Speaker 1: On scorn US Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Paney Show coming up tonight. Douglas Murray joins me and he has a message for the activist journalists at the ABC. You do not want to miss that the tills are upset about standards of behavior in Parliament House. Dan Wilde looks at the tone police scene from the Karen Brigade.
Speaker 4: Mi Horowitz is in.
Speaker 3: Chicago and we'll have the latest from the ugly scenes at the Democratic National Convention and the great Alex Epstein on how Facebook is suppressing factual information about nuclear energy and a segment that has millions of views, Left is losing it.
Speaker 5: Women were now without electrical not allowed, not without electoral, electoral.
Speaker 6: Or political power.
Speaker 4: No curry, no kidding.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in Daniel Wah, Deputy Executive director of the Institute of Public Affairs. Dad, let's start with the tills there are not happy about the standards.
Speaker 4: Of behavior in Parliament House.
Speaker 3: They had a press conference today saying proper standards are rarely seen.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from.
Speaker 3: The woman who only last week called Peter Dutton racist in Parliament House.
Speaker 2: Stop it at the top.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, we hear a lot of talk about commitment to better standards, better behavior, but that can only be modeled by the leadership. All those MPs take their queue from their leaders. They are elected leaders of their parties, from David Little Proud as a leader of the Nationals, Peter Dutton, the leader of the Liberal Party, Anthony Albernizi, the leader of the Labor Party.
Speaker 3: Dan it's a good that she knows who leads each party.
Speaker 4: That's refreshing. She didn't mention the Greens there, I think, But I do wonder whether.
Speaker 3: This is a case of people in glasshouses not throwing stones.
Speaker 4: It was literally days.
Speaker 3: Ago when she had to withdraw a comment calling Peter Dutton racist in parliament.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 8: It is the pot calling the kettle black. You know, just look at your own behavior. Of course, the Teals are the ones that thought it was a good idea to divide the country by race in the Constitution, and they're going to lect to everybody else about parliamentary behavior. You're right, she didn't point out the Greens. I suspect the reason for that is because the Teals are just cashed up Greens. They vote you know, analysis on Sky News yesterday revealed they vote with the Greens sixty percent of the time, coalition a third of the time. So how are they really independent and representing the views of their community.
Speaker 4: And I won't even part like it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Just that they weren't supposedly independent, but they portrayed themselves as conservative alternatives. They were conservatives, they cared about the environment. That was kind of the narrative that was pushed. And there are nothing of the sort as you've just explained.
Speaker 8: No, look, that's exactly right. And they're a part of a growing cohort of these inner city elites that are not interested in a debate. They you know, anytime somebody raises a different opinion, they will try and silence people. And they say it's about parliamentary behavior. Well, you're allowed to have a debate in a democracy, particularly in parliament House. And they are not interested in debating the substance of the issues.
Speaker 4: No, And to me it is tone policing.
Speaker 3: Where do they get off telling others how they can express themselves. Of course, you don't cross the line into a straight out abuse like Gazali indulged in calling pinadutt and racist and you obviously wouldn't say anything threatening. But if you I've got robust discussions happening in Parliament House, well that's the place for it. I don't think that's something to hold a press conference about.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: We spoke on Monday about the Environment Minister using Indigenous heritage laws to ban a one billion dollar gold mine project in New South Wales, and now we learn Ai Pulvasek is refusing to release the advice that led to that ban, which did take the resource industry by surprise. Tamil Pulversek made the decision despite local Aboriginal land councils saying there were no unmanageable concerns about the proposed site. Dan the Environment Minister is defending this decision. We know it's going to cost eight hundred jobs, it's going to cost New South Wales around two hundred million in royalties and taxes. Surely we need a little bit more transparency here.
Speaker 8: Well, there's a pattern of repeated behavior. We've seen this with the whole Nature Positive Laws, which is the big new green bureaucracy that this government wants to bring in. We put in a freedom of information request a couple of months ago to the Department and they said there was something like two hundred and twenty thousand documents relating to the nature positive laws, but they weren't going to release them into public. So there's a pattern here of having closed workshop meetings with stakeholders. We have to sign confidentiality or non disclosure agreements in order to view legislation. We've also seen that with religious freedom laws.
Speaker 3: Again, what's the point of going through that process if you can't actually then speak about what you've seen well.
Speaker 8: Because the government just wants to say they've consulted, They don't want people to be heard and they don't want people to speak out. So you know something else is going on here. But you know this is only going to be the beginning of what we see in terms of this anti development agenda from this government.
Speaker 3: And you've got people within the indigenous communities saying these Aboriginal heritage laws are being misused, they've been corrupted, hijacked, whatever way you want to describe it. And again that's not only divisive, but they're using that in really in a cynical manner to hold back this development at a time where we need investment we need jobs, we need more taxes and loyalties to go to our state governments well.
Speaker 8: Exactly, and depending on the location of approject it can often be Indigenous people that are some of the main beneficiaries of these projects, whether it is through the royalty distribution as you mentioned, or through employment opportunities, which is exactly what people on the ground need. This also has I think the vibes of the Western Australian cultural heritage laws in using claim tangible or intangible Indigenous cultural heritage as a mechanism to stop development and to stop investment. So I think that this may be a sign of what is to come.
Speaker 4: Now it must be a day ending.
Speaker 3: And why because the Guardian is published another hysterical piece of nonsense. I mean, it happens daily. I don't know why we even highlight it anymore. This time they're pushing the theory that Elon Musk could plan and insurrection if Donald Trump loses the presidential election.
Speaker 4: Let me read this extract to you.
Speaker 3: Britain's twenty twenty four summer riots were Elon Musk's trial balloon.
Speaker 4: He got away with it.
Speaker 3: And if you're not terrified by both the extraordinary super national power of that and the potential consequences should be.
Speaker 4: Are you terrified, Dan, Well, what.
Speaker 8: I'm terrified is the censorial nature of the left. I mean, in the UK they are putting people in jail for putting memes and opinion on social media. I don't think the Guardian has spoken out against that, of course not they support it. They support it because they fundamentally you know, as it currently stands, democracy is only working for one side. If you speak out as a mainstream citizen in the Western world, you will be brutally shut down or canceled or put in jail. That is where we are. Twitter is perhaps one of the only forums that is left on the Internet where people can have almost unfettered speech. Of course, with unfettered speech, people will say all kinds of horrible things that should be regulated by the platform in some way. But in terms of actually having it going on there and putting your opinion, you can't do it on Facebook. You mentioned the nuclear poster banned on or sense it on Facebook. So this is one of the last avenues for free speech in the Western world, and the left is mercilessly trying to shut it down.
Speaker 3: It's just like if they have a conservative program or columnist, even if ninety five percent of the media leans the other way. They want to shut down that last remaining contrary opinion.
Speaker 4: Dan Wild, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 3: Thank you joining me now is best selling author Douglas.
Speaker 4: Murray Douglas.
Speaker 3: The Democratic National Convention is underway, and we are told the Democrats are.
Speaker 4: All of our joy.
Speaker 3: But inside and outside the venue, it appears that the modern left is devoid of joy. There are violent protests from a range of activists outside in Chicago and inside the convention.
Speaker 4: We've had plenty of vitriol, including.
Speaker 3: President Biden's manic rant where he repeated many debunk lies like this.
Speaker 5: Well, the president was asked what he thought had happened. Donald Trump said, night quote, there are very fine people on both sides.
Speaker 6: My god, that's what he said. That is what he said, and what he meant. I realized, headless of the admission.
Speaker 5: Of my dead son, I could not stay in the sidelines.
Speaker 4: Very rare, Douglas.
Speaker 3: Even Snopes has debunked this vague news. But President Biden persists with this inflammatory lie even after an assassination attempt. Almost so President Trump's short dead Why do the Democrats persist with this lie. Why are they so tied to this narrative?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's just one of a set of completely debunkable lies that just should have no place of politics. If people want to stop lying in politics, they should start by just not lying themselves. Joe Biden has been using this complete misquotation from what former President Trump said after the Charlottesville appalling scenes there twenty seventeen. He has kept using this claim that Donald Trump simply said find people on both sides, as opposed to some of the people trying to defend statues in the area will find people, but went on to say that there was no excuse to the neo Nazis, white supremacists, and someone who were on show that day. Joe Biden has had plenty of opportunity to correct himself, but he just doesn't. He's determined to stick to the narrative. And if you look at that very strange performance of his last night, it's a complete replica of performances he's done before. He talks about Charlottesville. He claims that Donald Trump praised the neo Nazis. He then cites his late son Bo and it's as if Biden knows this will fire himself up, and he hopes will fire his supporters up. It's the same thing with the Democrats trying to claim that form President Trump referred to a blood bath coming if he comes back as opposed to a blood bath for the automobile industry, if Harris woure to get in. But you know, as I say, if people actually care about lying in politics, just don't lie. And these are just straight out, completely verifiable lies that Biden is telling about the person who was his opponent. I think it's just appalling. And if Trump was doing this, people would call it out. I see no reason why they shouldn't do it if Biden is, especially if.
Speaker 3: It had been an assassination attempt against President Biden, and you still put forward these really ugly inflammatory lies.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: President Biden was also angry about the Israel Hamas war. He wants a permanency swine. He thinks that the anti Israeli protesters outside the venue have a point. Biden, let's have it. Listen to what he said about these protests.
Speaker 5: And finally, finally finally deliver a cease fireing and this war. Those protesters out in the street, they have.
Speaker 3: A point, Douglas, your reaction to that, and looking forward, what sort of foreign policy can we expect from a Harris Walls administration. Kamala has also made it clear she does not see this war through a binary lens.
Speaker 1: To use her words, well, I mean, again, such a bizarre performance by Biden. I mean, he's so angry, so so sort of filled with fury, which I just can't help thinking looks completely put on. I have to say, it just looks completely staged and fake to me, that performance, as if he's trying to show there's there's there's a life in the older guy yet. But yeah, he whipped himself up to that, and then that very strange clane that people outside have a point. Well, well, yes, I mean everybody wants the killing to stop. Everyone wants the water to stop. The follow on question, the only important question is on whose terms? Is it once Hamaz has been destroyed or surrendered and given back the remaining Israeli hostages, or is it just stop now because everybody hates killing? Well, I have to say, I mean, I'm not sure how much Joe Biden is able to think this through anymore. But I'm not sure whether Kamala Harris has much of an ability to think it through either. I mean the banalities that come from these people outside the DNC in Chicago this week, by the way, which include people flying Hamaz flags and wearing has Bilar uniforms, which by the way, has prescribed terrorist organizations ought to be an offense in the United States. But let's park that for now. If he thinks they have a point, well, why doesn't he say to them that if you want to free Gaza, the best thing to do is to free Gaza from Hamaz.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't he.
Speaker 1: Correct these people? Because what he has realized in last year, and what I think Kamala Harris, if she does become president, will realize very fast, is these kinds of protesters are not going to stop with a little bit of on the one side. On the other ism, they burned the American flag in the Capitol of DC, as well as the Israeli flag. These protesters, these are not some kind of you know, simply want to cause a cease fire and stop for killing sort of Diali Lama or I don't know, Buddhists sort of you know, pacifists. Far far from it.
Speaker 3: You're so right there They've shown us who they are over and over again, and some politicians in the media refused to see it. Now on the issue of the economy, and it's probably the number one issue in America along with the illegal immigration crisis.
Speaker 4: You've written in the.
Speaker 3: New York Post about the choice Americans face in November, and when it comes to comic policies, you argue the choices between those who.
Speaker 4: Will grow the size of the economy and those.
Speaker 3: Who will grow the size of the state. Kamala Harris is arguing strongly that Americans should continue to march forward.
Speaker 4: Is that how you say it?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, because in the same way that Joe Biden sees all things as being either him or the Nazis. In the case of Kamala Harris, of course, her great insight into politics is that we should go forwards, not backwards. And actually, as I mentioned in that piece in your post, when it comes to economy, going backwards a bit wouldn't be such a bad thing. The economy between twenty sixteen twenty twenty did far better, and that's until the COVID disaster did far better, certainly than the Harris Biden administration has managed economically in the four years since, and you simply need to look at any of the figures, whether it's median household income, whether it's like the rise in median household income for Black Americans, by the way, which was better under Trump than under Obama, as well as much better than it has been under Trump, Harris, if you look at just things like inflation, which is, you know, causing just devastation to Americans paying their bills each month, or you go to something like the attainability of getting on the household ladder, first time home ownership is is tougher now than it's been in America at any point since nineteen eighty four. And so when Kamala Harris says, you know, we need to go forwards into this great world, which by the way, I've been the second most important person in for the last four years, but give me a chance for another four years, because that's where it will really improve, I think people just need to look at the figures. The figures in the economy under Biden Harris have been really pretty woeful. And Harris should certainly come up with a better plan than let's go forward. If she's going to persuade the electorate in November.
Speaker 3: Well, given some of her economic policies about price controls, I think the less she says, the better will be for her, because it's wow, she's quite radical in some of those positions. Now, on a different issue, we've spoken about the attacks against you personally, Elon Musk, from some very prominent voices in the UK who want you both arrested.
Speaker 4: Some are calling for you to be jailed.
Speaker 3: Our own ABC here in Australia is also a lover of censorship. It's a state funded, taxpayer funded broadcaster. Their Media Watch program claims that the ex owner, Elon Musk, is increasingly using his platform to spread misinformation and in flames social division, and they ask can governments and regulators tame the media mogul? Is that really what's happening, Douglas? And is this a good use of our one billion plus dollars of taxpayer money that goes to the ABC every single year?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I mean it's amazing, isn't it. Reta in Australia, in Canada, in Britain, with all these countries among others, have national broadcasters and as you say, they're in receipt of huge amounts of public money and when I see those completely indentured broadcasters attacking day after day Elon Musk as having too much power in the media. Sorry, guys, you are the guys who were literally given a monopoly which has to be broken up by the free market. You're the guys who are still subsidized, and you're the guys who can pump out disinformation all the time under the guise of a fish the official sort of you know, version of events, and still ridiculously have some legitimacy for doing so. The reason why they're going for Elon Musk, among other things, is that he's beating them all effectively in the ratings.
Speaker 2: Ex.
Speaker 1: Twitter under his ownership has become so much more respected and used as a news source than ABC and others that of course they're concerned. Of course they're worried. They should be, because it's perfectly possible that it's not just evil Elon Musk that they've got to rail against. Actually, the problem for them is the audience. They are losing their audience all the time. They keep their billion dollar subsidies, oh yeah, but they're losing audience all the time, and they're losing them, among other things, to Elon Musk and so of course they're better. I don't think they're going to have much luck extraditing Elon Musk and the few people are complete cranks in the UK who've been calling for some kind of censure of me. I've got a horrible surprise for them. They're not going to silence me either. You might as well give it up, guys.
Speaker 3: Well, they are sold against a free speech in the UK, the two tier policing, the two tier justice system.
Speaker 4: There is something that is concerning people around the world.
Speaker 3: I do wonder if people in the UK realize that a lot of us around the world are looking on in horror and at a time where in the UK violent criminals are including killers, are having their jail times slashed because of overcrowding, they are prioritizing locking up what they call far right extremists. Let's hear here from Mark Fairhurst on the BBC.
Speaker 9: We will guarantee a prison style. We will make sure that those people who need to be in prison will be in prison, not necessarily in the area where they live. They may be two three hundred miles away from home, but we will guarantee people at prison.
Speaker 2: Self.
Speaker 3: Douglas, you've written in the Spectator about the persecution of the plubs as you've put it, explain what you mean by that and this assault against free spreech in the UK, and it really is I think quite effective because you're seeing people being arrested for online posts, for retweeting something, for attending a rally that was violent, even if they didn't participate in any of the violence. You can see why people are refraining from saying what they think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the point of this piece, and of course they use plebs in inverted commas. I mean, it's My point is is that I suspect that the authorities, if they try to go down this route, will have quite a hard time, as I say, taking out some elon Musk, and they'd have a hard time taking out in that case. I cited Rowan Atkinson, great comedian who some years ago defended the speech laws in the UK against further encroachment against the freedom of speech in Britain. As Ron Atkinson said then ten years ago he said, I don't think they're going to kind of come for me, but I think that the people who have less of a profile or no profile could be very vulnerable in this situation. I said what Ron Atkinson saw ten years or more ago is exactly what's happening now, because actually what's happening is that as well as by the way that the sudden discovery that our prisoners have got masses of room in them apparently, and the discovery by the police, who can't solve a burglary in most areas in the UK and haven't for years, their discovery that they can be a really crack hit squad when it comes to police sing Twitter is an amazing discovery for them and apart from anything else, it makes their lives a lot easier. It's quite difficult, not that difficult, but it's quite difficult to chase down career criminals who are routine lee burglaring villages and cities in the UK. Relatively easy, by contrast, just knock on somebody's door and say I see that you retweeted this thing, and it's regarded as being hate, so come with me. But it's not much as a laugh for the people whose lives are destroyed. And here's the thing. There have been people in recent weeks in the UK who said terrible things online. There were some people who definitely said racist things online. There are other people who retweeted things, including information in the wake of the Southport murders that turned out not to be true. But what an amazing direction the resources of the police are put in. Weeks after the Southport stabbings of the three girls slaughtered at a Taylor Swift Dance party, we don't know almost anything about the killer, the alleged killer, as I have to say, the court system will probably take a very long time to bring him to justice. The media, by the way, doesn't seem to be particularly bothered about him, or his identity or anything that might have inspired him to this act of terror.
Speaker 2: They've just that's all sort of fallen away.
Speaker 1: What they have managed to focus on is people retweeting things that turned out not to be true in the wake of that. Oh, and those people have had special courts set up for them and all night sittings and more, and the jail cells have been found for them. Well, how about speeding up justice when it comes to, for instance, slaughtering young girls at a Taylor Swift Dance Cup party. But you can lock up a tweeter in twenty four hours. Great example of a completely corrupted and politicized justice system right there.
Speaker 4: Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefty's losing head and what's what happens when army horror witch gets the mic at an anti Israeli protest.
Speaker 4: It doesn't end well. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for lefties losing it and the DNC lunacy has really kicked into gear. We've even got NBA coach Steve Kerr, you know, taken near Kerr.
Speaker 4: He was there and he had a message for Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: In the words of the Great Steph Curry, we can tell Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: N n.
Speaker 4: No, no no.
Speaker 3: The Warriors coach had a lot more to say than just that. He spoke about why he was there making a fool of himself, why he backs the Democrats.
Speaker 4: He explained what he looks for in a leader.
Speaker 2: I believe that leaders must display dignity. I believe that leaders must tell the true truth.
Speaker 4: Got it, Dignity and truth.
Speaker 3: Let's get a dose of that with the leader that Steve Kerr backs right now. Joe Biden, who spoke sometime after Kerr, was way past this bedtime, and it was a manic, incoherent rant.
Speaker 4: He told women that had no electrical or electoral power. Try to figure this out.
Speaker 5: Women were not without electrical not allowed, not without electoral, electoral or political power.
Speaker 4: No kidding, no kidding.
Speaker 3: But let'sus get back to that dignity thing. Steve Kerr was talking about dignity and truth, and here we see that sort of glorious dignity of Biden repeating verifiable lies to so racial division, and in doing so he even invoked the name of his dead son.
Speaker 4: It's not very dignified in my book, and.
Speaker 5: Changing the same exact anti Semitic bio that was hurt in Germany in the early thirties Neo Nazis white supremacist Ni krukus Klan. When the President was asked what he thought had happened, Donald Trump said, I quote, there are very fine people on both sides.
Speaker 6: My god, that's what he said. That is what he said, and what he meant. That's what I realized. Had listened to the abuition of my dead son. I could not stay in the sidelines. So I ran.
Speaker 3: So dignified, so truthful, so full of joy. That demented Die tribe was, of course devoid of fact.
Speaker 4: We told you that years ago it's all on video.
Speaker 3: The Fine People hoax is just that Trump did condemn the Neo Nazis and race unequivocally.
Speaker 10: And you had people and I'm not talking about the neo Nazis and the white nationalists because they should be condemned totally, but you had many people in that group other than Neo Nazis and white nationalists, okay, And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.
Speaker 3: And yet years later, the Democrats from Joe Biden down continue to push that dangerous, divisive lie, even after President Trump was almost assassinated. It's beyond despicable, but Steve Kerr thinks it's dignified and full of truth and unity.
Speaker 4: Now. Old Joe also seemed.
Speaker 3: Confused because he credited himself and particularly Kamala for reopening schools during the pandemic.
Speaker 5: During the pandemic, Commahi helped states and cities get back your schools back open.
Speaker 3: Kamala helped get the schools back open. Really, do the Democrats think we have forgotten? They ran attack ads against Donald Trump for wanting to reopen schools.
Speaker 5: Remember this, desperate to reopen schools because he thinks it will save his reelection.
Speaker 2: We have to open the schools.
Speaker 4: Critical shortage of PPE.
Speaker 10: Threatening they're funding when they don't open their schools, We're not going to fund.
Speaker 5: Them, ignoring how the virus spreads, risking teachers and parents' lives, going against the advice of experts, so very little.
Speaker 2: Impact on young people.
Speaker 4: Trump was one hundred percent ride there.
Speaker 3: The virus had very little impact on young, healthy kids, and schools should have never been closed. And that was only one of the many, many verifiable lives uttered on the DNC stage by Biden and others. Indeed, the whole thing seemed to be less about Carmala and walls and the Democrats' vision and really all about Trump Trump trump.
Speaker 6: Trump donald Trump, donald trump, donald trump, donald trump, donald trump, donald trump.
Speaker 11: Donald trump, donald trump, donald trump.
Speaker 5: Donald trump, donald trump, donald trump, trump Trump. Who in the hell does he think he is?
Speaker 2: Who goes he think he is?
Speaker 3: Indeed, there was very little set of the DNC about the big issues facing the country.
Speaker 4: Throughout the day.
Speaker 3: There was only three mentions of inflation, only eight of the border, six mentions of crime, but more than one hundred and forty mentions of Donald Trump. They seem a tad obsessed and get ready for more lefties content with my next guest.
Speaker 4: Who is playing a dangerous game.
Speaker 3: With leftist agitators in Chicago. Here he is starting a chant with these clowns before revealing to them.
Speaker 4: That he is in fact pro Israel.
Speaker 2: How to get behind the bikes?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: Everybody behind the bikes not in front of the police are playing right now?
Speaker 1: The people.
Speaker 3: On this road line, Oh good, lord is going to get himself hurt again. Joining me now from the Democratic National Convention in Chicago is journalist and documentary filmmaker Army Horowitz. Army, you've already been assaulted by anti Israeli activists this year when you had the temerity to turn up with an American flag. Tell me about what is happening in the streets of Chicago right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that video. God, that guy was an idiot. What was who was he thinking?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, look, you're caught up in a moment, right, I sign an opportunity. I'll tell you when how I went down a little background of that. But this there's you know, look, this is not hyperbole. Does not make us making you know, uh, words up that are actually more dramac and they actually are. If you walk around, I ask people, I interview these people, they said to me, we are Prohmas. In fact, one guy had a that said we should arm Hamas, not Israel. When I asked them, should we see destruction of the Jewish state, they emphatically said yes. So when I saw the guy who was running this rally, the main pro Hamas rally at the DNC in front of the Israeli consulate, and he was chanting till the cops. He was chanting destroy Israel. And of course he was also chanting how much he hated Kamala Harris and Joe Biden. Right, make no mistake about it. Her coming up to where she was, her elevation, maybe even kind of a coup to take over and push out Joe Biden has created no love among these radicals, make no mistake about it. They hate her. Still, they are still not going to vote for her because look, she said very clearly, I'm the last person in the room. Right. She has taken ownership of all of Joe Biden's policies, good and bad. Mostly bad. They realized that. So when they when she says hey, uh, and she tries to suck up to them and meet with the dearborn Michigan mayor secretly, by the way, so nobody knew about it. When when when waltz uh has has talked about how a a in a mom in his area who was an October seventh enthusiast, he spoke with him five times publicly called him a master class teacher. This stuff has actually not moved the meal for these people. They are animals out there attacking the police. And by the way, I gotta say, I got to give it up to the Chicago Police department. They are not taking crap. They are pushing these guys back. They are not unlike the police in Papolis during Waltz we gave them roof to breathe. The Chicago police have got this stuff locked down. I gotta say I was very impressed by it. I went to all the riots across the country. They did a great job. So yeah, no, there's chaos in the streets. But they are not going for.
Speaker 4: Kambalayrs Well, I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 3: They're certainly not going to vote for Donald Trump because he's as pro Asrael as they come. So in the end, and this is the argument the Democrats are making to them, is that what else are you going to do if you don't vote for us, that's effectively a vote for Donald Trump, even if you stay away and don't.
Speaker 4: Vote that day.
Speaker 3: And I wonder whether that was behind Joe Biden having sympathy for these protesters.
Speaker 12: The.
Speaker 5: Civilian suffering of the Palace Indian people and finally, finally, finally deliver a cease firing in this war. Those protesters out in the street, they have a point.
Speaker 3: I mean, you said, the protesters out on the street have a pointer. We had Barack Obama speak tonight at the DANC.
Speaker 4: We know what his Middle.
Speaker 3: East policy was, we know what the Biden Harris administration position has been. And it's no surprise that these protests feel emboldened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, Look, there's no question that they are desperate to try to get these people to vote for them on this election. Right then, particularly in Michigan, Right, that's kind of where they're saying, Hey, if we lose these votes, we may lose Michigan, and also in Pennsylvania's quite a few of them. The reality is, of course, to be emboldened. Absolutely. Look but that clip you showed, that's the real good people on both sides clip right, not the BS one they made about dob Top you mentioned before. Their signs are clear. They're not hiding the ball here when he's talking about they have a good point. Explain to me what point you're referring to, because when I was with them, they were calling for the destruction of the state of Israel. And by the way, they were crapp on you too, genocide Joe as they call them, or killer Kamala and they call her. I don't think you're right. When I was talking these protesters about are you gonna vote for Kamala? They all said no, And I asked them, this is going to this might lead to a Trump victory. They don't care. They want to see the destruction of our system. And they're they're they were chanting, by the way, not just down with Israel, down to cops. They were chanting down with the DNC, down with the Democrats. They are not down with the Democrats, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we'll see, we'll see how those votes go. You don't have compulsory voting in America, so you do have the option to stay away. In Australia, it's a different system. If we don't turn up to vote, we get fined. That's an issue for another day. But that's true, and the radicals aren't just add saw.
Speaker 11: It is true.
Speaker 3: That's that's we've got compulsory voting in this country, preferential voting, very different system to yours.
Speaker 4: But the radicals aren't just in the streets army.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of radicals inside the DNC venue and giving an insight into how far left the Democrats have veered in recent years, we've learned that the head of a prominent social justice group that's what they call themselves, who has published an essay calling for decriminalizing of terrorist group of mass has visited the White House multiple times this year.
Speaker 4: That's according to official logs.
Speaker 3: Joyce al Joni's group has also called for the defunding of police forces and the elimination of immigration agencies.
Speaker 4: Why would a character like.
Speaker 3: This have access to the White House and who they meeting with?
Speaker 4: What sort of.
Speaker 3: Influence are they having. I just find it astonishing that people who are this far well to the left, to the right, they're just in my mind, borderline extremist. Why are they getting access to the bought An administration and to the White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's borderline extremists. I think these are extremists. I don't think there's any let's let's not pull our punches here. Look, I think you could look at it from a point of view of, hey, we'll give them benefit of the doubt or like that there, or you're get from the point of view of there's a real problem and the call is coming from inside the house. Look, if you want to give the benefit of the doubt, and this is not really the benefit of the doubt. This is also crass and terrible. Their viewpoint is electoral, pure electoral, which is, hey, we need to win this race, and we will take votes from whoever we can get them from. And that means we're going to cater and kowtow the pro Hamas wing of this party. We will do so. And that's to say that they don't believe it. That's to say they're just trying to make a political calculation here. There's another reading of this, which is and I don't think this is Joe right, I do think this is Kamala and it's it's it's some other extremists within. Look again, Biden isn't running the show. He's not. He's not really president, right, So you have to ask the question who's making the invitations. I don't think that Joe Biden, right, He's not with us, he is no longer with us. So you have to ask the question, who are actually putting these invitations out to these radicals? Who are really taking the meetings. We don't know the answer to that. But the yeah, but the truth is gether.
Speaker 4: Is the problem? Well, this is the problem.
Speaker 3: We don't know who in the administration is actually pulling the strings because we know it's not Biden who's making the key decisions here, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, Horowitz. Stay safe. We'll speak to you again soon.
Speaker 2: What's a pleasure? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Still to come?
Speaker 3: Alex Epstein on social media side censoring factual information about nuclear energie. Welcome back to the I read a panety show. Joining me now as author of Fossil Future Alex Epstein, Alex, we're seeing social media giant meta suppressed debate about energy policy. Many Facebook posts promoting pro nuclear lobby group Nuclear for Australia have seen their posts removed, supposedly for being misleading users who shared a petition to legalize nuclear energy in this country and also shared an interview between pro nuclear advocate Will Shackle and businessman Dick Smith found their post blocked or their accounts suspended. This has impacted quite a few people. I wonder what impact is censorship in the media and social media having on the energy debate.
Speaker 12: You know, it's hard to say that the scope of it, and you know, depending on what it is. If it's encouraged by the government, then I consider it censorship. If it's just the platform deciding what to do with its own platform, I consider that suppression. In either case, I consider it wrong, particularly when you're suppressing perfectly reasonable ideas. I know, you know my own experience has been I see stuff suppressed all the time on meta, Like there's one thing where I show a graph about the truth about sea levels. How in some places around the world they've risen, in some places they stayed the same, and in some places they've gone down. And the point is that sea level change is mostly local. There is a global rise, but it's very slow. It's mostly local changes that make a difference. And they flag that as misinformation. And you know how they justify that not that anything I said is false, but that somebody once used my graphic and said something false, So they've basically smeared my graphic because somebody made a false statement associated with it.
Speaker 2: So you can just see can you.
Speaker 12: Imagine them doing that the other way, Like if somebody had a graphic that somebody made a statement critical of fossil fuels and then had a graphic about energy, they would suppress that obviously not so you can see this bias. It's particularly ominous that it's extending to nuclear in Australia because Australia needs to know everything it possibly can about why nuclear energy is really good and should be adopted.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, given we're sitting on the world's biggest reserves of uranium, it seems particularly mad with the policies we have in place at the moment. I'll get back to Australia shortly. But the Democrats presidential candidate with the DNC underway the moment. But Kamala Harris has a long history of being anti fossil fuels. She has said repeatedly that she would ban fracking on day one of her administration.
Speaker 4: Let's have a look at this clip from CNN.
Speaker 3: As saying pretty much just that the first time she ran for president.
Speaker 11: There's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking, So yeah, and starting and starting with what we can do on day one around public lands, right, and then there has to be a legislation. But yes, and this is something I've taken on in California out of a history of working on this issue, and to your point, and you know that we have to just acknowledge that the residual impact of fracking is enormous in terms of the impact on the health and safety of communities.
Speaker 3: That was back in twenty nineteen, not that long ago. She's now changed to chun Alex. She's saying she is not for a fracking ban. Obviously, she wants to win swing states like Pennsylvania. But from what you've seen and what you know of the policies she has backed, what would energy policy in the US look like under a Harris administration.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm glad she's feeling pressure to change her policies. There doesn't seem to be any real change in conviction. I don't know if there ever was any conviction in the first place. But it's a good sign that she's at least retreating from this idea of banning fracking, because banning fracking is an existential threat to the United States. You're talking about sixty percent of her oil production, seventy five percent of our natural gas production involves fracking, and she talks about fracking. Is the threat held in safety?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 12: The threat health in safety is we can't produce oil, we can't produce gas. Prices skyrocket around the world. Americans can't heat their homes, we can't run their factories.
Speaker 2: That's really bad.
Speaker 12: The worst thing, though, is the continuation of the Biden agenda on electricity. This is the real existential threat. We already have a grid in crisis, and yet what the administration is doing is they're artificially increasing demand for electricity by things like mandating a lot of evs, and even worse, they're artificially restricting the supply by banning existing coal plants through their new EPA rules and then effectively banning new natural gas plants to replace those coal plants. So we already have a crisis, and they're talking about shutting down a fifth plus of our reliable capacity and then not allowing us to build natural gas when we need way more electricity. Not just for evs, which we shouldn't be forcing anyone, but for things like data centers for AI, which we're just seeing unprecedented increases in demand force. So this is a total crash course. And Harris, if anything, would be worse than Biden with her track record. She was one of the eleven co sponsors of the Green New Deal, which was a fossil fuel and nuclear abolition plan proposed a few years ago. So at best, she doesn't care at all about energy, and at worst she's very hostile to energy. And I think that the truth is somewhere in between those two very bad points.
Speaker 3: Well, she's from California, and California has given us an example of what we can look forward to if we go down this neit zero path wholeheartedly. We know some of the radical policies backed in that state.
Speaker 4: How is that going? Are they getting the outcomes they're expecting.
Speaker 1: In California?
Speaker 12: So I'm a Californian, so I think the leaders of it, some of them wanted the outcomes we're getting, which is more blackouts and less energy use and more poverty. But in terms of the outcomes they promised, in terms of a glowing green economy and more electricity than ever. No, I mean it's you know, there's this story about Gavin Newsom announced hey, no more internal combustion engines, you have to use evs, and then literally six days later said don't charge your evs you don't have enough electricity. It's commonplace in California to say, hey, don't run your air conditioning during summer, we don't have enough electricity. You know, electricity companies, not just in California but in other places influenced by bad policy, including Texas, they've come to be electricity rationing agencies. It's like a Soviet style thing. In the past, electricity companies tried to get you to use more electricity. Now they're trying to get you to use less because we're not actually allowed to produce electricity.
Speaker 3: Now it's finally we are seeing here in Australia and elsewhere in countries that have embraced it zero policies that really manipulate the market. They push renewables restrict or sometimes outright ban everything else, from nuclear to gas exploration to coal plants. Can the renewable sector survive without government handouts and market manipulation.
Speaker 2: No, I mean there's no evidence.
Speaker 12: So what I'm in favor of is what I call energy freedom. So every source of energy is free to compete.
Speaker 2: You know, we were free to produce and consume them.
Speaker 12: And in electricity, what that means is everyone can compete, but everyone has to produce reliable electricity. You don't allow this charade of solar and wind get paid the same to produce unreliable electricity, and then un fossil fuels and nuclear produce reliable electricity. That doesn't make any sense. And what ends up happening is you reward unreliable electricity, you start to bankrupt reliable electricity. And then the other factor you mentioned, which is the worst factor, is that we are restricting or shackling reliable stuff. So it's one thing to impoverish people by forcing them to pay for unreliable energy, that's really bad. It's far worse to prevent people from producing and using reliable energy. That's what we're seeing on our grid in America, you're seeing those pressures in Australia, You're seeing that around the world. So subsidizing unreliables and shackling reliables is a death sentence to grids and that's unfortunately what the current administration is doing. And we need to just liberate energy. We should, you know, the ideal should be America, Australia. We should have the lowest cost, most reliablectricity in the world. We have all the raw materials to do it, we have the ingenuity to do it, but we have insane, ultimately anti human, certainly anti energy policies that are causing us to We've basically uninvented affordable, reliable electricity.
Speaker 3: That is a wonderful way to put it, and you are so right. I think it applies to Australia even more so than the US.
Speaker 4: Alex Epstein, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 1: Great to see you.
Speaker 4: That's it for me. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Up next is Newsnight.