Speaker 1: I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's do this girls, these girls and boys and the gays. Hi, guys, I'm Sam Guggenheimer and you're listening to my brand new podcast, Hotter Than Yesterday, Run of the Blause that keep.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, So this is my new.
Speaker 2: Podcast by a little of me, just twenty three year old.
Speaker 1: Girl now from Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of you guys may have listened to me before on Joph Girls, the podcast that I shared with my friend Ezy Armitage, But a lot has happened and a lot has changed in twenty twenty five and is in I sprouting off into our own little journeys. Just for Girls was our baby for so long, and I can't wait to see what both of us can do with our two separate podcasts.
Speaker 1: So I feel like it's going to be insane.
Speaker 2: And for the people who loved Just for Girls as well, don't frat easy. I will still be doing monthly catch ups, but in this way, you guys can hear way more from us us living our different and separate lives. I'm going to the UK. I probably am there right now, and I've been there for a few weeks when you're listening to this, so I can't wait to fill you guys in on all of that and what I've been getting up to. I feel like it's going to be such an exciting part and a little bit of a different segment that you guys can really really see the raw reality of how I'm going over there, which be so fun to fill you guys in on. So, as I said before, some of you guys may already known me, and some of you guys may be brand new listeners, so welcome to everyone. I thought I would reintroduce myself or introduce myself as Sam, so a little bit of a quick fire. I'm Sam, I'm from Melbourne, I'm twenty three years old. I'm a tourist, so I'm a bull, a bit of a stubborn queen, which we love. And I am an influencer with the quotation marks around it.
Speaker 1: I hate that word influencer.
Speaker 2: I would like to say I'm a content creator. I do TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, podcasting to hear a lot of my voice on a lot of platforms, which is just so good for you guys, and I can't believe all of you stick around, which is a blessing. But yeah, I absolutely love my job. It's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. I originally was studying paramedicine nursing when I got out of school, and that quickly changed because of COVID my mental health issues.
Speaker 1: I struggled with.
Speaker 2: An eating disorder for quite a few years, and it really just changed my life. It was kind of more of a butterfly effect, like that TikTok trend that's going around, and it just my whole career did a full three sixty And now I'm sitting on a couch speaking to a microphone when I could have been out saving lives. So I don't know if that's a good thing, or about things some good saying it's not, but I am so blessed with my life. I feel like on this podcast, I really want to talk about the transition of how I got into influencing, And I know it sounds really weird to say, but I transformed such a negative time in my life and such a negative and horrible illness into a vessel that positively changed my life. And ever since that, my life has got significantly better. And I want to be a safe space and to be a space for girls that could potentially be going through the same thing as me, to find hope in community and know that you're not alone and empower one another. So yeah, as I said, the podcast title kind of stems from a book that really changed my life, which was called Atomic Habits. If you haven't read it, I would definitely recommend it. I've really gone on a journey of self love and self discovery over the last few years, and again because I struggled with such a life consuming mental illness, I had to change that at one point and I had to go on that journey. It hasn't been easy because I also started social media then, and I have over three hundred and fifty thousand people on TikTok watching my every move, and I have over one hundred and seventy thousand people on Instagram watching my every move, watching how I look every day, And it definitely hasn't helped, But it also has been amazing to build a community and to have people know me and to follow along that. So it has had its benefits and it's also had its doubts.
Speaker 1: But I've also had to.
Speaker 2: Learn so much about myself in that time that I don't listen to the negative things, and I listen to all the positive things, and the negative doesn't even exist in a world where you know who you are as an individual. And I feel like that's such an important message to get out to young girls because it can be so consuming. So along side obviously self improvement getting better, I am a certified yapper.
Speaker 1: I literally yup.
Speaker 2: For a living, having a podcast for the last two years, and I want to say, just can't shut up, Like I'm one of the I'm one of those people who, like I just love talking.
Speaker 1: I could talk to a brick wall if I needed to.
Speaker 2: I've never had an awkward Oh, I have had awkward conversations in my life, but like I no conversation with me is ever off limits. Like I'll meet you and start talking about like trauma that happened to me when I was five.
Speaker 1: Like I meet girls on a night out that.
Speaker 2: Follow me and I'm like in the bathroom and I'm telling them all my deepest, darkest, dirtiest secrets. Like I speak to everyone, I can tell anyone anything. But yeah, I also just want to talk about and like share my experiences, like I'm going to the UK obviously, I'm there right now, and I want to do like real, real time like deep briefs on a Sunday morning, like alex elstyle in bed with my friends, of like what we did the night before.
Speaker 1: Like that is the shit that I live for.
Speaker 2: Like debriefs a Sunday morning debrief after a night out is my favorite thing. My houseman and I do it all the time with based onime all our friends.
Speaker 1: It's like what did you do then before?
Speaker 2: And I want to be finding out this information with you guys on the podcast. Obviously if something really stupid happens, like I'm not going to put that on the internet. Well maybe, but a few other fun facts like if I had to go around a party and speak about myself or like a school orientation, I would say that I grew up at a boarding school, which I feel like I would have loved to have my dad on this episode to speak about like him as like a boarding house director think wild child gender reverse, like I was leaving with one hundred and thirty boys. Yeah, it was character development for sure. I feel like that's probably why I have like thick skin, because like I was bullied by boys from a young age and I have two older brothers, and that's kind of like my family dynamic. I won't ever really speak about my family trauma because I have a lot of it, but that's not my business to speak about.
Speaker 1: I would love to have.
Speaker 2: My family member on one day maybe to speak about it, because I think it's a really important thing and it's really shaped me and my family's identity a lot. Friendship dynamic, I have the bestest friends in the whole wide world. But it's also something I think is really glamorized online, which is another thing I really want to unpack because it is a really really big thing to feel alone in your early twenties. And I'm with you, girl, like I feel alone all the time. Sometimes I feel like I've got no one in my life. Sometimes i feel like I have too many people in my life and I'm way too overwhelmed and stressed and all of that. So I feel like being alone and feeling lonely in your twenties and not having a big friendship group is such a normal thing.
Speaker 1: So I'm there with you.
Speaker 2: But I'm very blessed for the girls that I have in my life, and I wouldn't change it for the world. My cat Vinnie is like my best friend. Men in my life are nonexistent. I feel like everyone is always so interested in it, and so am I as a consumer of social media content dating, I think it was a thing that we spoke about on just for girls, But I also think it's a reason why men are scared of me. Maybe maybe I'm using that as an excuse. But dating is not existing in my life, so I can't really report back on anything right now, and that's an open ended little segment.
Speaker 1: I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to speak about it because I want to keep it private in my life, but again, like, I can't shut up about it, and it's so funny to share because sometimes there's such rogue experiences in it that I want to talk to you guys about it, and I want to tell you about it. So I'm so undecided about if I want to open.
Speaker 1: That aspect of my life.
Speaker 2: I might tell you guys, if you like, promise not to tell anyone like, and it stays in between like you and I and if I see comments about.
Speaker 1: It, joply.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, to report on the dating right now, I'm so so single, but I love being single.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to.
Speaker 2: Normalize being single out here, Like I'm living my best life single.
Speaker 1: I couldn't imagine a man in there.
Speaker 2: And like we need to like unpack that because everyone in Australia, I feel like it is a really big things, like you're successful when you've got a boyfriend and like you've like completed in life when you've got a boyfriend. But Helenah, like we're not having that in the group chart. Like no, we're like single girls and we're gonna thrive as single girls and independent women and we're gonna knock the men out of the park. So stay tuned for some dating updates maybe. But again, I'm also not really a data so that could be a dead horse. You never know, Blakie, I'm gonna ask you a question in the podcast. Okay, I'm springing this on Blake by the way, guys, and give me some time to learn how to do this by myself. But if you were a consumer and you didn't know me, Yeah, what would you want to know about me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is good.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could ask the people in the room, do you guys want to know anything about me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh good, Okay, it's really simple.
Speaker 4: One but what even are your hobbies? Like, I feel like you document yourself on the move, but probably don't go into enough enough death from that what you're actually doing.
Speaker 3: So here me go.
Speaker 2: I grew up as a really active kid, so all my hobbies stem around something active. I grew up playing hockey, and recently I've really wanted to get.
Speaker 1: Back into it.
Speaker 2: Okay a hockey girl like I used to be a dedicated, certified hockey girl. I've really felt like getting into that recently. But now I love the gym. I feel like you can say the gym is your hobby. Yeah, I love the gym. I go to the gym outlets. It's my outlet. It's my time that I put my app on, maxes on, I don't have to speak to anyone, and it's just like my time. And Emma Chamberlain says it's a hobby. So it is a hobby. I love to go to cute cafes and try cute coffees and matches with a pastry with my friends. That is a certified hobby on a Saturday morning, and no.
Speaker 1: One can tell me otherwise.
Speaker 2: That's a hot that is such a hoterl hobby.
Speaker 5: It's a lifestyle.
Speaker 2: It's a live style, so that's my hobby.
Speaker 4: Another thing SAM is when I'm like out and about or if people ask me questions, it's always what is SAM? Like I say, I get a lot of comments about like people's perceptions of you. It's very glamorous, you're living a certain type of life. But I met you well before that, and you're actually not.
Speaker 5: Like that at all.
Speaker 4: So let's go through a few misconceptions about you that you find.
Speaker 2: So I think when it comes to misconceptions, I think there's two things online. The first one is that like I'm standoffish, and I just want to shut that down always because first of all, some people say like, oh was because she didn't speak to me. I'm actually a bit of an introvert until I'm warmed up. So it takes a little bit of time to get me warmed up and comfortable. Because I am filming in my room, I'm comfortable I'm gonna be like outgoing and crazy and everything like that, which I am eventually, but it takes me a little while to get there. So when you first meet me, I do kind of come off a little bit more reserved because that is has come from being on social media after so many years, my trust has been broken. So I'm a little bit more standoffish before I get to know you and I warm up to you.
Speaker 1: But once I warm up to you, I don't shut up.
Speaker 2: And another misconception that I feel like a lot of influencers get, not just me, is that I'm a bit snobby and like I have really expensive tastes and I only like really fine things, which is so.
Speaker 1: Far from the truth it actually makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: My parents always kind of raise me on the saying of like having nice fine things as a privilege and not everyone gets that privilege, Like I couldn't think, like, don't get me wrong, I'm so blessed with getting such fine dining experiences to get dressed up and glam like I do love that, but that's not innately me. When I get those experiences, I fucking love it, don't get me wrong. But like I also love just like going to the pub dinner like that is my first choice. Like I don't need like a bunch of designer items and everything like that.
Speaker 1: It's just not innately who I am.
Speaker 4: And on lifestyle Sam, I find it so funny when people assume that you live this really glamorous lifestyle because I'm going to say it on the record, if there is a bargain or a dupe, Sam Guggenheimer knows about it.
Speaker 3: She is on the case on.
Speaker 1: The caves, fucking outing me.
Speaker 5: Brother, You've helped me so much style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love to find a bargain.
Speaker 2: And I think something really important is is like I am so blessed at being twenty three and being in a financial position. I mean, I'm so well aware of the fucking cost of living and everything like that. And then something I'm so grateful that I've done is live with girls that are my age that aren't in a social media scene. Because they're the first ones to make it you realize how lucky you have it. And yeah, Lily is actually the one who finds me all the bargains, and then I share them around like hell yeah, I'll wait till everything goes on sale, like I'm such a stinge.
Speaker 5: Let's just blame Lily, Lily, Yeah, take your name out.
Speaker 1: Lily doesn't.
Speaker 2: She doesn't let me buy anything, and she'll be like Vogue sales coming up, Like wait.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like we're capturing the Sam. I know, really well, so for the listeners, take us through Sam's perfect day, Like ideally, you have no obligations.
Speaker 5: What are you doing waking up?
Speaker 2: I'm going for a nice walk to my favorite coffee shop, getting a nice little cappuccino almond milk, sitting there with my friend yapping. Then I walk home. I'll make my overnight we bicks with yogurt. I won't want to. I don't want to go out for breakfast. I want to eat it home and then put a nice little cue outfit. Actually scratch the nice outfit. Put on my bathies, go to the beach if it's warm, then get some hot chips. Sit on the beach, eat some hot chips. Go home, put a little flowy dress on, have a Tommy's Margarita in bed by nine thirty. Oh wait, in the time of that, I'm also going to the gym. Actually, that's not my ideal day. That's my adeal day. Tommy's Margarita at nighttime.
Speaker 4: And no gym after Tommy please fuck no, thank God like it.
Speaker 2: And if I was really it was a really really good day, I would go out. But that means my day after that it's not a good day. So facts and to wrap it up. We're gonna do a little quick fire wrap it Q and A.
Speaker 4: Would you rather this or that, this or that dinner at Gilson's or home cooked dinner by your mom?
Speaker 1: Chops out from Gilson's.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, Mom, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: It's not personal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chops Sali, Gilson's is my guilty brother with chips on the side.
Speaker 4: Weekend away with the girls or festival weekend away with the girls.
Speaker 5: You're out of your festival ere now.
Speaker 2: Nah, I just am like I can only do it like once or twice a year. This is great, and it has to take me six months to mentally prepare myself, Like no one could just like sparingly go like, let's go to a festival this weekend.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a type kind of.
Speaker 5: Person nickname that no one knows about.
Speaker 2: My family calls me Cookola what, which is a Greek name for baby doll. Yeah. We used to have Greek neighbors when I grew up, and they called me Cookla.
Speaker 4: Post facial feiling or post workout feeling.
Speaker 2: Post workout feeling, I can't relax. I hate massages and I hate facials for the reason of like sitting there for so long.
Speaker 1: Fucking makes me anxious. I have ADHD.
Speaker 4: I can't this one might sting you international travel or established home lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Fuck you, Blake.
Speaker 2: Should we head over to the UK and see how I'm doing over there? Hi, guys, I just quickly wanted to pop in and say hello, thank you guys so much for listening so far on my first solo of this new podcast. I currently am in London. That first half of the episode was pre recorded back in Fashion Week Sydney.
Speaker 3: Actually, and now I've made it all the way over to London Town.
Speaker 2: I've been here for about two weeks now, and I just thought I would check in with you guys, give you guys the little debrief and everything.
Speaker 3: How I'm going.
Speaker 2: It's been a whirlwind. It's been so much fun. It weirdly feels like home. I've had the best time, but it also hasn't been easy. I'm sick at the moment because London is a different breed when it comes to going out. Like the sun doesn't set here till maybe nine forty five, and it rises at four am, and everyone starts so much later here, so by the time you have started and like you're in the middle of the night, which for us in like Melbourne is like ten thirty eleven.
Speaker 1: Like that is like at the peak of night. That's only the start here.
Speaker 2: Peak of your night here is like three am and next second the sun is rising and you're like, I hate myself, Like I fully hate myself.
Speaker 3: So that's what we've been experiencing.
Speaker 2: And here I've gone. I've had two big nights here. Apart from that, I've done lots of exploring, lots of walking, really just getting my bearings of everything around.
Speaker 3: I'm here with my good friend. Well, she's actually watching me doing this. I'm here with Malita. Can't say hi Hi.
Speaker 2: So guys, Actually a little bit of backstory about how Malita and I met.
Speaker 3: She was a podcast listener.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just a nicky fan.
Speaker 3: She was a nicky fan. And now we're here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we came over together because Malita, if she's modeling over here, it's been a slow start for you too, but we're manifesting good things. How have you found the last two weeks living with me? How is that you don't have to be nice?
Speaker 6: Well, I would try to repute shreds, but we're the same human and we share the same brain, so if I repute shreads, I'm ripping myself to shreds too. So I've actually think living together has been really easy. It's been an easy transition because we are so similar and like everything we do is kind of the same. But I've actually had an easy transition because I lived here for a few months last year, so everything for me is super familiar and like, especially this area is so familiar. So it's not been too bad. Obviously, work it's been a little bit slow. We've had a few hicc hops, but we're getting there. Yeah, we're getting there. You've taken a little bit of a minute to get your bearings.
Speaker 3: But you're good.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've done pretty well.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 6: This place is huge, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I know, like I know our area in and out, and I know how to run the tube now, so I know how to get myself places. But I haven't gone far in my voyages, but I know my area, which I'm like safe and like I feel good in we're in.
Speaker 1: A really safe area.
Speaker 2: Like there's some parts of London like everyone always says, like really be careful of your phones and everything like that, Like we're in a safe area.
Speaker 3: I feel yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean it's funny because you say that better than like two streets over, it might be like weirdly dodgy, but like, no, in general, we feel safe walking around. Like the first place I lived when I first moved over last year, I was like, I'm ubering home as soon as the sun starts setting, because I was like, I can't be walking the streets alone at night in any sort of capacity, whereas here, not that I would encourage it, but I feel fine too if we had to go down.
Speaker 2: The road, but like in the middle of the night, like when we go out and stuff like that, we are getting uber homes. I just think it's safer, Like you do see some very interesting people here, and especially men. I have found like they're not afraid to say hello to you, and they're not afraid to walk up to you. That's something that I've really really noticed. But then again, like I've got no one, Like we haven't gone on a night out, like and well, you're in a girl, yeah, and Melitea's in a relationship, so I'm like, and I'm always about the girl. So it's like it's not like that's not on our minds. So there's no like man updates for you. Besides the fact that like we are literally dating each other, I need to like get on, like I need to go on like a date to tell you guys, or like something fun.
Speaker 6: Hinge.
Speaker 3: I can't get on hinge.
Speaker 2: They've suspended me, but I need to like do something fun to like report back to your girls. Do we have any tea that we can tell them. We did go to a party, guys, and we got our phones taken off us.
Speaker 6: I got my digit cam stolen taken.
Speaker 2: I mean she got it back, but she whipped it out in the middle of them when they were singing this guy Happy Birthday, and we were like brother and.
Speaker 6: I'm just drunk and confident, and I was like, I'm best is with everyone here now? And then I was like, girl, who are you put your camera down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the party was so interesting, so so interesting.
Speaker 6: We went as a case study because we just needed to like investigate.
Speaker 2: We were people watching, for sure, and it was very good people watching.
Speaker 3: Nothing like nothing big happened in the night.
Speaker 2: Like we were just like observers, Like we were like flies on the wall, like could have like you you would leave and no one would recognize that you left, Like we danced in our little bubble, just like us with the girls, like we were purely there for a case study purposes.
Speaker 6: But no one no one expected to see the Aussies break it down on the dance floor like we did.
Speaker 2: We were the only ones dancing because like again it's like we're we're in the middle of the UK. No one knows who we are, like what they're gonna be. Like these girls were like ripping the dance floor and like they were doing horrible dance moves, but like no one cared because they don't know who we are.
Speaker 3: It's not like I'm gonna go see them at work next week, Like I'm not.
Speaker 6: Weirdly see that random girl Oh my god. Yeah, the that served you and she was like you were at that point and you were like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was at Sundays in Brooklyn, which is like a really good cafe here, and the server was like, oh my god, you were at that party and I was like yeah, and I was like I don't want you to like tell me what dance moves I was doing.
Speaker 6: But I think a lot of people were from like just this area of London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're in like the western London, like I know a lot of it.
Speaker 6: Aussie is huge, so that's like it doesn't give you a lot, but it's West's best. Apparently West is best and West is like we're all like I didn't come to London to spend time with Australians outside, would just stay in Australia. I think a lot of people moved to that Clapham and stuff like that. That that's very big, battersy like all of that.
Speaker 1: That's East London.
Speaker 6: I think it's more Southwest like it's US, but like across the other side of the river. Yes, so down below Chelsea and below Fulham and stuff. But that's just a bit of a trek out for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I do want to go to like Pear Tree on a Sunday. It's like on the river, like really nice weather day. Maybe we do that on Sunday and there's like live music. There's like a live band. When the weather's out, everyone is out. Like you feel so shit about yourself if you're sitting in your apartment, like you have to.
Speaker 3: Like go out.
Speaker 2: Like we were absurdly hungover on Saturday and we were like we just need to get out of the house. We sat in the Hyde Park and we just like, well, she read her book and I sat on my phone, and the shopping here is so good. I feel like we haven't even like touched the surfaces of shopping.
Speaker 6: Every single time we leave the house, one of us comes home with at least a few items, Like today, me and her split for like three hours, I swear, and she's like, I've got a hole for you. I was like, you've been out for like two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I had to return to skirt from Zara because I didn't try it on install. Well, I was like, I got a refund, so you might as well spend it again, like I've already spent it.
Speaker 3: But it's just like I'm here, like I might not ever see.
Speaker 2: That skirt again, so it may as well buy it. But I'm literally I'm going to have to ship stuff back. But we're definitely We're here till September, and then I come home for like three weeks and I go to Paris. So I've got so much time in this side of the world.
Speaker 1: Which is so good.
Speaker 2: Like you don't really realize how far away Australia it.
Speaker 6: Is until you get here, until you get here, because like I swear Australia actually feels like a made up thing. When we're here, I'm like, Australia, who's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's only like a three to four hour time period when we wake up in the morning that we can speak to people back in Australia. Everyone's really friendly here and everyone does really want to make friends, Like we've had a good few nights with some new girls. But yeah, just getting our bearings and taking day by day. Like at the end of the day, I have only been here for two weeks, so I'm just it has felt like a lifetime, but it's also only been two weeks.
Speaker 6: But also I feel like we're leaving tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, I feel like I'm running out of time and I need to keep doing stuff.
Speaker 1: But it's like it's okay.
Speaker 2: Like when I'm like not doing something crazy, I'm like back at home, I would not be doing something crazy today, Like it's a Sunday, Like you don't have to do stuff.
Speaker 3: If you want to take a chill, you can take a chill. But I feel like I'm struggling to do that in my head. But yeah, the weather in London is getting really good. When we first got here, we're like, oh my god, what are we doing.
Speaker 6: Well, it's like literally twenty seven or week, we're gonna try and book in and go to there's like a girls only area at Hampstead Heath and there's like a pond you can swim and I know if i'd swim, and it's a big it's not giving the nice beaches where you used to But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like speaking to someone who lives in London, I'm like, when it's a nice day, like when it's twenty seven in Australia, we're like, oh my god, we'll go to the beach. But now it's like, okay, it's a lovely day. I feel like I'm wasting the day if I don't see the bathers. But like, where the fuck do you sit in your Bathi's like people sit in the park in their bathers.
Speaker 3: I don't want to sit in the park. I want to go to the fucking beach.
Speaker 6: It's a eat you like a body of water. But then like the pond, like what the fuck's the pond that's where.
Speaker 3: The ducks were. Feel like we feel like we need to just embrace it.
Speaker 1: I will jump in the pond if you jump in the.
Speaker 6: Pond, I'll okay, fine mutually, Okay, Well, we'll.
Speaker 1: Update you guys if you jump in the pond.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I thought i'd pop on, say hello and give a little update.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: For the support. We love you.
Speaker 2: So very much, and hopefully you guys support us individually along this own journey and support us together as well. But yeah, I thought i'd do a little check in to end off this episode, so you guys can hear me pretty much lifetime everything that's going on. And yeah, I'll see you guys see in another episode.
Speaker 1: Bye.