Speaker 1: Welcome to the Cod NRL Show. Dave Riccio has always Brent Reeve, Michael carry on. That's another week in rugby league, more headlines, more drama and.
Speaker 2: A couple of teams that needs and performs. We've created some of the dramas. Yeah, okay, let's get into it. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Saint George Illawarra are allowed to call them that, yeah dragon stuff. Well, I think it's time for this club to grow up. It's been mired by failures, reputed failures, and you can go back through how many goddamn junior rugby league players they're losing out of that.
Speaker 2: Awesome nursery of the Illawarra, And.
Speaker 1: For the first time in what twenty seven years, we find the Dragons under one roof, under this in this amazing center of excellence calling the Illawarra, I think effectively home doing ninety five percent of their training and preparation for aims down in Wollongong. The St George element of I'm largely being respectful here to Saint George because of their proud history, but the Sir George element of Saint George La Warre is now in the minority as far as the presence of that football team.
Speaker 2: Well it's been like that for years.
Speaker 3: Really, they've trained full time in Wollongong for more than a decade now. It's only changed flat again the broad and back to Krogra for the occasional occasional not the facilities under one roof is the first time because admin has sort of been split. But even admin in has lives have been based in Wollongong. But the Footages Club we're in the offices underneath the Grand Standard and the admin at the least club of either least club. So yeah, you're right from a from that point of view, they're finally under the one roofs, but you're not taking Saint George Lawarie out.
Speaker 2: Of the name.
Speaker 4: I don't mind your concept day coming with me. Well, I'm with you. I've been spending a drum for a long time.
Speaker 2: It's not a good thing.
Speaker 4: Been been in drug for long time. This is not a big club anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing with that, and.
Speaker 4: Part of it is the issues at board level. Right, they're perhaps more united than they have been previously, but it's still not really a smooth hip, right, there's still some friction there and I don't think this is my issue. This is my only issue, Dave. We're changing the name. You're not going to solve that just by changing the name. But I don't mind the concept because everyone knows them's the dragons anyway. People call them the dragons.
Speaker 2: That's who they are.
Speaker 3: You obviously, aside from the booze out of Cogra on the weekend. They'll change Saint George. They're not changing the dragon. It happens every game. It was very we're not talking about very brief. They chance Saint George Cora.
Speaker 4: Well that's well, again, that's an illustration of why you probably need to be the dragon.
Speaker 2: Why did they only gather the logo because because okay, we were about this a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Ago, chanced Saint George la Wara, not just Saint George. Just to Clara, that shows the division.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, it's right. Another fact, it shows a division. Well, do they haven't been able to marry it? Does? St George's name?
Speaker 3: This St George la war George Laase Canterbury Banks down. No one's chanting that Canoby Banks down. Subtly, no one's saying there, but no one's channing that.
Speaker 4: It's Canterbury George la Warre's too earlier.
Speaker 2: Me like, what are you talking about anyway? What are you with me? One hundred percent? I'm with you. Go the Dragons now, Dave.
Speaker 3: I think this is a deflection from your club that has portal loose for the facilities, don't doesn't have a leaf club that's been open for five years. They should relocate and just call them Adelaide Sharks. Just clear the area, blow them up, move them along the Dragons, Saint George Laura, take over that area.
Speaker 1: It's a point in discussion, point at a time where the club is on its knees. They have had They failed to make the finals since twenty eighteen. They've had one premiership in their joint ventures history. Despite the fact of having an entire nursery of talent to cultivate and develop into elite stars, star after star continue to leave the club. I'm not We're in a situation where Shane Flanagan has been bagged for going and getting representative players to try and uplift the younger players coming through.
Speaker 2: Represented players stretch.
Speaker 1: Okay, well they weren't represented people were now. They wouldn't have to do that if they were one United Force.
Speaker 2: What No, Now that's a long bow club.
Speaker 3: Look, I agree with you up until that recruitment point, because what clubs don't recruit recruited is like Papoli here Kiwi International, Adam Fanol Blake. Oh that's a bad club. No man, that's that's not the point. The recruitment's not the point. They've got the recruitment wrong, no doubt, but there is something wrong with that organization. I agree one hundred percent because you look at they've won one finals.
Speaker 2: They won, Garrick Jesse Cohen. I'm not arguing with you on that right.
Speaker 3: I'm arguing with you on the top end recruitment right, because all clubs go and make top end recruitments regard regardless of how good their junior pathways are.
Speaker 2: They've won one finals game since Ie Bennet left the club.
Speaker 3: Right, it's it's horrific, But losing like getting rid of the Saint George law. And you touched on the logo. It's an interesting point. So they have changed the logo except on the jersey. Right, the jersey remains of Saint George Laurire logo. But if you look at the logos throughout the club and they're apparel and on the website it's just the Dragon pixels, right, which is crap, right, But that was that was the reason that was given because because.
Speaker 1: Because it's an attempt to be one United club for the first time.
Speaker 3: It's an attempt, don't I think. I think you guys are reading too. I honestly don't think there's a divide between Saint George and I.
Speaker 2: Laura, you just confirmed there was, you said, and I didn't.
Speaker 4: People chance Saint George.
Speaker 2: That's not a divide.
Speaker 3: It's just people that have grown up supporting Saint George, channing Saint George. That's not a sledge in Laura a little bit, not really, because they're not. They're not saying we don't want Elaora. They know the name Saint George Lawa right. I don't, honestly don't think there's a divide between Saint George in Illawarra, at that fan base that it's been twenty five years.
Speaker 4: But that's the upper level. They don't get on Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't get don't get on board the board, the Saint George side and the wind side. They're not the best of maids, right, And there are some figureheads that butt heads there, no doubt, right, But I don't think the name definitely the name is the issue with the joint, right there's I'm not saying this is the issue with the joint.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's a it's a chance to to all they will do.
Speaker 3: You've mentioned the fact that the club train and Wollongong yep, their players come from Wollongong. About the redevelopment, it will, it will end, it will end Saint George, it will endege.
Speaker 2: So that's where I want to get to. It will and St George in twenty five thirty years time. What does Saint George Lla woror look like and where are they based and where it's home. It's the way it's headed.
Speaker 3: It will be ten games in Woollongong if we can, and one one at Cogra or two at Coggra and depending on how many games we play, right, so maybe nine in Wollongong, two at Cogra and then marquee games elsewhere.
Speaker 1: In twenty five years time, I'm still playing two games at Cogre maybe at best.
Speaker 4: The grounds are dump right it is it is they won't play there anymore.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous unless it's you've got a new.
Speaker 4: Stadium, will win, which is making a lot of money. Right, they make a lot of money out of that because a lot of a good corporate setup, a new corporate setup, and they'll be making so much money out of win, they'll just play there.
Speaker 2: One thing I will say is that St. George will be a fun thing.
Speaker 3: One thing I will say is that the district Club and the least club they've taken over the naming the rights of cogor Oval now right. They're willing and will tip in millions of dollars to ensure games are still played there. They just need counsel support and counseling.
Speaker 2: They're a they're tough there. What's that one called George's river? George and that's my electric so be careful.
Speaker 4: Look, well he's changings, he's changing government.
Speaker 3: I was doing SDN over summer and we had Chris Mins on and I asked about Cogro. He lives in the areas mens something give you there's no chance.
Speaker 2: He's only got one more term left.
Speaker 4: As well?
Speaker 2: Is it? Now? Do you follow politics? No?
Speaker 4: I don't follow politics.
Speaker 2: What do I do? Going? He's going to run for the next lection, Buddy, What I.
Speaker 1: Do hope for is that more than eight thousand fans on Friday Night.
Speaker 3: In they will because you look at the wool On crowd averages right far exceed Cogra. Congres's crowds have been diabolical for about three seasons.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: They can't play with He's passionates and George fans jumped out of trees to bash Riccio and.
Speaker 2: Games. Where are they they cannot play?
Speaker 4: That's like half the crowd was a mixed family.
Speaker 2: George. They weren't doing though they should have been.
Speaker 1: This is a huge game Friday night against Manly. Can they turn it around me? Can they say I tipped them last week? I can't do it again. First time I've tipped them more year.
Speaker 2: I'm not tipping.
Speaker 4: I haven't tipped on. I would not be surprised they win, though, because I reckon maand they were on such a high last week. It's got to naturally be a little bit of a comdown for them.
Speaker 3: The difference between those two sides. And I've spoken to people about that at the Dragons. Hypothetically, if there is a coaching change, the Dragons don't have a sugar hit that mainly have got right, they just don't have it a the players don't hate the Sloane might be, but Sloan's the only But he's playing this week, right, But are you're talking about I'm talking about the Manly squad With Seves gone, the players were happier then they had X factors, all the kawatsu sure to Tommy Cohla, Yeah, Dragons have no one that resembles that, right, So if you really.
Speaker 2: No, Canval somehow pull out his best form?
Speaker 4: Well, I can do, but he's been down. He's got his best form left in him, Dave. The way his plays suggests.
Speaker 2: A class player in this time of the class player stands up.
Speaker 4: Well, he hasn't stood up pay far, is he? So I don't know whether maybe he hasn't any anymore potentially, you know, but they on need more than him to beat Manly. I mean the way Manly played last week. As I said, I expect me to have a little dip. But if they're anywhere near what they were last week, they'll blow the Dragons off the park and then you know what, all hell will break loose and the weekend will be a nightmare for everyone, journalists chasing the story and Flanno scrambling to keep his job. It's a really interesting story, isn't it that that Flannels scrambling. Look, I think we all think plans done anyway, right, But the fact he's had to rely on his son to coming into this to basically save his job, it's a great It's it's a really intriguing story. You know, Kyle shifting in a number seven the half back role. Kyle will be steering this team around the park if they're getting at home against Manly. You know it's going to be largely on his shoulders, I would say. And the fact his dad's jobs on the line and he's and this kid who's been under the microscope ever since he's been in that footage club with his dad, has been relied upon to basically dear them home. It's a great story. I don't think enough enough to be made of it this week?
Speaker 2: Every day? What do you want to do? Have we have?
Speaker 4: We spoken about the Carle factor every day though, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And coming back from the head nock, I feel as though the Sloan inclusion could bark some life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully I love the way he Blokes are hanging on to Torrell Slane. What's he done for three years? Why can I spoke about it? An A three sixty last night people said, Torrel Sloane.
Speaker 2: Could you know the upside the difference?
Speaker 4: He can run, that's it, but he's been another run for years. I'm with you, and I don't know why people suddenly think he's going to turn around this football club. I'm just saying an opinion.
Speaker 1: I think mainly, yeah, Fella's expansion has been in the headlines this week, but notably let's just drill down on Perth a little.
Speaker 2: Because if we're listening to the conversations on the end of our phone.
Speaker 4: Lines, drama Dave the capital d.
Speaker 2: But a drama in w A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are board meeting on Friday and there's lots of talk that the head of football football manager David Sharp, CEO Anthony de seg aren't on the same page and it's going to be discussed at the board meeting on Friday. Now, the thing is that David Sharp was Mel's guy, Melvininger, So if they make a move on Dave, I'm intrigued to see what Mel does. There's a lot. It hasn't been a smooth ride Perth, right. I think we thought it was going to be difficult, but it's been more difficult than everyone thought. Getting a roster, the friction within the administration, it's just not going smooth.
Speaker 1: They've got zero media support from Seven West Media who are at loggerheads with CEO Anthony de Sigli, so they get no exposure whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I think the only saving grace is the Bears Monika. Otherwise I don't think anyone would care seriously. Yeah, if they didn't have the Bears attached to it, I wonder what the interest levels would be like, but I think.
Speaker 2: It'd be minimal.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot now, Mick.
Speaker 2: I imagine it didn't have Red.
Speaker 4: It's a big issue for the NRL because on need Perth to be successful and now they're fishing in the same pond for players as P and G with Mick Chamis, who's loaded with cash free at tax free dollars. So it's a pretty I wouldn't say it's a die situation over there, but I'll tell you what, it's had a bit of a crucial juncture in there in their short history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the most most recent signings that we've heard you boys, because Jake Gavarrillo is one that's popped up.
Speaker 4: And the Lily Brotherske's been going, alright, have a guyer.
Speaker 2: Their squad is okay, it's just okay. Yeah. I think we gave it a six out of ten generous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's just hard to believe that, you know, here we are in round five this time next year, that Perth Bears will be five rounds into the season.
Speaker 2: It's just hard to believe that they're that close because they feel so far away from from from being ready to launch there, because there's no experience buzz about him at the moment at all.
Speaker 3: You hear around the Chiefs and the word around the Chiefs, and you know, Michael Chump's done a good job selling the Chiefs vision.
Speaker 2: Who's doing that for Perth.
Speaker 1: And their struggle and their struggle will be to create that buzz for us Sydney journos to write about them.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be hard.
Speaker 3: They've got the Bears and the good will and the exitement around the Bears is still there, still genuine, but there's just no gravitask to that squad and the surrounding elements of that club.
Speaker 4: At the moment, it lacks star power, significantly.
Speaker 2: Lacks stuff, and that's what was supposed to bring, right.
Speaker 4: But I mean, player wise, i'm talking more Mick than Melbourn's a bit of star power. He probably does, but Mel hasn't done.
Speaker 2: He's not out there, he's not as active.
Speaker 4: He's not doing hippo media. And at the moment, what are you selling, really, you're selling a bang average roster. It's basically an average what they put together their first six seventeen or sixteen players. They're just solid, well not all of them, most of them just solid first graders. There's no Markee name that's you know, screams put put my name up in lights. Right, that's the problem for them. And now, as I said, they're up against Pang, it's going to be really hard for them to land a really Markee name, right. But that's that's the secondary issue at the moment. The main issue at the moment is the friction within the organization. This is an organization at the NRL. The NRL runs this organization. They don't need, you know, an administration that's at war with itself, and that's what it sounds like it is at the moment, so they need to make some big decisions. I've said board meeting Friday we might have some.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I found the David Sharp appointment strange. Strange.
Speaker 4: Where's Melman?
Speaker 2: I would argue Anthony.
Speaker 1: Off kilter as well for starting a brand new rugby league franchise.
Speaker 4: No, I agree. I think most people were surprised when Anthony de Segulers made CEO. I think a lot of people were stunned when David Sharpe's made Heat of Footy given these Obviously he's got an impressive resumes ahead of Sports Integrity Australia, but he hasn't mean a forty for thirty years or something.
Speaker 2: And you can't underestimate the politics in the game.
Speaker 4: And when you're out there trying to sign players and sell a footy club and you actually haven't been in regular league for thirty years, that's a tough job. It's a tough sell you with me, Yeah, I mean and now due respective me, he hasn't coached a long time. I'll always couched trailer obviously in queens Ad times, but has been in the club the hurly Bildy, the washing machine of club footed for a long time as well. So, man, they've got some work to do.
Speaker 1: When are we going to see a Jersey Mick? Maybe we need some hype around. Yeah, give us something.
Speaker 2: On this yet.
Speaker 3: Next time they play in Perth, Melbourne take a game to Perth later in the year.
Speaker 2: That's when I wuld launched.
Speaker 4: Want to do it this week?
Speaker 2: Just get it done, man, what's the problem? I don't know. I don't know. I don't know what the issue is. But that's that's the plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be interested in to how many people go to the games this week? The game this is, yeah, doublehead? How many people get to isn't it? An ib It's okay? See, I've got no interest in Perth and apologies. Be interested in to how many people go to that game? How many they expected?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: No, I don't what's that all about? Fifty sixty? Yeah? Yeah, okay, see what they get.
Speaker 1: God's a bit of player movement news. You broke the story yesterday, Mick Brady, Connor Watson, Sidney Rooster's talent has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs, noting that he is contracted until the end of twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this has been bubbling in the background for the past couple of weeks. Connor Watson now formally granted permission to talk to rival clubs and we're twelve months left on his contract. It's an interesting one because he's talking to PNG, definitely talking to P and G. And if he doesn't deal with P and G a two year deal, then you're going to get parked somewhere for twelve months. Whether that remains at the Roosters or a club like Manly or someone else would look. Definitely look at Connor Watson. If he does go to P and G for two years, he's definitely someone that a club will signed for twelve months.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I mean he's been linked with obviously Manly and he'd be perfect for them for twelve months. Wherever gets a job there because he's a good blake, play variety positions, good footballer and black site that valuable commodity. So he'll get a gig somewhere for the next twelve months and you know I'd sign him I was in charge of footy team.
Speaker 2: Do we know the reason why the Roosters are happy to let him go. It's back to Reedy's pet baby R three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and hasn't that crueled some people the.
Speaker 3: Fact that Connor had intimated to the ruses that look if it if it gets off the ground, I'm going to go to R three sixty. But it's still contracted and is like, nohs, we'll let you go. So they started planning for life after Connor Watson. R three sixty is falling through. Now they said, well, essentially, I think that's the way it's played out. It's led to a change in management for Corner as well, so I think essentially that that's how it's played out. From the rooster's end, they've they've spent his money.
Speaker 2: Yep, pen Manly anywhere else? You think he'd be a good fit me.
Speaker 3: I think he'd perfect from Melbourn with Tyrone wish are going, Yeah, I think he'd be Look, I think his best positions number thirteen in that lock and I don't love him at dummy half Connor Watson, but if he's your number two dummy half, I think he does an outstanding job to parachute in for fifteen minutes in a game.
Speaker 2: If you need to all for a.
Speaker 3: Couple of games or so during the season. I don't think he's an eighty minute donmy half week in week out. I think his best position is thirteen. So you've got someone like Harry Grant.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. There is got Trent Aerro plays a lock for him, doesn't He's an Origin player, so you have to move. It's a good fear.
Speaker 2: It's a tyrant wish roll.
Speaker 4: Well but you're saying it's a third. But now you're saying it's utility. But the value of utility is un the same. Nick.
Speaker 3: He's a utility, but he's premier position for mine's thirteen.
Speaker 4: So he's not going to play thirty at that footy club because the hero is there. So basically signed him as a utility.
Speaker 2: I think any clubs signing him as a utility.
Speaker 4: I think some clubs are sign him. It's been pretty good.
Speaker 2: Sign him as a starting thirday.
Speaker 4: Well, it depends. It depends what a round ten you can play prop. Yeah, but then you've got Kobe Headington.
Speaker 2: Second, you've got this what I'm saying, like he can play like they can make.
Speaker 4: It work, you can make room for him. I just think you play a lot there. I guess in the team ahead of h because he's Origin player. Manly maybe gets yeah and maybe, but Manly potentially.
Speaker 3: If it's a different start, if it's a twelve month deal, he might go on better chance to win a premiership at Melbourne. Let me go to Melbourne and play that utility. I don't know, I'm just you know, I like Cronola. Dave would be a great landing for him, you know, depending on Key McKinnon mckinness, right, you know, obviously they got Brayley there who plays eighty minutes every week.
Speaker 2: But he's a good foil just in case. Like, I think that's his best spot.
Speaker 3: If he goes to a club as a you're looking at him as your premiere lock backup hooker. I think it works perfectly regardless of the death of the utility.
Speaker 2: What position.
Speaker 3: Dylan Walker similar Walker. Dylan Walker's off contract though, but it's a similar role to Dylan Walker.
Speaker 1: Just staying with the Roosters, Fellows moving towards their game that they are in Perth thready part of that double header they're coming off to buy the Chucks. Victor Bradley return, Spencer Lenu returns. This is starting to look like the Rooster's roster that does the damage.
Speaker 4: Both those teams have been pretty inconsistent though, haven't they this year? Sharks and Roosters hard to read, hard to get a good readown. I think I tip the Roosters, but with no confidence, Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because you just don't know what you're going to get from.
Speaker 4: We don't know what you can get for either of those teams. The Sharks in the day have looked great this year, but they've had days where they've looked awful, and the Roosts have been a bit the same. So one of those sides needs to start showing some consistency. I tipped the Rusters just because I don't know why I tipped them. Actually, I just had to pick. I had to tip someone we don't well that. I think that's an even money better But in.
Speaker 1: All honesty, now with Bradley and Lenu now back into this team, and with all the other stars in this side, this is the Rooster's side that needs to go and do some damage.
Speaker 4: Of course, I've been bagging on about this for twelve months. Yeah, you thought they should have won the comp last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for those reasons.
Speaker 1: Feel good story of the entire weekend, West Tiger's versus new Castle Knights fellas who would have thought they'd be up there in the top two or rented of the competition.
Speaker 2: Frent's got the Tigers win the comp.
Speaker 4: I had him in the eight. Remind you good good work?
Speaker 2: Was are you moving, Adam Dewey?
Speaker 1: If Crals was banging on about this, Crals Crawls does some funny things, but he he and look, I can understand. I can understand what he's saying because Jock Madden's been terrific in filling the void of Jerome.
Speaker 2: Luwie's Wait, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't get away from the fact the lynchpins of this team and their transformations.
Speaker 3: Adam, do we When you said it on Tuesday NIGHTUM three sixty, I agreed with you, and I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Now I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you move, Adam. Do I can understand the question, yeah, because Jock Madden has been such a good playerform this year. But I think this is Jock's role as a pinch it I get in a few weeks when there's a couple of injuries and you know you've got a good safety net on your bench.
Speaker 2: Every week just in case. But yeah, I wouldn't be picking him the head well.
Speaker 4: Laughing at the insanity of it all that's even being talked about.
Speaker 2: It's a worthy No, it's not.
Speaker 4: You spend your whole summer training without him doing it, and I'm doing Jerome Leua and the halves. They start the season really well, well, Jerome Lawa gets injured, right, missed a couple of weeks, and sudden we go throw that out the window because Jock Mann's going, alright, give me a break. It's actually not an it's not a discussion. I can't believe we're even talking about it. It's ridiculous. With no disrespect to Jock Madden. It's all Paul Crawley. It was a great journo. But Crauls, what's doing seriously? I mean, it's crazy. It's crazy, isn't not.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I'm with you. I don't think going bad.
Speaker 3: Look I don't think it's crazy to ask the question. But it's a ten second answer.
Speaker 2: Adam doing. Dr Laway got his pull up against his former player.
Speaker 4: This is just sensation made this guy and they when they signed him Newcastle when he was playing at a Wigan. I think it was he was being compared to saying Bill Williams. He was dynamic offloads, you know, and he went to Newcastle and you didn't see it. You never saw it. And now he's gone the Tigers. Benji's released the shackles a bit, taking the seatbelt and we're seeing the player that he promised to be when he was in England. He is a great football man. He's got I'll tell you what he's got. He's very intrigued in body shape, got the world's smallest calves, legs like sticks, like sticks. He's got.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: When he gets that football in one hand and starts doing things with it, his dynamite.
Speaker 1: I will take your calves and raise you Thomas Kant's thighs. That bloke has the like has the biggest legs in rugby. Like Tommy, can't you know what you know? I've told you this before he gets on the bike, told he does the Tour de France before he Yeah, because when I'm doing sideline, but he just walked. I said, Tommy, you've got the biggest league legs in the game.
Speaker 4: Maybe Tommy should talk the ki should get some can fill out those cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you got a body? But look at Tommy's.
Speaker 4: He's been outstanding for the West Tigers. Loved good football.
Speaker 1: I can tell who are you leaning towards here, because you can't deny the Knights are right in this game despite its a it's a Campbelltown Campbelltoon home game.
Speaker 2: At the time, and they've all got playing good foot of the Knights. They move the ball well. The highest paid players out from both sides, Brown j.
Speaker 4: Where they leaned. You reckon when everyone's back the Knights in terms of when everyone's fit.
Speaker 2: Against Sanding either nine or bench.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Sharp and Brown and obviously.
Speaker 2: I reckon they land when it's time to talk turkey with Kaylan. On letting him go, I don't think they'll go that. I don't know if they do. But is the trajectory going forward?
Speaker 1: He's the future and and you can't have and you've got to gonna have to pay to keep him because there'son there will be a Congo contract, the Congo line of football clubs lining up.
Speaker 2: To pay him.
Speaker 4: He's very good player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and you can't And to pay Fletcher then Dylan Brownie's million, and to pay another one point too for Kaylin ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: I'm in between what you guys are saying, I don't think they're as They're not in the situation where they've been in the past couple of years where they need to keep Kaalen, Right, they're not that desper They're not as desperate, So I reckon, I want to keep him, but they're going to have a price point and they're not going to be squeezed this time around.
Speaker 1: The red Hot Panthers unstoppable, unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe tonight, maybe maybe the Bulldogs find a way.
Speaker 4: No, yes, no, not in the current environment. Not the way Penalthy, not the way the Bulldog's going. I don't think. I don't think they can beat them. But he knows what do I know? Yeah, broke your league. It's funny game, tell you what. And Nathan clear is two hundred that they'll be fun up for that.
Speaker 3: But I said his last night, what do you guys think, Nathan? I said, he's had the most impressive time of games that I was saying from anyone.
Speaker 4: Probably, Yeah, it's hard to argue. And he's won four comps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 4: It just needs to win a Delian, but he'll probably win it this year. He's gets injury free miles ahead of everyone in.
Speaker 2: The ma's say injury free. Yeah, win, he'll win it this year.
Speaker 1: What we're saying on three sixty last night, really you firmly believe you'll well, he'll go to market November.
Speaker 4: There's a suggestion going around day that he wants to go to market November one and just see what's out there out there, gauge his value on the open market. So that that's been doing the rounds. I'm not sure it'll go down that path, but if it does, mate, can you imagine the money that's going Can you get thrown at that kid by not just P and G, by rival clubs. I mean, if you're when the cap goes up in twenty eight, it'll go up around twenty percent, right, they expect I think he's a two mini. I think you're goll to give him. He'll get two million dollars off. Someone will offer him two million dollars. And then if you consider maybe what P and G ten you throw at him, just so they throw one eight, one, seven five at him, that's tax three, right, that's about three three and a half. Some Oldfield endorsements come his way, that's tax three as well. He's going to be earning four or five million dollars if he goes to P and G.
Speaker 3: I agree with really better than your one point seven million dollars for Klein suggestion. Give Nathan almost two mil dragons.
Speaker 4: Why are you making it a Kaleen bash.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not a Kalen it's your version.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, the same club that offer Nathan two would probably offer Kalen one seventy five. What wouldn't they.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, no, why because I'd rather Nathan it two than Kaalen at one point seventy five.
Speaker 2: Okay, mm hmm, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it's going to be interesting to see. I'd be fascinating if he does. I always just assumed he'd be penful life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think. I don't know if he thinks that way now anymore. I think I think he said that would be his preference.
Speaker 3: Maybe, But that's intriguing and items off contract too. The whole thing is very intriguing.
Speaker 4: De Yeah, it'll cause a hell of a stir because a lot to fight in their hands in Penrith, and they've got so many blokes of contract at the end of twenty seven, and they've lost players over the years. But if if they want a match or go near what Nathan will get in the open market, that's going to put a hell of a squeeze on everywhere else and they're going to lose some players.