Speaker 1: Everyone's Mark's wrong Check one two Testing one two.
Speaker 2: Podcast Our long lost friends that we haven't spoken to for a whole week.
Speaker 3: We're back guys, sorry, and full house as well. The thumb is here, Hi present present, Naki present, who was also clocking up how many weddings.
Speaker 1: Are seventy five?
Speaker 2: I think, well done?
Speaker 3: Strike rate? When was the last What was your first wedding?
Speaker 2: How long you go it was? I remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you remember? It was just after I resigned. That's right, gosh, full circle moment.
Speaker 4: Two years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, two years ago, December twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, hang on, two seasons.
Speaker 1: I've done two full wedding seasons. So I've just wrapped up my one season. It's like September through to April, so I've just finished my last one.
Speaker 3: No, no wedding summer, not.
Speaker 1: Really, No one gets married.
Speaker 2: Do winter weddings really? If they do, they go somewhere.
Speaker 1: War Yeah, they do, like they really lean into it.
Speaker 2: Do like a restaurant in the city.
Speaker 3: Have you done the wedding like expos I did?
Speaker 1: I did one over the weekend.
Speaker 3: How was it?
Speaker 1: I did two days? I got ninety leads?
Speaker 2: So you know what, because you're cool because some of them are a bit kookie. When I got married the first time, all these celebrants came out of the work texting me at dming me, and I was like, I swear some of them. One guy had a wooden bow tie on and I was like, I used to have a wood so that wasn't for me.
Speaker 3: That's the sort of stuff we need on the sheets. We should talk about, you know what I mean. Vibe.
Speaker 1: My vibe is I just want to, you know, just seem like I'm your friend who you've got to marry you, like you's a normal person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you are your normal Now, question.
Speaker 1: Questions just quickly.
Speaker 2: You said it was a full house. It absolutely wasn't a full house. Jayde and Brody.
Speaker 3: No, well they didn't know because we haven't. Maybe she was here the whole time, they.
Speaker 1: Being the potties.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not a full house.
Speaker 3: Is that first official day? Today?
Speaker 1: Official day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is in the his hole. No Clint, no scatman, No Clint, no scatman.
Speaker 3: He is around somewhere.
Speaker 1: Digital producer Ali first official day, Welcome Melbourne. Well, I mean I did work all last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, first official but she's moved to Melbourne. She's officially relocated.
Speaker 1: She's moved to Dramadale, Dramadale.
Speaker 2: I love dramad That down and killed the road. No, oh my god, straight down road high street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're in Armadale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, either way, Armadale, but we call it drama Dale. That's where the housewives are and they cause drama between each other.
Speaker 1: My friends are realist at agents and they sell mostly in drama Dale and they have some great gossip.
Speaker 2: It's very hard to afford a house in Dramadale these days. I couldn't afford it.
Speaker 3: Well, what are we paying you then? Jesus?
Speaker 2: How many hours he would go? How many housemates have you got?
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 5: Is coming for a bit to find someone?
Speaker 3: Is she going to come in so we can meet her?
Speaker 6: Bring?
Speaker 1: Bring mummy in, Michelle, Michelle.
Speaker 2: I feel like Michelle would look exactly like you.
Speaker 3: Creepy brodies in the corner gun bringing the mum.
Speaker 2: You do look like her. I feel like I feel like you'd have a beautiful mum thinks she is the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, I don't know yet. Until I meet her, jury is still you just don't know.
Speaker 2: She'll be beautiful. I can tell you that much for free.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Have you met Laurence mum?
Speaker 3: Liz?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Have you met Liz?
Speaker 3: You met? This is good fun. She looks like someone that'd walk around with a giant oversized cocktail in Vegas. Just always yeah, I would be ready to party.
Speaker 2: Have a yard glass just quickly.
Speaker 3: Back at the wedding expo. So you've got ninety leads?
Speaker 2: Are there some that you go, I don't want to do this?
Speaker 3: How many of you? How many of you done in one day?
Speaker 1: So one day I did too, But that was like ext was that good?
Speaker 3: Is that the most you could take in the day.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know. I would only ever do one, but there was like exceptional circumstances was the reason why another celebrant was sick.
Speaker 3: Sorry, But otherwise it's one a day, one a.
Speaker 1: Day, just because I you know how anxious I am, Like I just if I was running late, if one ran over, then.
Speaker 3: I'd be free, I don't want to say. But also like I'm not.
Speaker 1: Charging them five hundred bucks like they're paying for me on that day, So.
Speaker 2: You can't be like can we get a regal? And I got somewhere else in question?
Speaker 3: Where do you sit on being asked to stay for the reception.
Speaker 1: No one does that, No one really doesn't. Some people do out of politeness.
Speaker 2: That'd be a hard sometimes they'll say.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they'll say, oh like, feel free to hang around for a cocktail or kind of pegs or whatever.
Speaker 2: But who are you going to hang with?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Why would you want to do that?
Speaker 3: You said, there was your little portable speaker, just eating your dirbs.
Speaker 6: Yourself like a Hillary Duff.
Speaker 2: She's got the speaker, she's got a good speaks.
Speaker 1: I've got too big Bose speakers.
Speaker 3: Have you got to now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm surround sound.
Speaker 2: And did the bride and growing? Do they sometimes ask you to wear a lapel for their video?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I get miked up, but usually the videographer will strap like a little one of those little road things onto my mic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you you now have two speakers? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do, because there's two sides. There's nothing worse than ships.
Speaker 3: Terrible form and stuff.
Speaker 1: Got stands?
Speaker 3: Do you have like the cart that you see people have at the beach, Because I'm just thinking that's a lot to unload from the volver.
Speaker 1: And I get too sweaty, like you have to carry you can't be carrying stuff. I did a Day in the Life of my question Day in the Life.
Speaker 3: Video, do people run over and help you with the cart when they see.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people do?
Speaker 2: Was like, yes, question, Sorry, do you move out of the way of the photos when they're doing their first ye because there's nothing in the wedding photos where they kissing and there's a person.
Speaker 1: So what I do is I have it like in my script, I have like, Okay, so we've just done the rings or whatever. Enjoy these rings. Every time you look down at them, I hope you're taken back to this day and you feel this love and all these memories. And then I'll like quickly walk off to the side, and then I'll say, now it's time to make this married official, or something to that effect. And then I'll say, I now pronounce your husband and wife. You mad, now kiss. So I don't make a big deal out of oh I'm just gonna get up there.
Speaker 2: No one wants to just going to shuffle out, so they get the bridal party and the bride and green.
Speaker 3: You're classy, thank you, not POxy, but class because there's a fucking.
Speaker 2: POxy likes Surprised. Jane is one of the classiest. I hate the term classy, by the way, but one of the like, I'm the class person in this room after Alice, thank you.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure I've heard of remember the weather Man, doctor Mike, sorry Mike Barkin.
Speaker 3: But it does Liken and fine, yeah, does.
Speaker 5: Weather puns in celebrants like that's not okay?
Speaker 2: From my man o man or whatever it was called, was on it and.
Speaker 3: Is it a polo the magician and he's now doing it?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Also Jordan Tunbridge from Channel nine, I believe he's a Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: I think many people eat each other's face off, like is there some there's definitely.
Speaker 1: Like some people you can tell they're like keen to just like mac on a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's a bit embossing the big passion in front of everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dars and I already practiced house.
Speaker 2: Have you youn to do a peck or a pash just like three little pecks like shouts on your hand?
Speaker 5: And do people still wear the garters? Is that when you take it off the wedding trying to find you know, when you slip off the leg and then you can throw it to someone in the crowd.
Speaker 3: Did you that strike me as a garter girl. Did you have a garter at your winning Yeah? You did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like one that my grandmo, my mum and Woren and everyone had worn. Really, it was like that was my something old, Fami.
Speaker 5: So you did something old, something blue, something stolen, something robbed or something.
Speaker 2: I think this one had a blue ribbon in it and it was old and it was borrowed. Was like all three things in one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's the car. That's my car. Do you like the cart?
Speaker 1: I love the car. It's red. Yeah. I was like, read on, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't matches the right the celebrants.
Speaker 1: I have to hide it in bushes though, so it doesn't stand out.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, I thought it'd be like a pastel color, but.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't really buy pastel beach carts.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you'd be a mac on sort of. At the wedding.
Speaker 1: Did you do at your wedding?
Speaker 4: I can't remember. You know, there's a lot going on now. We just did a normal one. We were going to do this fancy like like dip.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I don't do a dip. That's that ends.
Speaker 3: We didn't do any of that. Were you because percentages say that more than fifty percent of people don't consummate the wedding night.
Speaker 4: What are you asking me?
Speaker 3: Did you guys have sex on the wedding night? Yeah? Like nice?
Speaker 2: H oh.
Speaker 4: It took me like forty five minutes to get her out of the dress though, sorry, so forty eight minutes in total.
Speaker 1: Can I get a vibe checkbe check? How do we feel about bridal suits? Like yesterday at the wedding expo, I was next to this tailor called Oscar Hunt and they make great suit great and they've asked me if I'd like to be an affiliate, So if you'd like a suit, go see Oscar like Clint now. But anyway, I was like, do you make many bridal suits like white suits? And they were like, yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would potentially be a you know what I look.
Speaker 1: At my wedding is greet everyone, wear my little suit, Hello everyone, and then duck off, get changed into my dress and then walk down the aisle so you can have a pre cocktails with them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like meeting people before the wedding.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to make my bridesmaids walk down the aisle.
Speaker 2: I want them to a lot of people do their photos before the ceremony.
Speaker 1: We're going to do this.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't love that because I think there is something so beautiful about walking down the role on the around and seeing you in your dress.
Speaker 1: It is a nice moment.
Speaker 3: I do love the pre cocktails. Lou and I got rid of the when we come back and they intro you, we just we just got rid of that. We just came back and mingled.
Speaker 1: Did you do a first dance?
Speaker 3: Yes, but it was saying choreographed.
Speaker 2: It was like I just danced. Couldn't first.
Speaker 1: A remix? Like a DJs got a remix for.
Speaker 3: Your Actually, you know what?
Speaker 4: You know what I actually said to Michayla. I said, you do all the music because I otherwise I'll just like yeah, I'll feel like I'm DJing my own wedding.
Speaker 1: Did you dj your own wedding?
Speaker 4: Did you get on the desk?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: So I got a mate to dj and I said, MICHAELA, you pick all the music you want, like the first dance and then walking down the aisland.
Speaker 3: Did you get him to play those little scatter in the mix between.
Speaker 2: When you came into the reception, did they say Mikayla and did the DJ scaut men.
Speaker 3: Smoke machine?
Speaker 4: No, none of the one smoke alarms in the Then.
Speaker 3: You've been at a wedding where they put boxes of dry ice in the corner of the dance floor.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you look like you flew.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the butterfly releases? So sometimes people release butterflies at their ceremony, but it can be quite traumatizing because butterflies are quite a fragile organizer and when they get released, often they're dead, so they like let them out of the cannon or the box.
Speaker 3: There, shoot them out of the cannon.
Speaker 1: I've seen all these videos of doves coming out as well.
Speaker 2: And the people is not a thing anymore. Imagine me saying to Paul, I think we should release duves.
Speaker 3: Can you do that? Can you do it recorded?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's stunning, that's great.
Speaker 1: What about release like magpies?
Speaker 3: Because you know, we could talk about the wedding exos? Can you set an alarm to do that today? Because we should talk about the wedding expot tomorrow because it's still topical, not today.
Speaker 2: I can't do today.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing a different husband? What's wrong with You're not seeing Paul today?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying Paul, we're having done about no kidding his wife. We're definitely not. We're not. We're not having time. I mean physically we are, but we're not. We're very happy. We love each other more when we're not together, and then we get back together.
Speaker 3: And I'm like living together is really.
Speaker 8: It was the thumbs wedding adversary yesterday though at the anniversary, what have you got something? Just say something nice about what's your favorite thing about your one year with your wife?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: It's been fun, Okay, maybe a little bit more. What's your favorite thing about your wife?
Speaker 6: She's very tolerant.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to ask you a question?
Speaker 1: She'd have to be Can I ask you a question that I would ask some perspective couples if the internet or phones weren't invented. Where would be the first place that you would go looking for your wife if you could not find her?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good question, A.
Speaker 6: Great question.
Speaker 2: Your homebodyn She.
Speaker 6: Loves to go out, so it'd be a long search, depends what time exactly. She'd beat a lot of restaurants, she food. Yeah, she's just like blocks to go out.
Speaker 3: Does she not like being at home with you?
Speaker 5: Doesn't.
Speaker 3: She likes that.
Speaker 6: She probably beat the dog, Parker the dog the.
Speaker 3: Races for sure.
Speaker 1: Where would you find Darcy driving range?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Obsessed?
Speaker 2: Where would you find Probably in the other room. She just watched body. Where did you find Mikayla?
Speaker 3: Probably at work?
Speaker 2: Where did she work?
Speaker 4: Well, she's actually nanny at the moment. She did day care, but she's not in center at the moment. Doesn't like the politics, a lot of politics, and so many of the workers there, they're just straight out of school trainees doing childcare. They don't even want to be there. And it's kind of a job that you have to want.
Speaker 3: To be there.
Speaker 2: You do it if you didn't want to be there.
Speaker 4: Exactly, But there's so many people coming out of school.
Speaker 3: Now, could you just do a home job.
Speaker 4: She's nannying for a couple.
Speaker 3: She's been handing them for a while for a while. Now, what do they pay?
Speaker 4: It's the same as she was getting what they are because i'm it's the same that she was getting at the center, like an hourly rate. She's got two kids instead of twelve, and there's no paperwork. Yeah, yeah, there's no staff members that you're going to want to no allergies.
Speaker 6: Where would poorly find you laws.
Speaker 2: At a long lunch Somewhere, I'd be in it, I'd be having I'd be drinking so much Somewhere.
Speaker 3: At a Japanese restaurant the other day, and I opened up the menu and I looked at the moment, they've got black cord and logo.
Speaker 2: Do not order that, comparing some other places do do a good black cos Where were you for yourssum cosumia?
Speaker 6: Consume mate?
Speaker 3: You know alien The thumb caught up in the wild on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I heard about that.
Speaker 1: So the whole team caught up except for me.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I wasn't there the whole producing team.
Speaker 1: The whole producing team caught up.
Speaker 3: Who was more messy?
Speaker 2: Hang on, just quickly? Did you mean to catch up? Or did you bump into each other?
Speaker 6: It was I wouldn't say we mean to, but it just happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you bumped into each other?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait were you and your anniversary dinner?
Speaker 7: And it had been a big day for the gentlemen, an early start, into an early middle, into a long middle, into a.
Speaker 6: Very yeah, very reasonable. That point, I would have.
Speaker 2: Thought, what condition was the thumb in how do you tipped a few in more of it, more of a state than me?
Speaker 3: I was pretty well, the way, did you have to lay down the law to your friends not to hit on all? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to, you know, because obviously day one was on today, so I didn't want there to be hr case looming head on the day one.
Speaker 6: Obviously that will come exactly not day one. Yeah, so I just had to. I was like, boys, that's just.
Speaker 7: Special mention to big Scaffy. Big Scaffy had to be told. You know that this isn't for you, mate, knowles.
Speaker 3: Just do you remember big Scaffold? What would have been? Then?
Speaker 6: This is a big scaff he had, he had the fur collar on.
Speaker 3: Jesus, no wonder it was fun.
Speaker 6: Big Sexy's Big Sexy. Big Sexy had to be told, certainly.
Speaker 3: Ken your friends big something.
Speaker 7: Because his name is Mackenzie Sexyton and he's so we called him big Sexy.
Speaker 1: Are you being dumb?
Speaker 6: I'm pumpa.
Speaker 1: Lauren.
Speaker 3: Would you like to know what Bras called?
Speaker 1: I think it has something to.
Speaker 6: Do this last Yeah, that's going on.
Speaker 2: I want to know off not because he just shook his head at me. I don't want to make enemies this.
Speaker 3: Early on any other housekeeping before we move on? Cleans off with the eye doctor. Hopefully he'll be okay, probably, Ali, are your furniture rise today? When's the housewarming?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: We don't just school on Friday night.
Speaker 3: We can do Friday. I can't do Friday.
Speaker 2: Warming apparently, but now no one's Friday, so maybe we just won't do one.
Speaker 1: Maybe why don't we just go to Jason's house instead?
Speaker 3: That's a good idea.
Speaker 6: Got a couple of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, yeah, are you sharing? I don't know, well, who's calling you?
Speaker 3: I'm getting a FaceTime from my wife?
Speaker 2: Come behind the curtain.
Speaker 3: You're on speaker with it? Can you clean up the child? He's got a snotty nose? Oh no, sick? Oh he does? He does look sick. I can't hang out with You're on the podcast with everyone. Everyone.
Speaker 2: Hi, We just wanted to peek behind the curtains of what you were calling to yelling at him about this morning?
Speaker 1: What's he done? Is he in trouble?
Speaker 3: Can you hold the camera back? We can't see you guys. Actually does look sick? Oh mate?
Speaker 2: Oh can you say?
Speaker 3: Can you say track? I love your call? You back.
Speaker 2: Actually, do eat steak.
Speaker 3: Bye?
Speaker 2: Now he wants to talk to dad back soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, so cute.
Speaker 2: I went away with my niece for the holidays, and I'm going to tell you about it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But they just.
Speaker 2: I was, no, let's not talk about it. I was exhausted yesterday, don't.
Speaker 3: Oh, mate, people like you were arrested and I was like, I'm exhausted, but thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look exhausted.
Speaker 4: You know how people without kids like us, we have nieces and nephews for a couple of hours and then we get sick of them.
Speaker 3: We hand it back.
Speaker 2: I took my niece on a holiday, a week of holiday, a holiday. I took my brother in fourteen weeks. And let's talk about it tomorrow, okay, because like I said so once and I'll say it again, kids are fucking.
Speaker 3: You have no idea, you know. I was singing the other day. I remember before we have Felix, and we're like, our life isn't going to change. I said to these guys at this coffee shop that I'll go to every afternoon, I'll be here. I'll just have the kid in a capsule. I haven't seen those people for ten fucking years.
Speaker 2: Well, I said, baby can fly with me.
Speaker 3: Oh stop, save this, save.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: Ay, I don't have to drop downton one.
Speaker 2: I get. I like rot.
Speaker 3: And I likes to be relatable. I'll take road.
Speaker 4: The kitchen's too noisy in one A.
Speaker 3: Plus, you're got table. You you want the table that drops down in the seat in front?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, no, I like roads. You thinks underneath front, you can't. I never travel business class lesson with porn. It's because he's too tall to see in the regular Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'll drive a test to save the environment.
Speaker 2: We'll I fly business cuss and put me down the back while he was out the front of his life, wouldn't Yeah, exactly. And we have a lot of frequently points that we use, so we use them for our holiday.
Speaker 3: It's all free. Yeah yeah, and and yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was great with the baby.
Speaker 3: Out of habit. I'd love to see you get on a puss and go to turn left and realize that know where to go? On my kidding. I love just to seek it on the pass. I got all right, we're out of here. We're seeing them everybody bay bye bye,