Speaker 1: From the United States. This is col Murray Live.
Speaker 2: Hello, my friends, Welcome to Dallas, where the condown to that American election Tik took, TikTok, TikTok, closer, closer, closer, Fight fight, Fight, Vote, Vote Vote.
Speaker 1: We have got a massive show for you tonight.
Speaker 2: Obviously we are going to talk about the election in great detail, but I want to show you some of the cool things about this city.
Speaker 1: This city is spectacular.
Speaker 2: Sure it's not better than any of our ourtown cities, but it's got cool little pockets. It's got rock and roll everywhere, and of course plenty of history. Now to talk about the history of the place, but also to talk about the election. We went to the stockyards over at Cowtown, over at Fort Worth. In a moment or two time, you'll see some of the fun that we have there. What about those beautiful Texas longhorns. I didn't see a Texas longhorn until we actually went to Charters Towers. To see him here in Dallas in their home patch.
Speaker 1: Pretty amazing. James Morrow, well, he is.
Speaker 2: Of course all across issues to do with the border. He has been all over swing states like North Carolina.
Speaker 1: With the US report, we will have a chat with the.
Speaker 2: Great Man in a moment or two's time, and looking forward to a conversation with Frey Leitch.
Speaker 1: And with Sam Crosby in moments from now.
Speaker 2: But first, a couple of days ago, let's find out what was the best thing that happened to Trump today, the best thing that happened to Harris, and the weirdest moment of the day. All right, first, and most importantly, you may well have heard this story about seven trillion times since we last spoke.
Speaker 1: And it comes as we're getting that striking new poll out of Iowa. Dasha mentioned it. What can you tell us about that?
Speaker 3: Wow, this has thrown the political world for a loop.
Speaker 2: I think it absolutely lines up with what we're seeing on the ground.
Speaker 1: We're watching an energy I didn't have this on my Bengal card, as I like to say.
Speaker 2: Ah, here in the States, everywhere, all over to Iowa, this poll at six electro vote.
Speaker 1: What's going to happen?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 1: The Canarian the coal mine up officially done?
Speaker 2: After that, the New York Times drops him with a whole bunch of poles as well. The show Harris up in places.
Speaker 1: Where she was previously down.
Speaker 2: Trump a little bit back in places where he was already in front. Why am I mentioning this as the best thing that happened to Trump today? Now, not clutching at straws. But the poles themselves are something I need to tell you about, and a problem that is with them. Okay, this does not mean for those that are half watching that are running off to the umpire and saying to the ghost.
Speaker 1: There is saying that Trump was going to win when Harris was going to Listen, Okay, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: They were wrong in twenty sixteen, they were wrong in twenty twenty and according to once you go right into the detail, this is why I'm here, right into the detail. You see that in the New York Times polls where the headlines show that Harris is up and Trump is a little bit down, they've got a problem with the people who.
Speaker 1: Are answering the poles. Have a look. This is written by Nate Cohen.
Speaker 2: Nate Cohen is their data guy who interprets the poles, also helps put the poles together for the New York Times, and says across these polls, white Democrats were sixteen percent likelier to respond than white Republicans. So simply there are more Democrats in the poll than Republicans, and it's harder to get republicans. And even then she's only up by one point here in one point there. Now, this is a larger disparity than the earlier polls this year, and it is not much better than our final polls in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, that's.
Speaker 2: Why this is the best thing that happened to Trump today, because we are seeing some of the signs that maybe the polls that were wrong twice before are undercounting his vote for the third time. Which is why the Trump campaign says the best thing that happened to them today was not a poll out of Iowa. It was not the front page of the New York Times. It's the poll they prefer. But I'm not just showing you this because Trump is leading. This was the most accurate pollster in twenty twenty, when people like the New York Times were sort of right off the mark. This pole, in particular, the people are at Atlas Intel. It shows that Trump is winning in all of the swing states right now. So the best thing that happened to Trump today was the poles are probably going to be wrong for a third time running. If that's the case, then he is in with one heck of a shot of not just winning, but maybe a big one. For the best thing that happened to Harris today, No, it wasn't another celebrity. It wasn't another billion dollars that were raised for her campaign.
Speaker 1: It again, is this IOWA poll. Why?
Speaker 2: Because the media freak out of the past twenty four hours here is unbelievable. Now, every part of the establishment media, I'm not going to bugg rise around with mainstream media anymore. Establishment media, access media. Well, they of course had been all in for Harris through the whole campaign, and in these final days it really does feel like every one of them is trying to do their bit to get the result that they desperately want, and of course that means that the smallest things like this bit of information it is just blown up to be frankly bigger than it looks. But an example of just how effective it has been and how kind of some of the panic has been around for people who thought that Trump was going to win.
Speaker 1: But maybe this pole was going to say Harris is up.
Speaker 2: Have a look at the Becky betting markets in the last three days now I need to tell you. These betting markets, by the way, have the close to two b four billion dollars worth of money that people have already have already bet now. As you can see, three days ago, Trump sixty three percent, Harris thirty seven, then to fifty eight, to forty two, then fifty six, forty four. Oh yeah, and this kind of helped Harris too today.
Speaker 5: To get me somebody who would have to shoot through the fake news.
Speaker 1: And I don't mind that so much. I don't.
Speaker 2: I love the Donald. I want him to win, but come on, that's too much. I know he's trying to rev people up, but yeah, not a great day for him on the campaign trail. Now the WTF moment, the moment where let's be honest, we love talking about this jurant. I love visiting this place. Please come and see Dallas, come and see the US anytime you get the chance to take a holiday outside of Australia.
Speaker 1: It is spectacular.
Speaker 2: But there's a few little reminders here about why it's great to visit and to talk about this, but that it's not our election.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 2: Of course when we vote, many people vote early, but theoretically still people turn up for their democracy sausage. It's still a community event. When our team wins, yay, when our team doesn't, and then we just move on. I love that people vote in Australia or in their budgy smugglers. Well, of course, in this country things have turned up to eleven. The panic that exists on the left. If Trump wins, I think it's going to result in some immediate problems. Of course, will be in DC, one of the bluest cities where guess what they're putting up the riot fences. This is for the greatest democracy on the world, the shining city on the hill. This is their capital city right now.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're expecting the ninety three percent of people who live in Washington.
Speaker 1: DC who vote to Democrat.
Speaker 2: They don't expect whole bunch of trump is to go nuts in the first twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: But if Trump wins, that's sad, right.
Speaker 2: I love this country, I really do, but I think that's a really sadness sort of WTF moment. Oh yeah, And by the way, some governors are sending out the National Guard, which is the equivalent of the Army Reserve, to be ready just in case again some madness happens. This is in Washington State, way left like soo left that place is. So they're preparing just in case for the freak out if Trump wins. And of course there may be a reason why people are going to freak out here because in the closing days, this is how the candidates talk about each other, and therefore their supporters freak out about.
Speaker 1: The other side. Do you think Donald Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: I do, Yes, I do so damn shame and I'm the only one that talks about it because everyone's afraid to damn talk about it. And then they accuse you of being a conspiracy theorist, use a conspiracy, and they want to luck you up, they want to put you in jail. The ones that should be locked up are the ones that cheat on these horrible elections that we go through in our country.
Speaker 1: All right now, as always, a little here, a little there.
Speaker 2: That's what we're wanting to talk about, which, of course, is the most important country in the world, and that is our very own one in Australia. We'll debate this a little bit later with our panel, and we've got great guests across the program. From the United States James Morrow in a moment or two his time. But let's talk about Albow. Yet another poll and yet another absolute shocker. This guy is going to start panicking because voters are willing to tell complete strangers what they actually think of upgrade Albow. We know that he's trying to flip the page, turn the page. What does Kamala say the changes when it comes to the political system. Of course, he's wanting to hold us at a campaign launch in Adelaide, which he did last week.
Speaker 1: He's trying to get cranky.
Speaker 2: In Parliament to show ah, I'm stronger and this thing's going to be closer than anyone thinks of the next little while meantime, normal people are standing by rolling their eyes. Interesting polling today from an organization called JL Partners, and it shows that people are willing to say, as I said, some pretty nasty things about the Prime Minister that are in my view kind of well deserved. All right, the Prime Minister Anthony Abinezi is increasingly regarded as weak, incompetent and useless.
Speaker 1: According to a new poll in May.
Speaker 2: The most common words that we use to describe the leader by these people who go and ask members of the public. Well, they were words like leader, but.
Speaker 1: Then you got weak and then you've got liar.
Speaker 2: The latest survey, weak the most common word used to describe Anthony Alberanezi a head of leader and then incompetent and then useless. Yeah, upgrade albow. He's killing it right now, right, weak, useless. This is what people are telling polsters, not just about which way they are going to vote. Interestingly as well, it personally used to be a rut and Gillard staffer all in on, you know, Dutton bad and Albo and Labor good. He wrote this in the Channel nine newspapers, part of the friendly media desperately trying to do their way to bail this bloke out. Well, he kind of hits elbow straight between the eyes. The problem for the Albanezer government it is that in the collection of problems that it faces, too many have come from factors.
Speaker 1: Squarely within its control.
Speaker 2: It has non over overwhelming policy achievements to point to, no story to tell the public about what it's doing. It has consistently an inability to get its lines straight and to deal with the negative stories quickly, and a lack of discipline. That's the guy who literally wrote a hate book about Scott Morrison. That's the guy who is there to pump up the team each and every week, telling you what he thinks about what is happening right now in Australian politics. Meantime, over in the Financial Review, our dear friend Phil Courry. I'm sure he loves that they give him a shout out all the time. I think he's one of the best in the gallery.
Speaker 1: And he's just.
Speaker 2: Called out the garbage of this university stuff, which remember, they could do today if they wanted to, they could do it today. But because they want to bribe people who have university debts to vote Labor as opposed to voting Greens and then preferencing labor meaning biddions of dollars to back Labor over the Greens. Well, he says that of course the PM has a plan as you can see there, to be able to buy his way back in. Oh yeah, and just no points today for Jason Clare. Now, Jason Clair is the Education Minister, so he's the one up and about peacocking and carrying on that this is the single greatest idea. But I got to say this is his response. If you think that the university debt thing is a completely ridiculous way to spend sixteen b four billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Have a listen to this lyrical gangster.
Speaker 3: They know that labor will help them and the Liberals will dud them. That's what they'll be doing, dounden three million Australians, making them pay thousands more in debt, making it harder to pay off, harder to get started, and harder to get a hit.
Speaker 1: You get it?
Speaker 2: He said there, he said there, The Dutton is dut duddening you.
Speaker 1: They're very clever, very clever, are they? Oh my goodness? All right?
Speaker 2: A bit more about a great elbow as well today, because the reverberations are pretty obvious what we all felt over the past week as we learned that the bloke who's got a private plane too private to you know, a multiplicity of million dollar homes as well as of course, don't forget those taxpayer funded mansions fed ikem Well. He was out and about in Parliament again today and what about this? Now people are starting to handback their membership of the Chairman's lounge.
Speaker 1: Now they didn't do this when they were offered it.
Speaker 2: You see, every single member of Parliament gets access to the Chairman's lounge. They didn't hand it back and say, you know what, I'm already a millionaire. Not interested, I've already got plenty of cash.
Speaker 1: Not interested. No, it's only after the public center message and of.
Speaker 2: Course front and center trying to be more sanctimonious than actually efficient is none other than the Teals.
Speaker 1: Now. The Teals love being able to make grand.
Speaker 2: Gestures that show Australian politics is changing. And here's a legal spender handing back the Chairman's Club membership two years too late.
Speaker 7: So I think it's really important that people feel that they're politicians. Their representatives are making decisions in the best interests of their communities, the one they represent, not in the interests of any perks or benefits that they get.
Speaker 2: I think Paul Keating used to say, what never get between a state premier and a bucket of money. I say, never get between a Teal and an opportunity to show how much better they are than everyone else. Look these the Chairman's Club in and of itself is not quite the problem.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: There are always spaces within spaces at a nightclub. There's VIP areas within VIP areas. It's about whether it affects your decision making or not. It's about whether it cuts yourself off.
Speaker 1: From the public. And also it's about whether or not.
Speaker 2: You start to take for granted this way of traveling. Again, people are allowed to go to a lounge. No one's really caring on about that.
Speaker 1: But the question is are you still flying on the taxpayer dollar?
Speaker 2: Allegra, Your family's got plenty of cash on your own declarations on the par Laman House website, there's investment properties here, there and everywhere, So why are we paying for you to fly? That's the actual issue, heading back of the meaningless membership to the club that you may or may not walk into. Yeah, forgive me if I do not believe this is the single greatest moment in the Australian democracy now, despite the fact that the Prime Minister says that the worst is behind us.
Speaker 1: Inflation has been killed. He is, you know, King Arthur with the sword.
Speaker 2: If I remember my stories at four o'clock in the morning Dallas time.
Speaker 1: Well, the reality is, of.
Speaker 2: Course, for most Australians paying off a house, thirty percent of the country that is trying to pay off a mortgage, there's another thirty percent that are renting, presumably they are renting from somebody who is paying off a mortgage. The Prime Minister wants to tell us again, everything's fine, everything is awesome, everything's okay. Well, guess what interest rates which have gone up once twice, four, six, eight, ten, twelve times since this bloke became the Prime minister twelve times. It looks like will not be coming down until twenty twenty five. Interestingly, today we've got a little inside via our friends at news dot com dot IU who checked in with all the banks. Let me tell you an Z Bank A and Z Bank believes that the first rate cut will happen in February.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: The Commonwealth Bank they also say February. The National Australian Bank says fabrury, and Westpac says fabrury. So while an interest rate interest rate cut may be coming, let's remember, okay, they went up twelve times. If they come down one, two, three, that's good right. But still people are rabina purple with the amount of financial pressure that comes from the interest rates. Remember, some people are having to find tens of thousands of dollars to pay off their home.
Speaker 1: Since Albou became a prime minister. But nothing to see here. Everything's okay. Now, of course it's easy for these guys. Remember they've got millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: After working in the taxpayer world for decades. Albo's got four million bucks for the retirement home, and hopefully he'll get access to a lot earlier.
Speaker 1: Than he's planning.
Speaker 2: Penny won three point four million dollars for her joint. I think that's also a sign that she's planning to pull a pin after the next election. A couple of other things to mention before I get back to the politics of this country, and it's run down to the presidential election. One of the absolute titans of music of the middle to late twentieth century with a little touch into the twenty first century, Quincy Jones. Now this guy has won every type of award. He used to make music for movies, and then he's moved into a phenomenal career that ra lasted all the way from Frank Sinatra all the way through to Michael Jackson and plenty and many more in between. There's a spectacular doco about his life.
Speaker 1: He's passed away at ninety one, and you can find it on Netflix.
Speaker 6: I've seen the power of music as a tool hearts and mines and millions of people.
Speaker 1: At each stage in this remarkable career.
Speaker 7: He's been somebody who's walked through that door before anybody else has.
Speaker 1: He've rely lived twenty six thousand days.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wear them all out.
Speaker 1: Oh need did. It's a great docco. It's an incredible life.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the music, Quincy Jones, and for the inspiration behind things like We Are the World. Look, you can go on forever about it. He was spectacular. His music will forever be spectacular. And speaking of my wonderful Queensland, the Texas of Australia, well, of course Bluey, which is another great national treasure. In Brisbane, they have decided to change a couple of the fairies. The fairies now are there to celebrate the heel of the family ahead of Bluey's world which will be opening up in a massive international tourist attraction. But how cool at the sea Bingo and her sister bouncing around the Brisbane River.
Speaker 1: Here's the mayor.
Speaker 8: This is all about making sure that the world knows that Bluey came from Brisbane, Bingo came from Brisbane, and it's still being made here.
Speaker 1: Each and every episode is made here.
Speaker 8: In Brisbane with Brisbane talent and depicting Brisbane.
Speaker 2: God love you Brisbane, God love you Bluey. A wonderful thing that even literally we were talking about it with kids in Texas.
Speaker 1: Today, a huge cultural export.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about that American presidential election. Let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Two days Togo, it's fifty to fifty. All right.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not going to bore you with the wires and the wares. You know the states, you know the places, you know the margins. But to give you an idea of the coin flip that this thing is five point thirty eight. That the place that looks at the polls census data, it says, out of one hundred chances Trump will get their fifty three times, Harris forty times. The bloker used to work for that business out on his own. He now says that it's fifty two to forty seven. And that's in terms of probability Trump winning both of those. But one thing you absolutely need to know about, and this is where we are going to get a little deep into the data, is the early vote. Tens of millions of people have already voted. It's extraordinary that I think it's plus seventy million people have already voted.
Speaker 1: But does the early vote.
Speaker 2: Tell us anything about what might be happening on Wednesday our time in Australia Tuesday here in the US. Well, yes, does this absolutely definitively say Trump's going to win, Harris is going to win. No, but you need to look at this. An organization doing some work through NBC as well.
Speaker 1: It's called Target Smart.
Speaker 2: Now they have got all of the information that is publicly available from all of the states and they have been able to break this thing down on gender. Now, as you can see, the light blue that is twenty twenty the dark blue that is twenty twenty four. The column on your left is a female voters, which is higher than the number of male voters. But if you read the media, you'd think that the female voters exploded by seven trillion. They're finding ladies everywhere who would like to vote. Well, the reality is that yes, fifty three percent of the early vote is female. That is exactly the same as four years ago. And in actual fact, there is a slight increase in the number of men that have been early voting this time compared to last time. You can also see that more people voted in twenty twenty because literally they were shoving ballots into people's mouths. But now, of course you have to apply for them or you have to turn up. So you can see the difference of forty eight million females in twenty twenty, thirty six million in twenty four, thirty nine million men in twenty twenty, now thirty million in twenty twenty four. Now another thing as well, when I was mentioning before about the polls and about the samples and all those things that I was trying to give you an idea about about how kind of we're flying in a little bit of fog at this moment.
Speaker 1: That's why you're hearing this. It's fifty to fifty. He could win, she could win.
Speaker 2: Partly that's a lot of people covering their backsides to make sure they don't end up backing in the wrong option here, but also because things are as.
Speaker 1: We say, they're so tight, all the rest of it here.
Speaker 2: But you need to know also about the polls, about how wrong they have been. I have to drive this point home because so often you hear about a poll. It leads to a headline. The headline leads to a perception. The perception leads to potentially a reality. Now, these are the polls on this day, two days out from the American election in twenty sixteen three states. It showed Clinton winning by five point five percent. Reality Trump won it by one percent. In Pennsylvania, Clinton two point eight percent. Reality Trump won it by one point two percent. Michigan two days out from the election, Clinton up five, Trump wins it by a whisker. According to Vanderbilt University, I'm trying to find my lefty sources. Hear Vanderbilt University, The polling era in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Was the worst in forty years. It was even worse.
Speaker 2: And again you can see a gross overcount of the Democrats and an undercount of what Trump was able to do. In Wisconsin two days out, Biden's six point six up Reality about five and a half points off. In Pennsylvania four point three. Oh yeah, they were only off by about four points. In Michigan Biden five point one, about half of that. So take it over with a grain of salt and follow the data. Speaking of the latest of the swing state polling, it shows five of the seven that are needed are heading Trump's way ever so slightly or bigger than that. And remember one last time that the New York Times admitted, deep, deep, deep, deep deep in the fine print that across these poles, white Democrats were sixteen percent likelier to respond than white Republicans, a larger disparity than earlier polls this year, when, of course they were just trying to build headlines.
Speaker 1: Momentum.
Speaker 2: Harris is amazing and not much better than the final polls in twenty twenty. All right, let's get to James Morrow. He is in North Carolina, one of those swing states that everyone is looking into the end trails, just a couple of days ago, James, so good to be able to talk to you on the telly. Right now, give me an idea about North Carolina. If Harris wins it, Trump's in a world of pain. If Trump holds, then it's all off to the blue wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, I mean, right now, North Caroline's whether it states that Trump is supposed to hold.
Speaker 1: He should get that.
Speaker 4: You know about one and a half percentage where the average of polls shows Trump coming in ahead.
Speaker 1: So you know, that's a pretty good indicator.
Speaker 4: And as you say, the polls tend to have an anti Trump bias for a bunch of reasons. A large number of that just simply being you know, the response bias, and Republicans and Trump voters are less likely to respond pass to upholstery when they go to them for pretty obvious reasons. So here there is that up. The early vote here is absolutely massive. I think about three billion early votes have been cast. And again, all of this early voting here means that the latest bit of I guess what you would call Operation Demoralized, which the left has been running and you know that stus as the Harris campaign running that poll, but it's also a large number of the media that are also pushing the whole Trump is horrible, Trump's crazy.
Speaker 1: Did you hear what he just said?
Speaker 4: Kind of you know, routine about you know, whipping everything he says into this whole sort of you know frenzy. They may have left that a little bit too late because people on the day. They've got to sway those people on the day, but they've got to sway enough of those to make up for the way early voting has gone this year, which seems to have given Republicans a bit more of an advantage than twenty twenty when they got blindsided, and now I think they've got a bit smart.
Speaker 2: Now I get this sensation which is really important for us to talk about, right, which is all three options are still on the table.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: There can be a Harris blowout, there can be a Trump blowout.
Speaker 1: And of course it can be fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: And that's because it doesn't matter whether you win the state by five votes or five million votes. And if you start to put them all together the past twenty four hours, let's explain to everyone at home the kind of Trump team freak out those of us that are trying to read the numbers thinking it's going one way and then seeing little moments that start to fling a lot of people the other way. Do you think that things are bouncing around that dramatically in the final days or is that just people hyping up before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I think it's a lot of hope before the Super Bowl. I honestly think, Paul, you know the idea that people are that there's a lot of people right now who are getting to the ballot box and deciding on the day which way they're going to go. I just don't think there's a lot of that because I think most people both figures are so utterly polarizing. It's very hard not to have an opinion about. It's not that we've got two milk toast candidates here, Pole and we don't really you know, you know, they're a bit the same, I don't know, kind of uniparty, a bit of this, a bit of that. You know, they're both really polarizing, and so all of their support, and it's going to be most of their support is going to be baked in already. There will be people who will be going up and you know, we're leading one way who may slip the other way because I just don't know if I can stand this or that or the other thing. And I think Trump may be hurt by some of that. With the real and I mean, you don't know the level of media hysteria here. You see some of it reflected back, you know, through the ABC and the H and the Herald and all of those sorts of you know, operations that are just you know, in an absolute you know, lather about the idea that Trump can become president. It's almost like they're telling Australia is not to vote for him, but it's but you know, here, the media frenzy is in an absolute full tilt. A couple of people who have spoken to you just on this already, just in Raleigh a couple hours. You know, I think people are pretty weary about of it. Every radio station you hear, every TV that's playing, you know, is just nothing with political ads wall to wall. So I think people are really also looking for a bit of respite too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent, all right. You also had the chance to go and have a look at the border. You've been able to see the stories. This really is a massive issue. It is right up there as a very key issue for men. It's one of the absolute drivers behind what's happening with Trump, and we need to make it really clear that there are deadly consequences in and around all of this stuff where some people that have come across that border, the millions of people really bad bad dudes, right, let's be honest. They have committed some horrendious crimes. What's it like to go to border town.
Speaker 4: Well, it's really fascinating because you know, you talk to the people, you see you know, the debris and you see refuse has been left, you know, by this crisis. But what's also interesting is how all of the politicians of the locals are so cynical because you know, just in the last couple of months, the Biden administration, of the Harris Biden administration has turned down the speaking of migrants with their policies, you know, coming up to the election, because they didn't want this to be an issue anymore, you know, so they're like, well, if you can do it, then why can't you do it from the start? The huge amount of cynicism, there's a huge amount of cynicism that if Harris and if Harris wins and his next president, the next step will be to give some sort of amnesty and eventually give citizenship to some of these many millions who have come through, many of them landing, oh in swing states, to try and turn them permanently democratic. There's a lot of citizens about that. But you know, as you say, too, on the bad dudes factor, there are so many horrendous stories. You know, just a couple of weeks ago, before we all came over here, there was a horrible case where a guy who came in illegally through the border in San Diego where I was, winds up in Chicago. Now he winds up allegedly shooting an Orthodox Jewish man on his way to temple and gets into a firefight allegedly with cops in which he's screaming a lot who actbar for two and a half minutes before he's finally taken down and arrested. So, you know, this is just one of the many stories of how our streets are being made less safe in America. And there's all the other stories here, but you know, obviously the horrendous case of sexual assault and crime, and you know, apartment buildings being taken over in Colorado and so on and so forth. I mean, it's just, you know, it is a real impactful story.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, James, thank you so much. We'll look forward to seeing you all day, all night, all the time. And it's Gynews, dot com, dot IU along with everyone else who is covering this thing, as we say, from the border to Broadway and all in between. Speaking of I had the chance to go to Fort Worth in Texas, to Cattown, a place that he is part of the pioneering spirit, where you can you know, kind of think of old Sydney Town on steroids and even then more amazing? How do this is Fort Worth's Stockyards, right in the heart of Texas. It is pioneer country. But let's find out? Is it Harris or Trump?
Speaker 1: Trump? Trump? Trump all the way?
Speaker 9: Harris Trump?
Speaker 1: Oh do you do? You can hug it out after Let's hug it out now. This is amazing decision this week? Trump or Harris Trump?
Speaker 9: Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to have to go with Trump. Dude, what do you What do you like about him? The border? Does your economy? If I said fight, fight, fight, what do you say? Fight? You're feeling about the chance of four more years of Trump? I'm really excited, but I am also a little bit nervous.
Speaker 9: It's a huge election.
Speaker 4: I've voted Republican a lot in my life, but I am a never Trumper, so I'm voting voting for Harris Oh Trump?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: Why of economy, the border?
Speaker 1: I mean, just a better way of life.
Speaker 2: Does anything worry you about the polls, the media spin in the final days?
Speaker 9: No, the people will tell.
Speaker 1: Oh, definitely Trump. What do you like about him? Everything?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I mean genuinely, she can't speak a sentence.
Speaker 1: Why would you even try.
Speaker 2: You know, what's your sense about how the Democrats have really tried to play gender had in this election. I don't like to think of a female vote going just to another female just because they're a female.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, you have to vote for who will do the job. I like the fact that he wants to put America first.
Speaker 4: Everybody says, oh, well, he's not the kind of guy I'd want to hang out with who gives it to AMN.
Speaker 1: I want someone who wants this country to succeed. Don't your level?
Speaker 2: The people with the awesome hats and all of those voices, you could hear him forever.
Speaker 1: No wonder so many grades.
Speaker 2: There's the top songs are about wonderful things to do in Texas. All right, we'll let you a quick break back, be more pleay to talk about Australian news. Next, let's focus in on Albow's attempts to have the world's longest election campaign.
Speaker 1: It's not till next year, but he's already on the trail. And then Alex Stein joins us time time ninety nine.
Speaker 10: Baby here in the big Day, Welcome back to the triple D.
Speaker 2: You and I am not talking about the double verse. I'm talking about Dallas, Texas, where.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot to do before we are done here.
Speaker 2: Alex Stein will be here to grind people a blamp all of this business in a moment or two time.
Speaker 1: No fauci Auchi's for him.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's have a chat to Freyer Leech from the Menses Research Center and Sam Crosby labored his bootstraps, both in Sydney tonight. Thank you so much for chatting to us as I'm hearing Dallas. Now let's start with you first here, Freyer. We know the Prime Minister wants to change the conversation, but trying to launch the twenty twenty five election campaign in November of twenty twenty four, when Malcolm Turnbull was the guy playing four D chess in his Peak house, an eight week election campaign was too long.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's screams of desperation. And after the week albos Had, I don't blame him for wanting some sort of a circuit breaker, but importing US politics through a US style rally and then announcing a Biden policy of student debt relief. I don't think it's the way you're going to do it. And it all screams of desperation. To be honest, I mean the idea that we're going to wipe sixteen billion dollars worth of debt. It's literally taking from the poor and giving to the rich, punishing people who have been financially smart and done the right thing paying down their debt, and then giving that money taxpayer dollars to people who haven't done the right thing. That really doesn't stack up with me, and I think most Australians, the twenty four million of them who don't have a student debt and who will have to pay for this policy, are going to be pretty annoyed.
Speaker 2: Sam, if we're starting campaigns in November for a whenever election in twenty twenty five. Look, it's great for business for us. I'm excited to talk about it. I'm not entirely sure everyone in Australia is going to love it, Paul.
Speaker 8: Every week we've been here, when you know Elbo's been having, let's be honest, not a great couple of weeks, and every week you and Matteo. He needs to have a message. He needs to get on message. And what's he going to talk about now? Okay, he's doing it. He took your advice. He watches your show religiously, Paul, and he took your advice and he's actually coming out with some substantive policy.
Speaker 1: And I think it's great.
Speaker 8: One hundred thousand free tape spaces, brilliant, Like absolutely, this is I need take it on top of the never bags that tape stuff.
Speaker 1: But that's great. I mean, look, I have to admit I've made the initial reaction.
Speaker 8: My initial reaction was a lot like prayers towards the US style debt relief policy. And then I spoke to a few people who have HEX debts and they did make a very clear point that it was not like it is not like what you and I went through, and we had hex debts where the repayment rate only kicked in when you got a pretty good job. It kicks in much much lower. Now the debts are much greater than when you and I went to Unipool. And so I think fair enough. You know, it's hardly you know, robbing from the rich and giving them the poor when you're looking at the vast majority of kids, they don't go to city university. They are going to University of Western Sydney, they are going to Charles Sturt University to University of New England. They are going to ordinary universities. University is not no longer just for rich people. You know, the nineteen seventies, the nineteen eighties happened and the great mass of Australians get to go to university tax.
Speaker 1: Ye, So if the taxpayers are going.
Speaker 2: To pay up front, and it's not about whether you're smart enough to get in now it shouldn't be about rich enough. But it's not about whether you're smart enough. It's just we pay up front for everyone to be there.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about another tax and the morality around this tax. The Victorian government has essentially introduced a version of a death tax. No, they're not taking a slice off the top of your inheritance. They've just absolutely gone through the roof on how much they are going to charge as the fees for recognizing your will.
Speaker 1: Freyer.
Speaker 2: I know governments can do this stuff. I know that the people who will be paying this or their estates won't be able to fight back. But what does it say morally about governments that even when you die they whack you.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is exactly what a broke labor government would do. If you tax all the citizens while they're alive and they won't take it anymore, what's left well tax the dead as well. And some people might say, ah, you know, it's just to cover the cost of court proceedings, you have to settle the wills. But I don't buy that these fees have gone up by six hundred and fifty percent in some brackets that is well and truly above what it would cost to just index to inflation or increase incrementally. This is a revenue raising scheme by a government that has run out of money. So just be honest about it. Say we're going to implement a stamp duty like tax, so even when you die, you can't just have your money. You have to give the government a slice.
Speaker 9: To just be honest.
Speaker 6: But trying to cloak this is some sort of oh, it's just to pay for the court and there's no deeper agenda about a death tax here is just misleading to taxpayers. I think they would appreciate some honesty on this one.
Speaker 1: Sam.
Speaker 2: Again, I understand that systems cost money, but the idea that this tax gets introduced, the Premier stands by it. I hope it's an ambered claim that she has to walk away from in a few months because who does this help?
Speaker 8: And look, these systems have an increase by six hundred and fifty percent in the last twelve months or whatever the period's been. Look, I don't know nearly enough about this system and about how much money it raised. I do understand the politics of it, and I do understand that any government being accused of rightly or wrongly implementing a death tax is not going to be electorally very popular. So you really need to ask yourself, how badly do you want these couple of million dollars that you're going to be claiming from this tax?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 8: I know people on my side of politics love an inheritance tax because economically it's a beautiful sort of a tax to construct. I get the economics of it, But politically it is possibly the most abhorred tax that I think any parent ever has that wants to leave something to their children that they've worked hard their whole lives, and then they're getting flogged with that. I just think it's electorally a dog of a move.
Speaker 1: But also, I mean, look.
Speaker 2: At the politics in and around negative gearing right inheritence general speaking for most people, it's not about leaving a gold carriage to your kid. It's about saying I did the right thing, I tried hard, I paid my taxes, I did everything okay, and there's a little bit left over that makes your life better. And then for the grank just the death wish in and around this is obvious, including the pun.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about a couple of days ago here in the US.
Speaker 2: Sam, you're a Harris girl, and are you feeling the vibes yet?
Speaker 8: Look, I'm pleased that Matt Canavan's not on the show tonight so that when I say what I'm going to say, he doesn't throw it in my face next week. But look, I am feeling the vibe Oker Harris. You know, I saw the poles that you had up earlier, and I really appreciate that you put up all the times that they were wrong, because I got to be honest, That's all I kept coming back to.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 1: Poll after pole is a bad sample.
Speaker 8: Because when you think through how they're collecting this data, you cannot collect that data accurately. So look, I think this is going to be a turnout elections, as you said in your editorial and I think that the women, with abortion being the main issue for them, I think they're going to be a little bit more motivated than the young men voting for Trump. I might be completely wrong, and this is probably the first and the only time that I'm going to say Harris is going to win. But yeah, a couple of days out, I'll say Harris for the big w good stuff. God love you man, Thank you so much. Now the abortion issue.
Speaker 2: By the way, in Iowa, that's one of those six week band states. So surprise, surprise, surgeon female, you know all the rest of it, right, freyer your sense of what might be happening here in a couple of days.
Speaker 6: My gut feeling is Trump is going to win. Even among young people on social media, if you compare their TikTok views, Trump is beating Harris ten to one. He's getting consistently over a million likes. Harris is barely cracking one hundred thousand. So I think the groundswell momentum is definitely with Trump. And in fact, yes, polls can be wrong, but they tend to undercount Republicans. That's what happened in twenty sixteen, twenty twenty. I think that will probably happen again this year. So my gut feeling is Trump.
Speaker 1: Thank you, rock stars. We'll talk to you again very soon.
Speaker 2: In speaking of rock stars, I'm borrowing from Rita Panahe Alex Stein Primetime ninety nine, The Pimp on a Blimp, A.
Speaker 1: Man who has more energy than I do.
Speaker 2: And I'm out of my skin excited. He joins us next here on the rooftop in Dallas. Welcome back to Dallas. We've had an incredible time. People have been so fantastically kind to us and lovely. And there's one man I want you to meet before we fly out of here and head off to the heart of the swamp. It is none other than Alex Stein. You see him on the Rita Panehe Show, you see him on the Blaze, you see him on YouTube, and I see him with my own eyes.
Speaker 1: Big fella, Hello.
Speaker 11: I just want to say, Paul Murray is the number one host. Rita was the number one host. Rita is in my heart, but Paul Murray. After Paul came to Texas, this guy is taking over the stage.
Speaker 9: Sky News. This is the best host I've ever seeing on all of TV.
Speaker 11: Handity, Fox News, they wish they had the skills of Paul Murray.
Speaker 2: Wow, promos made baby, I mean, thank you very conn off. You right, don't worry what you're always number princesses, Number one We've made.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sorry, help me out here, Alex.
Speaker 2: The madness of the Harris campaign, which was about joy and then was about Hitler and then went and did no interviews for months, and then it has lots of celebrities around it, and she still doesn't really say what she's gonna do when she's the president.
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 11: I think the worst thing is when they asked her, did you did you make any mistakes during your vice presidency and she said no.
Speaker 9: She didn't even admit that she made one mistake.
Speaker 11: So that just shows you how disingenuous she is in Kamala Harris can't save this country.
Speaker 9: But because abortion is.
Speaker 11: The number one issue that is affecting women and women are voting like crazy, I'm very worried about the turnout. I think it's a high possibility that Kamala Harris comes in and wins just barely. If this is a Twitter pl or Facebook poll, Trump wins by ten million votes. Yeah, But because it's a real election, where people have to go to the polls and women are just better at it than men.
Speaker 9: I'm very worried.
Speaker 1: Paul.
Speaker 2: Also, I always worried about Trump in the past twenty four hours on the stump right now, you know what it's like to stand up to, you know, say lots of stuff off top of your head, to try to change your act a little depending on what the room is. He's doing seventeen rallies a day, and I'm not buying into that.
Speaker 1: He's tied. He's old stuff. But instead of.
Speaker 2: Closing on economy, immigration, we're talking about paper ballots.
Speaker 1: From twenty twenty. Yeah. I don't love him, but come on.
Speaker 11: No, I love Donald Trump, and I mean, but the guy's not perfect. He is working his butt off, but I do kind of worry about his rhetoric. He keeps on talking about stuff that I don't know if that's going to get people that are in the middle.
Speaker 1: To vote for him.
Speaker 9: Now he has his base, for sure, we love it.
Speaker 11: He leans into the garbage. We're talking about the squirrel twenty four to seven. But on a serious issue.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 11: Megan Kelly said it, well, you know, I would like it if he would appease women a little bit more, But I mean, at this point, it's so we're so late.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 9: Yeah it's done.
Speaker 11: I don't know much what you could change actually affect the election at this point.
Speaker 1: Now. I also love the media when it's trying to pump up Harris, like I've.
Speaker 2: Already saw Tyler Swift tonight. It might be Tyler Swift tonight.
Speaker 1: Didn't they do this with Beyonce and she turns up A doesn't seem well.
Speaker 11: I was at the Kamala rally and everybody was there with their family, little kids because a lot of people can't afford to go to a Beyonce concert.
Speaker 9: They think they're getting a free concert.
Speaker 11: As soon as they got there and Beyonce walked off the stage, I saw thirty thousand sad people. So and there's a lot of bait and switch, like I saw Leonardo DiCaprio tweeted Harris twenty four and everybody was like, well, I thought he only did a nineteen year olds and then they realized he was talking about the candidacy about yeah.
Speaker 9: Good point, run for president. So I don't know. She has all the celebs, but Trump used to have all the slubs, Paul, all the slubs used to love Donald Trump before he his president.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and now he's got Hulk Hugan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, now we got the guy. We had the hulkster ripping off his shirt.
Speaker 2: But he's got Kid Rock though, kid walks pretty awesome, and a few of the right out country stars.
Speaker 1: Now, give me an idea about you know you are you are like you.
Speaker 2: And Rada, the two most plugged in people to the Internet, right like inside you want it? Now, there were two internets, right, there's the the Trump is gonna destroy everything, and then there's the Trump is awesome and the other way round. Of course, when it comes to Harris, there will be people that will be utterly surprised by one of two things happening on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: The Internet will break right.
Speaker 9: Well, you know it's funny because we talk about the internet. The Internet is a fake place, Paul.
Speaker 11: You know, I get a good metric because I can see how my content does. But a normal American doesn't look at their ex or Twitter account every day. You know, a normal person may look at their Facebook a little bit. So I said this earlier. Donald Trump wins the Internet. He wins the Internet. But I think Kamala Harris actually wins because they can ballot harvest. They're good at They just have a good ground game and they can get homeless.
Speaker 1: People to vote.
Speaker 11: They get illegal immigrants allegedly, but I'm just saying they have a good ground game and I think that that could be what puts Kamala over the top.
Speaker 1: All Right, So I'm Alex Stein to pimp on a blimp. Yes, you know you do it different, right, you do it? You do it different. You do in Texas? You do a deli right, tell us about election? Not for you?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna be, you know, sitting back with the ladies in the hot tub.
Speaker 1: I mix it up with the bros. What happens for you an election?
Speaker 11: Not Paul, I'm doing a similar thing that you are doing. I am flying to DC as soon as we're wrapped here, and I'm going to the Kamala Harris rally at Howard University in d C HBCU Historical Black College.
Speaker 9: I think it'll be fun.
Speaker 11: I'll fit in well there, you know, because I'm an urban pamp on a blank as you can see here in Dallas. But it's gonna be a very monumental night for one side. I'm just so worried Paul that I'm gonna be there and she's gonna win, and they're all gonna tease.
Speaker 9: Me and make fun of me.
Speaker 11: So Donald, you gotta pull this one out. Trump, Please, I beg of you. Do not take it away from a CIA r FB. I let us win.
Speaker 1: Allegedly allegedly, thank you, Alex. I love you, man.
Speaker 11: Oh this guy's rules. I love you reader. But Paul's hilarious. This guy's so funny.
Speaker 1: God love you, God love you. Thank you so much. You're a beautiful man, Alex. Start. You can find him all over the internet.
Speaker 2: You'll find a mentioned every week with the Persian Princess. I can feel the text message is bubbling, you know, the glare she's giving us right now. Man, come on, all right, that's us from Dallas. This is a spectacular city from football to you name it. Lots of little cool arts districts and all in between. And yes, I got around on the scooter ride thing. You can go and see the thing. There's so much to do and see here. It's a wonderful American city. I don't say that because anyone's paying It's because I've had an absolute whale of a time if you get the chance to go.
Speaker 1: To a college football game. Oh my gosh, everything that you think it is all right.
Speaker 2: This time tomorrow we are in Washington, DC, one day to GOO. Our special guest Meghan Kelly, stand by for the late debate here on Sky News. You can always send me an email Paul at skynews dot com dot au. Bye from Daly