Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Math twenty podcast with me Joshua Fox. Now, I have a very exciting podcast today and it involves my mum doing a surprise interview with her favorite cast member, and she's got no idea this is about to happen. And if you're wondering why this is about to happen, Basically, as some of you guys may know, Married at First Sight Australia is huge in the UK. I'm talking it's one of the biggest shows over there. It captivates the country and the audience is just as big as it is in Australia. But they start airing it usually about six weeks behind us, So the stage they're currently are over there is they've now watched the weddings, the Honeymoons and the first Dinner Party. Now, obviously I'm from the UK, my family still live over there, and my sixty three year old mum is mad into the show, so I've decided to make her my UK correspondent, just to kind of get a vibe of who people in England are loving, who they hating. Are they feeling the same as we felt at that time? Some mom thinks I'm about the phone and now just to get her thoughts on you know who she's loving and hating so far. And what she doesn't realize is I'm going to have Katie waiting on the line ready for them to do a impromptu interview with her. Because Mum used to tell me she always wanted to be a journalist grown up, but she never was, or at least I think she's Someone told me they wanted to be a journalist, and I think it was my mum, but it might not have been. But that's basically the setup of why I'm getting to interview these people, So I hope it was Arrh said that it might Actually I think it was my Auntie who said that It'll be fine anyway. All right, so I'm gonna fill my mum now, Hello, Hello, Hello Christine. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, yeah, I've just started watching that protection Mum.
Speaker 1: This is your first kind of episode, your first job as the UK correspondent, and you all right, yeah, pausing the telly would be good. All right, Well, we're recording a podcast. We need quiet.
Speaker 2: Recording now.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the I've told you. We set a time. You're the UK Correspondent and this is it.
Speaker 2: I don't know it had happened that quite right.
Speaker 1: Hello, okay, and welcome to the mass Funny Podcast. You're officially now Maths Funny's UK correspondent because you're a few weeks into the season. Over there, it's captivated England. You've been out there talking to people on the bus, in the cafes, in the pub, on the street. You've got a vibe of the entire country. What's happening over there month?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, I think people people like cater love Katie because yeah, she seems shanuine, she's she's just a lovely woman and she'd deserves somebody really nice. They should never have paired it with Tack. You've just got this. It's a school teacher as well, don't I.
Speaker 1: I think he may have lost his job.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I'm not surprised. I wasn't one name teaching make it.
Speaker 1: Kid?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yeah, you're you're a big cage. You're not school age.
Speaker 1: And look how I've turned out.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you had nice teachers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're so far you're loving Katie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katey is so flat. Katey just deserves somebody really nice. Just sank Katie over her and I'll attack her on the night out with my mates and we'll find her somebody nice.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think she's gonna want to fly to northern England to go out with. But of sixty five year.
Speaker 2: Olds, we're not all sixty five year olds. I'm a very young sixty three year old and your friends are younger.
Speaker 1: So well, I do have a surprise for you in this podcast. Oh come on, you're about to interview Katie.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: She's on the line waiting.
Speaker 2: No georsh, don't do this to me, please, she said you want to this.
Speaker 1: No, Katie just wants to come on and say hello to England.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, that's funny.
Speaker 1: You can't say that before I connect her. Can you think of a couple of good questions for her?
Speaker 2: No? Not really, she's nice, all right, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's welcome to ask a question as long as he's nice.
Speaker 2: Dad, we'll leave that.
Speaker 1: Didn't you say you always wanted to be a journalist?
Speaker 2: No? Never, because I don't like talking to people that much.
Speaker 1: So have you agreed to do a podcast.
Speaker 2: Because I'm doing it for you? You can be sawn A love.
Speaker 1: Your well, this could lead to something great. You said you bored him retirement. All right, okay, you said last time we spoke, you boyed you're looking for a part time job.
Speaker 2: Right, this will definitely not lead to anything for me. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I'm going to connect Katie. Okay, So I have some nice questions ready, money?
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, Coate?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm all right?
Speaker 4: Thanks to you, very good, I'm pretty rightly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you found a nice chanceleman friend?
Speaker 1: When you start like an interview in chat, you're gonna, you know, introduce yourself as the UK correspondent, tell her what you've just been telling me. That everyone loves Katie. You don't just jump straight and.
Speaker 2: We do love you, Katie. You're a lovely woman. We don't like him at all. You should never have been.
Speaker 3: Oh yes it was. It was an interesting, interesting process for sure, for him to be able to get to that point.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I have no hard feelings, I think given what I've seen, he you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you definitely did, and you deserve somebody so much nicer.
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want somebody who you know, can see past all the superficial stuff. And and really connect with the things that matter, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just say somebody who is genuine and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a nice English gentleman.
Speaker 2: We're gonna ship it off betweens, and we're going to somebody really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah sounds good. You probably have a better look out England. Here I come.
Speaker 1: Mumblings, a small seaside town and just Katie, don't get your hope. So because last time I went to visit the area she lives. Everyone's above sixty and have a noticeable lack of front teeth.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well, now here I am preaching about not superficial stuff.
Speaker 3: I better follow through, right.
Speaker 2: And will take you to some nice your trendy places.
Speaker 4: Oh, cool night out in London perhaps, Oh Manchester?
Speaker 3: Okay, Manchester? Is that where it's at?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Manchester, Manchester?
Speaker 3: Look it at girls going on?
Speaker 2: But you you just enjoy life and yeah, and don't worry too much. All I'll come to you. You're a nice person.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will continue being patient and you know, continue enjoying life like I did before the experiment.
Speaker 3: And I'll do it after the experiment. And it's been yeah, very confronting experience. But also I've been able to stay true to myself, so I feel are you up to.
Speaker 4: You passed my little experience yet though, we just I've just watched up to the first and a passer.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tim was putting all the blame on too.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yeah that was off the back of me starting to call him out for things and he started to flip the script. So yeah, classic classic predictable move there.
Speaker 2: But he's putting all.
Speaker 4: The absolutely no he yeah, continuously kind of you know, shut conversations down and and even left left everything early and yeah, so it show zero effort. And you know what, I don't I don't mind that he didn't find me physically attractive.
Speaker 3: That's totally okay.
Speaker 4: And I said to him, like, you know, we can walk away from this as friends, no hard feelings whatever, Like if you have certain expectations, that's fine, Like I don't meet.
Speaker 3: Them, that's also fine, but just don't be.
Speaker 2: Mean and was.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm mind. Cat's not really much of an oil pa. Now have so many mums, I know, it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, yeah, a lot of people like that think they're ten out of ten, and it's yeah, I just want somebody who can see past you know, all of that facade and all of.
Speaker 3: That just there's a lot of work that goes into making people look that good. And you know, I've got other things to do.
Speaker 2: You want somebody real and somebody is kind.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I'll have a look around one of my travels and I'll see what I can do.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Christine, that would be helpful.
Speaker 2: And she'll just be happy.
Speaker 3: I will thank you so much. Yeah, I'm pretty happy in life, so that's normal, Katie.
Speaker 1: Before we let you go, could you rate mum's first ever interview? Do you reckon? She's done a good job?
Speaker 3: Is this her first ever interview? Christine, you're up to a ten?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you my deepest duck a secrets.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was God enjoyed and enjoying you. So that's good.
Speaker 3: Well you started on a high.
Speaker 2: Me off.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you writing much for your time, Katie.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that very much, of course, no worries. I can't say no to mam.
Speaker 2: No, look after yourself, darling.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Christinian, have a beautiful day.
Speaker 2: See Josh by love bye bye.
Speaker 1: Okay, moment's just me and you again. Okay, you did really well there.
Speaker 2: Right, So we talked Jamie to see your gram.
Speaker 1: We're still recording a podcast.
Speaker 2: It's still regarding it's sound about marriage at first.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast record, not a family catch up. Let's just wrap the recording. Then we'll get into what happened at the weekend with Jamie and Gray. Okay, okay, okay, So you're just in your first interview. I was impressed. Well, yeah. The only thing I'd say is at the start, jumping straight in with a question usually you want to maybe one place, yeah, like, not just go ah like. It felt a bit zero two, one hundred, But that's okay because I did spring this on you with no warning.
Speaker 2: Well he does, so delete that, but well, I'm not going to delete it.
Speaker 1: We can't know. Then i'd be accused of being like the show's producers, editing accurately. Yeah, but you know, overall, very impressed, Christine.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mak's god, how many out of ten?
Speaker 1: Okay, you give you a ten. I'm probably going to go seven.
Speaker 2: Rightly, because there's always improvement. How much am I on? How much am I will earth?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'll have a think about that one Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wanted to say something about Elliott, did you? Because you're two weeks in Sweat the minute you hate him, love Katie, and then the other one you probably have strong thoughts for is Elliott.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Elliott O God's gift to women. Yeah, he's a good looking guy and he knows that. I don't really know why he's put himself for the show.
Speaker 1: Any would you be surprised if I told you that the point we're at now in the show, we're now kind of all big fans of Elliott and he's actually the funniest person to follow on TikTok we.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well Elliott's gone missing in the show where I'm up to?
Speaker 1: And what do you think of Big Dave, the kind of six foot seven tattooed bloke.
Speaker 2: I like Dave and I like you.
Speaker 1: You won't like Dave in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they come across really nice, nice guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you won't like Dave in a few weeks. You won't like Dave in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, they're not right.
Speaker 1: There's another plot twist that we're just experiencing.
Speaker 2: Ah and I like Dreamer because she's struck up for Cat. She had Casey's back at the first CINDERPARTA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what do you think about John the expert out of curiosity?
Speaker 2: I just think is very Waldron.
Speaker 1: I was on the national news across the Ralia last night discussing my feud with him, which has come out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: I approached him to ask him a question that he ignored over email, asking about his ethics as a clinical psychologist in relation to his practice on the show. He kind of mocked me, patronized me, smoked and he filmed me, ignored my questions while going what else you got for me?
Speaker 2: Josh?
Speaker 1: And then the next day he says he feared for his safety.
Speaker 2: God trailer does imagine John might struggle when he asked to speak for himself and the big Quick's telling him.
Speaker 1: What to say?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, yes?
Speaker 1: So now what were you telling me about Jamie and Grant at the weekend?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Right, okay, So when we took Jamie to see Grant, not obviously, so she struggles, who is it which one?
Speaker 1: I said?
Speaker 2: It's Seamish. He was the good baby, not like his brother. Excuse me, but he was Shamie Jamie. All he had to do was feed him and put him down and he was fine, you creamy needy baby. So yeah, so this issue in work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just sat in the podcast. I mean I'm still technically recorded, probably relevant to my protection lod oh the show you're watching on the Telly.
Speaker 2: Because I'm Tarios and I'm going to watch the Angels Protection.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thank you very much, mum. You've done a great job as your first your first job as a journalist, your first episode UK or the people into that you're the UK correspondent.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, really need somebody younger? Why Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why not because you're the star Christine right?
Speaker 2: Okay, love right, Well, have a good time, speak soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks mom, goodbye,