Speaker 1: We go get morning every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Hello, friends, Welcome along to the Jody and Hazy podcast.
Speaker 3: Here's some of the best bits from the year.
Speaker 1: Selecting a name for your newborn can be very, very challenging and a really long and drawn out process. Yes, we heard.
Speaker 3: From Ben Lamb and Belle earlier this morning.
Speaker 2: Because Ben is about to become a father and he's trying to come up with a name.
Speaker 3: Let's do him a favor and put a line through a few.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Off the back of when we spoke about a young baby who parents decided that it was the right idea for this young girl to get a tan Yeah, go with suede.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this mum decided in her infinite wisdom that her twelve month old needed to have tanned skin, So spray tann and the kid. Oh my god, what is next? Eyebrow wax, ridicule, manicure.
Speaker 1: Sharpening out the brows. Yeah, looking really.
Speaker 3: Nice, and you had an eybroil wax?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't. Oh, I've had what's it called with the things threading? I've had a thread before.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the most hateful thing?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god?
Speaker 3: Every time I got to get my eyebrows done.
Speaker 2: I'm like, never gets ready again because you cry.
Speaker 3: He's awful.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's so brutal. I'll just take a monobrow from there on. Fine. And the other thing is, well, it's happening in the UK. It she's been pushed through. A couple have been fighting this system to name their son Lucifer, and they've won no different countries. It's illegal, but they've pushed through and they've got a little Lucifer. Oh he's not bound for trouble at all.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that show? He's a bad.
Speaker 1: Dude, Lucifer. Yeah, Yeah, he's got some issues. He's got some real problems, some real solid issues.
Speaker 3: I think he finds loving the end night. All's well, that ends.
Speaker 1: Well thirteen and twenty four to ten. The bad names you've seen. Look, if you're a teacher as well, and you don't want to rate out your students, but you've probably seen something.
Speaker 2: My my obstetrician said he definitely delivered a baby that they called absody as an ABCD Wow, absidy little absidio little.
Speaker 1: It works, doesn't it. There are some illegal names which you can't use. For example, King, you can't use King Queen, Jesus Christ, Santa Claus or majesty. Oh look it's a little Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: Dear, I am, I name you Jesus Christ. Most days, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Because every morning you're like, what's going to happen? Then he rises from there? That's what you're talking about. Something along those lines. What about this is? What are there any Darren's out there? I don't know any Darrens.
Speaker 3: Darren's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's Darren's, but not too many Darrens.
Speaker 3: There is a Darren on what's that show Animal Kingdom? Is it Darren?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: One of the brothers?
Speaker 1: Sure? I think there is.
Speaker 3: I mean, anyone in.
Speaker 2: This team want to back me up? Normally, Abby, you would be across this.
Speaker 6: I nodded, I nod in my head. Did you know that Nigel, the name Nigel is no longer really? Yeah, over in Ireland or somewhere, they had a big party because there's been no Nigels named in the UK.
Speaker 3: Or wherever it was for X and out of years. So it's it's died out right. Because it's a.
Speaker 1: Similar story with Gary as well. I reckon over in the UK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you go to Nigel and you immediately think what no friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no friends. Yeah, it's not fair. It's not fair if you know Nigel and you're the victim of circumstance exactly because it might have been cool, and then what twenty years later becomes like a genuine taunt. That's not fair, is it? What about over the States? Do wanna boner? What do wanna Bona plays for the Connecticut Sons and WNBA? I google her? Do wanna Boner? Well? Like do you wanna? Do you want a new name? Am I right? And also Destiny Hooker is an American volleyballer. Yes, these are genuine people, I promise, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I have heard of Destiny Hooker.
Speaker 1: She's pretty good.
Speaker 5: And what.
Speaker 1: At being a volleyball thirteen twenty four to ten? Some of these ordinary names. Let's go to Jane in Clapham. Good morning, Jane. First and foremost, Jane is a beautiful.
Speaker 7: Name, Thank you. I hated it for so many years, but I've embraced it now. When I was a when I was in a mum's group, years and years and years ago, there was a girl who had named her child the letter N with her dash and then the letter A and to be pronounced Nadasha.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's nice. That's really good stuff. Didn't picked on any.
Speaker 7: I don't know because I moved away not long after. But yeah, poor.
Speaker 3: Kids, what what's the motivation behind this?
Speaker 2: Like, because obviously your kid's going to go to school at some point and all the other kids.
Speaker 3: Going to go Na Dasha.
Speaker 1: We endorse that behavior, and.
Speaker 2: Next minute, like Nadasha's lunch is gone missing for the fourth day in a row. All the other kids like, she doesn't deserve to eat because Nadasha.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not fair. Nadasha right behind from the start. Thirteen twenty four ten. Some of those ordinary names, warning names, let's call them interesting names coming through, For example de Wanna Bona, who plays to the Connecticut Sons. Are there any Duannas out there?
Speaker 3: Wasn't there a misty hymen? Do you reckon?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: There was a misty hymen? She was a sports talking about Okay, no one.
Speaker 1: What going on in this team. I'm so sorry everybody, You've just taken it to it.
Speaker 3: It's an actual thing. Thank you, thank you. She's an American swimmer. Yesty hymen.
Speaker 1: As we're trying to gang up on Jodie I don't like when.
Speaker 3: You're gang up on her, so I go in to protect. Thank you, protect the queen at all costs is true?
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 2: We are talking on thirteen twenty four ten this morning. The things that you were deprived of as a kid. I touched on the fact that I had fake romes with the velcrow. Yeah, Zoe, you were deprived of what as a child?
Speaker 5: Producers here, Well, you guys just reminded me that I didn't get Easter accunts. I'd forgotten about that. So I didn't get an eysterri hut growing up. But most of it I wasn't hard junk food. Really. Yeah, it wasn't even kept in my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably why you're a twig right now. Yeah, well, as in you did some quick catching up.
Speaker 5: I did some quick catching up in my late teens, very quick catching up there.
Speaker 3: To put it on a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if they just let me have jrunk for growing up, then you could.
Speaker 3: Have done moderations. Yeah, y isn't it absolutely absolutely?
Speaker 1: We'll let you news read abby. What were you deprived of as a kid.
Speaker 6: We were never allowed to have the little packets of chips. You go, you're put in your lunch box and go to school with ye. So, yeah, we were never allowed them or like things like dunk a ruse and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So you never got the opportunity as a child to put your chip packets in the oven and shrink them down and make key rings out of them.
Speaker 3: Did you guys do that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I didn't do that.
Speaker 3: Do that for you guys?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 1: Please leave things like that? Mana, we don't do things like that in the main land.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make you a twist is key ring in the oven.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to, No, I want to.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: We believe you.
Speaker 6: We had tamagotchies where we used to. I used to kill them off all the time. But that was about as exciting as our childhood got.
Speaker 1: Used to kill them off. Did you get the magnifying glass and destroy.
Speaker 6: No cheese and you forget to feed them and stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Okay, that's a real insight childhood that go to Kieran.
Speaker 3: What were you deprived of?
Speaker 4: And yeah?
Speaker 8: So October eighty eight, I was watching The Dark Crystal and my dad used to hit the side of the TV when the reception would go funny, and the reception was going funny, so I ran back and fly kicked it into the walls the TV blower and Mum didn't replace the TV for twelve years.
Speaker 1: The two of you is quite the it was.
Speaker 8: We used to live next daughter Sean Mchaylis, the comedian, and he smuggled a little black and white TV over which my sister's kept in their cupboard for about four years, which I didn't know about them.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, I love that your sisters like kept you out of it.
Speaker 3: We've got a TV in no our cupboard. Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Barbara.
Speaker 3: What were you deprived of as a kid.
Speaker 4: I was deprived of having a hypercolor T shirt.
Speaker 1: That's that's you imagine Barbara, where you'd be right now in life. If you had that hypercolor T shirt, you'll probably be president of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, possibly, Zoey.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't know about hypercolor tea, shir So just explain them, Barbara.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so different colors you could actually just buy, like a pink one or a blue one and when it touches your skin that he would make the color change very cool.
Speaker 1: But then, but then, Barbara, maybe you were blessed for not having these shirts, because then if you were getting a bit sweaty out of the pits, wouldn't it really accentuate?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Possibly, but I still wanted one that everyone had them and I didn't have them.
Speaker 3: Okay, Barbara, it's okay. We're sending your.
Speaker 1: Right you're going to say on behalf of nova. We're going to send you a half a colored shirt? There?
Speaker 3: Would you even find one these days?
Speaker 2: Can I just share something with you? My husband's just sent me a photo his mum refused to buy him a Nike.
Speaker 3: Jacket like a sports jacket.
Speaker 2: And have a look at this, please, He's got a Nike jacket and he's written in text and Nike, and he's drawn the swoosh on it.
Speaker 1: He has done a good job of the Richard, explain why it's through. On the other day, he's wearing that suit with a Hugo boss written a.
Speaker 3: School holidays, am all right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Would an adventure.
Speaker 2: Parents just crawling to the finish lines and private school kids back at school? I do believe I'd pay the extra fees at this point.
Speaker 1: Extra faceup, more days off for parents.
Speaker 3: I think some of them have gone back already.
Speaker 1: Gresser education.
Speaker 2: Kids love that My little girls, who I love as individual little people, are great, but as a combination they've been revolting.
Speaker 3: Especially the last week.
Speaker 2: So it all came to a head when the eleven year old was using the ten year old's iPad to watch YouTube. So she's sitting there, but little Summer's friends kept messaging on like that Facebook messenger. So I kept ping, ping, ping, and annoyed Peyton so much that she took it upon herself to message Summer's.
Speaker 1: Friends, Oh, this is I dare say, this is veering into sort of junior catty behavior.
Speaker 3: So she's written in capitals, stop it. I'm trying to watch YouTube.
Speaker 2: So Somemmer's friends are like, what the hell some of why are you telling us to stop it? Anyway, so she's cottoned on that her sister's messaging her friends, and so.
Speaker 3: She's come in and gone what the hell eaten?
Speaker 2: And thrown her hands in the air and smacked the iPad out of her hands into her face, and so it smacked her in.
Speaker 3: The nose, and so pain's like.
Speaker 2: The whole thing has just been too much, and it was it was the tipping point.
Speaker 3: It was so triggering. I've just turned around and I've said this is enough. I have had enough. You to separate.
Speaker 2: Mummy needs some space, walk into my room, slam the door like a real mature adult.
Speaker 3: And I just sit there and take some deep breasts on the end of the bed.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So then they've taken it upon themselves to write me a letter and they slide it under the door.
Speaker 3: It is cute.
Speaker 1: And if we're hungry.
Speaker 2: And sorry mummy for being little shis and that's that's our word in our house instead of saying the other word.
Speaker 3: We will be better.
Speaker 2: And then they wrote one of those acrostic poems and so you know, j O Doe and they use wors to describe their mummy first. Okay, so Jay was joyful, beautiful, I was outstanding here this point.
Speaker 3: This is really good d for depressed.
Speaker 1: That just just summing up the situation beautifully.
Speaker 3: The girls, well, yes, yes I am, because you're making me so I've got it late. They didn't know what the word meant. They thought it was like a nice thing anyway.
Speaker 2: But the shots just haven't been fired at me because Summer, who is the little.
Speaker 3: Dancer in our family.
Speaker 2: That's some real feedback for you, because last night I said, Darling, we're performing in this rocky horror show on Friday night. I need you to help me learn the time war because she's very very good at you know, choreography and all that sort of stuff. She goes, Okay, we'll show me the video and i'll learn it and then i'll help you. Like great, thanks, I showed her the video of our rehearsal yesterday and she took one look at you and went, oh god, this is going to be a disaster.
Speaker 1: How very dere you summer I was on summer side. Then what's wrong with my dance?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not bad with the choreography, It just when it comes to the freestyling, you remind me of someone.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me. Finally, comparisons to the great Peda Garrett. It's so isn't a compliment when you're described as the poor man's Peda Garrett.
Speaker 3: No, you'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I'll be fine. Limbs aren't even connected to my brain, connected to the sockets going everywhere like a wacky Whaley inflatable tube. Man, those guys, he's gonna fall over. Whoa up, whoa, He's going up