Speaker 1: It's show and Tell time. Time to show when tell us soul that's going on in your world. Even though we can't hear you, you can hear us.
Speaker 2: I just had this compulsion just surprise you and rip it tit out, And then I thought, oh, no, the recording this is going.
Speaker 1: To be back up somewhere. We know that if we then put it on Instagram, we'll get more likes.
Speaker 2: Oh look, mate, I don't know about that. They're not in great shape anymore. Maybe once upon a time, love it. Okay, start off with your fact mail. This is how it's Malamonte everyone, And each episode, Malk starts off with a random fact, usually one that's just sitting on a shelf in her brain that will never get used otherwise.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Well, do you know how Michael Jackson back in the eighties nineteen eighty four to be more exact act, was burnt during the recording of a Pepsi commercial? Yes, yes, which is full on. I was watching the footage the other day. I was like, oh, that was nasty. They reckon. That's what kicked off the addiction to pain meds and stuff.
Speaker 1: It would be burnt would be so unbelief. You just think of when you burn your finger, how excruciating it is. Also, you would not want to be the person who was responsible for whatever happened there, the pyrotechnics and burning Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: I don't like the word pyrotechnics. That makes me scared. I don't like any of that stuff. I'm like, that's just messing with shit anyway, Totally, this is my fact. The day Michael Jackson's hair caught fire filming the Pepsi commercial in nineteen eighty four was the day that marked the exact halfway point of his life. So he had lived for nine two hundred and eighty one days and died nine two two hundred and eighty one days later. Okay, so that that moment in time was the exact midway point of his life. I think that's fascinating.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: How do you not think that's fascinating?
Speaker 3: I mean, or are you saying because he nearly escaped death then so that's he could have died then, so then living the exact same amount of days later.
Speaker 1: I mean, Also, who the fuck worked about out that is? Look, I don't know, random, but no, I just think that's a bit of a coincidence, not a fantastic fact. But I'm glad you shared it, but I'm not impressed.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Well, how about back in the olden days, dentures were made from the teeth of dead soldiers. Do you like that much? What?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Give you that? I'll give you Michael Jackson one was fucking amazing, Like, what a massive event to happen in that one point of your life. Yeah, and that kicked off his death. Yeah, true, that's true.
Speaker 1: All right, if you think it's good, there'll be at least one other person listening that thinks it's good. But speaking of like death stuff. The other day, we're out on the trampoline. I'm not I can't jump on the trampoline or I'll wet my pants. But Odie's laying on the trampoline. It's starting to get dark, and he's like, oh the stars, Nana. So Odie never met my mom. I felt pregnant after a year after my mom passed. So ODI's four. Trying to explain to a four year old about death is the biggest head fuck of all time. Oh the clarification, Oh, so is there? And he's like, Nana is Nana up there? And I say, yeah, buddy, Nana's in the stars, and he's like, she lives there, and I said, well, she doesn't really live anywhere anymore. When you die, we look at the stars and we think about people, but they're not really there anymore. This went on mal for twenty minutes of me trying to explain it. It's a very difficult concept to explain death full stop, because where the fuck do we go what happens? You just put it wherever your mind feels like.
Speaker 2: It's okay, yeah, but I do get the added complication of the stars is an abstract sort of thing, like he needs concrete. Hang on a second, what do you mean? Like, yes, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's too abstract for a yeah, but death is a bit abstract. I'm like, well, she's not in I don't believe in heaven and hell, so I'm not like she's in heaven, but what's heaven?
Speaker 3: To him?
Speaker 1: Like none of it makes sense anyway. I thought he finally got it. So twenty minutes of explaining to him Nana, we can't say it because he's like, can we visit Nana? I said, we can't visit Nana. When somebody passes, you can't see them anymore. We're alive and we're living and we can see each other, and then we do something called die and we can't see them anymore. He's like ever again. I'm like ever again anyway, So I'm like, great, the little guy finally has got it. So I thought I'm gonna record him, just to clarify and make sure that there's a full stop to this death chat. And this is what happened.
Speaker 4: Where do you think Nana is? And yeah, because Nana died? What does dyed mean?
Speaker 1: He die?
Speaker 4: Die?
Speaker 3: Die?
Speaker 4: What does it mean when you die? I don't mean you can't see them anymore? Doesn't it'll kill two?
Speaker 1: So that's where we got I don't know after all.
Speaker 2: Look at least he was honest. Also, is that not the cutest voice of all time?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Mate, his little voice, it's husky. The other day we were out and a man walked past me said, that's the best voice I've ever heard. It's the little husk to it. That's just so gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Did Allo have a bit of a husky voice too?
Speaker 1: I think he might have really did.
Speaker 3: Mild Of course, you've forgot I've forgotten everything about them everything, and I never savored them as I am savoring him. It's so true that when you know it to your last, like every every night, I just soak him up, and he's got a beauty spot and on the top of his lip that I just can't get enough of. And I just look at him and I get him to stare me in the eyes, and I just really embrace and soak him in, which I never did with the other two.
Speaker 2: That's something that you really miss when you're not. Like when I had my second child, probably for a couple of years, I wasn't sure if I was going to have a yes, And I feel like, uh, because I wasn't solid in that. I didn't you know, maybe I wasn't in it as much as I should have been.
Speaker 1: Yep, I know exactly what you mean, yes, because you like you're like, oh, I'll get to go through it again, so you do. There's something so different about if you know it. I knew AlOH wasn't my last, so I'm like, I have time. I can pay half attention to him. I pay full attention to the last one. I've fucking middle children.
Speaker 2: I've got a real, got a real thing with that take it personally. Can I just say also on the death thing, I do think, and this is gonna sound like I don't want to sound judgmental when people may disagree, but I do think with little kids, even if it's not your personal belief, I do think the concept of heaven makes death a little bit less scary for them because once they get to a certain age, they're gonna know, okay, they make their own decision is heaven and they start questioning things. But when they're Odie's age, it's like God forbid something happened to you or Sam, and you're like, I don't believe in heaven. You just die and then you're gone and whatever, Like he has nothing for him to hold on to, like a concept. It's almost like you know, with kids, if you've got kids in the car, turn this off warning. It's like the concept of Santa. Yeah, it's just a thing that gives them something something, yes, and then they get older and they know it's you know, yes.
Speaker 1: But also I think maybe a four year old's too young to learn about death. But I guess if it happened to somebody that he knew, I would have to explain it to him. But even heaven, like he would not understand why we couldn't just go to heaven and visit the person, Like to him, why wouldn't we just visit them, Like it's hard to get in your head or they're gone. But I hear what you mean, Like, yeah, having a place like heaven where everyone's dead is just roaming around much more enjoyable and grasp worthy for a child.
Speaker 2: And so nice that you like, we're the same. My dad didn't see any of our kids, but they all know who he is. We talk about him all the time, Like I think you have to, like that is the nicest tribute you can give somebody, is to keep them alive with the people that never even met them totally.
Speaker 1: Like they say, you die twice, don't they like you when you die? And then when people stop talking about you, which is really you do like that happened so much, Like I never talk about my great grandparents because I didn't meet them, so I don't really know anything about them. And there's anyone else who like my uncle would probably still talk about them. But once he's gone, like that's it, they're like, yeah, gone, you just go, you completely go. So you were saying that you listen to the Oprah episode though, when they were talking about near death experiences. I haven't listened to it. I never listened to Oprah's podcast. Is it Soul Sundays or something like that.
Speaker 2: No, she's got another one. It's I think it's just called the Oprah Winfrey Podcast, right, Okay, creative, yeah, I know, but what a brand. Yeah, but it was with a doctor who has done all this research into near death experiences. I would say that if you're someone who has lost someone you love, there might be something in it that you find comforting. But he talked about how he was a man of science. Right, he's a doctor. This all started because there was a patient that came in that had overdosed and she was in a coma and they had her on life support. You know, obviously she's not awake, her eyes aren't open, she's not there saying like the brain activity was very low. So he had gone out into the corridor and gone like to the end of the corridor to speak to this patient's roommate about her condition. Anyway, the girl in the coma wakes up and she starts talking to the doctor and telling him that she saw him talking to her roommate in the corridor. She replayed the entire conversation down to what he was wearing, down to the fact that he had a stain on his tie. Now, there's a couple of things. Number one is that he said, when I was in the room with her, her eyes are closed. She can't see anything, he said. But number two, I had my coat, like the white coat or whatever on. It was buttoned up. When I went out into the corridor to speak to the friend. He said, it was hot, I unbuttoned it. She wouldn't have even seen my tie. Even if she had for a split second opened her eyes in the room where he was, she wouldn't have even seen his tie because it was under the coat. But when he'd gone out into the corridor, he said, he took the coat off, and that's when the tie was visible. So he started just researching and speaking to all these medical professionals who had reported patients who had the same thing. But how there's this thing that they were talking about, because there's commonalities with all of these experiences. So obviously people who've died and come back right because it wasn't their time or whatever. But one of the things they talked about is a life review. So Oprah threw back to a clip that she'd done on her show of near death experiences, and one of them was a man who was a mechanical or something and a car had fallen on him and he had like technically died but come back. But he said when he was dead, it was like they have this thing called a life review where your life plays out in front of you. No, no hold on, but this is the thing, and I'm like, this is why I don't believe in hell anymore. I think this is the hell part. He was quite abusive to his wife. He said that in this life review, he said, not only did I see what I did to my wife, he said I felt what it was like to be her.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: If that is not the most perfect justice, oh, he said, it was I was her and I was feeling how she felt the way I was treating her.
Speaker 1: Oh my, oh gosh.
Speaker 2: He came back to life and like completely changed. She stayed with him and all this stuff. But it's like that feeling of you do good, you'll feel good. You do bad, you'll feel bad, You'll But there was also another woman who was talking about her life of you, and she was talking about how her mum had been quite abusive to her when she was young, and she said, you know, it was like feeling the feeling also from her mum's perspective when she was beating her and her mum's So it's like there is this overwhelming people talk about it being judgment, but it's also compassion. Like it's almost like everything you see everything from all sides and you feel it from all sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like every corner of it is explained to you, and maybe that kind of puts it all. You can leave with it all being okay because you can go, oh, that's why that person treated me like that. It wasn't because they hated me. It's because they were in a really bad place or something like. It sounds like a psilocybin trip. Like it sounds like that time I did psilocybin and I felt every single emotion for every single woman in the whole wide world. That's what it sounds like, that you just hit with every single emotion. I don't know. That's like, I don't I wonder for us what we would feel because we're not abusive. I mean, I really yell at my kids though, I would be mortified to know how sometimes they feel with me just yelling at them. I wonder if that will be replayed back to me or yeah, I wonder I wonder if like how our dads felt in the war would be replayed back to us. That's one thing that sort of played on my mind too, that I felt. I feel this sort of like when I hear things like that, because then there's obviously people talking about seeing people they loved that have passed before them. Also this feeling that I've always had of when you die, and when I think of my dad, I think about the like the heartbreak of them when they go, feeling like they don't want to leave their families or whatever. But across the board, everyone was like we didn't even want to come back, like it was. But the feeling, the beauty, it's like, oh she had you know. Jeremy Renner he played Hawkeye in the Marvel movies. Yeah, he got over by the snow machine.
Speaker 2: And she interviewed him and he said, I can't explain it any other way than he said, It's like I am That's the only way I can explain it. He said, it's like you are everything and you're nothing, but all you feel is the concept that all you take with you is love, the love that you had here, and that there was no desire to come back because the feeling was so beautiful. He felt like this feeling of being loved and protected. Now that could be for some people. God, it could be the universe, whatever you want to call it, but there's something higher.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so. It gave me goosebumps. Goosebumps, and it's so comforting because I've told you what my mum said before she dies, I just don't want to miss out on anything, you know, because she just loved my boys so much that she didn't want to miss out on being a nana. Where to think that because she lived a life where she loved so fiercely and was loved so fiercely that hopefully she went into wherever with that overwhelming feeling of love and also not wanting to come back, like being completely at peace and maybe seeing my grandparents Like you're always just romanticize it a bit to make it sit okay with you. But the fact that these people have been there and are saying this is pretty comforting.
Speaker 2: And thousands of documented cases. Wow, there's too many links. There's too many common things that people feel during that time, and like stuff that you can't explain, like someone who's flatlined on a fucking table and telling the surgeon what they said, Yeah, how can you be? You can't explain it? And I think that's why people grapple with it, because you know, it's like I guess that thought of God. It's like faith is having faith and not having any science to back it up, not havinges you just believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: The same thing. I think for most of us, we hear it and we're like, but how do you really know totally?
Speaker 1: And it is because there's like so many of us need science to go, Okay, well that's factual, but there's so much that can't be explained with science. And I believe things like that. You know, like just the other day, back said I believe in ghosts. He called them, and he watched some show and the conjuring he was watching. Oh I know, I watched the just the trailer and I was like, you watch that.
Speaker 2: But he didn't love story. Yeah, I love that stuff too.
Speaker 1: Oh not enough.
Speaker 2: I think I might have said before I was addicted to that shit when I was young, But that's also dopamine seeking behavior. Yes, I chant alone on dopamine.
Speaker 1: That's what I think with him.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're either a psychopath or you're something's lacking in you, because it's very odd for a thirteen year old to want to be fucking terrified NonStop. Like any movie he watches will be a bit terrifying. Yeah, because it's I guess the thrill. It's the thrill of the fear.
Speaker 1: Yes, totally, it would totally be a dopamine hit. But getting back to like ghosts and stuff, you know, there's too much of that as well, which is not explained by science, of people coming through other people to communicate, you know, and if it's too blase a, I don't believe it. But when they're very specific, that's when it's like there's just no way, like there's no way that person could know, So there has to be something there that person has to be speaking to them. It's like when the police force use mediums to try and help solve unsolved cases.
Speaker 2: And you would think, oh my god, like as if they would, but the fact that they do says a lot totally. And I also think that we're the ones that are missing out because we feel like, like, for example, you say, oh, your mom, you know, she missed out on seeing Odie and stuff. But I think that maybe she's seen more than she would have if she was here. We miss out because we don't get to interact with Yes, but she's seeing heaps more than she would have before. And I also say to my mum, because my mum often says that, you know, like she gets lonely, but she says sometimes she feels this compulsion to talk today, so she'll do it. And I said to her, to me, that's just a sign. When you have that feeling, that's him letting you know he's there, you know, so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, occasionally I get that compulsion, not often, but sometimes Oh, just out loud, I've got I really miss your mum, or today's been a really good day, mum. Like it'll usually just be a sentence, but it's like, yeah, I have the compulsion to share with her, and you're just saying it out loud for some reason, you feel like it's getting to them. Yes, Ye, anyway, interesting one. Hey, let us know if you know anyone who's had a near death experience, if you possibly have, like what are you leave from this? We would love to hear from you. Shaw and Tel Podcasts is our Instagram. That's where you can find us. That's such an interesting, amazing topic that let's chat about it. More so, hit us up anytime. We love to hear from you. To our patrons, thank you for your support. We do have a Patreon where you can go and pay about five dollars a month help us with the running of the pod and you get an.
Speaker 2: Extra episode over there every couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: But we'll chat to you soon. Guys, Bye now, love yous,