Speaker 1: We got get morning every day every Lazy adelaide Jody and Hazy's loose lists for me, it's crucial a two way conversation and listening. Oh oh man, you've just got to be able to absorb this information, would you agree, Jody ODDI I agree.
Speaker 2: I heard everywhere you said in my wholeheartedly. You can learn what your.
Speaker 1: Thought process is sort of supt and see it. Look, it's not all the time. It's just sometimes your brain sort of drifts off.
Speaker 3: I like to be fair, sometimes my brain shuts down because it cannot handle the overload.
Speaker 2: That is Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 1: Ah right back in my face. We do a little listing exercise called loose lips, and what happens is we've put some noise canceling headphones on Joe's and she has to literally read my lips helps her absorb information. Sure, all right, are you ready to play this week? Joe?
Speaker 2: I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: Noise canceling headphones are now turned up. Jody cannot hear a word that I'm saying. Oh my god, ladies and germen, I didn't write these, By the way, I want to make babies with you.
Speaker 4: You would have made babies with me? Really, okay?
Speaker 1: Noise canceling headphones. Yes, yes, I think you've been no, yes, as if you've got it correct, you've got it correct.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's doubled down.
Speaker 1: You did hear before I said to you, I did not rock.
Speaker 2: These who are you dove growl from the food fighters?
Speaker 1: But also the first time that I've said one of these things, and you've got it first.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I could just read your lips like a.
Speaker 1: Bit scary, isn't it wishful thinking? All right? Second statement, noise canceling headphones are up here, we go. It takes two to tango. No idea, It takes two to tango.
Speaker 4: Something about angels with a halo.
Speaker 1: Last time, last time, it takes two to tango?
Speaker 4: Is that your tacco?
Speaker 1: There's no correlation between that and the first time. The correct phrase was it takes two to tango?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Last one, Noise canceling headphones are now up, Joe. You can't hear a thing. Save water, drink beer.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna have to say that again.
Speaker 1: Save water, drink beer.
Speaker 4: Something about take forty.
Speaker 1: With Barry Bissel. No incorrect? Incorrect? Save water drink beer.
Speaker 4: I'm water drink me.
Speaker 1: Last time, last time, one more, one more, Okay, save water drink beer.
Speaker 4: Something something I don't know. Just please do it one more time.
Speaker 1: Save water, drink beer.
Speaker 4: Take water drink me.
Speaker 1: That was pretty close.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: You're kind of somewhat in a creepy way, like related to the first one. It was save water, drink beer. Oh I am water, drink me. No, Joe's you are not Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Did you sit down with a cup of tea and watch the presidential debate yesterday?
Speaker 1: Oh, my very goodness. Trump is just as mad, if not mader we've said before then a cut snake.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Kamala Harris, who's a former prosecutor, just really got under his skin yesterday and was sort of goading him and talking about the size of his rallies, and she said that people leave out of exhaustion and boredom.
Speaker 4: I him that he's like my rallies.
Speaker 3: We have the biggest rallies, the most incredible rallies in the history of politics. Now you don't Donald, how ridiculous. And then I think she just pushed him so hard that he just came out with a series of unhinged theories that made absolutely no sense, Like.
Speaker 1: It's what he's done the whole time, by the way, and everyone's like, did he just say that, Yeah, I guess we're going with it.
Speaker 3: Well, did he just talk about people eating their own dogs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently this is what happens. The migrants are doing in Illinois in Springfield. They're eating the dogs the people that came in.
Speaker 3: They're eating the cats, they're eating they're eating the pets of the people that live there.
Speaker 1: Got some audio from the dogs in Illinois at Springfield as well. They're not getting eaten.
Speaker 2: No, they're certainly on the offensive.
Speaker 1: And what about the vision of Kamala when this is happening, She's just like laughing, like people watching would laugh, like a genuine like are you taking the best?
Speaker 3: Because there is nothing worse than when you're trying to be taken seriously too and you want to have a fight and you're really aggressive, than someone laughing in your face is the best.
Speaker 1: Laughing and shaking their heads.
Speaker 3: And then just after that, Taylor Swift came out and endorsed Karmela. She took to Instagram and she said, I'm voting for Kamala Harris because she fights for the rights and causes I.
Speaker 2: Believe need a warrior to champion them.
Speaker 3: I think she's steady headed, gifted, and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we're led by calm not chaos.
Speaker 4: And I tip my hat to Taylor.
Speaker 1: I just wonder, I just wonder if if you could choose somebody on this planet right now to endorse you who's more important than Taylor Swift, it would be Taylor's Swift, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And she posted a picture of her and her cat and signed off the Childless cat Lady, which is obviously a bit of a crack at Trump's running mate JD. Evans, who labeled a number of prominent Democrats a bunch of childless cat lady.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a beautiful circus this is going to be. Except this time it's not one old bloke who doesn't know where he is and needs to be pointed in the right direction versus an absolute fruitcake. It seems to be one that's pretty normal, reason, pretty sane orange fruit cake there though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Very much, isn't he. I'll watch this space see how pans out.
Speaker 1: Jodees every now and then a headline hits me in the face and I just get so concerned they almost have to light down. Really, what's look, I'm just gonna say this to you, and I don't want you to freak out, but let me explain it all right. A woman has been hospitalized after a gang of vicious otters tore at her skin while she.
Speaker 5: Was on a run.
Speaker 1: And that's right. A bevy of eight hungry beasts charged through a recreation park in Malaysia looking for food. They spotted the middle aged woman, surrounded her while plunging their shark like teeth into her legs, piecing her pink bike of fitness leggings. She was pictured sitting on a curb in tears, with several deep wounds across her shins. Her arms and legs were covered in blood. There's chilling footage of this, and it shows the same ferocious otters running across the parking space where they've seen moments after attacking a woman. The shaking jogger was taken to a nearby hospital while a wildlife team was sent to the park to monitor the otters. They were then spotted making gang signs and flashing various weapons. I made that last bit up, but ninety six percent of that is true.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: I'm here to tell you something. Otters immediate thoughts.
Speaker 2: Well, they're cute and friendly.
Speaker 1: Friendly, I hold hands when they're floating down the streets.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: Guess what. I'm here to debunk the rumor and the thought process that otters are indeed cute.
Speaker 3: Can I just float something here? Is there a chance this is just a bad batch of otters.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think this is the real otters. This is the this is a real representation of otter behavior. Really, how about this little known fact that people didn't know about otters? While mating, male otters grab onto the female and bite her no, sometimes hard enough to draw blood and cause deep wounds. The act sometimes entails the male holding the female's head underwater as to spin and writhe under the surface. A good number of the females drown in the process. Goodness, others die from injuries sustained during their romp. Male otters have also been observed continuing the mating process even after the female is dead. I'm going to press this.
Speaker 2: Did you say otters or oddies?
Speaker 1: I wondered. I wondered if there was a link, because here's the second thing that otters slash addies to. Male oddies have been observed exhibiting hostage behavior when they're hungry, by taking babies away from females and essentially holding them underwater until the female brings him food. Females have also been spotted taking free from other otters. However, they tend to be much more selective about the food they still than their male counterpartius.
Speaker 3: I mean, Greg does that, for goodness sake if he doesn't have oreos. You know, in half a second flat, I'm in the bath, face down.
Speaker 1: Face down. Which one of your children has he used as bait as hostage to get some oreos. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Odds, very cute oddies. Stay clear this weekend. Jode's Sunday morning is the City Bay fund run. I'm competing with a bunch of friends. If I have it on.
Speaker 2: Hazy, twelve case for you, twelve case for aroun.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna really really come maybe last time.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I fear, which is why I'm going to enlist some help for you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, grehat I.
Speaker 3: We are about to chat to a woman who has won this thing three times?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, awesome.
Speaker 2: So she's got the key ingredients.
Speaker 1: Yea, she is? She willing to wait for forty five minutes after she finishes, Yes, before I get there, so she can give you some tips for next year.
Speaker 3: Well, let's find out. Fresh off an amazing campaign in Paris? Is the beautiful jest Stince and good morning, good morning, good morning. Have we okay, firstly, let's talk about this. Have we rec from the marathon in Paris at the Olympics?
Speaker 6: I think I have. I've done a few sessions back at McKinnon Parade now and I'm fired up for this dundee. So my leg yeah, they're feeling recovered from those hills.
Speaker 3: Okay, So just looking at the records here, you do it in about you do twelve k's in around The last attempt was thirty nine minutes, is that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think my PB's around that market.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you know I reckon it's small and that isn't it? Just what's your actual PV?
Speaker 6: I think it's thirty eight forty I think so I did look it up because I'd love to try and beat it. So yeah, before chatting today I had a look. I think it was in twenty two. I think that was my first.
Speaker 3: So thirty eight divided by twelve? What are those splits? Come?
Speaker 2: Terrible? At mass? What sort of how many minutes for a kilometer?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not even sure what my splits were, but as a chet it'd be maybe three.
Speaker 3: Stupid.
Speaker 1: See what's the difference And this is the key difference between your me yes, is it your average.
Speaker 2: She likes to keep a shirt on once you're running.
Speaker 1: And also just as average pace is what most of us when we're involved in football clubs are going for for our one just one one kilometer, that's the time that we want to do.
Speaker 3: So Jesse, if you just say, okay, all right, so I'm making you do a lot of mass on the run here, but just say the marathon at the Olympics, right, what is the equivalent you're splits there to running on a treadmill?
Speaker 2: Because I my top speed on a treadmill twelve.
Speaker 6: I think it ends up being around seventeen. It's a different feel though. If I were to crank the treadmills to that, I feel like I was going to fly off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Heyes, there's probably a lot of our first time runners on Sunday, and you've this event so many times. What's your go to tip for a lot of people, including myself. I've done it once before, but I'm actually quite nervous.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Usually I talk about not going too crazy at the start, like having a pace that you've been practicing at training in training and trying to sort of find the rhythm and stick to that pace. But the start can be pretty chaotic with elbows flying and you know you're trying to weave through the crowd, so often those first few k's might be quite a lot slower because you're just trying to find your feet. And I think once you get to the end that highway, that's when you can focus on tuning into that pace that you've been practicing in training and hope that you're going to have something down Jetti Road at the end to kick down with. So it's about soaking up the atmosphere and remembering that at six k's you're going to have everyone waiting at coralta part cheering for you, and you can always get a bit of a buzz through there and that is just slightly downhill, so remember that as well, trying like just imagine yourself running downhill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jess, I want to talk to you about Paris because we haven't spoken to you post Olympics. What was the experience like you taking your husband and two kids before an Olympic campaign. If you had your time again, would you take the whole family?
Speaker 2: Did it work out? Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm really glad they all came. I think I would have been miserable over there on my own, just you know, face timing. It was so nice to have them there in person. We went over four weeks prior to the game, so we did three weeks of high aurtitude training and that was a really nice, family friendly location. Billy had been there before the Commonwealth Games in twenty twenty two, so he was itching to get back. Ellie obviously had no idea where in the world she was, but she was sooking it up too. And then yeah, in once we moved into Paris, I actually went in to the village. So that was a tough gig for Dylan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He had his wonderful mum helping with the kids as well, while I was living with the other athletes. In the lead up to the race, and yeah that it was an incredible family experience. So whilst it was hectic, the flight over was actually easier than the flight back, which the fly back it didn't matter. I didn't have a race to prepare for.
Speaker 3: So little known fact. But Harper and Billy go to both Kraat and KINDI together have done. They're going to get married eventually. But she sent you a little voicemail because you. She turned to me before the Olympics and she said, Billy's mum's running at the Olympics. So you're not known as.
Speaker 1: It's such a good flex too.
Speaker 3: By the way, isn't it Billy's mum. So you're not known as Jess in our house. You're Billy's mum, just so you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he's yeah, he's ELC. They sent the video of them all chanting, go Billy's mum, and so now I picked him up from ELC. They all say, Hi Billie, mum.
Speaker 2: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, he Jess. We love everything to do. We're so proud of you your efforts in Paris as well, and looking forward to you probably winning and on Sunday, like, how do you what's it like? Running when there's no one in front of you.
Speaker 6: Well, there's going to be tough competition on Sunday, so I've got easy about Doyle South Australian Jen Gregson and my death training partner Caitlin Adams. So i think there'll be a big pack and yeah, squeeze everything out of myself. But I've seen you training as well, Hazy. You're looking fit, so don't underestimate what you can do out there.
Speaker 1: Jess training around the Uni Loop. And I've told the story a few times as well. Jess. That's Caine managed to wiggle his way into your training. Ragame and even you can call ones who we'd sit there. It's such a freak run up. It was always like I'd explained to people like yeah, okay, we'd stay with Jess as long as he could, but then eventually she'd have to say to him, I'll catch it the.
Speaker 3: Finish Can you do me a favor on Sunday? Just if you see Hazy at the finish line, just walk past him and go.
Speaker 2: That was cute.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the jeers. We appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: See Billy's mum.
Speaker 1: How good is that City Bay? This Sunday as well. I'm still time to register a really really good chance just to burn some calories and then reward yourself. That's how I look at it.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, mate, exactly right.
Speaker 3: That's how you justify your little beer at eleven a m on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sunday works, doesn't it. It's a really important day today, ja.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is are you okay?
Speaker 6: Day?
Speaker 3: And it's really important to follow your gutsh on this one. If you think someone is not doing well, then it's important that you just asked the question are you okay?
Speaker 2: But it doesn't always work that way for men, does it.
Speaker 1: It certainly doesn't. And what I have noticed, and trust me, I'm still trying to work it out. In terms of the differences between males and females. Oh, I know, girls so much better communicating, so much better at instantly saying exactly what's going on? You know, most deep thoughts. Blokes are so opposite. And I'm one of them. And ask my wife. It's taken years to uncover get through so many different layers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like an onion.
Speaker 1: So this is the thing with ariokd. It's such an incredibly important initiative. But that's the first layer, and for blokes there's so many different layers. The first question is are you okay? And for most folks, me and myself, even if I wasn't okay, my immediate response world, yeah, I'm good. Yeah, And then you move on you okay, Yeah, I'm good, okay, sir, and nothing's achieved.
Speaker 3: So it's an interesting one because I, like yesterday, went for a walk with a girlfriend, and from the minute we see each other, it's like, bang, let's get to the hard stuff, like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Da da da da.
Speaker 3: You would never catch up for a mate, go for walk and just really drill down on what's going on in your life, would you?
Speaker 1: Don and I caught up with a couple of really good mates on the weekend. We went to a pirate life and we had I don't know, forty fifty beers each other. But you don't really talk about that like you maybe, and I've done it a couple of times, but we're talking about old times, we're talking about football, and that's the way of connecting. But then the most important thing for this is the follow up questions, you know what's going on, open ended questions where you can actually because blokes your chisel away at us enough we will start giving you little bits and pieces and then you will start finding out exactly what's going on inside.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable to me that my husband will go and play golf. So that's six hours on a golf course with his either his mates or his family or whatever, and there might be a marriage issue going on or a really significant life event. And I'll say to him afterwards, we'll watch such and such say about such and such and he's like, I don't know, we didn't talk about it all.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what do you talk about.
Speaker 2: For six hours?
Speaker 3: And they just basically give each other sh one t the whole time.
Speaker 1: And that's our love language. It actually is. It genuinely is the way that Australian blokes show their affection is to give each other crap. It's a weird one, isn't it.
Speaker 3: So can I ask have you ever felt really really down, borderline depressed? Have you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know from what I know now, absolutely I have. But at the time, and I was much younger, I didn't know what it was, and I'd been brought up and in such an environment. We're like, you need to understand how lucky you are to be living here and doing these things, that it wasn't an option, okay, but then you sort of realize later in life that yeah, it can affect absolutely anyone. I've spoken about this a couple of times, but when we were twenty five, and when you're twenty five, I feel like you're starting to work it all out. You're still very much probably in the prime of your youth, but you're still not established. So a really really close friend of ours from school committed suicide and it absolutely like it knocked us as a completely knocked us. And I remember getting the call from a mate driving in King William Road, and I still remember every single second because he said, I need you to pull over right now because I've got something to tell you. And I remember we it was like a school reunion. It was northern Northwest New South Wales, and we're sitting there absolutely rattled. At the same time, it's actually really good to see so many people. We're looking at his parents and we're speaking to his parents and they're all saying the same thing. His wife we didn't know. We didn't know, he never spoke about it, and all of a sudden he got himself in such a state, we felt like that was the only option, and we all sort of spoke and said, this is in a way a situation, not that if there is a positive to take from. We all said, we don't want our parents to go through this, our friends like this. This is the lesson. But let's tell you what, it's a crap lesson to go through, and especially when you know that it's avoidable, if blokes can just talk a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think I think for men and everyone who feels suicidal like that, you get yourself into a state where you're all convinced that the world would be better off with a yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what he is. Because he left a note and it was along the lines of guys, you can stop stressing. Now you don't have to worry about me. I'm doing your favor. And you sit there and go, that is so ridiculous. But then also when you understand just how destructive bad and mental health can be. Unless you've been through it, you don't understand just how powerful your brain is and what it can achieve in a bad sense. Yeah, Yeah, thirteen eleven fourteen. Of course, for anyone who's going through anything, even if it's just a talk. But also today is about asking a question, but not just for today. It doesn't need to be held just for ariokda, Like every day I've got mates who want to talk and it's really really nice and I need to be pushed and product but also I want it. Yeah, so it's a strange that I make. We're also at a time now we're blokes like just chat. It's not you know, the stereotypical. It's not wimpy or like it used to be, that disgusting stereotype. It's twenty twenty four. It's done. We're allowed to talk, and we're allowed to talk about our bloody emotions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you talk about suppressing your feelings. I wouldn't beg to differ normally written all over your face when you're annoyed.
Speaker 1: Come out through these brown lines quite prominent at that.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for sharing that story. It's awful.
Speaker 3: But also if it opens up the conversation with people, then that's a great thing.
Speaker 1: So one hundred percent is are you okay to and start a conversation with the mate and start it from there and keep going. Don't just start at that and finish that question, Joe, it's two words to describe your flawless husband.
Speaker 2: Stunning, brave, oh and stupid.
Speaker 1: Do you agree that's three words? Yeah, you're someone out which one is it? Stunning and stupid?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He has joined a new gym, right, and it's working really well for him because I did not realize. But he's going to a gym with a class full of women. So essentially the ratio is one to twelve.
Speaker 1: As it one to twelve as in twelve women.
Speaker 3: One Greek, right, and he's going to do these running classes.
Speaker 2: It's working really well for him.
Speaker 3: He's dropped a lot of weight, but he's being a bit of a wanker about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know he is. I can imagine Greg in a situation like this because he's very very is a smooth talker, smooth, he's a press, he's a smart alec. I can see Greg in a situation where it's one or twelve being like, hey, lady's got an idea for it. How about iby, Charlie and you be my angel. See how that goes down? Greg, See how that goes down.
Speaker 3: So I didn't realize that he'd assembled this little herem because it goes at like five o'clock in the morning, right, And then the gym posted a photo of him and.
Speaker 2: He kind of sidles up to me in.
Speaker 3: The kitchen and he's like, I've got a bit of feedback on that photo that platform post. If you know, he talks really fast like that and doesn't take a breath. And I was like, oh, yeah, what was the feedback? Oh, just about the ray Shio girls. Guys, you know, just a couple of little lads just having a bit of a laugh. And I'm like, well, show me.
Speaker 4: And I had a look and dead said they've taken a.
Speaker 3: Photo of him in the middle of there's twelve women all flexing, and I'm like, mate, what are you doing in this space? And he has been consistent he can't, okay, tell everyone about zone five.
Speaker 1: Please zone five. I don't really understand what zone five is. It's some sort of air you get to when you're doing some pretty intense exercise. Yeah, but not everyone gets in his zone five.
Speaker 3: No, your heart rate is so high and you're working so hard that you went to zone five.
Speaker 2: But he just likes to tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: So he sent me a message the other day with a screenshot of his heart rate monitor in zone five. He said, I'm in zone five, no reception. Can you let Jodes know? And then I spoke to him and I said, mate, you spent so much time in Zone five. You should buy You should think about purchasing some real estate. He said, there's no point, there's no one else here.
Speaker 3: I do wonder if he went to the gym this morning, So I wonder if he visited Zone five town again.
Speaker 1: We actually population one, no reception, but we've actually buzz him on the landline. Oh really live from the zone five? Is that you? Greg morning?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 2: How's your session?
Speaker 5: It wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: Actually, how's the bevy of women?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, so one in twelve, one in twelve in that photo. And let's just say, there are so many hot women at this gym that we go to, and Gregor always make sure he gets the one instructor, Aaron, who's like blonde and super tall and super gorgeous.
Speaker 1: That's a coincidence.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's a bit of a please explainer right now. And I guess it's a bit of a small sample size that you've used. There is that photo?
Speaker 1: Well, you've got the photos with you and more women.
Speaker 2: There's more photos like it.
Speaker 5: In Zone five. I don't really don't really pay attention to that kind of stuff, right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we'll let you get back to it jumping the ice bath with all your harem.
Speaker 5: No, I'm actually going home to look after your kids. Oh yes, I love the show. I made the switch bathwak.
Speaker 4: Well Hazy.
Speaker 3: One of the best shows on television at the moment is The Amazing Race, the Celebrity Edition. It is on Sundays on ten and ten play. It's a magnificent show. And I don't know how to say this without sounding creepy, but possibly one of the hottest women of my sort of era is Nat Bass and she joins us, Now I sound creepy. I'm so sorry, Nat, I just said I just said.
Speaker 2: It that loud.
Speaker 1: That better Joe says it than me.
Speaker 4: That what an adventure for you and your sister. Now, but it's come to an end.
Speaker 7: Guys, and I wait too soon. Look it was. It's honestly been one of the highlights of my life to be able to do a show like that at any point, but then to do it with my sister. He's been a massive, massive, fan of the show ever since she was little, and you know, she hasn't.
Speaker 8: Traveled a hell of a lot, so to be able to like go to crazy places and do pretty wild and wonderful things, it was it was just unreal, Like honestly, like, even though we got out, you know, someone has to get out and unfortunately took a wrong.
Speaker 7: Turn and this led to this, and that led to that, and yeah, and then that was it.
Speaker 3: Your chosen charity was a Black Dog Institute as well. Now, and you've been pretty open about your battles with depression, So this is a cause really super close to your heart, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, super close to my heart.
Speaker 7: I mean the Black Dog Institute has been a part of my life for a long time, actually, probably my early twenties. You know, the research that they do is so important, as the statistics is so high. Suicide rates are up more than ever. Suicide prevention is at the heart of everything that they do, and it's just a great place for people who have mental ill health, but also people who know someone who has mental ill health and doesn't really know what to do. The research is you know, necessity.
Speaker 3: In this day and age, do you know, Nat, It's really funny you should talk about this because I was thinking about the other day and I was thinking, have I ever had proper, proper depression? And I would say definitely, I had it when I was seventeen eighteen, and then it came back again when I early forties. And I'm just always curious about people who've had experience with depression. Do you think it's something that comes and goes ebbs and flows, or do you think it's something that always sits below the surface.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think people some people are pretty disposed to it. Some people there is, like, you know, some evidence about hereditary stuff, and obviously life dishes us out so many, you know, hard things at different times, and like I might feel like one day I'm like two steps forward and like I'm so positive and I'm grounded, and then I like get sent, you know, thrown backwards. So look for me, it's a constant, Like every day I have to be mindful of it. Every day I have to try and do those things that I know that make me feel better, and that's trying to ride those waves with a little bit more ease, you know.
Speaker 3: And also I think when you get older too, and you do have kids, which I do.
Speaker 2: I've got four girls.
Speaker 3: You're very mindful that you don't want to let onto them that mummy sad.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's really yeah.
Speaker 7: Look, it's interesting because as a parent you just never know what you do, like, oh, should I hire my emotions.
Speaker 8: Or should I spread them out?
Speaker 7: I unfortunately or fortunately I'm yet to figure this out. Is that I'm.
Speaker 8: Pretty open about it.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty open to the kids that I have to work really hard at it and on it, and it's it can be daily and sometimes it hits me in the face and and it's really hard for myself to get myself back up. But I want them to know that it is possible and that life will dish out lots of different things, and that they can pick themselves up. And sometimes it might take an hour and sometimes it might take a day, but you will get there.
Speaker 1: Hey, jeezus, it's really exciting news.
Speaker 4: What real transition from you Andrew.
Speaker 1: Let's pivot in a much different direction, because this is really cool, right is it?
Speaker 3: Back?
Speaker 1: How exciting?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 7: If they do so many gigs lately, it's been just an absolute laugh. It's actually the twentieth out of a three old Booto child this year, which is wild. So doesn't that make you all feel loneso?
Speaker 1: You still got the same feelings on stage? And is it as fun as it's ever been? Because sometimes you know, when you go away from something and you pick it back up, you're like, oh my gosh, I miss this. You know what, It's.
Speaker 7: Actually been more fun than it was. I think because we're all older and dare I say wiser, we I don't know, Like there's just this mass appreciation of you know, the success that we had and and you know, then growing up, having children and coming into a different phase of life and yeah, it's just it's an absolute ball and we're not taking it for granted. We're just enjoying it. And if we stop enjoying it, we probably won't do it anymore, you know.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Well, Nat Bess, thank you so much for joining us. Well done on everything that you achieved on the amazing race. It was so great to watch you and your sister Meil on it. And thanks for having a chat with us today.
Speaker 1: Thanks guy. Can we talk about this sassiness of Tiger Mom please?
Speaker 3: Oh? I know, we all know we've got a good looking premier, right, yeah? Hot mally we like to call him on this show.
Speaker 1: We I like, you've got the team aspect of that.
Speaker 3: Peter melanowskis, but it has not escaped the attention of the Tiger Mom on The Chase Australia because this happened last night.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 1: Had a bit of a brain fad there thinking about how good Peter.
Speaker 2: Looks in this film suit.
Speaker 1: It's really good looking, fit guy.
Speaker 7: And you do know this is the Chase, not The Bachelor, right Peter Valenskus could go on The Bachelor if he wasn't already made.
Speaker 1: We're all thinking it. We're all thinking it.
Speaker 2: She just said it. I love that for her.
Speaker 3: Look, I didn't watch a lot of The Chase Australia because I'm obviously on on Channel ten at all given times, but she's normally quite serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's what we've always said to really understand if you are indeed a blood, red blooded, a red blooded human or a robot, will just show you a photo of Peter Malanowskis in his swimmers and if your heart starts racing, then guess what, you're a genuine human.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely said that. And you're heavy into men, which is good that's also good