Speaker 1: Welcome the Late Debate. Well, it's great to have your company for another week.
Speaker 2: On the Late Debate, I'm James Macpherson with Liz Stauer and filling in for Caleb Bond is Joe Hilda brand Well. If Cringe wins elections, then queens Land Premier Stephen Miles is a shoe in for the October poll. We'll show you his latest horrendous social media effort a little later. Plus, when we look at the papers, young labor members in revolt over Anthony Albanese's treatment of Fatima payment and Australian military commanders warned that our bases are vulnerable to missile attacks.
Speaker 1: But don't worry. In ten years we'll have adequate defense systems, they say.
Speaker 2: But first, let's talk about elections, because there's been a couple in Europe. Both the French and the English went to the polls with some interesting results in both instances.
Speaker 1: We'll talk first about the French election, where.
Speaker 2: Right wing National Rally We're expected to do very well after leading at the first round, but on the weekend it was the left's new Popular Front that won the most seats, despite the Conservatives winning more votes. Now we'll talk about what all of that means in a moment.
Speaker 1: But first we've got to go to a few of our lefty friends in France.
Speaker 2: Here's one French lefty explaining just how happy they are to have won more seats. Who and of course here's his French colleague celebrating love and joy. That, of course is a number of immigrants who also voted in the polls, helping the left leaning parties to the most seats. But this is how they displayed their joy at winning. So Liz, I'll though you'll help us unpack the results in a moment. But first, what is it with lefties? When they lose, they riot, and when they win, they riot.
Speaker 3: That's just how they're celebrate. They're really happy.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: I mean, the French elections were rigged, pure and simple when you look at the lead Lopez party had, and we already knew that they'd done it very well because last month in the EU elections, remember this map. The only department Lapens National Rally lost in the European Union elections just last month.
Speaker 3: The only one they lost was Paris the blue.
Speaker 4: There is every single seat that said we reject immigration and the islamification of our country.
Speaker 3: We want to take France back.
Speaker 4: That was, of course, what triggered the French president saying, oh, hang on a minute, let's just go to a snap election because obviously people aren't supporting me. I'm not getting the people's vote here. That's why we had this snap election. But remember France has their elections a week apart, two of them. If you get over fifty percent in a seat, it's game over, red rover and that seat is spoken for. In the seats that that doesn't happen, anyone who gets over twelve point five is still in the running for the next round. So what did mccron's party and their cronies do. They withdrew over two hundred of their own candidates because they didn't want to split the lefty vote or basically any vote that would go to anyone but Lapen's party that didn't want to split that vote. So in the week between those two elections, they withdrew over two hundred candidates, solidifying the vote.
Speaker 3: And that's how they managed to win. I mean, look, she still came.
Speaker 5: Pretty effective tactic, though.
Speaker 4: Isn't it That is that is Jobi Oki Peterson level Jerryman as just.
Speaker 6: Saying, we know that, we know this is not an election that a centrist party can win. So we're just going to pull out and let the hard right and the hard left slog it out and the hard left ragtag bunch that they are.
Speaker 3: And I do not like the in other ways.
Speaker 4: So and what the right is almost forty Frenchy's voted for the Penn and yet she came third. I mean, when you look at the distribution of votes and how they pulled this off, I just think, as the guy who should be Prime Minister, Jordan Bardello, said, this was an alliance of dishonor. That's what these guys did. They gerry Man did the vote. That's how they got the results that they did.
Speaker 3: But of course Lippenn, true to form, she is undeterred.
Speaker 6: MT and the.
Speaker 1: Mayor and continue a Monte victor.
Speaker 4: And while the left celebrated, there didn't seem to be a French flag in sight.
Speaker 3: I think it's a frightening trend.
Speaker 4: Of course, there was a record number of immigrants who voted in these French elections as well, which would have also affected the vote very much. Lipenn's party being that stood very firmly against mass immigration and indeed the Islamization of France.
Speaker 3: That's what she was.
Speaker 4: Incredibly popular for and what most people know the party for. I think it's alarming because elections like this start to wake people up to the simple fact of they can't vote their way out of this. They can't vote their way out of this, and no one can look on in the coming years and say, oh, well, you got what you're voted for, because they actually didn't. And it's well said that those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.
Speaker 3: Because the unrest.
Speaker 4: In France you laughed, Joe, but the past growing.
Speaker 3: For many years now.
Speaker 4: I like many people keep up to date online watching real stories on the streets of French. She's saying, our country has lost, France has been conquered. Those people aren't going to go quietly into the good night. And when they see an election that has clearly been jerry manned like this, you're you're stirring up a lot of.
Speaker 6: But I think there's a difference between rigging an election and actually just using what tactical what tactical weapons you have available, what political strategies you have to get the least worse result.
Speaker 1: That's not rigging it.
Speaker 5: That's not rigging the election. Ringing the election is doing something it was permissible. That's right. It's not a jerry manner.
Speaker 1: Jerry manner is appropriate is another?
Speaker 5: But that's right. Is it decidrable? Yes? Is it illegal or rig No?
Speaker 6: Now, I think to be honest, the Left have probably kicked a massive on goal by the way they've carried on and the riots that they've done. They probably no one will be able to form a government. It would seem no one will work with each other. Already, the new Popular Front is attacking Macron, who basically just got them in a position to it does on government. Well, who with no one's going to work with you because the Front is not a united group of people.
Speaker 2: You've got social you've got communists, all the.
Speaker 6: Worst people you can possibly imagine, right, there's all these are all the sort of people that you know. The Labor Party has spent the last few decades trying to expel from its party, and as we'll see later on, hasn't done. They just keep finding their way back in. So they're a terrible bunch of people. I think they will be seen to be the angel the left, you ask why they right even when they win, because the hard left is just hardwired to protest. They actually don't know what to do with power because they would have nothing to actually protest against. This is why the Greens can never ever hold government, and God willing, they will never happen. But of course none of what they would actually none of what they call for or what would ever be workable in government, and what they really want to do more than anything else is complain and say, oh this is you know. I mean, the minute the left is in control of the system, suddenly they can't complain about the system oppressing them, which denies their entire rays in detra that's a French term, by the way. So they're sort of hardwired to be anti they're hardwired hate, if you like, and that's why they're still going on their spree. And that just makes le Pen and the National Rally look better, look make them look like the more mature party, will make them look like adults in the room. And again, I would not like to see another violent revolution in France because it's had more than enough of those already over the years. But you know, if they carry on like that, then I don't think they will need a violent revolution. I think they can just say, well, we got the most votes and look at you, rabble, look at what you're doing.
Speaker 5: I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Timing of this is incredible, with the Olympic Games due to start in only a couple of weeks and French by some reports, completely ungovernable at the moment. As you said, no one won the right to govern themselves. Let's go to the UK where the election there was interesting as well. Labor of course one as expected, but with only thirty six percent of the vote and with only twenty percent of eligible voters supporting them. Voter turnout was at sixty percent, which is down massively on the last time the Brits went to poll.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that in a second.
Speaker 2: On top of that, five pro Palestinian candidates one seats, including Jeremy Corbyn. That has implications perhaps for Australia later on. And then of course there was the interest around Nigel Farage and the impact his campaign would have on Conservatives. Now is Farrage won three point two million votes, yes, but got only four seats compared to say, the Liberal Democrats who got two point five million votes. A million less but ended up with seventy eight seats. So you reckon France is a little bit Jerry Mannered?
Speaker 1: What on earth is it?
Speaker 4: And then you've got sin Fine that got seven seats with just two hundred and ten thousand votes.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you're doing here?
Speaker 4: Check out this graphic that someone did up saying this is what the UK Parliament would look like if there was proportional voting. These guys would have way less seats than they ended up with, because when you look at number of votes that they got versus the number of seats that they get, it's simply hair raising.
Speaker 3: And you see the problem.
Speaker 4: With the first past the post system. That is where this system that we've come up with simply falls.
Speaker 1: I think in that.
Speaker 2: Diagram, the light blue is the Reform Party. If they got as many seats as votes would give them proportional.
Speaker 4: The aqua there is what Nigel Farage would now be sitting on if the vote count was proportional to the amount of seats that they get. But it's absolutely hair raising how many votes you get versus how many seats you get.
Speaker 3: I know that's the system that they've.
Speaker 4: So but it again stands to reason there are a lot of people in the UK now feeling like, well, our votes don't count because we didn't have enough in our small plot. And so despite the fact that Reform UK had millions more votes, plenty of other parties got heaps more seats.
Speaker 3: Thank god they got it again.
Speaker 5: That is how it works.
Speaker 6: If you want proportional representation, abolish the House of Lords and replace it with a Senate like we have, and you will, and that's how you get the representation. That's why, until sadly in recent years, that's why the Greens never had a Lower House seat despite getting a ten or fifteen percent of the vote for years and years and years, until sadly that happened.
Speaker 5: God help us well.
Speaker 6: But again this is the whole thing, like you have to if you are running in the Lower House and you are running a campaign to try to and I think Reform actually did quite well for a brand new body for two weeks to get the sheer numbers that did and to pick up seats at all is pretty good.
Speaker 5: The Liberal Democrats are an.
Speaker 6: Incredibly old, well established party, or the Liberals anyway, well established party in the UK, and so they concentrate their campaigns in electorates that or favor them. You've got heaps of incumbent candidates. And again you ask why shin Fain had, you know, got seats and Reform didn't get as many or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: She finds an Irish Nationalist party.
Speaker 6: They ran in Ireland, they ran in Northern Ireland, which is still represented. So that's why. That's just how it works. That's just why you get there. You get local candidates running local campaigns, often on local issues or issues that are related to that region in the case of Ireland, and that's just how it works.
Speaker 4: If it's not how Tasmania gets as many senators as every other study's.
Speaker 3: Right, excuse me?
Speaker 6: What you can stable?
Speaker 5: How is that? That's right?
Speaker 6: You can say, well, how is that fair or whatever, but it doesn't mean again, it doesn't mean that it's rigged or that is just the system that we have if you want to change it and propose a different system. It's like the candidate's winning about wins you about the electoral college system in the UK when you know, because this time they didn't win the presidency, Hillary Clinton, I'm looking at you, so you know that is the system. That is how it works. If you if you think there should be proportional representation in the UK again, zack the House of Lords replace them.
Speaker 4: With an actual Well, that's never going to happen, but it certainly does highlights you. When you've got Lib Dems sitting on seventy seven seats, when they got less votes than Reform you Gay, which is sitting on five.
Speaker 6: That's right, but they got them where they got those votes, where it counted and where it mattered.
Speaker 2: And so you've got the new Prime Minister of the UK, Kiirstarmer, who, as I said, got a very small proportion of votes really, but an overwhelming majority.
Speaker 1: He said in an.
Speaker 2: Interview that if he had to choose between being Prime Minister or hanging with the folk in DeVos, well here he is.
Speaker 3: Have a listen, let us just ask you quickly.
Speaker 7: You have to choose now between DeVos or Westminster Davos. Why because Westminster is too constrained and you know it's closed and we're not having many Once you get out of Westminster, whether it's Tavis or anywhere else, you actually engage with people that you can see working with in the future of Westminster as a tribal shouting please.
Speaker 2: So Liz, You've got the new Prime Minister of England on records saying, if I had to choose between hanging with my British colleagues.
Speaker 1: Or being part of the World Economic Forum.
Speaker 2: And Davos, I'd rather be part of the World Economic Film.
Speaker 4: This guy is a Schwab loyalist. He's a World Economic for it, he's a globalist. He does nothing to hide that. They're very proud of it. He goes to Davos, he contributes on their panels.
Speaker 3: But here we have him now, a sitting PM who's on record saying I'd rather deal.
Speaker 4: With those guys because in Parliament people just agree.
Speaker 3: With me and there's shouting matches. In Davos, we're all.
Speaker 4: On the same page, marching out a gender twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: It's all marvelous.
Speaker 1: To be fair, there's not many in the British parments. I dist agree with him now because.
Speaker 4: So not at all.
Speaker 3: Majority. I think it's important that people know who he is and what he stands for.
Speaker 6: And that's saying the exact same thing that Donald Trump is saying when he says drain the swap.
Speaker 5: You can't trust Washington.
Speaker 6: He's saying that he's saying that Sminster is the same as full of tribal clicks, people who vote according to factional loyalties.
Speaker 5: Part I know, it's just part of what he's saying.
Speaker 6: He's saying Davas, and he's explicitly says Davos or anywhere else he said, being able to deal with big ideas, being able to do things without being constrained by those he is obviously been tough.
Speaker 4: He was asked Parliament Westminster Davas and.
Speaker 5: He goes on to say, and people would have heard.
Speaker 3: It for themselves.
Speaker 6: That's right, because he's saying that he's complaining about politics being so constrained.
Speaker 3: That's clearly what's Davos. They're all on a unity ticket with.
Speaker 6: All the there's more potential for actual real there's.
Speaker 5: More potential for actual real change.
Speaker 6: And I'll tell you what, Keir Starma is the best thing to have into the British Labor Party, the UK Labor Party since Tony Blair. If you if you don't, if you think he's left wing, you should have seen.
Speaker 5: The last guy.
Speaker 3: Oh please, Yes.
Speaker 6: He've got elected by the way, on a pro Palactindian ticket. Another party rat believe it or not. If you want to see what could be heading our way in Australia. Jeremy Corbyn, the man who supposedly Labor to his bootstraps, you know, the grand old comrade Corbyn turned out to be a dirty little Labor rat, lost the leadership and betrayed his party, ran against it as an independent in his seat on a pro Palestine ticket. Of course, he's not just pro Palestine. His pro any rubbishy socialist tinpot dictatorship, as fewed in South America is pretty fond of. And he was one of five who got up, and that is who would have been the leader of the Labor Party had good old kiss.
Speaker 5: Darma got up still leader he got he.
Speaker 6: Nearly got up. Jeremy Corbyn nearly got up. It was one of the biggest scared.
Speaker 2: Ki Is Starma got up because the Conservatives were so inept and they really they didn't fail. They betrayed the British public. Kirs Starma is comparatively boring and bland pair of hands. Nigel Faraj is the only real leader I have scene these days, and just.
Speaker 4: Thank god that he made it in because the next few years are going to be very interesting with that man in the House of Lord's taking them on to the Northern.
Speaker 3: Territory now with the police Commissioner.
Speaker 4: Has once again called for a curfew. Here's him explaining why.
Speaker 8: But unfortunately, in the last seventy two hours, we've seen some significant harm and civil disturbances. On Friday afternoon, we saw a police officer who was conducting his duties run over by a vehicle, suffering a fracture to his leg and his arm. He's in hospital still and he'll take some time to recover. On Saturday evening, we saw a large scale disturbance involving up to eighty people on the council lawns and our springs.
Speaker 4: But as Senator just Enterprise said today, and this was a really good point, she said, look, it's one thing to put a curfew in place, but unless you are addressing the underlying issues of why that curfew is necessary, what are you going to do? Just live with a permanent curfew or understandably it worked last time they saw things settle down after curfew was put on place, they lifted it.
Speaker 3: It's back in place.
Speaker 4: Now, but the issue underlying isn't being addressed, and therefore who's to say we're not just going to be in this endless cycle of curfew lifted.
Speaker 6: That's definitely what it would be. This is why the left lost the voice. And it was just an absolute tragedy to behold because for years and years and years, the trendy left, most of whom have not even visited any of these communities, have refused to acknowledge the extremity and the causes of Indigenous disadvantage, of the violence, of the alcohol abuse and other substance abuse, things like the stratospherically high rates of domestic violence and Indigenous communities compared to non Indigenous communities. And I've been just enterprise and I were on a unity ticket trying to raise awareness of this and talk about this stuff.
Speaker 5: And you would have social.
Speaker 6: Media warriors, social justice warriors on social media just swearing till they're blue in the face, just saying, oh no, no, it's no worse in Aboriginal communities than it is anywhere else. And there was racist to even suggest such a thing. I had one person. I'll never forget it. It's like, you know, there were all these stats on you know how Indigenous women in some areas we know thirty percent, thirty times more likely to be hospitalized because of domestic violence than non indigenous in remote regional areas. And so all these statistics, they're all out there, all these official Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, you know, Institute Criminology, like all these official stats out there that just no one talks about.
Speaker 5: And I had people say, oh, but how do we know that.
Speaker 6: It's Indigenous men committing indigenous violent domestic violets against these Indigenous women. Maybe it's white guys coming into these communities committing all this violence against the women and then just disappearing into the night peraths.
Speaker 5: This is how cooked people were.
Speaker 6: And then you have a proposal like the Voice, which is actually meant to be a circuit breaker, and say, right, we need to we need you know, we need to listen to people on the ground on how to fix these problems. For most of Australia, and indeed for most of the trendy left who were dominating the debate, they weren't even being told that these problems existed, let alone the extent of them. So you had, you know, you suddenly had the Voice, which was a solution to a problem that the left. The same people now suddenly championing the voice suddenly wouldn't even allow to acknowledge existed, were denying it actually existed. And so then, of course, in their cooked little minds, the voice suddenly becomes instead of being a practical instrument to address these disadvantage and address these problems, it then becomes about historical restitution or setting things right past historical mistakes. And of course at that moment you've completely lost the argument, because no one who is voting now is alive back then, and the vast majority of migrant voters, as we saw from the breakdown of who voted against it, said what the hell are you telling My family came here after the Second World War. I had nothing to do with seven natiy So they have they have literally got blood on their hands.
Speaker 2: Hosted Kredlin receiving and spoke to just into let's have a listened to some of what she said about the problems in the town of Ella Springs and how curfew is not sufficient to address it.
Speaker 9: The curfew is a temporary measure and one that we can't keep just going back to. We need to give to the root of the problem instead of treating it downstream. We need to start preventing kids from committing crimes in the first place.
Speaker 2: So it's the point that you made is that you're just going to have rolling curfews unless you deal with issues. You mentioned the Voice, Joe, that this headline was interesting today. Treaty and Truth Telling Body cuts staff eight months after Voice failure. This is the National Indigenous Australians Agency which is charged with implementing the Macaraate Commission. The Albanezy government allocated about seven and a half million dollars towards it.
Speaker 1: In their twenty twenty two budget.
Speaker 2: Well, they've cut their staff from three full time staff is to half a full time equivalent. Probably the wrong time to be setting up treaty and truth telling commissions when you've got such violence in Ella Springs and all of these issues continue to bubble along. No one's interested in these little superficial virtue signaling operations.
Speaker 1: People want to see real action and people help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the fact that the government doesn't have the Voice to work with, which arguably I don't believe it would have achieved anything that you said it was supposed to, Joe, that doesn't give them an excuse to not do the things that they said They were going to do, which was improved the quality of life for Indigenous Australians in this nation. That it boggles my mind that the taxpayer spends around forty billion dollars a year on Indigenous communities and we are not seeing where are the KPIs. Where does this government get off turning around to us being like, well, if you just change your constitution, that'll make a big difference. We all knew that it wasn't going to be. None of them rolled out KPIs for it. Otherwise the vote would have been a lot higher if they were like, this is how the voice is going to equal real world boots on the ground differences in these communities. No one could explain that, so no one believed it. It just seems like you want to change our constitution for absolutely weirdly no reason. And also there is just no excuse for the government not to have done more, not to have done better when you look at the amount of people and the already the countless organizations.
Speaker 3: To say that, oh, the voice is meaning that will listen.
Speaker 4: To people on the ground, you mean you haven't been doing that for which is why these systemic issues are continuing.
Speaker 3: What are you doing with forty.
Speaker 4: Billion dollars a year on about three percent of the population.
Speaker 3: Why can't you fix this. You're the government, you have all the.
Speaker 5: Resources in the well you have to.
Speaker 6: You can't fix a problem until you acknowledge that it exists, and you.
Speaker 3: Can't everyone's acknowledging it.
Speaker 5: Well, not everyone is. That that is the problem. That is the problem.
Speaker 6: Not everyone is. And so again I completely agree. Firstly, the government has done significant stuff since the Voice. They're okay, I think it's a billion dollars to education and billion dollars to housing in the NT for Indigenous people. But again, that will that's great, and it's fantastic, and so they should. But it will count for nothing unless you have that acknowledgment of the dysfunction of the violence. And again, we need to see the young Indigenous leaders of the future who would have been on the Voice or thought it was a good idea or wanted to.
Speaker 5: Be there, coming up and owning this and.
Speaker 6: Saying, right, this is a disgrace, what's happening in our communities. This is what we've got to do to fix it. We've got to take responsibility. We've got to start talking to the men in our communities and make sure this aren't acceptible the grog band. Again, there were community leaders at the time who were saying, when the grog bands were going to be rolled back, for the love of God, don't do this. And again it's actually one of the exams I use as to why a voice could have been more powerful and could have prevented that sort of stuff from happening, because if the voice had said it and the government had ignored it, we wouldn't have got the result that we did get, which was local people in the community, local voices if you like, writing letters saying don't do this. And it got buried, I know, but it wasn't transparent. No one knew about it, and so it just got buried in the bottom of a desk draw somewhere and the government just went ahead with this policy. So again it didn't have that transparency, it didn't have that sort of high profile visibility.
Speaker 5: But we need that.
Speaker 6: You know, these are difficult problems, they're complex problems, but they're also pretty clear problems as well, and you can't just say, oh, well, it's not you know, it's not our fault that you know, men are bashing our women at thirty times the rate of non indigenous communities because it's all kind of intersectional trauma and it's all because of colonialism or racing or whatever.
Speaker 5: That's bollocks.
Speaker 6: We can deal with that later on, but firstly, you cannot have communities that resemble more resemble war zones than they do that non indigenous.
Speaker 4: So why is this going on decade in decade out when the government has all the resources, they have all the data, they're not ignorant as to the stats that well.
Speaker 6: Again, as I said, that's right, and you know, Marca Langton is one of the people who came forward and presented these stats. As was just enterprise, as was its fancasment. They came forward, it was on the front page of Australia, ignored, and it just you know, and again, until the left makes this and the people who supposedly champion indigenous issues make this the front and center. They first, first we stopped the women being bashed. First, we stop the kids being bashed and abused. Until that becomes the number one priority, then of course everything else is gone.
Speaker 2: I've got to care more about Indigenous people than they do about their ideological talking points.
Speaker 5: So that happened.
Speaker 1: I think that is probably see some change.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the latest News poll here in Australia, which shows that things are tightening up as we head towards a federal election.
Speaker 1: The two party preferred vote.
Speaker 2: Now has Labor leading fifty one to forty nine as Dutton starts to make ground on the government, particularly in regards to his nuclear policy, and the coalition enjoys majority support in Queensland and in New South Wales as well as among males.
Speaker 1: According to the latest News poll, current trends.
Speaker 2: Indicate we'll end up with a hung parliament if it keeps going the way it's going. Liz Dutton is clearly making ground on Anthony Albanezi. There's a long way to go. Polls up polls, but they do indicate trends. This would be pretty encouraging to a man who, not that long ago, was considered unelectable by most of the left wing media.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and this pole encapsulates the last three months, so that is indicative, I guess of a trend. I just find it so hard to get interested in polls when we're at least ten months out to an election. Poles are fickle. It could be different next week. And I'm sure Labor is watching these and thinking of all the rabbits that they can pull out of a hat. Before say April next year, They've still got a massive lead into an election.
Speaker 6: So Joe the other I hope, I hope it's ten months until the next election.
Speaker 2: The other interesting out of the poll is the Labor of bleeding votes to the Greens when it comes to eighteen to thirty four year olds, and she's always going This poll was taken before Fatima payment.
Speaker 5: That's taken before and after.
Speaker 6: So what happens with these news polls with the state by state breakdown is they aggregate all the data from all the news polls taken over that period. I think it was between April and June from memory, and so they have a big enough mass of data to be able to do state by state breakdowns.
Speaker 5: You can see some of it there.
Speaker 6: For a normal news poll, the numbers that they get from each state isn't enough to be statistically significant, so you can have a you know, so you have to get way over a thousand votes nationally for that to be considered statistically significant, and even then there's a three percent margin of error.
Speaker 5: So this is a culmination I think.
Speaker 6: Between four and five thousand votes, which means you can actually drill down the payoff for that is that it's not one moment in time, so you can't explay right, this is as a result of the increase in inflation, or this is a result of Fatima payment, and indeed it most of the period is before the Fatima payment stuff came off. But young people are always going to be rebellious. Young people are always, i mean, it's a cliche, are going to lean to the left.
Speaker 5: I was a dumb student socialist.
Speaker 6: I'm now on the opposite side of the kind of left spectrum if you like. And so Labor has no value in chasing those votes because they will come. They will put the liberals last every time. Anyone who's to the left of the Labor Party is not going to put the libers ahead of them, So all those votes come back, thank you, preferential voting.
Speaker 5: Where they are in trouble is.
Speaker 6: With middle aged people, so you're sort of thirty nine to fifty four types. That is where they've gone backwards, and that is smack bang middle Australia, middle aged, middle class, middle income Australia. That is a problem for them. They need to get those back. And also, you know, talking about the timing of the election, and our very good former colleague PBO had a piece that raised a few eyebrows over the weekend that albou was thinking of calling an election on.
Speaker 5: August the thirty first.
Speaker 6: The fact that and I think it was fifty four to forty six, the coalition is up in Queensland.
Speaker 5: If that is.
Speaker 3: Played there, I think you go that early.
Speaker 6: No, I don't, I don't, I don't determine. So the thinking behind the early poldation there right, absolutely absolutely, that is the central to it. So the thinking behind the August thirty first Polder, as PVO put it, is that the RBA is more likely to raise rates in September than it is in August if there's an election campaign on.
Speaker 5: The RBA would be shy in seeming.
Speaker 6: To raise rates in such a politically charged period because it would undermine its a political impartiality, and therefore it would just wait and see, let the campaign run its course, and then late in September. I think that is very simplistic. There's also an argument that it would sort of tactically you know, flat foot or wrongfoot the Muslim vote movements, and they wouldn't have a chance to get their act together and come after it again. Tactically smart strategically, I think pretty stupid if you go to the polls in Queensland, even as a federal Labor candidate and they haven't got out of their system their hatred for Stephen Miles and state Labor. There you know again, fifty four to forty six, the coalition is up in Queensland. What is that going to do to Labor Party seats if it runs there? Before voters have voted in the Queensland state election and got all those brick bats out of their system. So again, it's that's why I think the early election thing would would be still a kamikaze move.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see it happen, though, wouldn't we All to the US now, where four more senior House Democrats are calling on Joe Biden buddy, pack up, leave, do not run for re election. Biden doesn't seem to be listening to any of these people, even though the polls unquestionably back them up. He has no chance of winning against Donald Trump, who will undoubtedly be the Republican nominee. Here he was busy over the weekend proving to everyone Biden he's still up for the job.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess what they're trying to push me out on the race.
Speaker 2: Well, let me say as clear as I can, I'm staying in a race.
Speaker 5: I'll bet Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: I will beat him again in twenty twenty.
Speaker 10: You're doing so well a little bit there, Oh, beat him again in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm not sure the president even knows what coloring is these days.
Speaker 3: Here he is again.
Speaker 6: I am proud to be, as I said, the first vice president, first black woman, with the black president.
Speaker 3: You're not black, Joe.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember you telling people back in twenty twenty, if you don't vote Democrat, you ain't black. Meanwhile, the latest Ipsauce poll shows that Barack Obama's wife, Michelle Obama, is the only Democratic nominee out of their pool of I don't even know whether to call them hopefools who could beat Donald Trump if it came to that. Of course, this is unfortunate because as recently as last week she released a statement saying I am not running.
Speaker 3: It's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: And what I can't believe is the Dems still won't give a side glance too. RFK Junior Edward Snooded tweeted recently which made me laugh because I've been thinking the same for a long time. Darkly, I'm using to watch panic Dems suddenly searching under the couch cushions for a candidate when Kennedy is literally.
Speaker 3: Standing right there.
Speaker 4: I love Joe, but he's been doing very well as an independent. I'm sure to be welcomed back and Democratic nominee.
Speaker 5: Thinking barbecued dog?
Speaker 4: No, did you see the video he made like chopping out because he has three dogs and he was chopping up chicken and frying it in the pan, being like this was supposed to be my dinner. But these guys have read the news. They're so upset by the fake news that I ate a dog, and he's like sitting on the floor and spoon feeding them and reading them.
Speaker 2: Well, the pole that shows Michelle Obama would my Trump. That same pole shows that Biden and Trump neck and neck.
Speaker 1: That cannot be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you.
Speaker 6: Know, if you laid all the poles in America and to end, they still wouldn't reach any vision.
Speaker 2: Mama's former strategist has said that if Biden runs. He will lose in an absolute landslide.
Speaker 5: There's no question about it.
Speaker 6: And this is what was really fun about, like Joe Biden saying they're trying to push me out of the election, and it's like all these sinister forces. Mate, it's your own team, it's your guys who.
Speaker 5: Now that's right, and he's going to win again in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: His team leaked notes today that showed This was in the UK Telegraph that showed that when he goes to an event, they're giving him not just notes of who to talk to, et cetera, et cetera, but they're actually maps about where to walk on stage, where the podium would be, where to walk off. He's getting all sorts of instruction. This is all being leaked, so I don't reckon he'll make it to no Vember.
Speaker 6: It's like when Homer said the Simpson's become the Thompsons, and Homer Simpson is being taught his lines. I guess when I say hello mister Thompson and stamp your foot, you say hello, hello, mister Thompson, and Homer goes.
Speaker 5: I think he's talking to you.
Speaker 6: That is now Joe Biden, good night, We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. That's coming up, Bignesstorm, welcome back. Well, let's have a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. Joe, you can kick us off with the Daily Telegraph.
Speaker 6: I certainly can, James. I don't know if you've heard of this little news sheet. It's a real ripper. Greatest newspaper in the country, great the world, great writers. There's this one bloke, what's his name? I can't be j something very handsome, and you would think, normally, I believe that sometimes that you know, when God's handing out qualities, it's a zero sum game, so you can't be like, if you're too good looking, then you're probably a bit stupid. But this guy, for some reason, managed to combine incredible intelligence with incredible intellect. I know, all in the same package. His name will come to me anyway. Meanwhile, on the front.
Speaker 1: Doesn't even write for the Daily Telegraph has seen Joe.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, someone called Claire Armstrong, who's also very very smart and good looking, has written on the front page of the DLHI Australia can clear legal hurdles and fire up nuclear reactor by twenty thirty five. Path clear for nuclear get it so both got clear a legal A top nuclear legal expert says australiaking clear the legal barriers to get a nuclear reactor up and running by twenty thirty five, as existing agreements and safety regulations mean the country is not starting from scratch. So the regulatory framework is there. Whether we have the technical expertise and all that stuff, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know any well that we can even port.
Speaker 4: But I love that a top nuclear legal expert is basically quoting every Sky News host for the last however many months.
Speaker 3: I'm like, great to have more how an expert.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: But we do know this already.
Speaker 4: It's your mates on Team Red who simply refused to acknowledge it in any way, shape or form, despite the fact that their new their green dream is falling over in front of their eyes. They know that nuclear would be useful in the mix.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a mess.
Speaker 6: It's just again to me, it's just money. I've got no problem with nuclear whatsoever. It's just a matter of the economic stack up and if it's cheaper than renewables.
Speaker 1: And as far as the regulatory framework.
Speaker 2: People talk about nuclear as if Lucas Heights does not exist.
Speaker 6: True, so that is just a research reactor, not a power react and so if it went into melt, not that a will, not that at will, that's fine, but basically nuclear if nuclear, if Lucas Heights was completely blown up, it'd be the equivalent of everyone in the local area getting an X ray.
Speaker 5: So it's a tiny amount.
Speaker 2: If you no three eyed fishes continua, they're all very safe.
Speaker 1: Now anyway, let's got.
Speaker 2: A good news story on the front page of tomorrow's Career. Male team takes control of runaway bus. This is a student from Aquinas College in Ashmore. The teenage girl has heroically saved her schoolmates from harm after she took the wheel of their bus when the driver suffered a heart attack. Now the driver was in charge of twenty five students. He had a heart attack when unconscious. This fifteen year old girl jumped up, removed the driver's foot from the acceller. Later took his hands off the steering wheel and she managed to steer the bus into a traffic light to slow it down before it eventually stopped, saving everybody on board from injury.
Speaker 1: Good kid. Give that kid her US license immediately.
Speaker 6: A very well fortun's still got a one star review because she didn't stop to pick up passengers for the rest of the road.
Speaker 3: To the front page of The Australian.
Speaker 4: Now, the splash reads military explodes to missile threats. Two of the nation's most respected military commanders say Australian personnel and key bases will be vulnerable to missile attack for at least another decade unless the government finds the money for air defense systems or the US steps in to protect them. Fairly, we could just pick up the phone to Israel and be like that whole lin dome thing you got going, we want to get pieces out over here. But no, you've trashed our relationship with them, so that's not going to happen anytime soon, is it.
Speaker 5: I mean, we just got the I think we need a slightly bigger dome.
Speaker 3: Nah nah, well even a mini one. It's just the basis. It's just the basis.
Speaker 6: We've got America.
Speaker 5: It's America's can save this.
Speaker 4: That's a hard so I actually think it would be a mini iron dome.
Speaker 3: It's the bases that they're talking about that they're trying to protect, and now you've made me lose my train of them.
Speaker 2: You quite right, it's the Americans American to rescue, which is why we just like all of Europe as well.
Speaker 1: But we have got American look.
Speaker 5: Like we're trying.
Speaker 6: That's the thing you have to look like you try, and Americans. The most important thing the Americans want is not military hardware or you know, personnel numbers. What they want is like moral support. What they want is for other nations to join them so it looks like they're doing the right thing and not just acting alone, which is why they had the coalition of the willing and why we probably should have sent a boat to Yemen to help them out, but we.
Speaker 5: Didn't because we didn't have one.
Speaker 6: But I'm sure we would have another yarn in the OZ that I absolutely love because it tells you everything.
Speaker 5: You need to know.
Speaker 6: Young labor tells PM we stand with payment. Young labor branches are revolting. Yes, they certainly are. Oh no, sorry, the sentence goes on. Young labor branches are revolting against the treatment of West Australian Senator Fatima Payman by the Albanese government, as some labor MPs and officials back an overhaul to the more than one hundred and twenty year old party rule.
Speaker 5: That's because the party is more than one.
Speaker 6: Hundred and twenty years old. It's basically a founding cornerstone anyway, that inhibits parliamentarians from crossing the floor. If Young Labor and again, to be honest, it's Young Labor branches, so this is just the left faction of Young Labor. So Young Labour's always a bit to the left of normal Labor, and then Young Labor's left is just. But if Young Labor left, which Anthony Albaneze obviously originally came from a rope, if Young Labor is going after Albo at his weakest moment, a Labor Prime Minister from the left and backing the person who's betrayed him instead of the l left PM, no, it kids.
Speaker 5: Might not be in the right party. You might just want to just go across the road to the Greens. I'm sure they'd love to have you. We'll welcome you back when you're about forty years old.
Speaker 2: Well, according to the article, not only are they calling for an overhaul of the rule that meant freedom of payment is now out of the party, but they're hosting her as a guest speaker at an event.
Speaker 3: How was she still in the game?
Speaker 4: Last week we were talking about the fact that she still has her Afghany citizen citizenship.
Speaker 1: Will she try you.
Speaker 3: Can't have a dual citizenship and sit in.
Speaker 2: Our federal I'm one with freedom of payment on that one, because apparently she tried to get rid of it, but there's no ability for the embassy if you can't actually in Afghanistan, So she's kind of stuck.
Speaker 6: So that's right, And there are other examples of that where people just literally couldn't.
Speaker 5: They're desperately like, unless you can.
Speaker 6: Get the other country to cancel your passport, it's like the Tarbo's going, oh no, she's still one of ours.
Speaker 5: No, we're not giving it back. But yeah.
Speaker 6: But the answer, the real answer to your question, Lise, is because it's fatima payment, the rules don't apply to her.
Speaker 5: No rules for clearly magical.
Speaker 6: Anyway, over to the Voice of Tasmania the Mercury, and I was intrigued by this little story in the top left hand corner here. Commission calling for budget rise. The Integrity Commission says it needs a bigger budget in order to fulfill a request it investigate all sexual abuse allegations against Tasmania police officers.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you picked the right headline there, guys.
Speaker 4: We're going to need a bigger budget.
Speaker 6: You've got Tasmanian police officers so rampantly allegedly sexually abusing people that they need a bigger budget just to investigate it. And the headline they've put on the article is commission calling for budget rise.
Speaker 5: Could you have at least got.
Speaker 6: Police or sex in the head No, I love you guys.
Speaker 3: They want to bury that part.
Speaker 4: So this is literally to independently investigate all grooming and sections allegations made against police officers.
Speaker 3: How many are there?
Speaker 4: You're like, Okay, we don't have the budget for this. We're going to need a whole more money if you want us to investigate every single one of the.
Speaker 5: This is not a fiscal story.
Speaker 6: I just like this is sexual This is not not a.
Speaker 5: Story about accounting. I love the.
Speaker 2: More money to protect people from police. We're going to go to a break when we come back. Can Queens and Premier Steven Miles be any more cringe? The answer, of course is yes, We'll show you in a moment.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, we've talked a lot about elections tonight, Lizen, there's one you in Queensland.
Speaker 4: Shortly, the Miles government is facing death by a thousand cards into every single poll that heap's coming out. Their demise looks set for later this year when Queenslanders will go to the polls. So what does the premier decide to do to maybe win back a few votes. He decides to insert himself in a still frame of the cast from The Fast and the Furious to announce to Queenslanders he's giving them twenty percent off their car.
Speaker 3: Rego's okay, We've got to play that for you again.
Speaker 10: He's so Hippi, he's so cool. Come on, guys, you one him for a premier. Queensland is burning, But who else can make reels like that? Joe, your face.
Speaker 3: Says it all.
Speaker 5: I just don't understand.
Speaker 6: I just I'm not sure the Fast and Furious guys actually pay their rego.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure they just you know, I just why, what is.
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it going to help me win the election?
Speaker 5: Joe? People, it's going to help.
Speaker 6: We're gonna help Albo lose the election because one of the really massive factors of inflation going up is incredibly inflationary state budgets, especially Queensland. So all this just handing out money handover fist is actually playing a massive role and a lot of economists have said this is playing a massive role in Well, we just saw that inflation number with a.
Speaker 2: Four, producing social media stuff like that. He'll be fine at the election, no question. Hey, before we go, you've got to check out America's National Education and Your Conference held at the weekend, and they talked about important things, you know, with due seriousness, such as social justice, the need for an education system built on equity. Listen to the associations national president, Becky Pringle, talking as exactly as you'd expect the president of the Education Association to speak.
Speaker 9: Anya, delegates, we can do this work.
Speaker 3: We must do this work. We get to do this work.
Speaker 9: We will do this work.
Speaker 4: Because our students are depending on us to.
Speaker 1: Win all the things.
Speaker 3: Any we have to win.
Speaker 4: All the things, all.
Speaker 3: The things, all the things. Our colleagues are depending on us.
Speaker 5: To win all the things.
Speaker 2: Liz, I've been to a Pentecostal church like that, but never to an education conference like that.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 3: What are all the things? By the way, can you not name them?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you just be like this for all their education equality? Like she didn't even reel off all the DEI usual hotware.
Speaker 6: I just love the fact that no one even realized what she was on about, and then the people behind her, oh yeah, like you couldn't. She's whacking the thing and everyone said that obviously not at all.
Speaker 1: That for the things.
Speaker 2: That's it from us stick around all the things from Auster moment is the redependehy program that's in just a moment