Speaker 1: Christmas. J just wann a cozy, a cozy little Christmas.
Speaker 2: Here with you, Jason Lawrence, Very Christmas. Good morning, and Merry christ Marry the Christmas Chris today, guys, and I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather spend Christmas than my family. So let's get the show on the road. Start, get home.
Speaker 1: Did you wake with anything in your sack? Kids? Kids are up early?
Speaker 2: Oh, your kids are up early. Sins came to my house.
Speaker 1: Good. Yes, I was a good boy. I made the good list.
Speaker 2: I am hosting Christmas Day today, so I have a lot to do, a lot to do.
Speaker 3: A lot of people will be in their cars on the way to family's houses this morning.
Speaker 1: They would have done the present opening, all right.
Speaker 2: There'll be a few people in the cars on the way to family things. There will be a lot of people on the cars on the way to like woollies calls just to get the last minute things they've forgot. They've forgotten the rav.
Speaker 3: The bag of eyes and at all the surveys they have, the giant create of ice and they wrapped, and the bloody alfoyl.
Speaker 4: I mean yesterday it was three bucks a day. It's nine you know, what we used.
Speaker 3: To do on Christmas Day back in the black and white days at the radio station. We used to send like the street teams out the Supernovas or the Black Thunders Christmas Day and they would load them up with batteries because back in the nineties all the shops surveys weren't open in.
Speaker 2: The nineties, is not very good with the battery.
Speaker 1: No Santa shocking with the battery.
Speaker 3: So we used to have like the Black Thunders and the super Andnovers are giving our batteries.
Speaker 2: Great idea. Yes, I'm sure they were thrilled to be doing that on.
Speaker 4: Christmas Day, double time at a half. All these days the clubs are open. I think I'm going to go clubbing tonight.
Speaker 1: Are you well, electrics open tonight? Everything will be open really?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, I won't be able to do that because my family, or what I like to call Stage five, clingers on Christmas and you can't get money that they go all night.
Speaker 1: Well, love days a long.
Speaker 2: Usually Liz Mama, she loves it, loves loves a festive party, loves the Christmas He's doings.
Speaker 1: She normally leaves around Easter.
Speaker 3: Coming up on the show, we are going to be celebrating with some very special guests. Darren Hayes is in with an absolute banger of a.
Speaker 1: Christmas Carol, and do you know who else is in? And the lead up to Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Lunch Jamie oliver Us. So if you need any tips on like last minute kitchen necessities, he's the guy. He'll tell you what you need. Have you forgotten the apple source? Have you've forgotten the gravy?
Speaker 1: I love apple sauce.
Speaker 2: What's that song about making gravy?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: You know the song Christmas Movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is making graves Kelly.
Speaker 1: I was like, just grave Box.
Speaker 2: The poor Kelly's not here. Paul Kelly's not on the show today.
Speaker 3: He's busy when you're making grave Box, Grave Box tonight, like grave Box tonight.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Merry Christmas, everybody, please be safe on the roads today if you are driving.
Speaker 3: Around Christmas at the standaways, we'll find out what it's like at Clint's house, my house and Lawrence house.
Speaker 1: Dad later, Oh yes, Bobby, oh dad.
Speaker 2: My dad has a Christmas tradition that drives my brother and I insane.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just Christmas traditions in a nutshell.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Families do funny things on Christmas, don't they?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: Too early for trifle? No never, let's get into it. This is our Christmas Day special. It is Jason Lauren on Nova. Merry Christmas, take it easy on the roads. We hope you've had a great Christmas morning so far. I hope you were behaving last night and you've got everything you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christmas Eve is a fun night anticipation. The excitement sounds is coming in little Champagne. I wonder if sounds right. Everyone's carrots are left out? Don't know the rain deyes head charas.
Speaker 1: You know we have a we have an on Susan nice and early this do you? Yeah? Yeah, well and susan early lazy tup of ware tuple ware lazy.
Speaker 2: So that's a specialty in your house.
Speaker 3: It's loaded with colored popcorn normally the chocolate almonds.
Speaker 1: M and ms.
Speaker 2: Oh in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime, there's no rules. All right, let's take you to the standaway house.
Speaker 4: Now, let's do it. Dad's tradition, it's actually a recent tradition. He loves to come up with a Christmas.
Speaker 2: Shot like wait, a shot you drinkle like a Christmas family family photo.
Speaker 1: No, not a snap, a shot like a down the hatch.
Speaker 2: She designs it.
Speaker 1: He designs it every single year.
Speaker 3: Can I just do a safety check and warning? So I think there'd be a lot of families that crack and open the baileyes or the snaps and stuff and drink responsibly. But they'd be opening it today and they're not touching it for another year. I think when you're doing the lid of something, if there's a crusty sound, or go for it.
Speaker 1: I don't think it goes off? Does it? Does it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Does the baileys go off? In previous years we have had like a creamy sort of shot, which.
Speaker 2: Quite delightful, and I'm not into it.
Speaker 4: There's been like he's really gone deep in the cabinet, like a Maduri based shot.
Speaker 2: Do we know what this year specialty is?
Speaker 4: But he has hinted at my having a gingerbread style twist, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that works. But he's he's the he's like a he's like a mixologist. Mixologist. I was going to say, like he worked the movie.
Speaker 2: Does he name his Christmas shot every year?
Speaker 1: He doesn't, but he should, and.
Speaker 4: It's usually sort of it's actually we're pretty punchy. We'll usually start with a few prawns, you know, glass of champagne, and then pre lunch Dad will bring out the tray of shots pre lunch, just just to get everyone brilliant.
Speaker 2: Mean, you know, it's always great when it's a really hot christ.
Speaker 3: Yes, mate, growing up on the mean streets of Brisbane, some school and would all be gathered around that bloody oven as Mum pulls out the roast pool.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just the best it is. It is beautiful day today.
Speaker 1: Also, can we just do a shadow to everyone working today too?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, like medical centers, doctors.
Speaker 2: Or like supermarkets cen stations.
Speaker 4: Dad almost needed the medical help one here because he introduced a pomegranate shot into the He tested. He tested the pomegranate shot and let's just say the pomegranate didn't go down the gallop too well to get his stomach pumped.
Speaker 1: It came back up.
Speaker 2: Did anyone else have a pomegranate shout of action for the rest of the day, shout out John O.
Speaker 1: Don't be don't be using pomegranate in shots.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he did the taste test. Yeah, he gave it to the family and family that was.
Speaker 1: Pre ham as well. That's it.
Speaker 2: It's the shots on the empty stomach that will get you.
Speaker 3: Very special guest. I love this man, noting for a lot of years. I am talking mister Darren Hayes is on the air with us.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me, Darren Hayes.
Speaker 1: So I've got history with Darren.
Speaker 6: We were never going to talk about that. And also I was very confused about my sexuality.
Speaker 2: I've got a compliment. You're the best smelling guest we have ever had in this studio.
Speaker 6: That means a lot to me.
Speaker 3: I have just found out you released a cover of Last Christmas.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that was very early on in career.
Speaker 1: We love this song.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we must put this on rotation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, George Michael.
Speaker 2: You got to meet George Michael.
Speaker 6: We became somewhat acquaintances.
Speaker 2: George Michael.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna this is going to sound like a humble brand.
Speaker 2: Go for it. It's George.
Speaker 6: So I sang this song and then maybe six months later, was invited by Pavarotti duet with him at Pavarotti and Friends.
Speaker 2: Hang on you did with George Michael or Pavarotti.
Speaker 1: And you're friends.
Speaker 6: I was the friend's friend single and I had to sing an Italian and it's the go to love me. I know that, But here's the deal. We go to Moderna in Italy. Guess who's on the bill Tracy Chapman, Annie Lennox, George Michael and Darryl Haynes from Soundgarden, right, and I'm thinking total imposter syndrome. Whatevervotti and Friends couldn't have been nicer. Yet the friends were aqua aqua what did they sing with Pavarotti traditional and actually the lead singer whose name, forgive me, I can't remember. She's a beautiful person and hasn't great voice. But here's the deal. The other guy was like, dumb on Bibby, I don't know if he can send.
Speaker 2: So Pavarotti didn't say Barbie girl.
Speaker 6: He gave me singing lessons. Pavarotti, he took the key and he raised it five semitones because you like in Spanish, I'm sorry in Italian. He kept saying, no, no, you're returning, You're returning your antenna. I was just like or whatever. But anyway, then George is on the same show and he walks up to me and he goes, you're saying summer mine, didn't you.
Speaker 2: George did it? And I'm like, George, Michael knew about that, Yes.
Speaker 1: Are you here for royalties?
Speaker 6: And I just went I sat there frozen, and he went, I quite liked it. Wink a little wink for I just.
Speaker 2: Oh, Michael, because when he said it, were you like, oh my god, is he going to savvy in my song?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 6: I once did a Prince cover and you know how Prince reacted to that.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it.
Speaker 6: He not that. Not only did he not like it, he said, please burn all copies. It was alive recording on a DVD.
Speaker 1: Can we find it on YouTube?
Speaker 6: No, you actually can. It was it was my song popular Match, mashed up with Baby on the Star.
Speaker 1: We're searching please?
Speaker 2: Was that in a voice note or an email?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 6: I don't know how he communicated it. I think it might have been at that point through invisible ink because at that point, but yeah, we had filmed it in like HD cameras. It was a DVD about to come out, and I was so proud and it was like he had one hundred percent of the royalties and he went burn burn old copies.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I could imagine him saying that you know.
Speaker 6: Him.
Speaker 2: He's a genius, the artist formerly known as Prince. In fact, I saw me one of his last shows at rod Livery. It was amazing.
Speaker 6: He's a genius and I miss him terribly.
Speaker 3: Well, so are you, sir, Darren Hayes new memoir, Unlovable is available now.
Speaker 1: It's very good to see you, so lovable.
Speaker 2: Lovable smell.
Speaker 6: I'll be emailing through the concoction later.
Speaker 3: On and I will reply with videos of Lauren hacking your song a carryoke.
Speaker 1: Let's do a very special festive edition of this absolutely overrated or underrated.
Speaker 3: I'm tired, underwat overrated, underrated where we go through things that well, it's in the title, I wade underrated.
Speaker 1: This one's a Christmas edition. I'm going to come out of the block say sounds quite controversial.
Speaker 2: You're the green. He's just going to say, Christmas overrated.
Speaker 1: I love Christmas. Love Christmas. Do you love it?
Speaker 2: Because all you've done is winch about it for last three?
Speaker 1: Love it? Okay? Love it? Overrated? Bonds?
Speaker 2: I love them, I love them. I don't care who you are. You put that dorky little paper hat on and it's screens Christmas.
Speaker 3: My dad used to force us we would no one ate unless we're all were in the paper hats.
Speaker 1: But I grew up in Brisbane.
Speaker 3: So we're all sitting there sweating ahead off, eating roast port with colored running down our forehead.
Speaker 2: What about sparra thought for the people like my poor with a.
Speaker 1: Big bonds, he's going to sew two together.
Speaker 2: Then you got a big bonce.
Speaker 1: To get in the bin.
Speaker 2: When it comes to dessert, I've already written it down.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, that's allowed. That's I'm all for that. Christmas pudding in Christmas cake is disgraceful.
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: I think? It's time to move on from the eight ten hundreds, get rid of it.
Speaker 2: You've got to find Penny or somebody.
Speaker 1: It's downstairs and coals at the moment, wrapped in what looks like a tea towel. I'm like, you tell me who eats that thing? I mean, the custards are right, you know what we're throwing desserts out trifle gone of course you do.
Speaker 4: You know that little jelly you get at the bottom of Oh yes, and the custard and the bread and that.
Speaker 3: And you are the only two people I know that like trifle. What's about you? Like these other dessert peaches?
Speaker 1: I don't mind them?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, tinned fruit of Christmas is big.
Speaker 1: You know the peaches and mangas and peaches pictures modern.
Speaker 2: You know what I used to hate and now I know Chris Kringle. Back in the day, I want lots of presents and now I'm like one present, bring it. Only have to buy one present, one present for the family.
Speaker 1: I got something, You get one good thing in heaps talk to me. Underrated midnight chopping.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you.
Speaker 1: Get a park? There's no one there. Sometimes that's not true.
Speaker 2: As a former employee at Chadstone then had to do the twenty four hour trade, the people that came in on a panic, three am.
Speaker 1: People coming the what are you doing occupancy?
Speaker 2: I'm just you're trying to get my double time and eat KFC? Do you actually really want to buy your wife address right now? Do you really from Kuka was to Cuba?
Speaker 1: Cuba?
Speaker 4: Do you know what's making a comeback? I'm told I've read an underrated It's underrated because it's making comeback. Tinsel No, apparently apparently seriously, apparently Tinsel's not back. It is making a comeback, aren't we into bow's Now? People put bows on the on.
Speaker 1: Your suitcase when you're traveling, so it's yours. You don't put all makes me do that.
Speaker 2: It's so embarrassing. It's so embarrassing. The ribbon on the suitcase, I don't. It's got a sticker on it with my name on. I know which one's money makes. Put a big, big bone.
Speaker 1: Underrated celebrity Christmas song Chris j just own a cozy, a cozy little Christmas.
Speaker 2: Here with you, Jason Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Good morning and Merry Christmas, Marry the Christmas, Marry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Christmas.
Speaker 6: Jason.
Speaker 3: Lauren Clint is here with us as well. We are celebrating Christmas on Nova. We are with you as you probably are doing the current drive. You've done the open presence. You're heading to families houses. Just quickly, how many cars do you reckon? We'd be on the on the radio at the moment and in that car there would have already been a Christmas Day fight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but that's what families do on Christmas. Sometimes it's funny because you want Christmas be the perfect have you, David. Let's be honest. Things go away well all but someone's uncol someone's I don't think, not yet, not this time. Now it's running lake. Someone's forgotten the paplover. The Aunties haven't spoken to each other all year.
Speaker 3: My mum would always rekindle her relationship a bottle of Maori.
Speaker 2: I need a drink a summer.
Speaker 1: Isn't it a real adventure on Christmas Day? To medories? And she was a real adventure. It was bloody school. What's your responsibility on Christmas Day? What do you have to tend to?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Your weber guide, you have to tend to the hot coals.
Speaker 3: We're doing it unconventional this year. We've actually booked Christmas Day at the pub ah no cleaner exactly. But then we come home and then we fire up the pool and the pizza ruven and we have all their friends, all our friends come over.
Speaker 2: There because he has all his friends over. I don't record it an invitation.
Speaker 1: I've never had an invitation.
Speaker 4: It would have been nice to get a Christmas invitation, invitation for his friend.
Speaker 1: Fits. All guys, come on, I'll send you a picky hey coming up this hour.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm hosting Christmas, and I may be leaving my family house. And if you've had enough of your family, you go back to we'll do housewap.
Speaker 3: All right, So coming up this hour, celebrity chef Jamie Oliver is going to join us to talk Christmas Day lunches.
Speaker 2: Coming up next though, We've got a funny old Christmas tradition that happens at my dad's house, which is embarrassing for my brother and I, but I think you're going to actually like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been hanging out for this. You said's probably gonna get me quite emotional.
Speaker 1: We'll go there. Next.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Lauren Merry Christmas. You are listening to Nova. You reckon there be any family bust ups already yet?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one hundred percent? Who forgot the bad trees? Were? Are the bad trees?
Speaker 6: Cheryl?
Speaker 1: You said you're making the salad. Who's playing the ice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The ice?
Speaker 2: Someone's forgotten to collect something from the supermarket. Yeah, some kids open someone else's kids present. They're fighting over the kids, fighting over the president.
Speaker 1: They got into the crane for the pablover.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did Santa eat the cookies you left out? Did your kids leave cookies out Santa. We did, indeed, carrots for the reindeer. Yes, did they come along and eat it?
Speaker 1: Age? Shake it a little beverage? Ja o.
Speaker 6: What's a.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas to everyone listening, Please be safe on the roads today if you are driving now. I am hosting Christmas Day this year, so I must get a water show on the You know what it was, I've done it. I did it last year too, and it was the first time I felt like grown up. So I was like, I'm a real adult. Now my mum's not hosting, my dad's not hosting, I'm hosting.
Speaker 1: All the cooking.
Speaker 2: I'm appalled.
Speaker 1: I faffed around. You're a real adult.
Speaker 2: I made the house look athetically pleasing, That's what I did. But my parents are abraded, so notoriously we have done year on year off. Yeah, a year at dads and just flip Christmas Eve if we do it the other way around the same her.
Speaker 1: Parents or her family and my family. Who's doing Christmas this year? But then I'm like, you know, we're we've got three young kids now, like we're the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right, Christmas house. So I think every family has that. You know not the battle, but it's like a jigs piece. What time do we go to everyone's houses? Anyway? My dad hosts every second year. But there's only one problem with Christmas at my dad's. It is that he has this Christmas tree that he bought in a pot, a real live Christmas tree. Now, some people brow fakis, they buy them and then they throw them out. My dad bought a Christmas tree the year my brother was born, a real live Christmas tree in a pot.
Speaker 1: And does he keep it alive.
Speaker 2: He takes it outside in the garden for eleven months of the yearning one year round, and he brings it in for Christmas. My brother.
Speaker 1: A bottle of wine. The euro was born forty.
Speaker 2: So don't get stuck into my family about forty year old Christmas tree. Well, it probably grew for a few years in the ground before that. That was like, I'm not having it for one year in discarding it. My dad is very sentimental. Dad, I love this jay. If you could say what this Christmas tree looks.
Speaker 1: Like, probably I've got a looks magical. It probably looks you.
Speaker 2: Know it is give there's more tinsel than leaves on it. Oh that's not well, my mother and I get so embarrassed every year because we've now got fiances and and we're like, oh god, not the tree again. Dad, Let's just buy a new tree. And he says about the tree, it ain't leaving Birks back yard.
Speaker 1: Joins us.
Speaker 3: Now, good morning and Merry Christmas, Bobby, Merry Christmas, Dad, Bobby, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, old Merry Christmas. Till so I'm starting to be offended about the tree already.
Speaker 3: I can get quite sentimental on days like today, and I think that like Clint's dad driving around and giving Clintony's siblings a real Christmas tree just got me and I think this is beautiful.
Speaker 6: Dad.
Speaker 2: What sort of condition is the tree?
Speaker 7: Well, thank you, it's never in the ground.
Speaker 6: It was in the pot.
Speaker 7: Yes, it was about in my language support high. So we'll call it a further meter for you go out. The biggest problem I gut. Now I've got bloody cathedral ceilings and it's hitting the roofs, and when we bring it in, I've got to get a trolley and two blows to help me carry it. But the tree stays. It's forty years old, and I think it's due for here.
Speaker 2: It's like the mason cock of Christmas trees, cathedral, a coulture and skinny it is that How tall do you reckon? It'd be eight foot now?
Speaker 7: Oh no more than that's probably close to the three meters now.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't. Does it got any fresh sprouts this year? Dad?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: But I did lose one. But I had some arbitrage up for here. Recently they touched that bloody tree. I'm going to kill them. And what I do is I take it with roads all around it so when we have the storms up here, it won't blow over.
Speaker 1: And break like me break.
Speaker 2: My dad lives in the mountains and so the risk is it so skinny it could blow over in the storms. But the way Dad decorates, he should himself. It's got more tinsel than.
Speaker 1: Many branches.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you what planks for your bed. If it does have some channel nine.
Speaker 1: Bubles promotional ornament face just swirling around them, what else has it got?
Speaker 7: One of the biggest problems is it's got so close touching the roofs now. The fairy on the top has have been forward leans forward.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, we get at cathedral ceilings, nice flexed big house.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bobby, we want to get you on to say, Mary, Christmas. Mate.
Speaker 3: You're like the dad of this show and we love you lots and we hope you have a ripping Christmas Day.
Speaker 7: The feelings absolutely mutual for you do. Congratulations on a fantastic year.
Speaker 2: For cute and dad. You're a grandfather there. I mean, I was always the golden girl of the family and now you've got any of your granddaughter. Isn't Christmas just so much more alive now?
Speaker 7: It's It's more special than I could ever imagine. And Christmas is a great time for all. Enjoy it with family.
Speaker 1: Whatever you do.
Speaker 7: You have a car, hands pull Jade's three little boat.
Speaker 1: Thanks for reminding me. I've got my hands full of himself.
Speaker 2: That's a good Christmas.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas. It is nova.
Speaker 3: You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clintier as well and very special guest.
Speaker 1: I love this man. Jamie Oliver is with us. Merry Christmas. Good Mary Christmas. How are you right?
Speaker 2: Do you get to put your feet up on Christmas Day? Or do you have to cook for the whole fan?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, I do cook for the whole family, but I get organized. It's all about the week before and the day before and then hopefully the.
Speaker 1: Day will go well.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so does it annoy you and other people getting your kitchen on Christmas Day? Because my fiance loves cooking on today Christmas Day. But then when my stepdad tries to get in the kitchen a moment, he's like, get get out out, this is my kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think you can tell a lot about a person by how territory they are about the kitchen. But I think, like when I think, because it's a bit like air traffic control, right, you want everything to come together, chrispy potatoes, perfect gravy, perfect roasted meat. You want to get the meat carved and rested. Everything's got to come together at the same time. Otherwise it's cold and if people start, you know, messing up your flow, it can be stressful.
Speaker 1: But yeah, my my thing.
Speaker 5: The thing in the UK is on the turkeys. And I know it's a bit different out here because of the weather and you might roasting, you might be grilling, but certainly with the roasted turkey, which I know quite a few as you still do, you've got to let it rest. You got to let it rest for at least an hour. An hour that is sitting there watching us for an hour they're still cooking. Actually, the temperature internally goes up when it's resting, and all the juice goes back to all those nice little crevices, and then that's the way you get juicy meat.
Speaker 1: Let it rest hour and a half, I'd say on a big time wow.
Speaker 3: We used to sit around the bench as Dad was carving off the port. If you ever went for it early, Dad had whacked the knife once. And when you have to do a run down to the medical cinnerario, I'm sure he meant.
Speaker 1: Well he didn't.
Speaker 2: Jamie Win Australia on Christmas. We love the Pavlover.
Speaker 1: How do you?
Speaker 2: How do you go with the Pavlova?
Speaker 5: I love Pavlova, I really do. I'm all for like the well, I like the tropical fruits myself, that the manes and the passion fruit. Bit of passion vanilla cream yea, But I also look like a little bit of shaved or melted chocolate.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: It might's always a bit chewy, and I don't mind it a bit chewy.
Speaker 1: Where do you sit on?
Speaker 3: And I know, Clint, you will be a fan of this because you're like an eight year old in a man's body.
Speaker 1: What do you sit on? Trifle?
Speaker 2: Trifle or trifle?
Speaker 5: Well, if you think, if you think about it, a tirimosieur is a trifle, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all it is is that the.
Speaker 5: Sponge fingers or sponge of some description. You can go the layers of jelly, you can go the blumoge, you can go the cream, you can go the chocolate layers. But I mean, for me, it is a retro thing and I love it. And the bit of sherry or booze on the sponge, you know, a layer of custard. And I even use that terrible like package packet blumonge full of numbers. Yeah, just because it's like it's Christmas and it's like retro, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Margaret makes it?
Speaker 1: What's on the Christmas list? Jamie was about to ask.
Speaker 5: You, Well, I I kind of go down that like Italian vibe of the Arosto misto, which basically means I can't make up my mind. So I do a roast turkey, I do a port ketta, and I do a roast goose, and then I let everyone have a bit of everything, and then just smash out the roast potatoes, gravy veg galore, definitely co of cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the leftovers.
Speaker 5: I'm all in for curries and pies.
Speaker 1: Just quickly before we let you go. What's what's one of the best boogie presents you bought jewels or the kids?
Speaker 5: The best bougie presents?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lott Christmas, like when you really traded one?
Speaker 5: You the best thing I've ever bought her? U oh gold, But I mean I tried to be romantic sometimes. The cookbook. It looks it's a very good value. But if I gave that to her for Christmas, you'd look at me and go, really, yeah, it might work. But now I got an old vintage mirror once with a favorite poem etched on it.
Speaker 2: Is getting young.
Speaker 5: It was a really nice French vintage mirror. When on the wall grave favorite etched lots of love the things you do.
Speaker 2: Wow, right, you are an old romantic. I love that. Merry Christmas, you have.
Speaker 5: A great one. I hope Santa was generous to you. And yeah, enjoy a lovely time with your family and friends.
Speaker 2: Take care stretchy pads today everyone for all that food. Very Christmas everyone. It's a busy day today.
Speaker 1: We can say that's it's Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: It is Christmas Day. Busy morning, running around, getting batteries from the shops. Yep, last minute things that you've forgotten.
Speaker 1: Quick, little fight with the siblings.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, someone's fighting with their auntie.
Speaker 3: And then the afternoon session rolls in where you're full of food at one family's house and then you have to make the pilgrimage to the next.
Speaker 1: Do you know how late Clint is going out for Christmas dinner tonight?
Speaker 2: I know because he's got a work tonight.
Speaker 1: Eight thirty pm. That's what time our reservations. We're going out for dinner.
Speaker 2: But you have to read the news in Melbourne tonight.
Speaker 1: I do have to read the news in thirty Yeah, well that's all right, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You know what it's thirty You finished seven?
Speaker 4: Oh that was the first reservation of urball. Because it's very very popular. A lot of families do it well.
Speaker 2: It saves the cleanup, Like waking up just tomorrow morning with the message.
Speaker 1: The carrots, I feel like I'd be full before eight thirty is crazy. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Bit I'm in my third round of the.
Speaker 3: Bit of a warning for family sitting down for lunch today. I've got a lot of vivid memories of doing medical center runs on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: There was one year where my sister had hot oil spilt over her because Mum was doing the roast potatoes.
Speaker 2: The little ankle bitters running around the kitchen. Kids out of the kitchen.
Speaker 3: So it was everyone in the car after the medical sent everyone goes down to the medical center, whole family Christmas.
Speaker 2: Christmas got to stick together.
Speaker 3: Bring your presents. We could be waiting a while. And then there was one rule in our house which ended in disaster. We used to do roast pork on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Yum, meto. Did you guys fight over the crackling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were like hyenas. Would all be gathered around the bench. Dad would be standing there with the electric knife.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The only rule was because Dad would take all the crackling off and to go in a bowl.
Speaker 1: You don't touch until we sit down.
Speaker 2: Because there's always someone who eats more than everyone else.
Speaker 1: Dad, Dad always does it.
Speaker 3: It's like a but everyone's gathered around watching the carving, right, and Dad always said, your bloody go for the crackling.
Speaker 2: I'll hit you with the knife, not the electric knife. I know where this is going. Latisha, Latisha, get your hands out of the boulder.
Speaker 1: My urban sister one year couldn't resist. She go to the crackling, or she wear the crackling.
Speaker 2: I don't blame her, though. It's hard to sit there and look at it, and I can.
Speaker 1: I can remember it like it was yesterday.
Speaker 3: The hand, it was like SlowMo, the hand coming out of nowhere, and I was watching her hand and I'm like, she's doing it.
Speaker 1: It's like watching someone break out of jail. I'm like, she's going for it.
Speaker 2: She's going for it, making a run for it.
Speaker 3: The hand makes contact with the crackling, like a prisoner getting over the fence, and I'm like, she's got it, go, go go. As the hand is making its way back to the body, you see the electric knife come out of nowhere and Dad's got.
Speaker 6: Her with the knife.
Speaker 2: Blood, Oh Dad, did you ruin? The crackling? Did the blood?
Speaker 1: But you could see Dad's Dad didn't mean to do it. I think it was just the reaction, like for years and years.
Speaker 3: It's like I've told you I'll hit you with the knife and he's got blood's gone everywhere.
Speaker 1: She's persting in tears. Dad's like, oh my god, I've actually slicted it with the knie.
Speaker 2: Christmas ruined. Straight to emergency.
Speaker 1: Everyone, get your toys in the car. We'll go on the medical. No, no stitches, and actually I think there was there might have been a stitch or and the crackling.
Speaker 2: Did you eat the crackling before you went to the hospital.
Speaker 6: Cold?
Speaker 1: No, that's where mum goes.
Speaker 4: I'll get the alfail's straight in the oven, getting.
Speaker 1: Plates out of them, your parents, mum.
Speaker 2: My nana used to warm the plate.
Speaker 1: Or you go to use the sink and it's like was it hot water and plates in the seak?
Speaker 2: Yeah, plates soaking, So they're not called for Christmas dinner.
Speaker 1: That is it. Well, you get out of here. Thank you for being I go. Thanks to spending Christmas Day with us.
Speaker 2: Yes, have a great day everyone, and we're thinking of those who are without loved ones today too.
Speaker 1: It's a magic day, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's a ripper. It is an absolute ripper. So yeah, Merry Christmas to all. Hopefully it's been an amazing day. And you said we are thinking of you for those who don't have all their loved ones with them today, have.
Speaker 2: A great day round. Put you stretch your pants on it as much as you can. No rules on Christmas.
Speaker 3: And a big shout out to those people who can't be with their family because they're serving dinner to Clint family tonight.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a late one guys, and they get this sweet double time and a half page today.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Everyone, have a great days gonna.
Speaker 4: Be Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on No.
Speaker 2: One hundred. Jason Lauren only good on Socials