Speaker 1: Hey, beauties, It's Jamie Joe and Jesse Massu and welcome to Skin Influence, a podcast dedicated to beauty, fashion and self love, turning your weakness into your uniqueness. Before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record the Gaddigl people of the Euranation.
Speaker 2: So in today's episode, we're doing something really exciting. We put out question boxes to you guys on our social media and you've said in all your beauty questions and we can't wait to dive right into them and answer them.
Speaker 1: For you guys, there is so much juice in these questions and we are ready to just give you everything we've got.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, So the first question is really close to home, and I'm going to ask it to you, Jay.
Speaker 1: So Morale has asked how to love your curls. She's tried so hard to love them, but she just can't. What's your advice to her? This definitely hit home because, as you guys know, we did grow up definitely a little bit insecure around curly hair. I did, particularly, I think for you, if you find good role models to look up to, people who love their.
Speaker 3: Curls that you can relate to. There are so many.
Speaker 1: Different types of people with curly hair with different features, so you really can on social media find someone who looks like you who is representing their curls, and I think that that's definitely something really comforting. Yeah, and it's really beautiful to see so much representation for curly hair. Also, spend time getting to know your curls and what looks best.
Speaker 3: There are so many different types of curly hair routines.
Speaker 1: So for me personally, I like when my curls are separated, big and voluminous. Some people like when they're really defined and flat at the top of their head. There are just so many different ways you can wear your curls. So if you spend time learning to love which style works, like what actually matches your features in terms of your curls, that can be really comforting as well.
Speaker 3: It just might take a little bit of time.
Speaker 1: As you want to build a relationship with anything or anyone, it's got to time. Give yourself time to learn to love your hair, find good media representation, and then just like play with it, okay, Jesse. Next question, Bella has asked what to do for skin dryness.
Speaker 2: There's so much that you can do for skin dryness, and there are so many different products on the market, but I like to keep maroutine super simple because I have acne prone skin and finding products that work can be a little bit harder. So I'd say the Chichiplas B five balm. I talk about this from laroche Pose. I honestly talk about this product almost too much, but that's because it's really great. It's hydrating, it repairs the skin barrier, and for dry skin, it helps the skin turnover rate I don't know if that's the technical term cell turnover to keep happening. So that's going to be really great for dry skin, especially in winter. But also the serah v hydrating lotion for dried and very dry skin, like all over the body is really really good for dry skin. They've got literally it's called to very dry skin, that's the title of it, and I've used that as well, which is amazing. But it's also approved by dermatologists for useful people with exma, so like, this is a really good product recommendation, and they've got a whole loan even a cleanser that's good for dry to very dry skin. It's moisturizing cleanser rather than it being a stripping cleanser.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And didn't you just finish like a one point five liter bottle or something?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I actually just filmed that video.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bought the biggest bucket. It was like one leader. Yeah, with the hydrating lotion for dried it very dry skin. I finished it and I'm.
Speaker 4: On my second bowl. So yeah, So I recommend it's approven by.
Speaker 3: A dressing Yeah, approved by me.
Speaker 4: What more do you need?
Speaker 2: Right? I have a question for you, Jay, and this one's really really good. I love it. It says it looks like you guys don't have pause? How do I achieve that.
Speaker 3: This is a funny one? We definitely have pause? Everyone well it. But I do have a.
Speaker 1: Secret weapon in terms of this Bauty product. Every time I put it on my face, it makes me look air brush.
Speaker 3: And Jesse started using it after.
Speaker 1: I've been using it for a really long time because under the eyes and especially in the te zone, it is flawless. And the product is the hood Beauty easy.
Speaker 3: Bake loose powder. It is the best powder I have literally ever used. It's fifty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: You can get it from Adoor Beauty actually also for them or Hoodbauty dot com. They ship everywhere, which is great. This powder for setting the underreyes and setting the te zone is stunning.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: It doesn't necessarily have coverage, but for some reason on both of us, it looks like it just adds this layer of flawlessness to finish off any makeup look. And it diffuses the skin really beautifully in still a natural way, but it adds longevity.
Speaker 3: It really does help to.
Speaker 1: Fill in the look of those poores. So that's something external that you can use instead of skin care, just for like a very flawless finish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I was saying it this morning, but I almost feel like it does more for me than my actual concealer. So like when I put the concealer and I still feel like I can like it's still like a little bit crusty under the eyes, or like you can see fine lines.
Speaker 3: Especially because concealer like reflects light. This helps to set it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Conceila, if it's a liquid concealer, it's gonna be really glowy, which can actually draw more attention to the underreyse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then when you like powder it down with this food of beauty. It's like looks bad and then it looks great like the next second, seamless.
Speaker 1: And I never used to actually set my tea zone. I've always had good skin, which is a beautiful blessing. But lately, like as I get older, I'm definitely noticing more texture in the te zone.
Speaker 3: And this product is just everything. I love it. I use it every day, almost every day.
Speaker 1: Jamie Becky has asked, outside of products, what steps do you take to maintain health and beauty.
Speaker 4: I think these commentside really nicely together.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I think everything works together really well. So life balance is very important for beauty. Stress can like really take away from beauty, and I noticed that, like when I was going through a rough time last year, going through a breakup.
Speaker 3: It really does drain so much of.
Speaker 1: Your life and like your natural beauty because you're putting so much energy into stress and negativity. So keeping like a healthy perspective on life sounds so easy. It is definitely gonna help with beauty. But in terms of things I actually do like practical things.
Speaker 3: Me and Jesse drink bone broth. We really love it.
Speaker 1: It's very good for collagen Yeah, it's really good for collagen, and collagen is great for hair growth, now growth, glowing skin.
Speaker 3: So that's like one of our little natural.
Speaker 1: Beauty tips that we do all the time, every single day, just to really like elevate beauty from within. Our mum actually does make bone broth from scratch, and we have encouraged her to actually film a video on it because she's such a boss in the kitchen and she does so much goodness for our beauty through cooking. So the process is like you get good organic bones from your local butcher and then you have to roast them with apple side of vinegar and.
Speaker 3: This really helpsn't you pressure cooks them? Well that's no, you did this first.
Speaker 2: Oh so sorry, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: When you cook them and like brown them off first with the appleside of vinegar, it helps to actually draw out that collagen and all the good fatty acids that are good for your skin. And then you can boil them for a really long time or you can pressure cook them and you can add your own like herbs and spices in that are good for skin as well, so like cinnamon and timeric really good. Yeah, So she makes it from scratch and how you know it worked. Is it actually like jellytizers and it's like, yeah, it's pretty, it's pretty awesome. And that's how you know that all that bone marrow and all that like healthy fat has actually worked.
Speaker 3: The process worked. So yeah, bone broth is so good.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of issues with my guart in terms of reflux and.
Speaker 2: Which isn't good for your singing and your career. You're always talking, You're always singing, so she needs a voice.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 1: It affects your vocal cords. So having this every day kind of like lines the stomach creates like a good gut bacteria environment.
Speaker 3: It's so good. I love it and tastes really yum. It's like soup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely influenced by Albese culture, so like the flavorings we put in, even Mum knowing how to move through that process ease that definitely comes from like our Sita, which is our grandma.
Speaker 3: She makes tunic.
Speaker 2: Lemon, dinder orange and Caye pepper shots which I have every single morning. Yep.
Speaker 4: That's really going to do so much.
Speaker 2: There are so many properties within that that just like benefit my health and my beauty because a lot of people say, like, gut health and your skin so so linked, right, And also, like Jamie said, your stress and your beauty is so linked because stress is super draining.
Speaker 4: You're not going to fill your best.
Speaker 2: So that's just like another one of those little health tips that we do to feel beautiful. Also like pure one hundred percent Alvira shots in the morning. Yeah, how like this whole lineup to get through before my browning coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bone broth tuberc shots and then an Alvira shot. It's really good gut health, but it in term helps your beauty so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 2: I also put Celtic salt under my tongue the first thing in the morning, and then I drink some water so that the water is absorbed better and the minerals are absorbed better.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm honestly, guys, I'm not that good at drinking water. But when I do drink water, my skin is more plump. Even my lips are more plump.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's so true because like when you're when you're hydrated, you're going to be like juicy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if obviously you don't have an incredible mother like us, I'm sure your moms are great.
Speaker 3: But if they don't make both broth from scratch, that's okay.
Speaker 1: You can buy it from any like Cosal Woolies from Campbell's. I prefer the chicken bone broth from Campbell's. It also has so much protein and really little calorie, so if you want to up your protein intake for some gains, this is. But yeah, don't get the beef one doesn't taste very nice.
Speaker 3: Chicken one it's really good. It's like nine dollars.
Speaker 4: I refuse to drink it from my mamma hasn't made it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Fussy fussy girl. Okay.
Speaker 1: Jess Keana is asked what is your favorite mascara to avoid clumps but at length?
Speaker 4: Ooh okay.
Speaker 2: I honestly think Maybelene has the musca is just like full stop.
Speaker 4: That's my end of the scar.
Speaker 2: But they have a new one called Mabelene Lash Sensational Fireworks Washable black.
Speaker 3: It's such a long name. I mean I would just say the.
Speaker 4: The fireworks last Sensational by Mablen. Why do they make the name suck?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I haven't used a mascara that gives me more like length definition than the mabelene ones and blackness. Yeah, they actually add pigmentation and like, it looks like I have fake lashes on. Yeah, there's no other way to describe it, but it looks like they're fake lashes. People always come up to me and Jamie when we're.
Speaker 4: Out saying, what lashes are you wearing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, non, babe, it's just maybe Lene, Maybe it's maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But what's your advice for making them not clumpy?
Speaker 2: Because you have a really like bulletproof way of applying your muscara, Like you're so intentional with your brushstrokes.
Speaker 4: I remember learning from you a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, when I was like fourteen fifteen, I was obsessed with just muscara.
Speaker 3: You had nothing on my face but black muscara with blue eyes, and it was spider spider lash.
Speaker 1: I use like three different mascaras to achieve one look, so over time, I've refined my routine. I do like curling my lashes, but sometimes I even don't because maybe.
Speaker 3: A mascaras are so good work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I curl my lashes and then I start with just very like light strokes from the bottom of the lash upwards. Then when I want to build some like length and volume. I go from inside the lash and do like a few swapes up and then I still haven't redipped my wand but then I start to blink into the muscara and this actually is what's going to get the root volume like massive. To avoid clumps, make sure you're just moving across the eye constantly and not just going too much in one spot, so I always fan across as I go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually have a question for you.
Speaker 2: So how do you get it in the inside without getting on your nose?
Speaker 3: Well, girl, I do, just get it on my nose. Oh, and then you just clean it up tonight.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm a little bit messy with muscara, which I don't think there's anything wrong with. I like to just get I'd like to get it on and then clean up my lead on my nose.
Speaker 3: But if you're trying to be a.
Speaker 1: Little bit more precise, you can just angle the brush. What's this vertically?
Speaker 4: Vertically?
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, good job, Jabi, and then just like add a few little strokes.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look very nice when it's.
Speaker 1: Heavy in the in my opinion, I like to fan outwards more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that makes sense, So it doesn't matter if you get it on your face, how do you get it off?
Speaker 4: If you get it on your face.
Speaker 1: I like just using a cotton tip and then I'll just touch up with a bit of concealer. But if I get it on my eyelids and I'm wearing eye shadow, I wait till it dries Use it like a little spoolly from the back of a from the.
Speaker 3: Back of your IRA pencil, and I just like flick it off. Oh that's a really easy hack.
Speaker 4: Though, So it just dries off and you yeah, you just flick it off. Perfect. So, Jay, we have a really awesome question. I love this.
Speaker 2: Who do you think the Jeffrey Star of this generation is?
Speaker 4: Woo?
Speaker 1: Well, Jeffrey Star, if you don't know, is a little like controversial.
Speaker 3: He was the biggest.
Speaker 1: Beauty guru on YouTube and he came out with a massive brand and like he was definitely just paving the way in terms of beauty in that like twenty sixteen era.
Speaker 4: Did you ever get any of his products?
Speaker 3: I actually didn't. Oh he was the only like he was one of the only people I didn't buy off.
Speaker 1: I bought off Jaqueline Hill, I did Morphy, I did like all of the above but I never bought off Jeffree Starr's He's an interesting character. I think that Mikayla on TikTok is because I don't know, you've seen a lot of speculation that her accent's actually fake.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: She's like because there's an interview when she's younger, like at a job and she's speaking.
Speaker 1: She's just making like a regular American girl. And now she goes, I'm just gonna do my eyeliner nice and shop nice and shop. She's got like this insane like New Jersey. You know, she's insane New Jersey, like Kim Kardashian. Sorry, guys, it's a really bad accent, but she's just she's controversial, but she's really that makeup and she has a cult following.
Speaker 3: Every single video has three million views.
Speaker 2: Yet one hundred thousand, Like I wonder if she'll ever come out with the line surely like come on as if she what is she waiting for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that I think that's the one. I think that's her.
Speaker 2: So that's all the time we have for answering your questions today, But we can't wait to keep doing this every few weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been really really fun to hear directly from you guys.
Speaker 2: And honestly, this podcast is all about giving to you guys, and we just want to make an impact in the way you.
Speaker 4: View yourself and love yourself.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for joining us today on Skinfluence. If you're interested in any of the products mentioned in today's episode, there are links available in the episode description on your podcast.
Speaker 2: App, And if you love what you here, leave us a rating and a review.
Speaker 1: And if you have a question or want us to cover anything on the pod, please reach out by our socials.
Speaker 4: Mine is at Jamie Joe and mine is at Jessimasuit.
Speaker 1: I'll send us an email at skinfluence at novapodcasts dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Ye bye, guys, We love you.