Speaker 1: Apodja Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode about I.
Speaker 1: A ad Mom podcast.
Speaker 2: I had a little chuckle to myself, but also a little bit of a deep thought process I went through. Last night, Jay went out for dinner with mate. He's got three kids, but there I want to say, maybe twelve ten eight ish ages range. He's divorced, but he's got a new girlfriend. She's ten years younger and doesn't have children and wants to have kids, and so he is late forties.
Speaker 1: Is he contemplating it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a thing. Like day came home and told me about this last night. I was like, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Do you want my honest opinion or like the podcast opinion, My honest opinion would be I would have sex with them until I got bored with it, and then I would say, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: I'm not interested in reproducing. Again, Katie, I know that, Like, maybe that just sounds super insensitive of me, but I genuinely have no desire of reproducing as much as I love another human being.
Speaker 1: Or then that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Though, imagine it like hypothetical this is, but imagine if you're completely in love, like he's obviously really in love with her, she really wants to be a mum.
Speaker 3: It's a really hard one to compromise on. Obviously for him, different story male with the female. That female's the one that's obviously I don't want to say like doing the hard work, but clearly we know who does the hard work within a pregnancy. That whole idea of then reproducing for him at near fifty, I don't know that I'm willing to compromise on that. Everyone's situation is so different, and I applaud people that can do it, But for me, I wouldn't want to hold them up, Like they're also ten years younger, but then they want to reproduce, like and have another family together.
Speaker 1: I get that, But like, surely.
Speaker 3: There's someone else that's like thirty and they could do it with them as well, Like it makes sense, doesn't make sense, It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: So you would you would find them someone else to have a baby with.
Speaker 3: Here with that stuff, I sort of go, I think, when you start talking about like cycles of life, could you imagine literally take yourself back into the depths of the newborn phase and doing it again. I meet someone like ten years younger than me, sorry, this shop has shut. I didn't want to compromise for my husband, let alone.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: Like I get it, like I understand, and I think also, you forget about how it was and you look at newborn babies and like, oh, wouldn't it be cute. At the same time, I also feel like I'm almost at freedom. I feel freer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, especially for where you're at with your girls. I did have a moment with Elsie going into grade five, Gracie starting high school at the start of this year, was like, oh, fuck it, just go back for one more.
Speaker 1: You know what. I was thinking, You're just bored. You're bored. Your kids still love you. It is okay, Rachel.
Speaker 2: I definitely felt the same when the girls started school because they both went at once. And I remember I used to go to a gym class with some other of the girls that I knew, and they all had the oldest going off to school, but they had the youngest, and I remember just walking in and then dropping the little ones off in the crash and I was like, oh, like, I don't have anyone to drop off in there.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a readjustment of who you are right, So there you go. It did cross my mind, and then I had a real severe chat with myself and smack myself around the head of his crimes and was like, you were nearly forty this year age, or get your shit together.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if I found out you were having the baby.
Speaker 3: You were not.
Speaker 2: I were just laugh a lot.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mum for thinking it was cool? It's actually Gracie's idea for.
Speaker 3: This particular topic. So I'm just going to own that part because she was like, Mom was pretty messed up.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a mistake. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: So on Mondays, what happens for our school routine is that Gracie, obviously it's usually a rush.
Speaker 1: On Monday morning. I'm really honest. Yep.
Speaker 3: She left yesterday without her dance bag, so Monday afternoon is usually dropped to school, get bus back to said stop, then they get collected from the bus stop and then she gets dropped directly to dance. So her friend's mum came over and was like, I'll grab the bag now if you're home, and I can just give it to her when I get them from the bus stop and drop her to dance. I was like, amazing, Yes, I'll just get a leotard. Now, her leotard is like dark purple. And as we know in our age group that we're in, Nike Pro shorts seemed to be the only thing that your child will wear. And so I was like, oh, look there's a pair of Nike pros. Pick them up, similar color to the leotard, and I thought, gotta work. In my head, I was like, gotta work, gotta be cool. Shove them in, shove litad, choose wonderful, put some afternoon tea in there for a water bottle. Off it goes to dance, comes home, she returns home. Let's just say six thirty. I happened to be in between finishing off dinner. I was in the laundry doing some something.
Speaker 1: Katie.
Speaker 3: She walked in and she added leotard with his shorts on, and she goes, mum, and she just like she wasn't angry, but she wasn't laughing, and she goes, mum. She goes, I don't know what you were thinking. She said, I've just spent three hours at dance and all I've got cold all day is eggplant. I looked at it, and I was like, well, it didn't come off as well as in my head what it was going to look like. I was like, I'm so sorry, babe. And then she burst out laughing.
Speaker 1: And she goes, what were you thinking?
Speaker 3: And I was like, in my head, I was thinking it was cool and I was going to look really cool together.
Speaker 1: But now that I see it in real life, I'm like, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: She didn't even make her feel better by going, oh, it doesn't look too bad. I was like, did you not wonder why that was never a combo that she'd put together herself?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean now luckily she found the humor in it as well, and she goes, mom, eggplant for three hours, I said, I don't know to stand an eggplant though, Like I find eggplant quite offensive because eggplant is actually really different shape to you, and it's a different color, and but eggplant whatever, I get it. And then she starts burst out laughing at bit more. And then I just said to it, I'm so sorry. She goes, Mom, all you could have put in was an oversized tea. It would have worked perfectly, so it would have just broken up the colors. She said, so if you're thinking of putting this one together again?
Speaker 1: Can you just put the oversize? And then I went, how about you just packed your own bag. Have to do it.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't even be called an eggplant because you would have packed your own bag, so then it would have.
Speaker 1: Been the right shorts. It's your fault. She goes, Mom, it's not cool. I was like, oh, I totally thought it was going to look cool, and it does not.
Speaker 2: She's going to need to educate you and what goes with what? In the dance draws, this goes with this. Don't use your own initiatives. Don't pick what you think is gonna look cool.
Speaker 3: Like I live in active wear, genuinely living active wear, so I'm quite like when it comes to active wear, I'm very like formatted about what goes with what and what does not go with what. I just had a brain explosion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she was called an eggplant for the entire dance class. And what we know, which her age group hopefully doesn't know, is the eggplan is the emoji for a penis. So you let your kick go to dance for an hour looking like a penis?
Speaker 3: Oud in my head when she goes, they called me an eggplant for three hours and in my head, I was like, ex emoji is a penis.
Speaker 1: Don't look like