Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production. Welcome back to another episode of am I A Bad Mom? Podcast? We cover all types of topics on this podcast, don't we Yeah, we we have a laugh because the people that we surround ourselves with, when telling them about this podcast, you're going to be almost cautious about whether they do or don't have children. So, for instance, there was a couple of people that are like, wow, you've got a podcast. What is it called? I was like, am I A Bad Mum? I was like, but you're not a parent yet, so don't listen to it. You might choose, we might sort of you know, shift up how you choose about this. We're still encouraging everyone to have children. Am I a Bad Mum? For cramping their style? On the weekend, I decided let's go to a tree top challenge. I love the tree top.
Speaker 2: We've spoken about tree before and just FAYI like, they don't sponsor the podcast.
Speaker 1: They should know they should. This was the second time that my girls and I had done it.
Speaker 2: So you go high and then it's like ziplining, yea ziplining.
Speaker 1: You zip line in and then you get to a certain point and then you've got They call them games but it's like little challenges to get from one side to the other. You're basically up high. You're up on the trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta harness on and then things like like you might have to walk.
Speaker 1: Across on just a one rope rope, yeah, and then another one's like a black net that you kind of climb i mean through. It's fun. Yeah, And so they have stages where you so there's like you've got to go through there green, then the purple, and then to be able to go to the red, you've got to be able to finish the purple and then get red to blue, blue to the black one. We're just to smidge of height away from being able to do the black one. But we were able to step up and do the blue course this time, which was awesome, but three and a half hours flew by. It's exercise too. Yeah, So there's all of those look when we started though, going back to cramping their style. When we started, we got there on the very first one, so the nine o'clock session, so no one was sort of in front of us. We're in the first group. As we get there into the first group, there's another little girl who is seven years of age and sweet as a button. But mom and dad were letting her just go on the course alone and then just going to walk along underneath it and then just let her sort of do her own thing. Now this, Katie, where do we say we're hooked up? Like you're hooked up, but you've also got to what are those things called? Like, you've got to connect yourself all the way along. You've got a pulley thing that you've got to connect yourself. You've got to these other things that you've got to put together and slide up to be able to it's so safe. It's difficult for a seven year old by herself. That's tough, right, So then my heart strings pull and I go, why don't you just join our little group before? Come on and then go in between the girls. They've only done it once before, but at least they can help you. And Mum goes, oh, thank you very much. She's like, I'm way too scared of heights, so I'm not going to do it. Dad goes, I'm overweight, so I'm not doing it. I was like, you're welcome. I'm giving you three hours of babysitting. Anyway, here I am with now three children.
Speaker 2: The thing is is if a child gets stuck up there on one of the courses, it holds up everybody else because you're not allowed to move from the platform onto the obstacle.
Speaker 1: You can't there's no way of overtaking anyone. It's impossible. I used to just wait. She was so sweet, but at the same time I was like, and so then move. So Uncle Luke's taken off and Gracie's taken off, and Elsie's feeling the pool between both of so then Elsa's sort of going forward, but then coming back to sort of meet our little friend Jane when she sort of ziplines over to help catch her and stuff like that. Right then it went Jane, then it went me. So that was the order. So I had to be almost like teaching her and guiding her for the whole. A little seven year old called Jane. Jane, that's very old fashioned. We got on the we got on the first part of the course, and she imagine that turn around. I had to ask your name twice actually, because I was like Jane. She was like yeah. So I was like, okay, didn't pick that one a.
Speaker 2: Pretty name, just like imagined like, ah, right, she's.
Speaker 1: Sweet, super sweet. But she turned to me on the first one Katie and was like, can you please be my mom for this adventure? And I looked at her, and then Elsie turned around and looked at me, giving me the glare of like, you can't, don't steal my mom. Don't. Yeah, you can't do that. You can't look at and I was, of course anh and I was like, of course, she goes, so I'm going to call you mom. She genuinely for the next three and a half hours called me mom, mom, wow, honestly Katie. And then I've got my other two there that is starting to get a little bit like at the start, I didn't want to know you. You were cramping my style. I've got this, I'm so all over it. Now we've got another addition to the family. For the three and a half hours, and it was funny to watch them start to come back into Oh, maybe Jane can go between Elsie and Gracie so then I can be at the back with this is my mom. So funny. Then we got off at one point because you get off to go and do another part, and we wanted to do the hardcore, so she sort of had hung around waited. Her mom comes up to me and says, thank you for being her mum. I was, I'm still confused. You're welcome. You're welcome, absolutely welcome. But oh my gosh, Katie, it was so funny. I was watching my two all of a sudden take a little backstep and go actually hang on. Somebody else wants her to be their mom. I've got to actually now, all of a sudden, I want her around. I was like, oh my gosh, but talk about outdoors, sunshine, nature, It's so much fun.
Speaker 2: Like I understand why that mom was down there and a bit scared, like it's a lot like it is. I love it though, Like I love it, but do you know why? Because I was thinking, why do I love it so much? I love the fact that it's a challenge. I love the fact that it's active. I also love the fact that my husband really struggles on it, so I feel like it's a competitive thing.
Speaker 1: I'm the winner.
Speaker 2: He does not like going down the zip lines because he like crashes at the end. I don't think it's really great for big men.
Speaker 1: I think Luke's Pulley system on the zip line, where there was something just a little bit off with it because I always made it to the other side where he's kept pulling up like ten to twelve meters out from the platform. So then at that stage on the zip line, you have to like swing yourself around monkey up, you know, all the way to the pip Yeah, which is hard.
Speaker 2: If you don't make it to the end of the platform and land, you gotta that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Otherwise you just fall back into the middle of the thing. I don't actually know how they get you back if you go.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they can go back out. I don't think they could rescue you from mid zipline.
Speaker 1: I don't would That's what I'm saying. It to be some sort of fire brigade or someone flying on it, like come through the tree tops and fly in. But how I was wrapping the Superman, like what that's what I mean. It comes through the forest, flies in the lovely people that work there. They just fly in maybe as like with something on their backs or something. But I have no idea how especially that. Yeah, but I would come up with anything if that was me they got stuck in the middle of that zip line. Oh, I'd be so embarrassed because you.
Speaker 2: Need really strong arms. Like imagine if you start getting fatigue on your arms, you're stuck there, You're just hang it, You're just there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well I turned around at one stage and Elsie has come off. We were on the hardest one. Elsie's come off, and what happens is it jams you know how it does that like automatic stopper like this. So she fell off. Not intentionally obviously, but she fell off. She turns around. Oh my god, my vagina like this so loud. So the harness has caught her because she's fallen my old so HARDAM was like, shut up. She's like literally echoing through the treetops. Why I anyway? You can't take them anyway. So look, at the end of the day, did cramp their style, but they did take a backflip and thoroughly enjoy it. I would as a parent, because we know what I'm like not cope. If I couldn't do that with my kids, I would not cope at all. That's the competitiveness in you. I loved doing it. I loved being able to be there with them and do it and watch them.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you one question, just to wrap up, if you weren't very good at it, would.
Speaker 1: You still love it? Yeah? I'd still yeah, because for the first time when I went, Katie, I was not good at it, But this time, because it was the second one, I was better. Yeah. And yes, I did challenge myself to not fall off once, and that is what I did. I didn't fall off once.
Speaker 2: But I reckon that first time that you went and you went very good at it. I reckon you've secretly been going back on your own.
Speaker 1: That got you written all over it. I know I've still got the black one to achieve the black line, so I'll come back to you were not achieved that. Mm hmm.