Speaker 1: This podcast was recorded and produced on gadigle Land.
Speaker 2: We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians and pay respect to Elder's past and present. Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? This is my final MATHS related interview. Are they talking about me? She's like yep, it was Australia's reactions paused a lot of drama and they never got it. It just went nuts.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to back to Reality.
Speaker 3: I'm Selena and god have I missed you guys.
Speaker 1: It is a brand new season, a brand new year, a brand new era, and we also have a brand new co host.
Speaker 3: I am obsessed with this queen.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is the collub that no one expected, but like you'll be very excited it is my queen.
Speaker 2: Tiny huh. I am so happy to be here. I feel like no one's going to expect this.
Speaker 3: No right, love that literally.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I'm very, very very excited.
Speaker 1: Two little Asian queens Asian Queen Asian Lovision both healed and stuff with trauma from.
Speaker 2: Mass Yes, honestly, I reckon we trauma bonded over that. Let's be real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were on season ten.
Speaker 2: Season ten. Yes, I was on season nice. I watched your season, loved it.
Speaker 3: I loved you.
Speaker 1: Oh actually no, I could it quite watch the whole season ten, only because I was still recovery.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. I feel like a year after you go on it, you watch it back and you're just triggered the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see it from a different length for sure. Even the dramatic sound effects that they use.
Speaker 2: The violin the doom. No, yes, I got it. I know.
Speaker 3: So so much has happened since we had you on the.
Speaker 1: Podlast Well, you're not single anymore, I know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, we we spoke. When did we speak? It was last maybe.
Speaker 1: It would have yeah, like May April May.
Speaker 2: It was like early last year, and yeah, it was an interesting time. A lot of drawing going on, which I like constantly follows me. But no, we have so much has happened. So much has happened. I feel like life after reality TV can be crazy, but it's been great. It's been really good. I feel like I've taken like all of last year to really like reflect on my journey on the show, my last relationship, and then move into like dating as like a new person almost, and it's been fun. I know, we go to events a lot together and we bump and cross paths, so we don't have time to properly sit and chat. And every single time we passed each other, we're like, oh my, so much tea, babe, so much. Yeah, and we never get actually debreath always.
Speaker 3: This is so good.
Speaker 2: We can have our weekly debreeths on here weekly tea.
Speaker 1: And we're not obviously just going to be talking to each other. We're going to be talking to our favorite Maths Love Island guests as reality TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's gonna be fun just to have those like conversations, dive a bit deeper, unpack, get the tears straight from the sauce. And I mean, I love reality TV. I know you do too, and I'm so glad we can just yap on about it on this podcast and that's really what it's going to be. And you feel like, obviously Maths, we were on Maths, we love Maths, but there's so many other amazing reality TV shows as well that we want to dive into too.
Speaker 3: Love Island.
Speaker 1: This was hectic. I was hectic, loved it. It was giving season one for me.
Speaker 2: Life's great.
Speaker 3: So much drama and like so much beef.
Speaker 2: I Maths, Yeah, it was giving maths. I love Love Island. I think if I didn't do Maths, I would love to be on Love Island. But also I'm like, I don't know I have the confidence to do the stuff that they do, sing all the like kissing challenges and like the strip tea stuff I could never. Also part of me is like a bit selfish. I don't want to like have to fight for someone and share. Yeah, MATS was great because you get given someone and that's your person and you go through all depends on how you want to go down through. But I like that format. So I always think that I've been adopted into the Love Island franchise because a lot of my friends are in that on that show. But yeah, they even All Stars have been watching Love Island All Stars.
Speaker 1: No, but I just saw an article today that Lucinda Strafford that was on last season that was matched with Zach Yes, was meant to be All Stars and she got there and then she pulled out last minute. She's like flowing all the way there and all the way back to the UK. I mean, fair enough, but what happened.
Speaker 3: I want to know the teams.
Speaker 2: Look. I feel like with Love Island, I would hate to come on as a bombshell. I feel like I'd want to be like one of the og cast. I feel like when you watch it, it stresses me out how they have to go graft and like go and steal people, Like that would be the worst. But there's been so many rumors about like who's going on. Like I was hoping Loomy would go on and then he was like no. I was like, no, the finest man to ever exist on the franchise is not coming back. But also I don't know. I feel like on reality TV in general, I feel like they should be age limit. I think they should be twenty five across all reality TV. I feel like before that, I just don't think you can fully understand what you're signing yourself. Yeah, I agree, I know Maths is twenty five plus, but I think like it's because I think when like these people have been on Love Line, they've been like nineteen twenty. Can you imagine if you had done something like that at that age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no way.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was scouted for season one of Love Island, was it like a DM thing like I.
Speaker 3: Was out one night.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 3: We just got off the boat.
Speaker 1: I've been day drinking, super drunk and they came up to what no me and like, oh, are you single? And I was like, oh, they're gona probably step me up with one of their weird cousins. They were like, oh, we're casting for a show called Love Island Australia.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it.
Speaker 3: So drunk, I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, yeah sure, And then I got a call because I had obviously given them my details and they will like, have you filled out your application yet? And I was like for what, sorry, how are you And they're like, yeah, we will send it to you again, so just check your email. And then I went through the whole like audition phase and everything and yeah, and then I sent me an email saying look, we want you as a bombshell, but we're only going to like it was something really odd like forty eight hours notice if I hate you, and then you need to be on a plane to Spain and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, it's just true hairdressing. Yeah, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: And I just feel like, to be fair, that was like one of the best seasons I've ever seen to great Australian TV let me iconic and so many great characters from that branchized like from that season. I know, I don't know how you'd how he would go on it. Looking back now, I'm like, I'm so glad I didn't. Yeah, I'm just it's not it's not me. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's it takes the type person to go on like you have to be really just like forward and just it's just not not a bit of me. And I don't think it's true fight or something or that's a sleigh.
Speaker 1: I could do that, true, but like you like shots that they do when they're pouring outcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could do the bikini every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I could do that talking. Yes, you can, like the biding stuff. You look amazing.
Speaker 2: They give a lot biding. Okay, So we could talk about this all day, but into maps chats so obviously New Year every time I'm like, it's Ao, then it's Maps time straight into it. So New Year and we've been seeing some stuff and we thought we would answer some of the questions we've been seeing online because there's so much and I think we wanted to start off with contract. I also printed out my maps questionnaire, which is hilarious. But we've seen a lot of sentiment online in regards to the contract. I think it stems from the general conversation of bad edits and people, I guess having something to say about how they're perceived, and you kind of really sign away control over that when you do something like this. And I actually saw this brilliant TikTok video by a lawyer on TikTok I love legal Talk called Jahann and love him, and he basically came on and said he had a client that came to him to review the contract and was like, do not sign this, and was like, these are the key points. Don't sign it. And I think he said, like that person went on to go on the show and wasn't shown in a favorable light. I'd love to know who that is. Yeah, And yeah, I think, And I don't know if you had this experience, but when I was reviewing my contract, I did get a lawyer to look at it.
Speaker 3: Did you how?
Speaker 1: No, I just like read through the whole thing. You're like, yeah, ol from my season just signed it. He didn't even read it.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 3: He was so Yeah, yes, I love him.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, okay, if you, let's say you didn't read the contract, there is one page you want to read. That page is like you've got your name on the contract. Then it's like first page, old, boxed up ye, and it's basically like what you're signing your life force? And I think this. I think back, and I'm like, why did we?
Speaker 1: I know? So I hands down, and I was so naive, so naive. I'm like, I just wanted love so badly and to be loved that. I was like, surely they could see the desperation and match me with someone genuine at least, you know, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 2: It's like this huge you just glad over way.
Speaker 1: It's like highlighted gray, and it's different from all the other pages. The contract is thirty seven pages long, like.
Speaker 3: It's long, really long.
Speaker 2: I do want to preface though, I do think although a hectic contract, I think you should be able to withdraw consent any time in any situation, in any scenario. That's my personal opinion, and obviously in this case, you can't do that. So I'm going to say that, but keeping that in mind, all right, So I think the general thing is that you can't control how you look, and you might not be shown in a positive light yep, which is I think most people.
Speaker 3: Maths.
Speaker 2: I feel like the chances of you looking not like an idiot is so much slimmer than looking positive. I think positive is the key word there. And I feel like we can comment on this and we are able to share our honest opinions in regards to that. I would never advise someone to go on if that was what they wanted, because fame doesn't equal money, and personally, I would rather money than pay for you, and I think the fame element is really It's interesting because I think, especially if you have a certain jobs, really working that job, after going through an experience like this, it makes your life. I feel like Maths made my life a lot harder in different ways, from professionally, from relationships, from all areas really, and I think that maybe is not really thought through in that beginning stage because you'd think, oh my god, amazing'm gonna be on TV, I'm going to get Instagram followers, I'm going to do this, this, this. Yeah, it's not always the case, and I would say it's not always the case for like ninety eight percent of people that go on YEP. I think that's a fair number. Definitely agree with that. When you signed up for it, because I know yours was during COVID time, which was even more intense. What did you think? Were you like, Okay, I'm going to be on TV. I'm like, what was your kind of headspace when you were applying for that? Yeah? What did you think?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm thirty seven this year, so I was what three seasons ago, and like what you said, it was peak COVID. Lost my job was in lockdown the ad came on. I was just in a really vulnerable, dark place, like I've actually shared a lot online recently on my TikTok about my family dynamic and just unpacking a lot of that trauma. I now know that back then I was even more fragile totally I am now, and like I was just I was so lonely, Like I was in this huge three bedroom house by myself.
Speaker 3: I was renting, but in Adelaide.
Speaker 1: It's so much cheaper, of course, and I was like I was literally like I could die right now and no one would give a fuck. My parents went checking up on me, like lost my job I was like, the only way they would find my corpse is if someone was like, hey, she hasn't done my hair.
Speaker 3: Like everyone's back to work now, do you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like everyone's got someone, whether it was a dog or a cat, yeah that or sister mum or dad. They had some kind of love yeah, and I just had no one. And I'm not saying this to be like a pity party, a hate home, people feeling sorry for me, But I was just in such a dark place and for me, I think you can relate to this being of Asian background.
Speaker 3: But like in my.
Speaker 1: Household, it was like you're only going to be able to leave here and be happy if you get married. So my mind was always like my ticket to happiness, yeah, when I were to find a partner for sure. And so I was in such a dark place and the ad came up for married. At first I was like, well, like maybe this is a sign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the universe.
Speaker 1: If people know me and follow me for a while, they know I'm all about the signs and the synchronicity, and I'm like, this is the universe telling me to sign up. Yeah, Like maybe my soulmates just like there.
Speaker 3: Show a TV show away. Yeah, so that's what I signed up. Yeah, just keeping mind.
Speaker 1: I feel like we all made really shitty decisions during COVID.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: That was mine, Yeah, that was yours.
Speaker 2: So it never really kind of went through your mind that same fortune Instagrammy aspected.
Speaker 1: It, no, because even like I've been seeing the same psychologists since the show, and even she's like, but you loved hairdressing, I'm so confused why you left.
Speaker 3: I had a full clientele.
Speaker 1: I was really happy, obsessed with hair dressing. So it wasn't like I was going on there to launch. I didn't have anything to launch. Like nowadays you'll see like like I'm on a podcast now. But normally when you see post maths, they've got like they've launched something, you know, they've used the show as a little bit of a platform. Yeah, but I didn't have like my forefront. Mine was like definitely to find love. Yeah, but that was like that worked against me because I just I watched myself now and I don't recognize myself.
Speaker 2: I don't recognize shit with that. Yeah, and it just should never do that now ever, never never. So there's a lot of chat online. It's like exposing ourselves, but people being like, who would apply for this? And they're totally scouted because they are coming from different reality shows. And it's so funny because you and I both applied. Lack of judgment from us, and I find it funny. One thing I really hate is when you see this is a complete side note, but when you see after the show people coming being like, well, they approached me, I didn't even apply. They scattered me. It's any better than applying. I know. It's like, Okay, does that make you better? Because someone's sitting in your DM You're like, what's that about? But from our experience having applied for it, it's a different I think it's a different process because I feel like they then maybe shape the couple around you whereas I do, and then maybe you find someone that suits what you want or to contradict what you want or to that dynamic that they're looking for. So you have applied and you fit in, Okay, great, you are the good wholesome girl or you're the villain. Then they're going to be like, let's find your person, yeah to match?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's the logic I have in my head. You're completely wrong. But we've seen this year quite a few of the cast had been on their actors or they've been on previous reality TV shows. Ye, what do we feel about that?
Speaker 1: I feel like from a production point of view, it's probably easier for them to work with someone totally he's comfortable in front of the camera. The reason why I say that is because on our season we had I Reckon. None of the boys had watched the show before, and they just weren't compliant because there are yeah, you're filming a TV show at the end of the days, you know, there's certain things that you have to redo ten to twenty times even and my person I don't even know if I want to mention his name saying he just like he just did not want to do it.
Speaker 3: He was off it.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, but you're here for a reason.
Speaker 2: And it's so funny to me because I had that experience to my apolgeta the show and I was like, why would you sign up to something that you don't even know what it's about.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: We had actually watched your season when we were filming, because we're like, hey, what's next, what week's next? Like, let's watch it and out the vibes, and I was like, because I had i'd obviously watched, I knew I had a rough idea because I'd only ever watched your season. I watched season six, which is iconic season, but I hadn't really watched it other than that, and honestly, I hadn't watched it from start to finish. I watched all the TikTok little social snipers, okay, and that's how I got an idea of what was on there. But I really actually actively watched your season, and that was what I was like, Oh, okay, I think I can do that, yeacause I think for me, I love reality TV. I've always wanted to be in some sort of reality some show. It's always just been something I thought would be shits and gigs, and it been mass specifically was something that my my sister and her husband were like, dude, like you have to do it to be so funny, and I was so anti it, like I was anti maths, like especially when we had like years and years ago, when like gay marriage wasn't a thing. I was like, well, how come strangers can get married on TV? That's so ridiculous. But the people are actually in love, can't get married, and I was so anti it, and then I don't know why I changed my opinion. Yeah, and then I think I was like why not, Like, let's just see. I was obviously like with the forefront, like similar to you with like wanting to find someone. I felt like I had exhausted, not really exhausted. I feel like you never exhaust all your options. But I was really done with the apps. And I had like not dated like anyone or had any communication with any in dating capacity for like six months before the before the process, and I was like, Oh, maybe I would meet someone unconventional like this. I never thought i'd meet someone in a normal, normal way, and I was like, oh, maybe this is how I'll meet someone like wanted to write a story to tell. And I felt that way for a significant part of that previous relationship. And then it obviously went downhill. But did he apply or did he got pasted?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Scouted for it? Interesting, it's just like typical Instagram slide in the dims a lot of outcast. I think all the boys one or two that I know of were scouted.
Speaker 3: Wow, same as our season.
Speaker 1: I reckon from my season onwards yeah, the recipe changed, don't you reckon? I think so too, And as everyone's different, I don't know how to explain it, even just this year, like having so many couples knowing each other dated before, Like, don't you think that's so weird?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it is stupid because I remember, and I don't know if you had this experience, but I remember vividly having a zoom call with a producer and I had to literally list names of people I dated in the last year. People I went on dates with. They wanted to note names anyone that I thought would like. It was even like who did you think is gonna in your life? Who's going to drop tea on you? And I had to gave names. So even people they went on a date with or went on three dates with, I gave all those names. So there is no possible way they did not know. Especially re and Jeff. There's no way they did not know that. And you could just tell by their reaction it was not genuine. I'dn't buy it really at all. Also, like I'm pretty sure he's an actor. Yeah, he was on neighbors, so I did not. But and I love them. I think they're great, They're really well matched. But I liked how she also said that she was robbed of the experience of marrying a stranger because she knew him. They dated, and I don't think they really got into what happened. I feel like unless I missed that, there's no way producers did not know that. Maybe they didn't say, but it was in the last it was quite recent when they dated, so I just don't know how that would have gone undetected, like they do their research.
Speaker 1: And then with I also heard that someone went on their instagrams and they were both following each other. They were marking photos from back then day stalk so low producer Stork, Yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Would have seen that.
Speaker 2: You've seen that, so weird thing. Yeah, I find that really bizarre. I think I'm more inclined to believe Karina and Paul because they went on one date. Yet how that yes, because I reckon I feel like anyone that I guess I was in Sydney, I might have like a six degree of separate. I would know. So I can understand that because they're both from Perth and Perth is very small. Yeah, so completely get that. But yeah, when just there's no way. Producers do not know. There's no way you you have to literally state who you've dated. I would assume that that would have been brought up. Maybe it wasn't, and it's just this like coincidence.
Speaker 1: But I don't know that part because I was single for seven years and I was like ghosted, so I never really it never even went past the texting shoes or like the one date. I was like, there's no one on my list or radar. Yeah, so that's interesting because I never got to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it was really hard, and I remember like they wanted to know, like people I blocked because I had a blocked list on Instagram and I come to explain why, Wow, many bad experiences I had with certain people just in case that came up. Like it was pretty invasive, Like I felt like pretty exposed almost like to have to talk about like something happened, and thinking about, Okay, this guy that I want to date with is going to come forward and say this, this is like I don't know. Wow. I think that's one thing too, I want to get into is when you put yourself in something like this and you're very public facing, you're on a show, your demons are going to come out, and anyone that has something against you or wants to take you down, it's gonna it's gonna happen. Any any scorned xes anything that would be something is likely going to come out. I think that I don't think that happened to you, right, I feel like we've spoken about this. Nothing crazy. I didn't really have much. I was like concerned maybe people would say stuff that I could have backed up, but I just don't want to.
Speaker 1: I had, like, because Adelaide's very small. I had a client come in and tell another staff member because I said on the show that I was bullied throughout school and no one really wanted to hang out with me. And they were like, oh, no, that wasn't true. She wasn't bullied at all. And I'm like, but did your daughter hang out with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, because bullying's not like hitting or spitting on someone.
Speaker 3: Or like verbal elotional, Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 3: It was just I wasn't included at anything.
Speaker 2: That's still bullying to me. It's actively leaving people out exactly. It's bullying because I was purely different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in a school with all Caucasians Italians. And Greeks, and I was the Asian one out, Yeah, and I was constantly left out.
Speaker 3: To me, that's bullying.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Obviously a big part of the show is that you have to give away your Instagram for like six months, and it is tough, like you're not meant to use socials, you're not meant to be on monitoring anything, and I think people unaware of what the process is, so we wanted to just go into that. So obviously the show airs in January, goes to like April time. That whole period until even about May, you have no access to your Instagram whatsoever. And that is like for posts posts, you literally get a folder of images I don't know if this is a sexual the drop off and with the most hideous, heinous pictures, and then you've got to like write a caption and and they approved, and they approved the passion and then post for you. Did you have anything that wasn't approved? Anything any like the thing that you try to live?
Speaker 3: There a few funny captions. I can't remember it now.
Speaker 2: I had a really funny one of the iconic photos of my face looking really displeased at a dinner table and the caption I wanted to go with was me every time Harrison speaks, and they said it was bullying because I wasn't allowed to do that. So to change it to like when I hear the word gaslight or something, and I was like, oh dude, that would have been so funny.
Speaker 3: Literally bullying still funny though.
Speaker 2: And when you got your account back there was like nothing, no dms, everything had been whipe.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you had that.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, because I'm getting mixed, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had people nothing like I had my friends like people like like I follow and stuff message me, but anything new was completely borne.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We had like twelve months worth of dms just wiped.
Speaker 3: Wow some mows.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 1: What's crazy because I was running my business through my Instagram as well, so I had clients messaging me, so they probably thought like, what a rude bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I think that's something to keep in mind as well. If you are going to do maths, if you run your business, which I would feel like ninety businesses these days are on social media, that is something to factor in because you don't you literally don't have access. Yeh.
Speaker 1: But that's the freaking frustrating thing about this cast. Because they have gone like rogue. Yeah, some of them haven't even handed their instagrams over and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, that's not fucking fair.
Speaker 2: But did you not get the choice to opt in and opt out? No? Okay, So I don't know if people know this as well. When you sign your contract, so you have your your contributor contract, which is your agreement to do the show, and then you have a social media with nine contract that you can either choose to do or not choose to do. So I don't know if it's the same thing, but you have to opt in to do that, and that's your opting into giving your passwords, your logins, all of that. You can also you don't have to do that. Feel like your hand's a bit forced personally, but you actually if you don't want to do it, you don't have to. They'd force you given an option really like give us your password, what's your email?
Speaker 1: We're gaining access now, and people like forever. Basically that's so crazy. Forever, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Maybe if I think back, I probably wouldn't have given access, but you still aren't allowed to use it anyway, so you can't leverage off it. But you don't have to. But I do feel like you're then at a disadvantage of getting that publicity if that's what you want. But I guess with the people that specifically have said no, I don't think they're sticking around for very long. So I feel like they just don't think the value in their account away which respect to.
Speaker 1: Be honest, true, And I guess the main reason of why they don't want what they say that they take away accesses because they don't want you to leave any storylines, go on your story and go on rampages and like hate.
Speaker 2: They also say the hate things. Don't really monitor the comments on the maths account, so you're letting me set me on there, but not on ours anyway, to have good engagement stimularly want to take our engagement. Yes, speaking producers getting involved in the drama, do you recall any incident or any time during the show that you felt like you were being not coached, but kind of encouraged to be a part of the situation or to speak up, any kind of thing like that that you recall.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love my producer. I had Kate, Oh, he's subsessed, And it just got to a point with filming where we weren't getting much from Cody, and she was like, guys, it's the dinner party, Like do me proud, Like get involved in it, you know, have a little bit more of a say, you guys know what's going on now, come on, get involved a little bit doomy proud. So then when that this was the week that the photo scanned, that is why Cody upon himself to just blurt out.
Speaker 3: That you had seen the photo.
Speaker 1: I remember, right, terrible, terrible timing, especially when I said to him, Okay, I understand that Kate said that, but I'm your partner.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: Speak to Don personally first and have a one on one chat. Please leave it to me. He then took it upon himself to then tell the whole table the worst.
Speaker 2: Time, the worst.
Speaker 3: So that's why that happened, because we got out.
Speaker 2: Did yeah, push to do it?
Speaker 1: I pushed, but she she wasn't even saying to do that. She was just saying to get involved in more, to speak.
Speaker 3: Up a little bit more.
Speaker 2: So you know, we were just.
Speaker 3: Kind of just mellowing out.
Speaker 2: How funny. I remember when I at a commitment ceremony. It wasn't that I wasn't allowed to do it, but there was a storyline that obviously I'd kind of identified during filming, and it was between a listena and her husband, and it was at a commitment ceremony where it's a pretty famous commitment ceremony of her like kind of storming out. I'm a child, that kind of thing, and I remember when she had stormed out, like I ran after her. I think it was me. I can remember the other girls that did, and we were like, what the hell's going on, Like I think you're being misunderstood here, and like it was really tricky because when we watched that back it was completely different to how it played out. And then when they played it out, it looked like none of the girls went after her and just her partner did, and it was like, dude, so it looks like she had nobody to back her up and nobody believed her and nobody was on her side when it was just not the case. And we were all like, this is not what we're seeing. And that was really disappointing because I felt like, yeah, I was. I was literally screaming up by the produce, get back inside, get back inside. But then like when he went out, he was allowed to go and like chat with her. Then it was like her storming away in the elevator and I was like, well, yeah, you strategically wanted that specific scene and the girls were there being like, oh my god, are you okay? And there was not we weren't allowed to do that. Wow, So that like stuff like that, I really was like, Okay, they obviously have they made their mind up with what they want to be shown, and that obviously was to her disadvantage. But it's fine. But yeah, I loved my producers and I loved the experience I had with them. I didn't feel like I was pressured to doing anything that I wasn't comfortable with. There was only at the end where I felt like they were really trying to pressure me to say like I love you on camera, and it just wasn't something I wanted to do. Okay, even though we had said it, we just didn't want to Like it's like, we've given everything to these people, have something special for ourselves.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And that's the only time I really ever felt like they were pressuring me to say something. But I yeah, I loved my producer. Do you speak to yours? Still?
Speaker 1: I got her a present and everything at the reunion, and I never really heard back. I got one email afterwards the Sacon than of the gift, and then that's it.
Speaker 3: Oh did you ever hear back?
Speaker 2: I always speak to my producers. I had a few of them. Yeah, I have on Instagram chat always like seeing what they're up to. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I feel like I really you obviously spend a lot of time with your partner, but the next people is your producer. Like you don't want to spend time with each other, so it's really your partner and your producer. So there's one.
Speaker 1: Question that I really want to ask all our guests this season is was there anything that happened that didn't go to air that you really want to talk about?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Was there anything that happened with you that didn't go to air that happened?
Speaker 2: So there was actually two things that I wish was shown, just because I feel like it would make things a little bit more sense just after the fact. Okay, So on the honeymoon, which I'm sure every couple did you get an honesty box. Majority of this is not shown, but I feel like they pick and choose what it's shown. And we had had a box, and it was you had to answer in the order that the producer game into you. You couldn't. You had to just do it exactly follow the instructions. So get it. Get the question have you ever cheated on a partner before? So I go on a rampage about how no, I haven't, and how I think it's really weak when people do this and I'm really against it. Da da da, on this whole thing about how I think it's like unacceptable. So my partner again and I was like, have you ever cheated an a partner before? His answer was yes, And I was like fuming because in my application, the one thing in my non negotiables was I didn't want a cheater. That was literally so many times one thing I didn't want. And I was like, I just think cheaters are always going to be cheaters. You don't change. And I just feel like if you can do that once, you can do it again. I just that's how I feel. And I was like crush, and I just kind of sat there like I felt a bit stitched up.
Speaker 1: I was like, right, okay, was showing any formal remorse, Like did he feel bad?
Speaker 2: Yes? I think he felt bad. He tried to justify why he did it, which I think the reason was worse, but I'm not going to share it because it's like personal to her. And I was like, that's just made it worse, and I was like, okay, and he kind of reassured me that he wouldn't do that to me, which doesn't really mean anything to me because I'm like, he've done it once. So I was a bit rattled after that, and I was kind of like, oh, I don't really know how I feel like it was something I was like trying to get over. Then when we fast forward, which ties in when we did which you didn't have to do, we had to do the couple swap and has been the stupidest challenge of all that's history, honestly, and we had to go stay with another partner for three nights and get perspective. I think was the justification the experts time, and I remember vividly producers coming in the room with me and Rupert being like, you're not allowed to talk to your partner for these three days. If you're you're gonna get in trouble by the experts, follow the instructions you know, allowed, you know, allowed to do that. So I'm like major rule follower and I know you are too, and I was like, yeah, sweet, that's fine, Like I won't talk to him. The thing that wigged us out was that we were like I felt like they were like recording us because we were talking about like messaging our partners, and then they stormed in right after that, and I was like, dude, I think they're listening to what was saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we were get out of the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we were like looking for Mike's in the room. I have a video of me like recording him looking in the roof and stuff. Meanwhile, he's then being told in his head, hey, why don't you think Chinese message you? Do you think she's cheating on you? And then they really played up that whole cheating narrative with me potentially doing it. And then we had a huge blow up when I came back from that because he was just being weird with me and I didn't really understand why, and he was obviously insecurity around that because he had done it. So I think if you've done something, you can assumed someone's gonna do it to you. And it was like a huge fight, like I like was I was going to go. I was like, I'm done, I don't want to be here anymore. I'm going to go back to my apartment in Bondi. And then I wanted to say another room. They wouldn't give me another room. I was like, well, I'm leaving. You can't stop me. It was a full thing, and I ended up staying in another room and it was really it was like really bad, and it kind of was just like, why is he acting like this and being weird to me? At the commitment ceremony, none of that was shown, so none of the fight. That commitment ceremony is so weird to watch back because they didn't touch on that. I sat there with the experts and I was like, I'm struggling with the x y Z and they just like ignored my questions, didn't really like help me through whatever that was. And then because it was cut out, so none of that was shown, and no one really understood why we had the fight, and that whole the whole sequence of how that went down didn't make sense, and I think people were confused with why he was upset, why he felt a type of way, and why there was this vibe between us because there was all these things that could have been unpacked more that weren't, And I think it's hard on the show because people are always going to believe what happened is that's it. So it's really hard coming off, which I think we've both been lucky. We didn't really have anything too difficult to overcome. But I think if you've been shown in a certain way, it's really really hard to justify or explain yourself after the fact because people are going to believe what they saw. So I think that did make things difficult for me moving forward, but it just also just made more sense. It was the only fight we had, and they just chose not to show it when it would have just given more context to what a real relationship might look like and just understandings.
Speaker 1: I just felt like, you guys just didn't get much airtime at all. I wanted you to be that cute, yeah, funny couple, which.
Speaker 2: I think I'm in hindsight, I'm very happy and glad about. But it was. Yeah, the whole experience is just so bizarre when you think back. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: The wrap for our first episode so fun c I love this new era.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I can't wait to be chatting. Each week we're going to be bringing you all your favorite reality TV stars, bring all the goss or the TV. It's going to be so fun, so much fun.
Speaker 1: And guys, if there's anyone that you guys want us to chat to, slide in our gms we love to know, yeah, or if you have any dying questions you want to ask because.
Speaker 2: We want to know who you're loving on maps, who you're hating, are you watching Love Ireland, who you want to see on all of it?
Speaker 1: And if you love the podcast, please leave us a five star review. And Tiny, I can't be like this is our first episode together.
Speaker 2: It's been so fun, so fun this season. Same. Bye guys, see you next week. Bye,