Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming she how.
Speaker 2: Do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style?
Speaker 1: Boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable, catching her mu.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head Out, we are discussing if we have ever been in a friends with benefits type of relationship. We will also be deciding the best way to navigate being in a fuck buddy position.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned to hear if Anna and I have been friends with benefits or we're just friends.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head Out is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Hello Matt, Hello Anna? How are you today? I'm good. Do you notice anything different? We're in a new studio. How is this?
Speaker 3: We are in a new studio. It's looking very speaking, stand and fresh. But that's not the new thing that I was asking you about.
Speaker 2: Do you have a new a new laptop?
Speaker 1: I'm kidding. Your hair looks amazing.
Speaker 3: I love how he went from good and halfway through the sentence he went straight to amazing because he knew that he needed to be nice.
Speaker 2: I know I've seen around for long enough to understand how to talk to women.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, nah, I've heard that people have been messaging you on your Instagram because they've seen you with drinks like beers, cocktails, whatever. And you told everyone on this podcast that you had liver issues and you weren't drinking anymore, and everyone has been catching you out drinking.
Speaker 1: Do you want to give us an update on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for everyone that's messaged me, even to the girl came up to me at the Corner hotel and asked me why I was drinking. I'm going to explain now. Okay, So obviously there's a bit of time between podcast episodes. I had since after that episode was recorded, gone to the doctors, had a further test, got a second opinion, and it was okay, I can drink.
Speaker 1: There was enoughing to stress about, So you got the all clear. I got the all clear.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if I left our audience on an absolute cliff hanger and everyone was concerned, and I appreciate everyone for being concerned. I do like. It means a lot, but I'm fine. So if you want to come have a drink with me, I will be out come and join me for a beer.
Speaker 3: Matt's officially back on the alcohol. It didn't last long. How long did it last?
Speaker 2: It was probably two nights, and one of those nights I did have a beer. You're so bad, I know. I know. Well my roommate Murph, he gets three beers through his job, so there was a new beer to taste, and I was like, you know what, I'm going to try this before anyone else can would be rude, not too I'm only human, aren't I.
Speaker 3: The other night, Matt and I were texting just about random things and it was so weird.
Speaker 1: We were both watching a movie. What were you watching? Map?
Speaker 2: So I was watching No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. Have you seen that?
Speaker 1: I have seen it?
Speaker 3: And I was watching Friends with Benefits with Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake, and we were like, that's so weird that we're both watching such a similar.
Speaker 1: It was wild.
Speaker 2: It's unheard of, unheard of. It was weird eyes. So we were like, well, let's talk about it. Then on a podcast episode.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about fuck buddies.
Speaker 2: Okay, before we get into this fuck buddy episode, Anna, what is a fuck buddy?
Speaker 3: Through friendship or mutual fondness, two people engage in sexual gratification with one another. The aim of a fuck buddy is to receive all the benefits of a relationship with another person, but not actually having to deal with any of the downsides of a relationship, so things like commitment, listening to their feelings, actually caring for them.
Speaker 2: So essentially it's like getting your cake and eating it exactly.
Speaker 1: So, Matt, have you had a fuck buddy before? Yes? I have.
Speaker 2: Actually I had one for probably from eighteen till twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to give us a bit of insight into that.
Speaker 2: I mean, essentially, it was like just would catch up once a week, do the deed, and then if on the weekend neither I was pulled, would send a message to each other and say, hey, what are you doing? Most of the time sending that message.
Speaker 1: But on the last so it was the last minute resort.
Speaker 2: Well, no, sometimes I would send a message before I went out if I knew that I was going somewhere and I wasn't in the mood for talking to girls or doing that sort of stuff, So I'd send a message and say, hey, what are you doing tonight?
Speaker 1: Just feelers out?
Speaker 3: You know, did you catch feelings for this fuck buddy?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: We ended up dating for two years. Wow, we broke the fuck buddy law essentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you totally abolished the law. That's not what you're supposed to do. Do you think that those feelings slowly started to creep in or did you start treating her like your girlfriend?
Speaker 1: And that's kind of why that happened.
Speaker 2: So essentially, I think what happened was we would always catch up, obviously in like fuck buddies can't do what fuck buddies do, but then we yeah, and then one of the times that transaction did not happen.
Speaker 1: So it was I had a cut off. Yeah, it was more or less like a sleepover.
Speaker 2: And I remember like the next day being like, Wow, what's this, what's going on here? Hope? She even told her friends about it, and then it went from there to like she came around, then, she was meeting my family, she was staying for movie night, and it just grew into something to the point where we were still doing the fuck buddy situation, but it grew to the point.
Speaker 1: Where it was basically a relationship. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Either like this is over or we have to take it to the next step, you know what I mean, Like, it's either we go to the next step or we just stop seeing each other completely.
Speaker 1: I mean, I reckon this is a unique situations.
Speaker 3: I don't really think that a lot of fuck buddy or friends with benefits situations lead to a relationship.
Speaker 1: Am I right in saying that?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I haven't really asked any of my friends, but I know a lot of people only bail once the feelings happen. Once they catch the feels or the other one catches the fields, they normally like, well they take a step back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've only ever had one situation where I had a fuck buddy or friends with benefits, And I guess the reason why I decided that, like I wanted to do it with this specific guy was because I felt like I didn't really like him in that way. I didn't want a relationship with him, and I knew that one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Well, that's essentially how a fuck buddy starts. You see them as an attractive person, you want to continue to have sex with them, but there's just something there that spark, isn't there to He's not quite right. Yeah, that's one you don't want to date them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's exactly what happened with me and my only experience of this. But the problem is is then he started catching feelings.
Speaker 2: Oh naturally, Anna, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like most fuck buddies are like, Okay, I'm not gonna catch feelings.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna do the deed and go.
Speaker 3: But the problem is is I think that I'm so used to being in a relationship that I was kind of treating him a little bit, not meaning to, like.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend, would you text him all day? Not all day? But I'd send him a message being like, hope you had a nice day, or.
Speaker 2: He messaged me, you're breaking the fuck buddy rules.
Speaker 1: I didn't know about the code. Here's a code, right.
Speaker 2: There is a code, and we'll touch on that later, because don't make the mistakes that Anna and I have. If you want to keep that fuck buddy in the friend zone.
Speaker 3: I reckon that I would never, ever, ever, ever agree to being friends with benefits with someone who I actually had feelings for or I actually liked, Like, the only way I would agree to it is if I knew for one hundred percent I didn't want to be in a relationship with them.
Speaker 2: Is that why you've only had the one? Then?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Really in thirty years, I've only had this one fuck buddy?
Speaker 1: How you said in twentieth and then you're like, oh no, she's thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually twenty nine, And I was like, oh no, we've had your thirtieth, thirtieth, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one, that's it.
Speaker 3: Although I hate to admit it, I am kind of like a relationship type of person. So I reckon that I fell into the trap of being like, okay, like we've had the conversation, he's my fuck buddy, and now I can kind of like get a little bit of emotional support from him, and I think that's probably why.
Speaker 1: He caught the feels. Yeah, And then I felt really guilty.
Speaker 2: Did you set up boundaries and the expectations early or you just left them? Like? How did you have the conversation that we're going to be friends with benefits?
Speaker 3: So I kind of knew that I either was going to have to like move on, So how did it start then, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like we were like seeing each other.
Speaker 3: We went on a few dates and then I was kind of like I was trying to like wean him off a little bit, text them a little bit l and then I remember we went out, we went home the next morning. I was like, I'm really not looking for a relationship.
Speaker 1: I said this too. I was like, I'm not really.
Speaker 3: Looking for a relationship, Like I'm pretty sure you said to me before that you're not either.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should just be friends with benefits. And then he was like, okay, we can be You.
Speaker 2: Know what man would turn that offer down Anna McAvoy asking to be a friend with benefits? The guy would have to be stupid, wouldn't he.
Speaker 3: But anyway, it didn't work out. I think I didn't set up enough boundaries. So we need to talk about the boundaries that you need to set up.
Speaker 1: I guess when you do have a fuck buddy, Matt.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into that next.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, let's talk about the rules of having a friends with benefits situation. There is a lot of rules and boundaries that you need to set up in order for this to work. And that's why we both had ailed friends with benefits situations.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say mine was failed.
Speaker 1: I mean probably the premise of it.
Speaker 3: Pa. Yes, okay, So the first one is you can't have an emotional attachment to that person.
Speaker 1: So if you are setting up friends.
Speaker 3: With benefits situation, make sure you start off not having an emotional attachment.
Speaker 2: That is a very important rule, as well as being friends is critical. Like, you don't want to be sleeping with someone that you just don't get along with. You're just like, oh, they're hot, but you know, there's more than just going and having sex.
Speaker 1: There's obviously the chat.
Speaker 3: They have to be nice, Like I wouldn't if someone was hot and they were a dick.
Speaker 1: They're not getting laid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like you have to be friends with them at the point where like you're gonna have to chat to them. I mean, there could be a really hot situation where you're just walking in and getting straight to the deed and leaving, And if you're doing.
Speaker 1: That, that's a pretty good setup. I reckon. If you ask me this is some.
Speaker 3: Sick sexual fantasy, then that Scott, I think I've seen this in a movie.
Speaker 1: This is like sparking my mind.
Speaker 2: Anything pornharm dot com.
Speaker 1: It just knocked on the door and came in and got the deep before. Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 3: The next one is, let's set up some clear expectations, like this is what I want, this is what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: If you did have that chat early on.
Speaker 1: Right at the chat early on. We always say this, Matt, but here it.
Speaker 2: Where's your head out? We encourage safe sex, so always use protection.
Speaker 3: Always use protection. You don't know if they're sleeping with other people.
Speaker 2: They also have the right to you're just friends with benefits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like do they like?
Speaker 3: I feel like if you are sleeping with someone regularly enough, you could be like, well, you could ask them to use a condom with other people.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's that's a good point.
Speaker 1: But you could.
Speaker 3: You could all but if you're having sex like three times a week, you could be like like in the other people, well exactly, like, let's not be it's not get off too much in one way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, geez, be selective with who you choose. Stay away from work colleagues. People may ruin your close friendships with It might make things awkward down the track, you know, if it doesn't work out, or if it even does work out, you have to see them all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a huge one, Like, don't have sex with people as a friends with benefits who you're going to see in your circle, Like you don't want to be walking past them.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be.
Speaker 3: Going to dinner with your friends and then they're rocking up or it's a bad situation.
Speaker 2: Well then if you do get a partner in the future, you can't it's going to be awkward if you bring your partner and they're there at a party or an event or something like that. I always say, and always have not shitted where I eat. It just makes for awkward things down the track.
Speaker 3: Where do you get these sayings like I swear to God, Oh yes, they just come to me. Okay, this one is one which you know. I think this is a really good point. Just say the point and then we can talk about it later. Stay away from the green eyed monster. If either of you start getting jealous, it's best to end things before someone gets too hurt. And I mean, look me and that giving you that advice, as the two most jealous people on the planet.
Speaker 2: I mean, we should probably take our own advice for this one. But we learn from our mistakes and we know, and that's why we're here to inform the people and let them know that being jealous is gonna lead to obviously not working and make it.
Speaker 1: Very awkward and very hard for yourself.
Speaker 3: Did you get jealous when you had your friends with benefit situation knowing that she could potentially be seeing someone else?
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't ignorance bliss at this point?
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't believe the ignorance is bliss in relationships at all.
Speaker 1: Like I'm totally against it.
Speaker 3: I think honesty is the best policy, but when it comes to friends with benefits, ignorance can maybe be bliss as long as it's not like affecting you, Like you're not gonna get an STD from that if they're sleeping with someone else and like they might not tell you, Like maybe.
Speaker 1: That is better.
Speaker 2: It is better. I remember I saw one time her talking to someone in a nightclub and I literally was just on that like a rash, didn't let her move for the rest of the night.
Speaker 1: Same thing happened to me.
Speaker 3: So my friend's is benefit situation, So I was seeing him for a bit with friends with benefits, and then it kind of like fizzled out because I was sick of it. And then I saw him at the club like three weeks later. He was talking to this girl and I was like, oh, hell no, you're.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're coming home, let's go. You didn't even want to at this point. You were just like, there's no way you're excusing or touching her.
Speaker 3: And then I woke up in the morning and I was like, oh, I think Soper moved was right.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to steer away from this again. This is toxic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we shouldn't admit to being this toxic realisticly.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's all in the past, isn't it. Anna all right, so don't get too comfortable with the routine, so you don't want to close yourself off to meeting new people. So that also means, though, what happens if they're on the roster they are a Wednesday night or Thursday night? Like, does that mean switch that night up or what? How does that work?
Speaker 3: Oh, they've gone from like a friends with benefits. We're thinking you've got like one little friend with benefits. Now you're talking about a full blown roster of them.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, isn't that a routine? You love routine.
Speaker 1: Look, I think it is good to kind of mix it up.
Speaker 3: You don't want to get too comfortable in a situation I reckon, Like when you get too comfortable and you expect to see them on a Monday and then all of a sudden, you know, maybe they're not there. It's a good reminder that they're not your boyfriend, they're not your girlfriend, they're not your partner.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Keep communication going, so keep checking in with the other one. If they're on the same page you they haven't caught feelings yet, they won't keep going. Just if they're not good at like you're not good at reading the room, and they're not good at giving off what they want, just ask them. Keep that communication going.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Communication is key to any relationship, anna, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good rule though, Like if you are in a friends with benefits situation or if you have a fuck buddy, you both need to just lay it on the table and just say the moment you catch feelings for me or I catch feelings for you, I'm going to be really transparent and honest about it, because I guess then a bigger conversation needs to happen and that conversation is, Hey, I'm starting to like you. How are you feeling, and like it could go one of two ways.
Speaker 1: Probably not going to go the way you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, who knows what could happen.
Speaker 1: Set a list of rules.
Speaker 2: So I watched an episode of Seinfeld a couple of days ago and it was called the Deal, and they made a deal when they were going to sleep together. So they had a list of rules that they would abide by. So one of them was no sleepovers.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could do that, Like if I had a friends with benefits and they were like, oh, we have sex and then you basically fuck off.
Speaker 2: Really you love the cuddle after, even with a friend with benefits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that wrong?
Speaker 2: I mean that's everyone's each of their own. I was putting my underwear on and walking in. No I went, so it had a strict routine talk deed, me crying, me getting dressed, leaving. Sometimes they'd be a dart in there afterwards.
Speaker 1: But I love it that you've added me crying in there.
Speaker 2: Okay. The last one is don't be afraid to use this time to figure out what you like and what you don't like in the bedroom. So this is a perfect time to experiment, like trying new things, new positions, new places. If you're feeling kinky.
Speaker 3: Maybe to teach them some things as well, like guys sometimes aren't the best at going down on girls, so like in a fuck buddy situation, you could like learn some pointers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can also try like new outfits out you know, you have a position essentially you're practicing for when you do find that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, interesting fact for you.
Speaker 3: Did you know that fifty two percent of men become emotionally attached in a friends with benefits set up compared to just forty four percent of women.
Speaker 2: That really surprises me. But then again, I'm not surprised. Like, I mean, a man that's constantly getting sex is going to be like, oh, this is good, I like her, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like, do you reckon? I feel like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean look at our situations. You ended up with your girlfriend and I ended up GHO seeing him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, exactly. I'm not surprised by that at all. I think there is a lot of truth behind that, because I guess men are pretty simple minded, aren't they. At the end of the day just once. They just lack sex. So we're we're not that too complicated. So if you're constantly getting it from someone, you're going I get to catch the fields.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I guess if you're having sex with someone they're a cool person, you start to get to know them on a deeper level. It's kind of like feels like a natural progression, even although like you're not supposed to. And then I reckon the reason why girls don't catch the feels as much is because girls have their guard up, Like we've been fucked over by so many different guys. We're like our wolves are higher than the empire state building, and you know we don't let anyone in, especially in a friends with benefits situation.
Speaker 2: Also, girls can probably compartmentalize what's actually going on.
Speaker 1: You don't think guys can. I think guys are the best at that.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm just more of a sensitive self.
Speaker 3: You are a.
Speaker 1: Sensitive We do love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about why being friends with benefits is great, Matt.
Speaker 2: Like I said before, you get to explore your sexuality and try new things and see what you can and can't do and what you like to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing I like about it.
Speaker 3: The most is there's less game playing, so you can both relax. You don't really have to impress one another.
Speaker 2: Also, there's less responsibilities. You don't have to go to family events with them, you don't have to do like pick them up from the airport, you don't have to do all that sort of stuff. You don't have to cook him dinner, and you can just literally have a relationship the good part of a relationship. Yeah, no arguments.
Speaker 1: Well I was.
Speaker 3: About to say, yeah, I mean I've definitely had arguments with my friends with benefits situation.
Speaker 2: Did you No, we just kept it minimal. There was nothing really to argue about.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we started arguing when he started to catch the fields more and was getting a bit like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And I was like, we're friends, that you can't ask.
Speaker 2: You that that green eyed monster slipped in and took over and did it.
Speaker 3: You can also keep yourself open to meeting the right one. So I guess if you're being satisfied physically, then you can kind of talk and become more open to new people and meet new people and like see what you're looking for out there.
Speaker 2: I find as well, for it is safer to have a fuck buddy in the situation of going home just random people all the time, you know what I mean, who knows where you're going, who knows what could happen. There's an element of risk to that involved, and there's obviously a level of familiarity with that person that you keep sleeping with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 3: I watch a lot of true crime and I have not had a one night stand for that reason because I would be terrified to go home with a stranger. So having a fuck buddy is definitely a better option.
Speaker 2: Having regular sex will also eliminate any desperate vibes that you're giving off in the club, because if you're out there at the bar or the nightclub and you know that you have someone that you're going to sleep with that night, you're going to come across way.
Speaker 1: Less can look a lot cooler. Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: You're going to be like this one's essentially for the guys, like you're going to not give up that desperate vibe when you're talking to girls. You're gonna know that you're you know, I reckon. It's both You're a bit more like I'm going home to get a shag. I don't. Okay, So that was all the positive reasons of having a fuck buddy, Anna, But let's touch on the cons all right. So the first one would be if things turn sour, you're gonna lose a friendship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing is is like, how do friends with benefits situation start. Do you start as two friends who then kind of just like toy with the idea, do you start dating and then you realize it's not going to work because I guess yeah, if you're friends and then you add an element of sex to it.
Speaker 2: It could also be two people that had a one night stand and they realized the sex is really good and they got along, but this isn't going.
Speaker 1: To be anything serious, anything serious.
Speaker 2: So essentially, to have a fuck buddy, like we said before, you have to get along with them, like you have to be friends. So if the relationship ends, you're losing a friend and that could be heartbreaking. Out the same time, you.
Speaker 3: Don't get any of the other benefits of a relationship, like the support, the emotional connection, and the exclusivity which sometimes we don't realize we want but we probably might actually need.
Speaker 2: As that can be a pro, it can also be a con. So that's really a double edged sword. It depends on what way you look at it, but it can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I reckon that's the reason why I've only had one because I just need that emotional connection. Like I can't really have sex with someone unless I feel something for them.
Speaker 2: I've said it before. Sex is a massive transfer of energy, So you're giving them your energy, you're taking their energy. You need to be able to get along with them. You have to be prepared for when they drop you, because they might find a new relationship. That's how a lot of them do end as well. Anna, a lot of friends with benefit situation end because well one of them's found someone that they're going to date and they have to, you know, ditch the roster. And you could have been on that roster. Sorry girls, look my formal apology.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think that's really heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: Like if you are getting into like a bit of a rhythm with someone and like sometimes you might set up boundaries, but you might just let your guard down a little bit. Like the more you get to know someone, the more comfortable you get, and if you get ditched, that can be really heartbreaking, and like you don't want to end up having to go through like a feeling of being broken up with when you weren't even in a relationship. Like, as we've said before in this podcast, some of those breakups are harder than actual like six year relationship breakups.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I was just thinking of some of those messages I've had in the past. Fuck, they're funny.
Speaker 1: What messages when you're like.
Speaker 2: Sort of seeing someone like in that way could be a fuck with buddy situation and they send you a message saying that they've met someone and this can't happen anymore, and you're like, what fuck you, I'll go meet someone then.
Speaker 3: And the final one is you might actually fall in love with them.
Speaker 1: Look you've done this though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look it can be a con also can be a pro. It's a double edged short again. You you know, you might not be looking for something, but who knows? Like if for me, you can find love in the weirdest places, and it can be that person that you rely on pretty heavily.
Speaker 3: What do they say you find love when you're least accepting it. And I guess if your fuck buddies is someone you're probably not expecting things to turn into something more obviously, Okay, Matt let's just say there's a friends with benefits situation happening. You start to get feelings. You have a feeling that they also could be getting feelings. Let's talk about times when it might be okay to actually progress into something more with a fuck buddy.
Speaker 2: Okay, there is chemistry and attraction in the relationships, so you both are really feeling that and the chemistry's there, you guys are laughing, you've got good ban tak. Yeah, you both think the other one's hot like this friends with benefit relationship could be going for a year, like case four, and you still find each other attractive. So that's a promising sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's wild that you had a friends with benefit relationship for four years. Like that just blows my mind every time you say because I think I forget, but it's actually wild. Another one is you do milestone activities together, so you might go away for the weekend.
Speaker 1: You might. That means you're practically dating.
Speaker 2: If if that's happening, you guys should definitely be you know what, it would be nice to travel with a friend with benefits, you know, you get that nice like, you know, like a little staycation.
Speaker 1: Get a bit of company. If it is sex on this have a nice hotel.
Speaker 3: But I mean, look, that's kind of when it's starting to obviously turn into more. You say things like I miss you. I've made this mistake with mine. I was feeling a bit needy.
Speaker 1: I'm needy at on the.
Speaker 3: Best of days, and I said I miss you, And you know, I think when that's starting to happen, you have to reassess.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this guy, no wonder who got feelings for you. I don't know if you're messaging him saying I miss you, he probably thinks this is going somewhere. He probably thought you guys were actually genuinely going to be boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I feel bad.
Speaker 2: You spend the entire weekends together, so that saying like, if you're spending a lot of time with someone, that means they're the right one for you. I guess yeah.
Speaker 3: You start having deep chats not only about their life but about their romantic past, so you start to kind of open up and let them in. I feel like that's when the guards starts to come down and the feels start to bubble up to the surface.
Speaker 2: And another one is when you hang out, you don't always have sex. This is a massive alert if this happens, because they are your fuck buddy. So if you're not fucking I guess what are they? Yeah, your buddy.
Speaker 3: What happens if like you go out on a night out and you just, you know, you just CEBF, like sometimes you do CBF with having sex and just god you don't, but I know, I find most of the rest of the population does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you just go and just what cuddle them. Yeah that's very romantic, Anna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you're still friends with benefits, Like you're not boyfriend and girlfriend. You've both established the boundaries and like, you know, one night you could just be like I'm not really feeling it, but like maybe we'll fuck the next time I see.
Speaker 2: Or in the morning or in the morning. You try dating other people, but you always end up wishing you with them.
Speaker 3: Huge one, huge one that friends with benefit situation is becoming more I think as well when they're just like plaguing your mind, Like you just keep thinking about them. Little things that you like a tree will make you think about them because once they talked about a tree.
Speaker 1: Like random things.
Speaker 2: Also, if you're like love languages, gift giving and you start buying a lot of gifts. Yeah, you're not sleeping with anyone else. Yeah, you're not even open to sleeping with other people. You just want to sleep with them. I mean some people that's why they do have a friend with benefit, just so they could sleep with the one person. But a lot of people are always open and we said to be open for other people.
Speaker 3: But if they're not, then I guess every situation is different, and obviously there's different boundaries. I mean, I know in my case, like I wasn't sleeping with anyone else, but that's because I'm kind of like a mangal.
Speaker 1: At a time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the final one is you know everything about the other person and hang out with their friends. Like if you're getting introduced to the friends, it could be going somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And like I think as well, like sometimes guys like introduce you to their friends or like maybe a sibling to be like, hey, like what do you.
Speaker 1: Think of this girl? Like do you think they're cool?
Speaker 3: If that's happening, I feel like that could be a sign that things could be progressing. Uh huh, Okay, Matt, it's our favorite time of the show.
Speaker 1: It's time to hear where our heads are at.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the first one from our listener says, I'm thinking of getting a fuck buddy as I usually only sleep with people who I am dating, but I'm actually scared to get attached. What are some ways I can train myself to see them merely as a fuck buddy and nothing else.
Speaker 2: Look, I think the best thing to do is is to go in there. You can't really train yourself, can you anna.
Speaker 1: You just have to like make sure you set up clear boundaries.
Speaker 2: And I think, but then if you do fall from, you fall from Is that the worst thing that could happen?
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, you can be heartbroken and traumatized.
Speaker 2: Is it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 3: Look, I think you have to choose your fuck buddies very carefully. I think that there's specific people who are right for that role, and there's some people who might not be. Like, if you meet someone and you can tell that they're really into you, they're probably not the best can today to be your fuck buddy because you know that their feelings are probably just going to grow. And I think the scariest part of the whole fuck buddy situation is when you give someone the power who doesn't like you as much because I guess with that power then they kind of just control you in a way, which is, in my opinion, terrifying.
Speaker 2: Also, another good tip for you is to go watch No Strings Attached for Friends with Benefits. Yeah, they teach you how to navigate around fuck buddy situation.
Speaker 3: I actually learned a lot from that movie, to be honest, I thought it was super interesting. Like, the reason why people want to have a fuck buddy is because they just don't want to deal with the emotional baggage that relationships bring. They just want to have like they don't want to have to deal with it. They've got busy lives and they just like.
Speaker 1: Want to root in a boot. I told you that, repea and repeat repeat.
Speaker 2: Okay, So another question comes in from our listener. I am sleeping with this girl at the moment, and I wanted to just be a friends of benefit situation. However, she seems to be getting a little too attached. I like what we have, but she gets jealous if I speak to another girl and then doesn't speak to me until I apologize and give her more attention. Help in caps lock, Jesus look, mate, if I have to give you any tips, it would be that she obviously isn't the one to be a friend with benefit with. She is obviously more attached and she has feelings for you, and you need to have the discussion with her if she wants to continue sleeping with you or to end it, because I feel that you're only going to break her heart and if you're a good guy, you would see that.
Speaker 1: Yeap, I totally agree.
Speaker 3: I think the best thing for him to do would be to end the situation.
Speaker 1: I think the moment that someone.
Speaker 3: Starts to get feelings, it's no longer a friends with benefits situation.
Speaker 1: The best thing to do is to end it.
Speaker 2: There's always another friends of benefit situation out there. Just get back out there and see what there is.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, that's all we have time for. As always, make sure you stay on top of our socials. That's where's your head at pod on Instagram and TikTok, and make sure you give us a five star review.
Speaker 1: It really helps grow
Speaker 3: Our podcasts at Until next time, Bye bye,