Speaker 1: You're guys. You're guys. Thanks to joining us today. Yes see, yes see, let's go pleay. Every time you say the word guys. Yeah. Do you know what it reminds me of? What? This is? Such an old random thing. You posted a video on Show and Tell's instagram. I reckon Arlo would have been four or five, right, he's nine now, no ten. He was doing a drawing and you said, what are you doing? And he goes, I'm drawing dicks on these guys. Oh, and you remembered into my brain drawing dicks on these guys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because it's so aggressive hearing a young kid say dix are Odie, Oh my god, it's Mela Monte.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Bye, everyone, Hi everyone, Odie, who's three? The other day he's because you know, when they go to sleep and they wake up sometimes they got little stiffies. Yes, So the other day he woke up and he had a stiffy and I laid him down with Sam, and Sam's like, oh, he got stiffy. Anyway, we cannot say a single thing around this kid now, because he picks it up and he takes it to his family daycare. Every day I pick him up. He's the beautiful Annett who looks after him like, oh, we're talking about bull sacks today or bum holes today or Dix. And every time he says Dick, I'm like, dicky, Dicky, Dick sounds so aggressive. Anyway, this morning he starts hitting his penis and going tiffy, tiffy, tiffy, tiffy, tiffy. Yeah, And I'm like, thank God, there's not an s there. But I know what you're saying. It's like, fuck, you're going to take that to childcare today?
Speaker 1: I know, what are you going to do? God, it's like I've sworn in front of my kids since they were born, and I know that's very frowned upon, but yeah, oh who cares? I mean, who cares? Yeah, exactly. Fuck.
Speaker 2: But also he Alo encourages him and he knows anytime any because we'll pick him Alo up and off, and anytime one of the friends gets in the car, he will because he gets a reaction and.
Speaker 1: Just needs the laugh. He's going to go for the laugh, goes for the laugh.
Speaker 2: And it's always bumhole. Sometimes you be like mom, mom, Mom, mum, mom, mom. Bull sack Like you just yell out to me to get my attention and then say.
Speaker 1: That because it's is funny. What else is funny to them? They're not going to get observational humor now, like they just think that stuff's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other day, I had my top off and my boo's ready to go, oh.
Speaker 1: Boobies, boobies, they're little. Did you say it's actually breast breast.
Speaker 2: Their mother's breasts. And then and he goes here little. I was like, okay, they're always very honest kids. But then he loves taking the wrappers off my tampons, which is also very annoying. It's so wasteful. And the other days like what did these?
Speaker 1: What are these?
Speaker 2: And I said they're for mummy's vagina. So now anytime he grabs them like china, China.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, he's going to be ahead of the game from all his other friends because you're being honest with him about it.
Speaker 2: He's learning about the body parts. And he came in the other day this is way tm I, but I was changing my tampon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't want him to see that because I thought the blood would freak him out. Oh yeah, jem, I think you were hurt and I thought I think three is too young to try and explain.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You just need a bit of privacy sometimes, I agree. So they've put a instead of a speed camera, a phone camera on the main road here, and so it's like this high camera and it takes photos in your windscreen to catch you on your mobile phone. Oh shit, And so you can't deny that you were on it because it literally catches you. So I got busted, which is terrible, I know, driving along and it was on a demerits day as well. Ten demerit points over four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Which I get.
Speaker 2: I fucking hate when I see people on their phone. I get so annoyed at them. Yet I do do it, and I'm like, I've got what's going to stop me from doing this? What's going to stop me from? Am I going to have to kill someone before I actually get off my phone? Because everyone thinks, oh no, but I know what I'm doing. Yeah, Like I know, I'm fine, I know I keep looking up or whatever, but it's you know, oh my god, it's it is so dangerous. I get it anyway, So I was pissed so because I'm like double demerit points, like ten points to my license, Like, okay, there's no public transport around here, I can't get my kids anywhere. Like so I was really angry at myself, and then the amount of money. Anyway, Sam the other day drives past it looks up at the camera because it takes a photo of everyone, yeah, and flips.
Speaker 1: At the bird.
Speaker 2: I'm like, are you seven years old?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 2: So then whoever looks at the photos is going to have a mad grown man flipping the bird at them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's probably like, who am I gonna who am I gonna give my anger to today? Yeah, the camera's one to give it to because you're not hurting anyone's feelings. And also just you probably get a fine for being offensive to the camera. Three demerit points six hundred bucks. Imagine you did. I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: But also what drives me at this is just like a silly griper, Like it's not going to stop people being on their phones, like I just I mean, maybe it will, but I'm like, I feel like it's such a money making scheme just going there's a four hundred dollar fine.
Speaker 1: It's like, have the cops out there, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it annoys me so much. It's like because in that moment, I'm not gonna get off my phone because I don't realize I've been snapped.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Where if you're pulled over by a cop, you know you've been You're not going to get on your phone for at least that next bit that you're traveling.
Speaker 1: But you're mindful now the thing I think the thing is you're mindful now. Fuck that was you know, four hundred bucks. I've lost ten demerit points if I get busted again. Yeah, I'm gonna lose my license. That's enough incentive. Yeah, you're I know, but I know.
Speaker 2: It's an I want to be pulled over by a cop to scare me a bit more than just get in the mail like two weeks later.
Speaker 1: How embarrassing. I've never been pulled over by a cop. I die of embarrassment. Yeah, he's one of those things. And everyone for reading yes what did she do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And they yes, always always remember police used to like let kids go for a ride in the back of the DIVV van.
Speaker 1: Like god, they never do that now, No, they wouldn't. I think cops probably did quite a bit of questionable shit when we were younger. Oh yeah, you can't get away with anything now, but they would have. Sure. I had a friend that was you know they. I think it used to be like an urban myth, but it actually did happen that they used to bash them with phone books or something like, Yeah, wouldn't it come up?
Speaker 2: I just my sisters a cop and she's so straight though, like, there's no way. I feel like, yeah, the stories used to be hideous. Yeah, but I feel like, I don't know, I don't go there.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they've weeded it out. I'd say majority of cops are good. They're getting into the job for the right reasons. But I think there was a generation back there where there was a lot of power misuse of power. Oh, they would have been for sure. How's this.
Speaker 2: I've got a story to tell you. I was walking with one of my best mates the other day and she was talking about her sister, right, yeah, So her sister's called Kelli, and I was like, does call you.
Speaker 1: Ever see her?
Speaker 2: So her dad has taken on Kelly as her his own. So she's older than my friend. So she's in her late forties and she's grown up with my friend's dad as her dad and they've got the same mum.
Speaker 1: So does that make step siblings? No? Half sorry, half like you and your brother and sister and sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so they've grown, it's always been, she's always lived with them, and the dad came into their life when she was like two, so he's just their dad.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I said, does Kelli ever see or have anything to do with her biological father? And She's like, nah, he just kind of completely left and had nothing to do with her, got remarried, had another kid called the kid Kelly, What yes is it? I'm like, that is the most fucked up thing I've ever heard. And she's like, my sister literally was replaced name and everything by that next kid.
Speaker 1: I know. I was shocked to so many questions about this. Yeah, that's wild. Number one, how can you just walk away from your kid? How can you do it? And just that's it. But the renaming, does the one I wonder knows he's even gone. Does she know there's another kid out there? Does she know there's an original Keli?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean for the thing for them to know that there's another kid with the same name, surely there'd be some connections somehow, like she would or imagine she didn't find out she didn't know and then found out after the.
Speaker 1: Kid was called That.
Speaker 2: Isn't that hectic, But imagine as Kelli original going my dad doesn't want anything to do with me, but he's had another kid and called it the same name as me, and just going on being the dad to that kid.
Speaker 1: Oh my hatred, My hatred might be so high for that dad. If I was that kid, if I was the original Keli, I could not it couldn't not mess with you so badly. That is the That is almost the stranger story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was completely gobsmacked. I honestly couldn't believe it. It was wild.
Speaker 1: You don't need him original Kelli. Without him, you're better without it.
Speaker 2: This is a good segue into rejection therapy. You're like, have you heard of rejection therapy?
Speaker 1: What is this? This says my worst nightmare, right, this is my worst nightmare. Okay, So there's this theory. I mean, it's not a new thing, but I read a recent article about it about how like we're not used to being rejected anymore and that can make us anxious to step out of comfort zones and stuff, because it's like we can't deal with rejection anymore. So according to this psychotherapist, she says, it's just a nuanced version of exposure therapy that is evidence backed. Right. The purpose of exposure therapy is to help individuals confront and gradually overcome their fears by exposing them to the feared stimulus in a safe environment. Right. So the thought is, if you put yourself in these situations where you're you know you going to get rejected, then you'll become more sort of courageous to go for things you want, right, okay, because you'll see it's not that bad. I mean, rejection is bad? Is it that bad? Listen to this? Okay, So again, put yourself in a situation where you know you're going to get rejected. So examples are things like imagine going into somewhere like Tiffany Autionelle and asking for a discount.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so right, that makes you have to even even right, visiting a store like Coal's, Woolies whatever.
Speaker 1: And asking if you can make an announcement of a you know, thinking about those things makes me sweat, like I can't even imagine, is it? It's backed up, it's backed up, and I get it. I get it. It's like you keep it's almost like you'd become a bit immune to it. It's the embarrassment of it, because I think the core of it, when you think about it, is like that first one, Like that thought of going into Chanel or something.
Speaker 2: Discount anywhere makes me feel sick. I'm like so on Facebook Marketplace at the moment, and I still that I can't even ask for a discount.
Speaker 1: Well that's a whole other conversation park that month. But I think when I really think about it, it's like, at the core of it, I think it's our concern over what other people perceive us as if I went into Chanel and asked for a discount, Hi, I really like that bracelet? Do you reckon? You could take fifty bucks off if I paid cash. They're looking at you in a certain way. Oh okay, tide ass or she shouldn't be shopping here, or whatever. It's that it sets you at, which is why I couldn't never do it.
Speaker 2: I just am at the age though, where I'm like, what do I need to do that stuff for?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I know, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I get it if you're younger and you were like, I really want to go for this in my career, or I don't have much confidence when it comes to guys. I need to get rejected, so I'm okay when I do. But now, like you know, when people like get out of your comfort zone and this and that, I'm like, I don't want to anymore. Like I just want to stay in my lane of comfort. I'll minimize the things that are going to get that I'm going to get rejected from. So do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I do? I do, But it's also sad you're still young. I'm still young, and the idea of being able to do that would open could open so many doors for you because you wouldn't be so like this is such a trivial, stupid example, right, but imagine you go you're single and there's like the hottest guy in the bar, yeah, and you're like, you know what, I'm gonna go up to him and ask do you want to hook up for the night whatever. Imagine he said yes and it ended up being like the best bonk of your life and what you know, like you never know, or going and asking for a job somewhere you know you're not qualified, yes, or you know, but what if you put yourself out there and opened up a door.
Speaker 2: The thing is, everything is based in confidence, do you know what I mean? Like, if you back yourself in, you're going to get so much further in life. So I agree with that. I just don't know if I just couldn't be bothered building up my rejection capacity by going in and asking for a discount at Chanel.
Speaker 1: I just never do it. I could never do it. But it's like I think it's I mean, that's an extreme thing, but just implementing it in small ways where you know what, because I think we stop ourselves a lot, Like I'm not even going to apply for that because I know I won't get it. We write it off straight away totally. Yeah, but maybe little things like that, I'm not qualified for that job, but maybe maybe I'll apply.
Speaker 2: You know, if you you know, you meet a new mom at school and you take that leap of going do you want to have a coffee to we go out and have a coffee like thing like that.
Speaker 1: I know, and then you wait for that blank face. Sorry, now I'm really busy. Oh, don't worry about it. No, it's fine. It's fine. I'm busy too, see by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that overwhelm. I'd prefer to ask for a discount, Chanelle, then go and ask a new new person for a coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. That's it's making friends, And you know how how much do we push our kids to do it? Will you go and say hello to that person and make friends with them? Wouldn't you fucking go and say hello to that person and make friends with them. We don't do that. It's hard to do that. I don't expect your kids to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, but there because again, we're in the comfort zone of the friends we've got. I know you, I know you don't put yourself out there to make new ones because it's just too hard.
Speaker 1: And when you do, it's like you've got a new boyfriend. You're talking about the woman. Oh my god, Katie, it was so funny today, she said, the funniest thing. Your partner's like, Okay, well, remember.
Speaker 2: When you were a kid, though, you'd get fast friends. Remember that where it's like fast you'd connect with somebody instantly and then just hang out all the time and the friendship would last like a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you weren't right for each other.
Speaker 2: Yes, sleep at each other's houses all the time. And then usually that person who you became fast friends with, you could see the pattern that they had and they'd fast friends each of other people, and you're like, oh, that's your new favor of the month.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want a fast friend. Although fast friend for a night, you have a great night, you both had a few drinks, your mass, and then you wake up in the morning it's like a hangover. Oh no, she's not. I would not really want to be. She met her in the toilets. Yeah, in the toilet. Oh my god, that reminds me of something. Yeah, Mark and I state, I think we're at Crown or something. This was a few years ago and we went up to like I don't know, there was a bar somewhere whatever, and we met this couple and they were both shit faced, but we'd had a few drinks too, and it was just one of those Oh like it was just fast friends, exactly fast friends. It was funny, banter whatever. Ha. Anyway, then it was like all right, seeing around bye bye. The next day I saw them in the lift and I was like, oh my god, Hey, let's say Denise, Hi, Denise, how are you? She looked at me like she didn't know who I was. No, I can't tell you I was. I was dying. And then I had to explain, oh, yeah, no, we met you last night at the bar or whatever, and she's like that's and she was just looking at me like, oh, okay, ah, I have a good day.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: I said to Mark, I am so fucking embarrassed right now. I want to die. And also, how shit faced were they? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, that's on, Denise. I hate when people are completely different people when they drink the same so and there's nothing worse than a sloppy drunk I hate. And we've all got friends who become sloppy and it's like fuck. As soon as they tick over, you're like, I'm done with you. I can't have you literally flopping and being sloppy around me and just to completely change who they are when they're drunk.
Speaker 1: It's that's you shouldn't be drinking. I don't think you should be drinking like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you wouldn't know if you were that person too, Like I'm conscious, like when I drink, I'm a funner version of myself.
Speaker 1: I know I am.
Speaker 2: You're an enhanced version. I'm an enhanced version and same as Sam. Like Sam when he drinks is like life of the party. But yes, he's still him, like if he turned in like you, how some people turned aggressive, cry all the time or just slop around. It's so weird to me. I'm just like, don't do it.
Speaker 1: If you think guy, overthinking, person, drunk stoned. Everything's like, oh my god, Like I'm having epiphanies left right sooner. I'm very love. I become you love. I love you. Actually I say it. I know, yeah, I love you, but I really do love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, see, but I bet you back in the day though you told the girl in the bathroom that you loved her.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, probably yeah? All right, tell you who we do love?
Speaker 2: So is you guys, And thank you very much for listening to our podcast. To our patrons, thank you for your support. If you want to grab one, head over to patreon dot com.
Speaker 1: Force like Sean tellonline.
Speaker 2: They're about five bucks a month and just helps with the running of his pod.
Speaker 1: Thank you legends too, love you you notice I've got a new drink bottle. Oh the green one's gone.
Speaker 2: You got a new pink one, not branded though it's not a Frank Green one. Well, you don't have so many bucks.
Speaker 1: For other Fuck I can't. I'm blind to that. You that's a wo words half price special. Hmmm