Speaker 1: Our next guest is one third of the number one drive show in the Galaxy, Ricky, Lee, Tim and Joel. He's the product of Terry, who was the solo man in the ads, and Jenny a singer, so it's no surprise he went on to be drama captain at Wesley College in Person, the editor in chief of the student newspaper, is a staple on Aussie Telly cameoing in The Rocky Horror Show and is currently on a national tour with his new comedy production Boom. Please welcome to the studio. Sometimes blonde, sometimes brunette. Joel James William Crasy.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you very much. It's a thrill to be here.
Speaker 1: Not just Joel Crazy Joel James William Crazy.
Speaker 3: Alroto, I know you, I know fancy Pantsy just asked me in my middle name.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, I have two, very proud of that fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also your parents, Hazy didn't realize that your dad, Terry was the solo man.
Speaker 2: He was the solo man in the eighties commercial.
Speaker 3: He is the one that's running up the hill getting chased by the Blue Healer as in the Dog, not Lisa McCune. And then at the top of the mountain, he cracks open a a soloeah, because what's more, you know, refreshing than a long mountainous run a fizzy soft drink and it dribbles down his chin, all homo erotic and and then of course the butcher's man on Telly gave birth to this, so.
Speaker 2: He's very proud.
Speaker 1: He had two very showbies parents, didn't you. And that's how they met on the set of Star Wars. Somebody couldn't script this stuff.
Speaker 3: I know, I was destined to go into the biz. Yeah, they met on the set of Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back.
Speaker 2: Mum was jab of the Hut.
Speaker 3: No, they were both both members of the Rebel Alliance and my mum was a West End actress as well. So yeah, theaters in my blood. Hence why my sister works for Bunnings.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I love it. It's a really great little story to tell people.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned your dad getting chased up a hill boy Blue Hue, like, you too have a very special dog, don't you.
Speaker 3: I do, I Jack, and I welcome the pitter patter of hairy little feet into our house.
Speaker 2: And I'm not talking about one of the Real Housewives.
Speaker 3: We have a chow chow called girlfriend, and she's one of those dogs that looks like the lion with the blue tongue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fancy girl. Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I feel really good about getting a pure bread after doing a documentary about dogs and pounds at the start of last year. But she had come prior, she'd come prior, and she's divine. Yeah, girlfriend purely, so we can say the park, get over here, girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Or did you just yourself? Girlfriend? Yeah, but someone's been trying to steal it really lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this lady's been coming to the house. This is really creepy and crouching down by the front door and going girlfriend, girlfriend, come here. And we were getting ready to go out one night for dinner, and I thought it must be a friend. And then I went jack to my boyfriend and this girl went running and jumped into the passenger side of an idol car.
Speaker 2: Then isn't that creepy? That then drove off.
Speaker 3: But girlfriend spends a lot of time with a lot of men in my house. So I was like, good luck, good luck girlfriend to the lady, because I think I might have raised Tony Abbott like girlfriend really has a lot of similar traite bit missage.
Speaker 4: Joe, we love having an Adelaide welcome back, and your thoughts were Adelaide in general.
Speaker 2: I love Adelaide.
Speaker 3: I came here for a I planned my beautiful friend Reheys Nicholson, host of drag Race down Under. They were getting married and I had their bucks party in Adelaide. Reese didn't know where they were going. Yea, we surprised them and took them to the airport and said surprise, well after Adelaide and we.
Speaker 2: Went and saw Mary Poppins.
Speaker 1: Of course you did.
Speaker 3: We went and saw Mary Poppins at the Adelaide Festival Center and then went to Mary's.
Speaker 2: Poppin all of course, I love what a great club? What are the great bars?
Speaker 4: Can I just just be completely honest your offenders. When that initial announcement was made, We're going to Adelaide, initial reaction.
Speaker 3: Well, the problem is we bumped into Tommy Little in the lounge and I think he thought I booked Tommy for a lap dance and he was rather disappointed. So no, no, genuinely stoked but also confused as to what we were doing in Adelaide. I think resought maybe I was going to make them do like a trial run of their festival show or something. We had the best night the Schlong Island iced teas that Mary's Poppin' are delicious, Hazy.
Speaker 4: I'll take you here, I am pretending I haven't had I know it's sweet, it's sweet, but you're pulling it off.
Speaker 1: I think you've just missed that invitation. He just said he will take you. You have spent the entire year and a half that we've worked together trying to get Fitzy to take you anywhere, and Joel first interview is like, I'll take you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, doesn't know his way around Mary's pop and I do. I will take you.
Speaker 4: Do you hate your Fitzy got Mary's poppin by the way, Oh.
Speaker 3: He would be. People would want to climb him like a tree. No, I will take It's a great night out. I'll take you along with it with a gaggle of gaze and we can pudump all night together.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Yes, I'll get away from the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Maybe forever you might meet the love of your lafe and a man.
Speaker 1: He also has a long history on the show of man crushes. Shit would run through them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really coming back to the mainly footballs. Mainly footballs, which you can jump on the list as well.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got a bit of history with footballers. Yes, yes, So.
Speaker 1: Have you ever dropped the name of this football so?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh hazy, you don't know? Oh my god, let me flee you in I had.
Speaker 3: I wrote in my book that my autobiography that I released when I was twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, I had some really hot takes on the world.
Speaker 3: When I was twenty four, I mentioned in the book about having an affair with an AFL player. Didn't realize it would gets so much traction sort of in publicity. And and no, there's two people in the world that no, uh his name yet I can say that, and that is my lawyer and my manager.
Speaker 2: Wow, and I guess him.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, he knows who he is. Have you heard from him since you dropped that bombshell?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Well okay, So he used to come over to mine after his little football concerts and we'd watch movies. And I introduced him to the film Mean Girls one night and he loved it so much. He goes, can we watch it again? I was like yeah, and he goes no now, like back to back like you do with a child. I was like, okay, and anyway, I hadn't seen him for years, and then a few years later I bumped into him in a marquee at an event and I was like, I said to Jack, my boy friend, we've got to go, like, this guy is going to kill me. And he started walking towards me and I thought he was going to shank me, but he walked past me and whispered in my ear I've read your book. I thought it was really a super fetch.
Speaker 2: Which is the little sassy line from Mean Girls.
Speaker 1: I was like, you remember, so we're quite like that that. He didn't get triggered by it all.
Speaker 2: He was just like, no, he's a lovely girl.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what he's up to now, and I think he's still playing football. Maybe not, but yeah, a lovely person.
Speaker 4: It's such an interesting time of your life. Of course, you were living in Melbourne at the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was. I was living in Melbourne. Yes, you can try.
Speaker 4: And do them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's about ten or eleven of those, so sexual doubt And.
Speaker 3: Also I don't know the names of the clubs. What is it like the Melbourne Magicians and the and the Richmond Ring alongside.
Speaker 4: I know that you sort ofgether his little footy concerts.
Speaker 2: That's Taylor Swift Stadium. What are you doing in there?
Speaker 1: What are you doing taking over?
Speaker 3: I can't believe Taylor Swift didn't come down to you guys. There's potentially in my show at the Fringe and make good for Adelaide. Okay, but for those that missed the Eras tour, yeah right, I love that as a massive Swifty myself.
Speaker 1: As a side note, if you had to name the two Adelaide football teams, could you, I.
Speaker 3: Could Port Power and Adelaide Crows. And I'm a Crow supporter yes, because the Adelaid Crows have actually booked me to host a lot of their functions and I have, like for years, and I always thought how cool that they've booked this, you know, young Nasal, very flamboyant comedian. So I've been an Adelaide Crow supporter as a just purely because.
Speaker 2: Of the paychecks that so much.
Speaker 3: But also if you're coming to my sho I love port Power too.
Speaker 1: It's hazy always tells his story. But when he first came to Adelaide, we get real in your face about who you support.
Speaker 2: Yes, from Perth, it's very similar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so people will like literally get up, You're like bar it for and you're almost too scared to say either way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it a thing here as well when you meet someone for the first time? Where did you go to school? A very West Australian thing to say to each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that is the thing. Joe Crasy, thank you so much for coming in. And I can't wait to meet Chao Choo. Yes to Sin, who's my killer attack dog?
Speaker 2: I shot?
Speaker 3: And Jody just quickly, can I ask you a favor on air because you can't really say no when you're on air. Yes, I need a little voice overdone for the start of my show in Adelaide at the where am I the garden? Yes? And your voice is just so beautiful And can I just say have you had your head on your gorgeous today?
Speaker 1: Why are you stucking up to because you want me to.
Speaker 2: Do the voice over? Would you do the voiceover at the start of my show for me?
Speaker 1: Said, I'll do the voice Oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, what a what an honor? Jody Otti herself, thank you.
Speaker 1: Be prepared for people to go. Who's that.
Speaker 2: Adelaide Royalty Please.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming in. We can't wait to see you in action.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and my tent has great air con. I know it's a very hot week. Great air con.
Speaker 4: The show is called Boom, absolutely sensational. Droll was here until seventeenth. Livenation dot com dote you make sure you get some tickets before they sell that quick sticks