Speaker 1: Hello, super coaches, and welcome to the Preview podcast. Around seventeen, We've got a big buye that we're building towards next week. Wills Jet here, Wilso, how's your team traveling?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 4: I think I scored a coming with the Zact squad. It was in the thirteen hundreds last week, and it was yeah, not the crazy score, but it was enough to still move up.
Speaker 3: Moved up about three hundred ranks.
Speaker 4: I'm about fourteen hundred now, soe pretty good. I was looking at my history, like seven weeks ago, I was eleven thousandth and now I'm back into fourteen hundred.
Speaker 1: So big big surge over the bys. Yeah for the back seat band, it's speaking of teams that are absolutely flying. Jet Hatten right up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got really lucky.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of sub forty, sub thirty scores over the weekend, but I got saved by the sea on su farlong I. So I scored thirteen thirty three, moved up about one hundred and fifty spots. I'm into back to about rank five hundred, so I keep getting up to like four five hundred.
Speaker 5: Have a bad week, go back to seven hundred. And then go back up.
Speaker 3: So I'm sort of.
Speaker 2: Just around that middle spot in the top one thousand, so hopefully I can make a big move this week.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I'm letting the team down here because I'm three nine hundredth I'm saying that I'm in the three thousands or yeah, two top two percent as it says in there, even though it's not quite mathematically correct. So yeah, I mean it's it's solid every like. Yeah, you have a good week, you move up, have a bad week, you move back a little bit. What are your trades this week?
Speaker 4: We Allso I'm actually, for the first time since round one, I'm probably not going to make any trades this week. Yeah, which I don't know. It seems crazy not making trades. But also I've only got ten left, and I'm actually good for round eighteen already barring any injuries, I've got seventeen and just need to bring in a hooker basically, So, yeah, not going to make any trades this week, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So repeating that you've got seventeen for next week even though it's best thirteen. Yeah, how was that managed to happen? Oh?
Speaker 4: Just I don't know a lot of the guys, I picked up just happened to cover multiple by rounds, so it's worked out well.
Speaker 1: We apologize. If you can hear some drilling in the background as well. There's plenty of happening in the News Corp office today, Jet, What do you think of trades?
Speaker 2: I didn't make any trades last week. I do need to trade kaypist Paul and Jackson Ford.
Speaker 5: I've got those two. I don't think I'm going to trade him this week, just because I.
Speaker 2: Don't like any of the options really too, I F.
Speaker 5: And front forward.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make one trade though, even though it's around eighteen number. I'm gonna trade out Joe Ashpapoli. He's been relegated to the bench.
Speaker 5: Even when he did play for me last by around, he.
Speaker 2: Scored about eighteen or something. I don't really care about trading him out. Click to Murray Martin down to five eight. I'm going to trade him my boy Adam Dewey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well wow, yes.
Speaker 2: A good part of why I'm flying this year is because of Adam Dewey. I had him in my team very early on, and you take out his injury affected game where he's still scored thirty five and ten.
Speaker 5: Minutes against the Sharks.
Speaker 2: He's averaged ninety five on the season, so he's honestly been one of the best supercoach players. He had like a lower of sixty four or something, might have been around three against the Bunnies. Yeah, you've got to take risks and supercoaches, and I'm going to pull a trigger on Adam do it.
Speaker 1: I reckon, that's huge. You've actually got him as my pot of the week later on. But yeah, I don't have the actual balls to be doing that. I'm going a bit more generic. I'm probably going to go twil to sorry twil In Jackson Ford out, which with twil getting named yesterday, he's gone from being barely owned at all to being the third most purchase player currently. He'll probably end up as the most purchased player of the week zip coach plus's twenty nine to ninety five for the year. The good thing about this period of the season is that you can get all your your full by planner in there, plus red light and green lights for players who are in and out injury reports as well, so you can see during the weekend who's been ruled out and who hasn't. Coaches aired brought to you by tab but we're on. So got up for the last two weeks in a row. Actually been backing the Fins to win and then a few try scorers on the side, got up three to ninety last week, got up by almost five bucks the week before. This week is a bit tougher. It's a little bit strange, but I think that the Cowboys, I don't think they'll win, but I think they'll test Penrith this weekend. So they've actually won their last three against the Panthers and it's in Townsville, so yeah, I've got them plus twenty point five, which is I mean, they don't even have to get close. Really, Jackson perdue to score a try, so he's scored two tries and had two try seats against the Panthers in three games over his career, so he actually likes playing against the Panthers and then Jenkins to score a try, which is not I mean, he's caused a try almost every single week, so it's not going to get you a whole bunch of value. But the Cowboys have conceded forty five percent of their tries down his side, so it gets your seven bucks. What do you reckon.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised you didn't go the Fins again just because they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they've got the Wars this week, so yeah, I couldn't just keep backing the Fins here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the Cowers did conceive thirty eight points to the Wars last week, but I mean with your line, as long as they lose by what las, then you're sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jackson perdue to score a try from five eight. It's dicey, but look it's paying seven bucks, so you get some decent value there. You can check out that same game multi in the tab app. The chances are you're about to lose for free and confidential spport called a number on screen, or visit the website Cheapy Bible. So it's whittling down at this time of the season. There's really only one cheapy option this week, and it is Tony Suker. Other than that, you've got to go with nufs. So this week, would you go with Tony Suker or would you just go for enough?
Speaker 4: I actually brought him in last week and I was pleasantly surprised, and with news coming out yesterday that Alex Twel's back, he's actually kept that spot over Safar, So job security looks pretty good. I guess it depends what if you actually need a cheapier at this point in the year. I mean, the downside with him is that, like he'll make you some decent cash, but he might actually not enough out for quite a while. So you know there's a risk there if you don't want to actually bring in a cheap and you just want more cash than bring in Enough's okay, but I don't really want to bring in enough.
Speaker 1: I reckon Suka probably drops out when Samuela Fino's back about around twenty, which is so I think he will enough out. Yeah, they don't seem to want to play him from the band. She's more of a big minute guy. So yeah, I'm happy with Suka. Bought him last week, made me, got me sixty odd points, made me fifty odd k or something. I'm pretty happy with him.
Speaker 2: I was singing about trading him in down grading Kaipe his pool to him. You do say, like some of the finers kind of come back in round twenty, So it did make me think about it.
Speaker 5: But he's a left edge back rower.
Speaker 2: And so I just I'd assume his brother's he only goes back into the middle rotation and Tony Suka will retain spot. Yeah, I still want to waste the trade on Tony Suka this late into the.
Speaker 5: Season, so I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Questions heaps coming through this week, we've got Darren Greenfield has written in how many trades do you have left? Big question?
Speaker 3: I've got ten?
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've used a trade every single week since round one, so yeah, an boost. I've used all my boosts and I actually used my last burst last week. I still had one left, but yeah, not many trades left, so that's why I'm not making any trades this week.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no boost for me and ten trades.
Speaker 5: I've got thirteen trades left.
Speaker 1: One bow and running in your.
Speaker 5: Nine hundred k in the bank, so I'm set.
Speaker 1: Up quite well.
Speaker 3: Save your boost for next week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not going to use it next week.
Speaker 2: I've got like fifteen already, so okay, yeah, I'll probably save it for I don't even know what do I use it to be honest, Like.
Speaker 5: There's a word where I don't use the boost because I haven't really needed him too.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind saving it for later in the season and then with some trades up my sleeve, sort of make a really big push.
Speaker 1: So to do that, yeah, I reckon third eight trades where you're running would be well above average.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I was thinking yeah, because I didn't make any last week, so I've sort of I thought I was running in trades.
Speaker 5: Now I feel like I'm in a good spot just because of that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we got It's not a question. This is a statement saying Dylan Lucas is the best buy at two RF this week. He's a keeper low bee and he could miss Origin selection. What do you reckon? Because if he does miss Origin selection, he'd be a huge purchase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that he would be, for sure.
Speaker 4: But I mean you don't know until you've already brought him in this week or missed out. So I mean, if he misses out, he's do the Nights play next week?
Speaker 1: They do they do well?
Speaker 4: Then if he misses out an Origin selection, he's still goodbye next week if you don't get him in this week. But yeah, I mean it's it's hard to know if like, he didn't play that bad in game two, but he did miss I think seven tackles, so maybe they opt not to run with him again in game two.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still think he's in the squad, Like yeah, Lurie Daily seems to love him. Whether Hamoli comes back in and starts, who knows, ham You might come in on the bench. I still think he's in the twenty and so I won't play next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, even if he comes off the benches. I don't know why let the pick off off the bench in the first place, because he's such good utility, comes to so many positions.
Speaker 5: So I suggested he would be there next week.
Speaker 1: Let's do the no go zone. So this is the popular move to avoid.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, number one on the list is for me is Painhass, who I think is the number one most purchased player this week. I don't hate him as a buy, but he's not going to play next week because he'll be in Origin camp and then the week after that they have the buy I think, yeah, so yeah, you bring him in this week and then he misses the next two weeks for you, So yeah, I probably wouldn't consider bringing him in until Origin's over.
Speaker 3: Personally, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see the pain Ass trade out with his by schedule coming up in fact, or do your no go first, because I've got six no gos for Alex Taol.
Speaker 2: Obviously he's had a super season, but he's coming off that knee injury. I think you can just take an opportunity to have a look at his minutes. See you know, if he's playing sixty, yeah, seventy minutes, you can probably trade him in next week. But if they easy your background fifty minutes, he's probably going to average fifty sixty.
Speaker 5: At his price, he's.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred and eighty thousand with a break even of one hundred and four or something.
Speaker 5: I just think you can wait for next week.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a good week to save trades. I've got six of the top ten who I think are absolute no goes this week. Hals definitely, war Brick doesn't make sense to me. Getting on Sasangi at this point doesn't make sense. With the big Bee Ara Mahoe doesn't quite make sense. Or just go for a cheapie and Tony Suka and Marky Mark will be waiting until after Origin to bring him in. So great week to save traits, guilty pleasure. This is the move you shouldn't make, but you can't help yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean every week we did this segment, i'd say someone who I actually have no intention of getting this week, but you just mentioned him as a no go. I am very much going to be looking at Semis Sung in this week really just to see I mean, not as a bye this week because he's break evens one hundred and forty, so he's basically guaranteed to lose cash this week. But I'm very tempted in the coming weeks to bring him in.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, so big b and then the bye next week, isn't it. So? Yeah, Like around nineteen and twenty are going to be huge buying weeks because you've got all these guys finishing there by finishing origin, So I think, yeah, just save trades for those weeks, don't get on see me?
Speaker 2: It would be huge you see me, Sung if you have Talis Duncan as well, because what after round eighteen, he'll probably get his duel.
Speaker 5: He will, and you'll be able to flip those two if you can set it up.
Speaker 2: So, if any Talis Duncan is out there, including myself, I'm definitely taking at a simmy what's your guilty pleasure.
Speaker 5: Adam do it. Yeah, I just love him.
Speaker 2: He's got such a high injury risk. Everyone knows that, and it means that I probably won't get Nico Hines next week because I'm going to have dream Buller and I just don't want to trade dream Buller out next week, so I'm going to run run the gauntlet. I think the Sharks they'll be pretty depleted for Origin, so I'm happy to go that them Dewy and Yeah, I just think you know, I can even check the BC on in this week, try and make some ground on the high ranked teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like it.
Speaker 1: My guilty pleasure is holding Luki Lasardi, Tom Chester, all those guys are basically they're my sort of eighteenth, nineteenth, twentieth men. Ye running home. They got the buy coming up. They've peaked in price like you could cash them in, could go to a genuine keeper, But for me, I'm just holding for now. I may move them on next week. We'll see what happens next week. Is it's so big just getting numbers on the field for this buy next week and then nineteen is going to be really tough with three teams on the buy and Origin players. I reckon a whole bunch of origin player is going to get rested in that round, so the next two rounds getting players on the park is going to be rough. So I'm holding Luky Losardi chested up for now. We'll see what happens from there. Part of the week, I can guarantee yours is Adam Dewey. I've got no.
Speaker 2: It's actually not yeah because I thought I leave him nowt because I was going to talk about him so much this week.
Speaker 5: It's actually I.
Speaker 2: Had a really good look at Jeremie and I yeah, I thought he looked really good on the weekend. Scored to try late obviously, but got through eighty minutes for the first time this season. You can you don't have to play movie where you can play him based on matchups. And then I also had Jeremy Marshall King in there for those looking to move on Oliver Pasco that you know, only got thirty minutes on the weekend, seventy points almost in base last week, overs next week as well, and he's only about five hundred KSE, so you could actually almost go down to Marshall King from Pasco, So I don't.
Speaker 4: Mind him as a little bye yeah, Iman Marshall King was one of my guys on my list as well, but he's he's someone that I think I'm like ninety percent going to bring in next week. Yeah, for everything you just said, he's looked really good the last few weeks. He's back playing big minutes and the Dolphins are going well. But the guy I've got is Tommy Turbo looks good last week on return, He's scored it. He's scored seventy points if you include tackle bus in base. Fifty two of those points were in pure base. He took about like twenty eight hit ups in his first game back from a hamstring injury, so he's he's playing pretty confident. And it's it's storm this week, so it's tough to get a read on whether that's a hard or easy matchup these days, but Tommy Turbo definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Speaker 1: I think I actually have Tommy Turbo as my part of the week. I've got Adam Dewey as my part of the week, so I've got nothing else about for this segment. But I agree with both of you guys on those Captain's call. What are you thinking? So Herbie on the with the VC at thirty five percent. He's also the most popular captain at twenty nine percent. So everyone's around Herbie this weekend, even against Do you think that's just leftovers from Well, it could be. I think people people might be being a little bit lazy and something. I'm not training this week. I'm not going to look at my team until right before the game starts on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's a tough WAT matchup for the Dolphins against the Warriors this week, right, Yes, so it's rough.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be captaining him.
Speaker 4: I think he's still worth chucking the VC on because he you know, he could still go big.
Speaker 3: In a in a tough matchup.
Speaker 4: But I'm chucking the VC on Jacob Kiraz for the Titans.
Speaker 1: Carras like I don't own him, and every time he runs the ball he looks like he's completely cooks. Both legs are cook. He's got so much strapping on one knee. Then he's always flexing his calf because he is playing with a torn calf, literally playing with a torn calf, and I just's I'm just like he's going to break every time, and he busts out seventy five on the weekend and a hundred weeks before.
Speaker 4: I mean, if if he scores a try against the Titans, which I mean they've actually been pretty decent defensively the last couple of weeks. They've turned a bit of a corner, so you know, it's no guarantee, but if he does, he could craft their ton pretty easily. So yeah, I've chucked the vs Onkires and I'm just going Captain Cleary against the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Captain Cleary for me is that twenty six percent. Hopefully that hip issue is not too much of a drama going forward. But yeah, it's against the Cowboys. They leak points for fun. It's going to be fine. Whether up there. I thought that was your belly rumbling for the second, but there's just so much drilling going on right now. Hopefully you can't hear it. What's your captain?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm probably going to v see Nathan Cleary on Saturday five thirty.
Speaker 5: I think they play.
Speaker 2: Maybe even he'll be fine worth earlier in the week because I'm pretty keen to target that Sunday game either Calum Pong or Adam Dewey.
Speaker 5: I think it's the last game of the round some day full pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I said I was going to v see Adam Doueyer. I don't how to think about it. They play the last game of round, so I currently do that. So to the yeah, Adam Dewey or Klamponger, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pongo in the final game. Is that fourteen percent?
Speaker 2: I might not go Adam Dowey, it'd be youer zero point one percent.
Speaker 1: I reckon that's what it was. Only in I looked before. He's only in two percent of teams. Yeah, and probably most of those are zombie teams. So within the top like five hundred or whatever you're in, there's not going to be there's going to be no one captaining Adam doing clear He's going to do his.
Speaker 2: Hit pointer or something and arrest him and then everyone captain him. You'll score twenty and then Adam Dewey one hundred and twenty Sunday afternoon and you just saw off the ranks. I'll be in the number one overall spot.
Speaker 1: So final question to end the show twelve a half.
Speaker 2: This week, are you taking Tina Tina? I thought I'd get in Tina even though he won't play next week.
Speaker 5: I want him long term.
Speaker 2: Over all of them, I just think he's he's plays good footy.
Speaker 1: He's coming good. But yeah, definitely wait until after the bus.
Speaker 4: I would rather have half in three weeks, but if you have to bring in one this week, I'd bring into well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve for me this week ahead of Hals, but I definitely want halfs for the right home. Big thanks to Will, so big thanks to Jet. We'll catch you next week.