Speaker 1: Brook, can you say the word tornado tornado? So with the job that I'm doing, you know, the other job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I spent ten minutes the other day saying the word tornado because I can't say it properly. Tornado, tornado, tornado.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: They're like, why are you saying ado tornado? I have to go in today and I have to say this word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe get in your body, maybe like visual as tornado.
Speaker 1: No, literally, this was me last Friday. Ready, tornado tornado.
Speaker 3: Welcome to First things First, I'm Brook, bletting my pronouns as she and had.
Speaker 1: I made a meal with my pronouns are he and human. Before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record. For me today that's the Gaddigl people of the urination.
Speaker 3: And for me it's a rounder people of a cooler nation. Let's get into it. Last week we spoke about acting, which was so much fun, and today we thought, why do not put it into action have a bit of fun with it.
Speaker 1: I am so excited for this because I haven't done these activities in so long. I feel like I am transported back in time to acting. School. Let's play a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll go down and play.
Speaker 1: I remember one word story? Do you do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, simmer, Okay, well let's start.
Speaker 1: Each of us have to provide one word at a time until we create a story.
Speaker 3: Ok and it can go anywhere, but it has to just be acting on impulse. Right, Yeah, okay, great, you start today. They went through a.
Speaker 1: Car crash.
Speaker 5: On the tunnel.
Speaker 2: And wait, can you say on the tunnel?
Speaker 1: And I said car crash like it's one word fail. I'm obviously a bit out.
Speaker 2: Of I'll start with, baby, don't hit my.
Speaker 5: With that big spoon that you eight will last?
Speaker 4: I scream what you didn't make sense?
Speaker 1: Yes, hit with that spoon that you ate with last night last I scream la last night and then we could have kept going. Okay, one point for me, thank you. Literally, I'll start, Okay, I'll start. Choose your choose your player.
Speaker 4: Choose your character mode, will come back.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start.
Speaker 2: Ready, Yeah, sick, sick, sick, oh, sick, darling.
Speaker 1: Please help.
Speaker 2: You're old, saggy and.
Speaker 1: Droopy.
Speaker 4: Granddaddy.
Speaker 1: That's five words, grand okay, granddaddy's granddaddy. On now you're you failed.
Speaker 2: Off onto his something.
Speaker 1: Off on, off on, Oh this this woman.
Speaker 4: Was like, please make it stop.
Speaker 1: I please help your saggy, droopy old grandpa off the toilet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you could have said that, off on to on to It's funny where you would go and where I would go, like yeah, like it's so funny. You're going somewhere and I'm like, nope, we're devoting.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. That is funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, Rachel's giving us a couple of scenarios to act out, which I think you're pretty fucking funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you read this and give me a character?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Maddie, you're a very mad Karen at a restaurant and you're wanting to speak to the manager.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. Hello, Love, how are you? I'm not very good today? I want to speak to your manager.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we don't have a manager here.
Speaker 1: Oh, well that's obvious you're not doing your job.
Speaker 3: A Sorry, could I ask that you email us?
Speaker 1: I didn't have a phone or a computer. What do you think I am rich?
Speaker 3: No, Well, unfortunately, we can't take your inquiry right now, and we don't have a manager on the floor right now.
Speaker 4: So could you email us with your inquiry?
Speaker 1: Well, would I want to email you? I don't have a phone or I don't have a computer, and I want to speak to your manager? Where is she? She in the back?
Speaker 4: Can I ask you what your issue is? Please?
Speaker 1: My issue was that the French fries were carl the burger fucking frozen. You should have seen the beef patty in there. It was red. I thought the cow was still milling. This is disgusting and I want my payback.
Speaker 3: We're happy to give you a refund, but if you would like to speak to the manager, you're going to have to send an email.
Speaker 1: I don't have an email, you stupid little girl.
Speaker 3: Sorry, if you're going to abuse me, I will have to report you to security and ask you.
Speaker 1: To let abuse you. That's what you did to me with the food, stupid little girl.
Speaker 4: God fuck that was thet The voice got me. The voice?
Speaker 1: Oh too good? Okay, can I give you a scenario?
Speaker 2: Go on, man?
Speaker 1: Okay, so improv. Okay, you are an air hostess and you have six inch nails on each finger and I want to remove from Eon to me to business. But I've only paid for an economy seat. Okay, okay, he love.
Speaker 4: How are you going, Hi, sir? How can I help you?
Speaker 1: God, I've just been too big for my chair. I want to go out in the front.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, that's for our business customers.
Speaker 1: I'm on the plane for business. I'm a business man. God to their business in the country.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, if you've actually only got an economy seat, sir, so you'll have to stay in economy and that's for our business customers.
Speaker 1: Oh well, excuse me, but that's discrimination. I paid fifty million dollars for this seat, and I've got ten dollars in my bag. I'll give it to you and I'll out the front.
Speaker 3: Sorry, so that I don't understand why you're saying it's discrimination. I'm actually just you're only an economy. You've only paid for economy. That's for our business customers. They've paid for the business seat. I'm happy to get you some refreshments if you're feeling uncomfortable, but that's for our business customers only.
Speaker 1: I come to the food with as big claus.
Speaker 3: Sorry, so we don't Yeah, don't don't attack me.
Speaker 1: I'm not attacking you. You look like a bear about to attack me. I want to go to the front.
Speaker 3: Of the plane, Sir, I would like to not be spoken to like that, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'd like to move to the front of the plane, but you're not letting me do that. Someone I don't.
Speaker 3: Have a seat there, So that's for our business customers.
Speaker 1: Lady up the front, she doesn't look like you can afford it. She need to go down and back. I want to go.
Speaker 4: We don't judge from look, sir.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we obviously not when they hired.
Speaker 3: Sorry, so you're being so extremely rude right now, and I'm gonna have to ask if you.
Speaker 1: Don't shut well, how it used to being rude with your sword fingers? Get away from me.
Speaker 6: You're fucked you do that so fucking well you killed me sword fingers, your fucking sword fingers.
Speaker 4: That is a fucking wrap you.
Speaker 1: Do discriminated because when they hired you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking dirty dog you mother puck? Who's that fucking Karen? Who's Karen's come back? And male form? What's the male form of?
Speaker 1: And I pictured him in like a single.
Speaker 2: Smelt like br YEA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're you're good.
Speaker 5: You're good.
Speaker 1: I love im profits literally my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, I'm never good at voices.
Speaker 3: I would have to say, like, I'm learning to shift my voice into Yeah, that was that was good air hostess.
Speaker 1: That was good air hostess. And your nails you were like this, You're like excuse me.
Speaker 3: So you kind of get the effect if you're listening, you know, how about you? Sorry, that's for our business customers only. Yeah, do you have a cut business ticket?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So fuck you got angry at my workplace?
Speaker 4: Voice is off you dirty dogs?
Speaker 1: Is there any other game?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the last one.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: That is funny.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: You have to act out a scene only using questions as the dialogue.
Speaker 4: So the scene is, let's do it.
Speaker 3: You're at a family event and a long lost family member turns up.
Speaker 2: Why are they here?
Speaker 1: Didn't know they were coming? Did you.
Speaker 2: Thought they were in Canarvon?
Speaker 1: Did y'all?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I thought they were driving back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But why they hear it with a horse?
Speaker 4: And why a fucking horse?
Speaker 1: And the horse is really big. It looks like it came from Jamaica.
Speaker 4: Why the horse come from Jamaica?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It just looks like a Jamaican horse.
Speaker 2: What's a Jamaican horse?
Speaker 1: Jamaica? Crazy? Is it you crazy?
Speaker 2: Why are you joking at a time like this?
Speaker 1: Well? Was it your uncle? Her daughter? Mine?
Speaker 2: Wait? I thought it was a family event, not a funeral.
Speaker 1: But if you're black, family events.
Speaker 4: Why is that so true?
Speaker 1: Though I don't know it's existence.
Speaker 4: Why are we black?
Speaker 1: While we're black? That's the question.
Speaker 6: While we're black, it's like Shakespeare, to be or not to be?
Speaker 4: Is the question?
Speaker 1: Now? Wants my skin black? Oh? My god? That was what I love. I love love if.
Speaker 3: We if we ran acting classes for kids, we would have the best fun.
Speaker 1: You know what we do. We're like, okay, we're going to acting classes. This was what I do. I say, okay, I'm going to give you an example. And then they'd get up there and be shipped. I want to do it. You would be no, get down, We'll show you again.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh, actually funny enough. You know that natok video we made. I had to talk about that at a meta event. Oh yeah, And I was like, if you if you're queer, like it's pretty much based off the thing of like move I'm gay video, yes, and the trolls and stuff that I was like, they screenshot and put it up. I was like, yeah, but these people clearly don't know what it's like to have culture or be queer, like.
Speaker 1: Totally all right, that's fun. Back, I want to go back to acting school. Well, if you ever need a scene partner and put my hand up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well I reckon, we'll work together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should write something.
Speaker 3: And well, I'm going to finish this musical theater player, but it's going to be like my yearly project, you know, like I tick away at it, but I'll finished and by the end of this year, like I have to. I love this because I just finished my play writing course and I just did and I feel much more confident about writing about it now.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm so underachieving when you come on here and talk about what you're doing.
Speaker 3: My psychologist said the fucking same thing, and I was like, she's doing all.
Speaker 1: These causes, she's doing, you know, these assessments, she's looking after kids, she's still keep a relationship afloat over here sort of.
Speaker 4: I got no relationship.
Speaker 1: I'm by myself, but like I'm just like, okay, well, even so, the idea of doing a course to me, it's like, now I don't have enough time. I have plenty of time.
Speaker 3: Well, I did stunt training yesterday and then did an overnight.
Speaker 4: Shift, and this woman, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't have time.
Speaker 3: I don't have a weekend though, Like that's the thing. I work my weekends, which is fine, working away, taking away, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: My psychologist said the thing, you know what I said, like, he reckons I'm I told you this. He's you're definitely neurodivergent. Neurodivergent, and he reckons that I'm also on the autistic scale the way that I describe things and the way that I see things.
Speaker 4: He's like, you're whole hardly like on both of those.
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, which is fine, I'm okay with it.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make me any different. Actually it's more special.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: But it makes so much sense. You musk so many yeah you must so many things.
Speaker 2: No, it does a You're like.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's like to be, you know, like to have that assessment done.
Speaker 4: And yeah, well not did.
Speaker 2: I I thought I was pretty sane, but clearly I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, you are saying. I think you're actually more saying than moment probably, But anyway, that's all we have time for. If you love what you're here, leave us a little rating in a little review, and.
Speaker 3: If you want to chat with us or get in touch or let us know what was sorry. If you love what you hear, leave us a rating a new review. If you want us to cover anything on the pod, reach.
Speaker 4: Out by our socials.
Speaker 3: My handles at Brook Dublin and Maddie's is at It's Maddie Mills.
Speaker 1: Head over to the Nova podcast official page for all the nov Podcast action. That's all for
Speaker 3: Us, See you guys, lovey bye, Love you bye.