Speaker 1: Live on Sky News Australia. This is to Nika Di Giorgio.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the show coming up tonight. Nationals MP's lash out at Barnaby Joyce as he mulls a possible defection to one nation. I'll be joined by Deputy Nationals Leader Kevin Hogan and Liberal Senator just Center Nampajim for price Muslim groups wants the definition of terrorism change to exclude religion and ideology. Do they just want us to ignore when phrases like aluakba are shouted during a terror attack.
Speaker 3: I'll have my say on.
Speaker 2: This shortly, and a royal author makes a startling revenue of a relation that Princess Diana would still be alive today had it not been for the infamous Martin.
Speaker 3: Basher BBC interview.
Speaker 2: I'll go live to London for the latest for first tonight Today. The Nationals are broken as the fallout from the resignation of the man who's been the party's heart and soul, Barnaby Joyce, continues and they're pulling out all the stocks, it seems, to try and reel him back in. Matt Canavan retweeted this video today by the young Nationals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not so sure Barnaby.
Speaker 2: Joyce will turn around and say I was wrong and I just can't live without you anytime soon, that's for sure. But the angle within the party is palpable. One by one, Nationals lined up today to criticize their now former colleague as he mulls over his future and a likely defection to One Nation.
Speaker 4: Barnaby has turned his back on the party that gave him the great honor and privilege of leading us three times. That sadly is an indictment on his legacy.
Speaker 5: I think if he actually went to another party, he would absolutely trash his reputation and his legacy. He would be betraying everyone that voted for him as a National, everyone that voted for him as a National on the Senate ticket in Queensland back in two thousand and four elections. So there's a whole lot of betrayal going if he turns his back not on just the Parliamentary Party here in Canberra, but on the National Party by joining another political movement.
Speaker 6: Barnaby made his decision yesterday and look, he's demonstrated by his actions that he doesn't want to be part of the team anymore. Unfortunately, politics is a team sport. Barnaby always wants to be captain, but he's decided he's not going to be part of the Nationals team going forward.
Speaker 2: Well, if the Nationals was a sport, Barnaby just got a permanent red card. His announcement is a problem for the Nationals. Barnaby Joyce is mister popular in regional Australia, a genuine advocate for that community.
Speaker 3: The Nationals have now lost Barnaby.
Speaker 2: Joyce just sent to Nampa jimper Price, who I will speak to later in the show, as well as Andrew g.
Speaker 3: Who quit over the voice.
Speaker 2: Albeit, of course, Barnaby has had his fair share of desire, ustrous and embarrassing moments. I'm lying drunk on a camera footpath being one of them. But you can't say this man is inauthentic. In my view, he's one of the most authentic politicians in this country. He says it like it is and he truly loves the regions. That perhaps is why if he does go to one nation. I think he and Pauline Hanson are a force, a dynamic duo, two authentic politicians, two Aussies who put Australia first, put our values first and come up with no nonsense policies. And of course One Nation is riding in the polls right now, and there will be Nationals voters who would choose One Nation thanks to Barnaby's advocacy should he head up the one Nation Senate ticket for New South Wales. But some Nationals, though, are not giving up hope, saying the door for Barnaby to return is still open.
Speaker 7: Look, it's also not the tragedy a lot of us feared. He hasn't joined another party yet, Barnaby, so I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep trying out a.
Speaker 3: Look, we'll see how it all pans out.
Speaker 7: I don't think anything's in concrete yet, but I'm sure he'll let us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Barnaby Joyce seemed pretty firm in his decision to quit, blaming a breakdown in relations with Nationals leader David Little Proud, and he reiterated that to my colleague Andrew Bolt last night, what.
Speaker 8: Does one Nation offer you that the Nationals do not.
Speaker 9: Well? I think that the big issue is that my relationship with the leadership of the Nationals in the House, the House Representatives had he reply broken down as they say about some marriages, and it was becoming sort of dysfunctional, and I was believing that I was turning into a bit more of a bitter person.
Speaker 2: The question for the Nationals to consider now, could more have been done to keep Barnaby Joyce?
Speaker 3: Now? Look, he wanted a spot on the front bench.
Speaker 2: He didn't get it, and politics as an adults game, you can't just throw the toys out of the cot when you don't get your way. But realistically, his career in that party is done. It seemed as though it was over ages ago. He was even relegated during this year's election.
Speaker 9: During the campaign, I was asked basically not to campaign for the Nationals and after when there's a reorganization, that says buries of generational change.
Speaker 2: So if the party was so desperate for generational change, then why the shock, anger and surprise. Now that he's left and is considering his future. Can you blame him? I mean, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Even former Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack said more should have been done to keep him on side.
Speaker 4: I think we could have and should have done more to try and keep Barnaby in the tent, and I think that should have happened from the top. But David did say to me yesterday that he had tried a ninety second conversation. Was that enough? Probably not?
Speaker 2: So now we will see. Does Barnaby Joyce still have it in him? I think he does. The question is where does he sit silently as an independent on the cross bench. Does he leave politics altogether, or does he go to one nation, get a more prominent role and maybe just maybe even become leader of that party one day.
Speaker 3: I think we know where it's heading.
Speaker 2: The Australian Human Rights Commission is once again proving what a useless prop of an organization it is. It has become the United Nations of Australia, so entrenched in woke ideology and motivated by radical politics. I was baffled this morning to read in the Australian newspaper that the Commission is now joining a push to change the definition of terrorism in this country. The Commission wants religion to no longer count as a motivation for terrorist acts, while fifteen Muslim groups want both religion and ideology to no longer count. So let me just break this down these groups think that all it takes is to change the definition of terrorism and that would just magically solve all the issues associated with terror. Do they just want us to ignore when religious phrases like Allah Akbar and Allah is the Greatest and so on are shouted before.
Speaker 3: During, and after a terror attack.
Speaker 2: Now, this change would mean that if a jihadi was indeed inspired by radical Islam and goes on a killing spree or too bad, not terror, we'll just call it another incident and swiftly move on nothing at all.
Speaker 3: To do with religion. In its submission to the Independent.
Speaker 2: National Security Legislation Monitor, the groups led by the Australian Muslim Advocacy Network argue that the current laws disproportionately target their communities. It says the persistence of this association between Islam and terrorism in official discourse, whether through prosecutions, political statements, all legislative design, has lent credibility to the false and dangerous notion that Islam itself is.
Speaker 3: A source of violence.
Speaker 2: Well thirteen of the sixteen terrorist attacks in Australia since twenty fourteen were religiously motivated, and according to ASIO, twelve were driven by Islamist violent extremism, and that's a fact. It's certainly not disproportionate. Our laws are not disproportionate to one community when the bulk of evidence points to one pocket of a community. Now, of course, the majority of Muslims live peacefully in this country and would not interpret the Quran or other sacred religious texts as any form of incitement or j had. But Islamic extremism is incompatible with Western democracies, so too extreme Islamic preaching also incompatible with Western democracies. Now, we can't just dance around this and change the laws because it makes people feel better.
Speaker 3: It actually requires those groups.
Speaker 2: Which are calling for said change to come out and denounce every terror attack which has been motivated by radical Islam, whether it be in Australia or overseas, every single one, how.
Speaker 3: Many of these Muslim groups actually do.
Speaker 2: In September, in Manchester, a man by the name of Jihad al Chami drove a car into pedestrians outside a synagogue and then proceeded to stab them, with two Jews being killed in the terror attack. The Australian Muslim Advocacy Network is spearheading this terror law change, Yet I am yet to find any evidence that a statement was made by this group in the wake of Manchester. And secondly, it also requires Muslim groups to denounce literal interpretation of Versus in sacred texts that call for jihad. Take the Sahi Bukhari, for example, which says quote Allah's messenger said, the hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews. And the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say, Oh, Muslim, there is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him. Now many Muslims would argue those passages are not a command or an incitement, rather a prediction, but this disproportionate argument by these fifteen groups does.
Speaker 3: Not stack up.
Speaker 2: The Australian is also reporting that Anglican organizations supported changes to remove religion as a form of terrorist motivation in solidarity.
Speaker 3: With Muslim groups. Now this is truly, truly extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Has the Anglican Church forgotten that almost a dozen members of a Kenyan Anglican church were murdered by Al Shabab militants in twenty fourteen in two attacks, including one when a bus traveling to Nairobi was stopped by terrorists who bought it and asked each passenger to take a faith test. Anyone who failed to recite Quran versus was shot. And then, of course there's the useless Australian Human Rights Commission, which ought to be defunded, warning that linking religion and terrorism stigmatizes faith groups.
Speaker 3: So it's all about a perception, all.
Speaker 2: About feels, people's feelings, hurt feelings, not at all about shootings, stabbings, mass murders, beheadings, kidnappings, rape, torture, the countless number of innocent victims around the world, many in the name of radical Islam and Allah akba. But we will all just pretend and make it all go away by changing our.
Speaker 3: Laws just because it feels like the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: It will put us all at risk and only inspire those who seek us harm, especially those whose values are incompatible with ours and incompatible with a Western democracy. Now let's hope Labor shuts this down immediately. All will the Prime Minister call for another Islamophobia review to save face. Victoria is in the middle of a crime crisis, has record debt services are a breaking point, and just sent to Allen's priority is all wrong again, starts with treaty and now she's embarking on an apology tour to the Stolen Generation. The Premier has called an extraordinary sitting of Parliament for next month to make another apology to Victoria's Indigenous population.
Speaker 3: This will be the fourth.
Speaker 2: Apology to Indigenous Australians in the state four because of course one wasn't enough. The special sitting of Parliament will be convened on December nine, where Premier just Into Alan will make a formal apology to First Nations Victorians, acknowledging practices that led to systemic injustices, dispossession, displacement and violence. The first apology was issued by former Premier Jeff Kennett in nineteen ninety seven. Just Into Allen apologized in February last year to Victorian children who were abused while in state care between nineteen twenty eight and nineteen ninety a number.
Speaker 3: Of whom were Indigenous.
Speaker 2: In October last year, she issued an in person apology to those eligible for the Stolen Generation's reparations package and never deterred.
Speaker 3: The Premier is.
Speaker 2: Doing it as agreed to as part of the state's treaty and why four you ask well? According to Jacinta Alan, we are addressing the systemic injustices of the past to build a better future for all Victorians, grounded in mutual respect and understanding. Now notice this all Victorians lingo that she keeps using what's in it for all Victorians because just like the treaty, it only serves to accommodate the sixty five thousand in the state who identify as Aboriginal, not the seven million.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Denying Wrongdoo's wrongdoings were made. Bad things happened many, many years ago.
Speaker 3: But why is up to Justin.
Speaker 2: To Alan to make apologies on behalf of all Victorians for something all Victorians had nothing to do with under the guise of making life better for all Victorians.
Speaker 3: And where does it end?
Speaker 2: I mean the treaty was only signed into law two weeks ago and formerly comes into effect next month, and already changes are happening.
Speaker 3: It's the Victorian taxpayer who is going.
Speaker 2: To cop the repercussions everyday, hard working citizens who've done nothing wrong but are being made out to be the enemy and as the people responsible for any injustice so.
Speaker 3: That the premier can feel good about her self.
Speaker 2: This is race based politics and it is not out of the realms of possibility to say that compensation is next, and what exactly is this latest.
Speaker 3: Apology going to achieve?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's been seventeen years since Kevin Wright issued this national apology.
Speaker 10: For the pain, suffering and hurt of these stolen generations, their descendants and for their families left behind, we say sorry.
Speaker 2: And what has actually changed since that moment? Because the outcomes for Aboriginal Australians are the same, if not worse. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander prisoners account for thirty seven percent of all persons in custody. Indigenous people are fifteen to twenty times more likely than non Indigenous people to commit violent offenses. They are more likely to leave school earlier than non Indigenous Australians, are more likely to die earlier.
Speaker 3: So again, what has actually changed?
Speaker 2: Victorian labour can keep going on this divisive path with treaty and now another apology, but the more it talks about it, the less time is being spent on the ground closing the gap. It's all symbolic for Jesinta Allen because if this upcoming apology was truly about substance and meaningful change, then why has almost one hundred and seventy million dollars been allocated in the twenty twenty five twenty six state budget for Aboriginal services across health, education, housing and other programs. And that's on top of the seven hundred and forty seven million dollars spent in the twenty twenty two twenty three financial year alone on those programs. How about Jainta Allen start making life better for all Victorians and actually tackle issues that impact all Victorians like crime.
Speaker 3: And I'll catch up with Warren Mandine on this shortly.
Speaker 2: And don't forget Jonathan Lees out of Control Victoria's Crime Crisis Special, which airs at seven thirty pm Australian Eastern daylight time this Sunday. Let's get into it now. Joining me is National's Deputy leader Kevin Hogan. Kevin, good to have you back on the show. Thanks for joining me. Let's start with Barnaby Joyce. Should the Nationals have done more to keep him in the party.
Speaker 8: Well, look, some may say that, Danika, and they may be right, they may be wrong. Look, I'm very sad to see Barnaby go. I don't think anything anyone would have said would have changed that. A lot of people have spoken to him. I had a few quick chats with him over the last few weeks as well. He said he wanted time and space to make his decision. Ran into him at church on Sunday last Sunday and Canberra, so I'm at the gym this week. It was always civil, it was always respectful. I was always asking him how he was, how the boys were. I had no personal crimina recrimination against him. I think it was quite obvious Daneka that he doesn't like where he sits in the chamber, and that's what this was about.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, he was blaming very pertinently leadership on his decision that in particular, I'm David little proud. When you spoke to him over the last few weeks, did you offer him reasons to stay?
Speaker 8: No, it was just look, he'd asked for time and space, you know. And so I was just always respectful and always just chatting about how things were and what was happening generally in life, as you would, as any respectful person would. But you know this is I mean, one of my colleagues said today, you know, it's like when someone says they want to break up with you and they need time and space to make the decision. You don't ring them every day either about it, because that's not how they want to operate this. But look, I like Barnaby personally. He's been a really important part of the National's Party family over the last twenty years. The party room elected him to be leader twice, which gave him the deputy Prime Minister twice. I am disappointed and said that he's left. I'm especially sad for the local members who've supported him over many, many decades. But look, he made it quite obvious to Meka.
Speaker 9: This is no.
Speaker 8: Secret about this. He left because he doesn't like where he sits in the chamber and that was that.
Speaker 2: I want to play you a little bit of what National Senator Matt Canavan said to my colleague Shari last night.
Speaker 3: Have a listen to this.
Speaker 7: We have now lost three members of the party room to defections, and we lost a senator at the last election as well, and so that's almost a fifth of our room gone in the last few years. And look, to lose one member of your team to defection could be misfortune, as Oscar Wilde would say, lose another might be carelessness. But to lose a third now just looks like recklessness. We can't keep losing people.
Speaker 2: Blaming the leadership, blaming David Proud, You're blaming David.
Speaker 7: It's incumbent. It's incumbent on the leaders in particular. I've spoken to former leaders of the party about this, and it's a lot hurting cats in this place obviously, and a lot of things that go on that you and the public wouldn't even know about.
Speaker 2: Kevin, I mean, the point you keep losing people, is that a reflection on the leadership.
Speaker 8: Look, I think you know, you could certainly say that Barnaby said he has issues with David, but look, Barnaby had issues with Michael McCormack when he was leader as well, and I make that point. But look with Andrew g. Andrew G left the party because he did not agree with the position of the Nationals on the voice. We said no to the voice. Andrew g left the Nationals party room because he did not agree with our collective decision on the voice and just said to left and as quite well articulated why she left. She wants to be the prime minister. She couldn't be the prime minister with the Nationals. She wanted to join the Liberal because she had further ambition. So I don't think that reflects on David's leadership. But look, you know i'd make this point too when you're talking about leadership. Deni kas we landed net zero under David's leadership in a unanimous position. We led the Voice Opposition to the Voice, the first political entity in Australia to do that. Under David's leadership, he has strong support in the room. Albeit I understand that some people Barnaby is disgrunted where he sits in the chamber.
Speaker 3: How would you feel if he does go to One.
Speaker 8: Nation, Well, that would hurt. I mean, I'd be very disappointed if he went with One Nation. Look, you know, we all understand if you know you got demoted at a job, no one's happy about that. We understand when people get demoted. It happens in politics, happens in normal business life as well any workplace environment. I understand Barnaby's disappointment about this, but I'd make this as Michael McCormack has. Michael McCormack has been Leader of the National Party. Michael McCormack has been Deputy Prime Minister as well. He's still a member of the Nationals and still sitting in the chamber.
Speaker 2: Before we let you go, I just want to ask you about Labour's environmental laws that pass Parliament this morning with the help of the Greens. I know that you were there as it went through. What does it mean now, Donika?
Speaker 8: I think this is I think is a really sad day for Australia's economic future. I mean they were all sharing a great celebration today, Denika, between the Labor and the Greens. It was almost a group hug between Sarah Hanson Young came over the chamber of the Greens MP in the House of Reps. It was like a big loving between Labor and the Greens this morning in the House of Reps. A disaster for our economic future. Why do I say that so many coal companies, so many gas producers and energy producers in this country are now saying if the laws it got passed today were in place when they were trying to get their projects up in the last few years or decades, those projects wouldn't have got up. And I say right now, just gasing coal alone produce over two hundred billion dollars a year and ext board income. It's funding things like Medicare. It funds things like Indie ice, the royalties and the taxes that those company and people and work in those industries pay. And this has been an econ. We won't see it tomorrow, we might not see it for the next year or two, but over time this is going to do great economic damage to our country.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely a disaster.
Speaker 2: What an end to the final parliamentary sitting week of the year. A lot of reflection to come, no doubt. Kevin Hogan, good to have you back on the show. Thanks very much for joining me.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: Spoke about just into Allan's Victorian apology tour to the Stolen Generation as she recalls Parliament for a special sitting next month to say sorry again. This is the fourth apology in the state. Indigenous leader and business businessman Warren Mundane joins me. Now at Warren, thanks so much for joining me. What is this apology actually going to do to improve the lives of Indigenous Australians and help close the gap?
Speaker 11: It's going to do, sweet buger all. I'm actually really angry with politicians and they go out there and they do these merely about things. We're really sorry for this, sorry for that doing this putting up legislations and treaty and everything, not going to do anything for Abriiginal people's lives. And tell you what, Senna Allan should be apologizing to the people of Victoria and about how she's destroyed the state and centered backwards. That's what she should be really apologizing and actually do her job to get it back on track again.
Speaker 12: I look, I'm just sick of them that.
Speaker 11: You know, you look at the closing the gap every year doesn't change. Sometimes it gets even worse, and you just think, well, they're spending all this money, they're going around doing all these tours saying ook, I'm really sorry about this, and I'm really sorry about that means sweet bugger.
Speaker 2: Or because I mean I mentioned earlier in the show. I mean you look at what happened after Kevin Rudd said sorry that the national sorry. But the outcomes for Aboriginal Australians haven't improved since then, and in fact, in some instances they've actually gotten worse. So why are politicians like Justinto Allen still carrying on this narrative when nothing is changing?
Speaker 11: And also they're spending all this money and all these trips and look, I just come back for a two week tour of regional Australia and looking at different communities where the large Aboriginal populations, and you'd be really surprised about some of the towns. They've got about two thousand Aborigins in that town, or seven hundred.
Speaker 12: Aborigins in that town.
Speaker 11: They've got forty to seventy organizations been funded to fix the problem in each of those towns. So you're looking at at least thirteen million dollars a year are going into these places, and you'd sit there and go, what's it done? In fact, a lot of these places are going backwards. You know, we just saw you know in your south West, Northern Territory, Western Australia and Queensland where we've got all this youth crime and all these issues that are happening, and even in Victoria, all these problems that are happening in Victoria, and they're just carrying on as if you know, the world's honky dory. We just got this an apology, you know, twice a few dollars to this set up some organization that DIDs millions of dollars and nothing changes.
Speaker 3: And that's the sad part. I want to ask you about reparations.
Speaker 2: Almost seventy million has been paid now in Victoria to survivors of the Stolen Generation. So reparations have been paid to six hundred and eighty three Victorians so far. Hundreds more applications are being processed, so payments of up to one hundred thousand can be sought.
Speaker 3: Is this fair on the taxpayer?
Speaker 11: He Look, I've got to declare an interest in this as well, because I was with the law firm some of the court cases, like in Queensland and Northern Churchilly in Wa. So I'll declare that up front. Look, there are cases where people how the operation happened, it was dreadful, what happened to people, that it happened to white people and that non indigenous people and that as well in that period of time and some terrible things happened. Some things were done because it was fair di income that needed to protect kids and things like that. Look, so my thing is they've got the fund set up, They've done it. That's the end of the story.
Speaker 12: No more, no more.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, let's just say it just seems like the taxpayer could be up for more.
Speaker 11: I'm not surprised they're going to come back.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a thing now, you know, and it's on the Victorian taxpayer before we'll let you go. The University of Newcastle is going to be receiving more than five hundred thousand dollars in a grant. This is for culturally respectful and environmentally responsible space exploration. It's an interstellar indigenous policy. Money well spent, and you're you, what do you think?
Speaker 12: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's interstellar indigenous policy inspired by dream time stories.
Speaker 11: Well, like, gee, that's a bloody lot of money. I don't mind having, you know, some sort of looking at religious and ancient stories.
Speaker 12: And stuff like that. That's fine.
Speaker 11: We do that with Greece, we do that with the Roman Empire. We do all that type of stuff. But you know, what's this culture respectful and environmentally responsible space exploration. I think this is just public service, academic bobbly talk, whatever it does.
Speaker 12: What does that mean much?
Speaker 11: You just say, oh, we're going to look at stories of the of the sky and the stars and that. From from an Aboriginal perspective, I just think.
Speaker 2: It's more labor government spending that needs to really be more wasted.
Speaker 11: Your money and where they should should be out there actually getting people into jobs, getting indeed ocation and dealing with the crime rate.
Speaker 2: This is what it all comes down to. It's closing the gap and these are not outcomes that close the gap one one day, we've got to leave it there. Good to have you back on the show. Thanks joining me. Thank you so much for your five stay with us after the break on your third of the nation's public service turns up to the office five days a week, just talking about spending there, get labors oversea to a record twenty five percent increase in bureaucrats that are more with my panel next, welcome back. I spoke earlier about how the Human Rights Commission is joining a push to change the definition of terrorism. The Commission wants religion to no longer count as a motivation for terror acts, while fifteen Muslim groups want both religion and ideology to no longer count. Joining me now out for more on this is new South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahalic can form a new.
Speaker 3: South Wales Police Minister.
Speaker 2: David Elliott, hello again, good to see you both.
Speaker 3: David will start with you.
Speaker 2: You are the first Minister for Counter Terrorism in New South Wales. What's your response to this proposal?
Speaker 13: Well, this is just ridiculous because the whole phoinition of extremism is people who have ideological and religious views that are beyond the pale or beyond what a reasonable or a sensible person would consider is appropriate. And I mean, and if the Islamic community thinks this is an attack on them, well, I mean, the IRA proved that you don't have to. You know, even Christians can be extremists. You only have to travel around the subcontinent of India and Sri Lanka and see the and see the battles that have occurred in the name of their religion in Sri Lanka and southern India and of course the border of and of course the border regions of Pakistan and India as well. So I think we need to be we need to be very very careful about not demonizing a religion because there are extremists, because every religion has an extremist. But we have to be very very mature and we have to accept the fact that there are groups out there. I mean, the iron isis stands for Islamic, yes, so we cannot walk away from that. And we need to make sure that we work with the with the mainstream Islamic community and say to them, you've got just as much of a role as government does in calling out what is a dangerous interpretation of your faith.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and that's exactly what I was saying earlier on in the program as well.
Speaker 2: Tania, what are the ramifications that if religion was to be taken off the table when it comes to tackling terror, well.
Speaker 1: It would change the definition of Terrorist Act in this entirety if it was removed. I actually have some confidence with Michelle Roland Hower Attorney General. I actually read her speech when they announced this review and the Independent National Services Security Legislation Monitor made the announcement. She did a speech. I felt her speech was very proportionate. I felt she made it clear that she wanted to balance safety. Yes, civil liberties are an issue, but safety was paramount. I felt very confident in her speech. The ag submission does not suggest change. ASIA is not suggesting change. No change, defact, no change. So all the Australian agencies are saying there shouldn't be any change to the definition of Terrorist Act. The Human Rights Commission, of course have proposed to remove religion, as has Victorian Human Rights Commission. I want to make an interesting note. New South Wales have made a submission confidential, but I assumed that it would be in line with the Australian government. Interestingly, Victorian government hasn't. So the only agency that made a submission for Victoria was a Human Rights commission asking for a change. So I would have expected Victorian government, given they've had terrorist incidences in Victoria, would have actually made a submission.
Speaker 2: To this extraordinary and also what a useless prop the Australian Human Rights Commission is.
Speaker 3: They don't know what a woman is. Now they want to change the definition of terror.
Speaker 2: It just goes on and on, and I just think that should be completely disfunded.
Speaker 3: Defunded now this is extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Labor launched what it's calling an austerity drive you might recall in the public service this week with hundreds of jobs to go because it's run out of your money. It's spent itself silly and don't forget it demonized Peter Dutton for promising to slash the public service during the election and now it's done a copy and paste job. But now we find out that only a third of the nation's public service turns up to the office five days a week. In fact, full time office attendance is as low as one in.
Speaker 3: Ten in some government agencies.
Speaker 2: David, you know, labor has overseen a twenty five percent increase in the public service. That's a record, and staff aren't even rocking up to the office.
Speaker 13: You know, this is a typical socialist approach to the economy. We just tax the bejetss out of everybody and try to buy votes in the public sector, and then, of course close to the election, scare the public sector into voting labor because they think that the nasty Tories are going to take their jobs away. We just can't afford it. And as Margaret that just said, the problem with socialism is you run out of you run out of other people's money to give away. But my concern about working from home is not necessarily the fact that people get into a position where they're that they have that flexibility. The private sector does it as well as the public sector. But there is the idea of parity and the idea of fairness. And if you've got one section of the working economy getting up at eight o'clock in the morning and wandering downstairs with their pajama pants still on, And.
Speaker 3: How do you do that?
Speaker 2: You cannot justify it. And there's a record amount of government spending as it.
Speaker 13: Is right now.
Speaker 3: I just I don't think you can justify it. And how is it responsible to you?
Speaker 1: Well, it's not responsible when business investment is down in productivity is down in Australia, we know that. And it's not responsible when you're draining resources away from the private sector because people look at the wages. Wages are much higher in the public sector. There are so many jobs, the conditions.
Speaker 3: Are great because you could work from home, of course, and that's taking away.
Speaker 1: The resources that we need in the private sector where we really desperately need that investment to pick up our economy. That's the really big issue I have to say. Katie Gallagher did announce a five percent efficiency savings at the beginning of the week and which we thought would include job.
Speaker 14: Cuts, but then the week she's walked back on that. I really disappointed that she's walked back.
Speaker 3: Was a great announcement, was positive austerity drive.
Speaker 2: Yes, and now you know and discipline she said, never never, David. One of my favorite parts of our week. Your column in the Daily Telegraph about Christmas. What makes a silly season special?
Speaker 3: In your view?
Speaker 13: Well, how to get a lot of things up my chest, particularly.
Speaker 3: Che Mariah Carey.
Speaker 13: I'm not a Mariah. I don't despise her, but I think I think it creates a lot of fights in most offices. I'm working out how much is an appropriate level of Mariah Carey songs. But you know I can. I still find it difficult to get excited about Christmas lights.
Speaker 12: Of course, because i'm.
Speaker 13: Personally because I've nearly eletrocuted myself so many times.
Speaker 5: I can't meet the demand yourself.
Speaker 3: What are you I found of Mariah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I can't go anything, but I'm looking forward to Christmas carols.
Speaker 3: I love, love the lights.
Speaker 1: And no I'm not into Turkey either, but you know, like the on the seventh of January, two Christmases, I just enjoyed Christmas.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, we've only got a couple of weeks left before Christmas, and we'll look forward to you your column next week. Entice us. With this time, we're excited.
Speaker 13: Next week will be will be the way that life proceeds. It will be as a working progress. All of those things that we do in life that that changes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Tan, you're and I already and where we are both excited. Great to have you on as always, David Elli, Jayle have it the weekend. Thanks for joining me. Coming up after the break, Senator to center. Napajiba Price joins me. Plus Princess Diana will still be alive today had it not been for the infamous Martin Basheer BBC interview.
Speaker 3: That's according to a royal author. I'll go live to London for the latest.
Speaker 2: From the UK now, where young workers are fleeing Labour's high tax Britain with under thirty fives, leading a near record exodus from the country.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ten thousand British.
Speaker 2: People age sixteen to thirty four emigrated in the year to June, accounting for two thirds of all departing Britons. Joining me now is News Corp Europe correspondent and Sky News contributor Sophie Elsworth.
Speaker 3: SOPHI, nice to see you.
Speaker 2: The UK is just too expensive, clearly under the Kiostarma labor government.
Speaker 15: Great to be with you, Juanika. Yes, that does seem to be the case because as we have seen those numbers out yesterday here in the UK show huge amount of young Britains leaving the country. It's very expensive the cost of living here, as we often hear in the media, and there's other issues like the national insurance rates have gone up. Also, Denika, there's concern about the minimum wage rise here that was announced by the government, which while it might be a good thing for young Britain's, it also results in fewer jobs, they're saying in the commentary here, because it's a burden on employers. So there's many moving parts here that have made it less desirable for young Britains to live here. So as a result, they're fleeing and many deaneka are coming to Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look, I'm not surprised, but I just wonder, you know, we heading in the same direction because it's certainly certainly tax very.
Speaker 3: Highly here too.
Speaker 2: Now you have got a fantastic exclusive today. You've spoken with British journalist Andy Webb about the scandalous cover up by the BBC, of course, after disgraced reporter Martin Basheer's infamous interview with Princess Diana thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: Here's what he told you.
Speaker 15: Do you think Andy, Princess Diana may be here today if it wasn't for what happened.
Speaker 11: Yes, of course, if Bashir hadn't done what Bashir did, things would have been very, very different.
Speaker 2: Of course they were, Sophy, that's a huge revelation. What more can you tell us?
Speaker 15: This is a fascinating interview Janika that's on all the news court websites and in the papers tomorrow. I suggest people read it. Andy Webb has worked on this story with the BBC, this scandalous interview that was obtained by Martin Basheer. He's worked on this for over twenty years and he told me yesterday when I interviewed him at his home in West London, that she could well be here and she'd very likely be here today if this disastrous interview didn't happen, and that being because Janika she failed to trust all the people closest to her and around her, and as a result, she got rid of them. She got rid of her private secretary, she got rid of her chauffeur, and it had a ripple effect around the people around her which led her to being in that fateful crash in Paris. You know, many years ago in nineteen ninety seven. So fascinating interview with Andy Webb. He's just written a book about the scandals surrounding the BBC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, this is fascinating and you know I employ our viewers. Please, you know, go and check this out in use court papers. It really really is quite a revelation. Before we let you go. Royal author and historian Andrew Lowney has claimed, but Jeffrey Epstein made plans to hire a hit man to kill Andrew mount Batton Windsor and Sarah Ferguson.
Speaker 15: Why well, Denika, this is another bombshere revelation here in the British press, because Andrew Lowney, who has just written the book on the Duke of York in the House of York, has said that basically Jeffrey Epstein was so concerned with the information that Andrew mount Batton Windsor and Sarah Ferguson had on him that he spoke with a hitman to have them both killed because he was fearing what information they would divulge on him. And this was obviously prior to his death in twenty nineteen. So another scandal here for the royal family. This issue with Andrew bat Mount Batton Windsor, despite him are now being disgraced, is not going away for the royal family, Janika.
Speaker 2: No, and especially when there's calls for him to face the US Congress over what he knew about the convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Really really fascinating stories. Sophie Elsworth. Appreciate you joining us live from London this morning. Thank you very much. Well, let's return now to the resignation of Barnaby Joyce. Joining me is Liberal Senator Just Center Nampa. Jimber Price, Senator, thank you for your time. Firstly, what's your reaction to Barnaby's decision yesterday?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Look, Barnaby, I've known Barnaby for many years. His grassroots politician whose community led. You know, he wears his heart on his sleeve, and he's a Butt's a pretty straight bat. And you know there's no room for bs when it comes to Barnaby. You know, I've admired the way that he stood up for regional Australia, for miners and for farmers, for those industries that really make Australia tick. And I suppose this decision now is well, it's ultimately I think everyone knows that Barnaby will make up his own mind when he makes up his own mind, and I suppose for the Nationals that is for them to determine within their party room how they will go about whether they will seek to try to get him back on board or not. But I suppose, you know, what I do know about Barnaby is that, as I said, he does wear his heart on his sleeve, and if he thinks he can represent Australians better as part of the cross Bench, well then he's the decisions that he makes. I'm sure he's not taking lightly and doing it because he believes he can represent Australia and their needs in that way. I suppose that's what I sort of think about the whole situation. It's I think for the Coalition though, you know, I find we're in a we're in a stronger position at the moment. I feel we're finally being conviction led as opposed to led by Poles and making decisions in the best interests of Australians and putting forward policy in that vein. So I suppose I'm I'm personally looking forward to ensuring that we take up that fight with conviction and starting with energy policy, which is now on the table.
Speaker 2: As a former member of the Nationals yourself, is there a problem with the leadership as Barnaby Joyce has suggested.
Speaker 14: Look, I mean, if that's Barnaby's position, then that is Barnaby's position. I suppose, as I say, the Nationals have to.
Speaker 3: Look, don't.
Speaker 14: I don't have a mind either way. In term of the Nationals party room, I'm in the Libs party room now, and again that's for the National's party room to determine on that. And I suppose you know, Barnaby has positioned himself and feels very strongly about where he sits with that issue. But again he is putting forward the fact that he wants to represent Australians to the best of his ability and he doesn't feel like he can do that obviously from the backbench.
Speaker 2: All right, Look, let's move on and talk a bit about energy. I noticed that the Energy Minister Chris Bowen has doubled down on Labour's commitment to renewables, saying that power prices will lower because of investment. But I found it interesting at the same time, Labor's on track to miss both of its renewable energy and emission targets. That's according to findings by the Climate Change Authority of all people. So it's going to miss targets. Bills keep going up centaer price. Bowen says, oh no, it's all right, bills will go down.
Speaker 3: I mean the magic question is when surprise surprise.
Speaker 14: I mean, this bloke has got his head in the clouds. If he thinks that bills are going to go down, it's just ridiculous. He is putting his priority the green energy grifters, and you know, un globalists, it's not the Australian people. All they're interested in is reducing emissions, which they're not doing.
Speaker 3: Evidently, we as.
Speaker 14: A coalition wanting to reduce people's power bills and you know, lift the cost the cost of living crisis for the Australian people. So, you know, Chris Bowen, what he fails to recognize is the fact that the cost of energy goes up the further along you go. So you know, what we're seeing internationally is that when countries reach about thirty percent renewables, they sort of have this honeting moon period. But anything more than that and the cost begins to climb once more. To reach over eighty percent emissions by twenty thirty, which is going to mean an increase in costs. Not only that, but you know, we are producing what just over one percent of global emissions as a country. So if we poured everything into this and made Australians go completely broke, we're not making a single change to emissions. When you think of China, the US, India, countries that are contributing to sixty percent of global emissions, they're sending this country broke. And if they want to continue toward zero zero by twenty sixty, then we could be spending between seven and nine trillion dollars of taxpayer funds in order to get there. And then there's the fact that this is about our liberty, This is about freedom of choice. We as Australians are now constrained in terms of what kind of vehicle we can buy. You know, manufacturing is constrained, food and farmers constrained in terms of what they can grow. So every aspect of our life is being impacted in terms of freedom of choice and the cost of living because of this ridiculous zero policy that I'm sorry, Bowen is on a completely another planet and he's destroying our economy. He's destroying our way of life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and watching him come up with all sorts of excuses in Parliament this week was absolutely astounding. And you're right we are going backwards, we're going broke at the same time under this just set now for jeber Price, we've got to leave it there.
Speaker 3: Great to catch up. Thanks very much for joining me on the show. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Coming up after the break the winners and losers of the week from the last sitting week of parliament for the year.
Speaker 3: That's next.
Speaker 2: Is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers and helping me to do that is Sky and his contributor James Bolt. Welcome back to the show. Thank you very much for joining me. Your winner this week is Chris Bowen.
Speaker 12: Yes, Chris Bowen is at asolutely my winner of this week. Now wait for it, wait for it. Don't turn off the remote just yet, because here's the thing. We have a situation like I'm hearing all this criticism for Chris Bowen, like, oh, he's our part time managing minister. He you know, he's completely off the job. He doesn't have any idea what's going on anymore. And I think we have an opportunity where Chris Bowen, who we all agree every time he's in Parliament makes things worse, could now leave and I just think we need to embrace that completely. We need to go. Okay, Chris, like you know how many days next year? With Susan Lee's line like how many days next year are you going to miss? My question to him is how many days next year are you going to miss? And can you double it? Because I just think the further way Chris Bowen is from the halls of power, the better it is for everyone. We should embrace his new roll at COP thirty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the further he is away from the renewables only experiment the better.
Speaker 2: No, I do actually agree with you, because realistically, how can he remain here on a part time basis in a five foux job because this is basically a five faux job for him now because he's going to be spending a lot of time overseas. So let's hope the prime to punch him.
Speaker 12: I keep him there because if he's replaced it with another labor person who's going to be committed to the role. So I think the best art of labor energy minister is one that's never there, so we have a situation where our Labor Energy Minister will never be there.
Speaker 3: I like your logic on this one.
Speaker 12: I've thought it all out. I like this one.
Speaker 3: Well, you can read more about it. You've got a wonderful sky Neies article skinies dot com that I you about this today.
Speaker 2: Now, my winner this week is Pauline Hanson. Now, look, a lot of hers said her burker stunt was ridiculous, that it was exactly that a stunt. But I like her, James, because she's not afraid. She's not afraid to have a debate on topics that people consider to be quite contentious, that are quite controversial. And I say good on her. You know, whether you agree with what she did or not, I think good on her. And also, look, she could also pick up Barnaby Joyce. We'll see, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got to say, I completely I'm on the other side of things. I thought there was a debate that Pauline Hanson could have had on whether or not the burker should be banned. And I think the debate because of that stunt's now become is Paulie enhancing a racist, and I just go like, that's not the debate she wanted. So I think it's a bit of an own goal. But it's your winner of the week. It's not my problem.
Speaker 2: The problem with this debate is why is it always racist like immigration or people are you're racist to bring it up?
Speaker 3: Why is it always racism racism? It's not.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's racist to have a debate about the burker when a lot of countries around the world have already had this debate.
Speaker 3: That's my argument.
Speaker 12: Look, I just think when she wears the burker in the Senate, we're now talking about something else. But again, your winner a weeka mine.
Speaker 3: Well when it forb is Paulie, But no, I take your point. Now you'll loser this week is who?
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 12: So it's people that need to inject politics and literally everything because our American friends are settling down for Thanksgiving today and quick tangent. The US president Every year before Thanksgiving he pardons a turkey, and this year got a little fine. It was a pretty crazy turkey. But have a look at Jimmy Kimmel's reaction to this turkey.
Speaker 3: My goodness, he's a beautiful bird.
Speaker 5: Goodness, want to give us a garb.
Speaker 12: See, fascists have fun too. It's oh, what do you need to say a fascist when the Turkey did something funny? Just say the Turkey did something funny. We don't need to go like, hang on, does you laughing at a turkey? Goblin? Mean you vote Republican? Like no, No one's thinking that. We're thinking the Turkey is funny.
Speaker 2: The man can't take a joke, can He is the most he had to be a comedian, yet he's the most serious comedian out there. Can't take a joke, absolutely obsessed with the Democrats.
Speaker 3: Woe is me?
Speaker 2: Crying on and now we can't take a joke about a turkey. I mean, he's absolutely lost it.
Speaker 12: In my view, that's a better rant than anything he's had in years.
Speaker 3: So great loser, next exactly, great loser of the week.
Speaker 2: Speaking of losers, I had to give mind to Greta Funburg. I actually think she is the number one loser. She is the irritant of the world. She's been banned from Venice now after deciding that she was going to die the Grand Canal Green as part of a COP thirty protests.
Speaker 12: What on earth was she thinking, why is the marketing for radical left climate activists always to annoy people that they could win over?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 12: Don't you want to reach out to them rather than get them angry?
Speaker 3: Yep? Yep. So well done to Italy, Well done to the mother country. For me, well done Venice.
Speaker 2: You've gotten rid of her and I wish that we could object her from other countries around the world.
Speaker 3: James part, We've got to leave it there. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 12: Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 2: We'll see you again soon. Thanks for your company. I'll be back Sunday night at seven for Deneko and James Steve Prices next.
Speaker 3: Good night,