Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your head At?
Speaker 2: Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes. I'm Na and I'm Matt.
Speaker 2: Let's jump in. Hey guys, so we are away on our summer break. We hope you guys are having a beautiful time.
Speaker 1: But our hotline is filling up, isn't it Matt.
Speaker 3: It is you guys. Keep sending your voicemails in. We love to hear him. Everyone loves to hear him as well, so keep sending him in. We're going to get to a couple. Now.
Speaker 2: Let's empty our voicemail. Hello, you've reached Anna and Matt.
Speaker 3: We can't get to the phone right now.
Speaker 1: But please leave us a message on our hotline after the beap.
Speaker 3: All right, Our first hotline voicemail comes from Hey, Matt and Anna love the pod.
Speaker 4: My worst date story is when I turned up once on a first date and the first thing the guys said when I sat down was literally, hey, so I really.
Speaker 5: Need to know which political.
Speaker 3: Party do you follow? And yeah, the whole date.
Speaker 2: Turned out to be pretty much an interview, and I was like, get me the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: I would run, would I don't. I don't care for politics as much as I probably should, so for me, i'd just be like.
Speaker 1: Who do I That's like, imagine.
Speaker 3: If it goes well, you might have seen me from some from some of the signs around town. I'm the local PM. I'd love you to be my first lady.
Speaker 2: The local PM, p MP, MP, the local MP.
Speaker 3: Imagine that that's.
Speaker 1: An IG's a that's a big red flag.
Speaker 2: And you know what the worst thing about going in a first date is when people just like us shot firing questions at you and you're like, you start to stress. Like I've been on a first date like that before, and I was genuinely stressed out from a guy interviewing me.
Speaker 3: Did you pass the interview? Obviously not you're not with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, But I remember thinking like, fuck, this is like I'm starting to really feel uncomfortable, and like I kept trying to switch the conversation around and like ask him questions, but it was like quick fire. I couldn't get a word in edgeways.
Speaker 3: I'm normally the one talking on my dapes. They don't get the word if I'm not.
Speaker 1: Asking questions, do you quick fire people.
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about myself. I fuck you would, all right? So the next voice mail on our hotline is anonymous.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, first time cooler, longtime listener. I'm not going to disclose what my name is, but I'll get straight to the point. I'm twenty nine years old and I was out two weeks ago at a nightclub and I met this eighteen year old girl ended up taking her home. This the second time it's happened with an eighteen year old cheek. She just wanted to know what your thoughts are on the situation of me being twenty five.
Speaker 1: That's an eleven year difference.
Speaker 3: As long as it was consentual ies like she was ready to come back, that's there's nothing wrong. It's a fair but ump play on were you eighteen sleeping with men that older or interested in men that older?
Speaker 2: I was definitely always interested in older guys, but I don't know, eleven years seems like a lot. I mean, what's the oldest guy I've gone on a date with he was like forty three and I was twenty seven or eight.
Speaker 3: Quick mass that's around eleven. That's more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a bit of an age gap. But the thing that worries me when you're twenty nine and you're taking home at eighteen year old, it's like, you know, people lie about their age, you know, go out at sixteen seventeen, you've got your fake high D Like obviously you're going to say you're eighteen because you're at a club.
Speaker 1: You've met at a club. That's what worries me, And I don't know, it just feels a bit icky to me.
Speaker 3: It does. And I remember, like, what are you chatting about?
Speaker 1: Like in the uber home when you're twenty nine eighteen?
Speaker 3: I remember I'm twenty. This was back when I was like twenty five. I was out and it was a night when like school kids were I was like a random part like night, Monday night or something. I was out and they were talking. These girls are talking to me and they asked me what school I went to, And I was like, fuck, I do not remember school in what school I went to? So what do you reckon. She's there talking about her graduation a couple of months ago, and this anonymous guy's like, well, you know, I didn't go to school for the last what ten eleven years.
Speaker 2: I think it's a no for me. I'm just gonna say it straight up. What do you think would you hook up with an eighteen year old?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It depends, like if you would have to know they're eighteen, like you said, imagine like.
Speaker 2: They're under But if they're definitely eighteen, would you go home with an eighteen year old?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't like them to look young, if that you know what I mean, Like they'd have to look.
Speaker 1: Older, they'd have to immature mature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, there's something icky about it. I think I think when you're getting over like that ten year age gap.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like I just like.
Speaker 2: An older guy with an eight Like if they were twenty, I'd be like, go for it, like it is what it is.
Speaker 1: But eighteen, it's.
Speaker 2: Just it's two on the cuss, Like they probably still in classes during the week at school.
Speaker 3: You're probably whatever he does for job measured. If he's like some sort of trady and he's like rocking up to do some maintenance on. Oh fuck, that's not it's too much much.
Speaker 2: I remember once so when I was eighteen, I was seeing a guy who was twenty seven, which is like a pretty big age gap. And I remember he I was with him and all of his friends, and they were talking about like tax and bills, and it was literally going straight over my head, and I remember thinking I.
Speaker 3: Was still dying.
Speaker 2: I was literally like nodding, like I knew what was going on, but had absolutely no idea. And I just remember thinking, maybe this is too big of an age gap because I was so young. So yeah, I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the next one comes from Jess.
Speaker 1: Is this Jess who's called before him at Nana?
Speaker 4: Is Jess again her time caller. That's okay, you're not getting sick of me.
Speaker 1: It's just so fun.
Speaker 4: So I a question. I'm after some advice this time, if that's okay for the hotline. It's actually for a friend of mine. She was too nervous to send something and so I'm doing.
Speaker 2: It for her.
Speaker 4: So she's in a relationship at the moment, like a long term relationship, and her partner like they've been together for like three years, and her partner is really fixated, like obsessed with the idea of like who she stated before and if like he knows them, or if they'll like run into people at you know, the pub or whatever. And so she's just really struggling with this and trying to take different angles, like talk to me about it, and he's just kind of not budging, and it's making things really uncomfortable for her. So I was wondering if you guys have any tips or advice on like how she can tackle it or if she should even bother And yeah, thanks lett me guys.
Speaker 1: Love you, Jess, thanks for calling him for the third time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I think you should talk to this because I feel like this is something that plagues your mind as a male.
Speaker 3: It's okay, So how would I word it? Obviously, everyone has a past. Everyone has a past.
Speaker 1: They weren't a virgin, they met you as.
Speaker 3: Much as as much as I spoke, should love that. I just think that like, obviously you can bring it up like I've It's been brought up in my previous relationships. It's brought up a lot. I think it's about making it so obviously the guys a little bit not. I wouldn't say insecure, you'd say secure, would you say possessive? Both possessive? I think it a bit possessive a little bit. No one wants to think about their partner. You don't want to think about Michael cooking up with other people. Oh yeah, No one wants to think about that. And if someone does, that's probably maybe their fetish they like that. But what makes it worse would be actually, like I don't know for me, it depends, Like it's some people I can I could tolerate them being in the room like an ex. I would wouldn't flinch. I know it didn't.
Speaker 1: Work, but specific people.
Speaker 3: Not even specific people, but people that like you were like they were like sleeping with or had like a one night stand with. I think a bit more because this is going to sound I know how I am with those sort of girls, which is what like, you're not very like you know, you're not being like, you're not taking them out, you're not treating one hundred percent you know what I mean? Like you are, but you're not disrespecting them, but they're not you know, you don't want to think about your girlfriend going home with like a one night stand, you know what I mean, and then just going home like I don't know. To me, it makes me feel like, oh, like you know, like that's.
Speaker 2: Not But it's not about you though, right, It's about everyone has a pass.
Speaker 1: You've hooked up with people I know exactly. Yeah, like there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 3: I think I don't want it to be slapped in my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: But there's some people I can tolerate, Like I could tolerate being in the room with a lot of people. It's just how they make you feel when you're there.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess what it comes down to is how often that she's seeing these people who she's hooked up with, and I guess that must be making her partner feel uncomfortable. But if it's every once in a while, there's really nothing you can do about it, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he's shitty, is if he was going to work and she was going to work and they're there there.
Speaker 2: Look, I think the best thing to do, and my best piece of advice is just to reassure your partner one hundred percent, tell them that they are the love of your life. They are the person you've chosen to be with you don't want to be with anyone else.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have a past. You can't change it. There's nothing.
Speaker 2: If there was anything you could do to make them feel more comfortable about that, you would, but there's nothing. So I think the reassurance thing and just making them feel like they are the only person for you.
Speaker 3: How much should she reassure until she goes okay, it's enough, do you know me? Because there's a certain amount that like she shouldn't do it forever.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean if you're seeing that person and regularly, then maybe a bit of regular reassurance is what they need. I mean, it's not it's no skin off someone's back. Giving their partner a bit of reassurance.
Speaker 3: I completely agree on hundred agree with that. So like, yeah, it just means like if you're continuing to do it, it would be like you know, and you're like, I've really reassured this guy.
Speaker 1: Now, like you probably be like when you get to a point where you're like.
Speaker 3: Fuck, Like this guy's got some real insecurities about it.
Speaker 1: When does it become too much? I guess is the question.
Speaker 3: And it depends how he's reacting to it as well.
Speaker 1: There's so many unanswered questions. Maybe we can get just on, just.
Speaker 3: Get the friend on, that would be even better. Look, yeah, I I like I said, if you're with him every day, it would be a bit like but then you'd have to think though it didn't work for a reason exactly. And I'm assuming that that girl's not flirting with him every day. I don't think it.
Speaker 1: Would be every day.
Speaker 2: I think what she said was like, it's on the weekends when they go out, they might see that person, maybe find somewhere different to go out, Like, I mean, I don't know about anyone else, but I avoid my ex's like the play. Like if I know for a fact that someone is going to be in a specific place, I will literally avoid it. Like there's really no reason to be going to the same places as your ex unless you are living in a really small country town and it's the only place that there is one place other than that, Like, you shouldn't be seeing people you've hooked up with every weekend.
Speaker 1: I personally don't think.
Speaker 3: I come down to I don't really know this expression ship where I amn't really hooked up with people that I in my friendship group. Yeah, absolutely, I don't. I wouldn't do that, or people that would like be in my friendship group or daily life daily life, yeah, or through partners, my mate's girlfriend's friends or anything like that. People where I know I don't, I don't. I sort of just I find my own way, So don't worry about that. I find I don't need those reliants on that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Good luck to Jess's friend.
Speaker 2: We hope that you guys are able to resolve it, I mean, keep reassuring him and hopefully you guys can overcome it and avoid avoid those places.
Speaker 3: Avoid those places to making feel good. Alright, guys, that's all we've got time for. We've emptied a bit of our voicemail. As always, there's heaps to get to. Should we do it again, Anna, I.
Speaker 1: Think we should.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot in there, so there's still lots more to get through. As always, keep sending your voicemails to where's your head at podat gmail dot.
Speaker 3: Com or our instagram where's your head at pod Send a voice no and we'll get onto it.
Speaker 2: And until next time, guys, Bye bye