Speaker 1: You got Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and F one fans get excited.
Speaker 2: There's no voice more synonymous with the Formula One. Then our next guest, David Crafty Kraft. The racing action doesn't start until he delivers the most iconic line of all time.
Speaker 1: It's like sounds and the way we go, there's the voice we know in love and he joins us on the air, David Crafty craft Hello, good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Gooday, guys, gooday. How are you? We are good?
Speaker 4: We are very good. I love your voice. I just don't want to say anything. I just want to sit and listen to your talk.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a good job. The F one season is going to start soon. Then you've got twenty four races coming up.
Speaker 1: A Crafty, is there a certain line or do people try and get you to personalize that famous line when they get you to do a shout out to meet you in the public, like can you record a message from my mum and say lights out?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: It's one of the most flattering things that anyone could ever do. And I get a lot of the when we come to Melbourne for the Grand Prix and I try and walk down that Melbourne walk at the track and there's like thousands of fans got coffee.
Speaker 3: Let's do a video video like that the way we go and do you know what?
Speaker 5: It's really flattering and I can't do it for everyone otherwise I have no voice left. But I love it. It's a catchphrase. There's a catchphrase that everyone around the world can identify with and it means something's about to happen, but we don't know what A love very cool.
Speaker 4: Hey coffee.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 4: The Australian Grand Prix is the season opener. Do you think it's the most important of all of the Grand Prixs.
Speaker 5: You don't lose a championship just by one race, but it can set a trend for the season. And I think year after year we always say we won't know anything until we get to Melbourne, and we won't know anything ntil we get to qualifying, and then after the race we still might not know everything. But I think it's the first time we see the cars running in anger, with competition and where there's a lot on the line.
Speaker 1: Say, Lars is a big if one is clean and these guys have been trying to get me into it. Can you just for a layman like myself. You mentioned huge changes for this season. In what way, what's the biggest change?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Okay, So the cars are shorter and then narrower, which means they're more nimble. There's not as much downforce on them, which is what kind of sucks the cars to the ground, so they're more difficult to drive, and they're going to get a bit larry around the corners.
Speaker 3: You might see a bit of drifting. You'll like that. I promise.
Speaker 5: We've got rid of DRS, which was an overtaking tool. We've got more deployment of electrical energy. Yeah, so the overtake now replaces DRS the overtake.
Speaker 4: Mode DRS CA.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So what you get now when you're within a second of the car in front to help you overtake, you get an extra half a megadewel of electrical energy that you can use on that following lap' that's your overtake mode combined with your boost mode, which is the electrical energy that you can use to defend or attack. This is why Lewis Hamilton's saying you need a degree to understand the rules for this year. Yeah, it is qretty complicated, and this is why me and Anthony all On Sky and Ko will be explaining this a lot throughout the course of the seasons. I promise, whether you're an expert or you're new to the sport, you won't be lost.
Speaker 6: You say, we might not know or learn too much until post race in Melbourne, But what do you if you could look into your crystal wall, what are you expecting like a McLaren going to come back to the pack a little bit? I mean, what theorize a little bit for us?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, let's see McLaren Constructors champions for the last two years, Lando winning the drivers Championship. On a normal year, they go in as mega favorites, but nothing has remained on the car that hasn't been impacted by all these changes, So you can't say they're definitely going to be the best. So there's lots of ifs and buts and maybes. My gut feeling is that the big four Mercedes, Red Bull, McLaren Ferrari will be the teams scrapping it out for the title this season, and my gut feeling is that Rebell and McLaren will probably be the two teams battling by the end of the year. For the title, but we really don't know. So exciting. Hey, los, I just realized, you know, he's the sort of person. He's the perfect person to chat with about it. The Kim Kay Lewis Hamilton relationship, well, yeah, listen, you were at a Super Bowl, so did you have your binoculars trained? Of course what was going on was that was love in the air. And you know what, if love is in the air, I'm really pleased. Yeah, it's I think for both of them. How do you go and meet a future partner, you know, because the world they live in is so different to anyone else's world apart from those that inhabited it.
Speaker 3: And they've known each other for a few years. And if they are, if they are in a relationship, good on them. Good luck.
Speaker 4: Say, there's a Kardashian curse when they date athletes, so maybe it's not a good thing for Lewis Hamilton.
Speaker 5: Curses are there to be broken. And look Lewis Hamilton's struggle. He struggled to keep up with Charloteclaire last year. Maybe keeping up with Kim Kardashian is going to be a bit easier.
Speaker 6: Who knows, now, speaking of love, I know how much as the English love Lando Norris. It's a bit of a love in. Did McLaren rob Oscar piastre of a world championship last year?
Speaker 3: No, they didn't know. They built a car that won the World championship.
Speaker 6: Win.
Speaker 5: Oh, here we go, British bias times stop it.
Speaker 3: You won the cricket. Give us something.
Speaker 5: They gave Oscar a championship winning car and Oscar was leading that championship for a large part of that season, but he struggled at certain tracks in the back end of the year. And when he struggled, Lando made, you know, a very good fist and a successful fist of overhauling those points. McLaren kept it equal to the extent that they probably cause double the work for everyone on the team to keep it equal for both drivers. Don't forget Lando's had seven years in Formula one, Oscars had three. He's still learning and I said this last year is a future world champion. He's very much a world champion, but he's still learning and he's still got a few things to twine out. And I think we'll come back a lot stronger this year. For the experiences of twenty twenty five, Hey crafty, what are you drive?
Speaker 3: I drive?
Speaker 5: I'm so dull and boring. I drive an LDA four Estate. To be honest, misus cross got a little sporty Mercedes. I've got the estates cast.
Speaker 4: What do you sit on Tesla's?
Speaker 3: Where do I sit on Tesla's?
Speaker 5: Now I stand by the side and let someone else say thank you very much. I have no desire to sit in a Tesla.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're going to talk the crafty show. Are you coming out here to do some chats? What will people expect the show?
Speaker 3: We do?
Speaker 5: And I'm going to be doing one show in Sydney at the Bondi Pavilion, which is a beautiful little intimate space, on the Monday before the Grand Prix, that's Monday the second, and then with Anthony Davidson in Perth at the Regal Theater at Symbiaco and Perth. We're going to be performing on the ninth, so the Monday after the Grand Prix. Now, Anton and I have known each other, We've been mates for twenty years and we've got a lot of stories. And he has promised whoever turns up in Perth, he's promised to tell the tale of how he saved me from embarrassment once with Lewis Hamilton. I'm not going to go into much more detail, but it was my fortieth birthday and he really did save me that night and he's going to tell that tale on stage, he says, so come along just for that. But it's an interactive show, quizes competitions, lots of chat about Formula one and we'll answer your questions as Formula one fans and make it as entertaining as we possibly can.
Speaker 1: Tickets for Crafty's live shows are available at fanofsport dot com. Crafty, thanks so much for jumping on this morning, mate. We appreciate it. We cannot wait for you to get to Melbourne and No and we kick off the one season.
Speaker 3: Cheers. Guys, you're coming down to Albert Park.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'll have us back after whatever last year. We will be there.
Speaker 3: Love it. I'll see you for a champagne in the paddock that doesn't wait.
Speaker 6: Jason Lauren Lauren wake out feeling good following them on the Socials