Speaker 1: And a Lady and a Lady, A lady and Lady Unfiltered. Hey, hey, welcome to another podcast. It is a Lady Unfiltered.
Speaker 2: I'm Hailey and I'm Lauren, and we are besties, business partners, the creators of ade Lady.
Speaker 1: Hello, I say Lossy.
Speaker 2: Media, and we do everything together except bang. Sorry, but your feet are so disgusting. I have just seen the bottom of Lauren's feet.
Speaker 1: Have you showered in the last three weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm pregnant. I can't shower.
Speaker 1: Look at the bottom of her feet. They're black.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna have to fire my cleaner.
Speaker 1: You got buy a ness. They are deddy. It was so foul.
Speaker 3: Look at me. I thought I was so put together. I'm wearing a matching tracksuit for you. Yeah, fucking straightened my hair for you, and then you pig on my feet.
Speaker 1: But look that's what I'm looking at, your giant hooves. Anyway, welcome to another pod.
Speaker 3: And I've got a cough. I sound like a packet a smoker.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's be honest. You're struggling today.
Speaker 3: Oh I just remember that time I said I've given up. Well, no, I really give it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had to go with people that go on maternal leave early. But you're actually ready.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for everyone I've ever given up. She gave up at twenty five weeks. Thirty weeks. Ill work till I'm thirty seven weeks. I'm thinking about just giving up now. Let's just call it quits, thirty weeks. Just let me go, Just let me crawl off to bed.
Speaker 2: The thing is with you, though, is you could do that, but then you wouldn't be able to switch off because it's your own business.
Speaker 1: This is what happens.
Speaker 2: This is the downside of having your own business. Is when you have a baby, you go cool, I've got all the flexibility in the world. No, I can't switch off because what if we don't make money. It's it's my thing I've got I've got seventeen miles to fee and I'm a control freak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is so it's like good in some ways but also really bad in others. Yeah and yeah, So you've got me until probably thirty seven weeks. Do you make seven more weeks of me?
Speaker 1: Thirty seven and five?
Speaker 3: Thirty seven and five?
Speaker 1: Watch your the week?
Speaker 3: Oh do you know I've been thinking and I'm I'm not gonna get emotional about it. But our child, Sophia, Yeah, we collectively share is five next week?
Speaker 1: I know next week.
Speaker 3: And I've just been sitting in bed going through photos. I've watched my birth in video with her like seventy four thousand times. I'm watching her little hand. And then last night she's standing here, she goes, Mum, can I do it real? I think I look really pretty in this dress? Bergio, And I said, you the photo. She's in heels and a white dress and she's dressed for dinner. She's like, can I do it real?
Speaker 1: She's going to a ball, going to doing the peace sign like.
Speaker 3: You and kicking her leg up. And then she said, Dad, can you send this to my teacher so I can show all my class what I wore for dinner?
Speaker 1: What I do?
Speaker 2: You know what five is a big milestone? Five is when you get emotional. Then it's like thirteen, sixteen, eighteen, twenty one. So five is your first like apart from one, obviously, yeah, is your first big like, oh my gosh, she's going to school.
Speaker 3: And the other thing that is like stressing me out is so baby is due on the seventeenth of July. Sofia starts school on the twentieth of July, So like I might not even be able to walk her into her first day of school.
Speaker 1: Oh that is the saddest thing. Yeah, how can we work around that? I don't know to go to her first day of school?
Speaker 3: But you know what it's like with the cesarean, you're literally laid up for like five days.
Speaker 1: Oh god, do you know what this is? Okay?
Speaker 2: What you could do is this is like she's doing one and a half years of reception right, She's starting midyear, So why don't you count next year as the first official year of reception and just pretend that this is just still an EOC.
Speaker 3: But I, like, I love a good lie, but that like I know that, it's not like I know that, like she's walking in those.
Speaker 2: You want me to work with her with that upset you with Bergio and I will you emerge because that would.
Speaker 3: Just feel the rumors even more After Thailand.
Speaker 1: We'll get to Thailand soon.
Speaker 2: That's the theme today, my little My little men is actually something you kind of just mentioned it there, and I really love it. Alfie, my eleven year old, seems to be the theme of My Men every week, but he did something on the weekend and I was like, fuck, I love you. I love you and I love your confidence so much. So getting a haircut in our household is one of the most stressful things. Who would have thought, two boys, they get so anxious before getting a haircut in case it's too short, because then they get.
Speaker 1: Bullied at school and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Right, really, yeah.
Speaker 2: They hate getting their haircut. So I dropped Alfie down to that one on King Willim Road.
Speaker 1: Where women not allowed inside.
Speaker 3: Oh you go there.
Speaker 1: I'm not allowed to go in.
Speaker 2: I'm not even allowed to poke my head in the door and say hey, here's his cash or anything like that, or his instruction.
Speaker 3: Is he having a cigar in there?
Speaker 1: Short black? It's so weird. He's having a little short black, little goufair.
Speaker 2: So he walked in the back door to get his little head on, and I'm thinking, please do it right, please, like give the right instructions so you don't get stressed, because he will cry.
Speaker 1: He gets really upset.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he got in the car and I'll show you the photo. He gets in the car, takes a selfie of himself right with his fresh hair. Car and then he goes to me, this is the best I've ever looked, Mum, send this to all your friends.
Speaker 1: Like, I love that you love the way you look.
Speaker 2: That is because the amount of times I look at a photo of myself and go, you are so disgusting to myself.
Speaker 3: Can I get so angry at when you do that?
Speaker 2: But I do it all the time, and I go, you are happy with the way you look.
Speaker 1: This is the best I've ever looked. So I want to do a thing.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to this, now, find a photo in your phone of a day where you thought you looked really good, and let's share those photos. Let's find a nice photo of yourself and be proud of the way you look.
Speaker 3: I think mine would have been when I was a new born.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the day you wore a bikini and you were six months.
Speaker 3: Old, I was four. I was like, damn, girl, she's in her proud.
Speaker 2: I love the confidence, and I wish the adults had that confidence.
Speaker 3: If I had of Sofia's confidence, you would literally be telling me to calm down.
Speaker 1: That's why you don't want to dull that.
Speaker 2: You don't want them to be Obviously, arrogance is something that you don't want, but you want them to be happy with themselves and happy with the way they look.
Speaker 1: Imagine that this is what we need to bottle up.
Speaker 3: She literally face full of makeup, her hair was done, she had this dress on, and she's just going flicking down. Can I do it real? Same with our feet. They both have this confidence about them that it's either going to land them in jail or get them really far in life. Like I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure they're going to get so far in life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope it's that one.
Speaker 2: I always figure if you struggle academically but you socially are okay, you will do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It actually doesn't because communication skills is like number one.
Speaker 1: Don't you reckon one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Do you know how many times I got told I hope you get paid to talk for a living because it's the only thing you can do.
Speaker 1: Oh, look at that, look directly to Cameron. Say that again.
Speaker 3: I hope you're watching these teachers.
Speaker 2: All right, let's start this episode with there's a theme of the episode, and if our producer Eddie could put some maybe taime music over this, that would be perfect to lead us in I like that.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Thailand.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's humid. My hair's gonna go. Okay, can you smell ups? Oh it's a pud time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of pun time, bit of street food on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: So you just got back. You and my partner Burgo went to Thailand to host a conference. I stayed home and held the fort. It's okay, don't thank me.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is where it gets weird.
Speaker 2: You we were supposed to go to Thailand together, you and I and you're pregnant, and you just got back from overseas not that long ago, and you were like, I can't do it. I can't be in humid weather, be pregnant, and just in case something happened and I guess sick.
Speaker 3: I got so sick over there that I was traumatized about potentially getting sick.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't like you were sitting at home jealous that we were over there, and I was thinking, oh, this is going to be you know, we just go over there to work. It's you know, And I had the best time.
Speaker 3: I didn't, let me be honest, I didn't see much work appening.
Speaker 2: I we had so much fun So Berjo and I went overseas together. And this is the funny thing, is it's very normal for me to be out like that was a normal thing to go, Berjo, you come with me and hang out overseas for six nights in Thailand and do all the experiences together like we were a couple, and to the point that, like people would think that we were husband and wife, and we'd just go let it go because I couldn't be bothered explaining that this is actually my best friend's husband.
Speaker 3: But also, what about what happened on stage where you said you're playing a video of me, and you went my partner, and then Bergo went, no, my partner, and then everyone was like, no, really, we're confused. Whose partner is she?
Speaker 2: So at this conference people thought that you and I were lesbians. Yeah, and he was the sperm donut makes sense, Yeah, which does make it does make sense. But then who's Jimmy my husband? How does he fit into this awkward.
Speaker 3: I hope she's not watching. Jimmy just hangs out because he's like, he's funny.
Speaker 2: So it kind of raises the question, the age old question, can women and men be friends? Yes, I say, see okay, but there are rules I think. Of course, I've grown up my whole life having lots of male friends, especially working in radio, like my co hosts become you've become really close to your male co host, and Jimmy's always been fine with that because I've it's always been platonic. My rule is, you definitely can be friends. Men and women can be friends, but there has to be a rule that you cannot be attracted to each other, because if there's some form of attraction there and someone ends up liking one of them, like one of the two like each other, it's not a friendship anymore, and then it can end really messy. But because Burgo and I have been friends for fifteen.
Speaker 1: Years, longer than you and I, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sick fourteen in a half years, we've been really good friends. And we look at each other like it's like hanging out with you, like we're both I look at him like he's a female, yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like there's nothing there in both ways.
Speaker 2: He looks at you like a sister, Yeah, and you wouldn't bang your sister frown upon.
Speaker 1: No, we just hang out and it's easy, and it's like he said.
Speaker 3: You're You're like the same person. So he goes, I understand. He said to me, I understand why you like us both because we're pretty much the same person.
Speaker 2: And I was like, all right, tickets. I think what it is is we travel like. It is funny when the four of us are together. So my husband, Jimmy, you and your partner Burjo. You and Jimmy are slow, right, and you're you are.
Speaker 1: You're slower to get ready, You're slower, You're just slow.
Speaker 3: And we also talk to people because we're nice.
Speaker 2: I'm like you two, Burjo and I love talking to people, but the right people. And we also like doing a lot of things faster, and so quite often if you see the four of us toget, Burjo and I will be walking like maybe ten steps ahead of you and Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Where's Jimmy? And I are like, ah, how are you? Should we stop and get a coffee?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, hurry up. We have Burjohn I has zero patients.
Speaker 2: And so that's why it worked well together going overseats because we'd get bored very quickly.
Speaker 1: Then we'd move on to the next thing.
Speaker 3: Where's Jimmy? And I just like to what is that revel revel in the revel revel?
Speaker 1: Is it revel revel revel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at amazing worse. Yeah, yeah, we're right. Jimmy and I are quite similar. But I think also Jimmy feels sorry for me because I'm so slow and I've got this tidy little legs kind Jimmy is kind, and you and Berger aren't as kind. Dad, You're the bad cop in this relationship, you and Jimmy do You and Berger will walk off not caring, like I could have a broken leg back here, and You're like, oh, she's so annoying.
Speaker 1: No, you'd be taking up our time. You don't want to get to the next thing.
Speaker 3: Exactly, whereas Jimmy's like, hey, Lauren, you okay, Like, thanks Jimmy, thanks for waiting for your break, your friend.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he puts up with you. It is. It is funny. I think that.
Speaker 2: In most cases, men and women can be friends if they are as no attraction.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 3: And you did things like very for the first time, Burjo took you to your very first ping pong show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so these are the headlines that I want to get to. Lawrence is trying to do a ping pong sound out of her mouth.
Speaker 1: It didn't sound like that, by the way.
Speaker 2: So these are things we're going to get to today. First, ping pong show. Yep, did Burjo actually get a happy ending?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You may have seen something on social media? And did we almost die on a private island? Yes, let's start with the ping pong show.
Speaker 3: All right, ping pong?
Speaker 1: Have you seen right before?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I saw turtles and parrots come out turtle. Yeah. My friends and I were so drunk because they got us in these I don't know whether they do this with you, but for us, we were young. I was with my best friend Billy, and they said, come in, we've got free drinks. You don't say free drinks to a twenty year old, because we are like, where do we go? And we walk in there and they had literally three turtles and a parrot, and because we were so unbelievably pissed, we were joking like the roll call of the animals inside the woman, Oh my god, right, you're up next, you go all right out, all right, next, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: This poor little parrot light flew out with these wet.
Speaker 3: Wings, ooh out. And then at that point we went you know what, We've had our free drinks. We should go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was a very different story to what happened to us. Oh you don't know what happened. Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: So we're on a bus and we'd had we'd been out hosting something, and I was so ready for bed. If you and I were together, we would have gone straight home because I'm boring. We would have gone had a shower and got into bed and like with clean feet and just had the nicest sleep.
Speaker 1: That's all I wanted. Yeah, your feet a fowl. So Burjo being Burgo was a good influence at a bad influence at the same time. So we're in the bus. It's pissing down outside.
Speaker 2: We're out the front of Bengala Road where there's people darting everywhere. It's filthy, it's hot, but it's wet and I've got curly hair.
Speaker 1: I don't like to go out in the rain. No, And I'm like, oh, mate, I just want to go to bed. And then I was like, do you know what something in me is like just say yes.
Speaker 2: Have these experiences, because otherwise I'm not going to remember a day of going to bed, but I will remember a pink punk show.
Speaker 1: So I got out of the bus. It's pissing down with rain.
Speaker 2: We're walking down Bangala Road and this time man's like, I won't impersonate him, but.
Speaker 1: Come with me.
Speaker 3: Come with me.
Speaker 1: Seems legit.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're walking through alleyways, like in the areas that I wouldn't I would feel very unsafe, but it's so funny at.
Speaker 3: That point you just go, I'm safe. This is legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just Burgo and I and we ended up going to this back alleyway and they were like, it's three thousand bar.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's like heaps of money. That seems way too much money.
Speaker 2: I'm not paying fifty bucks to get inside to do a pink Bok show something that I don't want to see.
Speaker 1: Anyway. We're like, no, no, no, not for us. Two besive too expensive. Walked out.
Speaker 2: Of course they're chasing after us. Ended up getting in for a thousand bars each.
Speaker 1: Right, So we walk in. They take your phones, which I was very uneasy about. They didn't take it.
Speaker 2: They took our phones, turned it off, and then you walk inside so you know all how to feel anything, which I was like, what's the point in doing something if I can't get content?
Speaker 3: You don't want to feel anything?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, nothing. So our phones were off so you couldn't contact at this time. If you had have gone on Life three sixty, we would have been off the radar.
Speaker 3: I don't have Life three sixty. I was fast on my I didn't even care.
Speaker 2: So we walk in. We're sitting at the back. Burgos like, should we go closer. I'm like, no, I don't want to go anywhere where I could be hit with a ping pong in my face. So we sit at the back.
Speaker 1: We've got I think I got a coke zero because I was.
Speaker 2: I felt really dirty, and not in a brutish way, but I felt like.
Speaker 1: Uneasy being there. I wasn't. I didn't feel in my safety zone being there at all. I felt really uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this woman is on stage, and I know it's an entertaining show, so she should have been probably more entertaining, but instead she would look very bored.
Speaker 3: Ten times that day.
Speaker 2: I am just gonna stand here with a really like sour of face and pull out a parrot out of my vagina, and you're gonna see it.
Speaker 1: And then you're gonna clap and then I'm going to walk off stage.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, So she did a parrot and then she puts the parrot like she just pops it back in, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't know how big the area is, Like, I don't know what they do.
Speaker 2: Do they put like a cylinder inside so they can just like pop things back up.
Speaker 3: This is one thing I've always wanted to google.
Speaker 2: Same because also then she starts pulling out razor blades.
Speaker 1: That razor blade, No, that's too.
Speaker 2: You have to have like a toilet paper cylinder or something in there that you can just shove stuff up there.
Speaker 1: Then there will live fish fish up.
Speaker 2: Falling into I can't st into like a bowl and swimming around again.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? I also wondered the aim like I can't even like get my weed to hit a toilet bowl that.
Speaker 1: I literally pee.
Speaker 3: I'm like, shit, what happened in here?
Speaker 2: I've found something that they do where they're lying to their entire audience. You know how they the ping pongs. You think they're just being shot out of their fannies.
Speaker 1: So she's bending over and I got a real good look. I've had my.
Speaker 2: Eyes lazer that I can see like I went twenty twenty vision. So she's bending over backwards as though she's popping it out, but she's flicking it towards you.
Speaker 1: That's how it gets movement and air.
Speaker 2: She's she's throwing the ping pongs, so they're not even coming out of her.
Speaker 1: She's just like flicking it into the audience.
Speaker 3: But I feel like I've been lying.
Speaker 2: And then so we at this point. The point that we left the show was a point that they brought out a couch and women started getting on with each other, and I was like, I think this is I think this is the point.
Speaker 1: We need to leave.
Speaker 3: That was the point you decided to let no, no, I missed.
Speaker 1: I missed a key detail in this story. A woman comes over to me.
Speaker 3: I told you this, see I know partial of this story. And he said that you said that I won't tell laurd what say the story.
Speaker 2: So we are sitting there, this woman comes over and again I'm feeling pretty saying this, but I was like, I just.
Speaker 1: Don't feel right. I don't I just want to go home to my safe bed. Please don't touch me. And she comes over. She says, hallo, and she kisses me on the cheek, like embraces me, kisses me on the cheek. And then at that point, I'm so sorry, but I threw him under the bus and I'm like, no, no, no, don't don't touch me. Got things to him him. So she walked over to him.
Speaker 2: And then grabbed his hands, rabbed them, rabbed them, rab them, rabbed them all.
Speaker 1: Over the booms yea, all over her boobs.
Speaker 2: And that was the point that I got defensed and I was like, hang on, that's my best friend's husband.
Speaker 1: We are going And then we packed our stuff and left.
Speaker 2: But then we found out later I can't believe they do this the show after us.
Speaker 1: People that our friends went to the show after us and they got locked in. They tried to leave like weedy.
Speaker 2: Because they were grossed out by it, and they locked the door and said no, you wait to the very end of.
Speaker 3: The show and they had sex and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, they were doing all that stuff. It just felt do you know what, though, glad I did it. I ticked a little box.
Speaker 2: We've spoken about this in a previous podcast about the catch up trap. How Friends these days is going out to cafes and not having new experiences whereas I had this experience, I have this memory.
Speaker 3: And you know what I just want to say as well, when you trust your partner, it's not a thing. Jimmy and I are sitting here going or they went to a ping pong show, all they saw this thing and something's gone.
Speaker 1: You have anything to be jealous about.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm just saying some women and men get jealous. But in my head, I'm like, if you're going to cheat, you'll cheat at Adelaide, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But yeah, so I didn't even that didn't even cross my mind.
Speaker 2: It's not like going to a strip club, you know, but I like, it's almost like a comedy show, like at Fringe.
Speaker 3: And Bergo tells me everything, so there was no weirdness about anything. Like the next thing you're going to talk about, which I know you're going to bring up the massage.
Speaker 1: The message, the message. So you might have seen this on Instagram.
Speaker 3: It's gone viral.
Speaker 1: It did go viral. Yeah, it's gone crazy. So we did. Burgo and I.
Speaker 2: Every day we're getting messages in Thailand, and one particular day we're like, let's do for body massage today. So we walked into our favorite massage parlor, and they did a little curtain thing, and I said to them, first of all, they did the curtain around both beds, and I was like, oh no, no, we're not together. This is my best friend's husband. We need a curtain between us because I don't want him to see me naked.
Speaker 3: And she said, I didn't ask for your life to time.
Speaker 2: She did, but at that point that gave her an idea which will lead us to the next point. While I'm having my massage, I hear Burjo say one thing. There's a little bit of commotion happening in the in the bed next door behind the curtain.
Speaker 1: The commotion was. I hear him say, yes, loose, and I'm like, loose, Why is he saying that? That's so weird? Anyway, I carry on with my massage. I come out.
Speaker 2: He's already paid for his massage and he's wanting to He's not even looking at me. He's looking directly ahead as we're sipping our waters and he's not saying a word.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is weird. Anyway.
Speaker 2: I have my water and I go ready to go, let's go out. As we're walking out, and this is where the video. He started filming me. He told me what happened behind the curtain. Now I'm going to tell you every every single thing that happened behind the curtain. Why did he say loose? Well, it's because she said to him, you're fat before, and she's feeling he's lost seventy year loads, so she's feeling skinned.
Speaker 1: He hasn't like.
Speaker 3: Filled out with muscle yet, so he's like skin and bone. I call him bones these days.
Speaker 2: So she feels him skinned and he goes pardon, he goes, you're very fat before, very fat before, and he goes, yes, loose. So that's the part that I heard when he said yes, loose skin, loose skin.
Speaker 3: But she kept going apparently like like very fat, very He's like, I get it. I was definitely bigger.
Speaker 2: She was calling him King Kong the whole time, I know, which when he was bigger.
Speaker 3: So when we used to travel all the time, like I feel like in Asia sometimes they need to work on their selling points, like they're selling techniques. Because we'd walk down the road and they'd be like, come in.
Speaker 1: We've got King Kong Sun.
Speaker 3: You're very big, you're very fat. I'm like, why don't we start with a bit more like, you know you're tall, Yeah, you're tall boned, tall and big boned. I don't want to be called fat, and so I've been eating a lot of noodles. Over here, I'm feeling a bit fluidy. I just feel like they just need to be a little slightly nicer because even the shop's over there. I went into this shop, but it was like big fat woman's clothing. I'm like, no, yes, which.
Speaker 2: Was Syca sized ten, because everything over there is tiny.
Speaker 1: I'm huge over there.
Speaker 3: I was like, I can't fit into anything in the big fat woman's shop. I'm screwed.
Speaker 1: Maybe fat is a good word over there, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So that happened, and then he continued with his story. And this is something that I didn't know was happening. So she pulled off his pants while he is dummy, and to be fair, my pants also came down. But I would love above message, so I was fine with it. But he wasn't used to this. This is a very unusual thing for a guy to have his pants off. Anyway, Then she said flip over, so he flipped over, and at that point I didn't know this happened, but she she did a little tabby tap tap a tabita tap tap tap, and then he looked up and obviously opened his eyes.
Speaker 1: And because I was next door, and she wanted to, you know, she wanted to be quiet about it. She didn'tant anyone knowing.
Speaker 2: She did the the like this, the face, the face, the mime of you want extra, and he's like no, no. Then she goes a hundred but which is like three dollars, and he's like no, no, no, no, no, sorry, sorry sorry, Because I could hear him saying sorry as well.
Speaker 3: So at this point, what's going through your mind when all you can hear him saying sorry? Like what did you think?
Speaker 1: I just thought maybe you farted or something. I was not thinking that because this is I know what happens in Thailand. Like I'm not dumb. I know that happens.
Speaker 2: But this was a family friendly place. So in Thailand they say there's a vegetarian and a non vegetarian massage. Vegetarian is no meat, no, no sausages. Non vegetarian is there sausages? For see, I'm not a vegetarian. So if anything, I'm going, oh, I don't know, vegetarian.
Speaker 1: You kind of know from the outside about what they're offering. When you walk inside, you kind.
Speaker 2: Of can tell by the layout, and you always try to find the clean place, looks family friendly with a window that people can see in and out.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so anyway, he did not say yes, it did not happen. I promised you.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did.
Speaker 2: Occur to me though after that, Why did he get up early and pay for his massage? Did he pay the extra one hundred tod Why was he sitting there.
Speaker 1: Before I came out?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? I had a dream last night, because you were cover over to do the podcast, I had a dream that we prank called him and I pretended to be someone from a current affair and they've seen his video, And firstly I had to ask, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, you should have done this. Why are we doing this right now?
Speaker 3: Well, we can whether he'd actually done it to be part of our story and then we can get him life he's actually done it, But I'm like, nine to nine point nine, no, he didn't.
Speaker 2: And I said, like I said to him, did you that you didn't do it? He's like, no, she's old, And I was like, what about No? You're marriage.
Speaker 3: Can I ask, because we had this conversation when it got back, is it cheating?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cheating, of course, it's cheating someone else is pleasure in your partner?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Mean, what a weird question.
Speaker 3: Because I'm pregnant. I just like I'm just giving, like I just don't care anymore. It's not like I'm putting out so like. I just like, so did you because it's just like one thing to cross off my list six days. I haven't got to last you for the next three to six months. Enow, I'll see you later because that is what got me here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so funny. Is it cheating? Do you know what's weird? Though?
Speaker 3: You're not gonna leave your husband over I no, I had a girlfriend who was offered it. Like, it's not just to know. I know it's girls as well. It's everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's quite weird over there that it feels normal when you When we spoke about this with other men, they are like, oh, lucky you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're also married. Isn't that a weird thing? To it? Is cheating?
Speaker 3: Non to me?
Speaker 2: To me, I think everyone's different. But to me, it's like, that's not being faithful to your partner.
Speaker 3: No, it is definitely cheating. But this takes me back to if they're gonna do it there, they're gonna do it here. So that's why, Yeah, I trust.
Speaker 1: You, you're doing that, you're doing other things exactly.
Speaker 3: I trust him more than anything. I love him. We've been through our stuff to get and now he's like, I would never want to do that to you because I would never want to hurt you.
Speaker 2: He would also never He's not not doing it just to not hurt you. He's not doing it because he doesn't want.
Speaker 3: To know exactly exactly and he doesn't want to but he considers it cheating too.
Speaker 2: So we did go back to that massage parla every day the next seven days.
Speaker 1: We went back there a few days later, and this is the funniest part.
Speaker 2: So we went back and we're like, let's not do full body because we don't want to be behind the curtain again. We'll just go and get a foot message. So we walked in there and he was nervous to see his lady. So he walked in there, She's not there, this other lady's there, and then the other lady goes, oh, hold on and she goes outside. She goesel here here, and then his lady comes out, but she's halfway through dyeing.
Speaker 1: Her hair and she messages his feet and she's so like, she's so lovely, and she's like, can com how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm like, so he didn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't weird between the two of you because he said no, She's fine with it. She says, do you think she went and told all their friends that I said no? I'm like no, this would happen all the time.
Speaker 3: But it's also really funny, like whenever we go away and we'd be getting foot massages, like in Vietnam, there's Sophia's feet in my feet and then there's Burjo's feet hero size fifteen in guys, and they'd just be looking at them and they'd be pissing themselves, laughing about look look at his feet, like how you know she draw the shot? Like is it the short straw getting his feet? So it's funny that she wanted to come back, and actually, do.
Speaker 1: Know King Kong was here? She King Kong was He was quite famous back in Thailand.
Speaker 3: You fre care all right, So we've covered ping pong show, massage, and happy ending. And the third thing is, you guys almost died, which is quite funny because we already just spoke about this on the podcast about how whenever we go somewhere we almost die.
Speaker 1: And especially on a boat. And where was I on a boat in Thailand? Why do I do this to myself?
Speaker 3: I feel like we put it out there and jinxed ourselves.
Speaker 2: So okay, this was probably very unsettling for someone with a morbid brain. We're sitting on a private island. This is in Thailand again. We're there for a work thing. Burjo had just been jets came back in. We're sitting on the side, just going, let's just like sit here for a bit and sun bake. So we're sitting on these little chairs and out in the distance. It's Thailand, so weather changes all the time.
Speaker 1: But it went black.
Speaker 2: So the sky was I'm talking black as your tracksuit right now. And then within a second it dropped from like thirty degrees to save twenty degrees like that, and all of a sudden, the wind started right and so I get.
Speaker 1: A little bit of a thrill with.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Sounds a bit sick in the head, doesn't it. I get a little bit of a thrill when something like a bit dangerous happens. But then my brain turns very fast to oh, I'm actually gonna die. So but you like they adrenaline, Yeah, I like that. I thried it on that. It's like I'm true people. So anyway, the wind starts and I'm talking. I'm gonna play some audio here of this is the plates.
Speaker 1: And cutlery going flying. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 2: So plates start flying, Cutlery's going everywhere. The marquee is lifting, like the marquee is lifting. So in my head now I'm like someone someone's gonna get hit in the head with a plate and they're gonna die.
Speaker 3: But I actually it's so funny. At one point, I just this is zoomed in the video of Bergo just holding his market, holding it down for dear line.
Speaker 1: So half most of the men ran out and helped. Like it was. Burgo was like I saw all the other men doing it, and he's like, oh, do I have to go because I'm a man?
Speaker 2: Can I just bet he just wanted to be in there being scared with me, So he ran out there and was holding the fort down, but it was I thought a cyclone was happening, and I thought, this is it. We're never going to be able to get back onto the mainland because the waves are gigantic.
Speaker 1: We're going to be on here.
Speaker 2: There's a cyclone and there's no bunker. There's no bunker. There was no room anywhere. There was a toilet and there was half like people were like milling about in there, trying to save their lives.
Speaker 3: And I also felt really guilty because before you guys left, I made the joke like if you were to both die, yeah, I'd be like set for life. I shouldn't have made that joke. When you think about it, I'm really sorry. Have you got assurance, if you got life insurance?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But like has he I own a business with you? Like we've got some houses together? The other one like I would have been like, all right, I'm just gonna sit here and count my houses together.
Speaker 1: We've got some houses. It's when well, when you hear the house, what's houses? When you get.
Speaker 3: Divorced and get back together, your property moguls the way you flick your hair just then, I'm so fair, but like, so seriously, I made the joke to you, and then when I saw these videos, I was like, you shouldn't be making jokes about death because it's actually not funny because you and you and I we've got more brains. Bergo was like, it was fine, Hailey distresses about these things, but we would never go. The only ones rosing you and I would have been I would have been doing the Sign of the Cross.
Speaker 1: You know, I actually thought of you.
Speaker 2: I was like, thank god you're not here because a pregnant woman on the island with that wind, and I would have been terrified for you. Would you've tried to save me, being your prices, I would have I would have been like a little shield over your little baby, your tummy.
Speaker 3: Because I see you and Burger running off. But then Jimmy would have helped me.
Speaker 1: No, I would have.
Speaker 3: Your go go gadget Legs would have been like, gotta get on the bike. Him.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to work out what he was like in an emergency.
Speaker 2: I described him like I went to hug him, but he just was like not phased by it. Yeah, I didn't feel safe because I didn't have my safe person there.
Speaker 3: But when I'm there with you, I would have been No. But I would have wound you up because I would have been getting stressed. So it's actually good in a crisis.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh, yeah, you are like that.
Speaker 3: I'm terrible. Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: Time we're in Hawaii and that beautiful Helen, the beautiful old woman that we met on a cruise, ninety year old Helen.
Speaker 1: We love her so much. We ran into her and she we were just.
Speaker 2: Walking in this shopping center in the middle of the night, and she was sitting on a bench bleeding out.
Speaker 1: And I thought in that moment, I was like, oh my god, Helen.
Speaker 2: So I rang to the chemist and I got these pads and I got these things to her. Yeah, and she filled out an escalator. And but you, who I thought would be that person, you completely froze in the moment and you just looked in your handbag and like, ah.
Speaker 1: I literally go like a deer. I do.
Speaker 3: Literally it happened on the blade. Sophia vomented all over Burger, like I'm talking down his top like everywhere, and I just stood there looking at him, and he goes, do you think you could get me a wife? Or something like? Do you reckon you could? He just freeze in the completely freeze. I'm actually terrible at a crisis. I'm really sorry. Yeah, but I can't be good at everything.
Speaker 1: No, let's talk about solar parenting.
Speaker 3: Moggie's laughing. Moggie merely is shaking their head because they know I'm a wonker, such a winker.
Speaker 1: You said you're a property. Mogul's property Mogul. Get guys, here's you're back with Burjos. You can have two houses? Yes, God, no love story.
Speaker 3: We love each other. Now look at us with our investment properties. Yeah, okay, so solo parenting funnily enough, Gosh, this whole episode, we're mentioning Burgero a lot, aren't we? Solo parenting? So I was here and I spent a lot of time with my family, So I didn't really solo parent a lot because Mum and Dad were around, and my brother was around and his kids were around, and I stayed up at mom and Dad's, Like I didn't stay here a lot. But I worked out why I was scared. Remember, I said to you, it's because I don't want to be at home and I'm afraid of the dark. And it was like when I actually break it down and Burgo has found this before when we separated. Being by yourself and parenting, it like brought back all my emotions from being single, and it triggered me. And he's done that before as well. Like going away for a night. He said, Oh, I really missed you, Like I really missed you. I'm like, I was away for a night. But now I understand because it's often you and I that go away for work. It's very rare that he will go away. But like being in this house alone with Sophia, that was some of my darkest days, you know, and putting on a brave face, and you know, you said, I walked outside and I had a bat one night because I heard a noise and I was so strong. That was all just putting on a brave face. But deep down the night I moved into this house by myself with my child, I cried all night. Something that you should be proud of. You know. I bought my own house. I did it myself. It was horrific. I had a baby and I was by myself and I'd blown up the one thing that you know that, yeah, my relationship, you.
Speaker 1: Can do this for sure. Don't cry because he cries.
Speaker 3: That's where the solo parenting came from. That's why I was so pushy, which he has as well. And anyone who's been through a breakup with kids, I don't know what triggers you, but I feel like this is something that being by yourself and having time to think and kind of drop into your emotions. That's why often, you know, when I was saying, I was always trying to keep busy because I didn't want to think about stuff, because the minute you sat in your thoughts on the couch, it's like that's where you realize, Yeah, I'm alone, and I'd want to have a panic attack because I'd be so stressed. True, So that's why I didn't want to solo parent Hey that makes sense. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, when you're parenting together, you kind of do you want to be like fifty to fifty with things right. And I always find when Jimmy goes I'm the same. I'm scared. I don't have the trauma that you have because we've never broken up. But all the things that he gets annoyed at me for, like not putting the lights on, not doing the dishwasher properly, all these things.
Speaker 1: I nail when I'm by myself. Do you ever find that? Do you go? My house is so clean, everything's done, lunch is are made, like everything is sorted because it's all on me.
Speaker 2: When you're with someone else, you kind of go, yeah, they'll do that, but he can do that part.
Speaker 1: But when you're by yourself, you freaking own it. I think that's what you did exactly.
Speaker 3: I think it's because you were We say, well, I'm generalizing, but we'll say that we do everything and we wear the whole mental load. But I don't like Burgo wears a so did Jimmy as well.
Speaker 1: So much.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are gone. You really do notice it. Yeah, but you're right, you are a lot more organized because you have to be. Yeah, it was terrible. I never want to do that again. We're very lucky. Yeah, okay, So Burgo can never go away again. No, I much prefer he goes. Remember that time you went to Europe for twenty days. I'm like, all right, we went away for three weeks too, remember, I know, but that's when we went together. Yes, So I was like, Sayanara, you.
Speaker 1: Liked it because you got to see so fear the whole time. Yeah, it's different you've come so far.
Speaker 3: Gosh, we've been around today, haven't we.
Speaker 1: So you're okay with the whole Thailand trip?
Speaker 3: Yes? Good. I thought it was very funny you guys went. Do you know what I was? The only thing I was sad about is like, non pregnant Lauren would have had so much fun. Yeah, but I would not have been able to cope like I would have been, like I'm thirty one weeks pregnant. I would have been tired, stressed. My patience is very thin at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I just so looking at you feel.
Speaker 3: You feel you feel luck? Yeah, Like I'm wearing at that stage.
Speaker 2: Where you're like, I just don't feel nice rolling over having something in your stomach here. I always say this. It doesn't like say take away the pregnancy. If you have a flat stuff. If you're feeling flat in your stomach, you feel good no matter how big you are, right, Yeah. But if you're bloated or pregnant, you feel gigantic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you.
Speaker 3: I'm wearing you feel wearing a pair of sweatpants right now that come up to my nipples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see a camel.
Speaker 3: So I'm really sorry to pull it down, but it's so cute. I've got a fillo. Don't look at what you got afford.
Speaker 1: Bit on that though.
Speaker 2: Can we just say a massive thank you to everyone that has messaged us on our Instagram page, Facebook, like, on Spotify, written the reviews. We are just so blown away by your messages and we read every one of them, and just so you know, we screenshot them and then send them to our little group chat.
Speaker 3: Because so happy. If you're liking what you're hearing, please keep on messaging us. If you don't like then.
Speaker 2: Someone said to me the other day, this lady and she's meeting in the most lovely way. She's like, I love your podcast so much. It's just so much trash, and I'm like she was in a good way, trashy in a good way. I'm like, okay, but in a good way.
Speaker 3: We had trash in a good way. Not as possibly the nice anyone's ever said me nice. Do you know what the nicest thing is? People feel like they're just on the couch with us. I've lots of those messages and there's room. There's room on the couch. We want you to feel like we just you your besties because you're my bestie. And this is the best thing ever. I get to talk to you like like a bestie.
Speaker 2: So we do this with with all of our microphones. It just happens that the microphones are with us right now.
Speaker 3: The microphone is actually hurting my wrist a little bit. H I wouldn't want to stand like, when can we afford? As?
Speaker 1: My god, you're so Mariah Carey.
Speaker 3: Who do I have to basically a stand around here?
Speaker 1: Your property, mogul your Mariah Carey.
Speaker 3: I'm bad cop, You're good cop. I know we have our roles.
Speaker 1: We have our roles.
Speaker 2: All right, we need to go to a ping pong show. But you have a lovely day and we will see you next week.
Speaker 3: Love you, Love you,