Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Late Debates.
Speaker 3: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to the not so Late Debate. I'm Liz Stor and joining me this evening is mister Joe Hildebrand and Gabriella Power.
Speaker 4: So you know you're in for a corker of a show.
Speaker 3: Later on, we'll discuss a group of Virginian teachers who have banded together to take their school to court for mandating using students preferred pronouns. Keir Starmer's government is again under fire for mauling the Equality Act, desegrating women's rights once again, and Reagan has launched another legal action. Seems like this woman can't even take a joke. But first tonight, with just thirty two days before Trump takes the White House, the Democrats are desperate to pass the hugest Omnimus Bill. You will not believe what is in these pages. But remember back in September when Speaker of the House Mike Johnson promised everyone this wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 2: But overall with the cr as our leader just noted, we have we have broken the Christmas omni and I have no intention of going back to that terrible tradition. So there won't be a Christmas omnibus. If somebody asked me in the hallway a little while ago, will there be mini buses? We don't want any buses. We're not going to do any buses, okay, And we got to get through this so everybody understands the necessity.
Speaker 5: It is not palatable.
Speaker 2: This is the sausage making part of legislation that nobody likes. But we're governing and we'll pick it up in January and start a brand new day for America.
Speaker 3: What a difference two months can make. That man can only afford to lose one vote otherwise lose the race for Speaker on January third, So he's all but a gana. But to give you an illustration of just how huge this omnibus bill.
Speaker 4: Is, he has Republican rip Nancy Mace.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we printed off the CR that dropped last night, and the last.
Speaker 4: CR that Congress did, and what didn't you do?
Speaker 6: The CR that was done in September went.
Speaker 4: From September twenty sixth to December twentieth eighty four, excuse me, eighty five days for this CR.
Speaker 5: It's twenty one pages.
Speaker 4: Now we have the next r that we're going to be voting on on the next day or two.
Speaker 7: It is fifteen hundred and forty seven pages.
Speaker 3: Who has time to read something that huge.
Speaker 4: Well, one guy did.
Speaker 3: His name's vivik Ramaswami, and as you know, he's someone that Trump has appointed to the Department of Government Efficiency. Here he is telling us a little bit about what's in this thing.
Speaker 7: Versus is about to pass a bill that blows away your tax pay money.
Speaker 1: But they made it over.
Speaker 7: Fifteen hundred pages long so you wouldn't read it. It contains pay raises for members of Congress and I'm not making this up an expansion of their federal health benefits. It contains all kinds of special interests and pork funding, including opening up a new stadium in Washington, DC. It renews the Global Engagement Center, which is a keynode of the censorship industrial complex. And the worst part is they didn't want you to know about any of it.
Speaker 3: This bill also blocks subpoenas of House data, which would make it impossible for Trump's doj to investigate Congress, namely the Gen six Committee. That would be impossible should this bill pass. It also funds twelve bio weapon labs.
Speaker 4: Why do we need those? Would love an explanation there.
Speaker 3: But it was all going quite swimmingly until one Elon mass took to Twitter with his over two hundred and seven million followers to alert the American public as to what was going on. He tweeted, any member of the House or Senate who votes for this outrageous spending bill deserves to be voted out in two years. Well, here's Fox News reporting on the resulting pandemonium.
Speaker 8: Here's what happened. A post on x by Elon Musk sent shockwaves through the Capitol House. Republicans were trying to see if they have enough votes to pass the spending bill in the next hour or two. Musk posted that anyone who votes hes should lose their office in two years. And lawmakers are scrambling tweets from Moscow.
Speaker 1: And has that complicated this?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that there's always a lot of interest in what's happening up here, and this is more than interest.
Speaker 8: They're telling people they vote, yes, they should be voted out.
Speaker 4: The social media world is a part of our politics.
Speaker 3: Yes, the social media We the ears party of politics. Now, Gabby, this is such an incredible feed. It really shows how much X is such a flex now everyday people. Elon's not an everyday person, but there was plenty of those also jumping online alerting the American public. Get on the line, call your member of parliament because this bill cannot pass.
Speaker 4: Just tell them you won't vote for them if they support it.
Speaker 9: It's amazing. It doesn't just show the power of Elon Musk. It shows the people in America and how engaged they are. And we really saw that in that election campaign. So many people were getting information on sources like X because they weren't getting it from the mainstream media, and people like Elon Musk and other digital creators like Dannie Johnston and Charlie Kirk were really engaging with American voters, and people were turning out to vote for the first time and throwing their support behind Donald Trump because that's who.
Speaker 5: They wanted in.
Speaker 9: But it's interesting people aren't just sitting back and waiting for January twenty when we do finally get Trump back in there, now calling up their representatives as Nacy Mace was encouraging them to do, and actually now having to say and how this is playing out. I think it's it's actually pretty amazing. And then but when you look at the spending that and the debt that America is in, it just highlights the need for those this government efficiency that pivic Ramislami and Musk will be leading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got a cost of housing crisis over in America as well. And they're like, you want twelve bio labs, you want forty pay rises for everyone.
Speaker 1: Got to make COVID somewhere. You know, you can't just do it in your back yard.
Speaker 5: The violer, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, I think I'm not sure how comfortable I am with Elon Musk just single handedly deciding.
Speaker 4: On making people aware.
Speaker 1: Ye's crazy true, and it is. It is a long time on American anided Australian tradition where if you've got a whole bunch of stuff, or even just one little thing that you know is going to be absolutely horrendously unpopular, we whack it. You attach it to a giant omnibus pillar and an a giant omnimus bill, or sometimes you can just attach it to a bill that's really really popular. So it's like this is the free Kittens for All bill, and then you just attach the sort of pay rise for parliamentarians on the bottom of it, and then of course you try to shove it through when everyone's looking to break for the holidays, everyone's looking to go home for Christmas, and you basically say, dude, don't you And this is what Anthony Alberanzi, of course, very successfully did in the last week of parliament. So Anthony Alberzi has managed to do what Joe Biden and the two US Houses of Congress have not been able to do and get all the including the course of social media bills, which very much upset Elon Musk, which may have been why he was a bit salty and posted that tweet in the first place.
Speaker 3: He has rightly said that this bill is a crime. He had many successive tweets after that first one alerting to the public what was actually going on in their House of Parliament. He kept saying, now now I've learned this, Now I've learned.
Speaker 4: That they're also pushing such and such.
Speaker 3: This bill is a crime. It cannot be allowed to continue. But you make a really good point there, Joe, because that's exactly what they've done. Because also in this omnibus bill is one hundred billion dollars for disaster relief, and we know that the communities that were affected by the hurry.
Speaker 1: To donate it to the Democrats presidential campaign.
Speaker 4: Yes, so they've really put.
Speaker 3: Members who represent those states between.
Speaker 4: A rock and a hard place.
Speaker 3: As is explained by Republican rep Anna paul Lina Luna, Sorry.
Speaker 4: We don't have that grab for you. She's basically saying, this.
Speaker 3: Thing is a sh I direct quote sandwich, because this is what they've done.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm doing. That's right. So you don't give us. If you don't give us the pay rise, you don't get your disaster relief funding. And that is the whole purpose of having an no be bill.
Speaker 4: That you know, absolutely diabolic.
Speaker 1: It is dastardly, It is diaboltic, but diabolical, and it is just it is politics. But again, I guess Trump and Alon are going to drain the swamp and the.
Speaker 4: Absolutely big plug. Trump and JD.
Speaker 3: Vans have put out a statement saying Republicans do not let this pass.
Speaker 4: Here's that Anna Paulina grab for you. The fact is is that, look, this is a sandwich.
Speaker 8: I don't know how to say that we're being forced into this position.
Speaker 4: They could have done a standalone.
Speaker 6: They did this because they knew that it would put members in this position to support it.
Speaker 5: We're damned if we do. We're damned if we don't.
Speaker 3: But of course the Democrats are all for it. Here's Democrat Dick Durbin told about the forty pay rise. He initially pretends he didn't even know about this bit, and then goes on to have a spat with the reporter about it.
Speaker 1: Members are giving themselves a pay raise? Do you guys deserve a pay raise?
Speaker 10: Well, that's news to me, it's good news. You know what, has it been ten years or fourteen years? No call?
Speaker 7: People look at the performance of kind and saying why should we give them more money?
Speaker 10: What about the media, Think about that for a second.
Speaker 1: We're not paid by public money.
Speaker 10: I know you're not, but I mean half of your listeners, who are there anymore? You're still getting the same paycheck. What's going on?
Speaker 4: If in doubt just starts sledging.
Speaker 3: The reporter, I mean talk about biting the hand that leads you, Gabby, Well, he.
Speaker 5: Does have a bit of a point with it.
Speaker 9: If he's covering talking to a CNN reporter, You mean you look at the coverage, there's election campaign. It seems pretty one sided. And you know, of course, don't look at me, to look at you.
Speaker 1: That's say that said the reporter. No problem.
Speaker 3: And the drone pandemonium in America has continued, but finally we have a word on it from the President of the United States.
Speaker 4: Nothing the furious apparently, but the checking it all out.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of drones.
Speaker 5: Authorized to pop down. I think you won't they all guys.
Speaker 1: Everybody's wanting to get in a deal.
Speaker 9: But we'll.
Speaker 3: Quote, after about a week of pandemonium, that was very compelling, rich and I'm sure everyone is one hundred reassured.
Speaker 4: Thank you, mister President.
Speaker 1: I think a grateful nation can sleep easy.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, after seeing that grabs so reassured.
Speaker 9: It doesn't help Americans in any way. What American is watching that feeling reassured? And you know, and no one is better off with Biden leading at the moment. We've we've learnt that over the last four years he hasn't really been there. It's been his staff around him that have been making the decisions. But you know, at least when we heard from Donald Trump, at least he was confirming that the military knew where these drones were being launched from. Biden just said, oh, apparently there's nothing nefarious. It's just I can't even speaking. It's just litly.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you what it is or what's going on, but I can assure you it's completely safe.
Speaker 4: It's nothing to be worried about.
Speaker 1: Once so because Biden and the US governmental apparatus at large has been so utterly hopeless at discovering what is actually going on, Liz, and also they claim I have taken matters into my own hands and thought, well, you know, if no one else is doing their job, I'm going to roll up my slaves, I'll do it for you. And on my Groundbreak, my groundbreaking podcast, The Real Story with Joe Hildebrand, I thought, I'll get the real story on the drones, and I got an aviation expert who some of your viewers might know, Captain Byron Bailey. He sometimes comes on the show. He was very active in trying to pinpoint the location of m H three seventy. He's got some He sort of analyzed all the data and stuff and he wrote a book on it with the late great Ian Higgins of the Australian but he came on and he has a lot of high level contact sources in the US military and the US Air Force in particular, in one particular, a retired lieutenant colonel of the Air Force. He spoke to over night, and apparently what the military are all saying, Spill is that and this is amazing. Is the first time I've actually heard this, and it's perfectly plausible, perfectly rational. It explains everything. But it is that a while ago, a few years ago, I think we said that the late nineties or whenever it was, but a few years ago, NASA basically funded all these private companies, for the most part to come up with drone technology to see which would be the bear and this is the sort of thing it does all the time, which would be the best to meet America's civil and possibly also military, but largely civil needs. NASA is obviously a civilian organization because of course they're going to need huge amounts of these drones for what is going to be the industries of the future. So we already know, you know, your Amazon deliveries are all going to come by drones soon, Your Uber eats will all come by drone soon, and so warfare will be warfare pretty much already one hundred percent drives. But and you know, and back to the future, we're going to be flying around and we're going to have driverless cars and will soon have flying taxis as well, and driverless flying taxis like the Jetsons Star Wars. And so what they need to do is actually test all this new technology, test all these sort of prototypes and see if it works. And they actually set up they have set up sort of designated air traffic corridors highways if you like, in the northeast of America, which is the most populous part. So you're in New York's, New Jerseys, your Virginia, Virginia.
Speaker 4: They've all sights.
Speaker 1: Well apparently between New Jersey and Virginia that is one of that that is one of the highways and is below one thousand feet, which is the lowest that any light aircraft can go. So no light aircraft can go below that one thousand feet, and the drones operate there where there's not meant to be anything else.
Speaker 4: But if.
Speaker 3: Simply these guys establishing this corridor, getting their drones in the air testing things, why wouldn't the government just say.
Speaker 1: That because the government doesn't want Russia or China to know anything about what they're doing.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they know all about it now we are in a discussion.
Speaker 1: I don't want them to know because this is such sense.
Speaker 3: So you've just told Russia and China good ones.
Speaker 1: Because it is so cutting edge, they'll just see that and think it's Iranian aliens or whatever. But it is so cutting edge technology, it is so sensitive, and obviously industrial espionage is a huge thing. We know that China crawls all over whatever technological secrets they can get their hands on, and this of course explains why, as many experts have said, every single one of these drones have been cited has official FAA regulated flying lights on the red light on one side and the little flashing one as well, so they're all aboid by US Federal Aviation Authority rules, which of course, if there were any foreign force, be it from another country or another planet, they would not be doing. So this is the only theory that to me makes perfect sense.
Speaker 4: And we'll make sure that in.
Speaker 9: New Jersey is listening to your podcast, and many people are quite concerned.
Speaker 5: Were hardly going.
Speaker 1: The real sports solved the problem?
Speaker 3: I think that could very much be true because it also works in with the theory circulating that this has got a lot to do with the fact that the FAA's Reauthorization Act back in twenty eighteen is due to expire in December twentieth, and so the next administration will be looking to make a different bill furthering those powers, and everyone's like, oh, it's going to be another grab for our freedoms.
Speaker 4: Only time will tell.
Speaker 3: But we all know that America has struggled for a very long time within ob city pandemic. It is well known throughout the Western world that they are the leaders, although Australia is embarrassingly playing catch up. According to CDC data, more than one in five Americans are obese. According to the same data in twenty three states, it's more like one in three RB. So what does the San Francisco Health Department decide to do? Hire a fat positivity expert to consult on weight stigma and neutrality. Her name is Virgie Tovar, and here she is weighing in on what health.
Speaker 4: Means to her.
Speaker 1: Where do you see the intersection?
Speaker 4: Really, what is your definition of health?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's really complicated. I think I want to sort of I want to talk about that question, but I want to start by saying that, you know, no one has to be healthy, you know, right, Like I mean, it's like no, like, there is no government body that's like out there putting you know what I mean, No one owes anybody that in either the traditional sense of the word or any other more innovative or you know, more politicized maybe even version of that word. So I think it's important to say like, and I want to back up and bring an intersectionality and say like, great, like, look at the disabled community, right, like, I think people with disabilities have an activist within that space have consistently been saying like, I'm never going to be your notion of healthy.
Speaker 5: That doesn't mean I don't get to be a full human.
Speaker 6: You get to treat me some kind of way, right, And so I think that I love taking that principle within disability rights to fat activism and to understanding of fatness.
Speaker 3: Except that being fat is not a disability. And I'm sure the people living with a disability would be the first to say so, how jolly insulting.
Speaker 4: This woman has.
Speaker 3: Authored a book called You Have the Right.
Speaker 4: To Remain Fat.
Speaker 3: I mean, why does San Francisco Health Department get off gabby when this is the second biggest killer, second only just smoking in the United States.
Speaker 9: No longer needs encouragement to eat junk food or get fat because everyone loves it. Like if I'm doing a trip to America, I'm going to shake shack. I'm going to all the places.
Speaker 5: And living it up.
Speaker 9: But the thing is, we could laugh about it, but it's a serious health problem in America. Seventy million Americans are OBEs. And then you know, the life expectancy over in the US is nowhere near commit to other developed nations, and it's a huge concern. Of course, if you're going to the doctor and the doctor's saying this is actually a huge problem. Now you're now at risk of having a heart attack, you're at risk.
Speaker 4: Of cardio vascular disease, any number of.
Speaker 9: Liver disease, and risk of types of cancers developing. But then you've got this person that sand Franz hired saying, you know, ignore the medical advice, We've got to stay fat. It's absolutely ridiculous. I think san Franz got enough problems as it is.
Speaker 5: I could really be focusing on the on the.
Speaker 1: Issue I don't think there's a huge obesity problem among San Francisco's homelessness epidemic, for example, struggling. But it's just such a San Francisco story, isn't it. It's just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: Negligent though, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Well, I think the problem is. I think that it confuses two things.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm the last person to ever want a fat shame anyone. I've got plenty of vices. I'm just lucky that wait as is something I've never had to struggle with. But I've got it. This is true.
Speaker 3: Joe lives on AFC and Hungry Jacks. I kid you, not every single night two piece Fox Tonight metabolically blessed.
Speaker 1: I know I can't help it. I've got a very fast metabolism and it just raised through it. But I'm like, I'm addicted to a whole bunch of other stuff, pretty much everything else except food.
Speaker 3: I've been Would you be encouraging people who are clinically or lot of me to stay that way?
Speaker 1: And it's great, That's exact point I was going. Mate. So I used to smoke right before I managed to quit by vaping. But you know, and I'd smoke and I hated people who are shamed smokers, and I found it really annoying that, you know, we've got completely sort of marginalized and soon could that help you quit? Though exactly think I think it did it, but also shame. But also the main thing that made me quit is because I became a father and I realized that I was going to die much sooner than I actually needed to, and they wouldn't be able to run around after my kids without getting out of breath and sort of stuff. And I and I, you know, even then it was really really hard, and it was only through vaping that I could. But the point being is it's one thing to say, you know, we all have our vices and we shouldn't shame other people and you know, forced to live. It's a very different thing to say, oh, no, smoking is great. I should be proud to be a smoker. I should be proud to be killing myself a decade earlier than I need to be so my kids wouldn't have a father when they were.
Speaker 9: Campaign and taxpayers have to pay for this, So someone gets a job encouraging people.
Speaker 3: To the taxpayer who picks up the disease burden. The price tag on the disease burden that OBEs people do put on the rest of the taxpayers in whatever country they're living. Into the UK now where Labour's London Led Council has come under fire for advertising in several languages to any migrants.
Speaker 4: Who might be out there in search of social housing.
Speaker 3: Their video was playing in Arabic, French, Spanish, ben Gali, with Westminster residents saying, hang on a minute, we're priced out of our own city.
Speaker 4: Here do us a favor.
Speaker 3: And here you are supposedly advertising heavily subsidized housing to migrants. We can barely afford tolive here ourselves, and you.
Speaker 4: Guys give them.
Speaker 3: It's a thirty one thousand pounds subsidy every year to live where we live, but at a fraction of the cost. And you're advertising to people who supposedly haven't even gone to the effort of learning English. Gabby, you can imagine how angry the residents of we Sminster are infuriating.
Speaker 9: It's so infuriating, you know people over you know, right around the world, but particularly in places like England and in London where working middle class are paying, you.
Speaker 5: Know, living paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 9: They're trying so hard to save up for a house and they can't because it rents through the roof, and then they're paying for social housing, and the priority seems to go to migrants that can't even speak English. You know, I think there needs to be some incentive for them to be able to learn English, for them to.
Speaker 5: Be able to contribute to society.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and I do have sympathy with people who are in vulnerable situations, but this is the priority should be for the.
Speaker 5: People of England.
Speaker 9: And you know, I think seeing that it's hard and as you say, Joe, the fact that French.
Speaker 1: Look, I was going to say, I was going to go into bat for this scheme, say, I didn't see any problem with soever. You need to be able to communicate with people in a way they can understand, and if that means using their native language. And then I saw they're using French, they're doing it for the French. The French don't really the French. The French had their own empire and they pissed it away because they couldn't sail boats properly. And as for your revolution, liberty, equality, fraternity, tell that to the Haitians. The French revolutionary government tried to re enslave the Haitians after they'd fought for their freedom, so that Napoleon could use all the sugar as fodder for his hopelessly incompetent sailing machines.
Speaker 3: May have you done a podcast on how much you hate the French, because I think.
Speaker 1: Series something that infuses mind. Taiwan into China, the Vietnam War to anything, French dragged everyone else in it to try and clean up their mess. Just hopeless. World War two come in, we have it now, regime that degrees with everything you say.
Speaker 3: Well, also the French, according to Joe, you can trace it back to the French.
Speaker 4: Just jokes, that's not actually true whatsoever.
Speaker 3: But staying in the u UK, Britain has emerged as the western capital of sharia law after it came to light that over eighty five sharia law courts are operating throughout the UK. I'm sure that this comes as a shock to most Brits that there is that many. The first one was established back in nineteen eighty two, and gosh, haven't they grown to twenty twenty four. This raises a lot of questions, Joe, because there's it begs the question obviously, yes, plenty of migrants here, same in Australia. But to what extent do you allow people who have come to your country and should be operating by your laws to set up their own quothy law courts and call their own shots. Particularly, this raises questions with regards to women's rights in the UK.
Speaker 4: The article goes on to.
Speaker 3: Detail which I particularly found interesting, that if if a Muslim man wants to be divorced, he simply needs to say divorced three times and he's done, whereas.
Speaker 1: My text message is actually I to just text I divorced you three times? Oh God, and that was enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd be living on tenterhooks as a Muslim wife.
Speaker 4: I mean, any minute.
Speaker 1: You find obedient and it's all over.
Speaker 3: But of course a woman has to apply to one of these Sharia law courts and have it approved. So that is just one example of the inequality this puts on women, particularly living in a country where they ought to have equal rights.
Speaker 1: That's right, And look, the truth is I do have legal rights because the actual law of the land would override Trea law wherever there's a clash. But of course whether or not the parties themselves and women, for example, empowered to access those laws or want to, or whether they're worried that there would be repercussions if they did that. So I think I don't think it's really a legal problem so much as a social problem. And again, I think a lot of people hear Sharia law and they think it's people being stoned to death for adultery or you know, crazy kind of wild punishments. It is mostly for things like marriages. And so in that case, it's not that much different from getting married in a Catholic church and obeying the vows that the church puts upon you, which are not legally obliged to do, and which.
Speaker 3: But at least would sure and then you are married in the eyes of the state. Whereas in this situation, apparently over one hundred thousand marriages have occurred in these Sharia law courts, Gabby, but England has absolutely no clue.
Speaker 5: They're not official marriages.
Speaker 9: No, it's concerning when you look at what there are one hundred thousand Islamic marriages that have been conducted and written, many of them not registered. And you know the fact that there have been so many of these Sharia law courts opening up throughout the UK.
Speaker 5: I think creates a big social problem.
Speaker 9: When you look at Sharia law, there are apparently, you know, as you say, big problems for women. There can apparently marry as many women as they like, and then you know, for women it's a different story.
Speaker 5: And they're apparently also apps that are.
Speaker 9: Being set up that men can use so you can to work out their inheritance, so daughters can get fifty percent less compared to sons, all these types of things. So this is all happening in Britain, but it's not under British law. But it creates a social problem because this is if this keeps happening, this keeps growing, it's going to create a divide in Britain, that's right.
Speaker 1: I think the problem is that they're that there, that there are these cultures or these social issues which are overwhelmingly weighted against women. I remember I went to Morocco once, which has also has technical bigamy laws as well. You can have two wives, but very few people take it up. And one of the one of the guys I spoke to there said.
Speaker 3: Do you really want to?
Speaker 1: Because I want to. But I think the problem is that that where it exists is not that the tech quarly there's this other law there, because that again, that law can be completely overridden by the by the actual law of the land.
Speaker 3: The question, sure, but we do or not that these women are likely to be aware of the law of the land, which.
Speaker 1: Is whether or not women are But that's right. The question is whether or not women are actually being oppressed, whether or not they're being beaten. I mean, there's there's some weird things in certain Muslim I think that's had. It's about, you know, whether you know that you should only likely beat your woman with a stick if she's bad. But it does stress very lightly, so it's very progressive. So I think that is more of a problem rather than you know, the fact that Sharia law is in the land. That is just a sort of cultural thing more than it is any anything that provides any legal protection.
Speaker 3: But therein lies the question to what extent do you allow a different culture to practice in a country which has an entirely different culture to Sydney Now where Termine wearing Sikhs, so pushing for religious exemptions to wear a helmet if they're on a motorcycle. They say, look, this is not just a piece of material. For us, this is part of our religion. In order to wear a helmet as per the law of the land, we can't really do that wearing our turban. Maveleen Deer, who's founder of the Singh's Social The Sings, Yes, sorry, I thought I'd mispronounced seats. The Sings Social Motorcycle Club Australia in Sydney, says it is an infringement on religious rights. The turban is not just headwear. It is a religious symbol embodying our commitment to truth. The choice we have is to either take off our turbans or not right at all. It's not just a piece of cloth for us. So different example, Gabby, but here we have the same thing. There's a particular religious group from a particular culture saying, hang on a minute, we don't want to abide by the laws of the land, even though it's in this case of health and safety, because we are from a different culture and that means we get to wear our turbans at all times.
Speaker 9: Look good luck for them, you know, good luck to them, I should say for trying.
Speaker 5: But there's no case here. You make exemption for one.
Speaker 9: If you're going to make exemptions for the next of the next And it comes down to safety, as you said, And if you actually look at the stats, I think injuries and deaths from motorcycle incidents have just gone up. They think they're thirty three percent compared to this time last year.
Speaker 5: There's there's no case for it.
Speaker 1: Have they gone up among seats? Maybe they're very safe.
Speaker 3: Do you think the men's government will bow to this commanding this as there.
Speaker 1: Was a thing as long as there was some kind of helmet exemption form or whatever. And I'm serious here that you would fill in and say I hereby except that I'm an increased risk of head injury or whatever, I'm not going to I'm not going to hold the state libel or other people liabel for any head injuries I incurve as a result of this. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 9: Anyone you still apply it to.
Speaker 4: Anyone should have the right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to wear a turban every single day of your life, that's absolutely fair.
Speaker 4: But for any other reason, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that is a very specific reason that if there's someone else who's religion physically prevents them from putting on a motorcycle helmet, then yeah, I mean I don't think.
Speaker 9: What about someone who just wants to get out of the fine if they're caught, you know, on a motorbike.
Speaker 1: They're not wearing the fine, but that would happen. Do you know how much I don't know, if you know guys know anythings. Do you know how much effort it takes to crazy? So you're not allowed to you're not you're not allowed to cut your hair. You're allowed to cut any of your hair. It's all sacred, right, And then you have to wrap your hair up, and then you have to wrap it them and I don't know how they do it, but they've got this really particular way of tying it. It takes ages. You have to you cannot take it off, you cannot be out and about without it. Right, So again, to do the same, that's right. So again, if someone says if someone's caught, like if someone's caught fine for not wearing a helmet and they just happened to have a turban to get away from the inconvenience of putting on a helmet, that just makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 3: But also, how have they been surviving to date? Obviously they have been abiding by the law of the land.
Speaker 4: So whatever you've.
Speaker 1: Been doing the helmets, so just be wearing the turbines.
Speaker 4: No, I don't believe.
Speaker 3: So that's why they're applying for the exemption to say, can we stop doing this?
Speaker 4: We will let you know what the Men's government decides before we go to a break pill testing.
Speaker 3: This time it's in place in New South Wales. How many times have we had this debate? Here's Premier Men's today with his little bit on why he said this is okay. I was a skeptic going into it, but ultimately we all need to be led by the evidence. So we're now paying health officials to make it safer for people to take drugs. Gabby I have always said just let it happen. Like if you remove the risk factor, the evidence is more people are going to take drugs because they lose their inhibition.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: What message does it saying, hey, kids, don't take drugs, but if you do, if you go to this festival, we just test it, you'll be fine. I think it's so irresponsible. I don't agree with it at all. I think it sends a wrong message to the next generation and also could create a bit of a culture problem.
Speaker 5: Places like Sydney.
Speaker 9: Already has a problem with drugs.
Speaker 5: Party drugs are already a big issue.
Speaker 9: It creates so many problems in families or long term impacts. People can get dependent on these drugs that all of a sudden going to festivals and then parties and it Someone else has made this point today, but it creates this false sense of safety and who really benefits what drug dealers and criminal gangs are going to make more money from.
Speaker 4: This great point.
Speaker 1: I just feel like this is just the most millennial thing ever. It's like, you know, I want to take illegal drugs, but I want the government to make sure that I'm protected when I do so. It's like I used to take hates the drugs when I was a wayard in wild youth, and I knew I took the risks. I didn't ask anyone if it was safe, and half the time I did get into all sorts of trouble. So but again, I just don't like, if you're going to be a rebellious youth, surely you don't want big brother to be holding your hand while you do. I just don't get it, Like it's just so unrock and roll. It's just like, so.
Speaker 9: I'll just get them I'll give it.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of like it is anxiously you're that anxious about from drugs.
Speaker 9: Talking to their friends saying, oh no, it's actually okay. You just get it tested, and then you know if someone was never going to take it in the first place, and all of a sudden there's more and more.
Speaker 5: Normalizes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the use of having illicit substances when you can take it.
Speaker 4: To the state? All the.
Speaker 5: War on drugs here, honestly.
Speaker 3: Indeed, and it is the taxpayer that ends up picking up the tab. If that person it's an addiction, if they find that they're homeless.
Speaker 4: Down the track, right.
Speaker 9: People start taking these drugs and then people it can lead to. It's one bad decision after another bad decision. It's a flow on effects. People make big life choices, and they may end up in a situation which they thought that they would have never.
Speaker 5: Been in it. And it all starts from somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, well, I think most people who are going to take drugs are going to take them anyway. I don't think this'sill Necessarily.
Speaker 4: It's not true.
Speaker 3: I think if you're a teenager and you're going to say a music festival where these pill testings are concentrated.
Speaker 4: You might be tempted.
Speaker 3: Look, it's a big night, let's just give it a go, and hey, it's been tested.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, I don't think it's I mean, ecstasy is not particularly addictive compared to some of the other really nasty drugs, like your heroin, your crystal meth, and indeed the party drug coke, which everyone thinks is fine because there's some suburbsset do it. But but I think it's more likely to be there's more likely to be these weird repercussions that we only see sort of much later on. Firstly, do do drug dealers at festivals end up just frequenting the lines for pills to get tested, knowing that there will be a sort of police moratorium on arrests, because obviously police can't arrest people for holding drugs.
Speaker 3: If they won't necessarily be there, the kids will get their hands on them. In knowing that the festivals coming up.
Speaker 1: Drug dealers operate at the festivals as everywhere plenty of the do, I can assure you, so they would be selling pills, and of course you sell them for much much more, and you've got a much much more captive and desperate market because kids are struggling to sort of catch up or they haven't been able to get it, so that can be dangerous. They don't know what they're getting. So do the dealers a operate with impunity in the sort of testing precinct? Do they be test their own pills and say these have been tested and in fact, perversely enough, use that as a kind of you know, means of platform on which to sell drugs and say these have been tested and they're pure, and they're pure MDMA whatever. See. Of course, what happens when kids get appeal given back to them and they say, yes it's pure, or yes, we don't advise you to take it, of course disclaim and disclaimed disclaimer, but this doesn't have any toxic sizes or whatever. Whatever the kid takes it. Something does go wrong. Is the government, I.
Speaker 4: Cannot believe coming up next, kissed Armer.
Speaker 3: His government's under fire again for mauling their own equality acts. Will be back, Welcome back, well Reagan, the woman we just can't see the back of has now taken a second legal action.
Speaker 4: And what does it mean a week?
Speaker 1: I think when you say just can't see the back of you mean, just can't get enough of because this chick is going gangbusters. She is just off the reservation. I was going to say off meds, but she might actually have. I mean, honestly, I've said it before.
Speaker 4: Careful Jo proving very litigious.
Speaker 1: You want to mind all I wanted. All I want you to know, Rachel, is that I am concerned for you. I have your well being very very close to my heart. So Raygan, Rachel Gunn has demanded ten thousand dollars from this comedy club that was going to put on this tiny, little, low key musical about her, so low key that the total in ticket sales that these guys had actually managed from a show that never went ahead, a total for all their ticket sales combined was five hundred dollars. So tiny little independent comedy club in Darlinghurst. And I tell you why I lived in Darlinghurst for years. Rent is not cheap, right, And she has sent using a law firm from Glebe as well, So it's very much your tale of Inner Sydney, aust that's right, tale of innsed versus in a West. But anyway, so she has sent a demand's letter to the club's owner for a show that did not take place and which had only made five hundred dollars at the box office. And the client says, you will. The lawyers say, in respective, Raygun, you will reimburse our client with legal costs to date, which we estimate to be ten thousand dollars. What, firstly, how much is this guy charging to send a letter that is not I know how much a legal letter cost and it ain't ten thousand dollars. And the club completely followed as well, and the cops that we will actually give you the five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: What's the actual case?
Speaker 3: This guy was just going to have a comedy show that involves the fact that this woman can't break dance.
Speaker 1: That's right, and it it just doesn't seem to make any sense. They keep saying. She's saying, oh, it's not the kangaroo. It's not because it's an indigenous kangaroo, or it's not really to any indigenous camp. But she knows that indigenous people have been upset by that, and saying, how do you appropriate the kangaroo when we've got our own kangaroo downs, So she says she's very sorry about that. And then she's saying, oh, it's not because it's an infringement on copyright. So then what actual So what.
Speaker 5: Is it, you know, electual property?
Speaker 1: But that doesn't when they actually try to, when they try to sort of say that Sara intellctual property, it makes no sense. And there is actually no legal grounds as far as I'm aware, for actually doing.
Speaker 3: That, because the lawyer clearly disagrees.
Speaker 1: The lawyer's just the lawyers making it up. This is the thing. They're just bullying this tiny little club like you can you can take the piece out of a public figure you do not have. Someone can pretend to be Joe Hildebrand or whatever, and I can't say, hey, you're taking my intellectual property because that's my name and so and that's.
Speaker 9: So Australia because yep, sorry, no, it's so Australian to take the pierce or what we do. Absolutely, and she the you need to lean into this, have some fun with it, and said she sends this comedy club a legal letter for ten grand I think anyone that had any support for Reagun has completely again.
Speaker 3: I've seen him a very different inside of her funny lady at the Olympics and.
Speaker 1: Now it's like always thought there was subjects.
Speaker 4: I mean, give us a break.
Speaker 3: Theorst part about this is this poor comedy guy is now going to be buried in legal fees himself. Because you can't write your own letter and response to something like that, you need legal help as well. And so the sad saga unfolds to Virginia now where a bend of teachers who had been mandated by their school you must use any student's preferred pronouns has taken the case to court.
Speaker 4: And one good on you guys. More teachers need to be doing this kind of thing.
Speaker 3: They're in Harrisburg City Public schools and they just said to themselves, look, we're not taking this. I love that they actually bother to take it to court.
Speaker 4: And what do you know, such a mandate is not legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also there is not a teacher alive, I reckon that would deliberately upset or offend one of their students. That's right. So if there was, for example, an actual student who seriously and I know some some kids who seriously you know, identified as someone of the opposite tenor or whatever, or wanted to go by a different name or different pronoun I have no doubt that meeting with the school it would be help help you dealt with really really sensitively, really really seriously, and that student would be addressed how they'd want to be addressed. The problem with the mandate is, I reckon you would instantly, and I know this because this is what I do. Instantly, every single kid would say they were gender fluid. They'd say, Joseph, what is the answer to question? So I'm sorry, miss, I'm gender fluid. It's Joseph today, and then say, oh, and that is what so many people.
Speaker 5: It's an opportunity for students.
Speaker 1: To just that's right, and you don't.
Speaker 5: Don't.
Speaker 1: The last thing you want to do in any school environment is put more power into the student's hands, but it's to you don't want to undermine the teacher's authority, of.
Speaker 5: Course, but it's just ridiculous. Why is this woke nonsense being pushed on them.
Speaker 9: You've got to, you know, say what your preferred name is and your preferred pronouns, stick to the gender you've actually It also just takes away from then people that are properly struggling with their gender. If then all of a sudden, twelve year olds have to save us. Maybe I'm a they, maybe I want to be.
Speaker 5: A heed today. It's it's absolutely ridiculous. Good on the teachers for fighting this one.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 4: And Gabby Kiss Starmer's Dolementarum in trouble.
Speaker 9: You know, the latest ipsoce poll that I found on Kiss Starmer found that he was more unpopular than any other PM in these five months that he's been leading for forty years. And I can understand why he's been urged to scrap this careless, careless rather guidance on single sex spaces. According to this document on what's sex spaces are, it's lawful to operate a single sex service on a mixed sex basis determined by self ID. So that completely takes your fe feeds the purpose of single sex spaces. If Kirstarma really cared about safe spaces for men for well, yeah, sure for men and also for mostly for women because they're more likely to be targeted, yeah, absolutely more vulnerable in this, he wouldn't need to include that that it's determined by self ID, that all of a sudden you can decide to be whatever you want and you can go into each space.
Speaker 1: He should look to my example because my yeah, my life. Well it's amazing what we've done at home. But at my house, my wife has actually established a no sex space.
Speaker 5: Right, how's that going through?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And on that note, I think it's a good time to go to a break stick around. And when we're back, Santa Con is taking America by store.
Speaker 4: Well, you can rest.
Speaker 3: Easier tonight because the climate crisis.
Speaker 4: Is sold as a giant cargo ship has been retrofitted with sales.
Speaker 1: Joe, that's correct, Liz. As you know, I'm a great student of history, and I thought that I'd missed the great Golden age of sale, but apparently it's coming back. It's fantastic steam that was just a passing fad dieselna who needs it? This is the Soha Max. It is a cargo ship with four hundred thousand ton capacity and it has just had five thirty five meter high Rota sales retrofitted to it. Look at it.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Tigned shipyard in China expected to be able to cut the vessel's fuel consumption by as much as way for it, I think all great was worth it. Wow that christ is so pro emissions by three thousand tons a year. The only catches it's carrying iron ore. So we have a tle oil tape.
Speaker 3: Of course, it had to do this in order to just wait, it's guilty conscience. Well you've probably heard of Tom McDonald. He is a strong conservative rapper in the United States of America, and he's put together a little jingle of his own for the festive season. Well, the tide is finely turning and Cammar's speech is slurring.
Speaker 1: Thank God for saying bye to Joel, screw the woke, screw the woke, screw the world.
Speaker 3: Now that he is a Christmas Carol, I think we can all get the.
Speaker 5: High a lot of sense. Look, Christmas spirit.
Speaker 9: Everyone's feeling it the moment, particularly in the streets of New York City.
Speaker 5: Where people are taking part in Santa Cohn. Take a look at this.
Speaker 11: I love to dress up, and I love the holiday season, and I just I love getting into a whole vibe of the holiday and seeing everyone else dressed up. That's what I pretty much do for a living. I mean, and a hobby. It's a hobby. I cars play anyways, So it's it's just it's so much fun to see everybody in the festive mood.
Speaker 9: Thousands of people are dressing up as Santa, taking to the streets, doing a pub crawl and getting into the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 5: Look, I don't think it's something that I would take part in.
Speaker 4: I'm so American. I like someone tried this in Australia. Everyone would be like, yeah, na, mate, well she'll be right, she'll be right. I love that. There's a few grenches in the mix as well, a.
Speaker 1: Few But even that lovely lady there, I sort of didn't say, is that Christians? She looked like a member of the suicide squad. She loved.
Speaker 4: Who's the woman in the suicide squad? You're just picking on her hand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well just you know, I just I'm not saying it wasn't nice, but Harlequin.
Speaker 4: She's insane. Harlequin's insane.
Speaker 3: What are you saying about this beautiful woman in America just trying to celebrate Christmas.
Speaker 1: Job probably has a few issues.
Speaker 4: Of harashtag discrimination.
Speaker 5: Adelaide to Vancouver, they're all taking part in it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it is absolutely massive. That's a wrap from us tonight. We'll see you tomorrow. Coming up next, Sky News documentary The Australian Sixty Years of news,