Speaker 1: Lee, welcome the Late Bay.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening, It's great to have your company. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and filling in for Caleb Bond, who's home unwell tonight. We wish you all the best. Caleb is Denika de Georgio. We've got a lot to get through tonight, including Sunshine Coast Twins go viral around the world after a TV interview. You've got to see to believe. We'll show you that a little later. Plus when we look at what's making news tomorrow, Peter Dutton with a big announcement on defense spending and the cyclist involved in a crash involving Dan Andrews awarded a massive payout. All of that coming up shortly, but first let's start the program by asking how do you think the Teals elected on a platform of transparency and integrity are going. Here's how Teal MP Monique Ryan began when elected to Parliament three years ago. Have a listened.
Speaker 3: In recent years, the people of Australia have lost faith in our political system. We have been shamed by the lack of integrity and transparency that it has shown. We have lost trust in its processes. And have become disaffected and disappointed.
Speaker 2: Well that was then, But here's Melik Ryan. Now, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: We don't want to interrupt, but we just wanted to. Yeah, we are well in the interest of bit of transparency.
Speaker 5: We just thought maybe we just want to know how your campaign's going this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks, Laura, I am here to engage your photos through a prepole.
Speaker 2: It's at election. Yeah, so I'm not.
Speaker 3: Sure that this really ideal for you to be interrupting that process.
Speaker 4: Have you had any other have you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what process our Sky News colleague Laura Jays was interrupting. If Meniku Ryan wants to engage with voters, I would have thought, Liz and Anika that talking to the media is a pretty good and standard way to engage with voters. Is this what the teals mean by politics done differently?
Speaker 4: Clearly?
Speaker 1: Clearly it looks exactly like the old model.
Speaker 4: So I'm a little bit confus here.
Speaker 1: It always amuses me when politicians do this while they're scurrying away from cameras, being like, oh, I'm in the middle of something else. I've got somewhere else to be talk to us, like where your employer, because we are we pay your salary, we elect you, we get to decide whether or not you get another gig, and you bet your bottom dollar, lady. There are plenty of people in Quyong who watch Sky, so by talking to Laura Jays, you're probably talking to thousands of those voters whose votes.
Speaker 4: You want to turn in your direction.
Speaker 1: Probably not going to happen, though, if you're watching Sky, Tanika.
Speaker 6: No, definitely not.
Speaker 5: And look here we go again with that money crime. Sorry doctor money cry, Please don't get that wrongs getting that one.
Speaker 6: Rosbie is DoD Monique Ryan. But look here we go again.
Speaker 5: There seems to be some confusion for a person who was elected on a platform of integrity and transparency, doctor Monique Ryan just can't quite grasp that concept.
Speaker 6: Now. What I particularly liked it from that clip was she couldn't just come out and you know, say a couple of lines.
Speaker 5: She then had to get a junior staffer, I presume it was a junior staffer to trot ride in and then say to Laura Jay's, no, no, sorry, she doesn't want to speak. There she is on screen again. If you're at a public spot, you want to be elected, you can't be acting shocked and surprised when the media comes knocking at your door wanting to ask genuine questions about integrity, because well, who could forget this classic moment from Anique Ryan only a few weeks ago on the ABC.
Speaker 2: You'd have to give that some thought.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, I would think that it would be clear.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think.
Speaker 4: I'd have to give you some thought.
Speaker 5: Oh dear, it never gets any better to watch that. But this just is what bothers me about the tials. And I'm not just talking solely about Monique Ryan. I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: All of the tills.
Speaker 5: They always run away when it comes to anything that I want to talk about. It's run, run, run, Well, how are you supposed to vote for you if you're going to run away?
Speaker 2: Well, it's your point out. It's not just the teal politicians who run away, it's also their husband's his Monique Ryan's husband taking down liberal coreflute signs and running away.
Speaker 6: They hang on, mate, what are you doing? I'm taking the yeah, beg you pardon, I'm taking the side out.
Speaker 3: What are you doing that for?
Speaker 4: It's on public land.
Speaker 2: What amazes me, Liz is how many sections of the media continue to fam over the Teals who have been exposed over the past three years as rank hypocrites when it comes to integrity and trans experiency. They're as bad as everybody else. They are not distinguishing themselves at all, and yet certain sections of the media continue to fawn over them as if there's some new revelation of political discourse in the country. They're not. They're the same as everybody else, if not worse.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and it's going to be very interesting to see how they go this second round, because only once can you tell people we're going to be so different, We're going to be standouts this lot. We are not like them. You can't pull that one trick pony twice.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Around the nation yesterday, early voting centers opened everywhere the game is on, except for in Quaker's Hill, where a truck bearing liberal signage pulled into the Quaker's Hilk Community Center and promptly struck the voting center so hard it shunted its roof on to the vehicle, So that has been shut down for safety purposes.
Speaker 4: So if you're in Quakers.
Speaker 1: Hill and you are hoping to go to your early voting center, well it's just not gonna happen. But get this, when the driver realized what he'd done, he promptly removed the Liberal signage.
Speaker 4: Here is, oh, here is. We're watching him do it, So nobody knew that this was a Liberal truck that had done this.
Speaker 1: No, no, he's designaging here's truck.
Speaker 4: So it could have been any truck.
Speaker 1: It could have been anyone that had done this, which makes it even more hilarious.
Speaker 4: I mean, you did the crime. Just put your hand up and be like, ah, you.
Speaker 2: Know why the Liberal Party truck crashed, don't you. It didn't turn right hard enough. That was the problem. But of course it makes a mockery of the Liberal slogan back on track. It certainly doesn't seem to be back on track, but at least they can say their campaign hasn't been a train wreck.
Speaker 5: You are really rolling out these punk rehearsing all night. Look, the cover up is always worse than the crime, is it. I mean, they shouldn't have been ripping that material.
Speaker 6: Off, though.
Speaker 5: I do spare a thought for the people of Quakers Hill now because the Australian Electoral Commission has come out saying that perhaps this facility, this particular pre pole facility may need to be relocated in the next couple of days because of this accident.
Speaker 6: You're a thought for Quaker's Hill.
Speaker 2: At the very least, Sime stopped the voats and stopped the vote.
Speaker 6: That's live.
Speaker 4: We're roof off this play. That's how amazing we are.
Speaker 1: Well, if you miss the leader's debate tonight, news flash, you missed nothing. They said nothing except for the same old, crusty lines that you've already heard for weeks. I've said it before, these debates.
Speaker 4: Fall on deaf ears when for.
Speaker 1: The better part of an hour, whoever is currently in power and their opponent, in this case the leaders, but we've heard from.
Speaker 4: The energy ministers, et cetera, and so on.
Speaker 1: All they seem to do at nauseum is state facts the other one. It chooses them of lying, then the other one. It chooses the other one of lying, and everyone sat at home going okay, well, who's telling the truth. For a perfect example of this from tonight's debate, look no further. When they got to the hot topic of health cuts.
Speaker 7: The Prime Minister stands here with a straight face and says what he knows not to be true, And I think again, it'd be great to see him called out because he continues to repeat these mistruths and Australians deserve better from Well they're prime, Minister, that's true.
Speaker 8: You described it as a cut if you were twenty fourteen budget described it as a cut as a saving.
Speaker 2: If you'll been honest, fifty health EACHYB and education.
Speaker 8: You ripped eighty dollars out of those two items in two thousand and four.
Speaker 7: Minister, you couldn't liice straight in bed. Honestly, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It can go to abuse. Well, it's just the gas for real abuse.
Speaker 8: That's a sign of desperation. Frankly, as he's lying, that's a sign of desperation.
Speaker 1: And nobody's sitting at home. Is any the wiser telling the truth here? Nobody knows and who's got the time to do the research. That's why they watched the debate. They're trying to get a clear idea about these two and what they stand for. But I got to give it to him Albo when asked about cost of living, well, he did really well tonight.
Speaker 7: Are you prepared to repeat that pledge that in another three years time?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: We certainly want people to be better off in three years time, and that is what it's about.
Speaker 1: But that's what you said three years ago, and nobody is I got to say. I think the star of tonight's debate was the moderator, who, before either of them had said a word, opened the debate by saying, well, guys.
Speaker 4: The polls show that one in three Aussies isn't voting.
Speaker 1: For either of you, so go your hardest. I'm paraphrasing, but I thought it was a mic drop moment just to look at the amount of Assies.
Speaker 4: That's a huge majority.
Speaker 1: Well not majority, but obviously one in three that is massive, being like, we are not voting for either of the major parties this time round.
Speaker 4: Was sick of both of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And this is the problem right now because look, I actually think that Peter Dutton performed very well in that debate. I think it was his sharpest performance compared to the one on the ABC last week where he did look more stress more nervous, even though.
Speaker 6: I thought that was good.
Speaker 5: But the thing for Peter Dutton now is he needs some knockout blows. There's only two weeks left of the campaign. He now has to come firing on all fronts because the Poles are against him. There are a lot of disillusioned voters out there. The soft vote is higher than ever and he needs to try and convince those voters to come over to his side.
Speaker 6: Form very well.
Speaker 5: The question is that going to be enough now to convince the disillusioned voter, to convince the undecided voter.
Speaker 6: I'm not so sure. Again.
Speaker 5: Albanisi showed his true colors tonight when it came to the cost of living. It goes to show he really, in the last three years hasn't quite got a grasp on what the cost of living crisis is. My standout moment of this debate though, was when the leaders were both asked about the would you preference another party? And this is what they said, have a look at this.
Speaker 4: Will you do a deal with minority parties?
Speaker 6: Prime Minister no, mister Dutton, not with.
Speaker 7: The Greens, but with independence. And that's not a truthful answer from the Prime Minister there of this. It's not that the Labor Party will fall over themselves to do a deal.
Speaker 2: With the Greens.
Speaker 4: It's it's just you preference them.
Speaker 8: Truth put forward put forward by Peter Well.
Speaker 5: We obviously know that Anthony Albanesi is lying here because the polls say it's like to be a minority. A minority Labor Greens and Till's government a couple of tills scattered in here and there. Anthony Albanesi will definitely do a deal with the Greens when push comes to shove.
Speaker 6: We saw it back in the Gillard era.
Speaker 5: It was a disaster back then, but this brand of Greens is even more dangerous. They are a disaster for this country. And we can rest assured that Anthony Aarbernesi, despite his ducking and weaving on the issue, he will do a deal if he has to.
Speaker 2: Jake, I'm sure he will. What's fascinating, and you made the point. Peter Dutton's got, what is it, ten days left of this campaign. He's got to come out firing and this, to me is the fascinating part of tonight's debate and the next week and a bit going forward. Peter Dutton has to nail Anthony Albanesi. But the problem he has is people are put off by his hard man image. So he's trying to sell himself as soft and as relatable and as a guy that we would all warm to. But it's very hard to maintain that image while nailing the Prime Minister as a liar and a fraud. And you saw that in the that you played earlier, Liz, where he's accusing Anthony Albanesi of not being able to lie straight in bed. But he's just not that convincing because instead of going really hard, you feel like he's pulling his punches because he knows he can't come across as a hard man. Richard Miles, the Deputy Prime Minister, made the point after the debate that Dutton had come across as agro and it's very clear what the Labor Party are going to do. Anthony Alberzi accused Peter Dutton of being personal and launching abuse at him during the debate. So Dutton's got this problem. He's got to really nail Anthony Albanesi as deceitful and as a liar. And that's surely Elbanese's weakness in the electorate two hundred and seventy five dollars power decrease. We all know that was a lie, but how does he make that point forcefully enough while still being a good guy who's not the tough image that so many voters are rejecting. The leaders were asked what they admired about each other, which is always an interesting way of gauging not only their relationship but how gracious they are. Here's the response, are.
Speaker 6: Three things you would admire about him?
Speaker 8: Three I only ever prepare for.
Speaker 6: One was a problem.
Speaker 8: Let me say this, he that's way above his average with Kiraly.
Speaker 2: He has a terrific family.
Speaker 8: I've had the privilege and he clearly cares about them, and that's a terrific thing. Longevity in politics he's been We've been in Parliament for basically the same amount of time, almost both been there for more than twenty years.
Speaker 2: That's an achievement.
Speaker 7: Acknowledged the Prime minister's support of UCAS from opposition, and it wasn't an easy outcome. As he pointed out, he was satisfied that nuclear energy was safe, but he'd got that through the caucus, which was a difficult thing and aucus when we negotiated it, it was about underpinning our security for the next century.
Speaker 2: I don't how many people who have noticed how clever Peter Dutton was there. He congratulated Anti Albanzi on his support of ORCUS and managing to Convince Caucus that nuclear energy was safe, which of course goes to the labor campaign against nuclear power. Yeah, being used in the grid Dnika.
Speaker 6: Clever work by correct.
Speaker 5: I think the problem though with this debate overall, was it covered the same ground that we've heard time and time again, and what we actually want to see is a differentiation in policies and we yet.
Speaker 6: To see that, unfortunately.
Speaker 5: But look, let's move on, because of course it is Anzac Day this week.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know about you, but when I was in school, it was a day that we celebrated. It was a day that we paused to.
Speaker 6: Remember and it actually had meaning and significance.
Speaker 5: We were taught about the history of our ANZACs and it really really was important. But the question now in twenty twenty five is how many school students actually now understand the important meaning behind that day. But there is now a new push to teach Ossie students about why war matters. I'm surprised we even have to go there. But the Center of Indo Pendant Studies adjunct fellow doctor Fiona Mueller says that students should be discussing the bigger meaning behind Anzac Day, such as why a free and democratic country goes to war and why it matters. In twenty twenty five, she said the number of young people who would be willing to fight for their country had decreased to just twenty seven percent. And she's blaming a lack of young people willing to fight for Australia a lack of understanding about the core Anzac values which we all know and love courage, makeship and sacrifice as well as humor to forge our nation's identity. Now, back in twenty thirteen, there was quite a disturbing survey which came out and it actually found that our students find Anzac day history deadly, boring and irrelevant to their lives. It found that students are more likely to value indigenous perspectives learning about the Stolen generation.
Speaker 6: At exploring history through refugee stories.
Speaker 5: And that is exactly the problem here because what we are seeing now and I think this is a direct correlation to this story, is in doctrination in schools, because kids are being taught not about the values that our Anzak's left us, and also that soldiers who continue to fight for us those core values.
Speaker 6: Of matship, perseverance.
Speaker 5: It's no longer that it is learning about indigenous culture, it is apologizing to the stolen generation. It is young children being told no, no, no, it is your fault. It is your fault. And this is why the culture wars matter, because this next generation is being brainwashed into completely thinking that we are the enemy here in this country. That's why we see the protests on Australia Day, that is why we constantly see these people wanting to tear down the colony, as they constantly say. And that's what I think the key issue here is this is what the left want, and this is a direct result of the lefts indoctrination.
Speaker 2: They've spent decades reshaping and diluting our traditions and our institutions. And so now we find ourselves with the Chinese and the Russians starting to eye off our vast compt which is completely defenseless, containing rich minerals, and only about a quarter of our young people say they'd bother to fight for our country. Well, of course they wouldn't bother fighting for our country, having been taught, as you said, Danika, about how terrible our country has been, the illegitimacy of our country, rather than the Anzac spirit the courage, the sacrifice, and why it was so important that we defended liberty and democracy. Of course, human nature being what it is is, you'd always prefer to hear the negative side of things and how bad and how evil things were, rather than the stories of heroism and sacrifice. But of course those stories aren't even being told. Kids learn the date of Gallipoli landing, they learn the geography of it, but it's never explained to them why that battle was so important, why Australians were so motivated to fight. And we've got a real problem on our hands at a time where everybody is saying we live in a very precarious geopolitical situation. Our young people have been indoctrinated to leave that our country is bad.
Speaker 1: Indeed, no wonderingly twenty seven I'm surprised it's that high. Actually, twenty seven percent would fight for this country. I wouldn't fight for this country, and God knows I'm a fighter.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: People want to say, oh, it's complicated, it's nuanced. It's a culmination of reasons, multifarious reasons as to why every single Western country cannot recruit to their military. Every single Western country is struggling to make anywhere near the number that they're allowed to have by law in their armed forces. And this is the reason why, in my humble opinion, and this is also the reason why I say I would not fight for Australia as it is today.
Speaker 4: The answer is, we don't have.
Speaker 1: A homogeneous society anymore.
Speaker 4: A third of us weren't even born.
Speaker 1: Here, and people who come here have divided loyalties. I'm not blaming them for that. If I came from somewhere else, my ultimate loyalty would be to my motherland. You can bet your bottom dollar back. In the seventies, Malcolm Frasier and Golf Whitlam decided that multicultural Australia was going to be a multicultural society. We were going to throw out our homogeneous society. We were not going to stop requiring people who come here to assimilate.
Speaker 4: Instead, now we.
Speaker 1: Welcome millions of people from all over the world and encourage them to keep their own culture, to keep their own.
Speaker 4: Set of values.
Speaker 1: And they have moved here in the millions, and what do they do when they get here. They find enclaves of their own communities and they live there. We do not have a homogeneous society. We do not have shared values. How many times have we seen this play out in our streets over the last couple of years, very precarious times here in d I'm running out of breath.
Speaker 4: I'm so passionate about this.
Speaker 1: But I was watching a show recently and every single ad break was a recruitment for our Australian Defense Force, and I was like, mate, these guys are going hard. But in wars of the past, there was no trouble with recruitment men. Kids were lying about their age to get to the front lines. Why they fought for countries that still had homogeneous cultures. When they said I'm fighting for God and country, they meant one God all the same, and they also meant my country, my culture. These people are my people. We share the same values, we share the same ethos. We are pulling in the same direction, and that is what I'm going to war for, because that's not going to change. You mention Russia, you mention China. You mentioned bricks, which we do not talk enough about. They are amassing such a huge number of countries that would be ready to do great damage to us. But these are homogeneous cultures.
Speaker 6: They all hail soitarium. He raise a good point.
Speaker 5: I don't think that the problem is is I don't think we know what we're fighting for anymore. But that's what and that's what identity I think. I think that the war is actually now being fought on our land through these It has become almost like tribalism really when you think about it, because the divisions in our society.
Speaker 6: And I completely agree with you on.
Speaker 5: That that people have imported their cultures here that don't necessarily I'm not talking everybody, some people have imported that culture here and they do not align with our values, or our society, or with a Western democracy, and that's the problem. So that the war is no longer on an international front. It's like we're fighting a war here in our own backyard.
Speaker 2: We mentioned our values, and the problem is people find out very difficult to enunciate what our Australian values. And typically you'll hear our political class say well, diversity is our strength, but of course diversity is not a strength, and no one's going to fight for diversity because diversity is not something you can unify around. So it's because of our values that we're able to handle diversity. But diversity in and of itself is not something that anybody is going to fight for because that's not a unifying feature. So the problem is we can't identify values, and if you can't identify values, there's nothing for anyone to fight for. So we've got to come together around what is our defining feature. It's not diversity. We're to come back to it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not going to happen for the reasons I just described. But we know every state and territory in Australia except for Tasmania, is desperate for police recruits.
Speaker 4: Some states have.
Speaker 1: Vacancies of fifteen hundreds. Some states have vacancies of two thousand offices that they're looking to recruit. So one wonders, has Thailand just unveiled.
Speaker 4: The future solution to this problem?
Speaker 1: Check out this bad Boy, being hailed as.
Speaker 4: The world's first RoboCop.
Speaker 1: It's equipped with three hundred and sixty degree cameras for eyes, facial recognition, weapons detection. This bad Boy can identify suspects, monitor threats, and sends data directly back to a central command center in real time. Ladies and gentlemen, we have seen the future and it is terrifying.
Speaker 4: I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 10: Put Daniel weapon, you won't two seconds to complay.
Speaker 4: I think you'd better do what he says, Mitter.
Speaker 11: Kenny sense.
Speaker 12: Fifteen quarant.
Speaker 4: Truly terrifying stuff.
Speaker 1: And then we've got Alon Masks, the tech Wizard of the World, talking about the fact that he's in the process of putting together a minimum of five thousand Optimius robots.
Speaker 11: So this year we hopefully we'll be able to make about five thousand Optimus robots. We're technically we're aiming for enough parts to make ten thousand, maybe twelve thousand. We're succeeding if we get to half of the tenth you know, half the ten thousand now, but even five thousand robots, that's the size of a Roman legion, which is like a little scary thought, Like a whole legion of robots, I'd be like, whoa.
Speaker 1: How long before that thing's running you down and putting a bolt through your brain?
Speaker 4: I mean, these are truly terrifying times.
Speaker 1: It's Oh my goodness, I genuinely am not intense.
Speaker 6: I am genuinely scared.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine coming up again said that this called a AI police cyborg? I would be terrified if that thing was staring me down the eye. Apparently it is extremely tall. It towers over the rest of the force, and that's.
Speaker 6: Apparently a huge giveaway.
Speaker 5: It has a three hundred and sixty degree AI camera for eyes, allowing it to track what is going on at all times.
Speaker 6: I really worry about this personally.
Speaker 5: I do not like the idea of safety and security being dictated by a giant robot. Where is that information going, who is it filming, where is it filming.
Speaker 6: Where does that data go?
Speaker 5: There's so many unanswered questions, and it comes back to the whole issue of artificial intelligence, one that is clearly unregulated around the world, unregulated here in this country. I would be very scared, to be honest, I'm very worried about this.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't trust the government with the robotic police officer.
Speaker 5: Would you trust the government with a robotic cop that towers over everybody?
Speaker 4: James?
Speaker 2: It makes so much sense. My problem with these things you can't negotiate with them, you can't talk to them or reason with them, so they're pre programmed. There's no nuance at all, which is why in twenty twenty, when the New York Police Department introduced the Digidog, which was a robotic police dog. Very quickly, residents were up in arms. It didn't help that they introduced these robotic dogs in public housing, which just got everybody up in arms. But the New Yorkers did not put up with this. So it'd be interesting to see whether thaie people. I can understand. In China they're using robotic police dogs. They've got a robotic police sphere that rolls across land and through water twenty two miles per hour, chasing potential criminals. I'm not sure whether in democratic nations we would put up with these things. Hey, we've just had easter, right, and so get this. The day after Jesus rose from the dead, Klaus Schwab, head of the World Economic Forum, resigned coincidence.
Speaker 4: I think not.
Speaker 2: I think not. Klaus Schwab, who, as I said, heads up the World Economic Forum, announced his resignation with a statement saying, following my recent announcement and as I enter by eighty eighth year, I've decided to step down from the position of chair and as a member of the Board of Trustees with immediate effect. Now, of course, the World Economic Forum essentially is a shadow government, exercising influence without election and policy without consent. Klaus Schwab began in nineteen seventy one gathering elites from around the world in Davos to plan how they could implement a globalist society, which, of course is the enemy of national sovereignty and of many of the freedoms that we enjoy. Klaus Schwab will now end his chairmanship of the World Economic Forum, and I'm proud to say I've not yet eaten bugs. I do own things. However, I'm not very happy because their influence has been quite pernicious. Of course, the election of Donald Trump has started to undermine Klaus schwall globalistic dreams. His Trump speaking at the World Economic Forum. I don't know. Maybe this is why Klaus Schwab was chosen to get out.
Speaker 9: My administration has taken action to abolish all discriminatory diversity, equity and inclusion nonsense. And these are policies that were absolute nonsense throughout the government and the private sector. With the reason yet somewhat unexpected great Supreme Court decision just made America will once again become a merit based country. You have to hear that word merit based country.
Speaker 2: When you hear Trump talking like that at the World Economic Forum, is you realize why Trump was so opposed, Because, of course Klaus Schwab boasted he had young World Economic Forum leaders positioned in places of power influence right around the world, justin Trudeau being one of the most famous. I think just Sinta Adirn another one in New Zealand. I don't think this is the end of the world. It can make Forum by any stretch. I think Claus Schwab is smart enough to orchestrate a change so that it continues to exercise influence. But you do have pushback from people like Trump, from meloo in Argentina, from the Prime Minister of Italy. So the battle is well and truly on between nation states and globalist elites.
Speaker 1: Venue the arnofficial one World government, I mean, the globalist will rebrand. There's no way Claruk Schwab is going to be replaced by someone good.
Speaker 4: But this was the guy who.
Speaker 1: Told everyone to eat the bugs, who campaigned for climate de grow through really weird digital policies that everybody else knows and indeed referred to as digital communism, like as Central Digital Banking System and all the rest of it. This guy stood for everything we rail against, and he'll be replaced by somebody else who does as well. Is a clip of him acknowledging that it's not working. Everything I've built, everything I've campaigned for tirelessly. I'm about to turn eighty eight, and none of it's worked.
Speaker 12: You have this anti system movement. What we are seeing is a revolution against the system. So fixing the pression system is not enough now, as it is, of course a anti system which is called libertarianism, which means to tear down everything.
Speaker 4: Which creates.
Speaker 12: Some kind of influence of government into private lives.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, and that's a marvelous thing. And thank god populist governments are now arising that have pushed back very comprehensively on the WEF's woke ideologies as well as all their climate policies, with things like trumpling out of the parasp Cords Denika, which of course the WEF in the UN you're basically talking about the same body there. They've got to know for at least the next four years.
Speaker 4: The writings on the wall. Of course it is.
Speaker 5: And that's why I think conveniently he's jumped ship. Look the world Economic Forum, and like other groups like the United Nations. They're almost like these giant overlords, aren't they. They don't actually do anything properly for the people. The WIF once preached that you'll own nothing and you'll be happy. Well, they are completely detached, let's be realistic from the lives of ordinary people. You've got Klaus who often wears his little Game of Thrones outfit if you've seen it. I don't know why he wears this little black suit that he wears, but.
Speaker 1: On that occasion he was receiving a doctorate degree.
Speaker 4: Nobody looks like an honor.
Speaker 6: Again again, it goes to the overlord themes. All right, fine, it was doctor a grave, but it's an overlord thing.
Speaker 5: But it is an agenda with a centralized control model. And the other thing I would also say about Klaus is is that he actually wrote a book called COVID nineteen The Great Reset in when he basically said what a wonderful thing COVID nineteen is for the world.
Speaker 6: Again, this is a man so out of touch.
Speaker 5: I think that he's jump ship at the right time because he knows that Donald Trump has come in and saying we don't want any more of this sort of nonsense and he's gone.
Speaker 2: There is another possibility as to why he's chosen to get out now, he said, as you pointed out, you'll own nothing and be happy. Maybe figures you know what, there's no need for him. Anthony Albanezi has done it for him. Maybe that's the most increase of own very little.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why he thought, well, look, we've got to talk about the ABC, don't we, Because guess what they'll be soon coming to another billboard.
Speaker 6: Next you near you.
Speaker 5: Yes, they are spending more and more of our taxpayer dollars to try and promote themselves. This time they've struck an advertising deal between themselves and Australia's outdoor media company called oh Media. Oh Media, and we'll see the public broadcasters news content featured on billboards on street furniture around the country. And it's going to cost you and I in between three million to four million dollars annually over the next four years. It's going to take effect in the next couple of months. So look what we've got a situation here now is millions of dollars our money is now being spent.
Speaker 6: So to remind everyone.
Speaker 5: That they've got to watch the ABC and that's a solution to why nobody is watching the ABC. So well done to the chairman, well done, more waste of our money.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with this. I mean, overall they have one point one billion dollars in funding. If they spend what three million dollars on advertising, that's pretty conservative, effects vaguely conservative thing about the ABC. But we can't have it both ways. We can't say no one watches the ABC and the ABC aren't allowed to let people know what is available. I think that would be wrong to do that. The question is whether they're advertising is misplaced because clearly it's not working, or whether perhaps the content they're advertising is not what people want.
Speaker 13: Why do you have to advertise a free product like people really not know about the national broadcaster? Really, there's people living in Australia who need to see ads that are like watch the ABC.
Speaker 6: They are oh what's the ABC?
Speaker 4: Never heard of it?
Speaker 6: If they don't tune in.
Speaker 13: If they don't advertise, I don't product to watch when it's free and people still aren't taking you up away offer.
Speaker 1: In my suburb at the moment, it's that dumping time where everyone puts their stuff that they don't want out on the curb, and people come with their cars all the time. I see them out on my walk literally just rating the sidewalks.
Speaker 4: People love free stuff, But when it.
Speaker 1: Comes to the ABC, these guys honestly think spending three to four million dollars on advertising is going to up their ratings. They've got Buckley's chance, it's free and people still don't want you.
Speaker 2: I think they're three million dollars advertising is well spent. It makes sure that I know what I'm not going to be watching. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, look at what's making news, including Peter Dutton with a big announcement on defense, all of that more in just a moment. Welcome back. Let's look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. Will start with the Queensland Career Mail. The headline there reads Dutton's big Guns Opposition pledged to spend twenty one billion dollars on defense. I should point out that's twenty one billion dollars more than the Labor Party are intending on spending redefense. Peter Dutton would invest twenty one billion dollars into Australia's defense program over five years if he's elected Prime Minister, live thing spending to two point five percent of GDP by the end of the decade, amid increased competition with China and Russia in the Indo Pacific. The article goes on to say that Dutton will announce the injection of an extra twelve billion dollars over the next four years, with the remaining nine billion to be spent by twenty thirty, now with ten days to go to the election. Clearly the Coalition believe this is their strength national security, and indeed that's been the case. So he'll accuse Labor of making Australia less safe, and it's a good argument. I mean, we've had Chinese warships off the coast of Sydney with live ammunition being fired. We only know about it because thankfully a Virgin pilot managed to pick up on it. We've had Russians wanting apparently to have bases in Indonesia and Albanesi has not handled any of that transparently or well. So it's a good argument to make the Labor government say we're living in precarious times. Well, what are they doing? They're spending clearly is a lot short of what it should be on defense. The question lives is whether enough voters care about this as a singular, singularly important issue that they would vote for the coalition despite thinking that Labour are probably better on things like cost of living, which are probably felt more keenly than the idea that we may be invaded by a foreign power.
Speaker 4: Indeed, two things on this.
Speaker 1: Firstly, why would you leave it this late to announces.
Speaker 2: Because it coincides with Anzac day?
Speaker 6: It's beautiful, but who cares?
Speaker 1: Sorry that everybody cares about the poeticism of an election policy. L You might you might have put that together, but the average punter reading this headline will not be like, oh, because it's Ian zach on Friday.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Secondly, I'm sorry, it really doesn't matter what Darton pledges in my honest opinion, because of the end of the day, I've been in politics for over ten years. That's not including my time in media. I've worked for politicians across the board. Polls get people hopeful, bloody blah dy blah. At the end of the day, all that matters is the electoral math, and in order for the Libs to flip over twenty seats. God himself would have to flex. I'm sorry, it's just not going to happen this time round.
Speaker 4: And you can quote me on election man.
Speaker 5: I actually think this is great. I do agree though with Liz that this should have happened a lot sooner. Do people care though this late in the game, I'm not so sure. I don't think it's going to flip votes. It's a really good policy. We know, like a lot of experts actually say that we are not we don't have the capability right now to defend ourselves in the event of war because our defense is so weak right now, it's gone woke. We know that there is the recruitment issues. Great policy, but I just think maybe too little, too.
Speaker 2: Late that The other part that he's going to announce tomorrow, which I did think was interesting, was a new National Defense strategy, which at first we may roll our eyes singing on another white paper from the Defense Department. What will be unique about it, and it was something pushed for by the late Senator Jim Molan is it won't be put together by bureaucrats, still be put together by eminent Australians who have expertise and experience in this area, and it'll be the first defense strategy in a number of years reflecting the changed environment. I think that's a good idea as well, enough to win an election. Probably not, No, probably not at this point.
Speaker 5: Well, let's move on now to the Herald Sun. Their headline is Dan Crash Hush cash. A cyclist struck by Daniel and Catherine Andrews SUV has pocketed a secret out of court settlement worth several hundreds of dollars. Major law firms Slater and Gordon has hundred thousand. Sorry, major law firms Slater and Gordon has agreed to hand over the massive payout to bike boy Ryan Muhlman. Just weeks before an explosive Supreme Court trial was due to begin, Ryan's lawyer confirmed a confidential set had been reached over the families claim that the law firm failed to act in his best interest in the aftermath of the crash. But the dispute is far from over with, with the Mulmans moving to pursue the former Victorian premier and his wife directly through the courts over the near fatal twenty thirteen crash. Look, this is a long this has been an ongoing saga. Really, that has been twelve years. It's been a long time. It's clearly not going away. Obviously it's difficult to talk about given it is now legal matter, but it is not going away. And I think that realistically the public deserve transparency on this matter. I mean, it's been something that has dogged him since he was premier.
Speaker 2: That's the astonishing thing about this case. And as you said, it's an ongoing court issue. But for something to be going on this long, involving such prominent people is quite quite amazing.
Speaker 1: Indeed, to the front page of The Australian now clamped down on spending, IMF warns, tell us something we don't know. Australia's next government must rebuild its fiscal buffers, clean up public to spending and urgently enacts enact tax reform in preparation for a sharp slow down in economic growth as Donald Trump's global trade war increases the chance of a US recession. The International Monetary Fund says, well, thanks for that grocery list of things that neither of the leaders have talked about this entire campaign season.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: It is such a statement of the obvious and great article. You should read the rest of it. Great work by Matthew Krenston and Jack Qua. But seriously, now we're getting advice from the other side of the world for what the average punter on the street knows. And yet again we have not heard either of the men running to be the next prime minister or the current one just copy paste discuss.
Speaker 4: Any of those.
Speaker 5: No, it's been like the their elephant in the room this election campaign. Not one of them have come out with serious economic policy for this country.
Speaker 6: We had Peter Dutton come out.
Speaker 5: It was a thought more than anything about to change the tax system, but it was a thought bubble. There wasn't anything concrete, and that should have happened at the start of the campaign.
Speaker 6: I do agree.
Speaker 5: I just think that there hasn't been any thought given to how to make deep inroads to try and fix things in our economy.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you hate to live in a country that was both militarily weak and economically weak all at the same time when enemies are circling That would be a terrible thing. Wait, that's the country we're living in and there's no one to help.
Speaker 1: To the second headline on the OS, I'm sick of you white people.
Speaker 4: Shut up, okay.
Speaker 1: The Aboriginal chairman of Wajerk, the corporation established to deliver Australia's biggest native title settlement, has been accused of screaming at his chief executive, telling her she had quote better watch out woman, as you're on noticed end quote. A fellow Woodjack board member also allegedly shouted at Lisa Dobrin, who is not Aboriginal, quote I'm sick of you white people.
Speaker 4: Sit down and shut up. End quote. Well, this sounds like it's going well.
Speaker 1: The Australian has been told of allegations of intimidation, threats and wild workplace scenes involving the three remaining directors at wood Jack, the largest of six Aboriginal corporations created to distribute the benefits of the one point three billion dollar Southwest Native tidal settlement in Perth and the state's southwest.
Speaker 4: Well, this sounds like it's going marvelously.
Speaker 2: The problem, as recorded in the Australian last week, is that this Aboriginal corporation needs to give consent for major infrastructure projects in Western Australia. Those have been delayed while these guys sort themselves out, and as you say, there seems to be a lot going on there. So it's been things like another airport with a runway exactly, is stalled because of infighting in the Indigenous corporation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like a really great cultural organization to be working for James.
Speaker 1: But you think they would have learned from their cultural heritage laws.
Speaker 4: This is wa. This is the state that.
Speaker 1: Made cultural heritage laws in which you needed to get permission from various elders and bodies and whatever if you wanted to extend your driveway or dig a hole in your backyard.
Speaker 4: That's how ridiculous it was.
Speaker 1: And then they had to trash it within months because they realized nobody would be able to do anything. Now they've just created the same problem again, but on a much bigger scale.
Speaker 2: Well, you think labor would learn from the voice, but now they're instituting treaties all over the company. So there you go. We're going to go to a break when we come back. Sunshine Coast Twins. We've gone viral around the world after an incredible television interview will show you that in just a moment. Welcome back, Well, Denika and Liz, I've got twins sons, as you know, and they're twins and they're close, but Liz, they I know when you're as close as this pair of Sunshine Coast sisters that made the news today.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Bridget and Paula Powers have gone viral around the world give an interview after a horror carjacking escapade on the Sunshine Coast. But the escapade was almost just left in the background after people had watched this interview, and once you see it, I won't have to tell you why.
Speaker 10: And one guy, he was up there with our mom, and he went up there and he was coming back down the wards and he goes, run, he's got a gun. And oh, our heart started a pound and I said, well, mom, where's mom? And paul Mama was suck up there by apparently our bravey mom. She goes, are you all right? Because he had all bloood his face.
Speaker 4: Just absolutely remarkable. The interview went for longer, and not once did.
Speaker 1: They falter, talking over the top of each other, but saying exactly the same thing in perfect chorus.
Speaker 5: I just said, I think they are two beautiful women. I love this story. I actually find it very heartwarming. And a bit of background as well their mum actually was very pressured when they were younger to put them into a home, but they screamed, and they screamed when they were apart, so they actually came back together.
Speaker 6: And also they have an understanding of birds.
Speaker 5: They have a very good wildlife knowledge, which I think is very sweet when they want more women like this in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a nice story. As I said, I've got twins and they often have their own strange language, but nothing like that. I saw that clip and just thought that is incredible. Speaking of incredible, check out the family photo posted by Joe Biden for Easter and see if you think it looks a little odd. There's the family minus Hunter, I should point out or sitting on the steps of their Delaware home. But does Joe Biden look a little odd there in his suit, his face made up for TV, and the way he's sitting there will is he standing? He certainly doesn't look like he's part of it, which has led speculation that maybe he's photo shopped himself into that photograph. It wouldn't be the first time, Liz, that Joe Biden's done something incredibly odd.
Speaker 1: It seems so obvious and Keen observers also notice the hand if we get it back up for you, the hand on the young man's shoulder to his left, our right, saying, whose hand is this?
Speaker 4: What what's your being on?
Speaker 1: They've clearly, well allegedly, I should say, rip someone out of the photo and photo shopped either him in their place or in what was a blank space.
Speaker 2: It would be back there seem that way. Well, that's it from us, good night, stick around. Coming up is the readA Penney Show