Speaker 1: This is number one hundred. Good morning. You're on the air with Jason and Lauren Clint here as well, and we are joined by a very special guest. Our next guest is a legend of the screen and winner of the prestigious Gold Logan.
Speaker 2: I'm so convinced I wasn't going to win this that I said. If I did win it, I would have all the nominees initials tatted on my ass live tomorrow morning. Well, it's busy hosting many shows on TV these days.
Speaker 3: Give holds a special place in our hearts for hosting.
Speaker 1: The price is right, Sorry Ender, Come on, Larry Amda, good morning.
Speaker 4: It's so nice to see you.
Speaker 3: Great to see you guys. Lads, how many years ago?
Speaker 5: Laz anyone call you that?
Speaker 3: Me too? On laz and Jase's terms.
Speaker 2: We're getting close. I wouldn't have said we're they're like just yet. I would have gone Lazza and then eased into lads slowly.
Speaker 5: Do people call you Lazza?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes they do it.
Speaker 5: Do you like it?
Speaker 3: I don't mind it. It's better than things. Karlie calls me a work you. I can't say.
Speaker 5: Do you have a nickname other than Lazza.
Speaker 3: No, that'll do it. I reckon, Larry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saying mister m.
Speaker 5: Have some respect is in Australian icon.
Speaker 1: How long ago did you grace the pages of Men's Health?
Speaker 2: Ten years ago? Years years or as my wife says, ten klo.
Speaker 1: So well, this is my question, because Clinton, it would have been ten months ago. Yeah, I would say Larry is still in prime form.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably is too slipped up a little bit, Larry. Yeah, yeah, it goes way quick.
Speaker 2: But it was. It was for my fiftieth. It was on my fiftieth and I've just turned sixty.
Speaker 3: So look younger than you do?
Speaker 1: You do? How much?
Speaker 5: Lauren? How much?
Speaker 1: How much? Jimmy?
Speaker 3: You're doing every morning?
Speaker 2: For up at four o'clock every morning you're pushing waits a bit of ways, bit a cardio, bit of then go and have a baking egg roll in a chocolate milk?
Speaker 3: Do you actually at.
Speaker 5: Four o'clock every morning? Larry?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What time do you go to bed?
Speaker 2: Four forty five? I was gonna go to bed with you, but that sounds so weird. We're early, like, you know, thirty nine o'clock something like that.
Speaker 1: Right, So hang on, let me get this right, because you're on the morning show with Kylie, so the show starts when ours ends.
Speaker 4: He has been still get up before for us.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's talk the Chase Australia five pm on seven and seventh plus. You are the game show king to us, he's still enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't let grant Dan you hear you say that. He thinks he's the King. He does this whole on the King sing. He's more of a year's car salesman Field.
Speaker 5: A bit of a rival between game show hosts.
Speaker 2: I would slap that man so hard, so hard. I just walk up to him and whack him fair enough. Yeah, like whack a mole, you know when you see the WAMULTI Yeah, no, No, we're all mates.
Speaker 3: I think that's the key. Do you think that's the key? World? Good mates?
Speaker 1: Do you get a kick out because we do on this show when you get to give good people money?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's why I love it. That's why for forty years I've loved this thing, the game show stuff. Back to the prices right days and the main event days, standing next to someone who is winning something potentially to change their life. Were just an ordinary person so far into this bizarre situation that can potentially change things for them.
Speaker 3: I love that moment, well, I really do.
Speaker 2: At twenty two Benigo Street, Richmond, when I was a young fellow, young seventeen year old working in the news or am, I used to creep down to Studio nine to watch Larry in action on Prices. Can I propose that as a twenty two year old young man that you didn't come down to see me. You came down to see the bikini models.
Speaker 3: I don't want to and the show.
Speaker 4: We don't have that anymore on game shows. That's what we're missing, not presenting the caravan.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite prices right game? Cliff the Ydling guy still yo when they walk past with.
Speaker 4: The cost of living right now and how expective everything is, the price is right?
Speaker 5: Could come back?
Speaker 3: You know, one hundred percent, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: And when we finished back on Channel nine, we will give it. The showcases were like six hundred and seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: It was always a jet ski and.
Speaker 4: A and you got a spar There's always a spar yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Then there was always a terracotta bird bath that no one ever wanted, No one collected the terracotta bood bath from the prize warehouse.
Speaker 4: But it seems so easy to win back then the game shows where.
Speaker 5: The chase is hot.
Speaker 4: You can't you can't just get any like Larry off the Street to play.
Speaker 5: You've got to be really smart.
Speaker 2: No, Well, people come in, people watch it at home, they've had a glass of wine with dinner. They have to stay awake, Lauren are they have just awake after four forty five.
Speaker 3: But if they're there, they're having dinner, they have a glass of wine. They go, oh, I can do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or those people are stupid because they're not getting it, so they'll they'll come in and have a go. And it's really funny, like people come in and they're super you can tell they're super super bright, but they they collapse under the lights and the cameras and everything.
Speaker 3: They miss the mark.
Speaker 2: And then there are other people who come in and go, I'm just here to have fun and I don't care what happens, and they do really really well because they're relaxed.
Speaker 3: It's very strange.
Speaker 5: What can what time do you film? Do you let them have a glass of wine before they come in to get another.
Speaker 4: Duch r.
Speaker 2: The only wine on set is in my change room. Yeah right, that's my rider.
Speaker 1: And twenty nine thousand bucks you gave away to it.
Speaker 2: In twenty nine thousand, and then there was ninety one thousand earlier this week. So there's some big money around with this mega money.
Speaker 4: All right, who's the grumpiest out of the chases? Because they seem like a pack like they.
Speaker 2: Would not see and then he went lost all the weight. Oh the beast, the beast. I said, I can't call you the beast anymore.
Speaker 3: You're just skinny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, they're all nice people. I've got to say that they are. They are and they actually do really care about that. They're torn because they care about the contestants, you can see that. But they also want to win.
Speaker 4: But do they crack it when they lose? Because they think that, like they are, they're meant to be the smartest people in the world, right.
Speaker 2: I think they like all of us. Would they get upset when they miss something that they should know? Yeah, so when something happens and it's happened on TV now and people can see it that they should have got that the answer was red and they said blue. And now that's a moment from them that they don't they'd rather forget I think they.
Speaker 4: Ever throw it because they're a lot this person. I'm going to yeah, surely you'd be like, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I'm contractually obligated to say. We are on the.
Speaker 1: Air with a gold LOGI winner years a gold mister Larry MDA this morning and Larry is King of the Game shows. Can you give our audience on what's the best way to be selected in a studio audience? To be the person be the person dragged up on a game show or when throwing out applications and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well on, you know, for the chase, they're going to do a little test with you via zoom and you're going to get some questions and answers. But back in the day of the Price is Right, this is one of my funniest, my favorite things. People would come in at ten o'clock in the morning, would film at six or seven o'clock at night, and as they're filtering through, the producers would ask them, you know, something quirky, and they realized that they had to say something really bizarre to get called that would help them get called down. But between ten o'clock in the morning and telling this lie and seven o'clock at night in filming, I'm like, so, Mary, you sailed single handedly around the globe twice and She's like.
Speaker 3: With me, go what I didn't.
Speaker 2: People forget rap stories they tell to get called on down.
Speaker 3: So just remember remember the lie that you're told.
Speaker 1: Well, The Chase Australia. It's on a weekdays, five pm on seven and seven plus. Larry, we love you, work mate. You are working on the show anytime.
Speaker 3: So good to see you guys. Thanks a lot. Jason Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials