Speaker 1: Dan Houston.
Speaker 2: Thanks to the Excelsior Hotel. It's always felt like home with meals from just twelve dollars. Got to love the Excelsior Hotel. It is the two time All Australian Dan Houston, Dan, good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Will, Good morning Dave. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: Dan. Hey, look before we get in all the other stuff, obviously the big story overnight as well. Just said your second, your second nomination to the All Australian Team.
Speaker 1: It's a huge accolade.
Speaker 4: Mate, Well done, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was an absolute honest to achieve that award again. And you know, sitting in that room again with all those all those names, you pish yourself and yeah, it's an absolute honest to represent the club and make that team again this year.
Speaker 4: Was Jason Horn Francis Stiff we Reckon.
Speaker 3: He was, Yeah, I think you look around in the room and you go, there's so many elite midfielders in that room, and even the bench that was named last night was elite. And I said to one of the boys, I wouldn't mind rotating off for one of them. But Jas had an amazing year and I reckon. He'll have plenty of AA squads and AA teams ahead of him, and there's always if each year, And yeah, I think he was one of them.
Speaker 1: So I got to asked two saturdays ago.
Speaker 4: I was watching the game at home with my wife and when the rank and hit happened, our heads exploded and I said, who did that? And she said it was Houston? And I went, Dan Houston, Dan Houston did that. We've got to know you through the show, and we know that you're a good blake. But when that happened, mate, how do you feel about it in hindsight? Because clearly you were really cut up about it at the time. Can you take us into the events of the past couple of weeks and give us a bit of an insight into how you approach talking to Isaac about it as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you know it's in a showdown. The emotions are un high at the final game, and yeah, I guess you know that's fit second of the moment. You know I made a wrong decision and yeah it was, but tried markedly best to play out the game as best as possible, knowing you know, there's a bit of uncertainty and yeah, after game, obviously was very remorse towards a bit out of my characteristic to do that, and I reached out to Isaac and I guess it's one of those things that happened to his life and you've got to move on. But yeah, for me, my focus now is fully going forward and it's one of those things that happens, and yeah, I've just got to try my best to move forward.
Speaker 1: What was it like when you spoke to him.
Speaker 4: Was it was because I think the thing is football is often see these things differently and know that stuff happens in the course of play.
Speaker 1: Was he accepting.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you guys could sort of, you know, sit down and have a coffee or a beer without building each other.
Speaker 3: Oh, look, there's no there's absolutely no hard feelings towards Isaac or any of the Adelaide boys, And it's one of those things that happened. I reached out to him on text and yeah, I guess at the end of the day, I'd love to shaking hand and apologize and hope.
Speaker 1: I hope he's all right. But you're not. You're not still waiting from the right back. You're you're not still waiting from the right back to your text. Are you potentially okay?
Speaker 3: But yeah, those things happen in footy, and yeah it's part of the game, and you know those things happen.
Speaker 2: You spent you said your focus is now very much on the future. Where is your future?
Speaker 1: Is it the Port Adelaie Football Club? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I think you know I've said in the past that I'm contracted and I absolutely love the footy club. I love being in Adelaide, and yeah, I've got my focus in particular in the next five weeks and helping this team push the finals and get them in the best possible condition and you know, do whatever I need to do around the club to help with that.
Speaker 1: So you're not leaving next year.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not leaving next year. He couldn't know me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've done a few of these before, Dan, and it gets this time of year and you know, we start getting plumped about it.
Speaker 1: So you're really saying you're going to stay there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I contract there. I wouldn't I wouldn't have signed the contract if I wasn't keen on Adelaide or keen on Port Adelaide. And you know, I love the place. I love the footy club, and the footy club's been good to me, So yeah, I committed to Port Adelaide.
Speaker 4: Did the circumstances of the last couple of weeks change anything in that sense? Like did you feel because the club flew the flag for you after what you did to rank? And has that made you feel even more almost obliged to I.
Speaker 3: Think it just rare firm the feelings that you have the Port Adelaide. They've they've always got my back. They've always been really supportive of me and they did everything that they could to try and help me during that period, whether it was you know, appealing or whether it was just even at the club getting around me. The boys there magnificent and yeah, I can't complain at all.
Speaker 1: Well, it's sound like a story there, Dan. We thought the five double a breakfast show curse was about to work.
Speaker 4: Its magic again, but it sounds like you're staying So yeah, all right, good, Hey, thanks for fronting up too, Dan, because you know, before we let you go of you, I know you've been in Melbourne a couple of times, you went there with your family and this week obviously for the All Australian. Has it changed your interactions with the public, if you had anyone getting you know, under your grill when you're down the local supermarket or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, not really. I think you know, there's a lot of I've had a few Adelaide supporters come up to me and just you know, not not not say anything bad, but just you know, so I was unlucky and wishing me the best, which has been really supportive. And then I've had poor supporters who have always had my back and you know, I'm very grateful for that and I'm glad that people understand, you know, my situation has been out of character and you know that they're supportive and make me feel comfortable.
Speaker 4: Dan Houston Port Adelaide Football Club sounds like for twenty twenty five as well. Good on you mate, Thanks for talking to us this morning.
Speaker 2: Well thanks to the great people at the Excelsior Hotel which is always for like home meals from just twelve dollars. Got to love the Excelsior Hotel. Now feedback, Friday's coming up and a mon Wee going one hundred o a Semts seafood vouch you to give away. Get calling now good news. Everybody wins. Someone gets the fish. The other two people get Wallace Family Cinema passes eight double two three, double O double five the number.
Speaker 1: So two stories out of that one to recap.
Speaker 4: Dan Houston says he's not going anywhere, and either there's something wrong with Isaac Greenkin's phone or.
Speaker 1: He still thinks that Dan newshoul can go and get stuffed.
Speaker 2: David Penberthy and Will Goodings six to line five double A Breakfast