Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maththony podcast. And after a week or two of confusion and speculation about what actually went down between Alyssa and David, which led to their relationship becoming so toxic to the point they're now subtly taking swipes at each other in their various radio interviews, Well we now have our answer. And it turns out, as I've been recently saying on here, they didn't abruptly fall apart at this part of the experiment after two months of living the dream. But it actually turns out they were never actually that perfect after all. But again, and like I've been saying, this show just decided to not include any of their drama as it would take away from how we felt about the mean girl's situation and the sympathy they wanted us to feel for a Lissa, because it turns out, after all, the real reason they ultimately didn't work seems to be because Alyssa just well, she wasn't actually that great of a person. And remember this moment Alyssa and David's wedding when we kind of saw a snippet of a personality that was a little bit extra Wow, do I have to do it right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to get on one knee. We'll see. No, I'm not going to marry you until you get and ask me to marry you late. I'm not marrying you until you get gale and proposed to me.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out, and this is going solely off the unseen footage they've shown on last night's episode of After the Dinner Party on Stan that she was actually just like that all of the time. Take a listen to this little clippaer from the retreat when Alyssa decided that her room with David wasn't good enough, so she decided to take that out on David.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to fix the fucking idea and you're just starting, not coming up with a solution.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 2: Fuck you, I've fucking solved every fucking problem that.
Speaker 1: Don't cancel me.
Speaker 2: Don't cancel me like that. That's disrespectful. Have a shower and fucking come to bed.
Speaker 3: Don't talk to me like that.
Speaker 1: Please have some respect.
Speaker 2: Look at it. Do you want to see right light? Look, there are no blinds. There is no blinds. I can't sleep in here, I can see outside.
Speaker 1: And now take and listen to this little clip pair of Alissa talking about how much better she is than David.
Speaker 2: To David, I feel like, obviously, I am really ambitious, like I'm I never stop, and I feel like I've traveled the world, you know. I've been able to see the world, you know, over twenty countries. And I've built my house, yes, and I've built you know, my brand, my personal brand as well with amazing sponsorships. I've done it all. I've got it all except for this part of my life that's been missing. I know that you've been working so hard, but it would be cool to like see you do something with your earnings and your hard work. It's just about taking those steps, and it's just more reassuring for me knowing that you've got something to fall back on. I feel like you are ambitious, and you've built your business obviously, and you're doing really well in your business. I don't know about all the back end stuff like you know, because I'm like just getting to know you. But that's why I wanted to bring that up with you. Are we both going to be grinding? Are we both going to be able to live this lavish lifestyle that I want to live and that he wants to live. Are we're going to be able to afford it? Because you know, it's important that we can keep up with each other. Obviously, you know he's still renting. He might drive a car that he might own, But where are your assets? You know, I need to know that you are financially stable and you know you can look after a family.
Speaker 1: And in recent weeks, as I've discussed on this podcast, as all the various anonymous Sauce News articles have had this questioning will which one of them will come out of this like as the villain in the relationship, it now seems very clear that that is Alyssa, with even the After the Dinner Party hosts Brittany Hockley and Laura Burn making their opinions very clear on this situation. And bear in mind Brita and Laura are two people whose entire brand has been built on championing women.
Speaker 3: Oh, David, I just feel like you have the patience of a saint with this kind of thing happening all the time behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: That was probably the worst. That was the worst.
Speaker 3: I think that this might be a perfect example of when Alissa says, you know, I want someone who he stimulates me, or you don't stimulate me necessarily. What she might actually be saying is that you're not rising to the dry because she's throwing it at you and you've stayed really calm. David. I think in the world of the MANI sphere that we're in right now, you are a wonderfully beautiful example of the way a man should be.
Speaker 1: Having now listened to all of that which was purposely excluded from the main show in Channel nine, let's briefly go back to this radio interview Alica did recently, who is.
Speaker 2: Getting a bad edit?
Speaker 1: And actually isn't that bad? Steve?
Speaker 3: Who's getting a good edit?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 1: Is there anyone you wouldn't talk to if you bumped into them? Had an a bit Alyssa suggesting weeks ago ONLVE Radio there that David was getting a good edit and suggesting that the real David was nothing like the one on the show we'd been watching. Just seems bizarre and almost like she was trying to plant this public narrative so she could ultimately come out on top. And let's also go back to that New Idea article I read on her last week with these source quotes, which read Alyssa's incredibly anxious about what viewers might think of her. She's scared that the narrative will make her look paranoid or over emotional when there was actually a lot more going on. Reality TV can be brutal. She just hopes viewers understand that what they're seeing isn't the full picture. Now to me, at least, that actually reads that Alyssa is potentially the source of that article and she's trying to plant this like seed in the public domain. That again, David is the bad guy, even if we do see unseen moments like that which possess that Nah, it's actually her who should daddy?
Speaker 2: I'm my daddy, who's a slagquing, I'm a slagueen, I'm Melissa, I'm from Adelaide, and I'm a nurse and social media manager.
Speaker 1: Now, before I wrap this pot up, I do actually have one final little point to share in all of this, and that's throughout this season, I've spoken a lot on this podcast about story acts and how producers approach things in a way where they kind of predetermine the start, middle, and end of any storyline they actually want, and they will then exclude footage or manipulate footage of what may actually happen so they can get that start, middle, and end and the narrative they want to play out on screen, and throughout this season, it really appears. And as I've been saying that the main story act up until this point of the experiment they wanted was to make the mean girls seem as bad as possible, and in order to make us feel even more discussed and hate towards them, they had to make a Lista seem like an angel in comparison. Again, which is why I believe they purposely chose to cut all of that unseen stuff just out of the main Channel nine show, because that would take away from this narrative and if we didn't have that sympathy for a Lissa, we maybe wouldn't feel as strongly when everybody tried to tear her down and ultimately and again, in my opinion, this After the Dinner Party Stands show this year has done more bad than good for the overall Maths brand because bringing out unseen moments like this now just proves what viewers have long suspected, and that's how the version of the show that they edit and show towards on Channel nine is actually fake, while proving to us through this stand show this year how they can so easily manipulate things in a way that does skew reality to go with the fake version of reality that they want us to believe.