Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: We had a bit of a debark all the other day at a cafe in Sydney, and we need to talk about it, and I don't want to shame the cafe at all, so we're going to leave them.
Speaker 3: You won't mention, but anyway.
Speaker 2: Well I will say I've been to that cafe before, not that specific one, but the same chain and it was amazing. So I was really disappointed about this. Okay.
Speaker 1: So after the pod, like last week, we had some time to kill and I was staying down in Sydney but I couldn't check into the hotel blah blah blah. So Matt and I went to the shops, were like, let's get a little bite to eat.
Speaker 2: I've got a follow up story after this. Remind me to tell you what happened after what we did.
Speaker 1: So we were like, let's go to the shops. Matt wanted to buy something, and I wanted to get some food. So we went to this cafe in the shopping center and it was like two thirty maybe three o'clock, like it was the afternoon, and so they had a food cabinet display with like wraps, toasties, all sorts of stuff, and so we're looking in there, and then we went to look at the menu as well, because there was like additional things on the actual little menu. So Matt ordered first, and he ordered a toasty, and the toasties were in the like fridge cabinet display all they're ready made to go and so not toasted. They were fresh because it's like a fridge. So Matt ordered a toasty, no worries at all, like you ordered and paid and sat down. Then I ordered like literally two seconds after Matt. And at first I was like, can I please have the bagel with salmon? And they said, oh no, we can't do the bagel with salmon because the kitchen is closed, but you can order anything from the fridge at the front. And then I was like, oh, okay, cool, I'll just get the ham and cheese croissant please, and can I have it toasted?
Speaker 3: And they said no, the kitchen is.
Speaker 1: Closed, and then I'm like, okay, like the people we're just right there in the kitchen as well, Like the kitchen was right there, like the toasting machine was behind the counter, kind of like at outdo, and I was like, no worries, that's fine. I was like, do you have a microwave? Like can you just like zap it? And they're like, oh, we don't have a microwave. Sorry, and I'm like, oh, okay, first of all, what kind of fucking cafe doesn't have a microwave. Anyway, I was just in a like kerfuffle and I told him that, and Matt's looking.
Speaker 3: At me, going what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like you couldn't really hear? And I'm like, don't worry. I was like, I'll just have it dry. Give me the fucking dry hand and cheese croissant.
Speaker 2: Which is sound nothing worse like a cold.
Speaker 1: Dry like with non melted cheese. So anyway, we sat there, there's other people dining. It was like three o'clock, so fair enough. And then we waited for like a good ten minutes, I want to say.
Speaker 2: And then I said to you, I don't understand what's happening because you came over and you said they can't toast it, and I said, well, they can toast mine because I got a Ruben toast sandwich toasty.
Speaker 1: And Matt goes, oh great, that means I'm gonna have just a cold fucking sandwich from the free.
Speaker 2: Cold Ruben sandwich, Like fucking boring, this is weird.
Speaker 1: Just got They brought out Matt's coffee because you ordered a coffee too. I didn't order any dream. Then they brought out Matt's toasty toasted. Okay, they handed to him, here's your toasty Matt's like tea piping hot.
Speaker 2: Like I've burnt my hand because I was expecting it not to be toasted. So I've grabbed it round the sand because it was in a bag. I've grabbed it round the bag right where the sandwich is because I didn't expect to be toasted. Because we've just been through this kerfuffle. I know I've burnt my fingers because it's actually toasted.
Speaker 3: Mats is clearly toasted.
Speaker 1: Then two seconds later they hand me my ham and cheese croissant in the like paper bag as well, cold, So I'm like, how have you toasted Matt's toasty but I ordered, like we were together, like how could they not just chuck my ham and cheese croissant on the same fucking sandwich press. It was so weird, and you know what, we were sitting there and were so confused in Matt's like we should say something, and I was like, no, I just can't be bothered today, Like I just couldn't be bothered. But in that moment, I should have been like, how did you toast his but not mine? But we ordered at the same time, like chuck them on together, I don't give a fuck, But we didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to go back and be like mine got toasted, so can you not toast hers? And also like the thing with the toaster is like it takes two seconds to wipe down. Yeah, and none of it makes sense because if the toaster are being turned off for the day, fair enough, but how have you toasted mine?
Speaker 3: What we ordered basically together?
Speaker 2: I get that the kitchen's closed, I understand, and again we're not complaining about the fact that you couldn't get it toasted. Yes, it's annoying, but whatever, if it's closed, it's closed. It was then the fact that mine came out toasted and yours didn't I know, and you were told like three times, no, the kitchen is closed, you can't, but mine was toasted without a problem.
Speaker 1: Maybe like you order it to twenty nine and I ordered it two thirty and.
Speaker 3: That one minute, I don't care, like it was anyway.
Speaker 1: It was so weird, and Matt's like, oh, should we say something like no, I just can't be fucked, Like the vibes was so weird, like there was so much confusion.
Speaker 3: I ate the cold croissant.
Speaker 1: And that was it, and we said to each other, we need to talk about this on the pod.
Speaker 3: Which was moment like I said, oh, do you just have a microwave? Like ten seconds in the microwave and I said, no, we don't have a microwave. So I'm like, clearly, you fucking do I own a coffee shop. We've got it fucking microwave.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you have a microwave?
Speaker 3: They do? Like I just think he couldn't be fucked But it just made noise.
Speaker 2: So he wasn't doing anything. He was just standing on the counter like the other two girls were running around doing everything in the.
Speaker 3: Kit Chess one of those things I was like, let's just fucking leave it and what the fuck?
Speaker 2: It was random.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it wasn't too bad. So something else happened.
Speaker 2: Well, so now I'm going to talk about the other part of the story, which was so the thing I had to buy was we went to Louis Vuitton to get a top up of my perfume. And do you remember when we're in there, she was acting real suss Yeah, do you remember the shop attendant what do you call them?
Speaker 1: You know, the sales person And for context, Matt gets like he's perfume refilled.
Speaker 3: It's one of those ones you just go back and get it refilled.
Speaker 2: So like they because it's lous Vaton, Hello, designer vibes. Oh they have the bottle costs money as well. Yeah, so you like buy a first of all, you pay for the bottle and the liquid together, and then you just bring back the bottle and they top it up each time. So that's what I do.
Speaker 3: It's a really long time that she took a really long time.
Speaker 2: We were standing there like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes She's just taking it out the back.
Speaker 2: To fill it off, I know, And usually it's like a five minute thing if that, and kept saying like, is that meant to take this long? And remember she kept popping her head out and looking out, and she looked a bit stressed, and then she kept going back and then she come back out again, and then.
Speaker 3: She came out she said she couldn't get it to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, but remember like two times before that she opened the door and she looked like she was trying to get someone else to help her or whatever. And then at the end she kind of brought my perfume over and was like, oh, sorry, I couldn't get it to work and things that. I was like, that's all right, like no worries, got it, paid for it. Left When I got home, the bottle broken perfume everywhere.
Speaker 3: Why didn't she just give you a whole new one if she don't know?
Speaker 2: But the top had broken, and then because the top had broken, it had like leaked out and everything like that, And I was like, okay, so I feel like she may have allegedly allegedly broken in mine and then just gone, I don't know what to do. I'm stressed, and like put the lid back.
Speaker 1: On it for a weird amount of time, and no one else was in the shop, So I was like, shall you just go out the back and go fill it up?
Speaker 2: There you go? And then so I'm thinking when what she meant by oh it doesn't work? Is I? I think she's gone to try it and my bottle hasn't worked for us. I thought she meant her machine that refills didn't work anyway?
Speaker 3: Did she call them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I took it back. I took it back. So I I took it back on Saturday, and I was ready to be a Karen.
Speaker 3: I thought this was she there again?
Speaker 2: This is Louis fucking this on? No, she wasn't there. But you know, sometimes when you go to a designer store because they have which by the way, scholars, I don't know why, but sometimes my friends or whoever I'm with will get a bit weird about going in, Like I think people think you have to be like dressed a certain way or whatever. I'm encouraging you just go in and have a brows. Anyone's allowed in there. Like like, I'll be with a friend and I'll be like, I've got to pop in here, and people be like, oh, do you want me to wait outside? What do you mean? Come and try some something. Yeah, I'm the first time I ever went in to Louis Vuitton ever, I had spilt half a meat pie down the front of me, and I went, well, who cares. If I'm gonna spend money, I'm gonna spend money, and if I'm not, I'm not, Like, doesn't matter. And you know what, these days, you don't know who's got money, and you know, like half the people fashion these days is horrendous, so who knows. Anyway, the point is I took it back and I was ready to be a Karen. So I get to the front door. And the thing is that some of these designer places you do have to wait in line, because that's where I was fucking front.
Speaker 3: I feel like a pledge.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's the That's what I was going to say, is the shop attendants, like, oh, shop assistants will walk with you throughout the whole store so they can like get you whatever you need and blah blah blah. But they like when someone stays with you the whole time. Anyway, I hate that. I'm like, let me shop, I'll let you know if I need help. But fair enough, that's part of the experience. So we had to wait for the shop assistant to so we had to wait out the front anyway, this day marched up to the door and he's like, just wait here one moment, and I've got my bag in front, and I said, no worries, that's fine, and he goes, what are you here for today? Just so I can let the team know? And I held up my bag and I said a replacement and he was like, come inside, would you like a water? Would you like this? Would you like that? Come and sit over here, blah blah blah blah blah, and was actually so overly nice that I didn't get to have my Karen moment.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you could tell she'd done something wrong. And I kept saying, to man, why is this taking so long? We've been sitting there for like twenty minutes. I'm like, just to refeel a bloody perfume refill and no offense. But why would she try and like fix it and palm it off to you and hope that you're not gonna notice.
Speaker 3: I like, just give us a new.
Speaker 2: Bottle at the end of the day. I don't know, don't we don't know.
Speaker 3: Give us any bottle.
Speaker 1: It is probably worth ten dollars the bottle, like.
Speaker 3: The actual bottle.
Speaker 2: But then they had someone over to me straight away and they and I just explained, like I came and got this filled up earlier this week, and you know, it took a really long time. She said something wasn't working with the machine. I don't know, but anyway, when I got home, it was all leaking and the topsnt and he was so apologetic. He fixed it in about three minutes.
Speaker 3: So he ended up fixing you.
Speaker 2: Well. He took the top off the bottle and put a brand new top on, like showed me it was all working. He's like, here's my number. If this happens again, please text me straight away. I can get another one to you don't have to come all the way back. I was like, oh my god, I love this. But I left and was like, damn it. I didn't get to be sassy. You know, sometimes you just want to be like sometimes you just want them to say sorry, there's nothing we can do about that. Oh then you just so I can go, well, you know what.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like when you're paying that much for perfume, they just got a fucking I know.
Speaker 2: So I'm very happy with that service. But anyway, well, there you go, there you go. That's a that's our little story of the fucking rogue toasty situation. Will never stop thinking. It's one of those situations that will in five years time.
Speaker 1: Go Right when we were sitting there, like I just wanted to turn around and be like, so how come you could heat up his but not mine?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, just let it go and I'll never go there again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you something that I saw that was sad, which has just happened like this week. UK content creator Becky Jones.
Speaker 3: Do you know her?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, she does her vlogs where she just.
Speaker 2: Says she might have been a royal flash of mine at one point, was she I love it?
Speaker 1: She does just like fucking wholesome videos, lots of cooking videos, eating takeaway videos. She announced late last week that she's leaving TikTok. She didn't say whether it was for good, like you couldn't really tell from the video, but she got emotional in the video. And the reason why she's left TikTok. She's got a million followers on TikTok, by the way, is because she just gets relentlessly bullied on TikTok and that's why she's left. And I'm just like good on her, like because she said in the video, you know, like it's affecting my mental health, like you can. She's got a lot of supporters, but then just like fucking trolls that like troll the shit out of her, And she said, you can laugh it off all you want and say that it's not affecting me, blah blah blah, but like at the end of the day, it is.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: And obviously there's been an outpore of like people supporting her and her decision.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, how fucking sad of a world do we live in where people just exist on an app like TikTok and there's just people that go out of their way to bully people, Like how is it allowed?
Speaker 2: It's actually crazy. The I think, like, you know, we need to bring in something along the lines of upload your ID or something.
Speaker 3: And we spoke about this.
Speaker 2: I got to use your name every.
Speaker 1: Year ago on this pot.
Speaker 3: But I am with you.
Speaker 1: I think for people to make a social media account, they need to upload their ID, a full photo of themselves, a full video, and then I reckon, if you are bullying someone that there should be AI that picks up on that, and then I reckon you should get fucking exposed.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the problem. Hello, I just I've been banned on TikTok at the moment for hate space each which never happened. But when I do a when I do report someone who because a lot of my comments, first of all, I delete all my hate comments. I will delete every single one. There's no way you're coming onto my page and leaving that for other people.
Speaker 3: To the other.
Speaker 1: Good thing about tim Dropper will say is it filters like comments that it thinks are hateful.
Speaker 3: So I know a lot of people like go and.
Speaker 1: Leave spam hate comments on people's page and then they say you're deleting my comments.
Speaker 3: But TikTok actually filters them.
Speaker 1: So when you go and you open your TikTok comments at the top, it says five have been filtered, and then we have to manually click that go in.
Speaker 3: And then approve them.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you're ever going out of your way to leave someone to hate comment and you think they're deleting it straight away, no, it's getting filtered automatically, which is a good feature.
Speaker 2: So I'll delete all of them, but if they because I also think it encourages others, Like if someone sees a hate comment, like that's the thing about Becky Jones's comments, and she's got that many followers, she can't keep up. Probably, but you pack men mentality, like if someone sees other people and the thing is like someone will leave a hate comment and will get forty thousand likes. So then then someone else goes, oh, well I could probably get forty thousand likes on a hate commedy, do you know what I mean? So I just don't feed into any of that. But sometimes if someone leaves a hate comment that is like threatening my life, I'll be like, you're getting reported. One hundred percent of my reports on TikTok have come back.
Speaker 3: Doesn't go against community guys, and.
Speaker 2: They go, we found nothing wrong with this problem that you've reported. I would have monitor I get done. Remember we spoke about on the pot about a year ago. I got done for human trafficking on TikTok. Yeah, well I have never human traffic did my life. I'll try anything once, but not that. So I said on my story the other day on Instagram, I was like, what pisses me off is if I actually was human trafficking? What my band is your band? My punishment is your band off going live for thirty days? But that's the band. I'm like, why haven't you called the police? TikTok? I feel like, why am I getting banned for human trafficking? And that's the only course of action you take.
Speaker 3: Is banned from going live for thirty days?
Speaker 2: But why was the government notified about my human trafficking? Why wasn't my IP address shared with the police?
Speaker 1: Do you know it needs to be more layers of security when it comes to setting up an account for sure?
Speaker 3: Can just be relentless?
Speaker 2: I love that HRH what's her name? HRH collection collection quote where she's like, if you want to leave a hate comment, I want to see a face, pick a name, a side profile, stand up, do a take a video, do a three sixty of your body.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see your whole family? Can your bank account state where you work? Then leave a hate Wait a second, none of your fucking would because you asked cowwards.
Speaker 2: And you are so embarrassed by your life that you have to comment on other people. What's that quote about? No one doing better than you would like try to tell you to tear you down. Yeah, we stay above.
Speaker 1: I wholeheartedly agree with that. Anyway, that was like a sad thing that I saw on TikTok. She might be back, like a lot of people. The comments are saying she's going to come back, but fucking get a grip. In twenty twenty five, if people are being bullied off a fun social media app, like these people need to wake up them to themselves. It's disgusting behavior to participate in.
Speaker 2: And it's scary that so quickly you can fall into the whole world hates you. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Fucked up.
Speaker 2: Just one day, everyone went we're just gonna hate on this girl, and I went, what the hell? I remember I actually made a video defending her. Any I remember that because you watch her content, there's nothing controversial.
Speaker 1: She's like, hello, everybody, let's open our dinner for tonight, Like it's the most wholesome content. But people just fucking love to hate. So anyway, that's my sad thing of the week. And hopefully she'll come back with the full fucking redemption.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or maybe she's just taken a break because she's going on Dancing with the Stars or something. Fingers crossed anyway, I think that's enough blubbing and on for this Friday. Enjoy your week and everyone see you next Tuesday. And from them, I got one by the day