Speaker 1: We got get morning every daday.
Speaker 2: Adelaide, our next guest, started playing drums age nine in Melbourne, Victoria. Their careers started with their first band.
Speaker 1: Called Khuda Punkt.
Speaker 2: They soon changed their name to G Flip, inspired by their dad's nickname, Mister Flip. After dominating the ARIA charts, G went on to marry the love of their life, Chrischelle Stous from the epic real estate series Selling Sunset.
Speaker 1: I really love Gello. It's just so nice to me. My partner's not by marrying these. They then pronounced, this is.
Speaker 2: A please, welcome to the studio the unbelievable talent that is G Flip.
Speaker 1: Jane's so lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We were just briefly.
Speaker 4: Talking off about how you've been performing in New York.
Speaker 1: Do you pinch yourself just how many people did you play for?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I reckon there would have been twenty thousand, maybe ten twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: I'm not good at numbers.
Speaker 5: I do pinch myself all the time, and I can't believe I get to do this and it's my life. I think about it every day. I think there's every day I just shopped at how this ended up working out this dream.
Speaker 6: I had talk through the project, the g Flip project, and from where you were to where you are now, Like, could you imagine that you'd be doing this sort of stuff, because it's been it's been a hell of a little period for it.
Speaker 5: I always felt really comfortable on stage when I was just drumming for other bands and doing that for a while. But I think when I was sitting behind that drum kit, I was looking at whoever the lead singer was thinking, God, I could be pretty good at that. So, you know, I just grinded for so many years and really believed in myself until you know, the stars aligned and things started working out for me. And yeah, I'm really grateful for, you know, all the people that have helped me in my career and got me to where I am. And I'm also a bit proud of myself for just sticking to it and not giving up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should be a full confession here. I'm a massive selling sun Step fan wondered how it would feel for you because you've been a part of this series, but how it would feel for you sitting back watching your partner cop Shade, Like I would find that really hard if I on a reality show, you know, if people were dishing stuff on my partner and really when that's not who they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like the earlier seasons like that when I went back and caught up before Kroschelle knew me. God, some people were pretty rough to her. As you if you're a fan of the show, you know Cochelle can definitely hold her own. Yeah, so now you know she's you know, she's so good in an argument and like can really hold her own. And she's also just such a lovely, lovable woman who's so caring and nice. But if you do, like just try to go after her for no reason, like she could really hold her own in how does point across?
Speaker 1: How does that got home? When you get into an argument and you're like, oh, I'm cooked here.
Speaker 5: To be honest, we really were not a very argumentative I'm just such a like chiller that I'm not ever trying to get into any fights or something. I really don't even know how to have a fight. But God, if Krishelle needed to put me in my place, she definitely could.
Speaker 6: Hey, j let's talk about Ozzie music festivals. We can't wait for you to get here for spin off twenty four, Friday, nineteenth of July. What's going on with the Aussie music festivals at the moment, because we're really looking forward to this one, but a fair few prominent festivals have been canceled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been, you know, a big shame.
Speaker 5: We've groven the Mirror and Splendor and everything, and there's multiple other ones as well. It's just a hard landscape for festivals, and it's you know, it's really hard to get international, big international acts over festivals are costing more. It's just it's a really hard landscape at the moment, and it's such a shame because festivals are so much fun. There's so much fun, and the artists and the you know, the punters out there love it.
Speaker 1: So it is a shame.
Speaker 5: But I think, you know, everyone in Adelaide and people traveling into spin off are going to have a great, great time and I'm looking.
Speaker 1: Forward to it so much.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm mates with Peach PRC who's also on the bill. Girl in Red just recently toured with my friends the Beaches, so they were setting messages and I'm excited to meet her and their cruise.
Speaker 4: Jesus, before we let you go, do you get to spend a bit of time in Australia now because Chrishelle was just signed up to do Neighbors, which is iconic soap here. So does that mean you sort of both relocate? How does that work?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're both coming to Melbourne to live. Yeah, we're moving into Ramsey Street. Yeah, it's going to be good, Paul, back off, It's going to be cute. It's going to be good to spend time, you know, with my family back home.
Speaker 1: But it's good that we both just have work.
Speaker 5: It's kind of the dream situation to both be having work on and it's so cool that she's on Neighbors.
Speaker 1: Did you used to watch it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I used to come home, used to play my instruments and then whack the telly on and get into a bit of Neighbors.
Speaker 1: So yeah, jee.
Speaker 6: Filip, we absolutely love everything that you're doing. We can't wait to see when you get here for spinoff on the nineteenth of July. Thank you so much for the chat and we'll see something.
Speaker 1: No stress.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited and thanks for the cheeky interview.
Speaker 1: Welcome. He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide?
Speaker 6: Is it news today?
Speaker 7: Breaking? News.
Speaker 1: What's the news today? Snooze News.
Speaker 4: That's where we break down all the big news stories over the past twelve to twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Abbi in the news room. Bit going on, a bit.
Speaker 8: Going on today, but the one that has peaked my interests. Mobile phone detection cameras have been rolled out across Adelaide, so they're coming online today, but they won't if you get snapped, you won't actually you'll be given a warning, but you won't actually get a fine until September. So around about six hundred dollars, six hundred and forty dollars and the loss of three demerit points. So the message here is stuff your phone. You're four times more likely to have a crash if you're on your phone. We all know how bad distracted driving is. Our death our road deaththole is up to forty already, so you know, middle of the year and we've already lost forty people, which is really sad. But they've been strategically positioned around sort of the hot spots that they're saying where people are more likely on their phones. So we've got one at South Road in Torrenceville, the Southern Expressway in Darlington, the North South Motorway and Regency Park, Port, Wakefield Road in jeps Cross and Port Road in heine Marsh, So be careful are out.
Speaker 6: It's a lot around master of Area. Yeah, that's I change music a lot. That's what's going to get me as long.
Speaker 9: As I think. You've got to have it up in your you know, hold to get a hold.
Speaker 1: Ye, I think a whole time.
Speaker 8: But also you should in your car. Like I change music and change podcasts a lot. But I can do that using my controls. I don't need to use my phone.
Speaker 1: Don't you have like Apple airplay through.
Speaker 6: Your car that's set up.
Speaker 9: You've got a six stacker underneath.
Speaker 6: The Oh, bro, I can't see he's everywhere.
Speaker 9: The spider's probably still there from the other the other year as well.
Speaker 4: I mean we let yesterday that you made a mixtape for your third cousin in primary school.
Speaker 1: So is that what you're playing in your car?
Speaker 6: And would you have ever? Still didn't manage to over.
Speaker 1: She's like, hey, bro, I'm your cousin.
Speaker 6: I just remember Dad telling me that's our mate. That's that's not what we do. You can't do that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Jo speaking of the roads.
Speaker 4: Justin Timberlake allegedly swerved to the wrong side twice, refused to take a breath test, and was glassy eyed, according to a police report which has emerged following his shock arrest for drunk driving. So he was taken into custody. He was in the ritzy Hampton's area of Long Island. He'd been out to dinner. He said, I, hey, hey, bro, I've had one martini and I've followed my friends home. So apparently his friends have pulled up as he is being arrested and been like, don't you know who he is?
Speaker 1: Like let him, let him go.
Speaker 4: So the police officer failed to rest recognize who JT was. Anyway, he spent the night in the cell, was handcuffed and everything, the mug shot and and it's all been caught on body cam. So how let's kit, let's count in three two one before someone leaks that vision of Justin Timerlake being arrested.
Speaker 9: Oh, there's his mugu bang, So a Fugget's not.
Speaker 4: A bad mug shot, it's a pretty hot moto.
Speaker 6: How would you describe the smug shot? Like, he's got beautiful.
Speaker 4: Eyes, He's got beautiful eyes, He's got gorgeous bone structure.
Speaker 1: He's a little bit Sultan peppery.
Speaker 4: But in terms of waking up the next morning and go, oh my god, what did I do? Oh but Jesus, I look up my mug shot.
Speaker 10: Do you know what? Though?
Speaker 6: You know what I'd say, just on that mac shot. It's very Sultan pepper in the bed, That's what I'm there. No salt at all at the top, no rinse much, justin wow, s a rints in there? Do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, well you're you're fast approaching that phase.
Speaker 6: So I'm not going to go through that phase.
Speaker 1: You're not going to rintse not at all.
Speaker 6: You can see all the salt in my hair right now, can't you. It was cute.
Speaker 1: Fine, you're fine because.
Speaker 6: Now people know they've got salt my hair, so I can't go for a bit of a rinse.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Some people did that and then all of a sudden stopped doing and all of a sudden they just completely gray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everyone's like, god, he's aged.
Speaker 6: What age? He's alwayslaugh at he's just always getting rinsed. You know, I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you don't have to be, thank you.
Speaker 6: Doesn't timulate what a loser. Just Tim Blake is so cool. This isn't cool, but but part besides from this very cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the last twenty four hours aside, he's very cool, okay, Porter Laike Zack butters.
Speaker 6: Zack butters off. Haggard's out for Pordelaie suporters, so he will play against the lines this week, got off his one game suspension for striking Tom Green and also a bit of a shout out. So there's a whole heap of Hall of Famer duct these last night you South Australian's, most notably Chris mc dermott. Yeah, congratulations to Bone.
Speaker 1: Anyone knows the origins of his nickname Bone, Yes, so I do.
Speaker 6: It's on his Wicked Beedty page. Actually sure it is because he had so many knocks to the nose that all the cartilage and everything was absolutely destroyed and his nose is basically bugging. Yeah right, yeah, so what's your thinking jokes, it's not it all right?
Speaker 1: How did you know what I was?
Speaker 6: He just could see that looking you do you know? That is your post at Snooze News. Jode's get that out of your mind and get the first question of the six fifteen Vendom Machine quiz in please, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to give me a few minutes.
Speaker 6: If you don't mind, can you just pass me the advertiser players a little bit bored. Let's see what's in the paper showering. Okay, here's a random headlune. Should I just jump straight into it?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 6: Okay? It reads stolen sex to he hits elderly woman on the head. Finally, finally we got there, after years and years, the article that absolutely united a nation.
Speaker 9: It is this from the advertiser or from the NT news.
Speaker 6: It's via the advertisement, but it's from the NT News.
Speaker 1: Read the tizer went. We'll have a bit of that.
Speaker 6: That's always happening in darln. I'm just going to read you some snippets. An elderly woman was sipping her coffee when she was struck in the head by a flying dildo. That's right, triggering a massive fracas between a gang of views and bystanders in a Northern Territory shopping center. You know what I like to say, nice it's rain and times shaped like a man's fallace. At about one point thirty on Tuesday, Oasis shopping village descended into chaos and four us on scooters zip through the shopping center and speed. What an unlikely weapon they use. Things turn ugly, However, when the troublesome group held a variety of items, including sex toys around the food court, an off duty support worker who did not want to be named, witnessed a moment an elderly woman was struck with and I quote, a fat dick to the head.
Speaker 1: Stress is enough.
Speaker 6: Thank you to the Northern Territory and to the advertiser from bringing us this wholesome content. And I quote again, they threw two large robberdildos. One of them bounced off the floor and no other smacked an elderly woman right in the head. And then the woman said, oh, I've just been hitting the head with a pennis and I don't know what happened to her because she disappeared. That is a direct quote.
Speaker 1: By the way penis disappeared.
Speaker 6: The penis disappeared, probably ran off. It's got two legs kind of witness and Melanie Uhus, who's forty seven, said the victim could have been badly hurt by the massive sex toys. She said it was probably about thirty centimeters long, and it was fat. It was really fat heavy. She also said it wasn't normal size that one.
Speaker 1: God, so she's got some experience.
Speaker 5: In the area.
Speaker 6: Really knuckling down on the absolute product, if you know, man. Several Good Samaritans caught the corpets on site, with barstanders restraining two of the troublemakers tried to squirm free. Multiple witnesses said a woman could be seen with a dildo on one hand while using the other to restrain a culprit. Watch a pleasure nine to five. You use it as a weapon behind closed doors, use it for pleasure.
Speaker 8: You guys gave me so much stick for when I came out and said, yep, I don't use part I don't partake in those.
Speaker 9: Why would I when they can be a bloody weapon I.
Speaker 4: Hit in the head with a because outside of nine to five, when they're not being used as a weaponar my.
Speaker 6: God, what had their apps? And that's when they get you to They target people who they know. They're like cats. I'll say this, like cats. They go after the people they know don't like them. So as it's just sitting down at the oasis, Billy having an what the.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's do this.
Speaker 4: This is the what the for the animal addition, because yesterday we heard from you you had a you had.
Speaker 1: A very scary spider encounter. Yeah, let you go. What the fork was that?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, it was a good couple of years ago. And in short four thirty in the morning, you're not quite there, are you. Like you're awake and you're doing things that you need to do. Yeah, but you're not with it still.
Speaker 4: Okay, this sounds terrible, but sometimes I'll drive to work and then you get to work and you're like, oh my god, where was that the last five minutes?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like you about that?
Speaker 1: No, you're just still a little bit vago, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You're very You're very vague, and it's hard to get sort of adjusted for about a good hour. So imagine me when it's about four thirty five o'clock in the morning and I'm driving along and then a big spider ab sails down from my rear view mirror it where I was on the mirror at the top of the blind and lands on my inner thing.
Speaker 1: You make it sound like a mission impossible, spider.
Speaker 6: And it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: It was the ultimate dere from his spider mates.
Speaker 1: I reckon, yeah right.
Speaker 6: It made me flinch so bad that I sixty k's an now knocked the transmission from drive to park.
Speaker 4: Yes, mid drive, Yeah, which you I think that would blow up your transmission with it.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's got a little setting the antel adjust for such situations. But yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 1: Oh it does.
Speaker 4: It's called the spider setting, the spider setting. It's called the four am spider setting. So if you knock it, then it's like, oh, we know what's happened to you.
Speaker 6: They're thinking everything these days, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they sure reading every situation. Let's do this this morning, thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: What the for?
Speaker 1: When did an animal make you go? Oh my god? What the fork? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So we got this message which is absolutely unbelievable. It's from anonymous and she said I was in Bali swimming with dolphins and they set up a situation where the dolphin would swim into my arms for a photo. So when the dolphin stopped, my hand was accidentally over its.
Speaker 6: Blowhole, like when you cover up their blowhole.
Speaker 4: No, well, animals and humans, So it bucked up and back. It bucked up and bashed me on the side of the face, sent me flying, and yes.
Speaker 6: Broke my jaw broken by dolphinh.
Speaker 1: Isn't that unbelievable? Lesson learned? Don't swim with wild animals and don't touch blowholes.
Speaker 4: Yes again, lessons at all again, Men's sister.
Speaker 6: Can I get a hell yeah, unbelievable. It's quite an unbelievable encounter with an animal.
Speaker 1: You've had a snake encounter as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had several snakeingcounters on the farm. That sticks out. Yeah, they all start from the age of thirty. Say no, I'm just kidding. That's ridiculous. One ill trod on the snake. All brown snakes too, By the way, I trad on.
Speaker 1: One, you trod on one, or you trod on one, tread trod.
Speaker 6: Don't you dare give me grammar lessons brought me? Because yeah, you went and brought a gun from the store, Yeah, to shoot it. So I've trodden on one. But then also I must have been like eight or nine years old, and there was a snake up near the wood heap and it was angry, right like super angry because it was on it It was like flared up. Yeah, right, like half of it was up, and it was carrying on saying things like this, anyway, my soccer ball. My soccer ball was right next to it, and for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: He could not be this stupid.
Speaker 6: I was like, I need to get the soccer ball, so I'm running towards the snake, and I think also the snake was saying this but was also into soccer right, So for whatever in my eight year old head, I'm like, I need to get the soccer ball or it's gone. And Dad's two hundred meters way and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, got away, run the other way.
Speaker 6: So he's watching your son running towards the snake, which was ready to strike, and I picked up the soccer ball, and the snake would have been i'd say ten to twenty centimeters away, like ready to launch, and I remember to turn around and sprinting off.
Speaker 1: Got away and it never bit you.
Speaker 6: Never bit me. You's just I was moving so quickly. It was just just off the distance. He's just gone.
Speaker 1: So it's gone. With the smartest child, were you.
Speaker 6: Forest saved the soccer ball, though, Thank.
Speaker 4: Goodness, I had a snake encounter on the Murray, so we were waterskiing and I was in the water and it was actually with a group of girls, and I turned around because I was like I'd come off as per usu and I looked into the boat and all the girls were.
Speaker 1: Like, get in the boat, Get in the boat.
Speaker 4: I swim a lot, and so I swam crawled like quickly, and they were all pulling me into the boat.
Speaker 1: And I looked behind me and there was a brown snake in.
Speaker 4: The water and it's same thing, was like really ready to strike. We're in the middle of nowhere, by the way, and my girlfriend was a nurse and I said, well, I would have been fine you were here. She goes, absolutely not, there is nothing I could have done.
Speaker 6: Ridiculous. Turns out as well that snake was actually Greggotty.
Speaker 1: And he attacked me.
Speaker 4: And then Banger was pregnant three times.
Speaker 6: Animal encounters and yeah, dogs used to go and collect sticks and bring them up to the back door.
Speaker 10: Day she had actually bought a snake up to that door and.
Speaker 6: It was dead because obviously she's threshed it around.
Speaker 3: But it took us.
Speaker 1: Hours to distinguish whether this was actually a snake or a stick. Right, it can be tricky, can be tricky, can be so tricky.
Speaker 6: Can be tricky. That's what happens.
Speaker 1: Same time, I couldn't distinguish between a snake and greg or.
Speaker 6: Is my future husband or is it a dead said King Brown.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to tell. Oh, you hadn't encountered with the red kangaroo. Tells what happened? I sure did.
Speaker 3: Is it was a long time ago with my baby daughter, my first child was in my arms.
Speaker 10: Look a little a.
Speaker 3: Trip out to the Grandpians and the beautiful surrounding kangaroos everywhere, and of course there's a sign there that don't feed the kangaroos.
Speaker 10: For me being due to.
Speaker 3: Thinking that why would I do that, I follow that instruction. Anyways, we have some bread. I thought it beat his kangaroo and gave a little bit of my baby daughter to feed the kangaroo.
Speaker 10: Als. Wait, everything was great until I ran and ran.
Speaker 3: And suddenly this bret whopping where they got in't boxing kangaroo for a reason, I'm sure, And he just reared up and from my confine, was about to kick me. So I threw my daughter down, unfortunately, and he kicked me in the gup. He really, really kicked me. He didn't do any that, you know, I didn't do any damage. Why, God, I learned a lesson.
Speaker 6: So just in situations like this, you've you've did sack got a license to to kao kangaroo? How did did you? Did you get any in.
Speaker 3: The arsided?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: But I wanted to. I was not wondered my baby daughter. Really, this guy gave me a how of a wallet on his he and they read up on them on their fails, and I was sorry happening, but I didn't think what was going to happen next and then boom near knock me out. Of course I was in just in picking up my daughter and running away. Honestly, No, that's amazing. That was my encounter.
Speaker 7: Kangaroo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did it chase after you? Justin? Did it chase after you when you picked up your daughter and ran?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 10: No, nothing like that.
Speaker 3: Kicking just lovely as No.
Speaker 1: Here's a here's a stat for you.
Speaker 4: Remember with the lotto where there was like one hundred and fifty million a couple of weeks ago and someone wanted there were more chances of being killed by a kangaroo than winning the lotto.
Speaker 6: Really, there you go.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I did not know that. Well, I told you that at the time, but you obviously went listening.
Speaker 6: I certainly wasn't. I don't remember. I wasn't listening.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Shane. What happened.
Speaker 10: I was written by a boy I thought was a meskidio and I wake up the next morning and I had a huge lump on my stomach.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: It went to the doctor. Doctor thought, no, you need to go get that check. Went to the hospital. I said, you've been bridten by a white chip.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 10: Well, twelve twelve to twenty four months later, I've had eighteen operations. Oh my god, I have a scar that's about twenty five centimeters long. It went eighteen centimeters deep. You could put two fists in it.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: So Shane, can you explain what did the doctors say to you? What's with the venom? What happens is it just there is.
Speaker 10: No anti venom for a white chipped spider. And what it does is it eats your skin. It just eats away. So every day for nearly eighteen months, I was having packing in by like one of the days when he was packing there, he was pouring saline into the stomach hole and you know on a coke bottle. He's got the plastic little extra on a coke bottle. Well, that fell off into the whole. He dug her fingers in and it was right up to the edge of the under her finger I got. I got banned on Facebook because they thought it was factual content.
Speaker 6: It's spider it's not.
Speaker 1: Oh Shane, what are you right now?
Speaker 10: I still take antibiotics and antibiotics for a very strong I have catch scans every six months to see if the poison stack has lapped my body. Of the little white knots everywhere.
Speaker 1: Spy bite.
Speaker 10: Everyone at my sports club they all call me spider Man.
Speaker 6: There's one bus from the situation.
Speaker 1: Eighteen months of hell. It's a cool nickname, Oh Shane, thank you so much of hell.
Speaker 6: For shame, it's showing to keep that whole covered. It's it's been on festival.
Speaker 1: We'll be right, yeah, at least keep the photos off Facebook.
Speaker 6: There we Goeflip. We're going to speak to j Flip very very soon. Yes, I can't wait for that. That's really nice. Thank you to everybody who's called up with their weird animal encounters.
Speaker 4: What I would like for you to do right now is put your two hands together in front of your heart chakra in the prayer position, please, okay, because we need to talk about spiritual guidance. Okay?
Speaker 6: Am I doing this as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yes, put your hands up here. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Okay. I would like to formally introduce you to my new spiritual leader from Instagram. Her name is Peaceful Barb, and I've discovered Peaceful Barb. Thank you, Abby?
Speaker 6: What is going on here?
Speaker 4: I wake up to her every single morning and her messages of love and support.
Speaker 1: She I would say, she's a grandma.
Speaker 9: Is that why you've been less bitchy lately?
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: I just try not to look at you in the morning, and it angers me less.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we speak like half an hour after you get in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. But for everyone so, Peaceful Barb is grandma. She's from the States.
Speaker 4: She holds up little signs of messages of love and support, and she also delivers them sometimes while she's cooking things like peach pie Thank you. She has this beautiful, serene smile on her, which I mean, I think is lovely. Producer M thinks it makes her look slightly unhinged, but that's Okay, so she holds up these placards that say things like this, There will be people that would rather lose you than be honest with you about what they've done to you.
Speaker 1: Let them go.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you, really really good stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you want an audio example?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 9: Please.
Speaker 1: Peaceful Bob's messages.
Speaker 11: P'spect your own boundaries by choosing not to overshare with people who don't have your best interests her. Trust yourself to know when you need to set a boundary.
Speaker 1: Remember, boundaries are an act of self care.
Speaker 6: Thanks Bob.
Speaker 9: Boundaries are an act of self care.
Speaker 1: Isn't that revolutionary?
Speaker 9: I'm not going to share that information with you. That's my boundary.
Speaker 1: Here's another one for you. Never forget that walking away from something unhealthy is actually very brave.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, sorry, but I can't walk away from donuts today.
Speaker 6: That would be that would be stupid out. It wouldn't be bravery.
Speaker 1: It is also a good one.
Speaker 4: Being overly independent is a defense mechanism from being constantly let down. Oh God, Barb, God, Barb, you're incredible.
Speaker 9: I feel attacked.
Speaker 1: But before before I leave you, some peaceful Barb words of wisdom. Do you have anyone that you look.
Speaker 8: Up to Oh look, I would say, Okay, So there's a woman called stro Tashtro astro Tash, and she's usually on Sunrise All the morning show on Monday, and she does she puts up every week, she puts up your star sign and what your star horoscope is going to be for the week, and she gives you your power day as well, your power Day yep, and then she tells you.
Speaker 9: Like you know, Venus is in Mars or like Mars is in Uranus this week, and this is what's gonna come and happen.
Speaker 6: And usually didn't be there, by the way.
Speaker 9: Usually she is pretty spot on, all right, so I do look to her.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Hazy. Do you have anyone on the intermonette that you look too for spiritual song?
Speaker 6: And I was like, I don't really follow anyone. There's no one that I really followed. I really sit there and like, well, what's he got to say? Except for like Lebron James. I'm just not sure that astro Tash and Bob and Peaceful Barb and Lebron drames are all in the same sort of category.
Speaker 1: I'm going to leave you with Peaceful Barb final message. Okay, and I just want you to know this about yourself, you and everyone listening as you go about today.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 11: I woke up this morning feeling proud of myself, so I wanted to tell all of you I'm really proud of you because the truth is, if most of the people in your life really knew your story, they would probably wonder how you're still.
Speaker 1: Able to smile.
Speaker 11: So if no one tells you this today, I am really proud of you, and I want you to be proud of yourself too.
Speaker 6: You are amazing. Oh thanks Bob, Oh, thanks Bob.
Speaker 1: So beautiful message from Barb and also one more message for you. Lebron is proud of you too. Lebron is so proud of you.
Speaker 6: James, we got here.
Speaker 1: We've arrived.
Speaker 4: Okay, what a journey this has been so Dody and Hazy's Most Awesome Donut. We've had thousands of nominations all over the last week and we whistled it down to a magnificent five final nominees. Donut World, Adelaide, England, Brown's Barossa Donuts in Tonunda, Landown's, Lando's, Brighton c Jake's Bakery in Christie's Beach Bradley's Bakery in Christie's Downs.
Speaker 6: So congratulates, well done to the top five.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we opened up the voting on our over nine one nine Facebook page on Monday. We received almost five thousand votes, save thousand votes until we closed it last night. And now we are in the esteem position of being able to announce the winner of Jody and Hazy's Most Awesome Donut.
Speaker 6: All right, would you like a drum roll, just a little drum roll.
Speaker 1: It's Brown's Borossa Donuts in Tonander. Congratulations we had to day from Brown's Barossa. Well done, Dave, you must be thrilled.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is great, Thank you?
Speaker 2: How good?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: You guys have really just spoken to the stomachs of all South Australians, haven't you really? This has just gone bananas. They can't walk down the street without people, you know, saying, are you going to get the best donuts in the South Australia. I was like, oh my gosh, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you about your journey?
Speaker 4: This all started so you moved into a rental in Melbourne and you found a random deep fryer and then just one Sunday, afternoon, You're like, I'm going to learn how to make donuts.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, yeah, I mean, and it's not just any old fror. This was a huge try. It was so random, and we found out that the people that owned the place used to make stuff for markets, some pastries and stuff. So I was like, why don't we tried to do donuts, and because I couldn't find anything that I particularly was in love with, and I was like, I'm going to do this, and then yeah, you're right. On a Sunday morning, I was like, I'm going to do it, and I did it, and yeah, five years later, here we are.
Speaker 4: So you moved to the Barossa, you opened up this business. Has it gone gangbusters?
Speaker 8: Dave?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh. People have embraced us, and you know, it is just really been something that's been passionate for us personally, but we really found that other people are just as passionate about donuts as well, and good quality stuff as well. I think the reason why we're so popular is because we make everything from scratch, we use traditional methods, and we try really hard to embrace the local produce as well in our products. So yeah, yeah, yeah, people love it. As much as we do, and we're just so happy.
Speaker 6: Dave, you received one nine hundred votes, so that's us quite ridiculous crazy. It's ridiculous, man. So jeez, you're forming an absolute institution for all these absolute people who will go to the ends of the world to sample some of your donuts. Your favorite donut? What is your specialty?
Speaker 7: Well, it's the one that started at all. It's a simple vanilla being custed donut. And the reason why is because we make the custard from scratch and it's rare that you can find that these days, where custard is made from scratch with real you know, real eggs, fresh cream and real milk and real vanilla bean. So it is one that I when I was a kid, there was this bakery that used to do this, and that's what kind of in my mind I wanted to recreate and we did. And yeah, it's just my absolute favorite and it's the one that started at all, Dave.
Speaker 1: I presume at this point they're all no fat, low car blow sugar and can.
Speaker 7: You can indulge in these, you know, once the day, seven days a week and you'll be fine. You just got to cut out everything else.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to.
Speaker 4: Come and visit you today between eleven and twelve, So, folks, if you want to come and try some of these amazing donuts.
Speaker 1: You're doing a little special this morning out you dave.
Speaker 7: Ah, Yes we are. We are giving in honor to you and the magnificent competition that you've bestowed upon us. We're giving away ninety one point nine donuts today between eleven and twelve o'clock. Now you may ask, how are we going to get the point nine? One of you might have to take a bite out of one of the donuts, and sometimes some unlucky soul I was going to get that one. But yes, ninety one point nine donuts for free between eleven and twelve, and you'll have to be first in best breads, of course, and come and say you guys as well. That's going to be really good to have you guys up here. And what a weird avenue for you both, Yes, to get to get up here to try and get some wine. I thought that maybe that would be the avenue that you've It's a long shot, but his idea, he said, let's.
Speaker 4: Get raise some donuts so then we can go via you know, a couple of wine or said Field, et cetera.
Speaker 6: I mean, here's a question for you, Dave. What's what wine pair is the most beautiful with your donuts?
Speaker 7: Depends on really, like I say, that's a serious question, depends on which one we actually with paired with wineries and done some donuts with Dune, some donuts with Charaz Gin, the local distillery up here. We've done a Gin donut which went off its head by the way, people love it. So look, we when we create stuff, there is nothing that's left on the off the table. We we just bring everything on. Were like, what can we do and we get really creative. So hey, look anything you compare our donuts with anything.
Speaker 1: That's why you're getting a lift with Producer And today you're gonna have ninety gins. Well we're going to come out and see you.
Speaker 4: We've got a Joni and Hazy winner of Adelade's Most Awesome Donut Plark for you, Dave. Can't wait to meet you and your beautiful wife Rachel. And yeah, congratulations what and on are well done?
Speaker 3: And thank you?
Speaker 7: Can I just say a shout out to all the other donut makers in Australia. They do a fantastic job, all of them, and they are just as deserving as we are of this and the recognition that they get. They I know how hard it is. I didn't know how hard it was so to be a to be a baker, and it is damn hard to get up really early and do what we do. So we shout out to all the guys and girls and people that are doing donuts in South Australia and please support them.
Speaker 1: Well said, day, awesome, well done, good job, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Brown's Borossa Donuts into Nanda. We will be there from eleven o'clock this morning, ninety one point nine free donutsw I'm down Salo and sample what's been voted as the best donut and that a r.
Speaker 1: Amongst it this morning, you guys in and around the Barossa comes he is. That's good, hazy.
Speaker 4: A bit of a commotion in the audi household last night so much so, I kid you not, it's become a news report.
Speaker 6: Oh my God, made the news.
Speaker 1: The addies have made the news.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to put on my best news voice and deliver the report at what happened in the early hours of my home last night. Ready The police were called to a home in Adelaide's Decent suburbs at around two thirty am last night after a heated commotion in the front yard of a house near the Avenue shopping center.
Speaker 1: A woman in her early thirties was seen.
Speaker 4: Sprinting around chasing a dog, screaming obscenities in the early hours after ten years first discovered she'd let her toy kervoodle out the front door to urinate before promptly remembering she had freshly laid.
Speaker 1: Concrete at the front of her home in a.
Speaker 4: In a desperate attempt to stop the perpetrator from leaving paw prints in said fresh concrete. Witnesses say she started tackling the dog, yelling FFS SID. She's described as five foot six, blond, but in need of a root touch up, wearing Peter Alexander pajamas, and was arrested after she returned to the house and discovered the toy kavoodle had already defecated on the carpet inside, the woman promptly becoming unhinged.
Speaker 1: The whereabouts of the toy kavoodle is unknown.
Speaker 6: What's the follow up Police are pleading for witnesses subscrime will remain unsolved. There's any sort of genuine le.
Speaker 4: One until the woman is released from the RAH, deemed suitable enough to integrate herself into the community once again, we
Speaker 6: Can stop her from yelling at fFN