Speaker 1: Looking to the Code NRL show.
Speaker 2: Here we are boys, another week of great rugby league headlines.
Speaker 3: I think before we start we just have to pull the curtains back a little bit. This is almost a nogo the podcast.
Speaker 4: Are you saying because Dave was sick?
Speaker 3: Because you've saved the day, mate, You've saved the day? Wield influence some construction work going on in Touchwood News Limited again News Limited h Q.
Speaker 4: I went and head hunted them and told them, guys, the most important podcast at Code Sports, in fact at news Corps, one of the highest rating podcasts on rugby league in the world.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 4: Can you just give us a bit of peace? And the banging stopped? Bang, it doesn't start again, because that's what it was like. It was like that.
Speaker 3: It was more drilling and hammering than.
Speaker 4: Drilling, really thrilling. You would know what a drill sounds like.
Speaker 2: Aither of you off with you any day?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yes, I used to work on the truck. I'm not gonna lawyer. Worked on a truck doing.
Speaker 4: What delivered goods for pizza?
Speaker 1: Like again, what's that got to do with it?
Speaker 3: So you're a driver.
Speaker 4: Just just to unload the truck. When I was at UNI. What's that's hard labor.
Speaker 3: Buddy, what's that going to do with having a trade?
Speaker 1: Let's rip into a rugby league.
Speaker 2: Yet another week of drama, particularly down in the nation's capital. Corey Halls bro Ricky Stewart makes his feelings clear in a post match press conference and from there it's gone effectively south.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was already headed that direction, Dave. This has been brewined for a little while. They had given Corey permission to negotiate with rival clubs or a couple of weeks ago now before this incident, and Ricky just looked like a guy that was fed up. All right, this is not a nice feels an isolated incident. I'd say, well, that's completely over the top, right, But this has been simmering. Yeah, I think Ricky has just had a loss to try and we'll get the best out of Corey. So there'll be a natural parton of the ways with him taking up a three year deal to join the Bears.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, you said gone south, because it's actually gone west, because that's where Corey's gone. Corey's ended up going.
Speaker 3: Well, how did you contain yourself? That's a good line, wasn't it? But how did you contain?
Speaker 4: Allow you to have? You say? Because I do that? How other people are talking? Then I come in with the pearls. Right, So it's gone west, baby hasn't gone south. And I think it's a great result for Corey. It feels like mixed right. They just need a clean break from each other, right, because there's been times when Ricky's got the best out of Corey and it's worked, but inevitably they've always ended up button heads because it's like oil and water. Right, it's a bit like you and me on this podcast. The things don't it just doesn't work like water, right. So that's what's happened at the end, and it's gone to w A And I think I think it'd be a great signing for them.
Speaker 1: I like it as a signing. Good player, yeah, best, he's a good football.
Speaker 3: You look at that starting front row now, Liam Harry, Corey haws Bro much better, got a bit much better. I think it's a good front row pair and I think they've done well to get that deals obviously.
Speaker 4: Long they don't end up in the sin bin every game. Okay, it's a bit loose, he's a bit mad. I like his madness.
Speaker 3: I like I like it. I think that's a good front row pair and I think you take that if you're the Perth Bears, and you know they flirted and you know went with try to sign Junior Parlor, and I think Corey Hawes Brough at this stage of their careers, is a better signing for him.
Speaker 4: I actually think it's really important they've got the front row is so important in the game now. Was seeing that in the way the salaries of props of skyrocketed, right, there's a real value of premium on good front rowers, good guys who can win the forward battle for you. As you said, I think that's a combo that helps them on that front. They've got some other holes and areas are going to fill, we know that, but I think it's a they're starting to put together at least the team that's going to be reasonably competitive, right, So that's important.
Speaker 3: For August Corey Hawes brother good signs to their fort.
Speaker 2: Do you think Corey has played his last game for Camera?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no. I think you'll play again. I think you'll play. Josh Pop's got his last game coming up week or so. When two weeks, two weeks maybe, I think I would imagine you're playing that game. They've had a long relationship over a long time, and I think I think you'll play again the Camera. It's at least one more game.
Speaker 3: We lost for it. Like Camera, you look at the middle that they've lost over the last couple of years. Obviously Trey Mooney, Corey Hawes, bro Josh Propo, it's a blow for him.
Speaker 4: Uncertainly Hudson youngering around.
Speaker 3: As well, so it's a yeah, it's a tough there's a tough situation for Canberra in terms of that that Ford pack, Joy tipe and is obviously outstanding. No Martin, Hudson Young on either edge, and the song it's it's played sound up a back roll.
Speaker 4: So they've got some kids coming through.
Speaker 2: David picked up lip Boy hot Boy from the Dogs as a younger forward. Joe Roddy is one they have a lot of time for. Yeah, but you're right, let's talk about Hudson Young.
Speaker 1: How does this pan out?
Speaker 4: Look? I mean, Sam's agent's going down to Camp Canberra for the Brisbane game. So in about a week's time, some meat talks with Don Ferner. I think about that. Those two talks. Sam says to Don that Hudson would like to explore P and G, explore the possibility of going there. I would imagine Camber will open a small window for him to go to P and G and have a look around, and then hudsonall be armed with all the information he needs to make a decision. That's how I think it plays out date. I don't know where it lands right, I don't know how he whether he goes to P engine enjoys himself, everyone at the moment he goes there seems to sign for them. So if he if he actually besides he wants to explore that option, I'd be concerned. If I'm a camera fan.
Speaker 3: Big he would be a huge blow. Huge blow. But that's a good camera will put in a huge offer to keep him. Yeah, so and they feel like they're probably the only side that they could potentially lose him to is to P and G. But yeah, you can't from Canberra and you lose Huts and Young off the back of Hawsebra off the back of Trey Mooney, off the back it's they're blows to your forward pack for players that still have a tremendous amount of foot he's still in them, so, uh you know, I know I mentioned before Noel Martin's a really good player, and he's going to be an outstanding NRL player. You've got, you know, ideally Sims Song on an edge, so it's not the worst back row of combination with. But yeah, Huts and Young's elite.
Speaker 4: Regardless of where he lands. Huts and Young, he's going to be a very well paid young man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he stays in camera, he's gonna be earning over a million dollars a year. He goes to P and G. We all know how that.
Speaker 3: Works, it'd be the highest paid back on the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to evolve, right, I mean, this is how much more that's about them?
Speaker 1: Well, Sel wants one point too.
Speaker 4: That's if you're paying Hudson Young. I think Cameras offered around eight fifty nine hundred. With a ratchet, right, that'll end up one one, one two. Potentially, someone was obviously looking at one two. I would imagine wants to ratchet that as well. If you're West Tigers. I've said it before, I wouldn't someone is a really good play, he's young. It's going to be a long time.
Speaker 3: Let's be wind a little bit. Someone I find is asking for one point, that's it. That's the suggestion a season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you haven't picked up on that's the My response is your response too, I'm the same.
Speaker 4: I'd be saying good luck, Yeah, you go on the market.
Speaker 1: But this is why, Mick, this is with the West Tigers.
Speaker 2: This was the decision we need to let your own go early from next season that we can use that money to keep the asking price of Sam Weller.
Speaker 3: Find it, you don't have to pay it.
Speaker 2: Well, the West Tigers have gone on the record and so we're going to do everything possible to keep Sam Weller final and lat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but whatever possible doesn't mean you go. I'll give you whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: Let's look at the back rollers that had been like that are on the market.
Speaker 4: Yep. Jacob Preston, he'll probably end up with about eight hundred with a ratchet.
Speaker 3: Talis Duncan.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's worth that.
Speaker 4: You don't think Jake Preston's worth eight hundred with a ratchet in the market.
Speaker 3: He is just WA's Talis Duncan probably end up.
Speaker 4: Seven eight hundred. Ratchet nine with the ratchet.
Speaker 3: Are we saying Sam Well?
Speaker 1: No, we're not saying it.
Speaker 4: No, we're not saying management. I never said one point to me in that's the claim that that cannot be right. Well, maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: You know, he's management are thick that cannot be right, very thick with this is what we're here.
Speaker 4: That makes some calls me ring right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not ringing anyone right now. One point, what's you.
Speaker 4: What's your cap? What's your limit on SMI you reckon? See no less scaling up?
Speaker 3: He's twenty two, yep, all right, a five years deal. I'm scaling up to a mill I'm not starting there. He's behind Dylan Lucas who just resigned. I'm sure Dylan Lucas didn't resign for a million dollars. That's a young Jacob Preston Talas Duncan Britney correct?
Speaker 4: Do you have him behind Talis dunk? I reckon, I'd have him.
Speaker 3: I'd have him just because of the consistency of Sam Well is a great twenty two, great player. I would love to sign him right like, I'm not giving him a million dollars one point two.
Speaker 4: Let's got a play out let's se how that plays.
Speaker 3: Are you guys?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, And I hope the Tigers don't feel like the Tigers don't get as I said, hell.
Speaker 2: Over, this is a monster game tonight, Fellas Panthers Roosters, it's a Grand final.
Speaker 1: Preview declaring it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said, my bulldog only two?
Speaker 2: What about your wars uh wars and sharkies can get there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hey what am i am? I going out on a limon say there's a potential Grand Final?
Speaker 4: You said you didn't say potentially, you said it is ad.
Speaker 3: I'm back and dave in because finally, this is what is what I predicted in the preseason Pends Roosters.
Speaker 4: That's almost to guarantee it won't happened.
Speaker 1: The Sharks might lose a game. Again about that game.
Speaker 3: Okayna.
Speaker 4: Quick quick change the subject tonight.
Speaker 3: This is not changing the subject on the coast you We're sticking it tonight. Your Sharks annoyed me, but they Dragon smashed them. But just when you think it's safe to say something good about Cronella and they dish up that rubbish. I'm off them. They cannot win the camp.
Speaker 1: Tonight's game tonight, It's game.
Speaker 4: Huge massive game, massive games.
Speaker 3: I think it's a shame to heed you need something.
Speaker 4: I would say it's a huge game for me, a huge game for the US.
Speaker 1: I'm disappointed to desk is not playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I think it's a huge game for the russ Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think they can win without James.
Speaker 1: I don't think they've been that good.
Speaker 4: Let's yeah, it's both missing a big but.
Speaker 3: I understand all this. Penrith can win the camp without his I the Roosters cannot win the camp.
Speaker 1: With that matter of fact, what you're saying, you've never seen it, what pen Y.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they can.
Speaker 1: Because they can.
Speaker 3: Well, they got Nathan in the in the game, You've got him in the Grand Final. Yeah, so that means they can win it. I've got I've got your coming back. Well, they still have to get to the ground final without him.
Speaker 4: We could come back before then, could be back for the past. I think it's a huge game. I think it's a bigger game tonight for the Roosters than just for Penrith because the Roosters record against penstylebolical, one of their last thirteen. Sammy Walker's gone go into the game under immense scrutiny and pressure after rejecting the contract offer huge pressure on the rooster. Yeah, they need to perform.
Speaker 2: And this is this is the fascination with this timing of the story dropping that management don't want to get this deal done right now. The thing is and mate, good luck to the Roosters if they win tonight, but if they lose and then they lose again next week and whatever happened, like if they get on this rush of all.
Speaker 1: Focus will come on seeing him.
Speaker 3: It's all on Sam. This whole, this whole end of season watch is on Sam Walker. He determines his value now. Yeah, he's taking it out of everyone else's hands, placed it in his hands. He determines how much he's worth now.
Speaker 4: He's a confident. I don't think it will affect him because he's that sort of guy, pretty unflappable, doesn't get phased by much. I don't think it worries him.
Speaker 3: But as Dave said, might work in the roosters.
Speaker 4: Could work and the Ruster, well, this is I think this is what It also could work against them.
Speaker 3: It cannot work against it because if he wins them a comp he's one of my comp.
Speaker 4: Goes through the roof.
Speaker 3: They've got to pay a lot more money for the camp.
Speaker 4: But I'm talking in relation to what they've got to pay him, not in relation to whether they win the compro. This is about the deal are trying to get done with Sam and the fact they can't get it done at the moment, at the price level they wanted. That he wins a camp, his price level goes.
Speaker 3: And it deserves to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it goes up.
Speaker 3: It does so.
Speaker 1: In the but it also goes up for the buying club too.
Speaker 4: What do you mean if he leaves? If he leaves, of course.
Speaker 1: That's right, so everyone's on the same But I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure there's club's out there now. He'd probably gives Sam huge money.
Speaker 1: Right now, taking them Rubbish about.
Speaker 4: Sam needing to prove himself a big games? Did you watch him in Origin this year? The first two Games of Origin? He was unbelievable. Sam's got nothing to prove in big games?
Speaker 3: Yes he does.
Speaker 4: I don't think he does. I think that's rubbish.
Speaker 3: He does why because he needs to lead his side to a Grand Final.
Speaker 4: He's shown he can perform in big games. Are you saying it's all on Sam Walker? Okay, He's basically saying if they don't win the Grand finals, Sam Walkers.
Speaker 3: To prove in big games.
Speaker 4: Of course he does.
Speaker 3: He wasn't done at a club.
Speaker 4: Level, No, but that's Sam's done it. In big games He's won too.
Speaker 3: He's won one Origin game.
Speaker 4: He's played well in two games he played. He's played well in two Origin games.
Speaker 3: How many games he's won Origin to go back, that's how games Origin He's one.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you're just saying he didn't play well in Origin mine, but he's won one Origin game. He's played well in two Origin games. They should have won the first one. If there wasn't a sad enough McCallum ponger, they should have won the series. He probably would have won the Wall Medal. Right, So he played well in two Origin games, and he's played well in big games.
Speaker 3: And didn't play well in Game three when the series of them, none of them did. I'm just this is not Sam Walker hate. This is still smells like it's definitely not. It's still no, it's definitely not. He's an elite half back. He's one of the top halves in the game.
Speaker 4: You just said he's got something to prove, though, how can you say that if he's saying he's got something to prove, saying he's the lead half, one of the best salves in the game. If you consider that, now, what's he got to prove? Have ever saying are already at that level?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But is at the bottom of that level. Wins a comp, he'd be top two half in the game, top three half in the game.
Speaker 1: If he never wins a camp, he's twenty three or twenty two, or.
Speaker 2: He never wins a comp. Has he been worth the money that you're talking about?
Speaker 4: One the one talking about the money his management's talking about.
Speaker 3: We're actually not that far off in what we think he's worth.
Speaker 4: Three's No, I agree. I'm just arguing he doesn't meaning to proven big games. I think he's shown he can get it done in big games.
Speaker 3: I think I think the Roisters have reservations about.
Speaker 4: That too, understand they do.
Speaker 1: I think Guided bombed out the most recent final series.
Speaker 4: Well, he came back from a knee recoont play.
Speaker 3: And for a young half, you're not going to be in a better situation than which I have been at the Roosters with Kiri Tedesco. And then you've got d C there now so it's a pretty good existence for a young half. Yeah, he's a great environment for him.
Speaker 4: I don't agree.
Speaker 1: I think i'd find it stunning if you lose.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think he leaves at all. I think it's all the big dance.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually quite like it because, as I said, the values now in his hands goes out dominates the price.
Speaker 1: So good tonight against Nathan Cleary tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do a matchup for him? Is that against the Gun?
Speaker 1: Are you tipping in this one? Fellas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Penrith without Teddy.
Speaker 3: I'd probably still tip Penrith, would you? But without Teddy he's got a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a psychological grip on the room. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well Penrith got that lot with everyone except Melbourne. To be honest, this is a cracking weekend of footy, fellas, But there's one on Sunday afternoon. It's the final game of the entire round. The West Tiger is a back after a buye. I think my male is they put their feet up a little bit. So we'll see if if a mental re fresh away from football has helped the West Tigers against the Saint George La Horrors side that played. Look, it was their grand final last week against Coronella that terrific. Haimis Stewart's a gun. I want to ask you a question, Fellows West Tigers, Dragons. Who's got the most upside?
Speaker 1: Easy? Easy?
Speaker 3: Not even close?
Speaker 1: Dragons?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that fifty to fifty on the weekend right, Like the Dragons aren't certain is to win, but Dragons will finish ahead of the Tigers on the ladder next year. Lock it in.
Speaker 1: And it's not even where we're coming from on the basis of recruitment.
Speaker 3: Just not recruitment, just development of players. We've seen how their young players have come on this year, and plus the players that they've bought compared to where the Tigers are at, players that they've lost, the players they've got coming in. I think I think the Dragons are streets ahead of the Tigers.
Speaker 4: I don't agree heads a bit of a wretch. I mean, the Tigers won five with the first seven games this year when everyone was fit. They showed their competitive football team as opposed to the Dragons, who won three games all year and really haven't shown her that competitive. I know they have been recently, but they've also had mixed in with some of those performances recently, there's been some shockers. Yeah, and I understand the sign players for next year, but I've said to you, you both keep talking about him making the eight or pushing for the eight. It's not going to happen. It's not gonna happen, right, Yes it is. It's not. You're okay, So you're now saying they will make the.
Speaker 3: Ad push for the eight. I'm saying push for the quite clear, its not going to happen. Who finishes high on the ladder next year?
Speaker 4: Tigers believe that where are you getting hope from. We'll get hope from the opening seven games this year when they are really competitive, When they're really competitive, sign Jake who they signed for next year, Jake Abilla, Jad and Brady Jayden Bradley. I think it's gonna be a great signing for It is a great He may not be a great contributed on the field, it's going.
Speaker 3: To be we can't play eighty minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, but he's going to be an amazing contributor off the field. That's really important.
Speaker 1: Did you stand that other signing up yet?
Speaker 4: Kurt Man.
Speaker 1: Just dropping bombs, are chasing him.
Speaker 4: I think I looked at him, but I think the Dogs are looking keeping him as well. Wait and see, do not have said that? Or it'll be done by next week somewhere it will be done, I think. Yeah, I think I've realized is going to be a good signing for or can he be really handy for them?
Speaker 3: Who plays in the harf ro? I'm actually ready.
Speaker 4: Probably do we in this bit of Talkavan Andrews are playing the house with him, so we'll see him. Ever has got the potential playing the halves, right, they've got a lots too far too, you know, but do we all run the show obviously, and when.
Speaker 1: That I'm going to miss k.
Speaker 3: Injuries. Yeah, their injuries have been terrible, no doubt, no doubt. And I was super impressed with the Tigers at the halfway point, and my fear was that they'd fall away with me. Well, if the teams were as they were this year going into next year and there was no movement, I'd say Tigers are ahead of the Dragons. But when you add what the dragons Dragons easy, yes, with what they've got.
Speaker 2: Coming, yeah, yes, I think about six losses by eight points or less with the recruitment they've got they will standout.
Speaker 4: It makes me vomit. You're still lost. It doesn't matter what you lost.
Speaker 3: By I'm with you on that lost.
Speaker 2: How many points Dragons buying players that will turn those results around.
Speaker 3: Dragons have been bad this year. This is not This is not like Sunday's a toss of the coin Dragons. I'll tip the dragons. But it's a toss.
Speaker 2: Of the coin for mine, right, But I don't see how you can even have a toss of the coin the Dragons.
Speaker 3: Do. You watch the West Tigers going to have But you watch the Dragons against the Titans a couple of weeks ago, like they still one, They've still got it in them them. They are far from the finished product.
Speaker 2: The actually go better against teams above them, the one above them. What I'm saying is around their level, around their level, Titans, Tigers.
Speaker 3: They're far from their their last for a good reason. The Dragons a right, So let's not sugarcoat how bad they've been this year.
Speaker 4: But I haven't given up.
Speaker 3: What will to take ready? They are rubbish?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just keep thinking back to those opening seven games when I drank the kool aid they were playing.
Speaker 3: It was good It was also great to watch.
Speaker 4: They were entertaining and they look like a finals team and then they got smash boy injuries and they never lost all their confidence and they haven't little I.
Speaker 1: Jumped on a plane.
Speaker 3: Next year Dragons finished eight, Tigers finished ninth.
Speaker 4: Three d I'll take seventh to eighth. Let's get them both.
Speaker 1: Who are you tipping?
Speaker 2: Tigers? Ready Dragons for me?
Speaker 3: Dragons really dragons next year? Dragons ahead of Tigers on the ladder.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you suggestion they'll come? Make those two teams next year? Get an early prediction from me.
Speaker 3: Tenth and fifteenth won't make the.
Speaker 2: Fellas as far as levels of importance, Dogs, Bunnies, Friday Night footy. Massive, massive for Canterbury.
Speaker 1: Huge for House, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got problems with the House. They're just so I don't know what they stand.
Speaker 4: Problems with a lot of people today, don't clubs.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they stand.
Speaker 3: They must be so annoying to follow. I don't know what they look.
Speaker 1: Like and what they're trying to be. What do you mean what some clubs?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm with Dave.
Speaker 4: What do you mean though?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you mean help explain?
Speaker 4: Explain it to me.
Speaker 3: They just look like a side that doesn't want to do the hard work. And you can't win finals games if you don't do the hard work. So it's frustrating Fire because they've got all the talent. I know they've had injuries, but they've got that's side that could contend for the title or fit, fit and firing right, but inexcusable. That's second half against Paramatta last week. Inexcusable. There's the side of playing for their season still and you dish that up in the second half. It's just yack. You disagree, No, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: New halves this week. Ashton Wood's gone for the rest of the season with a torn hammy. Bud Sullivan comes in.
Speaker 3: Their attacks, nothing about it. I know you got Cody Walker without him, their attack is no good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an interesting stand about Bud Sullivan today.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Apparently he started fourteen games and half back in the NRL. I guess somebody is one.
Speaker 3: Four zero.
Speaker 4: A bit of an ominous.
Speaker 1: Sign, sorry, Bunny, really yeah, he's got a.
Speaker 4: Great record coming off the interchange bench, but the starting half in the NRL, that's good.
Speaker 1: Research by you and have occasionally now and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, can someone fact check?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 4: I like Bud he has a red hot gay, But that's that sort of makes me concerned him for all their losses. I'm just saying that. What makes me concerned.
Speaker 2: Bulldogs have to be favorite to you, right, like if they find their foot eat like that they led the Roosters.
Speaker 4: That game, but that game I should have won that game terrible and that could come back. I fear that might come back to hold them.
Speaker 1: That loss shattering. And I wonder if I think I have tips, I hope.
Speaker 3: I wonder if.
Speaker 2: They're just carrying, like if we're saying it, they're feeling it, they're feeling it how big that loss was, and whether they just carry this weight disappointment in this one if they get done, Yeah, they have to find if they get done, that's it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm tipping Cannabury.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know what they are if they lose this game, they're knocking on death door. But like the hammer that's going on in the background, he started.
Speaker 1: Who you dip, Mick?
Speaker 4: I think I tip's house.
Speaker 2: He has no idea who he's tipped Bulldogs for me.
Speaker 1: Boy's my favorite time of the week.
Speaker 4: Oh is what he got?
Speaker 2: Bs messages of the week, those soft calls, those dodgy reviews, those by rounds, nobody wanted. Send us a message coach sports dot Com, DoD I you give us, Get it off your chest, Mick, that's what That's what we're trying to say to everyone. Send us a question that really lets you vents drill eels. Fans are up and about shock.
Speaker 4: What have they got for us?
Speaker 2: Tommy from Westmead he asks, what will happen to Junior Barlow? Now that Corey Horsbrough has signed with the Perth Beers.
Speaker 4: He's got no option does He's got to stay at paramatter they've got one year deal on the table for him and a job after that. Well, well they're not ruling out another year for him half after next.
Speaker 1: I've got to say they need him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do it.
Speaker 2: They desperately need to keep you. Would they drop they get to drop the price?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think they'd do that to Junior. No, they were pretty steadfast on this is our price. If you want to go to Perth, we understand, but we'd love to keep Yup. I don't think they'd do that to I'd be shocked if they started junior stays.
Speaker 1: They still have cap spaces to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they budgeted enforcing them in the pack. Yeah, they budgeted for they need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the Spencer stuff has just gone cold.
Speaker 4: I think, I think, I think it's still flatting around it. I wouldn't rule it out.
Speaker 3: Still, they'd love to have Spencer and Jack how there next year. Whether or not they get one too, none, not sure.
Speaker 2: Why do they go massive for Zabier Willison should really I.
Speaker 1: Need to get big.
Speaker 3: That's for the following year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad shout though, Dave.
Speaker 1: Can you think of another player that.
Speaker 4: Passion? Obviously, but Wilson's a good one. I get the feeling Willison may stay. Yeah. Interesting the Brisbane boys have got a column mode and he's gone with the same agent that did the pain ass deal. Right, yeah, armed armed murhy.
Speaker 1: So that suggests that there could be movement.
Speaker 4: Well, just suggests a couple of things. Right, One, he did keon he did pain asks how much money those guys get about one point two men? Right? It suggests a Willison ain't coming cheap and the second part of it. It suggests that if he has to move arm it will move him. So Brisbane I have to pay through the nose to keep him yep, which will put pressure on other places in their roster.
Speaker 2: Well, Benny writes from Merriweather. Clearly a Nights fan up there, so.
Speaker 4: I should say he hasn't He hasn't officially changed. He's about to we you.
Speaker 1: Understand, Benny from Merriweather.
Speaker 2: He asked, come on, lads, don't you think Justin Holberl's dallim coach of the year. I said, any other thing. He's got a point to argue from last to a potential final series.
Speaker 4: What about if Robbi wins the minor Premiership?
Speaker 1: No, no, you should the Roosters my minor Premiership favorite. That's who I chose.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have thought, so put a little vo my man, Robbie, I've got whole rook and Webster ahead of the Roosters.
Speaker 4: Well you got Websterster, I ask They've gone through a bit of pretty good team last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's so?
Speaker 4: They finished? So they finished third?
Speaker 1: What's fascinating about the big deal?
Speaker 3: Well, you keeps shaking your head for you what you just relax.
Speaker 1: Webster Dallim. Coach of the Year is a funny thing. We give it to the bloke the ladder more than anyone, but not the guy that held a lot.
Speaker 3: I haven't the other three. I wouldn't have I wouldn't have Robbo and my mix.
Speaker 4: Well, then why would you consider.
Speaker 3: My three like the three No and eas are for the daily.
Speaker 4: I don't get this.
Speaker 3: I don't get this right, Andrew, So you're warriors came.
Speaker 4: I asked this question, Cleary, Why are you saying but not Robo justin Hobrook. What you're saying Ivan but not Robbo? I don't understand what I say Ivan Robot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they've just maintained a level of consistency, right, you're.
Speaker 1: Given to doing for years gone by.
Speaker 3: It sounds like years gone by they still first finished my press in.
Speaker 1: The fact that he's held them there for years. M hmm, yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 4: But not Robo. If Robbo wins the minor Premiership, not Robot the year. Well, I think if Robinson wins, Trent Robinson wins the minor premiership, for me, it's Trent Robinson Justin Hobrook. Well, it depends how they finished the season the Nights if they finished seventh or eight? Yeah, he runs second for me, right, but I think Trent sixth. Well, the Russ went round one of the finals last year, right, sixth finished? What six did they?
Speaker 3: I'm saying nights? If they finished sixth?
Speaker 1: Is that enough?
Speaker 4: Let me just get to the Russ first. What the Ruster is finished last year? Sixth?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay? Or seventh, it's outside the four. That's the four. So he gets some of the minor premiership for me. He's telling him coach of the year. We should be Oh you bat, you're with me?
Speaker 1: No, no, so we should minor premiership is where the rooster should be the Knights, well, you probably question the final.
Speaker 4: You're saying they should be minor premiership.
Speaker 1: I fifty gets the Sharks of the top two.
Speaker 2: He's done an unbelievable job with what he has compared to what Robbo has.
Speaker 3: Just on Ready's point. So the Warriors finished sixth last year, okay, top four, Panthers finished seventh last year, Right, the Rousters finished eighth. Yep, right, by your metric?
Speaker 4: If they win the minor premiership if the metrics right?
Speaker 3: So no, so if the Panthers win the minor premiership. Well, they would have moved the same same level up the ladder.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't have because they had gone. Didn't you say there.
Speaker 3: Were six seventh first, first, yeah, the second.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But I'm not saying Robbers should win it if you finished the.
Speaker 3: Second, but so should I haven't win it.
Speaker 4: It should be yes, in the consideration he's in charge of a team that's won four premierships in the past five years. A bit different to Trent Robins.
Speaker 3: I still thing is, I don't know. I think it's just a whole book.
Speaker 1: Anyway back, thanks for joining us on the Cutdown. You next week.