Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Hello everyone, Welcome to close friends.
Speaker 1: We're taking it back to our YouTube days. In this episode, we both put up a question on box on our innswer stories and should we just take turns like last time and just read out questions A question?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. As you know, I'm currently on tour around the country, so we're pre recording a couple of quips. So I'm sorry that we're doing a lackluster q anda. I think when the podcast was a Q and A, I go fuck l shit, But that is us this week. We've run out of ideas. We need to pre record some of these episodes because I'm off on to us. So you're getting a Q and A and I hope you like.
Speaker 1: It, and thanks to everyone for sending in your question.
Speaker 2: If you don't, I don't really care. I asked for juicy stuff, okay, so mine are a bit juicy, but you kick us off.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, have you ever not liked someone Britt was dating?
Speaker 2: Yes, plenty, actually all of them. Well, there was one that you dated, which was obviously quite public, and he just really never made an effort with me, and I actually got homophobic vibes from him if I'm honest, but I won't I won't. I won't obviously say his name. There was another one who was also quite public, and I just never really loved his vibe. And then who else? There was another one which we won't talk about. There was there was, So there were three awful ones. And then I love AJ.
Speaker 1: Obviously love you have to.
Speaker 2: Never gotten homophobic vice from AJ.
Speaker 1: You got to like what you gotta do, kiss the toe to get the princes or whatever went through three toads, got the prince, kiss.
Speaker 2: Kiss the rogan frats. Okay, what else you got for me? That was a nice one to start off.
Speaker 1: What's a memory you have together that instantly has you both kissing yourselves? I can think of one instance, but it's not funny now that we say it, but it was like.
Speaker 2: To be there. You're about to tell the high kickstory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, okay, there's two instances that are very similar. Okay, this would have been like six years ago when I was living in the townhouse that I started.
Speaker 2: Fight in and it's three stories.
Speaker 1: It's three stories, and so we're on the middle floor. And for some reason, like it was on my social media because I was living with my best friend at the time and we were doing high kicks a lot on my Snapchat story, trying to see if we could kick our head. Well, it was just a challenge and Matt and there'd be a story somewhere in our archives. But Matt thought he would attempt to do a high kick and like hit his knee to his face. That was the whole challenge that we were doing. Matt fucking went for it, and I've got floorboards in this house. His leg's gone off. Then he has hit the fucking deck so hard.
Speaker 2: I had socks on, so my sock of the leg that was still on the ground and the other one slipped from under me.
Speaker 1: And then he's hit the ground like the loudest fucking thud you have ever heard. Mind you, then he winded himself.
Speaker 2: You would breath hissing themselves.
Speaker 1: Matt has winded himself on the floor. And then you know when you're in a fit of laughter with your friends, and then you build on the story and play out a scenario. Then we said, picture if you went through the floor and my my car was in the garage underneath, and then we were just in hysterics picturing looking down through the floor and Matt was on top of the car, like you had to fucking car three.
Speaker 2: Floors honestly, like going down one hundred and forty kilos hitting the bloody deck. I wouldn't be surprised if I did come through the bloody floor.
Speaker 1: Like it was a solid Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought I'd broken my fucking back, I'll tell you. And they're piercing themselves and I'm going, my ribs are broken. It's all gone wrong, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I think the other similar memory was when I broke up with one of those boyfriends that we don't speak about, and then I moved far away and you came and stayed with me one night and you did something I don't know if it was a kick or like a jump, and then you land on my bed and completely snug and it was again, a fucking crap. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, But it was like a ship bed from Fantastic Dread.
Speaker 2: I think I literally just jumped belly flop or something.
Speaker 1: Sleep.
Speaker 2: I jumped on the ground the slats we've gone right through. We're lying on the ground in a rubble of wood.
Speaker 1: But I think they're by two funniest memories. But we've had so many. There'd be so many more, Matt, but I just can't think just all of them.
Speaker 2: I've got one for you that says, what would you leave each other in your will? I'm just gonna put out there. I don't think i'd be leaving you anything. What have I got to give? Dully? Do you want my forty cents that's in my purse from today?
Speaker 1: I would leave you AJ. Oh that's nice because you love him. Yeah, and I'll maybe leave you some money.
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, actually you know what, speaking of that, I need to get my will done, right. Do you have a will?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well, you need to get it done because we can't just keep thinking we're fucking invincible. And I've been saying to AJ for years, especially because our business is growing and there's a lot of assets. I actually need to get a will done. Yeah, I'll put you on there. How much you want thank you?
Speaker 2: How much? What's the budget? Got me? As much as you can? You know, Okay, I'll talk really nicely about you once you're gone, like if that's the case, you know what I mean, And I'll obviously your money will go to me, but I'll help other people with it, you know, I'll give it. Give a dollar here, dollar there? Anyway? What would I leave for you in my will? What do I have that you want? You would want my Samsung Frame TV, yeah, I love those. You wouldn't want my car?
Speaker 1: You know what? Maybe you could also have my Instagram account? No, turn it into something else.
Speaker 2: No, because I think we'd have it in memoriam and then I just share old videos and stuff like that, and.
Speaker 1: Every day it would expose me for who I really am because I was dead. Then just release.
Speaker 2: I don't, honey, I don't think there's anything else I'm left to expose you with. I think this podcast has exposed to you. Do you guys ever talk about your sex lives with each other? I feel like we're used to, but no anymore? No? Um, who the fuck asked that I've got so many threesomes? Yes or no? No?
Speaker 1: Not for me?
Speaker 2: Not for me either. I mean I have though I've done well. Anyway, we won't get into that.
Speaker 1: This is close friendzo, so this is close.
Speaker 2: Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Also go no, that's fine. I had two people up. I'm changing the topic. But if you've got more.
Speaker 2: To say, no, that's fine. I don't think I should talk about I had.
Speaker 1: Two people ask would we ever launch a business together? No?
Speaker 2: No for me, yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Don't mix friends in business. This is as close to business as we'll get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Someone asked, who is the worst dressed person in the room? And you actually dress really nicely today and I put.
Speaker 1: On, oh, thanks, not much, so that's not good.
Speaker 2: What's the worst unsolicited fan encounter you've ever had?
Speaker 1: I've already told my story which one was.
Speaker 2: It was one recently that shows probably the worst unsolicited one.
Speaker 1: I would say, So what about.
Speaker 2: You Mango's back years. I was on tour around the country and it was one of those big YouTube tours that we do and I usually host them. We're in another city, so I was staying at a hotel and I had invited another YouTube to my hotel that night, to my room, and they were like, be there soon, just gonna jump in the shower and stuff like that, and then I heard her knock at the door a few minutes later, and I was like, gee, that was a quick shower, you know, didn't look in the peep hole or anything, and opened the front door. And it was like a fan who I had seen earlier that day and the night before, like at the hotel at the show, came to the meet and greet, blah blah blah. They're quite full on, but you know, everyone gets excited. I feel like I feel like this is also many years ago, where like screaming in my face was just like a normal thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like people don't do that. Yeah, I feel like everyone's become obviously our following has grown up with us kind of thing. Yeah, where was back in the day it was really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they just scream in your face and shake and cry and go.
Speaker 1: We'll say someone did that recently to April and I when we were on the way back from Sydney. She's probably not listening. I hope she isn't, but fucking hell, we went through. Well it's now hungry Jacks. It's at the Twin Servers on the way back to Newcastle, and this girl in the drive through just flipped the fuck out, like bless. She was flapping her arms and jumping up and down them a full night ever since. I called a flappy bird. But she was just like down and like she didn't say anything. It was just like stress and I just like grabbed the bag and kept driving and like I felt so awkward. Like I love when people say hello, but this just fucking was another level. Calm your farm. I'm not that fucking big of a deal at all, trust me.
Speaker 2: It used to be like that. Everyone was quite you know, emotional, and I get it whatever, that's fine. But even I saw a TikTok of Anna Paul doing a meat and greeted, you know, the Pacific Fair up in Queensland, and when she came down the stairs, oh, the crowd went mild.
Speaker 1: Like different fans these days.
Speaker 2: I was like, whooo, whereas I remember when your Michael Finch and Shiny Grimman did the pack Fair thing and they were you know, so I think people just can't be bothered anymore a concert and the thing's the same as well. I'm like, why are people screaming anyway? So he came into my room E barged in the room came through, and I was kind of like, again, at this point in my life, like I was, it was so long ago that I didn't really have a backbone or like the balls to be like get out today, honey, you wouldn't even make it pass the threshold. Sorry, well today I would to check the peephole. Anyway. He came in. He was like, I'm a guy, Like, how are you loving the city? Do you want me to be your tour guard? Blah blah blah blah all the rest of it. He's like, looking at all my things, My makeup's out ready, you know, all the from the getting ready for the show earlier that day. Oh you were so good at the show, Thank you so much. Haha. I'm actually like getting ready. I'm in a robe by the way, Like I'm like, I'm getting ready for someone to come on over. So like I'm gonna have to, you know, get you to leave. And he comes up and he's like putting his finger up my arm and he's like how long until they get here? And I'm going, no, this is not the fun, this is not happening. This is not happening. But I didn't have any fucking balls to say that, so I had to just like stall and be like, yeah, Like these days they'd be like, don't fucking touch me and get out of my room. But back then I was just kind of like, oh hah lo, like this is this is this is so funny. Anyway, we better wrap this up. I'm not in the mood for any of that. I would I would love to, but I'm not in the mood. I absolutely wouldn't love to. There's no way and millionaires doing it. But he was very in the mood. He was trying to whirl and I was like, Darling.
Speaker 1: Is he still a fan today?
Speaker 2: Umm, I'm gonna say yes, but I have muted and restricted him so because you know, it got a little much. This is many years ago now, and I hope he's well, but yeah, he was trying to fuck and I was like, I'm not, I'm not. We can't do this anyway, Okay, thanks listen.
Speaker 1: He's a question, how would ten years ago Britt feel if she met today's Matt and vice versa. If we met today. I personally think we would like each other, but I think at the start we wouldn't be sure where we stood with each other. I feel like we're like similar strong personalities. But I reckon we would get along.
Speaker 2: I reckon we get along too straight away. So if ten year ago me met you today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that it doesn't make sense. Is she just saying if we met.
Speaker 2: Today, Like, yeah, if we met well, if we met.
Speaker 1: Today and we didn't know each other, but we.
Speaker 2: Were the person we were ten years ago, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, it doesn't make sense. Let's just say the scenarios. If we met to each other today, I think we would like each other.
Speaker 2: Oh, I couldn't we bothered for me a friendship At the point where I've got too many friends, I'm done with making friends your friend. Um, you know what though, you know what, though I will be honest with you, would our friendship just be so transactional because of where we are. We wouldn't actually care about one another. We wouldn't actually develop much of a bond. Because there are like people in this industry who are love with my whole heart, and I'm like, they're a very good friend of mine.
Speaker 1: But like, also, would we be friends if we didn't have.
Speaker 2: The exactly would we be friends if we didn't? You know what? There are definitely people like the close, the close girls, the Kate's, the Raley's, the Jazz, the stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like there are some people in the realm that if we didn't have the same job, we wouldn't interact or cross.
Speaker 1: Paths, whereas Matt and I have been bonding before we were anybodies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, And to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, I still feel like we're anybodies.
Speaker 2: Someone asked, what's the where the wildest place you've done the deed? Mam was under a church? Next so was under well, you go to church, you're on your knees, blah blah blah. Anyway, Next where was yours?
Speaker 1: Under a tree?
Speaker 2: Under a tree? That's actually quite.
Speaker 1: Romantic back in my life eighteen year old days, it's very romantic.
Speaker 2: Better than under a church. Um. Some someone said, please explain the time you were held hostage. I don't know if we have time to get into that today.
Speaker 1: Save it for another Yeah, and that's not.
Speaker 2: Some joke because I think I've avoided talking about it for so long that people just go it's not a real story. But it definitely is. And did you know that the gang that held me hostage are still there to this day? One of my friends went to Japan not long ago, and they're still on the street trying to hold people hostage. What the fuck? Yeah, well, I mean when the police showed up and they'd had nothing but a fucking notewalk, I said, where's your gun? Dull, like, are we not already to shoot these? Mother Like? Let's what's going on? Anyway? If you go to ha Reshuku, all I'll say on that story is if you go to Harashuku, you walk down the main street to have rejuku and someone comes up to you and says, come to my shop. I've got a good deal just down this back alley around the corner, through a hole in the wall, past a rug hanging up as a curtain. You gotta say, I'm okay, thanks, and I'll go. But I was fifteen years old and I didn't know any better.
Speaker 1: All right, Anyway, someone said, would you organize a live show slash boozy brunch situation for the scrollers? I would love that.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't do a boozy brunch, but I'd love a live show.
Speaker 1: A night boozy show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, come and get drunk at the show. Sure, But I have learned that I can't drink alkohole before I go on stage. Yeah, so all my shows, because the first time I did shows, I had a couple drinks to, you know, calm the nerves. I was a sweaty mess the first time. The next night I didn't have alcohol. Then the next night I thought, I'll just take it easy and have one vodka Red Bull to get my spirits up, and then I was really sweaty again. And so now I don't. I go on absolutely sober, do the show, and then I have a fucking bottle or two a savvy be afterwards.
Speaker 1: I've got so many people asking have we ever had a massive fight or falling out that we've talked about this before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we have, but we can quickly glaze over it. We never had a fight or a falling out. But there was one time where we didn't talk to each other for a while. Why I can't remember, but it was it was your fault, as in, like you were the one that cut off contact. But we never really knew why.
Speaker 1: Well, we just do it.
Speaker 2: I think we just grew apart. It did have to with that person because you had cut someone out of your life and I think they were still in my life at the time. No I've eventually cut them off. But anyway, I remember we hadn't spoken for so long, like maybe eight or nine months, and then I heard you on an ad on the radio when I was in Newcastle.
Speaker 1: Was this like ten years ago? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah fucking hell.
Speaker 2: And then I called you and you answered and I was like, hey, it's me. We haven't spoken in so long, but I just heard you on an ad on the radio. That's so random. What have you been doing? And then everything was just back to normal again. But there was a time where, yeah, we didn't talk for ages, but I think it was just like a we've grown apart. You had issues with like one of my friends, and I was just caught in the middle and you were just protecting your peace. But we never had like a fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Speak about time you met someone famous and they were a see you next Tuesday. In real life?
Speaker 1: No one for me and no one for you. What about this?
Speaker 2: If you listened to the royal audio of this podcast.
Speaker 1: For how long did Matt overdraw his lips?
Speaker 2: I've never overdrawn. Oh it's because you put up the photo of me with Miranda. I've seen the Miranda sings lips. I actually always tried to have thin lips for some reason. I don't know why you used to. I'd always try and underdraw them. Oh my goodness, I don't know why I thought thin lips were in.
Speaker 1: Oh have we already answered this on the podcast before? What's our subway order?
Speaker 2: Probably not? But mine is an Italian herbs and cheese footlung with the bacon cheese, bacon ranch, chicken cheese bacon ranch. I don't know it's got a name, and I can't even remember. I haven't had subway in so long. And then I also sometimes get the rap, the ranch rap as well.
Speaker 1: I feel like we have talked about this before because I remember saying to you, why do we get one subway order and then stick with that for our whole life?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 1: Anyway? If you need to know, mindes Italian herbs and cheese, foot long chicken fill it cheddar cheese, lettuce, carrot, capsicum, salt and pepper may nice fuck y.
Speaker 2: All right, we probably have time on one more each, So have you got any last? Okay, last one's there? Someone's aid, how does brit make money?
Speaker 1: I get paid a fucking salary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's interested how she does this if not taking a cut from faith.
Speaker 1: This is where people get confused. I don't take any profits from Fate.
Speaker 2: Your salary is not a profit, obviously. No.
Speaker 1: I just get paid like a pay sleep every week like the rest of our.
Speaker 2: Staff, which is quite what's the word conservative.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's minimal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think people expect that. I think people think you're paying yourself ten thousand dollars a week, which is not the case. You're paying yourself a regular, very minimal way, yet standard. And you don't take any profits.
Speaker 1: No bad profits. Yeah, a lot of business owners take profits like every quarter or every financial year, but we have never taken any profits. April fucking gets it all.
Speaker 2: The last thing one I want to ask is does your partner know how many sexual partners you've had?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Neither.
Speaker 1: I've never spoke about it.
Speaker 2: We've never been interested in ding. I wouldn't even know the fucking number. Once the list got to eighty six, I thought, let's just stop, let's just stop counting. Say.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say who it was, but I used to date a guy back in the day, and like back in back in the day, and he could not handle the fact that I had ever been with anyone before him, and he would like call me a slot and like couldn't believe that I'd ever been with anyone before him, would like have huge fights with me over it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Men, we hate them all.
Speaker 1: Men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a whole. Did you used to have a notes app in your phone?
Speaker 1: I did when I was like, yeah, eighteen put.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're having notes app with all the names of people. But unfortunately, you know, once my list, I kept forgetting to add people to the list, and then of course some I didn't even know their fucking name. So we're just like guy with beard and black hair from UK and then you know, so you just one day you just give up on the fucking list. That's all I'll say on that. Anyway, we've probably exposed us ourselves a little too much. So thanks for listening. If you like this Q and A, give this video big thumbs up and make sure you subscribe. We upload episodes on our YouTube channel every Tuesday and Friday.
Speaker 1: Here I got to miss saying that, yeah, hit the thumbs up. The fact that there was ever a dislike button, the soul destroying like remember you would upload a video and within seconds there's like twenty distances. You've got those haters that a subscribe, just a fucking dislike as soon as the video would go up. I wonder where they are now.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but look at us.
Speaker 1: Thanks listening to another episode of Close Friends. We'll be back on Tuesday with our main ap and that's about it.
Speaker 2: Email us. Yeah, if you have any questions that you'd really stories.
Speaker 1: That you want to share, something that you want us to share, got a Hilary story, email us because yeah, and you've got to make sure it's true and it's not defamatory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did have a really good story that the legal team would not let us talk about it. Celebrity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to that girl that sent that in. We we actually Georgia. We recorded your whole episode and then we got knocked back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: We couldn't risk getting sued.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which would have been a great story art though, wouldn't it. We love for our podcast to get sued, you know. But yeah, anyway, love yours, have a good weekend. Bye,