Speaker 1: Doctor Jeff, it's about bloody time. Where have you? Where have you been? Bro? Where have you been?
Speaker 2: It's been like under a rock And I'm glad to come out and talk to you again and reconnect. I missed you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I missed you too, man, And I've been you know, it's funny. I've been a little bit crook everyone, as you know, not life or death, just not you know, you know how boys are pathetic. So anyway, and doctor Jeff just said to me, if only you knew a doctor that you could call, And I said, we live on the other side of the world, and I don't have your number. So he just gave me his number. So I'm about to start stalking him like a fucking weirdo. So that'll be good for you. You'll rue the day. You'll rue the day where you suggested I call you. But how's how's your health? Are you good? Are you fitting? Healthy?
Speaker 2: You still still hitting the gym, Still hitting it hard every every morning, almost every morning early, hit it hard and uh pro you know, push the protein the rest of the day so I can feed those muscle fibers. And yeah, I feel really good. And knock on wood or wood fiber or whatever's in this desk, and that's why. Yeah, if you have an issue, you got to call your friends, you got to call your circle. So I'm happy, happy to look over your shoulder and you know, see what's going on next time.
Speaker 1: Thanks, buddy, I'll send you all my test results. Tell you how much you know with you, how much of your personal protocol around health and wellness and energy and self maintenance for one or a better term, how much is really kind of structured, rigid process driven, and how much is a little bit loosey goosey, you know, a little bit kind of freestyle.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I like it to be very structured with not and not freaking out if I miss a day or something, because when I get on a regiment, I like to stick to it. You know, I'm disciplined, and then I have this guilt. Oh I've completely failed when you miss a day. So I'm trying to trying to trained myself into saying, you know, I'm gonna sleep an extra hour today and skip it. Yeah, we don't do that often, but every now and then I think your body's talking to you. So I'm trying not to take myself too seriously, you know. So that's sort of my New Year's resolution here for next year. I'm just getting getting a ramp up for it.
Speaker 1: It seems like the line for some people. I am one of those people, The line between kind of structure, accountability, process, discipline, self control and obsession is about two point six inches.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: For me, when I was a kid, I was this fat kid, which I think I've told you about, but I lost all this weight and then I became a fucking maniac where you know, I would weigh my arm and I would you know, I would, I wouldn't you know. And it just got to the point where now I had a whole lot of anxiety around that, and then I just it went from a healthy kind of focus to an unhealthy obsession.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I'm with you there. I love to control things in my life, right because control seems to be the fixed to anxieties, but it really isn't. It just feeds them. So I'm trying to let go more. But I love you know, the results, you know, feeling good, looking good, you know, a little soreness from a workout. Those are the rewards for it. And then you look at other people, your age, and you you want to continue that trajectory that separates those put effort in from those that don't.
Speaker 1: For me, it's a lot of it's been about trying to separate the almost like the cultural and the social and the psychological programming about oh how will craig you're sixty two soon? So with that come certain things that you should be, that you should do, that you shouldn't do, Like the psychology of aging really fascinates me. And of course we're not we're not trying to deny the inevitability of biological and chronological aging. Of course we're not pretending that we're going to be, you know, two hundred years old operating like a thirty or old. We're not. But but just I wonder how much our thinking around aging impacts our actual health.
Speaker 2: So it's a good point, you know, you know you should be here of like you're sixty sixty two now you want to be the oldest guy in the gym, not the youngest guy in the nursing home. So continue to defy the norms so that you can be that outlier when you're eighty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I also think like having for me, having a real awareness around what I do to my body and how I do it and when I do it, without trying to bring any obsessive tendencies in, which is something of an ongoing battle. But but to go, all right, well, how at my age, with my genetics, with my potential, with my resources, with my time, how should I exercise? Like for me, for my body, not for doctor Jeff, but for me. What's going to work ideally for my genetics, my injuries, my fucking all my stuff. What's nutritionally what's optimal for me? Like sleep, recovery, work, you know, balance downtime, uptime, like trying to figure out our own personal operating system in a sea of advertisements for bullshit.
Speaker 2: That's where I love the health monitoring tech, the Apple watches, the whoop bands, the garments, the or rings, whatever, whatever your favorite flavor is there, Ye, what's most popular down there?
Speaker 1: Do you think probably work gets a fair run all the Apple watches? I mean, there's been a little bit of controversy around that, as Americans say, or we say, controversy around that lately, because some of the data has been proven to be wildly inaccurate. So on some of them. And I was talking to this lady the other day who was on the show. Who was it? It'll come to me, oh, doctor, doctor Jody, who's one of our regulars, And she was talking about was it her? It doesn't matter anyway. She was talking about how no, it wasn't it was Lilian anyway. She was talking about how she got up in the morning and she'd had what she thought was a pretty good sleep. My listeners right now going Craig, you got it wrong anyway, You don't need to know, doc, But she got up this bit I'm getting right. She got up in the morning, she had what she thought was a pretty good sleep. She felt good, mentally, emotionally, physically, felt good. And then she just happened to peek at her watch, which told her that she'd had not much ram her quality of sleep with shit, and it said to her something like, you're probably going to have a bit of a grumpy day today, so batten down the hatches like something like that, and that kind of she felt good. Then all of a sudden she read something on her watch that told her, well, you shouldn't be feeling good, and it totally so, I yeah, I just think you've got to You've got to I'm with you. I love I love tracking, I love old school tracking. I love taking my heart rate with you know manually. I love writing down you know, sets and reps and volume and how I feel and what time I went to bed and what time I got up. And like back in the old days when I owned all my gyms, all of my clients had literally spiral bound diaries. So this is before trackers, and I would say, everything that's going to impact how you look, feel, function, write it in here, and that what time you go to bed, what time you get up, how much tea, how much coffee, what drugs, what supplements, medicine? It sets, reps, volume, intensity, and I know it's going to take you fifteen minutes day. It's a bit of a pain in the ass. But that apart from you know that my client could turn up and go, Craig, here's three days of information. That's amazing for me as a coach or a trainer. But secondly, it's an incredible exercise in self awareness and self understanding where you do all these things to your body and then your body tells you, and then you've got all this information you can read and you're producing all these results and you can even without being particularly you know, trained or clinical, you can still kind of figure out what works for you.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, absolutely, I think that's the way to do it, because there are patterns and metrics that we cannot see or feel unless they're shown to us in the data. Yes, and sometimes, oh, that makes so much sense now that I see it, right, that self awareness you were talking about earlier. Sometimes sometimes you need to be shown the mirror, and this is the mirror. So the scale, the body factor, position, the heart rate variability, the resting heart rate, the blood pressure. All these these are basic metrics and a lot of them you can do from a device that you wear without much trouble.
Speaker 1: Is one of the one of the mistakes that people make with this kind of an equals one. I'm going to try to figure out my own protocol, you know, in an intelligent way, with the support of people like you, you know, and while tapping into quality advice. But is that people instead of saying, well, this is what I'm currently doing, let me just change this variable and see what happens. Instead of doing that, they change eight things at once, and then they don't know what the fuck is working and what's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that that's obviously difficult, right. You have to either change one variable or have a very complex method of changing them more then changing them differently than changing them again, using AI to play with that mouth and figure out what's actually the difference maker. That's complex multivariate multi variable analysis you're talking about mouth I never accomplished. So it's doable. It's doable.
Speaker 1: The hardest part of my whole PhD is stats. You know that. It's like, I'm doing psychology. Why do I need to know all this? What's the hardest part for you as a doctor. I don't know if that's the correct term hardest part, but maybe the most challenging component of getting people to comply with you know, what you want them to do. You know that the prescription, whether or not that's literally a medical prescription or a behavioral or lifestyle or nutritional what's the hardest thing or the biggest challenge for you seeing people, you know, not get results because they just simply won't do what they need to do.
Speaker 2: That's that's very common. You know, most of my career is treating neck and back pain, and there are certain exercises and therapies and yogas and whatever that that will make a big difference and keep you out of invasive treatments. But uh, many people just don't have the mindset or the motivation or whatever it takes to do it. You know, they're not they go to physical therapy, it's very passive. They're not. You have to do the active component, you have to activate the muscles, and they're just not doing it. So that's that's frustrating. And there's no amount of talking or education I can give them, because I've tried, you know, to convince them. If you know, you can, you can lead a horse to water. Do you guys have that saying? Do you have horses down there?
Speaker 1: Of course, of course we have three horses.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, So the you know, they they just there are people that just won't do it. And there are a lot of you know, especially a younger generation, very passive, very well, just take care of it for me, you know, they opt for surgeries, and then I see them, you know, as a second opinion, after surgery hasn't helped them. I wouldn't I wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think, you know, because we have a propensity to wait till things are really broken. Sometimes before well that's all right, I'm okay, yeah, I know, I know it's going to be an issue, but it's not an issue now, So we it's that reactive, not proactive, and I think, I think on a really fundamental level too. I apologize to my listeners because this is such a fucking repetitious message on this show, but the bottom line is that sometimes the things that we need to do to create breakthrough and change and improvement are just hard and uncomfortable and boring, and we don't like any of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's true. We'd like to be constantly entertained scrolling on the phones whatever it is, you know, learning learning to be lonely, or to sit with yourself in silence and turn your brain on and off, meditate. Yeah, yeah, self self soothing. That's that's uh, that's not a thing that kids have to adapt around any more like they're used to, you know. Rather being a child, you know, there was times where you're just waiting for something or bored or whatever. Was sitting with your parents somewhere and you're just waiting for the doctors or whatever, and just there was nothing to do. You know, there was no phone to scroll on. Or whatever. You know, you just you learned to, you know, look inward and speak to yourself and soothe yourself. That's a lot of that's lost in today's world, and I think that's an issue.
Speaker 1: Do you see a lot of people who, you know, their overuse of tech. And I've spoken about this myself because my life ironically the dinosaur whose life is quite tech dependent. You know, even all of these shows. By the way, do you know today is episode two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's like a space Odyssey over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two thousand and one to yep, Space Odyssey and you're my co pilot. Thank you. You've got to mention an episode two thousand which is up today, which is in Australia Wednesday. But I like that that balance. Sure.
Speaker 2: One question, if this is a space Odyssey, would you please open the pod bay door?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, sure, Okay, I see.
Speaker 2: What hopefully your listeners will get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see what you did there. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a huddle of a jo it's a hell of a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you and your humor, how do we navigate that? Because we're not going to have a world without tech, and neither do we want it, and you and I need it. We need it right now, we need is there? I know there's no three step, but like a how do you advise people if you do on that balance between using it when you need it not turning your brain into cerebral mush because you're staring at a screen twenty hours a day. And like, I think a lot about because my brain is basically that's my tool, that's my work tool. Like that's I need my brain to be somewhere close to optimal, whatever my optimal is, so that I can do what I'm doing Now. I can focus, I can study, I can present the crowd so I can have good recall, I can all that important kind of brain stuff. And so the thing I almost I get more scared of cognitive decline than physical decline. I'm scared of both, but I'm more scared of my brain declining because my job is dependent on it. What are your thoughts around how do we use tech without turning ourselves into fucking mindless cyborgs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean most of my patients, we're trying to get them to use health tech so I can help them help themselves. I have a few patients, so it's the opposite. But I have a few patients that have this paralysis by analysis. Right, They've got you know, lab tests every month that they've achieved, and it's you know, hundreds of markers, and you know, they've got their their whoop on one hand, the Apple Watch on the other hand, and and they bring it in their sleep app data and so it's too much, you know. So they've got some new I'm going to call it tech superimposed on tech. They've got these aggregators where you the data uploads to this aggregator and it sort of organizes it. It's like an AI I guess and organizes it and tracks it. So you don't have people come to me with all kinds of different reports and stuff. And what I need is a dashboard for them. Yeah, right, So what I think I think that the data is it's okay to have lots of lots of crazy data. What we need is a hey, chill down, calm down, let's organize it in a way we can all use it so we're not all, you know, anxious about all these data points. Because the beauty of AI is you can have missing data points and still have robust analysis analyses.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to talk to you about this thing you probably don't know much about, but you've heard about it. It's called regenerative medicine.
Speaker 2: Tell me more.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I mean it's a thing. People are doing it. You know, it's new, it's fancy. It's not new, it's not fancy. Can you explain to well, it's going to say people and me, what are the what's the core idea at the heart of regenerative medicine, Like, what's the kind of the underlying principle or philosophy of regenerative medicine versus for one of a better term, traditional medicine or Western medicine.
Speaker 2: At its core, our bodies are programmed to heal and repair. They lose the strength of that repair and restorative ability with age and with inflammation, and regenerative medicine seeks to tap back into that youthful healing biology with by either borrowing that sells signal from a more youthful source or somehow amplifying the source internally so it can heal, you can heal something or help reduce inflammation and effect on a like a younger person, even if it's temporary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So explain to me and our listeners because I want to come back to what you were just done. But so biohacking, which is kind of a bro science term, that's becoming Am I right in saying it's becoming more accepted and more mainstream?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: This weird, weird cousin outlier, is it anymore?
Speaker 2: No, not anymore. It was at the beginning. I agree with you, it was this you know cultish, you do what you know. And I can tell you because I participate in a lot of in person events here in the States in the biohacking realm, and it used to be there was one sort of conference here. Now there is a conference, one or two conferences or events monthly at a national level, and many more smaller ones even at a more regional or local level. It is a movement that has certainly taken root and has traction.
Speaker 1: And what in the last I don't know, five to ten years, has kind of beginning to flourish and beginning to open doors and it's stepping out of the weed space into the oh, this is actually a thing. This is where we're saying. You know, lots of people try these want to bed term alternate approaches or therapies or you know, what's what's kind of what's taking off?
Speaker 2: Well, m but gone, no, I got I got you. I think regenerative medicine would be one element. I mean that certainly overlaps with biohacking significantly. Number two, and probably the more recent one is peptides. I mean that they are growing like crazy. It's hard to keep them in stock these various suppliers, and you know, my patients are asking about it. I think I mentioned this when we were on a broadcast previously. I'm at the gym, I'm sitting in the sauna and there are a lot of young, you know, young guys in there. In there, they're all talking about peptides. Yeah. Right, you know, they all seem to know a lot. So it's whether they're on Reddit or wherever they're they're getting this information, it's they seem to know what they're talking about. So what peptides are game changers in many ways, and we stack them with with the regenitives now too. So most of my patients doing joint spine procedures, we're talking about doing a wolverine protocol or something with that.
Speaker 1: The wolverine protocol, that's the best marketing. Ever, get me on that. From a research and a science point of view, it seems that And I'm not disagreeing with you because a bunch of my friends use peptides, and I've used a few peptides. I don't use anything at the moment, but I used CJC twelve ninety five. I think it was IOD nine six four. I think there's one that seems to be like catching fire, but it's illegal in Australia or it's only under certain whatever bp C one five seven is that?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Now? That's the one that that Gary Brecker. I'm sure you know who Gary Breker is.
Speaker 2: I know Gary, Sure, he seems to champion that. I mean, yeah, well that's that's sort of, you know, a very basic peptide. The BPC is body protection compound one five seven and three from muscular, skeletal and gut issues and we have great success with that. It's part of it's part of the wolverine. You know. Yes, so that's a legal way. Why what do you you?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you can't it's in Australia, you you know, it's it's it's a very interesting landscape from a medical and a pharmaceutical point of view, what what people can you know? Like over here, if you are a you know, a sixty or sixty five or fifty year old dude and you're your testosteroneers through the floor and we're not talking about bodybuilding anyone. We're not talking about massive muscles. We're just talking about a normal hormone or the dominant male hormone. And you feel shit and you've got no sex drive, and you've got no energy, and you're a bit sad and you're depressed, and everything else is relatively okay, but your testosterone is through the floor. It's almost impossible to get prescribed in Australia. Yeah, so it's just I feel like it's five ten fifty, probably ten fifteen, twenty years behind the States in terms of but the moment over here, you mentioned something like TRT, you know, testosterone replacement therapy in a clinical application like we're talking about now. Because we're such an ignorant population, we're going, oh, you're going on steroids, and it's like, oh my god. So it's just got it's almost a branding problem or a marketing problem or a you know, people don't really understand like that, And I definitely don't understand anything that you do, but the physiological and the endochronological realities of you know, what can work and what is problematic, you know, and not just compounds but doses, you know, dosages, and yeah, it's it's it's a little bit nine ninety five over here.
Speaker 2: Well, listen for those listeners in your neck of the words. If you want to age at the rate you're aging, don't take testars from replacement. Gentlemen. If you want to age slower, maintain your muscle mass, have the energy and motivation, drive and mindset of a younger man. Take testas from replacement anywhere you can get it. If you have to leave Australia to go get get pellettes put in every four or five months, that might be the way to do it.
Speaker 1: Tell me about that. So they inject a pellette and what is that a time release slow release, but.
Speaker 2: A few of them it's just a little nick usually in the side of the hip, superficial. They just inject some some numbing agent and then slide these things in there and then put a sticker, you know, a tape on it heels up and they dissolve over four or five six months, depending on the on the nature of them, and you get a slow like you said, a slow time release of the hormone. Uh, and that that could be a solution because there's probably somewhere not far from you. Uh you have to cross water to get there, I'm sure, but where you can get this right.
Speaker 1: So it looks like I'm kind of vigas everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come to Vegas. We we have people that do it. But that that is a is a simple way I prefer doing for myself. I do an injection once a week. Yeah, it's myself. It's just easy. A lot of people do that. They now have an oral form. I'm not super versed in it, and it's hard to measure the response in the labs. You have to do it strategically. But that's out there. But and they have a cream you can use. I personally don't absorbent, so I did that for a while. Now I'm doing the injections.
Speaker 1: Mm hm wow. And what is that like one hundred milligrams a week or something in that ballpark.
Speaker 2: I don't have it in front of me, but it is. It might be about about right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wow. It's so it's so funny to watch not only medicine, but health care in general, and nutrition and even you know, exercise and all of these variables that impact how a person operates and functions and ages. To see that the changes in thinking over the year, and that well, in some cases, in some countries, the lack of change. But I see that. I don't know if this is in your wheelhouse, but it was just interesting. You know, Donald Trump came out, amongst all the myriad of things he's signed, he's talking about a link between paracetamol and autism. Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: I haven't looked at the basic science behind it, but I don't think you would see Robert F. Kennedy Junior and mister President Trump, you know, saying what they're saying, Uh if if if there wasn't some evidence showing the potential Lenk link between autism and uh you know, we call it acetam inafin you called a paracetamol uh during pregnancy, so you know, we we it's not natural, right, it's it's not a naturally occurring substance. So anything, we need to reduce these links because the costs of society for this huge number of people here in the States with artism spectral disorders is a big issue.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's Do you think there are that many more people like there's such a there's way more people with autism or you know, expressing or demonstrating different I guess symptoms for one a better terms on the spectrum. Or is it just that we've got more testing, more awareness and it's for one of better terms, easier to get diagnosed or more likely to be diagnosed because we're just everybody's being tested.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean all children are observed during their upbringing, even if they're not tested. Yea. Even even when we were younger, Craig, you know that there were those children that misbehaved or couldn't you know, maintain their attention. There are so very few, at least in my experience. So I think there is actually a shift and increase in the epidemiologic numbers of these patients. So so I don't think it's just an observation or a testing bias. I think it's an actual actual statistical move. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And do you think not not what's the cause, but what do you think is some of the you know, potential correlates or factors that might so, you know, lifestyle and additives and preservatives and all of those, all of those unnatural things that we're shoving into bodies.
Speaker 2: I do. I think I think a lot of it's in the diet. And I think, you know, there's a really really good, compelling evidence looking at some of the vaccines. Too many vaccines now, you know, when we were a kid, just a few, right, and now it's many, so, you know, too much monkeying with our genome with that too much. So you know, we might find there are multiple reasons for that. So it's it's not entirely clear yet. But just like if you had if you had some issues and your docor said, you know, we're going to try an elimination diet on you. We're going to take away most things dairy, gluten, you know, and we're gonna we're gonna see if you feel better. Then we'll slowly add one back at a time to see what causes it. That's kind of what we're doing here. We're just saying, Okay, what are all the things that may be causing it. Let's take some of those back and then we can see if we need to add them back one at a time to the to society to see what the issue is. You know, there's a problem. I mean it's it's evident there's an issue, something's going on.
Speaker 1: And is there a common theme with your patients, like what's the what's at the top of the list in terms of reasons why people knock on your door.
Speaker 2: Well, because my background is in spine and muscular skeletal structural parts. My super niche is you know, cartilage regeneration, joint and spine treatment with regeneritive medicine injections to help people prevent the need for joint replacement surgeries.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, And so uh is it pay pay? Plate rich plight let rich plasm is in that wheel excuse my ignorance, not my spice obviously, but that's in that wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That would be sort of the low end entry level approach. The next level would be the stem cell or stem cell drive exosome cell signaling approach. That's where we are. So I don't dabble in the platelet rich plasma because it's so many you know, you can get that anywhere here in the States, and it you know, it may help. If it helps, you don't need me, great, If it doesn't work, then come see me. We'll take it up.
Speaker 1: Notch and what's what's taking it up? And notch, what's on that?
Speaker 2: Like what's on that stem cell? Stem cells and their exisomes are much more powerful and sell signaling than play the rich plasma. Play the rich plasma, especially if you're my age, you know, pushing sixty or your age, you know, pushing sixty two, That our plasma that you know are unless you have super super clean plasma. It's not it's not that young stuff. You want that young stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where do I get me some of that young stuff? That's what I want. That's what I want. And so broadly speaking, is it seems like integrated medicine in this more kind of a regenerative medicine, I should say, is becoming like a lot more accepted, not not just medically, but culturally and socially. It's not you're not weird anymore. If you're doing that, you're not the outlier so much anymore.
Speaker 2: If I went to uh went back to the old neurosurgery conferences, I would be the outlier. But when I go to the regenerate of medicine, biohacking, health span conferences. I am the mainstream, so it just depends on your circle. The Uh it's except that people are seeking it more and more. It's it's in the airwaves, you know, celebrities doing it. It's in media. Joe Rogan, who you know also has a podcast almost as good as yours, speaks to it. Mel Gibson has done it, you know, he's looking to it a lot others. I guess the Kardashians did something. So that's if it's good enough for the Kardashians, it's good enough for everybody, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Ruggan's constantly pumping it. There's a guy, there's a place that he goes to. He also goes to down to Mexico to get stuffed done.
Speaker 2: There. He promotes a place in Tijuana.
Speaker 1: Wise to well.
Speaker 2: It's called cp I, it's called CPR. But but because he's he's close with Dana White. Dana White, yeah, uh yeah, Gary treated Dana of course and then and this is all public, so we're not breaking any place yet. Uh. Dana Dana's fighters, Uh yes, sometimes on Joe Rogan show, and they have a connection, so they send the fighters down to that place in Tijuana. But have you You've probably never been to Tijuana, but let me just say it's, uh, it's an interesting place. Yeah I have, I haven't been there in many years. It would be not it would be not necessarily the safest place to go. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, there's a lot of you know, it was one of the major uh you know, drug distribution points. You you've got Netflix down there. You've seen these show Narcos and narcos. Yeah, so the Plaza, I mean it's right down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very well. The UFC is massive and Dana White like not so much with my female listeners, some of them, but yeah, the UFC you know, is on a part in Australia in terms of like obviously we don't have the same population, but there's quite a lot of Ozzie UFC fighters and you know, I know a lot of bullheads and meatheads and fighters and trainers and coaches and yeah, they love the UFC and they loved Dana and it's like, although he's a character, but I think he well I don't think. I know, he came out not too long ago and he said I will never go to a medical doctor ever again unless it's some kind of you know, but in terms of just his normal health. Because and again this is just what he said. And by the way, I went to a doctor about a week ago, and the week before that medical doctors, so I'm not canning doctors. But yeah, he said he's never ever felt better, function better, His brain's never worked better, his body has never worked better. On the protocol that he and Gary Brecker and I'm sure a few others kind of developed him. But if looks or anything to go by, he literally looks ten years younger than he did a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, he's he's certainly a poster child for health and wellness, you know, naturally and doing the right stuff. But he did the work. You can't just be told the work. You have to do the work.
Speaker 1: So yeah, one hundred percent. And I think, like I saw him to a walk through his office and he's got all this state of the art, you know, plunge pools and saunas and training equipment and you know, like I mean, it's it's like a bloody Olympic compound.
Speaker 2: They're right up the street here, They're literally fifteen minute drive from where I'm speaking to you now. We drive right by it all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm so conflicted about that sport because I love the I love the athleticism and the skill and the power and you know, everything of course, except the brain damage. It's like, I just I'm like, if only there was if only that sport could exist without TBI, you know, if only we could have that where guys and women are not kicking, elbowing and punching each other in the head. Except for that, it's the ideal sport. But that's kind of I really can't, as you know, as a health professional, I can't get over it. But I will say it's my guilty pleasure watching them punch the fuck out of each other and the octagon do you ever go, I've never been.
Speaker 2: People have invited us because we're here in town, and we're just it's just not it's not on my it's not my appetite. Necessarily. Speaking of TBI, we have some interesting results now. We're treating some football players by football and American Football are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that we put.
Speaker 2: These stem cell derived exosomes in an easle spray and without some really cool results because at the back of the sinuses get right up to the brain, so and they will travel the exosomes will travel across that blood brain barrier pretty nicely.
Speaker 1: It's amazing what they're the doors that they're opening now with cognitive stuff. And I know this is very low level, but I've got two things. One is, you know that creatine. I don't know if you think anything of that, but there's quite a lot of research now saying that high dose creatine correlates with cognitive improvement. And you know, like fifteen twenty grams, not three to five grams, fifteen. I've been doing that for six months. I've been doing probably, yeah, fifteen to twenty grams a day, and definitely you know, whether it's a placebo or not, I don't think it is, because I don't think my expectations were high. But for me, my yeah, my cognitive performance is definitely better than it was a year ago, which is nice. You know, there's a few other things when you sleep better and all that. Of course. The other thing I spoke to a guy, well, firstly, what are your thoughts on creds And I think we've spoken on it.
Speaker 2: We have a big fan. I take it myself daily. I haven't pushed it to twenty grams yet, but I don't have a problem doing that. It doesn't taste great, so you got to spread it out throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Yeah. We have a guy called doctor Bill Sullivan who is from Indiana. I forget the name of the uni, but Indiana State University. He's the head of biomedical science or something. He's a genius. And we're talking the other day about lithium being lithium and the brain and like, wow, I mean I still don't get it. But he took me on a little me and the listeners on a little bit of a ride. How that might be Maybe that might be something super promising moving forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just read something on that. So you know, lithium is a long standing treatment for bipolar disorder. Yes, but it's interesting that we have evolved on this planet where there are certain phyto nutrients, plants, and certain minerals like lithium. Right, it comes from rocks, so yes, so you know, and and our bodies processes do well with these things because we grew up around them, not grew up, but you know, organismally grew up. So I'm very interested in stuff like that. The you know, what's what's the basis of why do we need magnesium and sodium and all these all these you know, you know elements in us. It's because they're they're part of our makeup and we need them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So it feels like, yeah, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. It feels like every ten minutes there's another breakthrough that's going to change humanity. And you know, it's like since since I first started working in gyms and started being a young dodgy bodybuilder in nineteen eighty two, like oh, desiccated liver. Oh, there was all this shit you wouldn't have even heard of. There was a supplement I took called frack. I don't know even what it was. There's another thing called gamma oars and all like, there were all of that. And this was just probably late eighties, when all of the individual kind of amino acids you could get argentine and ornathene and lycene and carntine l carnateine and you could get them all individually and they tasted like shit. It was just this white powder. Oh my god, you know, and everything that you could get legally I would take and I'm pretty sure it did nothing. You know, I was just nineteen twenty, I probably didn't need anything except food.
Speaker 2: Well it probably did help you, you know, build muscle, and yeah, especially the branch the lasians, the branch chains. Yeah, but yeah, we still need those. I think we probably need them more than ever now in our sixties than we did then. You're right, yeah, yeah, yeah. And by the way, that we're back to these organ meats and desiccated livers and things again, and they're very rich and many of the things we need. So we see that that's one of the that's that's making a resurgence.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've got a medical question. I need some I need a consult, So start your clock.
Speaker 2: I can fit you in next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Now hit me in now. Hey, so I started taking hang on, it's in front of me doxy cycling, so for my infection in my face. So I'm day fourteen. Now, oh this is good. I'm glad you're here. So doxy cycling one hundred milligrams a day. Today is day fourteen, and I've got another week if I need it, right, Yeah, okay, So that's part one. Part two is when I went to get the script at the pharmacy or chemist what do you call it in the States. Pharmacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pharmacy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So at the pharmacy got the script and the lady who was great, said, you know, do you take a probiotic? And I said, sure, don't and she said, well, you know, I would think about that, and I went, yeah, that's actually not the worst idea. How does that work? And if I take a probiotic, is the antibiotic going to fuck up the probiotic? And she's like, that's also a good question, she said, so you maybe want to take it at the opposite ends of the day, like eight am and eight pm or something like that. So before I ask you another question, what are your thoughts on.
Speaker 2: Just that before you mentioned probiotic that was already on my mind. On a course of antibiotics, it does kill the bacteria that's causing your infection, but it also was killing the bacteria and you need to you know, digest your food and help you with other things. So so yeah, I agree, you should be on a good probiotic, you know, twice a day on like she said, opposing the doses, and also probably for at least a few weeks. When you stop the antibiotics to repopulate your gut, you can also eat fermented foods. Yeah, and that that's another good way to help get that going again. But a great I do a probiotic as a routine. Yeah, I'm a fan. Two thumbs ups for the probiotics.
Speaker 1: So, like, I honestly feel and I don't know because I'm taking different things now, but I feel so much better. I think I feel twenty percent better since I started the probiotics, which was only like four days ago. Maybe that's a place bow and maybe it's real, don't know, but I feel good anyway, I feel good right the one that I'm taking. I don't even know what this means. It's like triple strength ninety six billion cfu. Yep, do you know what that means? Does that mean anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's a good number. See if you as colony forming units, oh wow, probably means at least if you drop that in a future, dissu'd form ninety little dollops of bacterial growth. Wowty billions?
Speaker 1: So do you Is it your advice to me, and this is not advice to anyone else audience, but to me, that I should maybe do one of these ongoing like I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless unless you're like, you know, when when you're a kid and you're playing outside and you're getting your hands dirty and touching yourself and getting dirt everywhere, and you know, you get soil in your mouth or whatever you're you're probably getting probiotics. If you if you drink raw milk, like raw your eyes, raw milk, you're probably getting probiotics. So so there there are people that probably don't need them, but most of us, you know, we're indoors. We're just not out there getting dirty enough, so we need it. I would do it ongoing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, you're the best, uh, doctor Jeff. Of course, re celebrate dot com. Go there, fly over see him if you're loaded, or even if you're not loaded, fly over and see him because he's loaded. Oh he's not. Re celebrate dot com anywhere else you want to send people, doc.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I don't know. We've talked about this, but you know, I think I explained previously that you know what we do regenerative. We figured out that plants deliver their phyto nutrients in xisomes, which are these you know things, So we now have that product available ships worldwide. It's a it's an anti aging plant exosome in a cap so it's the only thing like it available and you can get that at resell Nutra r E C E L L n U t r a dot com. Resell Nutra. We'll get you a bottle of Longevix. It's longevity exists from curated organic Italian fruits in the Mediterranean Blue Zone. Well look at you or where. Yeah, we're we're all grown up here now.
Speaker 1: It's very multicultural of you as well. Couldn't be proud of hey, we'll saygoba a fair but appreciate you. Love having the chat with you, and thank you so much for all your generosity to our audience.
Speaker 2: Always I love talking with you. Thank you.