Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea So Where's your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Anna.
Speaker 1: Hello, how are you well?
Speaker 2: I think we're both in the same boat right now. Feeling a little bit dusty from the weekend's antics.
Speaker 1: We are a little bit hung We had my engagement party on the weekend. If you're following my socials, then you'll see all the picks. I've still got so much salt bos actually, but it was so fun.
Speaker 2: It was it was a great time. Look, I let rip there. I had a fair bit to drink, but I told everyone I'm not passing out on a park bench tonight, and I got home at a reasonable hour. Now.
Speaker 1: I did a ghost at the end of the night. He just disappeared. Yeah, smoke bomb. That's what it's called, isn't it. You were just like he didn't say bye, you just it was vanished into thin air.
Speaker 2: There was talk of going out afterwards, and everyone was getting really like it was gaining legs and I was getting into it, and then I saw how much legs it was gaining and I was like, no for me, So I ran well. I went out the front and I booked an uber and as I was waiting, people started to come out and then they were like if you're smoke bombing, like go catch now. I sprinted off and I was like, jumped in you guys were walking out the front and I was like, oh, okay, so how was your night?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: It was your big night, It was your engagement.
Speaker 1: It was our engagement, well not ours, but yeah, yours and Michaels yeah yeah, yeah, No. It was like, I know people say this, but it was literally the best night of my life. I just loved every second of it all day yesterday, like my family and everyone was just saying it was honestly the best night we had at all we had. The DJ was playing the bongos at one point, we had a sax player. We even had a three sixty photo booth, which was amazing.
Speaker 2: We didn't do one, we should have done one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just it had everything. Yeah, you did do one with my parents. That was so funny. If you saw that socials, you would have seen him. Apparently they were trying to do one by themselves, and you like jumped through.
Speaker 2: Because I was getting me to do it, and I don't know, maybe I jumped in and the telephone. Have you listened to any of the messages that people have left to yet?
Speaker 1: No? So I have to send it back. So that's called off the hook. Basically, I had like an audio guest book, so everyone on the night has left us like voicemails. But it was so funny because as the night progressed, everyone was getting more and more lit, and I could just see people just like on the phone, just like chatting for ages. I was like, these are gonna be so good.
Speaker 2: Well, one of mine will just be me going what about now this angle? What about this angle? When I was taking photos the phones? So you're gonna give it? How does this fun look?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll get one of Matt's and I can play it for the part so everyone can hear it. I mean, did you think I wasn't going.
Speaker 2: To that would be embarrassing. I actually thought we should use some of these, but then I was like, probably some of them can't be used.
Speaker 1: Well did you say what did you actually leave like a nice voicemail for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I feel like I did. We'll talk about the setup for how much because it looked unreal, like I said to you, and I don't think I put it into words properly. It was. It was a lot. It was a lot of a vibe that I thought it would be, like, I didn't expect it to be so like just vibey. Yeah, it was such a vibe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we had it at chow Cello in Port Melbourne and they have like this huge, big disco ball and when the lights kind of dim, the disco ball just kind of like lights up the floor.
Speaker 2: The candles were a nice effect.
Speaker 1: Yes. So basically the engagement party theme that I basically created by myself was basically the marry me Honey. Theme. So we kind of wanted to recreate the proposal because the proposal was so amazing with all the flowers and so we tried to kind of create that but then with a bit more like mood lighting with all the candles, and then we obviously had the neon sign saying marry me honey.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, no, it was the candles were such touch with all the rose pedals around. I loved it, and I think that you really did well yourself have anything to do with it.
Speaker 1: He helped with some playlist options for the DJ, but that's as far as Michael went.
Speaker 2: He was actually engagement.
Speaker 1: Well, he did say he goes thank you. When we were on the way there in the uber. We had like a little like moment together saying like we love each other. And then it was probably just like getting the thing like yuck, vomit these two. But then he was like, you know, I really appreciate all the work you've put into like making this happen, and if I had my time again, I wouldn't do anything differently. I'd still let you organize it all, which is fair Like it's I had a vision and like you know, once you have a vision of something, you kind of were the only person who can fulfill that. Obviously people can help here and there, but you popped in early to kind of help with the setup, which I appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yes, lit all the candles took some content the stuff that needs to be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Matt, my best friend, A couple of boyfriends were there, so it was nice. So we started at six and the party started at seven point.
Speaker 2: Thirty people there on time.
Speaker 1: People were there on the dot, weren't they. I was like, guys, like, give me a second, because obviously I have my collaboration with Helen O'Connor, So I was trying to get some content in all of the dresses because the dresses, I mean, what did you think of the dress?
Speaker 2: The dresses looked amazing. Coming from a completely heterosexual die that doesn't look at you in a dress in that sort of way, they looked amazing. They did all of them, three or four.
Speaker 1: I saw you four because yeah, what was your favorite?
Speaker 4: The orange, the white one, the Aphrodity that's what it's called because she's the goddess of love, So we called it the Aphrodity dress.
Speaker 2: Like the one that was a two piece at the end of the night that had like the reflecting.
Speaker 1: Something, the mirrorble dress, yeah, which kind of so we kind of named them after different parts of the engagement. So there was a sky full of Stars, you know, the cold Play song, which was like the very sparkly long dress with the beautiful lowers. Then we had the Crazy in Love, which was the orange dress because it's just like a fun extra type of dress with a big bowl at the back and the train. Then the Aphrodity, which was your favorite, is kind of like the Greek goddess of love. Obviously you know I engage, Yeah, Michael's Greek. It's the engagement party. We're getting married in Greece, so that kind of tied that one. And then there was the mirrorble two pieces. It's actually two pieces, so it's a top en skirt, but it looks like a dress because they kind of overlap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we did a Greek dance? What was our called? We did?
Speaker 1: We did the Zorba? So fun? How fun was that?
Speaker 2: It was fun? I didn't know how to do it.
Speaker 1: No one did. I mean Michael's family did, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: And talk me through the steam guns? What was the idea? Time that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So how did we even get them? Why did they? Did they even come out?
Speaker 1: So this was totally unplanned. So we had like three sixty photo booths. Who did the photo booths? Which is so fun? How fun is that they actually brought them and then they were like, hey, so we have these like steam guns or I don't know what you'd call it, like is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway, My only memory of those things was I was out anoisy neighbors one time and the power went off, so they started playing like beats of music to that could keep partying. And I've never seen them other than that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was totally unplanned. So they were like, do you want to do this? And I was like, okay, sure, Like we definitely wasn't in the vision, but I was like, you know what, like I've never shot one, Like maybe we should just do it.
Speaker 2: Fuck it.
Speaker 1: So we did it and it was fun. It was very extra, like I'm already extra, like with my three outfit changes that I had. The collection has four dresses. It four was a bit much to do, although I did get content before the party started in the other one. But yeah, like it was extra, but it was fun. It was so fun.
Speaker 2: Was there recalling them?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It comes firing back?
Speaker 1: Not really? They were pretty powerful though. Michael was Michael was going nuts.
Speaker 2: He was loving it.
Speaker 1: Also was kind of like when they asked, I was kind of like, well, when am I ever going to probably fire one of these things?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 1: Again, like it's just a bit random, So I was like, fuck it.
Speaker 2: It was so random and it was like I remember standing, They're like, what the fuck's going on? Now? These things everywhere? I was like, that's fun. Yeah, it was a good night. I had a lot of fun. I really did go up okay the next day.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of the dresses, what was your favorite dress?
Speaker 1: I think my favorite, although I'm so obsessed with all of them for different reasons, I think the sky full of Stars dress is just so special. It was you know, you saw the footage I posted of the three sixty camera capturing the whole gown. It's just amazing. And like with the gloves as well, which is very in fashion right now. I just that just came out so much better than I could have ever expected. Like Helen O'Connor did an amazing job. So yeah, they're all on sale now for a limited time. So if you guys want to wear any of the dresses, go ahead and jump on the website.
Speaker 2: No, I see him find it at heleno'connor dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Second, thanks for there, thanks to the shame was no.
Speaker 2: I had a really good night. It was really nice. While your family was fun. Surprised that your brother stayed sober the whole time.
Speaker 1: I'm actually proud of him.
Speaker 2: How could you, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's doing a hundred days sober and I know that would be like really hard, especially at your sister's engagement party.
Speaker 2: I thought I caught him with a beer, but he had a zero points so tonight.
Speaker 1: That's what I said, because he started the night just being like, oh, I'm gonna have a Red Bull and then I saw him with a beer in hand, and I was like, you like broke your drinking thing. But I was like secretly happy. And then he was like, no, it's a zero, and I was like, what, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: I just said to him. I said to him because I was pretty I had a couple of drinks at this point, and I was like, I couldn't be talking to me sober, Like you know when you're talking to someone that's had a couple of drinks because you're think you're annoying. Yeah, just you know how the I just was like, if I was sober talking to someone drinking, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it's looking at some of the footage back that the girls took on my phone, I was a little bit lit by the air, like I was very lit. And then on top of that, like, I'm such a woo girl at parties, and I fucking looking back on the video content of being being like whoa, I'm like, shut up, you were talking.
Speaker 2: We were sitting next to each other having a chat when things was getting legs about going out, and I was like, no, I was like, Anna's full woo girl murd right now. Why did you say that to myself? I was like, fuck, she's fully woogoing it. You're like, let's go out everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm giving myself the just thinking about it. I literally was having the best night of my life. So I have no regrets, Like I was literally uncloud one thousand.
Speaker 2: The next day, not good because.
Speaker 1: We went to the club after so and it's I haven't been to the club in a long time, so you know, it was it was a time was the time home. We had no idea, but then we did order McDonald's at four am, and I fell asleep by the time it arrived, which when that's happening, you know, it's a big night. That's probably the latest I've been out in a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like I keep saying I could do it, and I could do it pretty easily. But do I want to do I want.
Speaker 1: To suffer and we have suffrage. Yesterday it was a dark day for us.
Speaker 2: Speak for yourself. I went to a dashy meetup.
Speaker 1: Oh you did too? How is that?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 2: Do you want to have dopamine and serotonin released into your brain? I felt just like laying there, just like covering in treats. So they would just run up for me.
Speaker 1: What was better? The dashound get together on my engagement party on par dog.
Speaker 2: No, you're engage your party by far, by far?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: As I was walking over to the dashhound meet up, though, I saw them all running around and I was like, I reckon, this is what heaven is.
Speaker 1: I really still think you should get a dashount. You know how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: Jeanine's a kowski. If you're listening, which you are, I know you are.
Speaker 1: Janine, please let ma get a Dashound. You'll fall in love with it too.
Speaker 2: She's just worried that she'll be puppy sitting it.
Speaker 1: While I'm out the sit You'll probably love it.
Speaker 2: Off to hers. I'm just saying you need to look after this.
Speaker 1: But you're so obsessed with dashounds. I just really feel like you'll be like, do I go out or do I send the night with my dashouse?
Speaker 2: Every time win dash out? When I sit in bed or on the couch, I'm like, fuck, imagine having on just curl off and but where I am in my life right now? Like I said, I can't, Like it's just not like unless I have someone that's going to look after it for me full time, yeah, then I can't.
Speaker 1: It might be a good sense of responsibility for you to have, don't you.
Speaker 2: Think it's not more or less that I'm doing activities and anything like that. It's more like just work commitments and life commitments that I need someone that will look after it. Then I don't want that jean This is Jeanne. But then I don't want the dash my dashound ready to fall in love with someone else and not me. Treat me like it's.
Speaker 1: That's so needy that he's even worried that his dog.
Speaker 2: Won't mom's sitting it. More, it might fall in love with my mum more and think of mum as it's it's one and me. Before we keep going, we need to touch on your hair and it looks okay right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, it looks terrible. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when you do that, I definitely can.
Speaker 1: So basically for context, head that's a five peg now, so for context, if you don't follow my socials. Three days before my engagement party, I was microblading my face whilst on the phone to one of my best friends, and I was like just mindlessly doing it, you know, when you're not actually paying attention, because it's just like just like a habit, Like it's just something that I needed to get done.
Speaker 2: It gets rid of the peach fuzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, peach fuzz. So any sort of like baby hair. Obviously wanted my like skin to just be like especially when you get your makeup done for like an event and all the kind of like bay hairs on your face have been like taken off. It just maybe like once a month. Like I'm not very good at it, I will. I would always do it if I had like an event coming up, because I think it just makes your makeup look really flawless. So anyway, I'm like on the phone just like mindlessly doing this, and then I get to my forehead and I slip whilst it's like on my skin. So I literally I just I don't know how it's sleep Like, don't even ask me how I did it. Like it's the wildest thing and like the last thing I would want to do before a very important milestone in my life. So I've slipped and I've literally cut my head the very like top of my forehead.
Speaker 2: So my talk literally like hair gross coming back, Like you can see the little hairs coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's literally like spiky, like like a guy has like it when they have like their beards, like stubble. Yeah, it's like stubble on my forehead now. So I normally have like a three head. We've spoken about this. I have a very small forehead. Nothing new anyway, I've I've got a forehead. Now it's gone to forehead. But like I literally I've added an extra centimeter or two to my forehead three days before my engagement party, and I was just like only I would do something like that.
Speaker 2: Did the hair fall down on the ground?
Speaker 1: It was like yeah, it was like on the blade, like it was long hair on the blade. And my hairdresser it was just like what have you done? Like because obviously for my wedding, I had like bangs, like kind of short bangs, like here at my cheekbones, and I've been growing them out so that for my wedding I can have, you know, hair that falls like long. And she's like, all that work for your wedding, but this is like so it's come back and it's like very short, but like this is gonna be like a I was about to say hair like it's gonna be bad. And I was like, do I just keep shaving it off? And she's like no, like just leave it. But then my makeup artist told me something interesting, which is that Kim Kardashian actually micro bladed her forehead and then got laser on the hair. So she's given herself a completely new forehead. Shock, I know, so random because she actually has a small forehead like me naturally.
Speaker 2: So did it on purpose.
Speaker 1: So she's done it on purpose, and now she's given herself a completely new forehead. So like her forehead right now looks like my forehead without the turf bit that I'm trying to grow back.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be so funny when it's like a couple of meal maybe a couple of.
Speaker 1: I know. So I was like, maybe I should just get laser on it and just like give myself a new forehead.
Speaker 2: Just accept it, just.
Speaker 1: Accept what's gone down. It's just pretty like full on. Like if you look up Kim Kardashian forehead before and after, there's a huge difference in her forhea actually came off. Yeah, yeah, it's like a full thing. Like I had no idea about it, and my makeup artist was trying to make me feel better. But I've been like, you actually look better, don't worry about it. And I was like, ah, should I not look good before?
Speaker 2: I'm kidding you know what I mean? Like it looks like until you showed it off, like and pulled your hair back and I could see the stubble. I can't even tell. You can't tell until you pull your hair back and you see the stubble.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's good to know. I just won't put my hair back anymore, just until the turf comes.
Speaker 2: And then i'd wear a calf.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll keep you guys updated on how that little process is going. Maybe I will do a Kim kat ash and laser it off and just you know.
Speaker 2: Get a forehead like the rest of us. Okay, So what's your weekly recommendation. Anna.
Speaker 1: Okay, so obviously been super busy with the engagement party and all the planning that I didn't have a recommendation. But John, who is here working on our podcast, actually just gave me a recommendation with photos I can confirm it's an amazing recommendation and I'm just I'm just passing it onto our wears your Head Out fan because I feel like we should all do it. If you live in Melbourne, this one's only for our visiting Melbourne or visiting Melbourne. This is for our Melbourne fam or visiting Melbourne fam. So there is an exhibition at the moment. It's called met Art World. It's in Port Melbourne and it's just this beautiful look it up. It's gorgeous. There's like the Starry Sky exhibition. There's the Candy Maze. There's lots of different rooms that you can go in and it's kind of like inspired by those like Japanese rooms that you see on socials and they're kind of like mirrors everywhere and like fairy lights and neons everywhere.
Speaker 2: And with my mates years ago on the Gold Coach, I don't know it's still there. We're up there having a boy's trip and my anxiety. I was so overstimulated in it, really, and I was like, and I was lost in there, and my mates are purposely ditching me, and I was like, ah, I know what I'm doing, so but it was fun. I'm taking away from your recommendation scoganization. I'm saying I was very stimulated in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It does look very over simulating to.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on there.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Do you mind the mirror maze?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Got lost in yourself?
Speaker 1: That was years ago now though, Yeah, I'm going to try and get down there. It's in Port Melbourne. I think it could be a fun time and like, I've never been to Japan. It's actually you know, it's been on my bucket list. I actually had flights booked to Japan pre COVID and they got canceled because of the whole perfect.
Speaker 2: Time a year right now to go Japan cherry bossom season. Yeah, I'm jealous about it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you can't get to Japan and you can get to Port Melbourne, then that's the recommendation. Met Art World check it out.
Speaker 2: My recommendation, okay, comes off the back of one that I did ages ago so well, Remember when I said I love the sauna. Yes, I love the sauna.
Speaker 1: I do love this.
Speaker 2: I go there every I spend probably forty five minutes, not in a row, on and off I go out, shower, I have a swim, go back in forty five minutes to an hour. It was like, fifty people are going there. I have a fifty percent chance. What was it we said it the other day of living longer or something. It adds it like gets rid of heart disease and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: When the longer you spend in a sauna, the less at risk of things like heart attacks you are. So it's like so good for you. Like the health benefits of going into the sauna and the longer you go in there, and like if you do it frequently, the health benefits are incredible. I really want to make a conscious effort over the coming months to start using the sauna.
Speaker 2: Well, some muppet magoo.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect it to go that way. We're gonna say it's like bliss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's amazing. But you'll understand. Poured water on into the electric box of the sauna. So I walked into the sauna, and I'm normally like you normally like when you first walk in, it's all right, like it's good, but leaning my back is the walls, like this isn't hot. And I was like everyone, this is this place is broken. This isn't working. I'm not getting what I want out of this right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting your hard sweat sweat.
Speaker 2: And there's a steamroom opposite it, and I've always found the steam room really hard to breathe in. I'm against it. So I was like, all right, well, I need to get my sweat on. So I was relying on this song if I needed it to unwind. So I went into the steam room and it was unreal steam with eucalyptos oil or some guy brought youucalyptos oil and was like spraying it around and it just cleared all my So I was getting this sweat on, and I was cleaning out all my insides, all my like like nostrils and all that, opening it all up. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: My god. If producer Alex is listening to this she currently is in bed with a cold, that could be a good little helper. Apparently it's going around sitting at the moment she was saying that, and hopefully it doesn't come to Melbourne, it will probably well, and if it does, go to the sea steamroom and clear clear.
Speaker 2: It was unbelievable, the old fashioned thing, wasn't it. Like you put your soil and boiling water and you put the cloth over the bowl of water. That's literally the same thing, but you're in more of like a getting a full body sweat on it at the same time. Love it, I love it. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: You're actually really tempting me to go.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm all as soon as I'm out of here, my meetings are done for today. I'm going straight to the Sauner. Hopefully it's fixed.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, Well, on that note, let's jump into our hotline.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 2: We can't get to the phone right now.
Speaker 1: But please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 2: Okay. Our first hot line comes in from Jamie.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, having an engagement party time.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Engagement party story. When I got engaged about my engagement party, my uncle got way too drunk and spent most of the night in the bathroom at the knew, just spewing. But when things, he wouldn't let anyone help him accept my fiance, so no one could help him accept my fiance, and the things they were even close. I kid went my uncle once but for some gras and my uncle just wouldn't let anyone else in there except him.
Speaker 1: So eventually we got him out of the.
Speaker 5: Bathroom and my uncle's wife got him in and they got in an.
Speaker 1: Uber and went home.
Speaker 5: But it was just your ast bizarre, ridiculous thing. So I guess I hope nothing that that happens at your engagement party. And I don't know drunk uncles taking Michael away for half the night. That sounds bad, but anyway, I hope he had a great time. And that's my engagement party story.
Speaker 1: Bye, guys, Thanks Jamie, Thanks Jamie. Did you wow?
Speaker 2: Do you have any drunk uncles? Are yours?
Speaker 1: No? You know what, No one actually like did anything too wild, as in like norm was vomiting that I know of.
Speaker 2: I vomtaged when I got home. I told you, I took my hand full of vitamins as I walked in the door. Oh that's right, and they just went down and they just like no I'm not staying around here, and then came straight back after.
Speaker 1: Why would your vitamins want to be in a fucking stomach full of like alcohol for all spirits.
Speaker 2: And for cecco. So they were just like, nope, we're coming back up, and I was like, I was, that's so again. Yeah, yeah a second, did you They stayed down the second time, so well.
Speaker 1: You actually ended up getting them down.
Speaker 2: Do what you gotta do as well, healthy healthy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound like the best for Jamie's fiance. That does not sound good.
Speaker 2: Well, Michael would have been good. If one of your uncles was drunk, he would have helped him, held their hair back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: I was talking to a drunk uncle. It was Scottish lost twenty something kilos.
Speaker 1: Lost twenty kilos, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Scottish, one of the Yeah, and I was talking to him for a bit. People were going around drunk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone like everyone was up and about. Everyone was like happy, but no one was like vomiting or like, you know, messy. Poor Jamie. Thank god that didn't happen at mine.
Speaker 2: Our next callert is Anonymous.
Speaker 3: Hi and Matt Love the Pod, just calling in with my crazy engagement story. Well, it was my friend's engagement party. Basically, she planned to have a surprise wedding at her engagement party.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to do that.
Speaker 1: Really, we're all.
Speaker 3: So excited and like planned out. It was going to be amazing. And then as soon as she and her fielance announced that it was actually a surprise wedding, his ex who was there because they were still friends. So my friend said, yeah, you can invite her, his ex just burst into tears.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So she ended up leaving the party early because she was just so embarrassed. But yeah, it was my friend took it on the chin, like she's really chilled.
Speaker 1: But it was wild.
Speaker 2: Okay, is wild exes at if you're still friends ex'es at engagement parties and weddings? Yes or no?
Speaker 1: I think no.
Speaker 2: I think yes if you're still friends. Yeah, if you're friends.
Speaker 1: How close friends are you? Like, it's just I get being friends, but like, I wouldn't have my ex at my engagement party.
Speaker 2: Do you have Michael's excess?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's necessary. I know that's a strong no from it. I mean I'm not going to even act like I would be cool with it. Absolutely not fuck that I can.
Speaker 2: I know that they're an extra reason. I think that my I'm friendly with a lot of my exes, that they could be there. I don't think they would walk away crying. I obviously it would always hurt to see your ex get with. Don't you reckon? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Actually I have a story, but I'm like, do I tell it?
Speaker 2: Is it about you me?
Speaker 1: No, it happened to me, so I once, fuck do I tell this story? So basically, I went to a house party once of like a guy who I used to see.
Speaker 2: How long is this dating back at the house party?
Speaker 1: This is like fuck, it would be like twenty eighteen, maybe twenty seventeen, even years ago. Yeah. So anyway, I went to a house party with him with my then boyfriend, and halfway through the night, he was like, hey, can I talk to you? And I was like yeah, and he was like, hey, I just want to let you know that I'm about to.
Speaker 2: Propose at the house party.
Speaker 1: At the house party because it was a surprise proposal, and I was like oh okay, and he's like yeah, I just wanted to like make sure you that you're okay with it, and I was like yeah, Like that's sign I've got a boyfriend, now you've got a new girlfriend. Like all as well, Like.
Speaker 2: It's fine, you congratulated him.
Speaker 1: Of course I was there for the proposal, like he proposed in front of everyone, But the fact that before pre proposal he pulled me aside to make sure I would be okay with it. I was like, if I was your then fiance, I would not be okay with that.
Speaker 2: Like I was about to say what a nice guy. Everyone's like, what.
Speaker 1: Was I going to say? No, I'm not okay with it, Like like why did you invite me to a house party?
Speaker 2: You yeah, okay, yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Why would you invite me to a house party where you're going to propose if like you have some sort of qualm about it and have to like pre warn me, Like maybe he thought I was gonna burst out crying, but I definitely wasn't. It's funny though, because have you heard.
Speaker 2: Him when you dumped him and he's like, i'll get her back here.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting because six months later I actually became single and I saw him out at the club and he was like, I waited for like five years for you to be single, and then I've just gone and proposed and you've become single, and you've become single, what the fuck? And I was like, probably, I don't know if you should be engaged if that's train of thought.
Speaker 2: So that's probably not. But I thought that you guys are going to do maybe a surprise wedding. I don't know why. Michael said something in his speech and then for a split second I was like.
Speaker 1: Huh, really people said that he.
Speaker 2: Said something in his speech that at the start that made it sounded like it was going to be that.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, would you have been very surprised because you'd be like, surely Adam.
Speaker 2: Would have told me I just knowing you've got your heart set on Greats and you've booked a place, like.
Speaker 1: What you're like, what I'm not going to greet yea?
Speaker 2: What is Greek still on? Or not? What's going on there?
Speaker 1: Mentally checked into my.
Speaker 2: I've already got like yeah, I'm already there, so what's going on? That's what I would have been more sugar about, but not the actual like I think it would be like he would have been romantic to do that and then have another one for a close, close family in Greece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, But anyway, back to our hotline, I'm glad that she was so chill because I think if if I at my engagement party had been like it's a surprise wedding and then like someone burst out crying, I wouldn't be thrilled because then it's just like damn the whole note a little bit. Yeah, it kind of puts.
Speaker 2: Like a bit of all people crying at a wedding out of sadness and crying out of half time.
Speaker 1: Yah, it's a bit of a buzzkill. And then it also is kind of like highlighting that they still very much have strong feelings for your partner, which is not a good feeling. And then like I think for me, I would be wondering, like, well, how is he he feeling about the fact that his exes has just burst out crying? You know what I mean? Like is that affecting him in any way? I want him to be in the happiest possible place because we are about to get married, and then he's probably in the back of his.
Speaker 2: Mind being like, oh shit, because they would be friends if she's invited to that. Yeah, engagement slash wedding a good right very awkward. Yeah, I mean probably don't go there if you're going to still cry if that happens. And you know what I mean, but I feel like everyone would cry seeing like not cry, but you know, have a bit of sadness, no matter how over their x are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you know, if you're like, you know what I mean, you'd be like, oh, good for them.
Speaker 1: I mean, if Joshua was getting married, I just feel like, okay, cool, same a couple of my we were talking about specific specific people.
Speaker 2: Let you know that you're like, oh yeah, okay, Yeah, we have to go our own ways for like, you know, just sort of things like, yeah, how are my exes if they were getting married? If you like, what's wrong with the guy? I would put him over my shoulder and run run him too a safe place. Yeah, mate, don't do this, you foll FU. You're coming with me?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, that's all we have time for on today's Hotline. Just a reminder that we want to hear from you guys, So send any story times, questions, advice, or t or any topic at all to our Instagram or Where's your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on our episode. Our producer Alex will be in touch and also make sure you give us a five star rating. If you do give us a five star rating, we are going to give away tease in two weeks time. Send us a DM at Where's your Head out Pod after you've done it, with your name so that we can find you, because we realize can't find you. Guys. If you've given us a review, send us a DM and we'll be giving one lucky person some merch.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, and as we see you next week, thank you,