Speaker 1: Essimer said, here's some of the best bets from Jason Lone while we're on break.
Speaker 2: Tonight we head to the pool celebrity swimming race at the Australian Trials. You get a world recorded.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's all the big stars of Channel nine clips.
Speaker 2: If you get a world record, like, if you get a good time, I'm going to Paris. Yeah, could you qualify?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure you could, but I think we're probably safe from that scenari Okay, So Clinton is swimming in the celebrity race in the World chap Let's go with World Championships tonight on Channel nine. We can tune in at around nine to watch it. But he needs to look the part. If he's going to be in his speedo's, he needs to be nice and bronzed. So I've got my girlfriend m from Sprays. They do the best spray hands in Melbourne in this morning with their portable booth Morning m Morning. You have the job of tanning Clint, so talkers through it. We've got him in his paper g string and he's got his little paper.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we're gone the g or the speedo gone speeder. Gotcha.
Speaker 3: There's two types of tan and one are the two colors.
Speaker 5: So we have our natural and we have our deep dark. I've been instructed to do deep dark today. You've got to shoot to the airport, so there's not much time for developing, so we have to do deep dark.
Speaker 2: How long does deep dark need to stay on for?
Speaker 5: Ideally two hours? But we'll work with two coats today.
Speaker 3: If you've living.
Speaker 2: Double the coat, double dark, what what are we still looking at?
Speaker 5: We're talking depending how long you leave it on for the shades of darkness. But I think we'll keep it nice and natural for you today.
Speaker 2: No, let's go and we're looking for that time. I don't know if you've seen the movie something about Mary and there's the old bird. You're looking for something like that.
Speaker 3: We don't have that.
Speaker 5: You only get that from burning a skin.
Speaker 3: We only have naturally, right, okay, smiles fis very good.
Speaker 2: Good for you if you would like to make your way to the yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. So m's making a way of it.
Speaker 1: We've got a portable booth. In this video, Clint's got his little paper. He's in a robe with his paper shut up for here we go.
Speaker 2: He's in his mate.
Speaker 4: Can I just say you are looking, you're looking the goods look great, you look great.
Speaker 2: You've lost a ton away on a health kick for this.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's getting his sticky feet on for the ladies out there. And do you ten many men?
Speaker 2: We actually do it?
Speaker 3: A few blokes, all right, yeah, lots of guys. Oh my god, you fully stuffed your speedo.
Speaker 2: Can I just hang just before you start, Lauren, kind of look at the liquid in the garden. How dark it looks.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's deceiving, but you're not going to be that color.
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, alright, do I need to do spray the man?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: You have to stand in funny poses. You want to get under your arms? Here we go.
Speaker 4: Is it cold?
Speaker 3: Fine, you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: You know the bit I always hated lost because I got one done with there.
Speaker 5: We got.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: It's not that dark, Clint. I'm like, okay, you can't hear us.
Speaker 2: It's very park Is it quite degrading when they get you to.
Speaker 1: Lift you in a thigh they need when they say, tone your leg out and then they go bend over because you don't want the little white bit under your bump.
Speaker 2: Do they bleach it?
Speaker 3: I mean no, no, no, no, no, no, it's like that little bit under your butt, cheek in your leg. How's it going, Clint? Turnside on now he does the silly little pose. Arms up. Oh there we go under the armpit.
Speaker 2: Lost. They get you to bend over well a little.
Speaker 1: Bit because you don't want to get the lines so like the folds in your skin.
Speaker 2: But then if you stand back up, you've got a sad yas does it? Just give you the girl.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta hold your boozies up. Get dark under there.
Speaker 4: You don't want to get me lines.
Speaker 3: Alright, he's looking good.
Speaker 2: All right, We're gonna leave him to go and get spray ten. But can I just encourage everyone tonight?
Speaker 3: Hang on, Clinty, how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: It's quite cold. How does it look?
Speaker 6: It looks good.
Speaker 3: It's bloody dark, it's very he can't hear us now. We definitely did the deep dog. Good luck for your swim, Clint. We'll reveal the town on our socials.
Speaker 4: It's time for our favorite segments, Lawrence, tell me what you know?
Speaker 2: Yes, Pride the paper. We are big fans of the police, and we've got.
Speaker 1: The cutest police officer we've ever seen, touching it can't stop playing.
Speaker 2: Please don't touch him. His name is seen you Sergeant Mark Boyson, Morning Mark, Here you go go.
Speaker 3: We are excellent, also very handsome. Mark has brought with him Riggs, puppy police dog.
Speaker 2: Is it true?
Speaker 3: Twelve week called German shepherd?
Speaker 2: Has Riggs been named after Leith? A weapon? Riggs and Merchant? Yeah, that's true, he's Yes.
Speaker 6: We give the handlers an opportunity to come up with some names and we sort of vit them and see how we go. And yeah, that one past the master.
Speaker 3: Riggs just peed in the studio. Guys got a situation.
Speaker 2: It could could be man. So okay, so Riggs in When does he start training? He's twelve weeks. Well he started now effectively, but it's more with his age.
Speaker 6: It's more about the environmental training and making sure he stands up to those sort of riggers that we want him to show when he finally gets operational down the track, which would probably be We're not looking for him to be a police dog for another twelve fourteen, sixteen months even. It just depends on how that development goes. And yeah, so there's a lot of development happening now though.
Speaker 1: What sort of thing will he be sniffing out. Is he like an attack dog.
Speaker 3: That we don't call him that?
Speaker 2: No, but no, definitely not. He's a tracking dog.
Speaker 6: So he'll be used on frontline policing for general purpose work we call it. So that'll be tracking for criminals effectively, and we'll train him to look for people. That could also be a searching says, scenario for a missing people can also be for subduing. We've just got to know the facts are that sometimes the scenarios we need the dog for seat scenarios, those tops of the.
Speaker 2: Safe Clint's committed a crime. Believable hypothetical, I give you something of cleantse to sniff like his hat for example.
Speaker 6: Is that what they do do they a bit of are dogs that do send discriminate like that, and so that's probably a lot of what you see with bloodhounds and things like that. And so no, it's about we do know that they send discriminate to a point, but it's about most recent human sense. So that initial imprinting is about understanding human sense. So the dog will will just basically scuff the ground. Whence the dog indicates that they get a little reward, and it develops from there in terms of to a track now indicating.
Speaker 2: PCs Clint outside down down the street right, and you're like, that's our crim Do you let him off the lead and can he ring Clint down?
Speaker 6: Hopefully that is never required, but look, the realistic nature of the job is that we do have to train the dogs to do those types of things.
Speaker 2: Yes, And are they taught to like they or they just latch on to latch on and hold.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: German shepherds are amazing because I had one growing up and it could jump over like a six meter fence. It quite six meters seems a lot. Maybe not six, maybe like two and a half meter defence. But they're pretty amazing and.
Speaker 6: We do we do train them to do that. Now we also have other breeds. But probably the good thing about the German shepherds they are all around U so to speak. They could, they tracked, they search, they bite, they do everything we want no offense. I'm not scared about a beagle latching on. No. But our melan was which are Belgians, they are far more agile.
Speaker 2: And we've got a number of them at the moment.
Speaker 6: We've probably got up towards ten at the moment and they're becoming far more predominant now they're used in the military, et cetera, which sort of moved into a number of those dogs they've got.
Speaker 2: They're far more agile than the shepherd. Now, I'll tell you what. While we've got the cops here thirteen twenty fourteen, if you have any questions for the dog squad this morning thirteen twenty four ten, to join us on the air.
Speaker 3: There are so many calls coming through.
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll come back and take your calls on the other side of this.
Speaker 1: Jason Lawrence robes Poper, tell me.
Speaker 6: What you know.
Speaker 1: We're drawined by Seni Sergent Mark Boyson from the police dog Squad with puppy Rigs who's a twelve week cold German shepherd that's one day going to save the world.
Speaker 2: Wondering why he got his name? Yeah, clip any wrongs? No, I haven't done that for a couple of days. Now, next time for the barbers. Yeah, come on, it's our Lauren. Have you seen lethal weapon?
Speaker 3: I have seen leth weapons. I've also seen police academy.
Speaker 4: Okay, different very So you have a is there a tackleberry dog on the squad that.
Speaker 2: Senior sergeant boys and just turned to me and said, I remember you.
Speaker 3: Oh gods, what music festival?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we ran into each other in the World Cup soccer World Cup.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true Russia.
Speaker 3: Was he behaving himself?
Speaker 2: He was very good actually with his film The.
Speaker 1: Second you introduced yourself with Senior Sergeant Mark Boyce and I.
Speaker 2: Bet he was just buying a coffee at the time. Hey, Mark, I just touched on music festivals there. What sort of dogs would you guys use to sniff out like firearms, narcotics? Money?
Speaker 6: Yea that they're are labradors. So we have fifteen of those. Uh and yeah, they're a detective dogs out dub. They're really in high demand, so on any given day of the week they're doing warrants on premises basically on them.
Speaker 3: The lab might be a stupid question.
Speaker 1: If you're a dog, you'd be a labrador, Jason, you can sniff anything out bit doptly.
Speaker 2: Would be a whippet nerror. The pastries come out here in the kitchen, trust me, how do they know the scent?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Have you got to get them around money and drugs and get them us. It's also odor recognition and it's just repetition.
Speaker 6: So you introduce an odor to them, you can get them to find, you know, whatever it is, and you just keep introducing that odor, and once they give you that impression that they've understood it, they're rewarded, and it's just it's compounding from there. You continuously introduce that odor, have that oidor present, and they're rewarded and they understand it over time. And and firearms have an odor absolutely, so you've got quite obviously it's the powder itself, quite obviously, and also the cleaning, the oils and these types of things. Now we're not specifically talking about the metal and the wood, et cetera. Depending on the makeup of the actual firearm. It's all the other componentory around it and the odors that are associated with the firearm. And if the firearm has been fired, you can whistle, because I can't.
Speaker 2: First, certain people go to music festivals and think about putting bad things up there. Dogs dogs can sniff it up there. They're pretty good.
Speaker 1: About them, you know, sniffing at the dog parks. I'm sure they like it.
Speaker 3: At music festival.
Speaker 2: Where's the most Where's the strangest place you've found someone trying to hide something you.
Speaker 6: Might have hit on it, but yeah, that is people will try all sorts of things, so you're probably I don't know as far as your imagination can take it.
Speaker 2: Nothing surprise.
Speaker 1: Hey, we have got many calls coming through because people love asking the police questions.
Speaker 3: Jack, if you've got a question, yes, I do, good.
Speaker 2: Mine and everyone. So once you is your training, how long does it take actually be governor of got the dogs? And what are some of the things that you actually do to kind of.
Speaker 3: Get that sort of training.
Speaker 2: So Riggs is an example.
Speaker 6: He's starting off now it's more around environmental so making sure that he can stand up to the rigors of being basically exposed to anywhere we take him noises and also you know in dark areas, all those types of things.
Speaker 3: He's really a good job in the studio so far.
Speaker 1: He's peed once and done a pool on the carpet, so he's sitting into this environment.
Speaker 6: Yes, he shamed himself, unfortunately it's not the first person to do at the studio. But now we develop from there, so it's over time we just continue to build up the disciplines that we want from him, and that's mainly for him to use his nose for tracking, and it's anything that's sent bearing after that. So it's all about finding discarded pieces of evidence. But also then we've got to obviously understand that the dog has courage. He's really got to show that as well, so the dog can respond to a number of scenarios where the expectation is he's got to protect the handler and do his job, and that could be about to subduing somebody. There's a lot to understand that dog from twelve weeks of ages, Riggs is we're not asking and putting him under a lot of pressure until he does hit at least twelve, forteen or sixteen months. And that's why it takes so long, because you've got to really let the.
Speaker 2: Dog grow so speak How do you know when he's onto something like I've heard the dogs at the airport will sit next to the luggage and you.
Speaker 6: Know what, they're all different, they're all unique in the way they do it. But as a handler, you are looking for classic indications and it's about a bark and its body. No barking with these dogs, it's about head movement. It's about change in his posture and the way it's to you. As a handlet because we run off, we run off a long lead, so we'd be ten to fifteen meters behind the dog. He's in a harness and we're tracking along with a long lead, and we're casting him across an area to try and understand or see a change of behavior.
Speaker 3: Right, that's why you have to know the dogs.
Speaker 2: So absolutely we won't borrow some of them for the kids at Westfield. You know, when the kids run off for me at the.
Speaker 3: Shop, Lead the lake.
Speaker 5: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on over one hundred Jason Lauren Holy Good on socials