Speaker 1: We go get morning every day Adelaide, Joe.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about a very good I was going to say former friend, but he's still a very very close friend, and that is Tom Dooday, of course, has gone from the Crows to Brisbane.
Speaker 1: We'd speak to him every couple of weeks last year. Yeah, and now we've got this little soft spot for the lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And in the full interest of transparency, I've been friends with his partner M for a very long time. They are beautiful, beautiful people. And he gopped it yesterday copped a little bit of backlash because he did an interview or TV interview and at the end of it they said to him, do you miss anything about South Australia in terms of some of our more I guess unique food offerings.
Speaker 5: And this is what he had to say.
Speaker 6: When I was in South Australia, I didn't ever really subscribe to those things, the pipe floats, they just made no sense to me, even food chocks, things I had I didn't quite enjoy, which South Aralias probably won't like to hear me saying.
Speaker 1: That, Oh jeez, what's your deal? Do they That's the sort of response as he was getting online.
Speaker 4: But it sort of got turned into a whole you know, do Day slam South Australia. And all the time that you and I have known him, never once has he ever come across as ungrateful for his time here in South Australia. And two never once has he said a bad word about his time at the Crows all this stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw the headline.
Speaker 2: It says, do Day declare South Australia shouldn't be part of the constitution, which I thought was a It was a little bit over the top.
Speaker 4: It was, I guess, in terms of the food selection, a little bit of an unpopular opinion.
Speaker 5: But you're an out of town here. Out of town.
Speaker 4: You came here from Sydney and you didn't quite understand some of the nuances.
Speaker 1: So I arrived when I was twenty one years old.
Speaker 5: Ye, and I've got to say, take yourself.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah twenty one, when I was twenty two. I was twenty one, and I completely understand what.
Speaker 1: He's talking about. Yeah, So look, I enjoy the odd fruit chalk. I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I was absolutely devote my wife to it like some other South Australians. Yeah, frog cakes for example, insanely sweet, but also a pie floater who actually eats these things.
Speaker 5: I've been here for twenty years. I've never had a pieflow.
Speaker 1: I've never seen a pie floater.
Speaker 2: I know there used to be some sort of cart that used to be around, I've never seen one, and I've never known somebody to regularly eat pie flowers.
Speaker 1: Yet we cruise around. We're like, yeah, pirefloaw, that's our thing. We love it. A spot on it. Tom doo Day is spot on.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But the other thing is like he's been left alone in Brisbane. He can all down the street and no one's going to know who he is. This is a two team tower. You cop a lot of scrutiny, and when you do step out of line and have the audacity to question our food stuffs, then you cop some backlash, which was pretty damn unfair yesterday. Yeah, absolutely it was, but unpopular opinions. Let's do this thirteen twenty four to ten. Please do you have one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can I kick us off? All right? Game of Thrones sucked? Game of Thrones good, Oh.
Speaker 7: My god, we're going to get canceled.
Speaker 8: With you one episode.
Speaker 2: I've seen three episodes and I was like I just saw the first episode.
Speaker 1: My okay, I'll pushed through a second episode. How long do I have to persevere with this thing?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Three episodes and I'm like, this just stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't. I probably watched I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 4: Nearly the first season and just was like, what what the hell's everyone on about?
Speaker 1: And I've said this before, there was one part that I saw where there's a bit of incest going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I remember saying that to a mate, like there was there was genuine incests Shenannigan's. And my mate was like, yeah, how good was it?
Speaker 1: No, that's not a selling point at all.
Speaker 4: I've got an unpopular opinion, your mates are weird exactly, okay, producers unpopular opinion.
Speaker 7: I've got a couple. My first one massages suck. I don't touch me, you know, I'm certainly not paying for it. And then probably my most unpopular opinion, which I've always coptured it for over my whole life, is I can't stand mash potato or even a baked potato is too soft.
Speaker 5: The moment it turns, the texture turns fluffy or off.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. And for something this sounds psychotic because it is the combination of potato and butter.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I know it makes everything better?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know it's upsetting.
Speaker 4: My twelve year old made mashed potato last night with a bit of nutlegs and salt and it was so.
Speaker 7: I want to love it. What's not to love about potato and butter? But heaps and the smell, the smell.
Speaker 4: Hey, abs in the newsroom, can you narrow down your unpopular opinions from five hundred to one?
Speaker 8: I definitely can, which is surprising for me.
Speaker 10: My unpopular opinion is they say that money can't buy happiness.
Speaker 8: But I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: If I'm in a mansion of a house with a big closet and lots of sausage dogs, how could you not be happy?
Speaker 1: Safety?
Speaker 5: I've got to first one. Golf is selfish.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is.
Speaker 4: Selfish pastime especially Okay, for example, all right, let's use you as an example.
Speaker 5: You've got three kids under five.
Speaker 4: You get one day off a week if you choose to go and play golf on that day, which takes you out of the family system from eleven o'clock till about six o'clock, including beers.
Speaker 5: You can't tell me that's not selfish stressful.
Speaker 1: It is here at.
Speaker 5: Working with all us emotional women.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to for the sake of this, I'd like to disagree with you, but I can't. No, I can't, And I'm not going after your beautiful partner, Greg, because I know he likes to do He loves around regularly play golf. But I'll tell you what if I said that to my wife, can't. Yeah, it's going to pop out for six hours and play but a golf in the lads, it wouldn't be well received. And I'd be shocked if it wasn't well received.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I did.
Speaker 4: If you put that on its head, you imagine me as a mother with three kids going sueya, soya.
Speaker 5: I'll be back whenever. I feel like Greg's in a lot of trouble at the moment.
Speaker 10: I always hey, guys, coming up in the news, the no, the host declares war on pithe floaters.
Speaker 4: One more quick one, and I'll just say, really softly and quietly, I'm kind of glad Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh what the great Taylor Swift she's gone. You just said she's got no talent? Hey, quickly, can we just wrap this up with Jade from Elizabeth Norths.
Speaker 1: Good morning to you, Jane, good morning, how are you going?
Speaker 4: Firstly, you're on the standby list for first class and fifty K you can win a trip to Paris, London or New York thanks to regularly to.
Speaker 5: Joel, well done, beautiful, thank you.
Speaker 4: Watch I might cancel that after you say what you have to say? What's your unpopular?
Speaker 8: I just heard the.
Speaker 11: Display is put on before. But Dar's coffee is better than Farmer's Union.
Speaker 1: Oh that's another thing. It's a delicious drop. Don't get me.
Speaker 5: Wrong, Dare ice coffee is better than Farmers Wrong.
Speaker 2: Farmer's Union. Ice coffee is a South Australian institution.
Speaker 12: Un offended.
Speaker 10: So the you we're the only state that sells more like doesn't sell coke?
Speaker 8: Isn't the top selling drink? Yeah here it's Farmer's Union.
Speaker 4: Like that fact if he's another oun popular opinion. I like the feel good ice coffee that won the sugar fresh. Sorry, it's better for you idiots, start looking at yourselves.
Speaker 2: Are Wrong's where.
Speaker 13: You're waking up to Adelaide breaking news, snooze news.
Speaker 4: GI give me an absolute information overload. This is where we break down the three top stories for you this morning.
Speaker 5: Let's go to abbey in the newsroom.
Speaker 12: Go for it.
Speaker 5: Oh geez, how did you come with depend there?
Speaker 1: Pencils?
Speaker 10: Sorry, just writing nears my hand today?
Speaker 5: Is that a pen or a crayon?
Speaker 8: It's a prayer and it's around the it's around the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Today and she's eating it.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's get into it.
Speaker 10: So today is the day that Virgin Australia has announced they are intending to be the country's first airline to.
Speaker 8: Allow pets on board domestic flights. Whoa wow.
Speaker 10: Everyone has given me crap and my family crap for having sausage dogs our entire lives. Joke's on you now because toy is going to be coming on holidays. So essentially how it's going to work is you will have to have a Virgin approved bag that they sit in, so they're not allowed to roam the aircraft.
Speaker 8: They're not allowed to sit in your lap.
Speaker 10: Dogs will have to be in a pet approved carrier, a Virgin approved carrier, and will need to be underneath the seat in front of you, so it can only be small cats and small dogs. At this point, you're not going to be able to take your great day onto a plane. Right, so did perfect examples? It be great, it'd be great. You can take your pet to the Gold Coast when you go.
Speaker 4: Next Well, it be like the carry on bag situation where they weigh it before you get on a Are they going to weigh your little pet and measure it just to make sure it's not oversized.
Speaker 10: There's no, there's no talk about that yet. They are saying it's another probably twelve months away from rolling out, so they've got to get all the approvals and they've got to get it past the stakeholders and all the rest of it.
Speaker 5: How happy would your sausage dogs be?
Speaker 4: And how happy would sid be? Under the seat in front of you in a carrier?
Speaker 10: Tory would bark at every single thing that went past, including the drinks and drinks trolley, which I get a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, flights, I'm going to add, yeah, I do that too.
Speaker 8: Tank. I feel like they wouldn't let tank on.
Speaker 4: Tank.
Speaker 10: Tank would be too big. I would say, tank's a tank. Yeahank the loans yeah, tank, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's that's something. Look forward to it as well. To site next to Abbey and her dog, Hello, little dog, what's your name? This will be a pleasant flight.
Speaker 10: You know what, when I was in America, I flew from New York to LA and I got onto a flight and this woman had a dog, and I.
Speaker 8: Was like, oh my god, Hallarene. She'd shoved it at me when there you go.
Speaker 10: And she slept the entire seven hours while I played with this dog. It was the greatest day of my life.
Speaker 5: I would be so angry. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I don't know pets and babies on planes. Good luck, enjoy that two hours twenty to Sydney, Yeah, good luck and newsy well, goodness me maths imploded last night. So basically to get you up to speed, Andrew, because I know you're not really across it.
Speaker 1: Dar, assume such correct information.
Speaker 4: So there's a girl called Sarah and she caught up with her ex boyfriend while she was on the show, but she lied to her partner about what she was doing. Anyway, Eden, who's our girl from Adelaide, basically in front of the whole group, said I know what you did. You text me and asked to borrow a top because you wanted to catch up with your ex boyfriend. Either you tell him, either you tell Tim, or we will Ooh nice, Eden, it.
Speaker 5: Was very spicy.
Speaker 4: It was one of those situations where you find out someone's cheating, you like, all right, either.
Speaker 5: You tell or we will Yes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Sarah took it really well, and as she as the dinner punny unfolded, she said, oh, she admitted that she'd slept with him a month before the show had started.
Speaker 5: And they're like, didn't you just say that he had a girlfriend.
Speaker 4: She's like, no, they broke up and all her lies just began to unravel. And you know when you caught a lie and just the heat creeps up on your neck. I can actually see her neck getting redder and you're.
Speaker 1: Actually dribbling pooh out of your man.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, that's what's happening, right, So she reacted really well to it. Have listened.
Speaker 2: I have never ever cheated on a partner, and I can get test to that.
Speaker 8: Have you ever cheated on a partner? Guys? Can I just say?
Speaker 2: You guys are questioning my morals and my character, But how many of you this cable.
Speaker 12: Have cheated on a partner?
Speaker 2: It's an interesting defense. Well, who else has cheated on a partner? Okay, we're all a bunch of dirty bears.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: But then she's leaving Hazy and they had like one of those hidden cameras on her and she's like, I want to go now, I want to now, I want to go, And I thought that's me on every night.
Speaker 5: Ever, just on the edge.
Speaker 8: She just needed to say like yeah, yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, I totally messed up because she was the same one though a couple of weeks ago, who got up in Tim's grill and was.
Speaker 5: Like men and wouldn't let him speak what she do She went.
Speaker 1: Nice, very good y, just very very quickly.
Speaker 2: Updates on Riley Thilthorpe's surgery first to more miniscus. He's going to miss at least three months.
Speaker 5: It's a massive blow. Yeah, it makes me sad.
Speaker 2: It makes every Crow support sad because he was on fire and he was set to do some very very special things this year and probably still might do those things, but he won't sort of get going into his best form till maybe like round sixteen he comes back.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you could if glass are full it's back in time for finals.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, that's very very true, and.
Speaker 5: That's presuming the Crows will participate in the final.
Speaker 2: Well producer Emily is probably the nuffiest of nuffy Crow supporters, and she's shaking her head and now her her head is in her hands.
Speaker 1: So not agreed.
Speaker 5: You don't think they're going to play finals, Jody.
Speaker 4: I'm a long suffering Crows fan, right, I start out really hopeful and then season hasn't even started yet and I'm already crushed.
Speaker 8: Okay, for goodness sakes positive.
Speaker 4: That demonstrates, and Mabbie I was positive in twenty seventeen that aint killed me demonstrates are a massive lack of faith in your side coming into twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four sounds like someone's ready to jump ships. You're ready, We've got the do when what? An alarming statistic is starting to come through, and that is more and more men getting there, you know what? Either bitten or caught in things? What's going on? Oh, let's just concern you as well.
Speaker 5: I'm not awake at night if that answers your question.
Speaker 1: Really, No, it's not keeping you up?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, right, okay, no is it keeping you up little bit?
Speaker 2: Because now I'm in fear. It's constant fear, all right? And what do I need to do to keep myself safe? And lock it away somehow.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what's happening to me?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 2: This Las Vegas hotel guest was stung on the test and he's by a scorpion while sleeping. He said it felt like a sharp glass pane.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: His name is Michael Farchi. He lives in California. He encountered the unwanted visitor in his bed while staying at the Venetian couple of months back.
Speaker 1: This was a portal of the news.
Speaker 2: He was quoted as saying, I just felt like somebody was stabbing me in the private area. It felt like a sharp knife just going straight through.
Speaker 1: There owl a scorpion. That's shocking, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It got me thinking about a story that was doing the rounds a while back as well. And this is a classic Ousie story. Yes, a twenty one year old Australian tradesman has been bitten by a venomous spider that is a red back on his You know what, for a second time, here's the kicker. There was five months in between bites.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: What I want to have thought that once you get bitten on the old fellow by a red back, it could happen again five months later.
Speaker 4: I wonder what sports better offering in terms of odds on that happening.
Speaker 5: Okay o, good return, mind you.
Speaker 4: If you're prepared to get bitten on the pecker twice by red back, you deserve that money.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What what's going on as well, is there's some kind of communication with the red Backs. Hey, let's target this guy's you know what? Yeah, because hey, let's go for it.
Speaker 1: Let's feast. Yeah, twice in the space of five months. Come on.
Speaker 4: I wonder if there's something about that area that is attractive to insects and animals, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like depends on the individual, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess in terms of Mosquitos, apparently fit people give off like an aura really yeah, so that makes them more attractive as in their electromagnetic field to Mosquitos. So I wonder if there's something about that region that is giving off something it's like, hey, you come.
Speaker 1: There, you go. Some people, yes, some people know.
Speaker 2: They're great questions and if you know the answer, man, please get in touch with the day. We're all about learning thirteen twenty four ten. While you are calling up, I may what bid it? Or what did it get stuck in Sometimes it happens.
Speaker 1: That was strangely arousing. Hello name one one, it's quag May Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's in the window. This time happens all the time.
Speaker 5: What happens to cougar gets it caught?
Speaker 2: Strange Little characters can send us a text as well for double n nine and nine one nine.
Speaker 1: It was only the other day for me. For example, quick story for you, Joe.
Speaker 2: It's where I was just about to jump in the shower and something was happening over the other side of the house. I could run from one side to the other. Yeah, completely naked. So bang VARs is getting knocked over all sorts of things, and then wouldn't you believe it, on the way back, hooked on a floorboard. Oh wish, I wish I could tell.
Speaker 12: I wish that that story is true.
Speaker 2: Yes, two musical warriors going head to head with such a fierce hatred of one another. And that's what makes this little contest very very interesting. Also, we have really good intentions. We just want to start you Friday right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's so true.
Speaker 4: Start your Friday off eight o'clock with a banger. And this is how it works.
Speaker 5: We're going to present our case for our two songs this week.
Speaker 4: You just need to jump on the Johnny and Hazy Instagram page and cast your vote, please for which one you want to hear you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Tight to by the way, four three in favor of Audie.
Speaker 5: Okay, I like that. Okay.
Speaker 4: So this week's theme, if you will, Andrew Hayes, is.
Speaker 5: Is it female emal?
Speaker 1: That's why you know what?
Speaker 2: Because of that, because you are a female, you don't deserve to be purely based on that. Tomorrow is International Women's Day, So it's all about your ultimate anthems from the lady girl anthems.
Speaker 10: Okay, there we go, but it's remixed with bats this week.
Speaker 1: Ah, very good. So that works as a not really thank you for your selection Joe's Okay.
Speaker 4: So I really went down this rabbit hole yesterday of girl anthems. So I punched it into Spotify and I was driving around quite a bit yesterday and just listening to all these different songs. I laughed, I cried, I thought about my girlfriends, and I thought about my sisters and my family and all sorts of things, and there were a lot of emotions involved, and I couldn't drill down and choose one song. But then I always landed where I want to land, and that's on Mariah Carey.
Speaker 1: Here we go, and.
Speaker 13: Then wait, you got to keep it going for a minute.
Speaker 5: This is the important message coming up here you go, turn a spit up. Here we go. That's the whole point of being a woman. The hero is inside yourself all along. You don't need no man to bring it out in you. It's lying right here.
Speaker 2: Andrew ha sister, it's a nice, big, strong song. It's a shame it's from someone who is like, Mariah's.
Speaker 1: Just a she's an.
Speaker 5: Are we still doing unpopular opinions?
Speaker 1: She's like, she's like the ultimate divia.
Speaker 8: Excuse me very much.
Speaker 4: Choose us very much as a whole entire gender.
Speaker 5: But how very dare you?
Speaker 4: The thing I like about Mariah Carey is she went on the TV networks selling jewelry even though she was off her chops, right, And if a woman's got enough gumption to go on a TV show knowing she's completely cooked, then she deserves to win Battle of the Banks.
Speaker 2: It's so fair. That's a very very solid case, all right. So Mariah Carey is going to go up against my girl. When Stefani good song, and there's an important message in this song as well. What is it taught us how to effortlessly spell bananas? Of course, isn't it the an a nas.
Speaker 4: Haven't you just nailed the brief for international works time?
Speaker 2: Small messages from my brainy. You've gone on this whole big empowerment trip. But for those who find it spelling banana's tricky.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When Stefani hollow back Girl, that's got you back?
Speaker 5: Okay, here's a question for you without notice? What's a hol of back girl?
Speaker 2: It's a very I wish I had time to go into it. I wish I had the time to go into it, all right. When Stefanie hollowback Girl versus Hero by Mariah Carey, get voting at JODYN Hazy on Instagram. Tomorrow morning, Winter will be revealed at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: Right, there is not a knob?
Speaker 4: Yeah you think abby fizz independent, strong, smart woman.
Speaker 5: However, something having to you, but no one still coming.
Speaker 10: I've got a boyfriend and I'm sorry it's not one day joke off. Okay, So I was for the I'd never go through my bank account, to be honest, but I was on this particular day and I was just sort of having a look at transactions. Anyway, comes up with a transaction taken out by something called pdf Master. No, I'm not talking about anything kinky. Pdf Master is where you can go on you can upload a document and it will turn it into a PDF. Now before I use this, ages ago because I needed to do something for a doctor. I needed to change a document into a PDF, and I couldn't work out how to do it on like Photoshop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still trying to work out how that would be.
Speaker 5: Kinky a pdf master. It's like a PDF document with a leshia and muzzle on the ground. Just go spank me.
Speaker 8: It sounds yeah, it sounds a little bit odd.
Speaker 10: Anyway, So you sign up to this thing and it's ninety nine cents for a one off like transaction. Get cool done anyway, So look at my bank account and I've had seventy five dollars taken out Wow from this pdf.
Speaker 1: Master A lot off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so a lot of pdfing.
Speaker 10: So I click on the link and it takes me to Google and it comes up with like scam, scam, scam, and there's thousands of people talking about how they've tried to get their money back from this thing, and they've ended up having to cut their card up, change bank accounts, like you know, essentially leave Australia because they can't get their money back off of this particular site.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 8: So I was like, NATS stuff this.
Speaker 10: So I get on there, go to their technical support thing and I'm like, you've taken money out without my knowledge, blah blah blah, give it back to me, or I'll go and I'll take this further.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go the onbusmen, I'm going to go to the media.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Literally, within like two seconds, I have an email back, Hello Abbi you we're very sorry to see this. Blah blah blah. You'll refunded and we've also canceled your subscription. And I was like, I never signed up to this. I did a one off payment.
Speaker 8: Anyway.
Speaker 10: A few weeks later, I'm sort of going through my bank account again and I've realized, so I paid ninety nine cents when I first signed up, but I've realized that they have put three lots of seventy five dollars back into my account. O.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 10: So I'm thirteen twenty four to ten number one. I want to know have you been scammed? But also like me, did you scam the scammers?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've done a reverse scam. I've gone and said this is ball. You've taken this money out my account, so they've given me three instead of two, three instead of one refunds.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, very good. But good guys won.
Speaker 8: Good guy's bloody one for once.
Speaker 1: Ye scammers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that document is just you're like, who's your daddy?
Speaker 1: We've spoken about it before as well.
Speaker 2: You're a scammers dream Joe's absolute scammers. If I was into scamming, I'd go after Jody because I mean it comes from a good place, barefully nature, so you would trust anyone at any time in any situation.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My husband often just says to me, oh my god.
Speaker 4: If someone sends you a text saying can I please have your bank account details, perhaps show me and not give them over straightaway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rememberhen you paid three thousand dollars in Bali for that rolex on the side thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 1: Have you been scammed?
Speaker 2: And this is a safe space because I think we've all been scammed at some stage, so don't feel shame. No, open up, because I can't believe how often it happens.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't believe how accurate some of the logos and things are when they send you through things and they're like, well that has to be bank Essay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big time turns out yeah.
Speaker 10: Some of the some of the websites, it's like ww dot bank essay dot com. But then it's like ID Yahoo something like it's yeah, there's always a twist, but yeah, very very legitimate.
Speaker 4: There was a Peter Alexander one the other day that I thought was like, oh my god, eight dollars for silk for jamers from Peter Alexander.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: And it was a little.
Speaker 2: Change that you needed all of my details, address and phone number, but I thought, hey, such as the systems and all of my children's names.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Danny. What happened with your scamnder?
Speaker 11: Oh hi, guys, I'm one of these people that gets a bit stuched into all the ads in on Facebook. And I needed a new robotic pool cleaner. Sure, and of course because I was Sarty, and they all came up and I was like, oh, that's a good brand, that's a yeah, that looks good. But sixty bucks. That's pretty cheap. Pretty sure that's a scam, but I'm going to do it just in case the chance.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to test them.
Speaker 1: It's worth a risk. Am all right, it's worth the risk.
Speaker 11: Well four months later, I'm still waiting for it to come in the post.
Speaker 5: So no, no, I was like, God, that's terrible.
Speaker 2: And then and then you call it the company, They're like, what are you talking about. We're not a pool cleaning company. Were something completely different.
Speaker 4: Now, can you remember that time I ordered that botox cream from China?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought there were so many red flags, Like it was literally there's about sixteen red flags and you're like, no, no, no, no, good deal, and really trust these guys in this space.
Speaker 4: Cheap in the botox and it came in like a little package and it was bright blue.
Speaker 5: It's like fluorescent blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to get someone in here to try it because I'm not prepared to do it myself.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Angie for what was your scam?
Speaker 15: So we wanted a new puppy. Oh and yes, you know where this is going. So we found the stars on Facebook and it's beautiful to little puppy. Oh no, we decided we wanted one, and they sent us photos progress photos of this little puppy getting, you know, bigger and bigger. They asked for a five hundred dollars deposits, but pay us through PayPal and pay two.
Speaker 3: Friends so that they can get it immediately.
Speaker 15: Anyway, long story short, we paid the deposit. Collection day came.
Speaker 11: They told us to meet us at a specific bed.
Speaker 15: No bed, There was no.
Speaker 4: Puppy, Angie. When we went through the process of getting our little toy, Vittle said same thing, like, there are so many scams out there when it comes to buying a puppy.
Speaker 15: We were absolutely We love animals and we started in love with this little puppy. Even when Arson bought toys and a basket and everything in a little bed for this puppy, it was horrific.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Angie, there's a special place in hell for people who scam people over puppies.
Speaker 1: Puppies the worst.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Julia. If you lost some money to Julia.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got a text message saying very convincing with the bank's you know logo, saying that someone was trying to scam me through my bank account. So I hit that link. Don't ever hit the link.
Speaker 1: People, So then what happened?
Speaker 3: Well, I spoke to a human being. Yeah, he extremely clever, used all the banking language, and when I followed this up with the bank, the bank used exactly the same language.
Speaker 11: Is what he had you?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Well, it was the day before a fairly significant birthday party, so it was somewhat distracted and I just need this. So he convinced me to transfer my entire bank account into his bank account. And because I had done that, there was nothing I could do.
Speaker 1: But oh my gosh, what are we talking, Julia? How much did you lose?
Speaker 3: Eighteen and a half thousand?
Speaker 5: Seek for you? Julia? So I did.
Speaker 1: I did fight it.
Speaker 3: I went through the musman, went through members of parliament, Beholture bank, and I got five round back from the bank because they hadn't really behaved that well. But just don't hit the link. That's the moral of the story the bank.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good advice, that's allful.
Speaker 2: The problem is people praying on beautiful soul, people like you. Yeah, and yourself as well. We've said this for a long time. You are a scammer's dream. And I'll leave you with a quick little example. I've had this laughlong battle with my toenail where it's a bit of a fungus in there. We're trying to get on top of it. So, Jody, where'd you come back from? It was gold coaster? Jody comes back from gold coasts? Like, guess what? I found? This remedy from a bloke, a random bloke who had a stall on a side street. And it's absolutely going to help you. It's like a little spray bottle. It's called magic rose barm. It's clearly he's clearly printed out the label from his home computer. It's got trying is believing. It says apply to required errors to keep away from your eyes. And then it's got this guarantee, which you believed as well. If it doesn't if it doesn't work, make sure he.
Speaker 1: Give me a call within two months. He said, crazy.
Speaker 2: His name is Ray, and I can tell you right now it absolutely does nothing.
Speaker 1: And I look at the contents.
Speaker 2: It says it's got juniper, black pepper and cast royal and that's it. So your intentions was so beautiful, so pure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sixty bucks down the goods.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Our next guess the way coolers and you and I will ever be History of House is a collaboration between Aria nominated DJ Groof Terminator and three time Grammy winners The Weather Gospel Choir, Shut Up Jony and played the music. It's the world's greatest collection of voices that perform live with stars including Ariesa. Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Bono, Queen and Celine Dion adding some funky seventies disco music.
Speaker 5: And you've got this.
Speaker 4: And that's what you'll hear next Thursday at our Fringe Festa party.
Speaker 5: Please welcome to the studio.
Speaker 4: DJ Groof Terminator aka Simon and from the Soweto Gospel Choir.
Speaker 8: It's Shimmy having us.
Speaker 4: Okay, So how's it been going so far? It's been a pretty cool French season, right.
Speaker 1: It's great. It's great.
Speaker 9: I mean the show was sort of born and conceived in Adelaide, so it's kind of like a homecoming with the show. And every year it just gets bigger and and crazier and huger, and I think this year our crowds are definitely the biggest yet.
Speaker 4: It's amazing and so for people who have never been before, what can they expect.
Speaker 14: An amazing show, great dancing, beautiful singing, powerful choir that comes from South Africa and combined with the great one of the greatest DJs, the Groove Terminator, the show is amazing. Come and you'll see for yourself. And if you're not there, if you haven't bought your ticket, you're missing out.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the Groove Terminator History of House, so I'm gonna take us through it.
Speaker 9: Sure, history of House is really about I mean, everyone generally probably know some house bangers that they know in love, like you're right on times or whatever, And really this story is about the show is really about connecting the dots through from discoing through the eighties and all that sort of stuff. And it's really an excuse just to play the biggest bangers the last thirty years with the world's greatest cost for choir and sort of stitching together some sort of narrative about dance music and stuff. But really it's that the themes are universal. I mean, it's I think it's one of the reasons that I connected with the choir when we met a couple of years ago. It's just about how music is universal and you don't know, that's the that's the international language, you know. And the human voice is just so powerful and it's the best way of communicating. So when you've got the greatest gospel choiet singing like these huge songs through the decades, everyone knows and the messages are really positive as well and uplifting.
Speaker 1: So people just float.
Speaker 9: Off after the show and it's just an incredible experience.
Speaker 4: So Thursday, we've got Fringe for Yestera. You guys are all going to be that. It's not at a party. You're going to be okay party. Yeah, It's going to be absolutely epic, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, guys take us through it. So how how do you guys come together? How does history of house and how does how does a DJ groove terminator hook up with Sweatter Gospel Choir? Do you want to answer that one?
Speaker 9: Shimming We met in twenty nineteen when the choir were touring Australia and I had an opportunity to meet and idea because I knew I wanted to work with the choir and I was doing a show and I still do a show with Ministry of Sound, A big thing with the orchestra that we do and all that sort of stuff, and I kind of wanted to do something that was a bit different to that.
Speaker 1: It was more focused on vocals.
Speaker 9: And I had really the idea that, like I was saying before, that music is a universal language and it's incredibly healing and it could be really positive, uplifting experience. And basically I was walking backstage, I think, after the show going, I have no idea what I'm going to say when I get to the real I'm like, this is It's just it's just the best of everything. It's the greatest of everything. It's like it's the history of houses, the history of dance music. And they were, what is this great talking about? And when okay, let's have a go, and here we are, we're doing the show, and yeah, it's gone really well.
Speaker 4: To mean, when you're on stage performing and doing this show, is it one of the great highs? I can imagine it would feel so good.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, you know, the most beautiful thing about the history of ours is that you get to be yourself. Yeah, And the greatest thing is that he allows us to be the choir, but he also allows us to be ourselves and go there and enjoy with the audience and also enjoy with him, so he becomes a great family with the audience and the choir and the DJ. When you come together, the music sounds beautiful and it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Guys. We're so pumped that you guys are headlining us as well. We're very very lucky to be saying that we're in partnership with you guys. So yeah, that's very very cool.
Speaker 9: It means you have to get on stage, you know.
Speaker 5: You don't have to ask two and a half busy and you're.
Speaker 12: Like, right, let's go.
Speaker 2: If you want some tickets as well, make sure that you jump on a Fringe tics and absolutely google Fringe for Yester, but also the Fantalic Gluttony and Rombo Park is where it's all going to happen. Just one more word as well, someone from you. Just the vibe in the atmosphere that you're feeling right now.
Speaker 1: In terms of the Fringe Festival, it's electric.
Speaker 9: I think coming out of the last couple of years, it was amazing last year and this year, I just think everyone's has risen to another level. Like the performers are just going crazy and the audiences are out in droves and this is a really great electric atmosphere the area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you haven't done so, go on sample one espresso martini in the Garden of Unearthly delife.
Speaker 5: Responsible, responsibly, one and a half. When you're done, see if you.
Speaker 1: Can stop at one. Guys, Thank you so much for coming in. Cheers. Thanks, guys. We're going back in town on this daisy again. Where doesn't love a trip? I love a trip.
Speaker 5: Let's take one, should we?
Speaker 1: Where do you want to go?
Speaker 5: Grab the mushrooms?
Speaker 1: I'm oh, whoa? Are you trying to poison me?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, too far?
Speaker 5: I'm certainly not, but trying this.
Speaker 1: Soon drink it.
Speaker 2: Let's take a little trip that memory lane. Let's go back to nineteen fifty six, on this day, that is the seventh of March. David Kosh was born right here in Adelaide, right here in my arms. Today's sixty eighth birthday, little baby David Koch.
Speaker 5: He was born with glasses.
Speaker 12: He was, he was.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, very cute, little David.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely good. It doesn't look a day over twenty.
Speaker 5: One now, he certainly doesn't stuff.
Speaker 2: Twenty eleven, Charlie Sheen was axed from Two and a half Man because of his dangerously self destructive conduct, winning.
Speaker 1: Charlie.
Speaker 2: His body seen some stuff, it's done some stuff. He's put his rig through the riggers as they say.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think one stage he just took his eyeballs out of his head and went, that's enough.
Speaker 5: You don't need to see anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it managed to somehow put him back in Charlie Harper Right.
Speaker 1: What an outrageous character.
Speaker 2: He was genuine womanizer, but it was celebrated twenty twenty one the TV special Oprah with Meghan and Harry ed in the US WHOA And the best bit was when South.
Speaker 1: Park took the absolute mickey out of.
Speaker 4: It where.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having on the song It's so awesome the bad stray.
Speaker 1: So let me start with you, Sam.
Speaker 8: You've lived a life with the Royal family. You've had everything handed to you, but you say your life has been.
Speaker 1: Hard, and now you've written all about it and your new book where.
Speaker 4: And congrat to relations to Prince Harry for wanting his privacy, but then at the same time simultaneously releasing a memoor seems counterintuitive.
Speaker 1: Seems like a bit of a circle.
Speaker 2: No one s wrong on March seventh in two thousand and three, was all the things she said by your favorite Russian duo
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, the Girls Tatoo Tatoo