Speaker 1: The public has had a long held fascination with detectives. Detective sy a side of life the average person is never exposed to. I spent thirty four years as a cop. For twenty five of those years, I was catching killers. That's what I did for a living. I was a homicide detective. I'm no longer just interviewing bad guys. Instead, I'm taking the public into the world in which I operated. The guests I talk to each week have amazing stories from all sides of the law. The interviews are raw and honest, just like the people I talk to. Some of the content and language might be confronting. That's because no one who comes into contact with crime is left unchanged. Join me now as I take you into this world.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Clink. This is part two of my story with Gary Jubulant, and I think you're really going to enjoy this second part.
Speaker 1: Gary just ad for a sec when we had the and the cameras turned off, didn't we agree? It was the Clink and I catch killers.
Speaker 2: Well, I got you on the first episode. Well I tried to pull it on the second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, nah, nah, You're not going to sleep. Yeah, I learned, Gary jubilant. Okay, welcome back to part two of The Clink and I Catch Killers episode. I was ambushed in part one, but all jokes aside, I think we've got some worthwhile stuff to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, we really do. And look, I'm not going to apologize, as you haven't for anything stuff apologize, you know, like I swear by it. And I feel that these are the conversations that we need to have, and we have a platform to have this ability to have these conversations in a respectful manner, but a very direct and honest conversation. So to ore our listeners out there, I think from both of us, I hope you do appreciate where we've come from in the angle that we've taken, because I feel that it needs to have been spoken of. Part two is now and it really is something worth listening to. I feel that we're both trying to achieve a very similar goal in what we see in what's happening in our society, what's happening around the world, even you know, whether it be through our youth, our young person incarcerations.
Speaker 1: It seems like an angry place at the moment, doesn't it. It just has this feel, this vibe.
Speaker 2: It really does, and I think that it's it's scary as a father and both of us are of young, young persons. You know what, what does the world hold for them? You know, we're trying to keep our children. I wouldn't say protected as in knowledgeably protected, but definitely protected from things that could drag them into certain spaces.
Speaker 1: Well, you want like my thing when I was in the cops, like I wanted to make a difference in crime.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear you talk about the cops anymore. Like, let's move forward.
Speaker 1: But well the cops, all right, all you bikis too.
Speaker 2: Lets it was a criminal before I was a biking Okay.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying, I still want to make a difference and what I've learned.
Speaker 2: So Gary Jubilan wants to make a difference. I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to make a difference in the world the crime. I've still got passion, I've still got anger. I still want to channel it, channel it somewhere. But while I've worked out, these people have been making a bigger difference in the world of crime than I ever did. With guns and the handcuffs. These are the people that we're taught restorative justice. We talk about reducing recidivism, putting young kids, pointing them in the right direction. Imagine your life, Brent. I just thray, this is a hypothetical. If someone there and you went through some really rough stuff, if someone there was therefore you and pointed you in the right direction, could have that that could have made the world the difference to you, just one good person.
Speaker 2: And I've always said that. I even say it to my children. You know what is your excuse? You have, you know, parents that love you, a roof of your head, clothes on the back, You've got food on the table, You've got a warm bed to sleep in. You're very, very I guess, loved within your peers. You've got support within your sporting groups. All these wonderful things that are there for everybody. What is your excuse to not putting it in your best interest? And you know, being one percent better every day than what you were yesterday, You know what is the excuse? Because I know for me, I tried my best sleeping in a football oval middle of winter, telling people that you know I had a home to go to when I was I didn't, I'd go to football training I was a great football I had all the opportunities, but I'd wait till everybody had taken off. I'd sneak back into the dressing sheds, you know, after training in winter, have a quick shower, go and get my sleeping bag that I'd stash in, and I'd roll it out in the middle of a cricket pitch and a pitch black oval. Why because I felt safer in the middle, because I didn't think anyone would have the balls to walk through it. You know, things like that that our children don't have to be concerned about. You know what is the excuse?
Speaker 1: There is none, There is none but one life can go off track and your circumstances. Again, I keep coming back to it because it just blows me away that you've got to this point and you've given me some cutos full cu thos to you what you're doing with your life now, Like I know what you're doing, and you're trying to make a difference, and you are actually making a difference with the messaging that's coming out from the clink, because the one thing that comes across in the clink is about stories of redemption. So it doesn't matter how low you are in life, there's always a possibility that you can turn things around. And I think if we're talking about reducing crimes and lives that have gone off track, that's such strong messaging, isn't It doesn't matter where you are, you can make something of your life. You can turn it around.
Speaker 2: I want to give credit to everybody out there that has experienced you know, and I'm a big believer in lived experience is very very wealthy in knowledge, and I feel that there's a lot of us out there. And I say us as in a broader spectrum of persons who have walked the other side of life or whatever you want to call it. I don't like to label us as all criminals. Criminality is a part of my past. But there's a lot of men and women out there today whom are coming forward through their lived experience and making a difference in so many different spaces. For you to acknowledge persons similar to myself across that board, I think is a really really nice thing. And I think that it's actually not a bad thing seeing someone like yourself who has stepped away from that law authority sort of figure to now actually seeing things from a different perspective understanding more about the wise. Why do people become the way that they do. Why does someone like whom you were in that sort of position of law dealing with angry people with addiction, you know, just people with a high rate of crime. Why And now you're starting to see from the outside looking back in to the realisms of why people.
Speaker 1: I think where I'm in a fortunate position. I honestly believe I'm in a fortunate position because people are not going to look at me at there's a bleeding hard or a do good if I'm saying, well, you know, maybe we could do something differently that they not looking at me as just someone that's just been sold the dummy and oh yeah, let's go soft on crime and the world will be a beautiful place. It's not that way. You made the point of lived experience. I cannot stress highly enough how important drawing on that is. People like yourself. If you sit down and speak to someone whose life's going off track the path that you've gone, they're going to listen to you. I know what. I know what the brain's like. When you're a young bloken your head off in directions. You look up to certain people with certain people who listen to other people that you ignore. Before we sat down here and you ambushed me in part one I was talking to just had a text from Nata Hamden, who you know through through.
Speaker 2: And so much respectful. I was with him at Mount Penning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the top bloke and he's doing he's doing some work in the juvenile justice space and at schools and he was a top world rated boxer, thought for world titles.
Speaker 2: Nator Hamden is just a genuinely beautiful man who has a set of hands that could put anybody. He yea man. My fondest memories of him as watching him take it to a bully who was a man seekers back then twenty one and still be in the boys' homes, you know. And you know you said these older blokes standing over the younger blockers. Nate ha never copped anybody standing over anyone. Just was in his go And they went out in the oval out the front of war Pole and Vernon and mate it was on and they're just fed him and the over fool, you know, right out the front of what they called the snake pit, and Ny there just fed him. And it was a big thing because Nata didn't do it for glory, neally did it for the little person. And that's who he is. The lion heart. Well, well that's who he is, you know, and like he is giving back today and by going back into these centers.
Speaker 1: I just so impressed. And the way you've described him is when the kids takes boxing gear in there, I'll do a bit of training, break it down, and they look up to him and respect. And he's got all these words of words of wisdom based on his own life experience. And he managed to get through and not many do through that juvenile justice system, but not go back into in the prison as an adult. And so there's something therefore before him.
Speaker 2: Know, he was well known street cred wise. I don't be fooled that the fact that he wasn't lined up to do a big whack in jail. Yeah, he was going there one hundred percent. He was going to be another statistic. It didn't happen that way. You know, he was blessed and God put him on a beautiful path that allowed him to use his talents which were he gifted hands to be able to better his life. And now, what a beautiful family, what a great fathering you know what an inspiration to many.
Speaker 1: All these people like that. People are from drug addictions, and I know you've had a few on the clinkers, I have on eye catch killers. The ones that have gone down that path understand what it takes to break the addiction, and they've set up these retreats and different things. Yes, why don't we buy into it? I don't know if the government support them. I know that quite often they struggle for money. I know people like Nata are looking for opportunities to make a living now making good passing on these messages. So we need to invest in that.
Speaker 2: I think I think so too, and look to be honest with the gary. I had the honor of standing up some years ago now in front of nearly five hundred. Now you're going to hit me out there, I know because I'm going to say it wrong. Cleinetians. Is that how it's pronounced? Coordnicians, clinicians whatever. A bunch of fucking professional people that went to university.
Speaker 1: And got.
Speaker 2: To say that they know what life's all about. Now, hang on, let me take a backwards step there, because I don't want to offend anybody, and I mean this sincerely. We are definitely in need of some wonderful people out there in that space. But it was a national suicide prevention conference that was held here in Brisbane and I was invited to stand up and speak on behalf of lived experience. Now I was just just a kid from the streets, you know what I mean, like the Western Suburbs Housing Commission of Sydney that had a story. But the value of the story becomes so much greater in that moment because I was able to impact so many people through my words of being present and being able to share what it was like today. I love being able to help others, and I love being able to give back, and I love being able to listen and I guess serve and help the the dog and be somebody there who can be a voice. You know. The Clink is something that and this season we've switched it up. You know, We've done four years of stories of Redemption which has been very, very impacted and it took its toll on me. It did it really interest me, and it put me in a position where I wasn't sure if I was going to continue on doing what I did. Having seen the response from the public and the amount of people that the clink has helped. I felt that we needed to come back with something new and fresh. That being said, we've come in this season, season sixteen with being able to give people tools through each episode of our Guests, and I will ask you to leave two valuable tools that you feel could help somebody to be able to grow themselves in a way that enables them to have the confidence to chase their dreams or business minds or whatever it might be. Because we've all got these wonderful visions and beliefs that we can do this and you can do anything. I tell my kids, be the best, you can be, dream big because anything is possible. The thing is, we get stuck in this position where for me, it i'm hopeless, you know, like I have started a business that is starting to become really really good. It's not obviously anywhere near where it can be, but I'm working hard. Unfortunately, I'm not educated in some spaces in the IT era, like a space of the business, so I have to constantly learn and reach out and it'd be very easy for me to get it's all too hard. Fuck it, I'm just I'm done with it. Many others out there would be feeling the same over. Maybe they're too scared or too shamed to reach out to ask somebody that does, because I want to feel like they don't know that different.
Speaker 1: I think it comes into all aspects of life, and that if you surround yourself with good people, people that understand, like it is not my fothe a, but I've got friends that are good at it them I'll learn stuff from them and I might give them something. Surrounding yourself with good people. But yeah, life, life journey. I'm a big one, and I think society and maybe we're delving in too deep. And though I'm really cares well, I think that I'll say it anyway that you've got to work at things.
Speaker 2: Life.
Speaker 1: Life is going to give your setbacks. Life is going to kick your life is going to do all sorts of things. But you you've got to pay your dues and get in there and work and the reward will come. It might be instant, but it will come down down the track.
Speaker 2: I think it builds resilience, and I think that word is very powerful and each of us have to understand what resilience is. Once again, I refer back to my children. You know I've gone through and my family have gone through a really tough last four or five years. You know, there's been a lot in the background that has gone on and it is still going on. That's had a massive impact in my life and my children's life, But it is also built a lot of strength and a lot of resilience, and I see it in the eyes of my children each day, you know. And it's a tough walk, but in some ways it's a blessing because they're setting themselves up to be great young people in our society.
Speaker 1: And it's easy as a parent to spoil a child and shield them from all the knocks and bruises that come with growing up. But you've got to You've got to with control, let them out there a little bit, get their grazes come back, heal them up, and that's where that resilience builds up.
Speaker 2: I think so, And I think you know, like obviously you know your children seeing what their dad has gone through as well. You know, like, man, you've had as far along concern, Yeah, okay, you had a great career, but you've also had a real shit ending to something you gave your heart and soul to and obviously sacrificed and lost a lot of your life, yea too.
Speaker 1: To be in the best you can be it And and part of part of what hurt me because you want to protect those that you love. And I love my kids obviously, and they were taking on my pain. I didn't want them to take on my pain, but it was such in your face. So that, yeah, that I resented, resented people that put me through that, not because what I was suffering, but how it impacted impacted on my kids. But yeah, again you get rewarded what you put into it. And my kids didn't have the easiest of life. They went through a marriage, breakup with myself and their mother.
Speaker 2: So but that too, that come down obviously, and I mean, I'm only just I'm guessing I can use that word. I'm guessing though that would have come down to your your choice of employment, which would have then and then created a version of you. Sometimes it wouldn't have been the best version of you, it would have been. So I guess involved and just committed to wanting to see an end result to certain things. I mean, I can honestly say with my oldest son, you know, my choice of life living a certain way, not being present, not being there when I needed to be, but be thinking that I'm being a dad. No. I was a father, but I wasn't an active, present father. And that's the difference. And you know, I think that if you are out there listening today and you have children, you question yourself about what you're giving. And none of us are perfect. I do it myself, you know. I look at my little fellow, my youngest of four, and I go I need to I need to look at him a little bit different from the other three. I need to give him a bit more compassion, a bit more time. I need to spend more time kicking the footy, you know, having those chats.
Speaker 1: One thing that a good thing that came from the separation. I think that the life that I had when I I was with my wife, first wife, with mother of my children, that I had the opportunity I could go away, I could throw myself in the work, so I'd come back and I'd be the weekend dad or whatever. But I wasn't packing their lunches at school and in their school uniforms, planning my daughter's hair. When we separated. When I'm looking after the children for a week, I had to be more invested. I had to sit down and do their homework with them. I had to make sure their uniform was on, packed their lunches and all that. And in one way, I'm thankful for that because it made me wake up to and appreciate, you know, what I was missing and what my wife was doing for me. At the time, I didn't really realize all the behind the scenes. So I think I became closer to my kids in a bizarre soor the way because I had to look after them like that, or if they're sick and they're with you, you're the one taking their temperature or you're the one doing things. So I did learn something from that.
Speaker 2: It's funny that someone sort of said to me just recently, you know when you're going to sort of catch up and come and have a feed in a beer, and I said, I'm not. I said wow. I said, well, at the moment, I'm just man. My sons and I need to be present twenty four to seven. If something goes wrong, exactly what you just said. If something there's an emergency, or you know, whatever it might be, it's on me. There's no family, there's no turn to anyone else. It's on you. Oh sorry, I'm too pissed. I went out and I got on the piss with me mate, had a long lunch or whatever. Well, hang on your boys, sitting down the road and pissing down rain. You meant to have picked him up, you know, ship, There's no room for that. There's no root. It's about you know, being I guess, being honest with yourself, taking ownership, being a present father, you know, putting the time and effort in and giving back.
Speaker 1: And I like, my kids are adults now. And what I what I can say is Okay, we've had the separation and the dramas that come come with that, but the work that I put in the stay connected. And I see this a lot in the in the cops, there's a lot of divorces or the divorces across across the range.
Speaker 2: Now you should say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can only imagine, but I see guys that there was one though I won't won't say his name, but he was working in the city. He'd moved to the city, but his son was living up at Newcastle. So you're looking at our and a half two hour two hour drive. Realistically, he would coach the football team. He would drive up there and like four hours behind the wheel, but just wanted to coach the team. I said to this bloke and he was a good friend, or he's a good friend, And I said, by doing what you're doing, you're going to be rewarded in the future. When your son grows up, he's going to know how much you put in so little things like that. So if we're sitting here now, wise and wise people, I just think the time you invest in your children comes back in bucket loads when they get older. I see the type of kids or type of adults my children have grown up to and all the values that was painstakingly tried to install them as they were growing up. I actually got it. I didn't know at the time, but they actually got it. And I'm really proud. You know.
Speaker 2: You know what I just think I've gotten here, Garrett, right now is the value of our conversation in reference to being fathers. Yeah, like here we are really to talk about, you know, I scares giving people better ways and better choices in life through not choosing the paths of criminality and all that sort of stuff. I think the purpose of us being here has brought us to where we are now about us with our past yeah, not being what we thought was the best version of ourselves as fathers to being here right now, and this is the conversation we were meant to have, which I think brings us so much value because I think the tools that we can give to people, which is a part of what we're trying to achieve here with season sixteen about bettering ourselves, it all starts within the home.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny how we fell there. It fell into this spot because it wasn't where we were going.
Speaker 2: But not at all.
Speaker 1: I've had opportunity to reflect on where my life is now, with all the things that have changed, and when it comes all said and done, the excitement of what I've had in the Cops, the exciting stuff I'm doing post the Cops, when it's all said and done, it's a family that really Yeah, that's the thing that rocks my boat. When it's all said and done. I could lose all that and if I still had the relationships. The personal relationships are fans.
Speaker 2: Life's good. For anybody out there that's doubting the love of your child, don't because it's the most purest love that you'll ever have. You'll have marriage, breakups, you'll have partners maybe come and go. And if you're blessed to be of that small percentage that's able to be in love and have that one love for the rest of your life and raise your family, then that's amazing. And I feel that that is just a really beautiful gift. Embrace that. But for majority, and I feel that here is a majority today as we speak. Never ever, ever feel that your children don't love you, and never give up. As somebody who has a distant relationship with my oldest son because of the choices that I did make, I have one hundred percent learned to be a better father with my three children after that, and I will always keep that door open. And the love is unquestionable. But I also look and I feel, you know, when my children look at me and say thanks to that all I'm proud of you, Dad, or give me that hug and that so can you tuck me in, Dad? Still means a lot, you know, it means a lot. And give me a little bit emotional.
Speaker 1: Tsuesh there you got the tissues.
Speaker 2: That was another thing. There was props put there for the reason. So you know what, Gary, I'm just going to flip this on its head and say this was never the path that we're going to end up. But how's the meaning and the purpose right now? And the real like the reality of real of two fathers. Forget about where we've come from, the paths we've walked, but what we've learned and how we've been able to give that back to our children and become better men because of the love of our children.
Speaker 1: We didn't thought think we'd be talking down this path.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I wasn't going personal with you, but it's ended up. Well I've had no we were going personal, was very personal to start. Well, yeah, this is a different person.
Speaker 1: I've had a lot of time to reflect on things and my life and the chaos that was my life, and my chaos would have partly insignificance to what it would be in the outlaw motorcycle gangs, but the chaos of your life and when it's all said and done, the highs and lows and very similar, what's what's left? You got your kids and someone that loves you or people that love you. They're the important thing and it's unconditional.
Speaker 2: You never need to question it like you have relationships, and you do you question at times is this really, you know, is it going to last? Am I happy?
Speaker 1: Well, that's true and sadly, I've been through quite a few relationships, but there's one consistency is my kids are always there.
Speaker 2: And I think that if our listeners can take something from this podcast of ours, is that just give your children every possible opportunity that you can to your best means, and that doesn't mean monetary. Just give them your heart, give them your time, give them your patience. And I'm I've got to slap myself in the face here and take some of my own advice because I'm at times the worst person in the world. I find it very hard sometimes patient wise. But then I stand there and as I'm getting older, I do look and I take that breath and I go, It's okay, they're doing good. I'm doing good, you know, And I think that you're doing good. You're doing real good. To all those parents out there, just don't give up.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, you've got to hang in there. You really have got to hang in there, and it's worthwhile. The rewards come, the reward for the effort to put in and sometimes yeah, you don't need it, you don't want it, but I know you've got to do it and that comes. The rewards come at the end. Another thing that's happened here, Brent, and I think this is an important thing, and I've seen it on your podcast and I feel it on my podcast sitting down speaking to people like there. I've met so many people doing the pod car so I never really thought they'd have something in common with like, yeah, you and I. On paper, it should have been we should have been punching on that's the reality of it. But sitting down, I understand where you're coming from, and I think you know but grudgingly you might understand where I'm coming from. But yeah, there's some respect there. But the way you've gone about your life, I know, I've got to say full credit to you.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of faults, mate, and I try to still work on them every day. You know, like I'm far from perfect, and if I can better myself one percent better every day, then I know I'm doing a good job. And trust me, these days, I wake up, look in the mirror and go, you're not winning today. There's something there's something here that's not allowing me to fill my heart with that joy. But I'm learning learning to take that breath, learning to look at what is good, weigh it up and think, Hey, I've been in worse positions. Life has been a lot worse than this. I've lost a lot, A lot's gone that I can never ever bring back. Time you'll never get back. So be present. I may not fill one hundred percent today. I've got to make the best of every opportunity and every situation. Right now.
Speaker 1: I think you should be proud of yourself. Where how you've turned your life around. Because if I look the riding on the wall, it wasn't going to be the end.
Speaker 2: It wasn't going to be pretty nah. And to be honest with you, I was prepared to have already been dead ten times over. But that was where my life was heading. You know, there was nothing, nothing good that was coming of my life. You know, the hurdles are still there, but I'm going over them, and I'm going over them in strides that are very strong, and I believe that, you know, I will come out the other side and life will be good. And if God allows me to continue to live and live in a healthy manner, and you know, watch my children grow, then so be it. If He's got other decisions, then that's just the way.
Speaker 1: Can I say another thing too, And I'm seeing the battles you're going through physically with injuries and the way you keep yourself fit. And we have talked about this that it keeps us sane. The mental training, you know, if you're looking if yeah, not that we've got great wisdom look at this to burn out X bikey x cop, but the importance of physical training that keeps me sane. That honestly, no matter what I'm going through, if I can get out and work up a sweat, do something that keeps me saying.
Speaker 2: I think it's a very important tool for the toolbox and I feel that, you know, if you actually take that step, just create that hour. Everyone says I haven't got time. Bullshit. I get up at four o'clock in the morning, you know what I mean. So I make that time between four and five is my time. Whatever I can get in that hour is a worthy hour, and I make the best of it and it sets me up for the day. You know. I'm sure you've got tools in your box that are very relative as well.
Speaker 1: I love those early morning starts. People say I'm not a morning person. It is the best time. I feel like I've got the head start on everyone else in the mind.
Speaker 2: I like to say, rise with the sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, get up there and get into it. And you've already doesn't matter what happens for the rest of the day, because you've done some stuff for yourself, done your training and ready to go.
Speaker 2: Well, there you have it, guys, Gary jubilant, Thank you very much for the I Catch Killers, Clink hot Cross.
Speaker 1: Finally we've got eye catch killers. I've given them the credit where the credits due. I got you up here.
Speaker 2: I milked you in and look, you know, I had to be done. I feel that it needed to be done, and I'm glad we got to break the ice. Yeah. I don't look at you as a cop or ex cop or anything like. I look at you as, you know, another bloke doing his best. And you know, I really have to say to have experienced and gone through some of the things that you've done and the great things that you've achieved to help people, you know, especially in the space of young young children and stuff like that I couldn't personally do. I don't think many of us could. So from from a real human point of view, Yeah, I just want to say, may you can really, I think have been an asset to helping helping others through your actions the earlier spaces in you okay, fuck yourself. I knew if I had to get it in at the end makers all jakeus side, you could have been one of those pricks at Batsby, but thankfully you weren't. But which stage, But no, all jokes aside to do the job that you did, especially in the back end of your career, it's you're a one percent you know, of being able to successfully do that job and not. And well, I don't say not, because I'm sure that it has had it.
Speaker 1: Look for you saying that it's humble, then I need to just put out there too. There's a lot of people that put in a lot of a lot of hard work, and not just in the Cops. I've said it since I've left the Cops. People are doing some shit loader heavy lifting that don't get the recognition because of the nature of my work. I was getting a lot of recognition. But I appreciate, appreciate what you're saying. But yeah, as you say, you're not perfect, No mean it's perfect. I'm a cluster fucking a lot of things in my life. I just happen to be able to do some aspects of policing very well. But I've enjoyed coming on. I haven't worked out what the revenge is, how I'm going to get you down the Sydney, but we'll work it out. Might line up, I could set up the boxing ring.
Speaker 2: A charity boxing shit, Okay, what we're doing?
Speaker 1: What's the agreed way?
Speaker 2: I ain't dropping another twenty kilos, That's all I know. And on that note, thank you very much, Gary Jubulant, and to everybody out there, I hope that you've enjoyed these couple of episodes. It is something that I really feel have a lot of value. And for everybody out there that's doing your best, just continue to be the best you can be and know that that love from your children is an unconditional love and never question it.
Speaker 1: All Right, you tried to steal the ending. Also, i'd like to say for my Catch Killers, not just the Clink, I enjoyed the chat too. So whichever platform you're listening to the I Catch Killers Slash Clink or Clink Slash by Catch Killers podcast, hope you enjoy it like we've been enjoyed the chat. Well, I know I probably shouldn't like Brent. Well, I don't know I shouldn't like him. I do like him. I'm glad we got to have a discussion, and it's good to see things from other people's perspectives, and I think we found some common ground. And I respect you for the person that you are.