Speaker 1: All right, super Coaches, strap in. Welcome to the Official AFL Supercoach Podcast. You're in and out guide to the greatest game on this big blue Marble week all the planet Earth. That's right, AFL Supercoach. We've got round fourteen in the bag, Round fifteen to preview. We're going to do so with some of the smartest brains on this planet when it comes to super Coach and also me. That's right, I'm your host, James Clements joining me today. We have Al Payton the Guru. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Al Ah, I'm feeling really good, James, Supercoach is going well. We just talked a little bit Dusty three hundred before coming on. Yes, I'm a little bit emotional, but we'll push on.
Speaker 1: We've also got Patch sitting over there with the long, luscious locks just flying about in the air. Love this good?
Speaker 3: Ay?
Speaker 2: Has there been calls for endorsements and things after last week's shore Noel.
Speaker 4: I'd tried to get that. Alex Peace responded to me on Twitter and I tried to then try and get his hair secrets, and he gave me the exact answer I gave everyone else.
Speaker 1: So anyway is the answer he washes in mountain streams like, I'm pretty sure that's what it is, right.
Speaker 4: Well, no, My answer was like, what's your secret? And I said yes, And I then asked Alice Pearson he said yes, which fair play to the man.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well there you go. You some of the greatest here on the planet and also one of the best super Coach teams. I don't We'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 4: But your here is lovely. What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm the fun one. We bring on the fandom to talk bubble boys as well. But we have one of the other fantastic Supercoach content creator is out there, the godfather Coach of abs Magic ranked what was one hundred and two hundred and two.
Speaker 4: I can't calm it down about this interview, and he's so good.
Speaker 1: It is a great chat stick around for that and of course this show is probably brought to you by the super Coach plus vibes on the super Coach website. Fella your live super Coach scores on game day see or the break Evans or you projected scores dominate your buyers and when we got one of those left the Biplanner. You can check out the show nos for a link to subscribe. Right, let's get into it. Round fourteen the rap Rap Rap and heroes and villains we saw with you patch because I can't actually take, you know, get myself to write down my final score. So how did you go?
Speaker 4: So two three eight for me this week? Very happy with that. You know, a few people bit further that further ahead, but I did still go up in ranks, so into the top five hundred or back into the top five hundred after falling last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good time, nice one Heroes.
Speaker 4: Dan Houston is an obvious standout after just tearing the Giants to shreds is about the only one that did. They was a bit of a dour match, but it was nice watching watching his score go up on the supercach Live page. Just number go Brewer. Very happy with that, and my villain I like collectively want to give it to Taggers for ruining my middlefield. Just a bad time all round. I don't have lucky Neils, so I avoided that bullout. But Zach Butters tagged out of the game. Tom Green got some heavy attention. Jack Steele I think got paid a visit from the Berry Man somewhat. There are other players that did bad this week, and I'm just trying to forget them. There's yeah that they're they're half of the villains, and the other villain, Dane Zorko, I think for being on what one hundred and twelve twelve at halftime of finishing one hundred and forty one, like just incredible seagull energy. He just had the thirst for the ball that I haven't seen live in a long long time on Friday night, and then second half he just put his feet up and honestly, Dane, what are you doing, mate, Like, if you're gonna like commit, just get your ahead in the game, buddy.
Speaker 1: With that, entire Lion's team basically put the Q in the rack. I felt like in the second half they nearly got overrun. But either way al score ranking, hero villain. What have we got now? This is good?
Speaker 2: Part two seven nine I've finished on so yeah, like Pagan, like a lot of people did have some sort of underperformance, especially in the midfield, but had some obviously some pretty good scores to make up for it. You didn't mention there was a ruckman in Adelaide who went pretty well.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I do contractually need to say that Brodie Grundy played very well this weekend and I love him Illy Brody XOX. Speaking of good hair.
Speaker 2: But my tradeing this week was Luke Davies Uni XO. I was pretty happy with that move. He was on seventy four at halftime as a north wind bananas and then obviously the game completely changed. He scored zero points in the third quarter, but then seventy three in the final term.
Speaker 1: He was absolutely unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately couldn't quite hold off the meg player juggernaut. But yeah, I'm pretty happy with that trade in. And I thought i'd give a special little shout out too to Marcus Bontempelli, who has reasserted himself. I know all year we've talked about, you know, your Matt Rows and your Zach Butter's and Tom Green's, and he's just swatted them all the ways back to the number one player in Supercach, number one scorer for the season so far, as he was last year, massive one hundred and sixty two points after he was supposed to be under a cloud with illness or whatever he had, and he's now nearly seven hundred k well.
Speaker 4: So the last time I had the flu, I couldn't move from my bed to the couch, and Bond comes out and has thirty touches and fifteen contested possessions and he's just fine.
Speaker 1: That's just superhuman, superhuman superman. I did have somebody comparing him to the MJ Flu game, and I'm like, let's not compare a Round fourteen AFL game in the middle of June to MJ look in the nineteen ninety eight finals.
Speaker 4: But still look if the Western Bulldogs against the Fremantle Docers at Marvel Stadium in the middle of June isn't comparable to the NBA what is James?
Speaker 1: What is right there? I'll lead off NBASTRAA with that next and a quick villain.
Speaker 2: My other trade in this week I was i'ming an ring wather to bring in a defensive primo, which I needed to do. I thought I could just hold off one more week because there's a few more options on the table this week that I quite liked. But I thought that's silly to wait. I'll get in an extra number for the buyer round. So I got Jordan Clark from the Dockers eighty five points. I mean, I think he was about the third or fourth high scorer for Frio. So that's not atrocious, but certainly not what I thought I was paying for. So need a bit more out of him, Otherwise it'd be nearly temptation to sideways into yea, a bunch of these other really good defenders that are now available this week or even potentially next week.
Speaker 1: I'll pay that villains everybody for me. Sixteen thirty two is what I landed on. It was an absolute horror show. Why is that, you might ask, Well, I'll tell you everybody stunk. The entire team about Nick lost, lost and stepped up. He was almost my hero there for a second. He's got one hundred and sixty was fantastic. But my hero is obviously like the likes of Zorco and Heini, because without them I would have been even somehow worse. But mostly the villains, it's the likes of Hayden Young, who I brought in. You talked about the free o sort of depressed scores. He and Sarong we're both wildly underwhelming. Young had eighty three strong with the ninety six. It was just brutal on top of them. At the very end of the week. Well, the second last game I guess you have Zach Fisher seventy one, thanks all Zach.
Speaker 2: If that last kick had gone through, that would have been worth about thirty points.
Speaker 1: And then that of the final game of the round, Zach Butter's with a seventy six, the hornet, my pod my one remaining po d seventy one, breaking my heart and of course.
Speaker 4: Get into a pos got.
Speaker 1: Him, and then of course my beloved Tom Green eighty as we've already hit on. So yeah, villains, everybody right, super coach news, injury, suspensions, ol Butters, we've.
Speaker 2: Got any problems we might have, you know, a heap around in terms of injury kind of stuff. We talked about the bond. It came out after that Collingwood game too. Craig mccrazid that Nick Dacos almost didn't play obviously had the shit issues and then he was crooked away from extend home on Friday or Saturday. Wasn't sure if he was going to play. How I think Ed Allen was there on standby on Sunday if Nick didn't come up, but fortunately he did and was unbelievable, at least after his tiger got subbed oubt, which was an interesting move. But on the Collingwood front, we obviously they're not playing this week with the buye, but we have Jordan Degoe and Brody my Check at due back after the bye, which could be interesting for some of those Collingwood cheapies that a few of us have. And the other one you mentioned there, Zach Butters really appreciate that tagging attention that he was getting from Toby Bedford of all players.
Speaker 1: A little small forward.
Speaker 4: For the discussed in your voice Toby Bedford, how damn.
Speaker 5: So yeah?
Speaker 2: And then he had a bit of a tanger with Tom Green off the ball. He was also his own issues as you said, but the vision is very fuzzy, but it does look like Zach Coppter or Tom cop One around the chops from Zach there. So yes, our man Johnny Ralph, who's all over the the Morrow points and how that all works, says he could be in trouble, might miss a week, which would be just absolute magnificent timing in this last by round, which is going to be another pretty tricky one.
Speaker 4: Is Zach But it's a good bloke though, can he can he get off on a good bloke defense? So when they who's a.
Speaker 1: Better bloke, though Tom Greens are pretty good bloke.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, like, I don't know how how many wheels do they spin when they decide what his penalty is.
Speaker 1: Probably cops it because there's like a bit of a Ramsey Bolton kind of lookalike vibe there, and he might just not get good bloke points for looking like one of the worst Arrecter is a game of throats, just say, just say throwing that out there right after round fourteen though the biggest talking points al very easy. It's finally the last by around. Yay question mark. I love this idea because they're over after this. At the same time, Round fifteen's buyers are Radozi. We are missing the Western Bulldogs, Adelaide, Hawthorns and Kilda and Richmond. What does that mean? Bad? Some big names players, That's what it means. Seventy seven percent of us own Nick Dakos, Marcus Bontepelli in fifty four percent, of teams, Jack Steele in twenty five percent, Jordan Dawson in seventeen Tim English good old English, seventeen percent. Dilling more than seven percent as well, the toughest one I think for everybody else. So is the rookies, like it is sort of that underclass of like you know, the bench cover, Lucky Sullivan, Darcy Wilson, Billy Dowling, Nathan Krueger, Hugo, the Brothers, Garcia and even your belover came calls leaven on the weekend. Oh rage is loud as well. So it is a really really really rough week. How are you looking at this?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just because it's the last buy around. I think we sort of have less wiggle room because I don't have too many players that I really want to get rid of at this stage. So yeah, if you've been able to manage it to get eighteen or nineteen this week, I think we'll be doing well. I think I might have nineteen at this stage, but that includes Zach Butters, so he could be on thin ice. Maybe use a trade or to bring somebody in, but I don't want to be. You know, the team's actually looking pretty good. I think one thing I try and do coming into especially the last buy round, is shuffle your team around and make sure you check it before the round starts, so you're not going in like this, but just put everybody where you want them. After the buys and then see you know where the holes are, so that the trades you might make this week, I'm not going to muck things up and you end up with someone Zak Fisher is stuck in your back line where as you need him you know, you don't have enough forwards or something like that. So yeah, that's one little piece of advice. But it's not that easy. But there are some good players coming off the round fourteen by that you could potentially bring in this week who would help the situation.
Speaker 4: Good players and cheap players too comparative to you know, what you'd be expecting to pay. You know, there are a few guys in that five hundred, five hundred and fifty k bracket that could really, you know, go a long way. And there's there's a few guys even even cheaper who could could make a bit of a splash as a even as a F seven m nine kind of situation as well.
Speaker 1: I'll pay that. So the top targets coming off that round fourteen by, which was obviously absolute countage, Zach Merritt at five seventy seven not bad. It is a great price for him. He's a good player, can't play a bit, might be like right there on the brown load to you're just saying, Jordan Ridley five sixty three K. I have questions basically mostly around my not so beloved Nick Martin and how Ridley is just basically completely stealing all of his points. And I'm fascinated to see what happens, like with one more week, So this week coming up, just what happens we might have to punt Nick Martin again? Could I trade a guy out twice in a year? We're about to find out. I do remembermcgoverned as well, five hundred and fifty five K. Coming up the Eagles by an interesting sort of point where he's been really good. The Eagle's been handy. Can you trust it? Can you trust those like you know, the soft tissue injuries of a McGovern I don't know outside of that. Matt Rowe five forty one, Sam Walsh five forty eight, Charlie Kerno four hundred and forty eight. We'll talk about that again later, but I don't know. There's some pretty good names there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like as yeah, Patch mentioned a lot of those guys. Like last week we were talking about potentially getting a Luke Ryan, who's six hundred and seventy K or something like that. So these prices are all pretty appealing. I think a lot of it is going to be team depended. Do you need a midfielder, do you need a forward? Do you need a defender?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think there are some good defenders on the menu.
Speaker 4: Line by line and just yeahs you're interested in.
Speaker 2: Well, we start with the defense and they are sort of the two that I put down that I thought are probably the standouts Ridley and McGovern Really is the number one averaging defender based on averages, but he hasn't played three games, so it's skewed a little bit. But do you think he can keep that kind of scoring up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I certainly, based on what we've seen, can go one hundred and ten for the rest of the year. I don't think that's that's too much in question. The concern would be if he has to play key position. We saw that against Carlton where they lined him up on Kerno for a little while. That's not a role he tends to score very well in over long periods, and also not a role he tends to play as well as you'd like. So hopefully that doesn't happen long term. But I don't think hopefully it doesn't. So, yeah, he's he's certainly one i'd be looking very closely at. Yeah, I think he's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, probably I've got McGovern, but Ridley's the one. Yeah, I thought I could have waited this week to get him, but I went early on Clark and I do regret that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Obviously he missed the first ten rounds with injuries, so that's always a bit of a red flag. But as he said, McGovern has his own worries back there. Max Holmes is another one that you could throw in as definite pod, but he's a little bit more expensive than those guys.
Speaker 4: Elliott Yoe's the one will yeah out out of the Eagles at five hundred and fourteen K.
Speaker 1: That's been of an injury red flags.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean that's the concern, and you know you'd then want to cover, want some cover from a rookie or from someone else, just because he will miss games on the run home. But his average is also you know, could average hundred and fifteen on the run home based on what we saw earlier in the season, so you got to weigh that up. Mason Redmond also intrigues me. He short, he score feels like it should be lower. With Ridley and the team, it's been better. He's average one hundred and five over his last last three. I think it is. I'm not endorsing it. I'm just saying that it's a thing. He's intriguing me. At five hundred and fifteen K.
Speaker 1: It's just patch with some facts, a whimsical patch over heear just maybe maybe well in terms of the so the mids there, so Zarh and ral Walsh. I mean, how do we feel about those three names? Just in general?
Speaker 4: I'm going on back on Mason and Tangent. I'm concerned about Merit in the run home. He's got of the seven teams of the you know, have many games left. He's got six tagging roles coming up. So he's got James Jordan, he's got Berry from the Lions. He's got could face Mickelaney from the Crows.
Speaker 1: I think it is Windegger at some stage.
Speaker 4: I possibly win Haager. I saw it on Twitter the other day, but somebody went went through and went, you know, Merrit's a great price, but he's going to couple a lot of attention on the run home, and I think it's something to consider when you look at bring him in. He can break through that tag like he kind of did against Carlton with Chinkota. But I don't know something to be aware of buy him just here?
Speaker 2: What do you think of a more sort of a value options there in rail and Welsh. I looked up many Real's numbers and his averages about one hundred and forty something at the famed People's First Stadium, but away from there he sort of struggles to break the Ton and they've got four People's First Stadium games left.
Speaker 4: That's not as many as you'd like it. They have to leave the motherland and go fight on frontiers abroad. But I probably wouldn't be trading Rowl in. But I mean he's he's got a decent, decent build for super coach. I don't know, I'm not sold nice Welsh.
Speaker 1: I mean the Carlton fixture gets a little bit easier back up in the season as well, where they've got games against your beloved side zarre L North. There's like West Coast of the second last week or whatever. There's a couple of interesting ones in there. But I've already got him, so I'm like happy days and up forward. I mean there are other names that you're sort of kicking around outside of like.
Speaker 3: Charlie speaking of your beloved Blues and yeah, fixture, we've got what Harry McKay and Charlie Kerner at five and twenty two K and five hundred and forty six K, respectively.
Speaker 4: Four hundred, I think you've got four hundred. Oh did I say five hundred? Four hundred and forty six. I'm bringing one of them in this week. I think I'm just for that loop position that last. Like they'll sit on the bench some weeks and they'll come on other weeks if I can loop them on. But the value is real good with that run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that I have enough trades to it, or not in a position yet anyway to do have them as a spare a seventh forward. But I think my last forward position, similar to last week. I could wait a week and get ranking in two weeks after Adelaide's by, or get someone now, and I don't think I can afford to wait with you know, maybe just scratching eighteen on the field this week. I need to get someone who's playing, And yeah, I do like that Carlton draw and I just think probably Kurno ahead of McKay in the sense that he's the kind of go in one of those games, maybe against the Richmond in a couple of weeks, or against a North or a West Coast, he could kick nine and score one hundred and eighty and then even if he's scoring eighties and seventies and nineties and things, for the rest of the season, overall, you sort of end up with a pretty good average. So given the issues we've had all year with the forwards, I think maybe this is the year to just take a chance on someone like him.
Speaker 4: And he was the third most expensive forward to start the season. Yeah, in that in that top five range, and he.
Speaker 2: Hasn't been terrible, he's just sort of yeah, he's been around the eighty ninety mark most.
Speaker 1: W I might wait on ranking. I'm just saying. And Taggers is the other sort of big storyline. So far we've sort of seen the rise to prominence.
Speaker 4: Just before we jump to Taggers, I want to be whimsical again for a second. Jeremy Cameron is four hundred and two dollars. He's yes, even I'm not saying do it, but and gel is actually.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I've got him in a draft and it's like one of the like just having Jeremy Cameron on your team is just kind of fun. Like this is just neat because you don't know what's gonna happen. One hundred and thirty, he might have thirty. There's not a time in between. Sometimes it's awesome. So a bit of chaos, but the Tagers vibe belt take us through this because Taggers have been just making a mockery of super coach scores I think this year, haven't they They're just like, it's a really cute, little cute little score you've got the.
Speaker 2: Last couple of weeks, I think Ross lyone is the one to blame.
Speaker 4: And when when is rossign not well blame like just every green lag, it's Ross's fault. Ross did it.
Speaker 2: He talked about catching up with old mate Ryan Crowley for a coffee over in Perth, and that's what sort of said seemed to set this whole thing in motion. That, yeah, taking that was pretty fun when we used to just like harass Gary Emblet junior and players like that. So why don't we give that a try? Micaus winheg has been really good at it. And then we get all these other teams deciding they're going to have a go at it, and Will Phillips goes to Nick Dacoss, he's a laid in and goes and plays a tagging role. Will and Drew's done it a few times before. We mentioned Toby Bedford sort of came from nowhere. So there's just a lot of them around and it's hard to really put too fine a point on it other than just saying, as you said with Zach Merritt, maybe it's worth looking at upcoming fixtures and who you think might be in the gun.
Speaker 1: And there's you know, with all these guys.
Speaker 2: Just in the next few weeks, I'm seeing a lot of them are playing a Sydney or playing in Adelaide.
Speaker 4: And James Jordan the really really hairy one after the it's the Star Wars thing, which I think we've done the joke before of you were supposed to join the good Scorers, not destroy But how do we find the high ground over taggers?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's over, it's over back. Yeah, all right, there you go. Tager is going to keep an eye on that because they just I feel like they're basically each week looking at my team and going, all right, we'll take him out, take him out, taking him out, take him out. Maybe I should have just been smarter about who I brought in. All right, let's say a quick break and we'll go to the Phantom and talk some bubble boys right after the douce. All right, we've all been waiting for this exact moment from parts unknown. I'll tell you what. He is absolutely flying at the moment. It is Phantom to talk some bubble boys, Phantom, what is going on?
Speaker 5: Hello, gentlemen, thanks for having me again. Flying maybe not quite the right word. I'm going okay, they're all going to hit a roadblock again. Thank with the buyers are almost over, Hopefully the rookie situation starts to look a bit nice on the other side.
Speaker 1: Let's start, obviously with some of these ones that we've actually just had pop off this week. Al you've got Arish one Maker after what one game? And Carl Warner question mark after one game and then a million years and then another game. What are we feeling?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: The challenge, I think, Phantom, is that what we want is someone cheap who is going to play this week and then ideally stay around and give us some cover for the rest of the season. If you're on the bubble, that's great. This time of a year, we can probably afford to take a chance on someone who's only maybe played one game. But the names playing this week, how do we feel about We've got a Jack Hutchinson who made his debut for the Eagles a couple of weeks ago. He gets picked again, only one or two K forward Carl Warner, as James mentioned, played his second game on the weekend for the Dockers. Are they guys we can potentially pick with any confidence this week?
Speaker 6: Interesting?
Speaker 5: Going to love to be able to say, let's pick Hutchinson one hundred and two K straight out the mid season draft.
Speaker 6: I mean I could even go there as well.
Speaker 5: Look, it makes if it makes you the money, as we've said a lot on this show previously, to make the other trade, then maybe you do it to you Yes, in need, but it's not the beal and end all this time of the year, and they're probably going to play, and they've picked him to play, and they've picked him after he was at the club for what seven or eight days, So that's a good sign. Carl Warner is the interesting one at for we saw Heath Chapman was the late withdrawal with a hamstring issue and yet to see exactly how bad that issue is. But such an injury pron player could keep him out. May We saw Warner take some kickings actually looked a bit like Luke Bryan. Luke Ryan, I should stay trying to channel the Luke Ryan, same boots, same hair, got back to the goal square to take kickings for Frio, which was good to see. Seventy eight super coach points. He has seven intercept possessions, two intercept marks in the display against the Bulldogs. Ideally he's named again and you know, we don't want to see Heath Chapman injured. But if they give him a couple more weeks to get that hamstring right, then maybe Carl Warner is the one that's playing this week and hopefully make a big bit of cash in that role alongside Lacrian.
Speaker 4: What did you make of the super Boot, the Tasmanian Superboot who debuted for the Saints on the weekend. I know he's now on the bye, but dare I say it?
Speaker 1: Decent junior numbers, decent junior numbers.
Speaker 6: You know me too well there, Patch.
Speaker 5: But he was a big super coach star as a junior in the Coach League playing for TAZ mainly one hundred and forty seven super coach points per game, two double tons as a junior last year, and we spoke about his numbers coming into the st cuitter side last week one hundred and forty three in the VFL before he got the call up to make his.
Speaker 6: Aid AFL debut.
Speaker 5: Eighteen disposals, four intercept sessions two in the set marks and of course when eighty seven percent by foot, so doesn't need a lot of the ball to score well like in his junior career. And he showed that in his first game on the big stage has an impact kicks long inside fifty and they went to him despite he's still a kid in his first game. So good sign to Mari there Again, disappointing thing. I won't be there with the buy this week, but if you don't need the extra number, go down here make the cash.
Speaker 6: It's a nice coverage going forward.
Speaker 1: There's also another name floating around there, al Joe Menzie. How are you feeling about this at two hundred and nine K I know patch is no fan here? Is it an option? What do we reckon?
Speaker 2: Well, it's only an option because he had a new role last time. I'senon and played two weeks ago, sort of known more for his small forward work, but he actually played more as a kind of a half back. Wrecked up a decent score ninety two. He's got a big negative break even this week. What do you think, Fantom, and then we might get patches verdict As a close essence watcher, yes, I.
Speaker 5: Do want to hear that that could be the decisive factor. But the small forward took four intercept marks in that game in that newal, which was surprising. Has had a big impact on that final score you mentioned now. But is that where he is perhaps going forward? Is he in that defense, he's even in the side.
Speaker 4: I don't know the answer to either of those questions, and that would that concern is enough for me to write him off as not someone I'd be looking at. Maybe if he was one hundred and two k maybe we might be having a slightly different discussion. But you know, I thought he got lost, and I thought he just like had come on the intertange gates and had been like yelled out to go just gone the wrong way or I don't know what had happened, but it was very confusing seeing him down back. He didn't like his numbers were quite good. I didn't think he looked incredible. Certainly wasn't you know, incredibly damaging or you know, he was fine but not, you know, not nothing to write home about. I thought Mason Redmond was missing from that game. Jake Kelly was playing forward for some ungodly reason. You know, I just I'm not convinced the Mensi will keep that role. When you know Nick Martin went forward and that was why Menzi went back. I'm not sure Nick Martin forward will continue long term. And even if it does, there'll be games when MENSI plays its a small forward. Games three plays the sub. If he's added another string to his bow, that means he's more versatile, which means he can come on as the sub and play at either end. That's bad news for super coach. He's the sub. But I just I don't. I don't like it. It scares me and I'd be steering clear.
Speaker 6: Here's your verdict.
Speaker 1: It certainly is a verdict. We've also got a couple of rookies on the round fifteen by here as well. No, we've got Billy Dowling and Nathan Krueger as well as strawnee, which is always when Kieran Strawn. I mean, how are we looking at them for two weeks from now? Phantom? Are you keeping an eye on them? Have you already brought in your beloved Billy Dowling? What are we talking about?
Speaker 5: I did bringing Billy Dowling last week. He was pretty good again an impact, didn't have a lot of the ball, didn't have as much as he did on Debuo, but still you know, made the possession count for the Crows and I'm sure Matthew Nicks will notice that.
Speaker 6: Hopefully keep him in the side. He's got to keep the kids in.
Speaker 5: Kieren Strawn obviously not a kid an absolute bar from Brodie Grundy on Saturday Night as one side as you'll get. So surely a couple of weeks for Riley O'Brien the two's you think he probably goes back to Riley O'Brien Matthew Nicks, So I wouldn't be banking on Kieran Strawn, but I think Billy Dowling hopefully gets an extended run from here.
Speaker 1: Nice one, All right? Al what else we got?
Speaker 2: Well, I just wanted to ask about an option that starts to come into view as the sort of the finish line is visible in the distance and you don't want to be doing it too far out, but if you need to make a move and it just gets a bit tricky, now where you really I need a rookie in the midfield, So you know, Carl warn is not really going to help me.
Speaker 1: Jack Hudgens is not going to help me.
Speaker 2: What do you think of bringing in someone who you know is not most likely going to play, but then just grabbing the cheapest guy who's available one hundred and two thousand with some DPP ideally who can give you some flexibility on the bench for the run home if you've got you know, if I've got a Billy Dowling sitting on my forward bench, I can bring in a mid forward one O two k spud in the midfield he's not going to play, and try and give myself some coverage that way, and that gives me something to downgrade to this week to forrab some money.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: I like and I think this stage of the season as well, team some teams out there will start to you know, bring in a cheaper option. You're maybe a kind of rosy or something like that, an extra premium on the bench so you don't need every one of your bench players playing. If you've got some quality there, you can afford to throw those positions, some of those positions out and make the cash you need, especially if you've got that DPP swings open up. If you've got one or two or three players who can cover in multiple decisions, that's all you need, hopefully in the run home. Yes, it could all backfire, but I think you have to take the punt, follow through with it, use the money when you need to use the money, and quality over quantity on the bench at this point.
Speaker 1: Very nice. I don't mind that idea all right. Was anything else you wanted to hit on with the fandom there, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: And now that that was my big question, I think that's cleared my path for a trade this week.
Speaker 1: I like it, all right. So that's the phantom that has been the bubble Boys. There's a couple of interesting names there between showmaker, Warner and Hutchinson. So I guess the biggest advice at the moment is wait for teams basically, I guess.
Speaker 4: The only other question is is there anyone coming onto the buy this week who you'd like to keep looking at, saying a Joel Fraser, a Harvey Harrison. You know, any one of these guys that have all suddenly hit the bit at the same time. Is it worth trying to hold you know, trying to move heaven and Earth to hold on twenty of these guys or are they all on the chopping.
Speaker 5: Block, all on the chopping block, all in the And I think, whatever you need to do to get that next premium to execute that trade plan you've been working on, do it. There's no Harley Reid type at his best, so we all trade it anyway that you probably need to hang on and can have a big score from here. Again, if you've got a couple of you know, fattened cash cow options and you can be a bit picky, then yes, you keep a Joel Frasier who has been quite good for the Bulldogs and probably holds his spot DPP and shown he can score pretty well and could be some good cover if you need in the run home.
Speaker 6: But otherwise, chop whoever if you need it.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, don't need to tell me twice.
Speaker 1: I think I just got the chop. All right, there you go. That's been the Phantom. Thanks for jumping back on, Phantom. Always great advice.
Speaker 6: James outpatch in see you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll just add an awesome chat with the Fantom. Now let's go have a chat with the one only the Godfather, the Coach of ABS Magic, currently ranked one O two. He's had a top four finish before. It's an absolute cracking chat. Enjoy all right, now we welcome on a very special guest. He's one of the very few people in the super Coach world ranked higher than her very own Al Peyton. That's a shot across the bow just saying it is the s Godfather, the Coach of ABS Magic, the Godfather. You're looking very ominous at the moment. How are you feeling about your season so far? Are you happy with where you're at? Ranked one hundred and two overall?
Speaker 8: Firstly, thank you for having me on and Al Patron. I'm a big fan of and we chat all the time. And Al Peton's trying to get my number four overall ranking.
Speaker 7: You're trying to get higher out. I understand that, but I'm going to my rank overall one O two.
Speaker 8: I'm very happy, but at the same time, I'm very upset.
Speaker 7: Make me very upset. I can't come there.
Speaker 8: Okay with spuds. But last week we were ranked eighty. We were happy with that. But this week I got power in my team and he let me down. He makes me very upset. So we're traveling. Okay, we're not too bad.
Speaker 1: Last one, what's uh do you have a spud in mind? Is there been a spud this year that's really just sputted up for you that you're really disappointed in.
Speaker 8: I had two spuds last week that we sacked. We had to remove them from the team, and Nick Martin was one of them. Yeah, now, Nick Martin, we started with Nick Martin.
Speaker 7: He is a con artist.
Speaker 8: Okay, he came me in and so I started with Nick Martin and then I traded him out after round one. We got rid of him. Then we brought him back because we missed him. Okay, we because they had team is full of spuds. We needed to spud back, so we brought him back in and then we had to sack him last week. So he's gone, he's finished, and we sent him away to far away so he's not going to come back anymore. We also had another spud that we had to sack. Actually we have a lot of spuds, but we couldn't sack Green. We have to We're stuck with Green. This we sacked Powell. He's gone. There's no longer tim Pellma team.
Speaker 2: So for people who aren't familiar with your work, of course, in twenty twenty two finished fourth overall, as you said, after being the overall leader for a fair portion of the run home and famously running out of trades with I think seven eight, ten weeks to go or something like that.
Speaker 1: But you do take a bit of a.
Speaker 2: Unique approach to super coach, which obviously works for you. But how did you, if you can summon up briefly, how did you attack this season? Obviously we had a lot of different things happening with opening around and all these buyers and everything, But how did you attack it? And would you say that's worked for you? Would you do it the same or different next year?
Speaker 8: This year, I've got very excite, okay, because I saw forty trades. Okay, I felt my chair when I saw the forty trades, So I thought maybe this year that they made superca just for me, okay, so I it was just built for myself. Unfortunately, I've used a lot of those trades, so they're all gone. So I saw that I saw the by rounds early on, all right, and I did a little exercise. I actually did this on my channel, and I did a team with mid prices, and I thought, because that's how I normally attacked the season with mid prices, but with the by rounds, mid prices don't work because you need players that can score massive, all right, So you need you need players that can score one twenty one thirty high ceiling players.
Speaker 7: So I made it.
Speaker 8: After round one, I changed the whole team around and I brought in I brought in Luke Ryan. I brought in a virtually sacked Nick Martin for Luke Ryan after round one because I saw his ceiling. Then I then I brought in well, another player that's not playing that well now, which is so wrong. So I brought in so wrong in round in round one in round one also, so I've actually wanted players with high ceilings to play the the early by rounds.
Speaker 7: So I went for guns.
Speaker 2: And rookies, and your rookies were I think for a memory, you sort of steered away from some of the more expensive types and a lot of us were picking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, because we're on a on a tight budget okay, and we have our manager at the recruiting manager. His name is Titas Okay, so we we sort of had to get the cheaposts stuff. So we went to We didn't look in Australia. We went to China, okay, and we got it. We've got a shipping in from China a container fluor spuds and we got all the cheapots. So we missed out on the players like uh like read. We couldn't afford the good stuff, so we got all the cheap oots. But unfortunately actually actually posts were not too bad that it came out of rape but summers buds, So it was a it was a mixed bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've come out the last couple of years and you know named your weapon and at the start of the year you were big on Matt Rowl and I wanted to follow. You were scared by the bye didn't get him until much later. Have you felt about about rail season and do you have a weapon for the run home for those of sort of looking for the for the last spot in our team. Have you got anyone you're just eyeing offers as a weapon ready to explode?
Speaker 8: Yeah, with Rail, I was so so happy that no one owned him. Only three percent started with him, and it make me very happy. Okay, And but what happened now is he's got a lot of owners, so there's a lot of weight on his shoulders near the poor young man, and he can't carry everybody. Okay, you kindly carry out his magic so that the weapon has become a spud neil, so he's no longer a weapon. We need a new one, and I've looked around. I've got two of free in mind that I really like. We're going to have a weapon, and I'm going to try to green this week, so I'm going to do something different. I've decided that we're not going to have a twenty third primo and we're going to We're going to go extra with weapons on field, so we're going to bring in It's I like. I like Ed Richards a lot, all right, However, Ed Richards with liber in the team maybe not the best.
Speaker 7: Now. I'm lucking liber A lots, all right.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 8: Liba, he's okay. But I've sort of now going towards Ridley from Essendon and that he's going to be my weapon. So Riddley's going to carry our team hopefully to the top ten. Okay, that's his job.
Speaker 1: That's one I love the I love the idea of the spud farming because that's I'm the expert spud farmer. I think over here on this panel just at a horrible, horrible year. But my spud crop has grown just exponentially. It's been absolutely fantastic. They've stunk up the joint basically they've been laying there into rot in the sun. But really do you have like how many trades do you have there? First? And then secondly, like how do you see yourself getting up from one O one O four, one O two overall rank back into that top ten? You can you see your way?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: With the current spons that I've got, I don't see away because I can side.
Speaker 7: I saw our patent's team and my my spots.
Speaker 8: We had a meeting this morning after seeing our patent's team and we're very scared. Okay, so we think our patent's going to overtake us. So we've had a crisis meeting right now and we're.
Speaker 7: Going to We're going to bring in Ridley.
Speaker 8: We think the thing is now we need pods, Okay, we need players that no one else has, because either we're going to bust or we're gonna fly. Okay, it's gonna be one of the two. And Houston killed us this week. We're very upset when we saw Houston. I could have come a deal sixth, but anyway, Houston scoring one seventy owned him, okay, and that hurts. So we need players that only one percent or two percent have that can score what Houston did that will get us back. So we'll see how our pods go. We're going to bring in a few pods.
Speaker 4: Now, So how many trades do you have? Abs?
Speaker 8: It's a sensitive topic right now, the trades topic. Okay, so we have we have seven lefts. Okay, but I'm gonna I'm gonna use Actually we got ten leaves before this week, so I'm gonna use three this week. I'm going to use free next week, so we're gonna have four on the run home.
Speaker 7: Actually know I've it's.
Speaker 4: Okay, look a's sensitive information. We understand that there are.
Speaker 7: I don't look at my trades. I don't think to become trades.
Speaker 8: Now, I've eng up seven this week, so I said team, it's only seven, so it's going to be four lefts after this week.
Speaker 7: We don't have a we don't have an F five or F six.
Speaker 8: Okay, we've only got spuds there, so we we can't afford the rankings. We've decided we're not gonna go for a ranking because a good player, good players don't come to his magic. So we're gonna we're gonna bring in some some more, two more spuds in our forward line, and we're going to have two trades on the run home with a full team.
Speaker 7: And and that full team is going to be No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: Twenty third, So what's.
Speaker 4: The what's the bench cover like?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 4: Have you got what Billy Dowling? Do you have? Like a Joel Fraser? Who have you got on the pie in case somebody does?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we had Joel Frasier, but he's going to go, so we need his cash. So we're gonna we're gonna have Billy Dowling. We're gonna try to bring in one of those cheap o because as you know, we don't have the expensive stuff of that magic, so we don't bring in a cheap old defender that hopefully is going to get a run home, so maybe shown Maker will be our D seven. We've got rock Cover, We've got we've got the Uh, We've got an r free that's playing Strawn who's snail okay, but they is doing okay, So hopefully Strawn gets to play the whole year, and we're going to get a lot of what you called dead rookies, look one or two k rookies with DPP, so we've can switch everything around. And our main main player to save us is going to be Dowling, Okay, So we're relying on Dowling to to carry us home this year, so we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Nice one, was there anything else wanting to hit on there?
Speaker 6: Al?
Speaker 2: I think Abbs has covered of most of the issues there. I saw Elder You is another nice little pod that we may both picked up this week, which worked out pretty well.
Speaker 1: But what do you see in Ridley that.
Speaker 2: You think he can deliver some of those spike scores that might get you over the top of some of the other popular defenders out there.
Speaker 8: Well, Ridley very similar to Dale, and I really love Dale's game where Dale takes all the kickings, and there's a lot of these one, two, three ten pointers, and Ridley's the same type of character where he gets his points ten points in one hit, just from one kicking. So that's why I like Ridley a lot. And also I like the fact that he actually intercept Mark so he's the playmaker from defense. I can actually see him finishing better than Luke Ryan on the run home because of his ability to market the ball.
Speaker 7: The only problem with Ridley is the calves.
Speaker 8: Okay, so we're gonna have We're gonna take a risk, and hopefully he doesn't get injured, but it's it's top ten or bus so you might. You're just going to go for it now. So the leader or actually the team is coming third. I've been following, I've been watching him. Okay, we've got the spies out at the camp and he's got half a million more than we have. Okay, he's a rich club. Okay, we're at the poor club at that magic. So we've got to we've got to beat teams like this now, and it's not easy, and especially ol Peyton breathing down my back okay, and and got Tim Mitchell flying behind me as well, and so.
Speaker 7: We gotta we gotta uh get different players.
Speaker 8: Now, Okay, I can't share the information with Tim Mitchell anymore because he listens to it. He gets time players or so gotta. I'm gonna try to avoid Tim Mitchell. His sounds scamy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I've tried putting a few restraining orders on him, and he just keeps violating them. It's just that he doesn't care about the rule of law, doesn't care about super coaches like you and I. He's just a rebel without a cause. That Tim Mitchell.
Speaker 8: He even said the other day to me, messaged me, he said he was going to bring in McGovern and he gave me a hard to take. Okay, so we felt much chair and he said McGovern was going to come in, but he didn't do it.
Speaker 7: So I was, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't don't look at his trades this week. I think, yeah, he's high on the radar.
Speaker 1: This one. All right, there you go, that's Abs Magic the Godfather. You can go check out his amazing work on his channel as well. He does a great job. Thank you so much for jumping on and you know, just basically dumping in L's face for a little bit. Being ranked one or two. Overall, I love this fantastic.
Speaker 4: Good luck for the run home ABS for all, well except for our on.
Speaker 1: Your boat. There we go.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you very much, gentlemen, thank you for having me on the show.
Speaker 1: All right. How good was that chat with his godfather Al? That was awesome. He's taking you talk about like we mentioned this earlier with the phantom about you know, strongly getting a bath by Grundy. I feel like he's about to do the same to you. This is a bit worrisome.
Speaker 2: There's some very kind words there, but you know, he's an absolute legend of the Supercoach community ABS.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, we all want to see him do well. That's awesome, all right, speaking of other legends, let's do stats with.
Speaker 2: So yeah, just to have found a nice little juicy stat and again all of these will be on at code sports dot com, dot you and all the mass heads in a very short time. With some more detail, you can scroll through all the clubs and see all the CBA numbers. Center bounces obviously a huge stat that is relevant for super Coach and the name that jumped straight off the page when I looked at them this week is Jack Steele. We know he was got some attention from Jared Berry Tagger and we talked about that in terms of the tag, and one way potentially to try and get him away from that was he actually moved out of the senate square. It's been a lot of the game in the second half, especially in the forward line. Had a season low thirty nine percent center bounds. As normally he's like an eighty ninety percent operator, so that was a very low number. Now it may have just been the one off because of the tag, but the worry is that Leam Henry went into the senate bounces in the last quarter, he tended pretty much all of them twenty three percent rise in CBA's for him. Not normally a guy that you see at the center bounce, but it actually kind of worked like sin Kilda looked quite good in the last quarter. So it makes me a little bit nervous that Ross might think this is a tactic he could try again going forward, which is probably not what we want for Jack Steel supercerch numbers.
Speaker 4: Jack still on the BI would you trade him out this week? Maybe there's not a no coach, that's not a no get trading.
Speaker 1: That was the longest pause before maybe ever as well. It's like.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'd have to have enough trades and everything, but you could consider it. I mean it's hard going off just that one little bit of sample size, but yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: They have some interesting numbers. All right, let's debut another new segment. It's the No Go Zone Zone Zone. That's all right, my own little sort of one man sort of effects board over here, the No Go Zone. Who are we not touching for this run home in the Super Coach season? Gentlemen? I will kick this if by kick this off simply by saying Charlie Curnel and Harry mcguy. They are very very interesting pods heading into the last stretch. I, however, as a Carphon fan, don't want to touch either of those two illustrious, fantastic gentlemen. Who should kick the blues towards a flag?
Speaker 4: Is that because you're superstitious or because you don't think they'll be good at Supercoach?
Speaker 1: Why not both? Let's go. It's a bit of a vibe because I feel like every time Charlie sort of pops off, Harry might not be having a good game. But then you can sort of flip both and they sort of Essentially it's the roller coast. One might have a good week, the other one might just not be as good. Could you pick both? Could I play both at the same time? Maybe not one on the bench and one on the field.
Speaker 4: That's best, the best some kind of loophole is, yeah, it's best one where you have two of them and you get the one best score.
Speaker 1: Basically, I'm just looking at looking at the structure for my tam I'm like Isaac ranking in two weeks time is probably the better option, and that's basically where I'm at. So I just don't want to touch the sort of key position. Guys, we talked about Jesse Hogan earlier in the season and that sort of you know, he's falling off a cliff as well, like just tough, tough, tough sledding. I think to have either of those, But al, what's your no, that's fair enough.
Speaker 2: The one I'm looking at this week or not looking at, is Colby Mkircheer. I know there's a temptation there because we know well he can score when he plays one. The word is that he will be back potentially this week for the Kangaroos. The price is great. Three seventy nine k, still at a negative five break even. But I've already used three trades on him. I'm not going to use another one. He's the number two draft pick. North surely are going to be very careful with how they manage him in that foot injury, which doesn't just go away with a two or three week rests. So every chance he's managed for one, two, three, four weeks two knows him anymore for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: So he's not someone I'll be taking a risk on nice one patch.
Speaker 4: My no go zone is your beloved Connor Rosie is looking very very cheap. Price has fallen off a cliff after a few injury affected games. He's back in pog form. I don't want to bar of him. Watched him on the weekend. He just didn't look in it, didn't I Maybe next week I've changed my team, maybe he comes out shows that he just had a bit of rust he needed to just burn off. This week. He's still got a very big break even, still got more cash to lose, not this week just didn't look anywhere near it.
Speaker 1: It's also been the sort of query I've had about rankin right, like I don't like soft tissue injuries for the guys that he's sort are relying on. So Rankin's coming back from him, but he looked pretty good against the Swan's. He gets another week off now, so that's one I'm at least vaguely confident in his sort of ability. Whereas Rosie it's been so tumultuous. I guess the last month for him that I'm like hands off until we have like plenty l and the Port How far does he have to drop before you bring him in, right, that's the question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I think it would need to be linked to form as well. Where I want to I'd want to see something as well as the price going just that little bit lower. So if I saw something this week and he scored one hundred and ten, maybe other than think about it next week. But at this stage, certainly I think there's more cash to lose. And the other factor is that you know, Port's midfield has learned to live without him for the last month, and you know they're you know that they'll take time to women back in. Adelade's forward line hasn't worked for the last month with that rank and now he's back and he's slotted straight back into that hole, whereas the Kinnie Rosie shaped peg isn't quite fitting into the port midfield quite as nicely at the moment. Maybe it'll take time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's a beautiful set of metaphors. I enjoyed that quick fire around. Let's do it? Can you trade them on? Thereby? We've already answered this one. Jack Steele, apparently El says maybe.
Speaker 4: That pause was twenty seconds too short.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about it?
Speaker 8: Patch?
Speaker 4: I mean, look, if you need to trade someone to get to Adeen, sure, sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't worry me. Everything Ross worries me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it's yes. I think you can do it.
Speaker 1: Jordan Dawson.
Speaker 2: Hell, I don't have Dawson, but if I did, I think you would definitely enjoy the week off. He said, a bit of a sore foot, And you know he's the obvious one that taggers go to winnif Franken could maybe get some attention when they come up against all these guys that we've been talking about. But yeah, another one who has been a bit underwhelming. But I think when the good scores come, you'd be pretty annoyed if you trade him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm holding Dawson fifty five seventy nine in the last three weeks.
Speaker 6: Rough.
Speaker 1: What about Dylan Moore? This is a tough question because he's still he had a pretty rough week this week. We've still rose in price because of his break even so strange one, Dylan Moore, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I think this is really one for pets because I think you are a Dylan he said, I think one score over one hundred, but it was about what a score it was our I mean, given the state of the forward line, weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who are you trading him to? Is my question? Like, if you found someone that's better than Dylan Moore that's playing this week, sure, please tell me who it is. I think you know he'll He'll still have a lot of seventies and eighties, hopefully that's counteracted by the big scores. Hopefully he drops a few more of them as Hawthorne improves and Can continues going. Well, I'm holding, But if you've found a better option in like a at the bottom of a bag somewhere, go for it, man, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, all right? Is Tom Green at top eight midfielder at the end of the season. Oh god, this breaks my heart. Nope, it doesn't feel like he's going to be is it Patch?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, But I can't trade him because I don't have enough trades, so stuck with him. I still think he's I think he's got all the building walks to be a very good midfielder. It's just not clicking.
Speaker 2: Al he's currently just checking this the thirtieth ran to Midfielder super coach after starting the season with three scores about on hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: So remember when people were paying six hundred.
Speaker 1: Fifty with him? What is his christ?
Speaker 2: Now he's four fifty and he's still coming down. So I still I think he bounces back surely at some stage.
Speaker 1: Twenty of the pill this week, and it's more about the efficiency. And I think now that Kelly's back and now the Buckley's back, can Iglio down the road as well. Essentially we'll come back in. It's still just going to be a rough couple of weeks. I reckon and hope, Like the thing is he's that good at times or you're like the fingers are just crossed.
Speaker 4: It's like I can't do much about it, and it's just stuff isn't going right as well. He had a There was a kick inside fifty on Sunday where the ball came in and landed in his lap. He took the mark twenty five minutes out directly in front of and the free kick was given to the guy standing next twim, his teammate Toby Green, who then went back and kicked a point because he kicked five of them. And it's just like, well, that should be a Tom greenshot On goal. That should be a Tom Green goal. But it said, it's not alright, it's just anyway, quick fire around.
Speaker 1: He said, how many trades we got left patch.
Speaker 4: No comment? Four? Four four after using three this week? It's four.
Speaker 1: Al that's low. You've got nine coming into the round, but probably be seven after this week. I think I've got eight and we'll talk about that in a second.
Speaker 4: Would either of you gentlemen be interested.
Speaker 1: I've said I'll do a lot of things to twenty dollars a boost or no boosts. I've actually still got my boost left, and because I didn't end up using it last week, I might use it just to get the depending on the butter's result, like if he actually gets rubbed out, I might need to use the boost, use the four. Knock myself down to four remaining trades for the rest of the season, just to sort of give myself one last little hope. And that's all it's going to be. So may as well. But everyone else is out of Boost Ocean.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, absolutely, and the boost. You can't take the boost with you, like if you it over next year, come on out. Your trades end up at one or two trades, you can't then activate a boost again.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to help you, sir. All right, captain's call. Who are you looking at this week? It is a bit of a rough week. I'm probably just going to roll the dice on Sam Walsh on Friday night against the Geelong Cats. He had one hundred and four against them a month plus ago when they're at the g but last year ripped off one fifty seven, and I think that's kind of the interesting one. Depending on how Geelong and looking Carlton had been playing very well, Sam Walsh might just sort of give you that random one fifty out of nowhere and you're like, fingers crossed, let's go. And then probably the captain thing was a tough one this week. I might just go into Sorong on Sunday and sort of just hope for the best with Frio at home. I believe, yes against the Sons, who not exactly known for the tagging. A lot of back and forth, lot of big schools in that one. So Flanders has also got a really big projection in that game. I think he's at one thirty one ten projected, but I think Sorong is due a bit of a bounce back, so especially at home, I don't mind that we know that he goes bang it opts, so I'll see what happens. Patch your vibes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I also don't like this week all that much. I know we spoke about Segma facing a lot of tag on the run. Home Eagles, as far as I'm aware, don't really tag, so he could be one to get off the chain on Sunday. I don't have him, so I won't be able to v see him. Whilsh's on the list. Houston will probably get more attention this week, but maybe Zorko has another good efforts seagulling. Those two are being considered. Brodie Grundy is playing in Sydney. It's not at the SCG, but he's in Sydney, but Luke Ryan is probably the one I'll end up with with the captain on for that late Sunday game one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's probably a safe backup. No de gos, no bond this week obviously make things a little bit challenging. Maybe you've got Max Gorn again, Tristan Cherry who's had a really good year, or Grundy as you said against the Giants, probably safeish options. I think if you've got a you know, one fifteen or one twenty from your VC, you'd probably bank it this week. I think this an obvious early score that could go up. I don't mind Welsh, but I think speaking of Taggers, I think Marc Ocnnor played in that game earlier in the year and followed him around, so maybe see what the teams look like.
Speaker 1: Yeah on Friday night. But yeah, it's a bit of a tricky week. I think it is right. It's a name of games, though very quickly some name games. Did Dusty Ton up this week?
Speaker 2: I assume he did. I mean I sort of tuned out after that goal about five minutes into the game.
Speaker 1: He did you continue to pace? Correct?
Speaker 4: It was a linear just like he had twenty six goals at half time and it just kept going.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much by memory. He ended up on fifty six. So yeah, I think I won that one this week. Sex and with Will powellback, interesting over under eighty what are we saying there? Eh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I'll just put this on the on the agenda for a little bit of discussion because Will Power has been out for five weeks. In that time, Sexton has been a fantastic pick up, averaging roughly ninety five points. But they basically played the same role, and earlier in the year when Power was there, Sexton wasn't scoring very well.
Speaker 1: Again, sure, yeah, but if he does keep playing, how do we think he goes?
Speaker 4: Probably not great, Probably not great.
Speaker 1: I'm not well. He's had five straight games over the top of eighty, so he's gone eighty two one, eighteen eighty six, one hundred and eighty seven. I still have a little bit of faith in Sexton, so I will go the over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I'll take the umbers. Ideally, I think if I can make my trades work, I'll keep him as that extra bench player who could potentially swing to the back line as well with that DPP.
Speaker 1: But between him and Fisher. It's a really handy so, yeah, you've got both of them easy.
Speaker 2: Will Dawson on the bench is another one there, so that could work out quite well if he stays in the team and scores. Okay, if he starts scoring thirties again.
Speaker 1: Over run it for the highest score of this round. Patch. What do you think over under two two hundred and fifty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, lately we've seen most people scoring about two thousand. The top score for this week was in the two thousand, three hundreds, which was just insane. It'll it always clicks for one person, and I reckon there's someone out there that has built a team for this week because they want that cash, and I reckon it'll be over two hundred and fifty, despite no bond, despite no decas, despite no rookie es, despite just nothing going right for this week. It'll life finds a way, James.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the lock of this week is that my score will be underd and fifty.
Speaker 2: Yours could be the team. It could actually where the planets align. I think the person who won the weekly prize this week was ranked about eighty thousand overall.
Speaker 1: Song of Kin. This is great, right, you're due.
Speaker 4: If a person has ever been you, I've.
Speaker 1: Never been watching al What do you reckon over under the twenty two hundred and fifty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some someone always seems too it right. It's crazy how it happens. But I think it is going to be a tricky week. You know, managed to get over two thousand in the buy a rounds so far, but maybe nineteen hundred or something this week.
Speaker 1: He's probably going to be a score.
Speaker 4: If I scrape past nineteen hundred, that will be a static nice.
Speaker 1: All right, really quickly Monday moves before we go, what is your Monday trade? I? As I mentioned, I don't know if I'm going to make one. I've got the eight remaining trades. If I've got nineteen, I might go the exact opposite way and use four with my boost space four is basically the problem is I would rather wait and just bring in rank in next week and then sort of go from there. But with the opportunity to use four trades, maybe I can get one more double upgrade in there somehow, but I don't think I'll end up with the cash to do four. So the ideas would literally be to probably move on from Fraser and from Sullivan. The other thing is also I still have lost in in the back line, so it might be if he's part of the four person trade, he might be in there. So yeah, it's very up in the air of the moment. My initial vibe is to not trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I got those sort of itchy feet last week and I didn't want to wait. And now I look back at it and think, well, probably gained me ten or fifteen points, and if I had have waited, I might have got the player that I actually preferred. But it just depends because Clark obviously didn't have a great round. If you'd have scored on hundred and twenty would have been the best move. So I think same Fraser and Sullivan. For me, I just need someone who I can down great. I need to really downgrade Sullivan in the midfield so then I can turn Fraser into a premium forward, probably Charlie Curno. So if there's a rookie a midfielder out there, someone let me know. Otherwise it might be one of these dead rookies who maybe has some DPP attached that I can sit there and move around and hopefully not get burned by the fact that they are playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am trading in a dead rookie at this stage. I've committed to it because it gives me just enough cash to trade up Twelie at Yow in the back line and up to Charlie Curno in the forward line Charlie Curno on the bench, as I've spoken about a little bit. So I can then come end of years try and loop Kurno with or with Fisher, with a few other guys potentially in the midfield with Grain, depending on swings and roundabouts and loops. So that's the plan which gives me eighteen this week, and if zach Butter's is suspended, I will have to just do it all again. All right, I will cry so so loudly nice anyway, So that's my plan. Please let it come to fruition.
Speaker 1: That noise you just heard the full body sobs of one patch.
Speaker 2: Just realize that trade that I was discussing would lead me about one hundred and thirty grand in the bank and might have a trade or two more than you guys. So could I use the third one to turn a steal into.
Speaker 1: Ready attorney abig spender. All right, that's it for the Round fifteen preview of AFL Super Coach. Though of course remember to subscribe to Supercoach Plus to take your game to the next level. Follow all things codes sports and the latest AFL Super Coach news and Annella Sis. If you haven't already, please leave a rating and review on Apple Spotify, subscribe co Sports on YouTube all the good stuff there to get notified whenever a new episode drops. It's very simple, it's very easy, it's very good. You can also get all the around, all the news and fun gear, all your game previews, et cetera with the AFL Today Show and thanks to.
Speaker 4: Patch, thanks to everyone else carrying me along.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Well, thank you James, and especially thanks to our guest as that's right, the Godfather and Phantom both.
Speaker 4: That was very very fun remember him and producer.
Speaker 1: Homie for stepping in today as well. Very handy. All right, have a great week and happy super Coaching