voting.
Speaker 6: And then you did that from here, do you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You sit in it. So it cost me like cost me like thirty bucks to vote in the US. Send the mail over.
Speaker 6: One of those weird countries. You don't have to vote.
Speaker 5: No, no, you don't. Now, so a lot of people don't vote. A lot of people don't.
Speaker 6: I feel like there'll be a lot of people not voting.
Speaker 5: Over the last kind of three elections, though, I feel like that number is definitely increased, just because it's so controversial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's happening in all honesty, Richard math I thought he was the new lor Oaks.
Speaker 6: He's always wearing too long jersey's on the when the Cats play with.
Speaker 4: Right good looking. Yeah yeah yeah. You'd want him representing you at the UN wouldn't you. It is all happening in the Formula.
Speaker 13: One definitely one of the dreams picked up, you know. I think the first one was was reaching F one and the second one is winning a race. And I managed to thick tho of them off. Now, so very very happy. I don't think it's sunk in yet. I think I'll ast the needs more times.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: That was Oscar Piastree there talking this morning about his first win in Formula one rom pre and hes beautiful, mum. I can't imagine anyone he's more excited this morning than Nicole Piastre, friend of the show. She joins us, Now, good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: How are you congratulations?
Speaker 14: Thank you? I'm well, thank you?
Speaker 4: Hungover yet or still on the high?
Speaker 14: Thank you? I've had about an hour late. Yeah, still on the high definitely, Nicole.
Speaker 4: If you had a chance to chat with you, boy, No, I have not.
Speaker 14: I've actually just seen him on TV.
Speaker 4: You know, isn't it amazing? That is like any relationship with a parent anyway, and it'd be like that'd be right. He'll text me back after his text all his friends tell you, Yeah, I.
Speaker 14: Just meant that he's stuck in Budapest and on his way home. He did say that he called his mother, so I'm waiting.
Speaker 6: I'm sure, Oh gosh. I hope he doesn't feel free to hang up on us if he calls through. Now, Nicole, hey, tell us, how did you watch the race? Because there are so many Grand Prixs during the year, did you have a feeling about this one going into it, or did you just watch it like every other Grand Prix.
Speaker 14: No, you can't have a feeling about them because when you start to do that and it just stoves your head in. So no, no, just watching at home with my partner, with sisters.
Speaker 6: Just yep, with you, sorry with a was up with you? The whole family was watching. Yeah, yeah, ready to celebrate. What time was it like three o'clock in.
Speaker 4: The morning, waking him? If it's getting down to the last couple of laps, it'd be like, you wake up right now and watch your brother.
Speaker 14: It was, No, it was it started at eleven, so it was about I don't know that. I think it was about twelve thirty at all. Finished. Yeah, right, race and then there was interviews and then the phone was just.
Speaker 6: Going crazy nuts. I bet. I mean the fault for you this has been this is your been, your son's lifelong dream as a mum. How does it feel to watch him achieve that and win his first Grand Prix.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's it's you know, it's very it's really I don't think it's kissed in yet. It's still hard to to kind of believe that that's my kid. On the TV. Now, I'm just I'm just it's just his works really hard. He sacrificed a lot, he deserves it, So I just, you know, I'm just really really happy for him.
Speaker 4: It sounded so calm in the audio we just played then. I mean he even said himself, you know, I don't think it's sunk in yet? Is he that sort of lad like? Yeah? Right, you're not going to say it like he doesn't.
Speaker 14: It takes it. Yeah, it takes a lot to get off going.
Speaker 6: Surely this is it. Surely at some point he'll get to celebrate, once all the media and the carry on is over, he'll get a quiet moment with his team to properly celebrate Hagghood.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure he will. But he's Yes, he's by nature painfully reserved.
Speaker 6: He didn't get that gene from Unicol.
Speaker 14: No, he definitely did not.
Speaker 4: So did you say he's heading home now?
Speaker 14: No? No about the home his home?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right, Yeah. I was going to say, because if you're picking him up from the airport, surely that's a park and walk in situation.
Speaker 14: You're going, yeah, no, No, it's actually not normally, but isn't. No, we do the jump and run. We've we've been, We've done I've done a lot of airport runs lifetime, so we've got it down. Pat and Nicole.
Speaker 6: I was texting you recently when we were both overseas in Europe. I think you're in Pullia watching the silver Stone Grand Prix and you were texting me saying, we can't really understand what's happening because the commentary is in Italian and you're trying to You're like, I'm maring the name Piastre a lot, but I'm not quite stall what's going on.
Speaker 14: It was crazy and we couldn't even you know, I think it's it's one. I didn't realize how much I rely on the commentary. Do you know what's going on?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 14: And then of all the languages, Italian was they were so excited and we couldn't tell if it was rainy, if it wasn't. I'm texting my partner about who's back in Melbourne, going what is going on? Why are they doing this? It was just chaos.
Speaker 4: Nicole, please take this the right way. But are you a screamer like when you're watching.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not.
Speaker 14: And you know the girls always had a go at me I gus the worst I is just go like that, and the girls hate it because it's scares them. F I'll have you know that Oscar and his sisters are far more animated and exciteable when they play Mario Cars.
Speaker 4: How is he on Mario cart any? Good?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: That I just quickly you just mentioned there when you're like, you know, you gasp and they're like, what's wrong, what's wrong? And we've got Mason Coxy from the Pies today, and I know we've spoken Mace to your mum before. It must be so hard being a family member watching you know, your son compete in something that's so dangerous.
Speaker 5: Is there.
Speaker 4: It's a balance, I guess of excitement and constant nerves.
Speaker 5: I feel free to call because it's my mom was a gasper too. She's very much the same. But it is tough. I mean, I can imagine with you, like like we were mentioning earlier, just having to watch it all times of the night and get up and support your son go all over the world. It's pretty incredible. So credit to you, and I'm so stoked for you, Like I know you've been so excited right now and he's probably, you know, celebrating with Kim Ketle.
Speaker 7: Is his a little physio over there?
Speaker 5: Good for Kim?
Speaker 14: Yes and yes. Kim sent through a photo of him and Oscar with the trophy. It is, without a doubt, the worst photo.
Speaker 6: I can good.
Speaker 14: I can't believe you sent it to me.
Speaker 6: So I've got that great frame it it's a framer Nicole. Congratulations. You must be so proud. Thanks for jumping on with us. We love having you as part of our show.
Speaker 14: You're welcome. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 6: Guys, let's tell me Champagne to celebrate soon. We must, we must, we must. There you going to Coole Piastri There her son, Oscar Piastree just one his first Grand Prix for McLaren over in Hungary. Our Melbourne boy, and we love claiming people from Melbourne and Australia when they do great things.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about a story. Little suffer happened to me recently.
Speaker 4: I text Mace last night. I said, just never had anything rogue happened in your life last week or so?
Speaker 6: I feel like that's a very open ended question for someone like mate.
Speaker 5: There was a long message back. There was a lot of different dart points within it. But there was one story that kind of came up and I want to kind of get a bit of your opinion on this, right, so recently it was at a game, and yeahs as fans do they have a few drinks at the game, you know, they get a bit enjoyable of whatever.
Speaker 6: I've seen. That question would see too many.
Speaker 4: Beers because you you played VFL on the weekend, you've been out because of injury. When you were out, do you sit with the players or are you in the stands?
Speaker 5: You sit with the public.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have like a little section right with the wives and girlfriends and mums and dads and there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not really sex section together.
Speaker 13: Yea.
Speaker 5: So people do kind of come down and ask for photos and stuff like that, which is nice and lovely, right, but there's a specific women or a woman on the way out and yeah, I'll get out of my seat, you know, the game's kind of over. I'm going down to the rooms, and this lady stops and she goes, oh my gosh, can I get a photo? I said, of course, of course. I can kind of tell she's had a few drinks at this point right now, she's a shorter, and she was excited.
Speaker 4: Clear she was a Collingwood fan.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I covered in calm and stuff. But her friend was not. I will say that her friend was not. But she came to me. She asked her photo. I said, yeah, of course, you know, and this is this lady. She's what you say, she's over sixty, over seventy maybe, right, so she's kind of towards nearing death.
Speaker 6: Yeah, star not true, young at heart, young at heart?
Speaker 4: He does it go right?
Speaker 5: And she's she's a bit shorter, right, So obviously I'm a very tall person. She's a bit short. So it's very awkward whenever you hug someone that's short, because.
Speaker 6: You must be because even sometimes we're friends and sometimes when I hug you, I'm like headfirst in your belly button, and I'm like, this is weird, Yes, weird. Why did I turn around? Like you know, you hug someone, your head normally goes over the door.
Speaker 5: It's not the same with everyone that So this lady was about five feet tall, right, so she was she was really quite sure, right, So she's asked for this photo, and this your friend's taking the photo and she goes and yeah, I'm kind of awkwardly, like where do I where I put my hand? You know, it's king to like across her head essentially. So she comes over and she, you know, puts her arm around me, and her arms about at my waist and her arm goes around me and then it moves a bit south. She gives the full cup of the cheek. Now I'm not saying I'm saying she gave me you.
Speaker 6: Can't do that. You can't do that, lady.
Speaker 5: It was it kind of shocked me.
Speaker 4: You know, did you look down and then you get the little wink back.
Speaker 6: From the old duck.
Speaker 5: Girlfriend, but not that dusperate.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 6: What did you say you can't do that?
Speaker 5: I kind of just laughed off a bit.
Speaker 4: You have to when you're that age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's that age.
Speaker 6: So what do you the other way around? If some six year old blow came and squeeze my butt, I'd kneecap him.
Speaker 4: If your partner squeezes yourcap him.
Speaker 5: Oh, but there was so I want to say it was. Her son was there too, and he was he was thoroughly embarrassed because she goes, oh, you're so hamps him and then she cups the cheek and I didn't know how to react.
Speaker 6: No, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: So this morning we want to talk.
Speaker 2: Naughty Nana.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 6: Do you have a naughty nana?
Speaker 4: Yeah, kinking nana, whether she you know, gets on the madoris and watches a bit of game shows in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: Remember one of our producers, producers, Celeste, had a saucy manner.
Speaker 4: That's right, she did too.
Speaker 6: Nana was always trying to hit on her friends.
Speaker 4: And I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Speaker 6: Celestis nursing homes.
Speaker 4: Are like schoolies week. Oh my, at ten o'clock those doors get unlocked and I'm talking ten am. Those doors are unlocked and they're moving between rooms. Let me tell you.
Speaker 6: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Do you have a saucy grandparent?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, it will take grandoud's as well.
Speaker 6: Maybe like you Hefner, he might have six girlfriends there.
Speaker 4: Out there enough, we'll refer to them as Heifner. He's a bit on the nose, oh is he?
Speaker 6: Maybe Grandma's not like you know what I mean the velvet robe just what I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Reckon, I think just gop thirteen twenty four to ten. In return, I got free stuff to go this morning. How about a two hundred dollars Cogan voucher. Coca dot com helps you get what you want for less Coga dot com. Now that is clicking awesome. We are looking for Naughty.
Speaker 6: Nana's Naughty Grandparents.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten to join us heeron Nova. We're talking about well, naughty grandparents.
Speaker 5: Naughty Nana.
Speaker 4: You know, Mason Cox just asked me during the song.
Speaker 6: What did he ask you during the song? What did you ask Mace?
Speaker 4: He said, surely, do you remember your question? No, go ahead, go ahead. It's like surely because we're you know, we're talking to old people on dating websites and stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's one called Silver Singles for the Silver.
Speaker 4: Foxes of the Mace was like, surely, Like do you still want it at that age?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Here again, I guess, so you go quick.
Speaker 6: I don't know, I'm not a grammar or I'm not that old.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, dating apps, it gets worse.
Speaker 5: Do you get not worst but a company?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Companies great, But we're talking about you know, doing.
Speaker 6: The d I don't know. I haven't asked my nanny in a while, and I don't think I ever.
Speaker 4: You're both fighting to be on the bottom. I'm too old to climb now.
Speaker 6: Mace got hit on by a grandma. You still got it? Brother? Oh yeah, and we want to know. I'm thirteen, twenty fourteen. Do you have a saucy grandparent? Ash from Corfield, Good morning.
Speaker 4: I hang on phone lines a planner?
Speaker 6: Is this Microsoft down again?
Speaker 4: Microsoft is down?
Speaker 6: Or is it Jason's user error? Let's go to Kerry get our carry morning Kerry. We're good now?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it your grandmother?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, so she's ninety four. She's over life, you know, she's just had enough. Everyone else is going and she's not, and she's just miserable. But then she's some. Anytime one of our partners will come over, whether it be my partner, my auntie's partner, my dad, anyone, she will just be a completely different person. This flirt comes out in her. It's oh I need help with this for or can you help me just come over here a minute? Or she just she's flirty and yeah it's hilarious.
Speaker 6: How nice? But is she like really sassy with the females in her life and then super flirty with the blokes.
Speaker 15: Oh, I wouldn't say satty. She's just miserable, and you know she she just she's just miserable. Then all of a sudden, come over and it's like she's this happy, bubbly like oflight men.
Speaker 6: Get the firemen's calendar over there, get a pool cleaner, a gardener.
Speaker 4: She's in a unit with no pool. I don't know why these go.
Speaker 6: I'll make you.
Speaker 4: Let's hit the corefield. Ash you got a snare? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Are you there?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Ash So.
Speaker 11: So my nan loves to give my partner a big kiss on the lips, hello and goodbye. There is And it's just something that she's done from the start. And I said him one day, I was like, and it's like, she's, you know, eighty three, she's a widow. She's never going to kiss another boy again.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, let her get let me get anyone else?
Speaker 4: Or is it just yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 11: She'll try to like aim for the lips, but I always dodge it.
Speaker 6: I love that your partner's just going with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 6: We'll give her a little.
Speaker 5: As long is the kiss out of curiosity?
Speaker 6: Did she linger?
Speaker 11: No, It's just a quick peck on the lips.
Speaker 6: She's still got it good on your man.
Speaker 4: Is your mom kiss you on the lips?
Speaker 5: When you say no, I will find the kiss on the cheek a bit weird.
Speaker 6: That's like, really, no, you're so fictionate though you're a big hugger.
Speaker 5: I'm a big hugger because I feel like I'm just like a big bear. Yeah, and just like cuddling.
Speaker 6: Like I was still going for a hug for you and you went to kiss me, you end up kissing me on the top of the head.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well it's hard down.
Speaker 6: Down to the Nana is the little day. They get smaller as they get older.
Speaker 4: Know where we Mason Cox and the Mighty Pies is our guest co host and we have another special guest.
Speaker 7: Our next guest is a.
Speaker 2: Melbourne girl, a fashion designer and most importantly one of Fluzz's good mates.
Speaker 1: I was previously working in magazines and then I had my own fashion retailer called the Connection with my sister that still allowed me to then launch Henny in the brand.
Speaker 2: And she's recently been competing and one of the most grueling challenges of all time, Dancing with the Stars. Please welcome to the show, Sunnier by heel, yes.
Speaker 6: Good morning, No morning. This is like bringing your friend to workday.
Speaker 4: I promised we're going to be gentle. She's nervous.
Speaker 6: She's nervous. You don't do a lot of media, do you know.
Speaker 1: I'm always nervous. Can I go on radio, live or anything like this? But I know I'm in safe pans.
Speaker 6: You're in pans hate Dancing with the Stars. Now, the boys didn't watch. I watched last night.
Speaker 7: Firstly, fit.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, could you watch it back? Because you recorded it so long ago, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so long ago, but it's hard to watch yourself on TV. And I just couldn't watch it because I knew obviously the outcome and I knew how it went. And I got my partner to taper on his little iPhone. I said, just you watch it. I'll put the boys to bed, and then I'll look at it later in my own time.
Speaker 6: And have you watched it yet?
Speaker 5: Bits of it?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: Bits of it? Okay. So firstly, you're the most glamorous there and you have the coolest dance partner, will you. Yeah, he's so great.
Speaker 1: He was so much fun and he was just yeah, such a vibe and he's always Yeah, he always looks the best.
Speaker 4: There is there any vibe amongst the other celebs, anyone throwing the leg over.
Speaker 6: There each other.
Speaker 1: I actually heard about that before I started doing the show, when the producers told I hadn't no idea.
Speaker 6: I mean, Rachel married her partner.
Speaker 1: I knew that, but I was just like, I had no idea how much actually went on. But none of that went on from what I saw, none of that went on.
Speaker 6: None of his partner, Pete, who is just divine. You guys have been together for a couple of years now. Was he cool with you doing it? He was get jealous.
Speaker 1: He was cool initially, but then when I actually told him about what the producer said to me in that first chat, he was.
Speaker 6: Like, what what, Well, that doesn't actually go on. I said, yeah, what did they say?
Speaker 1: They just said that that has happened in the past, that a lot of couples actually are kind of together. And I told him everything, and then he's a little bit concerned, but he was okay.
Speaker 5: After have you told him a few dance moves?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: I taught him a few dance moves. Well, if you watch the show, doesn't look like I've learned that many days.
Speaker 6: So Nud's got kicked off last night if you missed it, she's the first one out, and I was screaming at the teacher, whoever that first judge is. Didn't I storm in here this morning saying that guy's a jerk, like it's supposed to be fun, you're not a professional dancer, and his comments. I wanted to jump through the TV and kick him in the shins.
Speaker 4: The ice queen Helen Richie, she.
Speaker 6: Was nice, yeah, right, even she was a bit nice because I think the other one was just like.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: Though he was really lovely when he wasn't when you weren't dancing, a bit of a character.
Speaker 1: And also it's really hard when you're doing a show like that, because I wish I could could have just got out there and just like danced and ran around. But it's like it's all about the techniques. It was a borroom star, so I had to hold my neck back. It was really awkward, couldn't move, and that I had to do the heel step, and there's all these little things you have to do which no one really knows about. So I did think I probably looked a little bit awkward.
Speaker 4: Have you been asked to be on reality shows before? A few? Which ones have you knocked back?
Speaker 6: I'm a celebrity, you would be good at.
Speaker 4: That falls like animal balls and stuff like that not your thing, testicles for breakfast or sounding like.
Speaker 1: I actually think I'd be okay, Like, yeah, you think I'd be okay.
Speaker 4: I know the food bit is why I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 6: No, I's a bit of a challenge be good at that one, because like a lot of people see Nahty, she's just beautiful, like the most gorgeous girl you've ever seen. But I think it would let people get to know you, and you're funny and quirky, and.
Speaker 1: It was just a time away from the boys. So I just think it's a little bit too long. And even dancing was long, but it was easy because some of it was shot in Melbourne, so with other bean Melbourne. So I think it's just that if I didn't have kids, I would actually love the challenge, even survivor. I feel like survive would be so much fun. It would be so hard, but then once again you're away for a while.
Speaker 4: Last sing it, I.
Speaker 5: Can't see.
Speaker 1: Entertainment and no performing that is not my jam was on stage.
Speaker 6: Okay, so Daisy with the Stars aside, because Ben Cousins was just absolutely woeful in that last dance and there's no way you should have got knocked off instead of him. But how's like, life's great. You've got Henny, You've just opened a store in Sydney. You're killing it. You're a mum of two beautiful boys. Yes, yeah, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: It's great at the moment opening up our Sydney store at for Henny was just incredible and it's so nice being there. And yeah, the boys, two boys, So there are a lot boys your partner five and eight, Yeah they're in that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's got.
Speaker 4: Three boys, three boys under under ten. How I could have school holidays? Right?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 6: Are the boys good at footy? May you would know? Like you see lots of guys at your club who have little ones that come through and they just naturally pick up footies and can kick them.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was not me obviously.
Speaker 6: Are you are you also Caen footy players?
Speaker 3: They are?
Speaker 1: I think they're more into soccer and basketball, they play all of it. Aston was definitely like you could definitely kick aboard at the age of like one or two, just like you.
Speaker 6: Just just knew how to love it. Henley not so much. Chan was a little bit more arty and like that kind of thing. But they're not that. They tend to like basketball a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bit easier for them maybe inside sports way better.
Speaker 4: That's what I got my boys into. We can have a latte indoors, let's go basketball, and I have a no cricket rule in the house, okay, because it's an all day activity.
Speaker 6: This has been coming up a lot.
Speaker 1: Aston wants to start cricket and speaking to a few moms and they're like, whatever you do. If you think that soccer and foot is bad all day, you will literally be there like from morning to night.
Speaker 4: Unless you're able to park the car up on the hill and over.
Speaker 6: Get a cricket ball through the window and then she hit the horn. Be is another great girlfriend of ours. She's a real cricket mom, isn't she.
Speaker 1: I was chatting about her on the weekend with one of our new friends, Jess Roberts, who is really close with all of us and Beck, and Beck knows her crickets. When I first met Beck all those years ago, I remember like one of the day tests was on.
Speaker 6: And I was like, oh, I bet it's so boring.
Speaker 1: Chris, Chris like no, Beck like love cricket. She knows everything about it, Popper sports yasy.
Speaker 6: She is a proper sports nuffy, isn't she And like yes, yeah, all day Yeah, she knows everything about sport. Really into cricket, and I had no idea. I got no idea with cricket.
Speaker 4: I went to the boxing day test once and people are sitting there with their lunch boxes and everything all day on that.
Speaker 6: It goes for five days.
Speaker 4: Tell me about I last an hour.
Speaker 1: So you're not into cricket.
Speaker 4: Not a cricket guy, he's not really.
Speaker 6: A sports guy. I can't throw imagine your mum dancing with the stars. We shall get you. You should try to do it. We were in a night club together on the weekend and I've got a video of you trying to teach your sisters how.
Speaker 4: To dance that I will pay you a lot of money to.
Speaker 6: Hey, who do you think I'll win dancing with the stars?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Maybe Lisa, She's amazing on there and sam Jack, Samoantha, Ja, Samoutha, Jade's so good.
Speaker 6: Last night I was telling them boys. Julie Goodwin was doing some I don't know ballroom situation. Julie Goodwin, she's so great dance partner had it picked up, was splitting her around in the air. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: She injured herself and everything when she came back here. That's after she she literally was told that she wouldn't be able to like dance at all.
Speaker 6: And Ben was so sweet.
Speaker 1: I remember one of the days he was like helping her, was like, this is what you've got to do to ice.
Speaker 6: Did she recovered? Yeah, she recovered so well.
Speaker 4: Of course I know she.
Speaker 1: She had like a broken leg and she couldn't walk, but she still bet me.
Speaker 6: That's where I'm at. Oh, no, you were great. I loved watching you.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 6: Thank god it's over.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks guys.
Speaker 6: So at the end of last week, Mace I was telling the boys work. In fact, Clint was invited. He couldn't come. But it was my brother's fortieth birthday, the Big four.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 6: He had a big pardy on Friday. He and his best mate Jace, they are like a few days apart, so they had a joint fortieth birthday. It was so much fun. I felt like I felt like I was at the twenty first again, you know, like fortieth to the new twenty first they are, because I'm like, we're here, We're doing it. I've got fortieths, like back to back at the moment, it's that's where I'm at. You go from the year of eighteenth to the years of twenty four and then all of a sudden you're at.
Speaker 4: Fortieth or you were planning those birthday.
Speaker 6: So I had a big family day.
Speaker 7: You had.
Speaker 4: My three sisters flying in from Brisbane.
Speaker 5: Yes, lovely Michelle Rayle and he's got a Leticia Wow.
Speaker 4: Mom and dad obviously went through an urban stage anyway. So my three sisters come down and they were Sand's children and partner. Yes, so they were really ready to just they.
Speaker 6: Popped in here. On Friday. I got to meet all three of them. One is seems far more sensible than the others, sat fair enough.
Speaker 5: To say, I don't feel like that's Letitia.
Speaker 6: It's not Michelle Arda.
Speaker 4: On Saturday night, I took the girls out to Sonderbar and Bentley, just out a little local. Now, I thought, this is just their little brother taking their sister out. For taking his sister out for a couple of drinks. Lovely, So we're out a little bit of tappers, a couple of cocktails.
Speaker 6: One thing led to another jays.
Speaker 4: Then it was about ten o'clock and I'm like, all right, well, you know, we all dunch. We had home, and that's when the eldest and the youngest sister were like, well, no, we're just getting started.
Speaker 5: Well let's go.
Speaker 4: Where can we go out?
Speaker 6: Well, so I got a text Saturday night, ten fifteen pm. I didn't know was that way? I also say so. I had gone to Electric, that nightclub bar that which kicks off at about ten. We had been at a birthday lunch and they agreed to open early for us at seven pm.
Speaker 4: Right, anybody else in Electric at seven.
Speaker 6: PM's not normally open. They opened it and we all rolled in, just the part that sixty seventy people from the party. We had the whole night club to ourselves. It was the weirdest thing, but I was like, this is living.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm a boss.
Speaker 4: At ten thirty, they no longer had the club to themselves because.
Speaker 6: I got a text saying, how's the birthday going, Lauren? I'd been at lunch, mind you, this at ten thirty I have one sister who's acting like a twenty one year old. So we're going out and I said, come to Electric and he said the big question, which is always on Jason's lips, can I wear my hat?
Speaker 4: Because keep in mind I wasn't dressed to go out or anything. So at ten thirty, I'm now rolling into Electric. This was a man at girl never leaves his suburb with his a lot older sisters.
Speaker 6: And I said, yeah, come on down, but I'm leaving at midnight, like Cinderella is out of here at midnight. He said, I just told my sister you will be home by midnight. She said, what a loser. What a loser is what she said.
Speaker 4: So we rolled in. We joined Bow's birthday celebrations. Lauren did leave was maybe about twelve thirty. I think you did the phantom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I had. This is the I said to someone, Jase's coming. How does he get in because by that stage is a huge one. And they said, I just tid him to go to the front Saint's Jason from Jason and he goes, I can't do that. You have to go up to the front seat. I'm Jason from Jason.
Speaker 5: There is sisters that do it.
Speaker 4: There was absolutely no way I was going to do that. I'd rather climb the five stairs. Now, speaking of stairs, there's a lot of stairs.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of stairs. There's a ballroom staircase going up that joint, not that I would not.
Speaker 4: So can I flash forward now to one am. Lauren has now left me in the bar?
Speaker 6: I did I did slightly break my curfew?
Speaker 4: I am there partying with my two older sisters, just begging them can we go home? And that's when my elder sister looks at me and goes, all right, two more, two more.
Speaker 6: She's going to say three more songs.
Speaker 4: More, Speaking of which she goes, did she have three more? No? She leant over to the DJ and asked if he would put on a remix of Mister bright Side.
Speaker 6: Oh no, lot.
Speaker 4: Her and said, no.
Speaker 6: I love you in the wrong place. Go back to Frostbites.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 4: So, there we were at one o'clock in the morning, and I'm I'm holding my oldest sister trying to get her down the stairs and take her home, feeling like I was the parent.
Speaker 6: Well, I left and left my very responsible forty year old just newly forty year old brother and his wife to be there, who, even though we live in the same street, then left ten minutes after me to realize they'd lost the house keys to jump the fence, and he thinks he's broken his ankle. Happy birthday, Bowen, Happy birthday, big brother.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: Good night, the hospital, the state.
Speaker 4: I saw your brother, and if a broken ankle is the only thing he felt it, then he would have Here we go one question, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: It goes off today on a Monday. Come on, I want to give away because Mason Cox is co hosting with us this morning, and would it be fun for you to give away to five thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: I would love to five I would say this is gettable. Today's question. All right, let's go to the phones and after Friday's little outage, hope to god they work.
Speaker 6: Lex from Parkdale, good morning, Good morning, Lex. What do you do with yourself? What do you do for a crust?
Speaker 15: I'm a lawyer, Actually I'm smart.
Speaker 6: She's a lawyer. All right, We've got three questions lined up for you. A tricky question for five grand, a medium question for five hundred, or an easy one for fifty bucks. What are you leaning towards?
Speaker 14: I would love a hard one, hopefully a hard one.
Speaker 5: For five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Lex just quickly, did you watch suits? And how accurate was it?
Speaker 14: I did watch suits?
Speaker 15: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What about Judge?
Speaker 6: I'm watching one called Your Honor at the moment. It's pretty hardcore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's good.
Speaker 12: God.
Speaker 6: I love Judge Judy, Judge Judy Chamberlain.
Speaker 4: This is her court route. This is okay, let's watcause all right, Lex in parked our Mason's to give you a question. You will have three seconds to answer. If you don't know, guess Lex, All right, come on here we go, good luck? All right?
Speaker 5: The question is what was the score in last year's AFL Grand Final three two?
Speaker 14: Holly?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 4: For the score?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately we were It was ninety to eighty six. They won by four points. Remember how could you forget?
Speaker 4: I was watching it at Stomping Ground and my rabbins standing on the tables yelling at the team.
Speaker 6: I was there, like a proper Collingwood fan, not back Collwood in the stand, screaming solid best day of your life? Base?
Speaker 5: But were you doing that?
Speaker 4: Lex? Unfortunately, no cash? This morning. But thanks for giving it a crack, all right, no thanks, all right, thanks lex I was it was a ripping grand fine. It was nothing worse. One of the score blows out, you know what I mean, we did a point.
Speaker 6: It was like j of your seat stuff for that whole last quarter.
Speaker 4: Were you on the paddock in the last corner?
Speaker 5: I was. I collapsed once the siren went, the tornado siring went, you know the thing that siren, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I just was like, I'm done for the day, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 6: Remember Mace came in for the next day and going into Mad Monday, and he was still in his uniform, was not filmed, and we put him in his in his blow up dinosaur outfit.
Speaker 4: And dropped him off for Mad Mad Monday.
Speaker 5: But you bought me McNuggets.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: That was very grateful for that because I needed at that point.
Speaker 4: We did buy your nuggets and you most gave me your your.
Speaker 6: Metal in exchange for the nuggets.
Speaker 4: Yeap, so a ten pack and sweet and house seemed like a legitimate trade at that point.
Speaker 5: I needed it.
Speaker 4: You're on the air with and Lauren.
Speaker 5: Wet It is cute? Can I so cute?
Speaker 6: Finish a good job, and then we'll talk about what.
Speaker 4: He loves. We are on the air thanks to our mates at what If It is Ozzie for travel. Clint is over in Paddy for the Olympics. We're going to cross to him very sorry.
Speaker 6: We don't care about him because we've replaced him with puppies.
Speaker 4: So, because Mason Cox is our co host this morning, you're also not only a mighty Pies play, You're also wearing another hat at the moment, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Yes, God died Victoria Ambassador, which is pretty incredible. It'sself like, We've got these puppies there.
Speaker 6: And both ambassadors for Guide Dogs and I just can't imagine how much I'm twisting it took you to get the Carter sect. Can you come and play with the puppies?
Speaker 4: Big men, little big man, little little now.
Speaker 5: But they do get a lot bigger.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I just found out during the song Mason has never in his life had a pet.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 6: Well, you're an apartment living now, so that's been hardish.
Speaker 5: I've got two older brothers. That's enough.
Speaker 4: Animals, you are not allowed to get a fish. We're not having an aquarium guy on the show.
Speaker 5: All right, well, I sometimes it's nice, you know, like my brother's got a dog, you know, and then I get to go and visit the dog and get all that you love and attention and stuff.
Speaker 6: And mumpy cuddles are the best.
Speaker 5: Always excited to see you.
Speaker 4: Can I just say so?
Speaker 6: We've got a couple of little Guide Dog pups in here this morning. Now, this is Nams. She isn't she cute?
Speaker 4: She looks just like me sitting on the couch.
Speaker 6: How many weeks old are they?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 6: Sixteen six and eight weeks? They're only eight weeks old.
Speaker 4: I really like, nothing would make my day more than that dog pissing.
Speaker 6: Okay, so the reason we've got these little pupps in Mace and I both ambassadors for the Guide Dogs. And these guys are so cute. But you know who loves puppies the most? Kids and school kids, And there's a competition at the moment where you and your school could be naming the whole litter of puppies after you. Litter, Yeah, litter, A whole litter may tell us about it.
Speaker 5: So it's called the puppy pledge, And yeah, it is an opportunity to be able to a name a whole These are these little fellows so cute? But is it a great opportunity to be able to to do this obviously, you know school children is an amazing opportunity to kind of be able to be involved in the guard Dogs Victoria campaign.
Speaker 6: So if you and your school like to get involved, you've got seven weeks to find an interesting way to raise money. You can jump on the website. It's vic dot guide, doogs dot com dot au, forward slash get involved. We will put it up on our website as well with the Puppy pledge and you can be naming these little girls.
Speaker 5: Guys are so cute?
Speaker 4: Are you? Why are you talking to me like a dog?
Speaker 6: That's what.
Speaker 4: I'm not sittingey set myself.
Speaker 6: Now we're talking puppy as well.
Speaker 5: Use a whole language.
Speaker 6: Do you want to good?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 6: GJA? A little a little pup can even make the hardest of hearts like yours.
Speaker 4: Warm up, true, Bring me the dog, Bring me the dog. Bringing the dogs warms.
Speaker 6: Let's see if it warms is cold?
Speaker 13: Heart?
Speaker 4: Can I ask a question when it comes to dogs? You a.
Speaker 5: Jesus?
Speaker 4: If the dog pisces on me? Where to God?
Speaker 6: You know what I always say, you're a solid four out of ten holding that puppy five and a half out of ten.
Speaker 4: Are are your mouth to mouth kisser when it comes to.
Speaker 6: The dogs, No, I'm not a tongue girl with the dogs. A little lick on the cheek is fine. I mean puppies like eight, all kinds of things.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, when they're not well.
Speaker 6: Guide dogs Victoria do do an amazing job though I know. Growing up my grandfather was blind and so we had a lot of involvement with people helping to provide services. He was never lucky enough to have a guide dog, but we knew people that did and it changed their lives. It gives people. It gives people an independence and I've met some extraordinary people through guard Dogs Victoria who can go and live their lives independent. I met a young woman who's catching the train from Geelong to Melbourne to go to UNI. It gives you this independence that you don't have. It literally gives people a pair of eyes when they don't have them.
Speaker 4: See when we had the police dogs in here, I got very nervous, but today I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: You love the sniffer dogs and they go through the vigorous, rigorous, process of teaching these dogs exactly what they need to do right. So it's it's none easy thing like they it's so cute, but they do an incredible job. It is something that helps so many people out there. And God dog's Victoria's you know. So they we're very both passionate about and being able to Oh.
Speaker 6: Did it wiz on? You did it on you?
Speaker 4: If I'm going to return straight here learning your best dogs speak, can you take us to the break?
Speaker 6: Oh good little Bobby, good little Bobby. Hate just quickly if you are interested in getting involved with you in your school, we'll pop the link up on our socials beak and go to vic dot guardogs dot com dot a you to get involved the dog or I've done it. But the Pies have been in the news, not just for footy reasons, Mace. Now this article caught my eye and I don't think I hate it. So Darcy Moore, captain of the Pie is great bloke, great bloke and his girlfriend Dee Sulman, who is a beautiful girl. I had dinner with them recently actually through mutual friends, and they are lovely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he seems gentle.
Speaker 6: He is gentle.
Speaker 4: He is very gentle loving, very Sony Foundation lunch and he was a guest speaker.
Speaker 7: So so well.
Speaker 6: So Dee was talking recently about living separately to Darcy. There have been a relationship for a couple of years. They live in a separate house. But then she said, I'm going to be doing this for as long as possible. I've also said to my partner that when we do move in together, if we do, we're going to have separate bedrooms. And it's got people talking.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Now you're a single fella. So but no, Mace, if you met a girl and she wanted to move in, would you feel, well, it's a lot. I can't get the change in a relationship when you move in. And what they were saying is it kind of takes away some of the fun of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, I mean the older you are, the more independent you are too, totally like things your way, You like things in certain spaces.
Speaker 4: Right like, how long you been single?
Speaker 5: Too long, Jess, be two years at least now?
Speaker 4: Probably so you're in a full blown relationship. Yeah, yeah, because I'm going to call it now, I reckon Mace would be one to struggle if a girl just started leaving things at the house, re arranging things around his place.
Speaker 5: Do you like break up with one girl? Because you put knives in the dishwasher? That was That was the last straw.
Speaker 4: I was like, hang on, what do you mean, like a like a carbon knife's.
Speaker 5: Proper cutting knife, like the nicest one of the bunch, right, the you use forever just chunks in the dishwasherings, what's the deal.
Speaker 6: I'm a bit of a dishwasher baby. It doesn't go in the dishwasher. It doesn't belong in my house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, the k sharp you know, I would really like and by all means thirteen twenty four ten. If you want to join us on the air, if there's something you do that's out of the norm to keep your relationship healthy, give us a ring.
Speaker 6: I think there's a lot of people that do do the separate bedrooms thing, especially once they've got kids, because the kid sneaks in and there's no point in both having a terrible sleep.
Speaker 4: There's a difference between sleeping separate and then separate bedrooms and Benjie Marshall, the NL play used to play for Balmont Tigers. Him and his wife Zoey, have separate rooms.
Speaker 6: Like their wardrobes are separate.
Speaker 4: Wardrobes are separate, and he's got his separate doinger. He can put his own posters.
Speaker 6: Could have a Star Wars doner.
Speaker 4: She can have it all pink or whatever she wants. That's what I want. I would love my own.
Speaker 6: Oh you're not criticizing that. You're saying you want.
Speaker 4: That as someone who's got like we've.
Speaker 6: Got the door saying no girls or children allowed.
Speaker 4: And a big fat lock, so you know what, Like it's like, you know, i'd say let's go bed together and watch TV and you know you might have some time?
Speaker 6: Then could you invite her into your room?
Speaker 4: Though I'm more of an away guy. Okay, then it's awkward and it's like, well, thanks are coming over.
Speaker 6: It's kind of fun when you're having dinner, when you're having your mundane weekly family dinner and you can.
Speaker 7: Go your room.
Speaker 4: Shall we meet on the launch? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What about a surprise visitor that's allowed in your room? Or do they have to send a text first or can just pop.
Speaker 4: In and pop in? I just you know, when it when it comes down to sleep, I just don't want like how nice would it be just to be able to have my own stuff.
Speaker 6: In You imagine having a fight with your wife and then going, well, I'm going to my room.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine.
Speaker 6: To your room, Jason, go to your room.
Speaker 4: That's living, put it up those steps, did that, and beyond it would be going, hey, I was just talking to executive producer Brody. He's thinking, he's trying to convince me to turn Jewish? What what is the Jewish community?
Speaker 6: It's cool converting.
Speaker 12: It's quite common that. You know, obviously, when there's time that their partners need to be together, they'll be in the same room. But outside of that, they've got separate rooms and they sleep and there you go.
Speaker 5: Like the different posts of their mattress.
Speaker 6: I's been a bit crooked this week and he's been sleeping the spare room and I don't know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's not bad.
Speaker 6: I think he liked well. I think he's quite enjoyed because when I get up at four o'clock, I'm not waking him up. But I'm not doing that. I'm not getting used to that.
Speaker 4: You know, because yeah, people say, yeah, see I'm a snorer.
Speaker 5: Yeah I'm a snorer too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should see my wife getting ready for bed. It takes forty five minutes. She puts on nine layers. She wears the ear plugs.
Speaker 6: That's because you make it so cold in this studio. I can only imagine how cold your house is.
Speaker 4: She looks like she's packing the dairy section of cold.
Speaker 6: That's sexy.
Speaker 4: Fort Mason Cox from The Mighty Pie is joining us this morning.
Speaker 6: Who needs Clint? When we got Coxy.
Speaker 4: Oh from AFL to Formula one though which I know you two are a fan.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh. We actually went to the Formula one, the Australian Grand Prix Toier that's earlier this year.
Speaker 4: A day I just spot Mason on the track, you know what.
Speaker 6: We actually did do the pit lane walk together and there's so many people there, get so hectic, and I was like, I have chosen the best person to do this with because I couldn't lose him. I just kept coming back, didn't I. No matter how hard you tried to shake me, I just chased you down.
Speaker 5: I'm a spotlight, I'm a lighthouse. You always confined me, and I always told you the last person because I want to fully enjoy ever experience. Right.
Speaker 6: So how good Oscar piastre winning his first Grand Prix overnight.
Speaker 4: We're going to be joined by his beautiful mum coming up inside the next few minutes. But first I want to give you the heads up on a Nova's Red Room. We have a new one locked in and ready to announce. Teddy Swims was the other week and he was incredible.
Speaker 5: Even his little chat in between songs, it was hilarious, great character.
Speaker 4: We love this place and Lauren and I have the motto we ate leaving. If there's one thing Nova do very well. Nova's Red Rooms always good. They put them on and this one is going to be just as good. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Snow please welcome to the Red Room stage. Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear advertis Hey.
Speaker 3: This is Tones and Eye.
Speaker 6: I'm next up to the stage for Novous Red Room.
Speaker 16: Tones and Eye live in Nova's Red Room presented by Glam by manicare See taking over iconic Melbourne music venue.
Speaker 3: Paula.
Speaker 6: I'd love to see that.
Speaker 17: Tones and Eyes new album, Beautifully Ordinary, is available to pre order now.
Speaker 16: To win your exclusive invites, registered via the Nova Player app or online at nov FM and keep it on Nova.
Speaker 6: Thank you, nov Thank everybody. Tones and Eye live in Nova's Red Room.
Speaker 17: Get glam ready in ten mins with glam ready lashes and nails, no glue, no mess.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, you just heard about it, Mason. You were fist pumping.
Speaker 5: I can't wait. I saw her first ever gig at the Corner Hotel years ago. Yes, first gig. It was awesome. She created a whole song on the little synthesized she does.
Speaker 6: The looping was just.
Speaker 5: Blown away, like her talent is just next well.
Speaker 6: And she started, as you know, like a one woman show Busking, and those people who grow up like Busking often can just do it all in one that I need a whole band make it sound.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a very up close and personal gig. You cannot buy tickets, you can only score invites. And the way to do that hit up the Nova Player app and you can be joining us at a Nova's Red Room where Tones and I. It's going to be an absolute ripper. Mister Mason Cox is hanging out as our guest co hosts. And look who else is popped by.
Speaker 2: Our next guess is someone we're often nervous about putting on air because well, she could really say anything the first.
Speaker 16: Time Clicks has been overtaken in subscriber numbers by special.
Speaker 3: My Only Fans.
Speaker 2: She's a South African New Zealander and one of the funniest things of the comedy saying please welcome to the shop as Ala Castle.
Speaker 6: Ring. He likes so good to see you.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 6: Mason Cox is co hosting with us this morning. Have you two met before?
Speaker 10: No, we haven't, although I recognized the name from My Only Fans.
Speaker 3: She walked like that in the Flesh video.
Speaker 6: Mason stood up and well, you're talk.
Speaker 3: I know it's crazy.
Speaker 10: You know where you go, Okay, that's tall, tall guy, and then you go, okay, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: You're going to my next He's sitting down on a desk chair and he's currently taller than news.
Speaker 10: And I want to box what big feet?
Speaker 4: Big shoes? How you back on the Telly tonight? Have you been paying attention? Shit? Eight point thirty on ten and ten play How's how's that? Good? Mate? Sam? Still grumpy?
Speaker 3: Mate? He's good.
Speaker 10: He's buffing up for the Logis you can tell he's been working.
Speaker 4: Out, can you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Can tell you.
Speaker 3: And you know he always gets his shirt.
Speaker 10: That's sort of half a size. I don't even he must get them to take it in because you get a shirt, it's either your size or it's not. This pain some places it's his size, and some places it's not. And you can tell he's got the picks as a tider there and I'm like, this is not because the rest of it is fine.
Speaker 18: He's looking, yeah, I know he is.
Speaker 3: He's looking yeah, fighting. I know the lady is going to be frothing. He sort of crosses his arms a lot.
Speaker 6: But he's hosting the logis isn't he he going to that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 18: No, never invited, mate, loose no, notthing working.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, gotta gotta keep food on the table. Kids love a bowler covery up.
Speaker 4: Just back on the shirts and stuff, you know, I long give is me crap. But like I'll shop a country road a lot because they're they're relaxed fit. I'm a medium. It's the only medium, look, you know, when.
Speaker 3: You find a ship.
Speaker 10: There's some shots that I go to and then I'm a medium, more large because they're very generous with this sizing.
Speaker 3: But it's like the plus size shop.
Speaker 10: But then they go so in a plus size shop, I'm a medium right, So I leave the label out.
Speaker 3: People want to talk like I leave that alone.
Speaker 6: Leave it.
Speaker 3: I want people to see that.
Speaker 6: Nice to you shopping like your do you have to go to special shops or wear like American brands or something because you're tall.
Speaker 5: I wear a lot of them. I do. I have to wear a tall clothing. So it's like a large toll. It's an LT.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a special shop or just different brands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's different brands, they're special.
Speaker 4: I go to Yeah, the two words I fear slim, fit, sleep, No.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 18: I guess your mom has never heard these words of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Can you take this up for me a bit? My mom is if don't buy pants.
Speaker 10: My mom waits with the sewing kit as I walk in the door, and she's like, all right, that's what's it?
Speaker 3: You've had that? I see now.
Speaker 5: It's nice now that you can angles now.
Speaker 3: Sticking out is basically my entire upper league.
Speaker 6: That much he's been wearing. He's been wearing pedal pushes his whole life.
Speaker 3: I don't yeah, yeah, I don't think you started the trend.
Speaker 10: Every middle aged mom going through perimenopause.
Speaker 3: Thanks you for it. Get that breeze on the clacker.
Speaker 4: What's the heart like on your kids?
Speaker 18: They tak Yeah, my eleven years old is taller than me.
Speaker 4: Now no, I'm waiting for that. Yeah, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 10: These kids are gross chicken on the roadside. She wants to become a boxer, but she's a string bean. She's just just She's like one of those things I saw at the second ad card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got that.
Speaker 18: She's just arms like she could be were you if you ever donated?
Speaker 3: She plays basketball, she plays things.
Speaker 10: She's just tall and lacking arms and legs. Her legs are alonger than mine.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine a kids sports.
Speaker 10: I'm not favoring at that because I'm up there, grill, I'm up the gro but I'm the one I want to fight the reef.
Speaker 3: Why are you not blowing them for the same stuff. I've got the vain problem. I never yell at the kids. I'm there for the adults. Put my back on the kids and I'm like, what are you shouting again? What's your problem?
Speaker 6: At my school, when I first played footy, there was this famous incident where the coach and one of the dads run onto the field and all the kids.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like I wouldn't let it get to that because I don't think anyone wants to fight me.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know what, you can.
Speaker 10: I just think if you have enough stuff on you, like because I've got the kids jackets, and then the kid who's not even playing, I have to carry his water bottle too, And then I've got one of those fold them up cheese. Like if you don't have one of those fold them up chairs, what are you even doing with your life? So that's under the arm. I've got the umbrella just think cause it's too sunny or too wet. And then I've got my jacket just in case. Then I've got the bag of snacks, and I've got a bad attitude going.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot going on. Yeah yeah, So when when I'm like, why did you blow the west?
Speaker 10: And then they just real all right, and you can tell they look at me before they blow them, like good good.
Speaker 3: You just got to set it up straight when you get there. So people go, we can't fight this one. It's just tone it down. It's down.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is, but my kids lose so many water bottles, like like we just keep buying water bottles. They just keep leaving places. Then one of the moms the other day basketballers go, you know what I did with my kids? She goes, I said, if you lose your water bottle, you're taking an old team liter milk container as your water bottle. And they said they did it once and they never lost a water bottle again. Should try that.
Speaker 18: Well, my kids don't lose anything because we steal stuff.
Speaker 3: So many water bottles at home. I'm like, who's is this?
Speaker 4: Can you? What's your name?
Speaker 3: Jaydon?
Speaker 10: I've had to buy this stuff to remove other kids' names water bottles.
Speaker 3: If you just get it in at ten, it's called goof. Just get that stuff right off, then your kids in your bottle.
Speaker 4: Car said in the house, she paying attention tonight eight point thirty on ten and ten play. It is good to see you may thank you for coming in this morning.
Speaker 12: Good to see.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't fight you.
Speaker 5: Either, absolutely not too much.
Speaker 3: Mad.
Speaker 5: That is Cyril and Dean Lewis fall at your feet crowded House.
Speaker 6: I mean that is a cold banger. I didn't know I needed Cyril Dean Lewis doing a crowded House cover remix. Amazing.
Speaker 4: Do you do you know crowded House, Mason Cox.
Speaker 5: Now, I have no idea. I was just kind of nod my head along with it.
Speaker 4: You don't know crowded House.
Speaker 6: Jason's trying to find it on the computer and played the original version, but he's got it typed in as tones as I. It's not tones.
Speaker 4: I I deleted a Yeah, there we go. Okay, there we crowded House.
Speaker 6: Do you reckon We've got crowded House on el siystem?
Speaker 4: If not, I might have to change it over. Yeah, I think, But Dean lewis nice work. I like it. Hey, it's just got eight past nine. This is Nomber one hundred. You're listening to Jason Lauren. Mason Cox has been filling in.
Speaker 3: Thank you for in.
Speaker 4: We are getting out of here. Coxing, well done hosting first day, the first day of internship.
Speaker 5: It was nice.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll feel like your report card a little later.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 6: Do he distracted the other peers?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I was distracted by dogs over today. That help.
Speaker 4: Have you got new respect for us? Like we actually do something around here?
Speaker 5: I'd still.
Speaker 6: It's so much fun having you.
Speaker 4: I feel the same about the pies after the weekend.
Speaker 5: Thank you for bringing it back up.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that you played in the VFL. Will we see you playing again soon.
Speaker 3: For the pies.
Speaker 5: Time will tell. I got to the full game there.
Speaker 6: So how did your body pull up? We didn't even know.
Speaker 5: So s saw it back into it, which is nice. Black eye tomorrow pretty fine. Means you're back in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you go to what clearer training session this week?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, thanks, so you should be.
Speaker 6: Right all right, good luck, Thanks for joining us, mate.
Speaker 4: Nice work, my friend. It is nine past night. Have a great day everyone. Mel is in next in fact mail? What's coming up today?
Speaker 6: I'm paying some bills how good and some epic tunes. People need their bills paid? Can you pay mine? Of course I can. I have to register on the nov of Also, I.
Speaker 4: Say, Mel, you would be a bit of a critic card fiend. I can see you being a sucker for an online purchase.
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 6: Have you been speaking to my husband?
Speaker 4: I noticed you've never worn the same thing twice. That's all.
Speaker 6: Thanks, thanks Jase, appreciate it all right.
Speaker 4: Melans the next pinty bills we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Bye.
Speaker 4: Thank you,