Speaker 1: You should turn off the TV, probably at the same time for a closer and emotional physical connection.
Speaker 2: Look normally we would. I'm pregnant, so I'm going to give myself some grace. Where's your Head At? Is a podcast that talks full things right, Hold on a sec, Let's give this a refresh. Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt, and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 2: Times and exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 1: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 2: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 1: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 2: So Matt, where's your head at? Hello? And welcome to another maternity lead episode.
Speaker 1: Where's your head? Out of Anna?
Speaker 2: My head is? I'm happy, I'm sore. I'm still pregnant. In this current moment, this is the last day of wearing my rings because my fingers are so swollen.
Speaker 1: Look at that, geez are what's the little Frankfurt fingers?
Speaker 2: I actually have like naturally quite like long and skinny fingers, but I feel like I actually think they just like look like normal hands.
Speaker 1: They're not that swollen. I wouldn't say the ring does, but.
Speaker 2: The ring is like, look at that. It's actually a bit scary, to be honest. So the last day of wearing rings, I'm gonna use some soap, good old handy dandy soapy.
Speaker 1: Give it a clean while you're there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Talking about hands, I think I have really nice hands. No, like man hands. I don't know who. They look like a man's hands. Like I had a mate and we were like twenty five twenty six and I looked at his hands and I'm like, you still have kids hands.
Speaker 2: Has someone complimented your hands?
Speaker 1: I have had an X in the past say she loved how manly my hands here? Look at no, seriously look.
Speaker 2: At them like, yeah, they're hands.
Speaker 1: Would you look at Michael's hands and go their manly hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I think about everything about Michael as manly.
Speaker 1: You think they're smooth and like soft, too feminine soft.
Speaker 2: They don't look like they've done a lot of hard labor, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Not for a couple of years. No, and a lot of moisturizing cream on my face as well.
Speaker 2: He's a self care man.
Speaker 1: I just think they look manly. Yeah, like them, I wouldn't say their model hands, but they're just pretty man hands.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it reminds me of? Like you even just talking about this is like when we first joined our modeling agency, actually not the one, not Chadwick where we were, but the one I was at before, and like literally they rated like every single part of your body. They were like hands, like seven as, like like eyes this out of ten, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like every single or do you remember what they rated you?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. I remember my feet didn't get a high rate because my second to is longer. I'm like, wait to give people complexes.
Speaker 1: Though that was the industry.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was the industry back in the day.
Speaker 1: But we've moved on, moved on our insecurities, and we're better people for it.
Speaker 2: Funnily enough, I have a funny story to tell you. I was at the post office the other day and like, I think, the way my body has grown in a pregnant way when I'm turned around, I don't look pregnant. If you look at me, I'll show you one second, look at me like that, like, don't look in the reflection.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, you don't look How are you specially pregnant? From them behind.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because like I think, I don't know depending on like the baby and like what weight it's growing. Like you can sometimes look more round from the side, whereas I feel like when you look at me from behind, I don't look pregnant. Anyway, I was in the post office. I was in the line. I did my business with the post office person, turned around and there was this guy behind me, and he like smiled at me, like he was like kind of flirting. Then he looked down at my stomach and looked like he saw the fear of death.
Speaker 1: You have said this before, you've engaged him.
Speaker 2: Before that this was like he was so obvious, like he fully was like flirting at my face and then looked deeply terrified seeing my stomach.
Speaker 1: So not a wedding band engagement ring didn't scare him off.
Speaker 2: He maybe didn't see. I mean I literally turned around for like this.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: This all happened within like four seconds max. Maybe three. It was like one minute of like a flirty smile, two seconds of complete terror.
Speaker 1: And then looked away and never looked back at you again.
Speaker 2: Good I'm married. I don't want him to look but it's just so it's just funny to me, you know, like that's funny, that.
Speaker 1: Is funny, that's i've I mean, you've said you've got that a fair bit.
Speaker 2: Not too like not really like not too much. I would say that I can definitely like men who have had children before really stand out from men who haven't, because like if a guy who's had like a kid before, who I'm like, you know, I don't know, I don't even know like where, like if I've gone to like I don't know, the bakery or something, and there's a guy who's had a kid before, He'll be like, oh, hey, how's it going, How's like how far along are you? Like excited things like that, like just normal general chit chat.
Speaker 1: And then there's me who's like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like you're pretty good. But like a guy who's like, hasn't really seen a pregnant woman before, or you know, maybe he's he doesn't have kids or whatever, they just get really awkward seeing me with a pregnant belly. I've noticed. I don't know if that's just me personally or if pregnant women around me.
Speaker 1: Let's ask the audience, Yeah, if you've.
Speaker 2: Been pregnant, yeah, I just feel like people like men, especially like young men, get quite awkward around a pregnant woman. That's what I've noticed. I don't care, but you know, just an observation.
Speaker 1: I stumbled onto this article, Anna, Yeah, it reads. A study from Ohio State University found that couples who sleep at the same time feel closer emotionally and physically. I thought it might say who fall asleep at the same time, but it doesn't. A study found the couples who go to bed at the same time are happier. Interesting, So that's the way I said. They've continued reading. Matching your sleep schedule can strengthen your relationship by giving you more quality time together and deepening your emotional bond. It also helps build healthy sleep habits and lower stress. So before you stay up late, consider how nice it would be to relax and unwine together. Going to bed at the same time just be the key to a happier relationship.
Speaker 2: I definitely like going to bed at the same time. I will say, what about you, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel that sometimes when you're in a house, there's a lot of people in there, there's a lot going on. Me and my partner will put on a movie or a TV show, whatever we're watching at the time, she'll fall asleep first. Yeah, I won't be so ready for sleep, and I'll probably with the next hour or half an hour, I'll watch something of my own.
Speaker 2: But would you like go into the bedroom together at the same time, like head to bed it together at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Sometimes watching a movie in another room, she'll fall asleep and I'll leave her there to then come back. She doesn't like to be woken up. Yeah, so I'll leave her asleep from the couch and then she'll come up. But no, when we do turn off the lights at the same time. Okay, I've got one. Actually, I was gonna bring up with the podcast Perfect Time too, do you fall asleep with the TV on? Bring? She thinks that falling asleep with the TV on is normal and I so she actually asked me to bring it up on the podcast to ask people because I don't feel like it is. I like to turn it off and have quiet, pitch black rooms. So when I want to fall sleep first, she'll leave the TV on, and then I'll wake up in the middle of the night and I'll still be running. And it frustrates the hell out of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get like quite anxious when I leave the TV on, even like if I fall asleep, I'll wake up like maybe fifteen minutes later and I'll hear it and turn it off because I need like dead silence. Yeah, I say that, and I'm about to go into motherhood and I'm gonna have no dead silence, or at least I think there'll be babies have like sleep noise things and meditation things. I don't like waves, and you know how a lot of people actually go to sleep with white noise. White noise is the word I was looking.
Speaker 1: We used to have it when I used to live with another partner. We have Google Home and we'd say good night Google, and I say what time would you like to set the alarm? Or would tell it and then it would play like just white noise, meditation, meditation music. I were pretty accustomed to that, and then when I moved we broke up. I put it on for a bit, but I've got over that pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: You prefer the silence. I think I prefer the silence too, But yeah, no, I can't sleep. I don't like sleeping with the TV on. But I guess, like you said, it's a personal preference, especially if you've grown up doing stuff like that. No, that's more comfortable to you, whereas for me, I would go to sleep in silence.
Speaker 1: I said this, I said, the moment my eyes get heavy, I go okay, and I turned the TV off. Give me too, moment my eyes get heavy, I don't go and accept that and leave it running with a noise going. I can't. Yeah, yeah, just to me, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that. I feel like when my eyes start getting heavy, I'm like, okay, let's wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap it up. Well, how do you have that conversation with Michael? What happens to peomans to stay awake?
Speaker 2: Sometimes he does stay awake, like recently, especially because I'm quite heavily pregnant. I just literally it gets to like eight o'clock and I'm like really getting exhausted. So We've been going into the bedroom at around eight, will get into bed, maybe watch a show, read a book, whatever, And I'm normally the first one falling asleep, usually at about nine on the top so early.
Speaker 1: I'm such a n nine o'clock. I'm going at eleven thirty these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like nine on the dart, really staying up.
Speaker 1: But I'm watching movies and I'm like in my own like, you know, just getting into it.
Speaker 2: I'm pregnant. I'm getting energy probably around.
Speaker 1: Six yeah right, I'm around sixty ish as well. I'm probably unhealthy amount of Yeah, I'm probably on a healthy amount of sleep six hours. I'd love to get a sleep expert on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I love eight hours of sleep. I love eight shows.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. That's awesome. Eight hours of sleep.
Speaker 2: What you could also choose have eight hours of sleep.
Speaker 1: Dude, No, I'd rather stay up and get my time to watch what I want to watch. Sacrifices will be made' You'll learn about sacrifices soon, you'll learn about it.
Speaker 2: What I was gonna say is I'll fall asleep early and then Michael will turn on like the Footy or yeah, something that he wants to watch, and I just honestly don't hear it because I'm so zong.
Speaker 1: Well, according to this study, that does not You should turn off the TV probably at the same time for a closer and emotional physical connection.
Speaker 2: Look, normally we would. I'm pregnant, so I'm gonna give myself some Grace. Okay, Mat, we have an anonymous voicemail. Let's give it a listen now.
Speaker 3: Hi, Matt and Emma. Longtime listener and fan of the podcast, but first time calling in. So I've been having a little bit of a dilemma lately. I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year now, and honestly, I have the time of my life with him. There's so many green flags and like, we get along perfectly, but there's just this one thing that I can't seem to look over, and it's that he has the worst style in fashion. Now, I know what you're thinking. It's probably not the biggest issue to have out of all the ones you could have in a relationship.
Speaker 4: However, it's getting to the point where I don't even want to bring him around my friends because I just know that my people are kind of laughing at him, and I get a bit nervous if you know, we're going out on a date, because some of the outfits that he wears are hideous, and I'm just a bit stuck on what to do. I've tried to take him shopping, I've tried to style him myself, and he'll always revert back to the most. I hate to say it, but diabolical outfits, and it's just it's a little bit awkward. I want to I don't know how to address it. I don't want to hurt his feelings.
Speaker 3: I obviously love the man, but how did I go about it in a nice way? Any advice would be appreciated.
Speaker 2: So she took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say, take him shopping, get him a whole new wardrobe.
Speaker 1: And he's not accepting that.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, well no, I think he is accepting it. But then like he'll just wear his outfits. Maybe it's time to bring out the garbage pack all the recycling to charity.
Speaker 1: Do you have you dated someone that has had poor fashion and you've gone mind?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Actually yes, I was going to say we literally I remember where I was standing when you told me this. You tell a story.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we could hear the same thing.
Speaker 1: You rocked up to a restaurant and I was standing in the in the vitamin I like holts you're telling me on the phone. I was looking at free workout.
Speaker 2: So I actually have a first date story. Okay, And obviously we know my you know the type. It's like kind of like long hair vibes. Whatever. This guy came on our first date. He was wearing a hat, he was wearing a shirt, he was wearing like boots, he was wearing like a is it a cravat?
Speaker 1: Matt Preston from Master Chef Cravat? Like he was like Maddie Preston on a date with Master anyway, would you go to a restaurant? I wouldn't get him to cook it for you?
Speaker 2: Cook what for me?
Speaker 1: Continue?
Speaker 2: So yeah, we went to a restaurant. We were just having a few drinks and some like tappers. Anyway, when I first saw his outfit, I was like, he's gone, Like really, it's gone all out.
Speaker 1: He's gone.
Speaker 2: It's a lot like I'm like not that judgmental of outfits, but like if you're wearing cravat, that's like pretty out there and a wide brimmed hat, and like, I don't want to give too much away. I'm pretty sure he would not listen to this podcast. In fact, I'm like almost ninety nine percent sure. I think he was like this is so embarrassing. I don't know if we keep this or not, but we might cut here, and if we do then we can't be heard. But he was like I think I was like recently off of Love Island, and he was like, oh, like I wanted to dress up because you're famous.
Speaker 1: No, I keep that in that's funny.
Speaker 2: I can't go. I was like, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: You get a second date.
Speaker 2: He actually did, but like he kind of did.
Speaker 1: Did he wear a cravat and to the next one?
Speaker 2: No, he didn't, but like he was really into bandanas. I know, I'm giving myself seriously, but express it was actually he was a really nice guy. I will say that was like a bit of foot mouth disease for that comment because I was like, oh, that's like he but he was a nice guy. We had a kiss at the end of the day, and surprisingly he was actually pretty good kisser. So I was like, you know, I gave him another another couple of rounds and then.
Speaker 1: We oh you went on multiple dates to them?
Speaker 2: We wear on a few and then we cut it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, but back to our anonymous call.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is not about me, but I'm just putting myself into like the thing where the mindset of feeling like very you know, like what's going on here?
Speaker 1: I've had I've had girls, I've never had a girl dress, and I think like their fashion. I thought, I never really think.
Speaker 2: I don't think like in general. Obviously this is a generalization, but I don't think in general, guys normally care unless it's like very like revealing or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's obviously different, that's a different conversation. That's a whole nother kettle of fish that one. But I would say, naturally, when you're with a partner, your fashion does change and does evolve, like you listen to your partner. I know with me, We've done an episode on this ages ago about like we've done one about the boyfriend the girlfriend effect, also about how you change your fashion, how much influenced your partner would have on you. I think that naturally happens.
Speaker 2: Like I think some people care more than others as well.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a car Heart top right now. Right, I didn't even I didn't even think about this brand before Tammy she mentioned it to me, And now I have some car Heart shirts.
Speaker 2: Right, I've never heard of the brand.
Speaker 1: You've never heard of it? Well, that's sort of something that like that just naturally evolves when you're with your partner.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: So, like you know, with an X, she likes what was it, colors grounds andy, so that my wardrobe naturally went that more hippie. It was more. What she did was a neutral word for it. She had a word I can't remembering. It was not neutrals. It was like gardening. I don't know, but I went that route. So I think naturally, over time, your partner should evolve, and hopefully he doesn't. He can, he can, and he stops throwing skinny jeans and tights medium t shirts with a ya.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 2: My advice to her is if there's certain specific items like, for instance, like Matt just said, a skinny jean, we need to just say, look, I don't I don't want you to wear that, like that's that's a note for me. But here's the present.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, sandwich it yeah, compliments sound you look so hot, but I think you would look nicer.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's not so hot. And skinny jeans that's absolutely no, no.
Speaker 1: No, you know how beautiful I think you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 1: I do not like your skinny jeans though.
Speaker 2: Can we place them with into the recycling bin?
Speaker 1: And can you have these you will look so good in these. That's a compliment, sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love a compliment, sandwich. I think, look, honesty is the best policy. If you guys are together, I think you can have a conversation. But I do understand not wanting to offend someone. And obviously she's tried to the obvious things like trying to buy new clothes and things. But I think, yeah, if there's specific items that you don't like, try to get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Maybe just sneak into his wardrobe and take throw them in a garbage bag down to the old arm, you know, stump and maybe.
Speaker 2: Just like if you're going out with friends, like be at his house or like if you guys don't live to.
Speaker 1: And if your friends are laughing at him, they're not good friends.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is if she's embarrassed, she needs to like potentially like come to his house before and maybe have some input. And you know, if he has if there's an outfit that you like on him, say love it when you wear this outfit, Like you know you could wear this, but just switch out the top and it's a different outfit. You know.
Speaker 1: I do like that, just a little bit of work. We work together'st the problem. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Love that okay, and that's all we have time for. As I said, I'm still on maternity leave. I hope you guys are all doing well.
Speaker 1: I look forward to hearing from you in a couple of weeks, and we hear from the baby here about all about your pregnancy. You know what I mean. We can get it on, say some words, hear all about your pregnancy. I'm sure you will tell last and we look forward
Speaker 2: To it if it sounds good, Okay, guys, until next time, Bye bye,