Speaker 1: Are you Are you going to eat all of that's called minute food? So yeah, and then I gave it to you because I felt bad for.
Speaker 2: You, I know, and I did say you're eating for two umb one child. That's that is not what happened.
Speaker 1: Where's your Head At? Is a podcast that talks full thing right, Hold on a sec, Let's give this a refresh. Hi, I'm Anna.
Speaker 2: And I'm Matt, and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly times.
Speaker 1: And exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 2: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 1: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 2: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 1: So, Matt, where's your head at?
Speaker 2: It's good morning, Anna. How are you feeling today?
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good. How are you, Matt?
Speaker 2: Good? How'd you go when your alarm went off this morning? You know what?
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good at the moment. It's cream eggs season. I don't know if you're a fan of cream eggs, but I am just it's one of my favorite times of year. Easter number one. I'm born in April, so I'm an Easter bunny baby. And also I love cream eggs in there.
Speaker 2: Cream eggs are all right, I was always a king. To surprise. Really, I've got an unpopular opinion for you. Black Forest is the best block of chocolate.
Speaker 1: Black Forest. What is that? Like biscuit?
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's chocolate and it has jelly through it and like crispy ones through it. It's unreal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do like that. Actually, I don't know. I don't know what I would classify as the best chocolate. But I think that is a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a really good one. Not many people like it. I'm strong on it. But alarm. Talking about alarm, last night, I was watching a movie and I was sitting there and I couldn't keep my eyes open. For love of me, I was just like like like closing my eyes really falling asleep. Then the phone on the movie rang and it was my alarm, so like, you know, my alarms tone the ring tone, and I literally, you know, I actually felt my head like whatever it was inside my brain like switched back on and I woke up, so it must have released whatever. Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 3: What's the well?
Speaker 1: It was like you were watching the movie and you weren't like really there and you were asleep.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I wasn't asleep. I was just trying to hit my eyes over it. Like I was watching the movie, but I was like really tired.
Speaker 1: So your alarm tone went off in the movie.
Speaker 2: In the movie, and it woke me up and I could just like and I was like sitting back again, and I was like watching it like normal, Like that's creepy.
Speaker 1: I wonder why. I think it's this psychology behind me.
Speaker 2: I'm about to tell you, so I reckon it's the Pavlov's theory, the dog theory, where he would have a dog and he'd put its food down and ring the bell. So the dog associated like the bell tone with food, so then every time he ring the bell, the dog's mouth was salubate and like get ready to eat food.
Speaker 1: So you are the dog in this analogy.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm saying that my brain, yeah, is the dog is conditioned to hear that alarm and to wake up.
Speaker 1: So are you a one alarm type of guy?
Speaker 2: Depends on the dayes, that.
Speaker 1: Really is what that feels like. Because my brain, here's an alarm and I think back to sleep.
Speaker 2: No, no, I wake up and I'll put it on snooze in that, but I'm awake. I'm like from a deep sleep working up. So I that's what I did. The alarm went off and a trigger my brain to wake up. Interesting, I thought, that's a fun fact for everyone.
Speaker 1: That is a really fun fact. I have a fun fact for you, like just shooting it back right at you. This is the last month of Daylight Savings, which is really sad because I love daylight saving.
Speaker 2: You know. The only thing that I like about that is, yeah that now when I catch a flight from Melbourne to the Gold Coast, same time, same yeah, same time right now, it's Melbourne's and it's like three hours by the time I lean in Melbourne. So if I leave like a six am flight, by the time I come to Melbourne it's like nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I came to the Gold Coast to record it came back an hour. It was annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then when you came here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I once did Daylight Savings. I went Adelaide to Brisbane and Brisbane to Melbourne one day, so I was in three different time zones. I did not know what time it was by got time I got to Melbourne. I had no idea, so that's the I don't and I understand. Here in Melbourne, it's amazing. You go outside at the end of the day, it's a nice night. Watched the sun set at nine o'clock. But back at home in the Gold Coast it sets at like six point thirty. Yeah, it's not really an issue.
Speaker 1: So you never really get daylight savings on the Gold Coast, is that right?
Speaker 2: I think it stays brighter like an hour or half an hour longer, but no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes so you don't switch time zones.
Speaker 2: No, we stayed the same the whole time. It's some theory that the farmers want it was better for the farmers because obviously the sun rises at like quarter past five, so they're up earlier and maybe this is the reason the farmers, and it's safer for the truck drivers on the road.
Speaker 1: Okay, why is that.
Speaker 2: Sunrise is earlier? Thanks Black, I don't know. Like I said, I like savings. Yeah, back at home, it's not really affect But I understand being in Melbournian that it's a huge thing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a huge thing. Like when it gets dark at six o'clock, it's not it. It's awful, is it six o'clock?
Speaker 3: Yeah, six o'clock in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: It's colder as well. It's cold, it's dark.
Speaker 1: It's yucky.
Speaker 2: People get up so early on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: Like it's a good quality of life.
Speaker 2: I saw a TikTok. People's days done before they even get to their desk at night. They've gotten like everything in the morning from like five am.
Speaker 1: I remember your job. I was talking because we were recording a podcast there. I was talking to one of the girls in the office and she was like, yeah, I've already been to the beach. I've done this, and then I rode my bike to work.
Speaker 3: I did this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, David, it's only nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Literally, they do. They have a full day up there before the sun even crazy, and it is a lot easier to wake up up there as well. I feel that. Yeah, when I stay here.
Speaker 1: Well, if the sums up and you're ready to seize the day, not, why wouldn't you jump out of bed as opposed to if it's freezing cold and your rug dart and the heat is on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm drinking a seusa from the tap.
Speaker 1: I know you are just where we record. There's a br tap and it wasn't working.
Speaker 2: It was like spitting out the bier. And then the cleaner was there and she was like, I'll go change the cake.
Speaker 1: Normally we do a morning record, but today we're drinking an afternoon record, and it's just interesting to see what Matt gets up to it twolo in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: Three. Also, I was going to go past the movies on the way home and go watch a movie. You did mention that to get out of here on time.
Speaker 1: And you're going with all your friends just myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's no one I know wants to watch this. My wife doesn't, my sisters don't. It is called Peter pan never Land Nightmare.
Speaker 1: Sounds a bit dark.
Speaker 2: It is going to be dark. It's horrors.
Speaker 1: So you're just going to sit there by yourself in the movie theater, probably your popcorn, and it would probably be it'll be jumping and.
Speaker 2: The popcorn will go jump scares. But I'll probably one in the cinema as well.
Speaker 1: Have you ever watched a horror movie in jumped?
Speaker 2: Insidious?
Speaker 1: Insidious?
Speaker 3: Yeah that got you.
Speaker 2: That got me. She's describing what she can see because you can't see it. And then it goes to her point of view and you see this rad devil in the corner of the room. I was like, Oh, that got me. That was the only one that got me.
Speaker 1: I do think we need to go to a horr movie together, just so you can see how jumpy I am.
Speaker 2: Come.
Speaker 1: I actually block my ears so the music can't like scare me. I'll block my ears and then I'll close my eyes and then I hope for it the jump to be over. But if I don't do that, it's the best bit of the whole fully scream through the building.
Speaker 3: It's terrifying.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite of the movie. What time is closest to midnight? Eleven fifty pm twelve oh six am eleven fifty pm or twelve oh three.
Speaker 1: Am twelve oh three am.
Speaker 2: Closest to midnight? Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 1: There was a lot in there, so I just twelve o three.
Speaker 2: No, closest to midnight would be eleven fifty five PM because it's not past midnight.
Speaker 1: Because you didn't say it couldn't go either way.
Speaker 2: No, that's your opinion. What's closest to midnight?
Speaker 1: But then you gave it there's there is no answer to your opinion, So why did you say lest I think it's eleven? Okay, you can't say like it's the right answer, but.
Speaker 2: It's my answer, so it's wrong.
Speaker 3: I think my answer is right.
Speaker 1: Twelve o three is the closest to midnight past midnight, give but only three minutes past. It was five minutes before.
Speaker 2: When you say something, it's the closest without going over you.
Speaker 1: Didn't say before. So I'm going to say that I'm right. But let's go to our Facebook page. Is Matt right at eleven fifty five pm? Or am I right at twelve o three? I'm excited to see I reckon I'm right? Well, Matt. It's interesting that we're having that little debate because on today's episode, we are reopening the couple's debate episode. We've done one of these before and it was a hit. You guys absolutely loved it, so we are bringing it back, and this could get brought back many times. But today I'm going to start with my couple's debate. Can your partner go to.
Speaker 2: Vegas without you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I having to Vegas and I don't want in Vegas without me.
Speaker 1: So you would say no, I would say, hell, non Vegas is a cruel, punishing place. I've never been to Vegas, but I can just imagine that it's wild. And I also think, just from a mental perspective, the fact that you're in Vegas makes you feel like you need to get crazy and fucked up and do something wild to like come only in Vegas one, or like what happens to Vegas stays in Vegas? Like not that obviously I or you would do anything wrong. But I'm just saying, I just think and my Michael or Tammy.
Speaker 2: Does Michael want to go to Vegas?
Speaker 1: No? But this is just my If your partner was to pitch to you, like.
Speaker 2: Hey, I a boys trip to Vegas or a girl's trip to have a.
Speaker 1: Hen's party in Vegas. What's the answer?
Speaker 2: So when do we fly out? I'm coming good answer? When do we go home? Mine is this is actually a really good one because somebody the other day pulled me on this and I was I can't remember who it was, and I was really stumped with their answer. Tomato sauce in the cupboard or the fridge. Fridge? Yeah, I agree, fridge, But do.
Speaker 1: You know why we both say fridge? Because we're from the UK, and people from the UK put everything in the fridge. True, do you put everything in the bridge? So do I eridge except for chocolate. That's a weird one. I put chocolate in the fridge. You really, Yeah, No, I don't put chocolate because I like it when it's cold, not mushy.
Speaker 2: I do like that. But I just took Chocolate's nice just at the eating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I put all of our sauces in the fridge. Michael's like, you know, but that we don't have to have this in the fridge, and I was like, no, I.
Speaker 3: Put it sources and I'm from the UK.
Speaker 1: Sources in the fridge. Okay. Sharing food at a restaurant or having your own.
Speaker 2: Meal, it depends on the cuisine and it really depends. Like Tamian, I sometimes go to the restaurant and she's not as hungry and we'll just get like something like a steak to share or something, and she'll end up like having because they cut it up like two slices, and I'll have the whole thing. The whole thing here was that and she was full ass and we ordered like oh, it was like nearly it was like a six hundred gram steak and I end up eating it all bing that's probably it was like eighty bus and let it go to waste.
Speaker 1: See, Okay, I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I'm all about sharing, Like, doesn't matter what cuisine it is, whether it's pizza, pasta, you know, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, whatever it is. I'm so down to share.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you ever? Does Michael ever finish his meal? Sometimes and yours always? Always? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We when we were at home and we have our own plates, he was just like he'll eat it so quick, like he's in an eating competition. And then he would just stare at my food and I'm like, do you want something? You do it to me too, though, Matt, you're actually the worst.
Speaker 2: I do make it quite obviously.
Speaker 1: We went to teach have Fridays and your mom was there and like, you finish your was so quick and you had way more than me. And I literally had this like little plate of narch. It was not cont I'm trying to feed a baby. This is so and you you can eat all of that. I was called minute food, so yeah, and then I gave it because I felt bad for you.
Speaker 2: I know, and I did say you're eating for two of.
Speaker 1: My unborn child.
Speaker 2: That is not what happened. But thank you for the rest of your narch. I love. That's my favorite.
Speaker 1: They are good. I was having a nauseous day and it was really going down.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, this is a good one. Sharing towers I was really used to be in like previous relationship. No, Like I had my towel and I'd hang it up in my spot over my wardrobe, and then they would hang theirs up. But Tammy and I just both have white towers and we hang them on the hook. So we share towers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but what do you mean are you I'm thinking I think we're thinking of different things shower towers, but you're sharing one towel.
Speaker 2: No, there's two towers there, so we'll just take whatever one's Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 1: It was the same with me. Yeah, yeah, I has everyone, but you're not sharing the one towel.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if one's a bit too wet and like it's off to go get washed and no one's grabbed another one, we'll share the same towel. Sometimes it's only for like a night or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I wouldn't want to Number one, I wouldn't want to share someone's towel because then I'm going to get a damp towel and I like a really bone dry towel. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, when you get out the shower, you just feel which one's dryer. But sometimes like someone hasn't grabbed one up, it's like a clean one, you know what I mean. When I grab them, I grab three, always three for the room. So there's a spare one. Oh okay, yeah free.
Speaker 1: So well and then you guys just rotate towels what ones are dry? Yeah, we kind of do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's pretty stand But in previous relationships, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you're clean, it's not like you're doing it dirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. In previously I had my own towel.
Speaker 1: And it was like my it says like Matthew Zukowski on it, like labeled it, like it'd be like a blue version.
Speaker 2: And she'd have like a pink one and like yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't know, Yeah, okay, I get it. Yeah, I think I'm on the rotating towel thing, like I'm not going to have my own. I mean, the bathroom has a colored towel, like we have green towels or white towels.
Speaker 2: There's no the green ones from my care.
Speaker 1: I don't think that might be. I think they might be. Okay, next one to give a push present or not to give a push present?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm assuming you're for a push present.
Speaker 1: I let me what you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: I think a push presents very nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, what would you get as what would you get someone.
Speaker 2: As a push present? Louis for tom back well trained, or a tennis bracelet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's going to out.
Speaker 2: Are you getting a push present?
Speaker 1: I hope I'm getting a push present? And if Michael's listening to this, yes, I am getting ah, but I don't know what it's going to be. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'll see. I've said I've thrown around some ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all great ideas. It's almost like I told you to say that, but I actually didn't. I swear I did it.
Speaker 2: This is a good one. Actually re wearing socks and you'll be pretty shine.
Speaker 1: I do mister cleanliness, mister give me ship, not retail the toilet seed.
Speaker 2: We I wear rewear socks because I don't sweat.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do. Everyone sweat. Not like I don't that you're getting botox on your feet.
Speaker 2: No, I just think I can judge.
Speaker 1: Do you give it the sniff test?
Speaker 2: Yeah, every man gives their close the stiff test. I give my jock sometimes stiff tests to check.
Speaker 1: Do you wear It's like the one pair of jokes.
Speaker 2: No, I wash. I will go for like three a day.
Speaker 3: But like, see that's a stream.
Speaker 2: When I have three shower, I have a shower before when I wake up, I'll her shower when I get home, I'll her shower after gym. I might roase myself if are you doing.
Speaker 1: Your own washing? Because I feel like someone who's doing their own washing is not is not.
Speaker 2: I seriously have that many.
Speaker 1: Jocks, So that means you're going through twenty one pairs of underwear a day.
Speaker 3: Possibly, yeah, i'man a week.
Speaker 1: Possibly twenty one pairs of underwear in a week. Possibly not pairs because it's not a pair twenty one underwears in a week's Possibly, yes, How do you have that many Calvin clients?
Speaker 2: I told you buy them wh they're on sale. You going to watch the ck sales? Say, pretty good.
Speaker 1: We'll let me know the next time they're on sale because I might buy Michael will.
Speaker 2: Normally I'm so I can only get their emails because I went to unsubscribed and then I was like, now you probably keep this. I've got one sleeping while the other one is driving on a road trip. Well, I mean you're a passenger princess, so you would always be sleeping.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I do. It's such a hard one.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't mind if someone sleep so I'm driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I mind either if I'm driving.
Speaker 2: Mind if do you mind if Michael sleeps while is driving?
Speaker 1: While he's driving? What's wrong with you? Why are you look like you're trying to do like dad jokes or something. Then you do this like funny face, like it's a joke.
Speaker 2: God, this cels has gone straight to my head.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it is a c I was like, what's this change of mood?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I think it's I think if someone is asleep and you're driving, I'm okay with it. As long as I can listen to a podcast or put the radio on, I'm fine with it. But I do kind of feel bad like Michael and I went to Cape Shake and honestly, in that drive. It was an hour and a half drive and I was so exhausted and I really wanted to go for a nap, but I was like, oh, I feel bad, like we're going on a little stay ca together. I don't want him to just be driving in his lonesome on his lonesome like.
Speaker 2: Look as a d and having always having passenger princess. So I don't mind if she sleeps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Snoring Anna, Do you think it does Michael snare?
Speaker 1: No, but apparently I do when I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: If I've been drinking, What do you say to Michael if you're snoring?
Speaker 1: What do I say to him? Like?
Speaker 2: Do you say, wake me up?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just dead to the world.
Speaker 2: Yea, in very Apparently I snore as well and move my head. I don't believe it for a second, but apparently I do. And she'll move my head till I do it. And I've caught her storing cups and I'll move her head the same thing.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, move the head like?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you move the head like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There's also this thing and it's like a plastic thing that you put into the nose and apparently it opens up that it was like a ten dollars piece of apparatus. You put it into the nose, and apparently it stops people from snoring, and I think it comes a lot. I think a lot of people use them from having like deviated septums or blocked noses, and it literally just opens up your airway.
Speaker 2: So do you do you think if someone's snoring they should go get it checked out for their partner's sake, or it's just deal with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So my dad has sleep apnea and he literally has to wear the full mask. So I mean, yeah, if you have sleep apnea, it can definitely affect your quality of life, so you do need to get it checked. But if it's just like snoring here and there, I think just cop it.
Speaker 2: Yes, copper and has had a big one on the gasp.
Speaker 3: Michael the gas.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, let's wrap this up on one last one mustache or.
Speaker 1: No mustache, he says, with the mustache rocking the mustache.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I think the length of your mustache is like it can't get any longer, otherwise it looks too bushy, and like I let it.
Speaker 2: Get real bushy last time, didn't I you let it.
Speaker 1: Get too bushy. It was like bush city.
Speaker 2: But I don't know how to trim it.
Speaker 1: Okay, mustache, I don't know. I think if Michael randomly one day started growing a mustache, it might put me off. But like in general, like if Michael came home with a mustache.
Speaker 3: I would love to say that I would not like it.
Speaker 1: Question, is Tammy okay with the mustache? Because obviously it affects some sort of you know, bedroom activities the mustache?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she starts a bit like oh I, and then grew on her as it grew on me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to the Facebook group because I'm interested to know what do we think of the mustache. I think it's very niche. That'skin looking at herself in the camera. I think, look, I think you look good with the mustache. I'm not sure I'm on board with.
Speaker 3: Mustache s double with it though as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I'm like a full mustache goal.
Speaker 3: But anyway, that's what.
Speaker 2: We've got time for. I'm gonna go, h what's the word brush my mustache?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's brushing. Okay, guys, until next time.
Speaker 2: By Hi,