Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome the late Babe, Well, thanks for joining us. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and filling in for Caleb bond Sky, News contributor and host of The Real Story podcast Joe Hildebrand. Coming up tonight, German police get the surprise when police radar catches the Cookie Monster hurtling down the highway. We'll show you the police images a little later. Plus when we look at the papers, Peter Beatty, the Labor Stalwart, criticizes the Albanese government's Middle East policy as quote a daydream. And in Victoria, the Labor premier there issues an apology to indigenous people, but it's all kept very secret. We'll talk about that when we get to the papers. But first, Senator Fatima Payman, who defected from the Labor Party in July, has started her own outfit. But what to call her brand new political party? Could you believe this Afghan born Muslim who's see angular purpose is peace in Palestine has decided to call herself Australia's Voice. Honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up. Is she a federal senator or a professional troll? Sadly she's serious. Have listened to her on the ABC seven point thirty last night, where she couldn't agree that the October seven attack on Israel was terrorism yesterday.
Speaker 3: In your view, were the actions of Humas on that day an act of terrorism or an act of resistance?
Speaker 1: I think that that question really.
Speaker 4: Not only ignores.
Speaker 5: The seventy five seventy six years, but also reduces the Palestinian plight. And we need to acknowledge that Palestinians and now the Lebanese community are hurting, but so are the Israeli communities.
Speaker 2: Seriously, if she is Australia's voice, then her mass is a peace loving organization spreading the equity and inclusion through the Middle East. Australians gave her a voice, I might point out, a voice she would never have had in Afghanistan, where she was born, or in Gaza, which seems to occupy most of her thinking. But for her to call herself Australia's voice, that takes some front.
Speaker 3: Liz, It really does, I mean, and it has been rightly made a lot of mockery.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Mirth happening on the X and other platforms about this, but it does bemuse me that we seem to be incapable of understanding that quite simply, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, like these guys are looked up.
Speaker 4: To in the Middle East by millions.
Speaker 6: Of people as liberators, as their fighters, as members of their parliaments, like Hesbela has fifteen seats in the Lebanese parliament.
Speaker 3: We call them terrorists. We seem to have no understanding of the fact that in that part of the world, it's the West that are seen as terrorists. And when we import people from that part of the world, with their cultural background, with their narrative of the world, they're thinking of what America did in Syria, in Libya, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, and this is their narrative.
Speaker 1: It's more than the narrative though, it's values.
Speaker 3: So we import their values, their religion, their blood memories, it's all there.
Speaker 4: And then we.
Speaker 3: Wonder why Arabs are supporting Arabs, Muslims are siding with Muslims. Well, Beryl hit me with another hot take. I mean, of course they are. But notice it's only in Western countries that we allow people with values so opposed to our own to sit in our federal parliaments.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's it's quite mind blowing.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure countries look like the ones that we pick on in China, in Russia, these people that we call dictatorships, at least they're not standing for any of this.
Speaker 7: Wow, so much to run pack.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, I think look, I've been saying for some time, and I think other people are smart enough to realize it too, that we do have to understand that exactly what you said, that you know that these people do not understand. And it's not just it's not just people from Afghanistan or for the Middle East or Arabs, it's people in Australia as well who have used to call Hamasa terrorist organization. For example, there are different over privileged and it's not as unique. Kids and student socialists have been very prepared to do that as well, and I think that is where But I do think there is a case where if you have been completely and utterly indoctrinated with, for example, Hamas propaganda in Gaza, you are not going to know that the rest of the world sees them as a terrorist or the free world or Australia sees them as a terrorist organization. I can understand that Fatima payment not have that excuse. Fadam of Payment has got basically every possible privilege you could imagine there is. There is almost no position in Australian society than being an She has access.
Speaker 4: She is an Afghan Muslim.
Speaker 8: But I think this is the thing though, if after all that, It's one thing, if she just stepped off the boat from Kabul and said, oh, what are you talking about the Taliban, aren't They're not a terrorist organization.
Speaker 7: They're a wonderful bunch of people. You know.
Speaker 8: Sure they don't let me read or write or go to school, but you know, what do you mean? But for her to have lived most of her life here and to have achieved the rank of Australian Senator, to have access to any library in the country, including the Australian Parliamentary Library, and still not to be able to see and say that clearly not not even that hermass is a terrorist organization, but what happened on October.
Speaker 7: Seven is a terrorist act.
Speaker 1: Libraries do if you.
Speaker 8: Or terrorists understand that from all the information that is available to you, just that act a line and just say yes, that an active terror then there is something I think profoundly either wrong with you on a sort of moral human level, or you are severely limited in your intelligence and your ability to process information. And that is about as kind as I can possibly be. And notwithstanding the fact that she has launched Australia's Voice, which clearly is trying to nick some of the red rest of the Voice referendum that happened in Australia last year and was called the Voice right, so she's clearly ripping off that brand and trying to sort of capitalize on it. Or maybe her new chief of staff or advisor Glenn Drury, the Preference whisperer's putting some of these ideas in her heads. It's just got to have everything. So oh yeah, I like Australia, I like the Voice.
Speaker 7: I like for that.
Speaker 8: They've got no policies, they've got no I don't even know if they've got any members apart from her and this guy who how good And they didn't they didn't even consult the actual Indigenous people in charge of the Voice.
Speaker 1: They do would never have had the form she now has.
Speaker 2: If the labor nobody that's committed to that's right, dentity politics where they put a kid, well, I don't even know ifing going for her, except she was female and a Muslim and had come from Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: They were her qualities.
Speaker 2: It's diversity, and so they gave her a platform and now we're reaping them.
Speaker 8: I'm sure if they expected her to win the seat, because of course the numbers in WA that came in later on election night were so stratispherically huge that delivered this win, for without which the government might even be a minority already. So I'm not sure it's particular particularly expected her to win.
Speaker 7: But whether or whether it was a box sticking.
Speaker 8: Exercise or not, she would not be in the Parliament were it not for the Australian Labour Party next to her name of the Senate. The fact that she is still there when there is absolutely no way she would ever win an election based on her own intellect, or her own values or her own policies, of which she has none, The fact that she has refused to do the right thing and vacate the seat for another Labor member, and the fact that she has now had the audacity to say that she and apparently she alone, is Australia's without actually providing any kind of you know, community policy any other evidence of all I mean, that is a level of hubris which I think is so titanically, ridiculously over the top that it actually points to someone who is either monomaniacal or frankly, just not all there. And I don't know which that is, but it is just nuts.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're looking for levels of hubris that are just out of control, you can't go much further than broadcaster Antonette Latouf, who was famously sacked from a role with the ABC after she posted inappropriate comments on social media concerning the war in Gaza. Well free of her obligations from the ABC, she's continued to post on Instagram. Have listened to these remarks she posted just the other day, after a year of butchering civilians, doctors, media and aid workers, how are all the media personalities, influencers and comedians who stayed silent, too busy protecting your precious careers, or because it's so complex to amplify a human rights organization holding up still getting those contacts in full eight hours sleep, feeling safe and cozy.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: I'd hate for a little thing like live streams suffering to interrupt your zen. Meanwhile, I'm loving your selfies and your yoga posts.
Speaker 1: You do you boo.
Speaker 2: So she's having a go at media types who didn't speak out about Gaza as she did. And then she goes on to make these remarks, Yeah, Hamas is widely defined in academia and government as an armed resistance movement.
Speaker 1: This isn't some new revelation.
Speaker 2: There's also been PLO and Fatah, various groups pushing back against occupation and apartheid. And then she says this, whether you agree with their methods or not, and let's just remember their methods were what rape, beheading, burning babies, taking children hostages. Whether you agree with their methods or not, they are resisting the status quo. I would say the ABC, he dodged a massive bullet.
Speaker 3: They did, indeed, and thank god they let her go when they did. But this is what I'm talking about because Antonete Latoufe is from Lebanese origin.
Speaker 4: So once again, when we.
Speaker 3: Import people, we import their culture, their belief systems, their history.
Speaker 4: This is why I am no fan and never have.
Speaker 1: Lebanese Christians think very differently to Lebanese movies.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and I'm not lumping them all in together.
Speaker 3: But again she has an origin in the Middle East.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she was taught by her parents. I don't know where she's come up with this.
Speaker 3: Because the points that you made regarding senator payment are exactly the same.
Speaker 4: Right U has grown plenty of other places.
Speaker 8: Plenty of other people have come here from Muslim countries, plenty of other Arabs here who do not do not have any difficulty terrorism together.
Speaker 3: I'm simply saying I think her ties, her leaning is very obvious in this scenario. I mean, I can't be the only Westerner who was completely bemused. But last week the watch so many people lose their minds over The Iranian ambassador to Australia praising and expressing his remorse over the assassination of Hassan or the surprised.
Speaker 1: He said that I'm surprised he's still here.
Speaker 3: Of course, they're friends, they're allies like we have.
Speaker 4: We allow people to be here.
Speaker 3: And having imported tens of hundreds of thousands of them who believe as people believe in the Middle East.
Speaker 8: Period, I don't think I don't think that's a universtal thing. I can understand again, if you're living under the yoke of an organization like Hesbela and Lebanon Sudden Lebanon or Hamas in the Gaza strip and there is no democracy, and you get force fed this stuff that says Israel as a bunch of evil, you know, baby killing murderers, not just it is.
Speaker 4: The web and they target Israel.
Speaker 8: See, but what you actually want, what you actually want, even if that is the world view over there, What you want is people coming here and realizing that that's wrong and that that's not true. And you do get people who are prepared to stand up to terrorism. You get Jamal Riffi, who is an incredible Muslim community leader in Southwest Sydney.
Speaker 7: Who got come out and it would stand up.
Speaker 8: I think no, I think most of those are very Most people just keep their head down and we'll see how they couldn't.
Speaker 3: Even name five and certainly I can't name a single I mom like a Muslim leader in Australia. I think the proof has come out and even condemned just October seven.
Speaker 8: But I'm talking to U about ordinary people. So they're not they're not household names, they're not lets. So you do I think you hear from often the most extreme elements and that is part of the problem, that they are the ones making the most noise. And I think oftentimes people are scared to raise their head about the parapet because when you're talking about extremists and terror sympathizers, then that can make life very very ugly for you in your community. And again, you know, doctor if he's had death threats for standing up against Isis, precisely because he was standing up against ISIS. So the minority, the extreme minority, who were violent and were radical.
Speaker 7: We're targeting him.
Speaker 8: But I think the vast majority, and again this will be seen in how well or not the Muslim vote goes at the next election. Yeah, we will see how we will just see just my intel and what I'm being told, whether I'm right or not, is that this is a very small number of very deluded and extreme and naive people, and that the vast majority of the Muslim community in Sydney at least will just stick with the mainstream.
Speaker 1: While we're on extreme people.
Speaker 2: Have a look at Green's act candidate Hareini Renjuran, who has posted on a blog equivocate or making an equivalence between Jesus Christ and a Sama bin Ladden. She wrote a blog post on martyrdom, and she wrote, quote, I dream about dying brutally for my country, my family, my loves. She wrote, I've gone on to idolize several other martyrs, and then she lists Jesus Christ alongside Osama bin Laden.
Speaker 1: Et cetera.
Speaker 2: She wrote, and then when ABC News asked her about it, she changed the etcetera to laugh my ass off. In other words, it was all just a joke, but clearly it wasn't. She added that after she'd been caught, what does this say about the Greens vetting candidates? Or maybe she's exactly the kind of candidate the Greens are looking for? Who thinks Jesus and Osama bin Laden are kind of both heroes?
Speaker 4: Shame really?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think we also need to talk about some sort of age limit in parliament. This girl is twenty years old and the Greens are putting her up to inhabit one of less than eighty seeds in our hallowed senate.
Speaker 4: I mean, do me a favor.
Speaker 7: Be the next part of my pavment.
Speaker 4: They've got to replacement mind up. This is just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: We talk often about stupid mista politicians have made years.
Speaker 1: Before this was last year she wrote.
Speaker 4: This was last year. This kid is still a kid.
Speaker 8: This is just for the act Legislaive Assembly as well, so she's not actually candidate for the federal parliament.
Speaker 7: We have even the Greens that cooked.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I know it's made the meeting, but do you really think Adam Banter is sitting at home going no. I can't believe she said that thinking she'll fit writing it's just Google.
Speaker 7: Terrorst sympathizes and then oh that could be our next tip. But this is the thing.
Speaker 8: So the change is what gets you. The change is the smoking gun, if you like. If this was all a completely innocent act of creative writing, why did she or the Greens or someone go back in after someone was asking questions about it? First thing to be so stupid. They wouldn't have taken screen grabs. It's already too late. But then go and change it. And there was another one. I don't know what the meaning of it is, but there was another name that was in there that she also deleted, Balachandra Bakum. I don't know if that's some hero or something that she didn't want to get in trouble for. But again, the fact that she changes et cetera to l lmao, so went back in there to make it look like a joke, to retrospectively justify the excuse that her and the Greens had given the ABAC, which, to their great credit, they discovered uncarved it. If there's no if there's no crime, then why is there a cover up?
Speaker 3: And also, I think the act Greens have already answered your question because if this was oh wow, didn't vetter properly and she likes her, do they would have They would have.
Speaker 4: Kicked her out by now I'll be like, haha, sorry.
Speaker 3: About that candidate not a candidate anymore. Everyone rest assured instead, No, we're editing posts now. They haven't disowned her. We're still waiting for an appropriate response.
Speaker 4: It's simply not happening, which is just typical for those guys.
Speaker 3: To Queensland now where the native title claims on fifteen townships, the details of those are being kept from the public.
Speaker 4: Why. Well, here's the explanation from the government.
Speaker 3: That is, the applications may contain culturally sensitive material about a person's or group's connection to the land, which triggers intellectual property of the applicant okay Land transfers. Applications would also name dead people, which if released, would breach the privacy of the deceased and may offend Aboriginal people in accordance with culture or custom. That is the government's reasonings for not releasing the details of these applications on these fifteen townships. This has been playing out in Queensland for quite some time, you may recall back in July twenty one, the government released this media release dating quite that nearly a third of Queensland was now under native title. There it is they're trumpeting what they clearly perceived to be some sort of great news victory. Then in April, the Native Title Tribunal Map of Queensland showed that forty two percent of Queensland's land mass had already been successfully claimed as native title.
Speaker 4: So you can see.
Speaker 3: That that number is growing quite quickly. And now in June of twenty four, just this year, we read this headline half of Queensland could be claimed by Native title, So this is moving very fast in Queensland.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Queenslanders are quite.
Speaker 3: Perturbed about this and would like to know the details of these applications that are applying for freehold native title in now fifteen townships and this is our In June, the Kabby Cabby people were given native title holder's status of over three hundred and sixty five thousand hectares on the Sunshine Coast. So Queenslanders are well and truly sick of this. A lot of these fifteen townships are up in arms about it, and the government's just saying, oh, well, sod you lot.
Speaker 7: I see dead people all under wrap.
Speaker 2: It's outrageous that the government won't provide details to the public. It's not land that politicians have the right to just hand out willy nilly according to their.
Speaker 1: Ideal logue I ideology. People want details.
Speaker 2: And as for the government's excuses, it's culturally sensitive. That's pretty sensitive to the people who are going to lose access to parks or to climbing mount Warning or the property that is going to go freehold to indigenous groups. If it's going to be upsetting because deceased people are named in the documents.
Speaker 1: When you redact them, you them out. But there was a third.
Speaker 2: Reason why the government said we can't release this information, and this to me is the most astonishing thing they said. Thirdly, it might cause conflict if we give all the information, because when you find out which indigenous group is making a claim, there may be other groups that view that group is having no connection to the land.
Speaker 1: Well, information gold mine springs to mind.
Speaker 8: I can't put my finger on it line with gazillion.
Speaker 1: Made public so they can be verified.
Speaker 2: If the government are worried, there'll be an argument, isn't that proof?
Speaker 8: To be honest, I think what is truly going on? So firstly, just imagine if there was actually something truly threatening or radical about Queensland going from thirty percent to fifty percent Native title, and they never tell us, right then we'd already like already, like you say, it's going the number keeps going up. But for the most part, life just goes on. It doesn't actually make any real difference.
Speaker 7: Now, that's right.
Speaker 1: So they want to climb Mount Warning.
Speaker 2: Or you know, the Glasshouse mountains or rampions in very very we continue going to Fraser Island with the bat on cis no difference.
Speaker 8: But when that does start to interfere with people's life. For example, if I think there was a case in one of these towns they might not get access to the park or whatever. If that were to actually happen, then you would see an actual revolution, and it wouldn't be from the Blackfellows.
Speaker 7: It would be from there.
Speaker 2: A security guards standing at the base or there were at the base of Mount Warning making sure white people didn't climb as they have for a hundred years.
Speaker 7: That's right. If that goes on for the most part, it does.
Speaker 8: And if what I'm saying is if those changes become, if they go from being those big sort of things like you know, Ulla or Mount Warning to being the local the local park or you know, the main drag or the local footy field or whatever it may be, it starts to interfere. You know, if suddenly they have three hundred thousand dollars of absolute beachfront property on the Sunshine Coast and they're saying, no, you can't put your condo there, that's when the proverbial will really hit the fan.
Speaker 7: And so I.
Speaker 3: Think naturally they're not going to say yay native titles. So the Kabbycabby people in it on the Sunshine Coast aren't going to be like, great, now we have over three hundred and sixty five thousand hectares, but we're just going to leave it as is.
Speaker 4: Everyone business as usual.
Speaker 3: We're not going to exerss.
Speaker 8: What happens in the vast majority of case, like in the vast majority of cases that might be huge farming properties where it just goes on and you're just because this has been going on for years, for decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And why do you think they want it if it's so useless, if they intend to do nothing with.
Speaker 8: It, Largely because they just want to be acknowledged, often because they want to be consulted in terms of what happens.
Speaker 7: On the land.
Speaker 8: I think that sometimes they get a little bit of compensation to the local.
Speaker 2: Average there you're starting very much appreciated name.
Speaker 8: But that money is meant to go and I know that it doesn't always, but that you know, the money they get is meant to go in being able to build up their communities and to help get jobs for these people and be able to you know, redress some of the disadvantage.
Speaker 2: If it's sobernign, and if it's so innocent, then give the details to them.
Speaker 7: I think this is the thing.
Speaker 1: I think the fact they keep that.
Speaker 7: This is the exact point.
Speaker 8: So this is exact point, and this is what goes to Liz's map as well, which is that on paper it does actually look kind of terrifying us what they're going to have freehold over, you know, the whole town whatever. Whereas in practice again so just.
Speaker 1: Acolytes probably.
Speaker 7: But the point then, why do they want paper?
Speaker 8: It is nothing because I think all this stuff on paper, much like with the Victorian kind of treaty process, is this ridiculously viventine thing where they're saying all sorts of tortured words, all sorts of buzzwords that are crammed into a document to try to make everybody happy, and it actually doesn't make any difference at all.
Speaker 7: And that tells everything I.
Speaker 3: Was saying that the government, in giving out all this native title land, is just laughing all the way to the bank, being like, oh these stupid.
Speaker 8: No no, no, no, no no. I think, yeah, well, I think the government is in large part just saying all right, just.
Speaker 7: Here's your thing, here's your thing. We'll walk this all out behind closed doors. And you know, the government's got no le do that.
Speaker 2: It's not their land to just come and give away to a group that they're trying to, you know, gain even.
Speaker 8: Under Native Title Act that would have the right to do that. But I think the point is it's certainly ridiculous for you. It's a ridiculously convoluted process that I think if someone just came in cold at face value, you would think again, as I said, Holy, oh my god, half the state of Queensland doesn't belong to us anymore.
Speaker 2: I reckon if Queensland opposition leader, perhaps soon Premier David Chris A. Fooley, spoke out about this, he'd get a lot of support, but he's not wanting to speak out about too much. He's less than a month away now from the election. He looks like an absolute shoe in for the top job, but he's trying desperately to avoid any controversial issues so that he won't be obstructed. However, there's an email going around. It's come from an LNP official talking about how Queensland has been captured by transgender ideology and that the LNP, once they get into office, should ban puberty blockers being given to miners. The email came from Alan Baker. He's the chair of the party's Griffith divisional council. Now the Guardian newspaper have gotten hold of this email and they've been asking David Chrisfooley, do you agree that Queensland has been captured by transgender ideology? And are their plans to block miners from having puberty blockers? And David Chrysi Fooley is steadfastly refusing to answer any questions from those issues. And this is the problem that we have as conservatives. Our conservatives don't want to be seen as conservatives. Scott Morrison was a massive disappointment because he was elected in the whole lot of us thought, finally, not only will we get some good economic management that didn't go so well, but maybe we'll get someone who stops the mad social conditioning and all the propaganda going into our schools, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And then Scott.
Speaker 2: Morrison turned around and said, really, I don't want to get involved in the culture wars. Well, a lot of us were hoping he would get involved in them, because the Culture Wars happened, whether you get involved or not. David Chris Fooley is trying to play this small target. He's been asked over fifty times about abortion and he won't say anything about it, even though Robbie Katter has said he will introduce a bill to in some way restrict abortion. David Chris Foley won't say whether he would personally support a cross bencher's bill or whether he would allow a conscience vote on behalf of conservative politicians. He just won't answer the question. Surely, we want a conservative leader who's going to have the courage, especially when he's got such a massive lead in the polls, show the courage of your convictions.
Speaker 1: That's exactly I actually.
Speaker 3: Believe exactly why he won't show the courage of his convictions if he has any, because I would challenge any man who wants to then turn around and be like, no, I did believe this stuff all along after they've left pass from me a favor. You're a weak man, You are a week leader. You do not belong calling yourself a conservative when we finally get one elected and you just turn out to be a massive disappointment. But you've unwittingly, I think, put your finger on the very reason why he's not coming out.
Speaker 4: On any of these hot topic issues.
Speaker 3: He is doing well in the polls, and you cannot underestimate the amount of backdoor polling these guys do. Nearly everything that comes out of their mouth is due to what they've polled and they know where people stand.
Speaker 4: And this close to an election, this guy doesn't have a suicide mission.
Speaker 3: He's not going to be saying any of the things you want to hear. Hopefully, if and when he gets elected, he will then be like, Okay, now I have the care I can speak to these.
Speaker 2: Put your finger on one of the problems in our country. That a suicide mission. If you say gender is a fixed biological reality, that's sort of suicide mission. Almost the entire country would believe in you. If you said abortion, well, look, let's not say it's murder. Let's just say it should be rare, and it should be a last resort and it should not be celebrated on social media.
Speaker 1: Most of the country would agree with you. If you said that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, the euthanasia undermines the sanctity of life, most people would say, yeah, that's probably a point.
Speaker 1: It's not a suicide mission.
Speaker 4: An election.
Speaker 3: He is not going to touch those with a ten foot pole. I worked for local, federal, and state government for almost a decade. Trust me, He's not going to touch it. Of course, not going to touch it.
Speaker 8: It's a little something. It's a little something called democracy. And the reason he's not going to touch it. Is exactly what you said, which is that every single poll, all the all the private polling they've done behind closed or all the focus groups that they would have tested everything under the sunnin would be saying that, actually, no, most people is.
Speaker 2: Not what we criticize the labor politicians for. Didn't we say it's not everyone everyone does and I like them to be different.
Speaker 1: I'm believe it that just maybe you have a conservative.
Speaker 8: The left does the exact same thing. Just look at Kamala Harris as casting all our old policies off like so much ballast because they know that when it actually comes to the crunch, the electorate sits pretty much somewhere in the middle, and if you're seen as being too far to the left or too far to the right, you are not going to get elected, even if you have a seemingly unbeatable lead like David Chris.
Speaker 2: You're now saying that to say that a man is a man, a woman is a woman and you can't cross from one to the other, that will is now so unsayable that you would you would dare not say it.
Speaker 7: For fee I think clearly.
Speaker 8: I mean, I know people will have crossed from one to the other, and so yes, I would certainly say that that most people would Most people I don't think would be on board with, you know, the kind of crazy ideas of seventy two different genders or genifal whitdeo or whatever things like that.
Speaker 7: And I should say my.
Speaker 8: Wife works for the advocacy group of Quality Australia which does these issues. But I think the vast majority of people would understand that that you can be born in a body that you do not think is actually yours. There count I think that do you not think they not feel whatever you want to call it, but is it true?
Speaker 7: Yes, born in the wrong bo same as if you're born gay.
Speaker 1: The majority of Australians don't subscribe to that.
Speaker 7: I think, I think absolutely they do.
Speaker 1: Maybe they do foolish.
Speaker 7: The most would have.
Speaker 8: Encountered, but most would know people like Carlotta for example, my beautiful friend Carol, how are you?
Speaker 7: And you know?
Speaker 8: And Sky News viewers would know Kate McGregor, and so you know if you accept that those two people a very high profile in the case of Kate McGregor, very well respected, conservative, brilliant cricket were born and a brilliant cricket writer. If they were born male but all their lives believe they are female and have now taken on that role physically as well become that physically as well.
Speaker 3: I think they haven't become that physically as well as a woman.
Speaker 7: No, I'm sorropy.
Speaker 4: You can look amazing, but.
Speaker 2: There's no question that people believe that to be their reality. But on the other hand, most people would say, you know what, I still fall back to biology, which is gender is a fixed biological reality.
Speaker 7: Yesterday is a.
Speaker 8: Fixed biological reality, but the concept of gender is slightly different.
Speaker 3: Well, moving on to what happens when we do have week leaders who will not take this issue and simply declare biological reality as an indisputable fact. To the state of California, which in July Governor Newsome passed the nation's first bill of its type, which meant that, sorry, I want to get this right. Educators do not have to tell parents if their kids are transitioning at school. So if their kids want to go by a different name, if their kids want to use different pronouns, this school.
Speaker 4: Does not have to tell the parents.
Speaker 3: This is the bill that made Elon musk Up and leave California and relocate his company X to Texas.
Speaker 4: He was so outraged by the fact.
Speaker 3: The governor Newsom in the state of California seemed to think that the state can now own your kids and transition them behind your backs. He was like, right, well, you've lost my business and I'm out of here. Well, one of the local councils in California, the city of Huntington Beach, is now suing the state.
Speaker 4: It's got nine families.
Speaker 3: In this little class action business that they've got going on. These are families who have been affected by this, whose children were transitioned at school without their knowledge. Lena not her real name, one of the mothers of a trans teen who is no longer trans speaks to this issue. She says, if I had known that they socially transition kids at school behind parents, fact, I would have never put her in public school. I would never give up on her or any child. She is my child, not the schools, not the states, or this country's well said lady. So this is going to be a court case to keep a good eye on, because this is going to set a very important precedent. While California is the only one to have these laws in the United States of America. This is the first time it's been properly challenged.
Speaker 4: It's by nine families.
Speaker 3: City of Huntington Beach seems to be a really based city in California, by the way, because we were talking about them just last week, and they were the ones who ran a poll and said we want voter ID in our city this election. Governor Newsom also scuffered that move by the city. But here they are again making headlines all the way here in Australia because they're now taking on the state.
Speaker 4: Regarding this horrific policy.
Speaker 3: That means the state does get the final say of what's happening with your kid at school.
Speaker 2: And these lawsuits hopefully will soon be coming to a suburb near you because these laws are similar here in Australia. Have a look at this from the Victorian Government's Safe School's website, where they advise on parental consent regarding trans issues. It says there may be circumstances in which students wish or need to undertake gender transition without the consent of their parents or carers, and or without consulting medical practitioners. If no agreement can be reached between the student and the parents regarding the student's gender identity, or if the parents will not consent to the contents of a student support plan, it will be necessary for the school to consider whether the student is a mature minor, the implication being then they would help this student to socially transition at school, with or without the parents' knowledge or consent. So great that there's a lo also in the United States, but I tell you state governments and in Queensland as well, I'm begging for lawsuits.
Speaker 8: Certainly die to their friendly safe schools. But the key difference there is that this there does at least have to be some attempt to get the consent or some attempt at consultation with a parent.
Speaker 3: Some attempt no, because in what we just read there it doesn't rule out so it basically says, if.
Speaker 4: There can be no agreements between.
Speaker 8: That's right, then I can proceed, But it can't be done without a parent's knowledge.
Speaker 3: I could easily consist of the child simply telling the school my parents aren't on.
Speaker 4: Board with this. They would be so mad, et cetera, and so on.
Speaker 3: It doesn't rule out that scenario, and that is what it's referring to which gives the school in Victoria the power to transition your kid. Let's go to a leader now that we'd all love to see in Australia, just one. Can we just have one Australia who talks like this when it comes to the garbage kids are taught in school.
Speaker 9: On this matter, I will support universal school choice. We will get critical race theory and transgender insanity the hell out of our schools immediately, and we will keep men out of women's sports.
Speaker 4: Incredible, word for word.
Speaker 3: Can they just copy paste and to be like not in schools leave the kids alone?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you saying he's just saying stuff without first look at the polling. So it can be done, if only someone in Australia would do the same thing.
Speaker 3: He's got different polling over there. I'm telling you what we're told.
Speaker 1: You were to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in the papers, including Peter Beatty format Labor Queensland absolutely gives it to the Albanezi government over their Middle Eastern policy.
Speaker 1: That's coming up in a moment.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news. Tomorrow. We were talking earlier about this act. Gren's candidate who compared Jesus and Osama bin Laden Joe.
Speaker 1: She's on the front page of the Camera Times.
Speaker 8: Again, in her defense, they're both long haired, bearded and wear roads, so it'd be very easy to confuse the two, I would think. But he's on the front page of the Camera Times. It's just it's amazing. Anyway, she's on the front page of Canbra Times. Candidates martyrdom post quote creative writing, as we discussed here, creative writing that gets more and more creative because she's gone back in and changed it again. I guess, you know, I like with a lot of great writers, a lot of great poets. You know, it's never quite finished, the work has never quite finished, going in there just to tweak it a bit, you know, just to really make it see anyway, But the thing that the thing that got me about this story is just ABA. This is the response of Chief Minister Andrew Barr, who is the Labor Chief Minister Labor Left, I should.
Speaker 7: Stress, Chief Minister of the AB, of the ABC and the AC.
Speaker 8: But he needs I believe that he still needs the Greens to form a majority in the Legislative Assembly. And this is him taking a tough stand against this outrageous act of terror, terrorist and terrorism adjacent writing. He's the chief Minister. Andrew Barr said what miss Rangaa Jan had written was.
Speaker 7: Quote not good.
Speaker 8: Oh that's got a sting. He's going to be remembering that. She's going to be tasting that for years to come. Not good, and said it was up to the act Greens to clear the air and settle the matter. Whoa more strong language, but get this, Get this is I mean, seriously, this guy. You do not want to cross him. Death is too good for his enemies. You ready quote. I don't think it should stand. It should be taken down.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 8: He said that comparing Jesus Christ to asamab in Laden and praising them both as wonderful martyrs is so incredibly offensive that the Greens should quote clear the air, and that he thinks the blog post should be taken down.
Speaker 1: Record.
Speaker 8: Not that I was going to put it in giant let us on mount Ainsley. I thought that would be a tough enough punishment. But this guy records that needs to be taken down. Holy moly, don't cross it. These political enemies must have been quaking in their boots right now. I thought rich O was tough. If this guy wh.
Speaker 4: She shouldn't be running.
Speaker 3: He's not saying act Greens, get rid of this lady. What are you doing first of all running a twenty year old, but a twenty year old with this kind of rhetoric about terrorists, do me a favor.
Speaker 4: He's not saying anything like that. He's just like, oh, you just take the bows down. Problem solved.
Speaker 3: Its what a career politician Andrew Bah, Yeah.
Speaker 7: That should be taken down.
Speaker 8: You know what isis keep putting those beheading videos on social media and now it would really show them if.
Speaker 7: We told them to take them down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, takedown perfect fixes everythings the problem.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to the front page of tomorrow's cans Post. You remember a while ago a helicopter has flown into the top of a hotel, killing the pilot. Well, there's been an investigation findings released after fatal flight. Pilot drinking before crash, reads the headline. A twenty three year old cans Man who crashed a Nautilus Aviation helicopter into a city hotel was affected by alcohol after drinking on a night out with mates before the fatal flight, and investigation has found. The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has finalized its report after a helicopter plowed into the roof of the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel in Cans in the early hours on August twelfth. The investigation found that Blake Wilson, who was able to fly that particular helicopter, he'd just never been in it at night and he hadn't been given permission to fly.
Speaker 7: That a pretty big qualification.
Speaker 2: Too fairly large qualifications. He was out drinking till all hours. He left his apartment at just after one am in the morning, took off in the chopper at one forty seven am, crashing it at one point fifty one am. And the entire thing was due to alcohol. He was flying very low, he flew over his own apartment a couple of times and clearly obviously affected by alcohol, misjudged flew into the hotel. So that's your investigation was, that's what happened, Liza, You've got the Australian I.
Speaker 3: Do indeed, big splash reads Labor in a two state day dream. Labor elder Peter Beattie has condemned the Albanesi government's core Middle East policies, warning that a two state solution is a quote day dream end quote unless Israel's enemies accept It's right to exist, and that ceasefires will fail without the backing of the region and major powers. Be to Beatty telling Labor that the skies blue.
Speaker 4: Do you think they'll listen?
Speaker 2: Well really now, of course, But he gets stuck into labor leadership. He talks about the argument has been hijacked by extremists amid a collapse in political leadership.
Speaker 1: Well, who would that be referring to?
Speaker 2: He goes on to talk about in the Western world public policy cowards who have undermined political debate. He talks about politicians spouting gibberish which now passes as leadership. It's a pretty harsh critique of the lack of leadership that Anthony Albanezi has given.
Speaker 8: This issue well again, as has become a running theme on this show, politicians, when they no longer need to be elected or to be accountable to people, suddenly find their opinions much.
Speaker 7: Liberated, shall we say?
Speaker 8: And go byma the other bed I really like Peter Betty.
Speaker 1: And a fair point, but he's not wrong I.
Speaker 8: Think he's right, of course, of course, but again we come back to that problem. Can you properly separate? Can you draw a lot between Hamas and the Palestinian population that elected them just a decade or so ago. I don't think there's been any elections since. Can you draw a line between Hezbollah and the populations of southern Leamonine and when they have been so infused.
Speaker 2: That's one other part of this article that I was shocked to read. The Australian can reveal the government is rolling out thirty million dollars in funding for Australia's Palestinian and Muslim communities. The funding grant is to help social cohesion. I'm surprised that the Muslim community are getting thirty million dollars for social cohesion.
Speaker 4: Are you really surprised?
Speaker 1: I am surprised.
Speaker 2: I would have thought it's a Jewish community that needing extra security and assistances.
Speaker 3: When we're talking about this government, not the one you wish you had.
Speaker 8: Sure that the moderate, peace loving Muslims in our community have the resources they need to.
Speaker 1: When I love them, I'd love to find them.
Speaker 7: They're everywhere, They're everywhere.
Speaker 8: I've got to say that I just love well an interesting thing as long as I'm dishing out free advice on the show. Another little story at the bottom of the eyes. Super retail chair ordered emails deleted. Court told a super Retail Group chair Sally Pittkin, allegedly ordered an employee to delete her email account to conceal whistleblower complaints of an affair between the company CEO and human resources boss, according to claims in new court documents.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm not.
Speaker 8: Going to pass judgment on the allegations involved or the veracity of the claims.
Speaker 2: You are, I hope you are, But I will say that judgment if we are.
Speaker 7: Going to try to cover something up, if allegedly.
Speaker 8: Allegedly you are going to try to cover something up by deleting all the emails that could potentially reflect poorly on you, insaid court case or ensuing investigation, allegedly allegedly allegedly do it yourself.
Speaker 7: To do it, because what now you have to kill them? You don't want that day? Then you coming that up?
Speaker 1: Oh my god inher.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is this is unendorsed advice by Joe Hildebrand.
Speaker 7: Give me a call. I'll talk you through it. Here's you know, honestly, Bob, I've.
Speaker 8: Got all these incriminating emails on my servant. Do you know how I can delete them all? What's another for it?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 8: You don't have the health desk? Yeah, I can't say sorry, gone through the Philippines. Oh yeah, hi Shwan, could you just help me delete all those potentially dodgy Oh my.
Speaker 1: Quick, Joe before we go.
Speaker 7: The sorry quickly sorry betting secret. We're talking about this well.
Speaker 8: Premier Allen has made a formal apology to Victoria's stolen generations that is absolutely wonderful, except no one actually saw or heard her do it. She did it in a private meeting and then tweeted about it later.
Speaker 1: So so she's apologizing on me.
Speaker 2: Half of Victorians been insisting Victorians aren't allowed to know about it, the Victorian media aren't allowed.
Speaker 1: To report it. But she's done it on behalf of Victorians.
Speaker 4: Do you have to defeat the whole purpose? Like you're a premier. It's all about the photo op.
Speaker 3: It's all about fronting up and being like, we are so sorry. Did it in the National Parliament exactly so you know, it's one of those if a rock falls in the forest and no one hears a fall.
Speaker 4: Did it really fall? I mean, how do we even find out about it?
Speaker 2: Runs a state like it belongs to her. We're going to go to a break. When we come back. German police shocked to find the speed camera capatures the Cookie Monster hurtling down a highway that's coming up in a moment, we'll show you the police vision. Okay, Liz, you've got a hilarious story from Germany.
Speaker 1: Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: I do too, As we know, you can't get a speeding find these days without getting a new profile picture. The cameras are everywhere, and there's no denying that it was you who did the deed, because they've got a photo of you. Well in that, imagine the German cops flipping through their photos and realizing they caught the Cookie Monster doing fifty miles an hour in a no, sixty miles an hour in a fifty mile an hour zone.
Speaker 4: What a well, well, this guy's up for a fine.
Speaker 3: But how were they to know who was indeed driving? I'm quietly taking notes here. So they did finally catch the culprit and hear his.
Speaker 4: His official interview with the police force.
Speaker 1: See is for Cookie that's good enough for me. See is for cookie? That's good enough for me?
Speaker 7: See is for cookies?
Speaker 1: That's good enough for me?
Speaker 7: Call cooking cookie cookies doves.
Speaker 4: Just jokes.
Speaker 3: But the police weren't finding it very funny at all. In fact, they're quoted as saying the fun of wearing a mask from a Muppet show can quickly turn seera.
Speaker 4: It won't help the relatives of a.
Speaker 3: Person who has been killed if the person who did.
Speaker 4: It tearfully regrets their mask fun in course.
Speaker 7: How to bus kill?
Speaker 3: Can it impede your how much vision you can see?
Speaker 2: But can I just say this is why the police are so inept the Muppet Show.
Speaker 1: It's Jerry Street. They're not going to catch him now.
Speaker 7: Thank you? Another wrong show. That was the first thing I thought before we go.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you about Victoria's most interesting lorn bowler, Bruce Hallman. He just passed away recently, having been a member of the Doncaster Bowls Club.
Speaker 1: For fifteen years. But here's the story.
Speaker 2: After he died, he left more than a million dollars, not to the Doncaster Bowls Club, where he'd been a member fifteen years, but to his arch rivals, the Donviale Club just up the road.
Speaker 1: Now, the Don Vale Club were.
Speaker 2: So surprised, actually actually had to ask members, does anybody know this guy who's just left us a million bucks? His own club thought it must have been a mistake, so they took legal action, saying he must have gotten confused and forgotten which bowling club he was a part of. But apparently five years ago he attended an open day at the Rival Club and they picked him up from home, took him there, gave him beers, took him back. He was so enamored with it and so grateful he left all the money to the Rival club.
Speaker 8: Wow, I think you know a god, what a fair weather.
Speaker 1: That's it from us.
Speaker 2: We're going to go, But coming up is the Rita Pennety show stick around